Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Eating cottage cheese-yuk!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

It's always loads of caffeine that's in weight loss pills. And that combined with working out hard would be a disaster for your heart. They say the raise your metabolism and body temp, but they're raising your heartbeat-unnaturally. I can't actually believe someone would actually promote it!!!! Has this guy published books or is it just ebooks and blogs on the web?
Old 07-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
ok againnnnnnnnnnnnnnn with the freekin' nutella! What the hell is wrong with me uggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I am starting to hate myself!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

ok I think I started to soon! Ok well for you that don't know my situation I am in Egypt teaching english and my husband is in the U.S. We have been away from each other for a year and half and he stayed here with me last month and he just left monday. That's when I restarted stillman once he left! I think I am using food to feel good! I think I am just missing my hubby (who is my best friend) and that nutella just makes me feel good! Maybe now that I've faced it then I can stick to the plan. Who gere isn't an emotional eater I know I am!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
ok againnnnnnnnnnnnnnn with the freekin' nutella! What the hell is wrong with me uggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I am starting to hate myself!
Throw the Nutella in the trash---and then bring out the trash can!!!!! NOW!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
ok I think I started to soon! Ok well for you that don't know my situation I am in Egypt teaching english and my husband is in the U.S. We have been away from each other for a year and half and he stayed here with me last month and he just left monday. That's when I restarted stillman once he left! I think I am using food to feel good! I think I am just missing my hubby (who is my best friend) and that nutella just makes me feel good! Maybe now that I've faced it then I can stick to the plan. Who gere isn't an emotional eater I know I am!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
It's always loads of caffeine that's in weight loss pills. And that combined with working out hard would be a disaster for your heart. They say the raise your metabolism and body temp, but they're raising your heartbeat-unnaturally. I can't actually believe someone would actually promote it!!!! Has this guy published books or is it just ebooks and blogs on the web?
I've actually seen a lot of people promote ephedrine/ caffeine, some add aspirin too. It's really not just him, it seems pretty popular, i've never tried it. I'll look to see if I can find any actual studies.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Squirt some dish soap into the nutella jar, I feel for you... Nutella is a weak spot for me.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok so from what I can see on EC/ECA stacks, they are shown to help maintain muscle mass:

"Fourteen obese women were treated with a ~1000 kcal diet and either E + C (20mg E + 200mg C) or placebo three times per day for 8 weeks in a double-blind study. The total weight-lost was not different between groups, but the E + C group lost ~10 lbs. more body fat and ~6 pounds less fat-free mass. This is encouraging news for any bodybuilder. You must bear in mind, however, that these were obese women. Studies have shown that nutrient partitioning is determined in part by your % fat before you diet or before you over eat.15,16 Nevertheless, that is a tremendous effect on fat loss and muscle retention."
Pharmacological Approaches to Fat Loss: Targeting Beta-Adrenergic Receptors

The sympathomimetic agent ephedrine has potent thermogenic and anti-obesity properties in rodents. The effect is markedly enhanced by caffeine, while caffeine given alone has no effect. This study was undertaken to find out if a similar weight reducing synergism between ephedrine and caffeine is present in obese patients. In a randomized, placebo-controlled, double blind study, 180 obese patients were treated by diet (4.2 MJ/day) and either an ephedrine/caffeine combination (20mg/200mg), ephedrine (20 mg), caffeine (200 mg) or placebo three times a day for 24 weeks. Withdrawals were distributed equally in the four groups, and 141 patients completed the trial. Mean weight losses was significantly greater with the combination than with placebo from week 8 to week 24 (ephedrine/caffeine, 16.6 +/- 6.8 kg vs. placebo, 13.2 +/- 6.6 kg (mean +/- s.d.), P = 0.0015). Weight loss in both the ephedrine and the caffeine groups was similar to that of the placebo group. Side effects (tremor, insomnia and dizziness) were transient and after eight weeks of treatment they had reached placebo levels. Systolic and diastolic blood pressure fell similarly in all four groups. We conclude, that in analogy with animal studies, the ephedrine/caffeine combination is effective, while caffeine and ephedrine separately are ineffective for the treatment of human obesity.

The effect and safety of an ephedrine/caffeine com... [Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1992] - PubMed result

Anyways, I am of course not condoning or saying if I think an EC stack is good or not, I simply say that the research seems to say it is effective. I also think the heart attacks and heart risks that were from the weight loss supplements used ephedra and not ephedrine, I don't think there has been a study that has linked ephedrine to heart issues.

THAT SAID, I am not interested in being a guinea pig for it But I'm not discounting what Lyle says because of this as the science seems sound.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
Squirt some dish soap into the nutella jar, I feel for you... Nutella is a weak spot for me.
Mine too!! You should read some of my old posts when I was literally dreaming of the stuff!! I have nooooo control over it at alll!! No, I could get a spoon and eat away!!!!!
After chocolate it's my favourite thing ever!!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Interesting! The studies actually look good!!!
I always thought ephedra and ephidrine were the same. Either way, they're both banned here!
And I definitely will be staying away from the 'murky' world of bodybuilding!!
Old 07-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Maybe you can have Nutella for your free meal!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Maybe you can have Nutella for your free meal!!!
Don't get me wrong, I love Nutella, and if I'm in binge mode it's one of those things that happen... a previously full jar of Nutella mysteriously shows up empty But for me, it's not worth a cheat meal! My cheat meals this week were absolute crap, I will clean them up a bit. Last night I ate a nacho platter, but it was yum and today I'm right back on 100% protein with no impulses to "continue the binge" or whatever. This is huge for me! Usually one cheat leads to many more, so it's too early to call this a success as it's just week one, but I am VERY optimistic that being "allowed" to eat whatever it is that I'm craving once or twice a week may make the difference between controlled eating and being out of control. My 2 cheat meals are done for the week, I haven't felt deprived and I'm down for the week, so I'm calling it a success SO FAR. Monday will be my official 1 week point so I will see my stats then.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Quote:
I am definitely an emotional eater so I can totally relate. Best thing to do is get it out of your house for now, until you are emotionally ready. I do not bring things into my home that are trigger foods for me or they will get eaten at some point, lol! The important thing is you have identified what is causing you to eat off plan, so now you have to find another way to deal with it....shopping perhaps? It sure works for me,
Old 07-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
OMG. . my family is eating a big ole bag of lays cheddar and sour cream potato Chips. . .OMG> . I wanna dive into the bag. . but I won't . .I'm strong. . I can do this. .
Old 07-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Must keep typing. . must not gravitate toward bag laying slightly tipped on the couch. must continue to type and think onlyl typing thoughts. .

Egads. hubby is eating them. . . (snickering. .secretly. . I'm evil. . but he loses like 10 pounds to my 1. . MEN!!! humpf. .
Old 07-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Drink. . Drink. Drink. .
Old 07-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am strong. . look at me go. .
I'm in the zone. . must remember that!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:40 AM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Im2-----i was reading along to see how the story went...........hope it had a happy ending........!!!! With your willpower I'm sure it did!!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:41 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow is the thread quiet!! Hope you're all enjoying your holiday weekend!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning, GT!

Story ended well with children devouring bag and hubby dipping in. . I, on the other hand, continued to type away. . (working of course). .

Why, then. . I ask you, . .did my scale go up again??? So that makes 1 pound down in 7 days according to the stupid thing. . I seriously think I have a warped metabolism. OK . . enough rant. . I won't let it get me down.

I'll skip the scale in the morning. .
Old 07-03-2011, 08:15 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Im2-keep strong! I really feel for you.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eating chicken.. very well done, I might ad. . I counted on my oldest to get off grill while I was working. . lets just say. . it was on fire by the time he took it off. . No worries. . I just consider it extra flavoring. . makes chewing fun, either way!!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Extra calories spent chewing tough chicken
Old 07-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

@IM-Have you thought about investing in a new scale! I think your's is possessed! yep that's it.

I have been real good today but I won't weigh myself 'till tomorrow just to be on the safe side!

NO MORE NUTELLA IN THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK gotta go now ..... be back later....

HAPPY 4th EVERYONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrissym
Stats: 140/133/120...5'2"
WOE: 1st 5 lbs w/Stillman's rest Stillman's w/HCG
Start Date: July 4, 2011
Ugh. I am going to try this again.

I really did put everything in a bag this morning and it is outside now. I am giving it to a friend who is not so well off. I always give my going-on-a-diet groceries to her. At least she doesn't laugh at me. But it would be appropriate to laugh at me.

I am an emotional eater at times too, MOMTOC and Nermo. I am learning to seek peace instead of food. But I have definitely done the throw out or cover the food item with dish soap thing. LOL

Gettingthere, you inspire me so.

Julie, I used the stack too when I was body building and when I would need extra "amping up" for long runs (when I ran regularly). But I was uncomfortable with my heart madly pounding. I relate to what you said about one cheat leads to another. That is why I keep having to restart here. It is frustrating. So I have to just decide to NOT have a cheat meal.

I live by myself with 2 cats, so I am thankful I don't have to watch anybody eat chips. That would be tough. I feel for you but good job, IM2!!

I went to the Canada Day fireworks with friends on July 1 and took a few photos. Wow, the 15 pounds I gained since March are really showing now. I must get it together.
So, what has been stopping my success? It's just the first 3 days. i can eat nothing but low fat protein after that for weeks. But the 1st three days is so difficult. What helps people? You who have been successful with stillman's, what did you do to make it through the first 3 days? I'd love to hear it. It isn't the carbs I crave, it is the fats. That is the tough part for me. What do you do to help yourself with the fat cravings?

Plan for the day:
2 hours cleaning for exercise
7-8 med eggs (560-640 cals)
coffee
water

Have a wonderful day!

chrissym
Old 07-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Bye bye Nutella!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Chrissy-it is def a good idea to give he food to your neighbour! Good job! If it's not in the house ya can't eat it!!!
Yup the first 3days are the worse-induction flu, hunger etc.... A lot of people eat high fat the first couple of days. It feels more filling than just the protein. I think this will work well for you because it's fat your craving. I never crave fat-no, just tge carbs!!
Personally I find hitting the exercise hard the first few days works too, because you burn off all your stored carbs. So you get into ketosis fairly fast--then hello no hunger!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 07-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cyone
Stats: To hit 199 by 08/27/2012
WOE: 17 Day Diet Cycles 1-4
Start Date: August 2011
Does anyone do just meat and egg days?
Old 07-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyone View Post
Does anyone do just meat and egg days?
I think that's what a lot of us do.
It will get the weight of quickest!
I do it for as long as I can then add in a salad if I can't stick it anymore!

Nothing but meat or eggs have passed these lips for 2 weeks and I've no desire for anything else!!! ......not losing weight though!!
Closed Thread