Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hey Tanya, did you ever notice you are less hungry when excersizing? I mean as a whole not just during the activity.......since I started walking it just seems that food is a take it or leave it deal........

menu

1/2 c FF cottage cheese taste tested with my homemade BBQ sauce, no, it is not a good sub for Catalina dressing (which ROCKS over cottage cheese BTW)

1 pork rib, eaten with kitties rubbing against me...the little bastards, trying to fool me into thinking it's me they love

2 ground chik patties (homemade) total 8 oz

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I may have to ripoff Momto's marinade for some salmon........lime and light soy sauce, Splenda and ginger, no seeds or garlic.........too damn hot to cook anyway.......
Old 07-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #333
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Turning off light!
No factor means I had no sun cream on, no spf!!
P-Middey is what the magazines call Pippa Middelton!!!
Mitts off Harry P-Middey!!!...........pippa keep away from Harry!!
Nitey nite!!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #334
Big Yapper!!!!

I totally motice that about exercise!!! It kills your apetite! I read it should actually have the opposite effect!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"I alway like to keep my audience riveted..."

Old 07-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good night, my lovelies.................
Old 07-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh yes GT Pippa and Harry would be waaaaaaay too all in the family

nighty night
Old 07-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
So AkaGal, you usually have a few things to say over the course of several days concerning a problem you are having and I wanted to let you have your space to speak on these things...I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to share...Thanks for that...

Ok....You are maintaining..Great..That is what Stillman spoke of...To be able to eat basically on plan with a few exceptions of things that you enjoy without going over the 3lb max over your ideal weight...You are doing fine...Tiny steps lady...Remember it took time to lose the weight, it is gonna take some adjustments with your diet to maintain the weight lose...You are slowly getting the hang of it...Don't beat yourself up..Remember your body was able to tolerate far more carbs and fats than the average person here so be happy with your current condition We are certainly proud of you...

As for finding the suitable plan to follow...You know, I suggest a mixture of all of them..Dukan's/Atkin's/Paleo/Stillman's....A structured approach with variety to a point...When you go off the reservation, it is only for a minute amount of time and then your back...Try doing this approach...Everybody is different...Notice all the participants on this thread...We all KNOW the basic plan of Stillman's yet we modify it to fit OUR needs individually...You did that on strict Stillman's and got your results...Do this again, like you have been on maintenance...Don't be so down on yourself...You are amazing and did an amazing job...It is hard to find an incentive because you have met your goal...This is now maintenance...A time to enjoy your foods that you eat and not be so obsessed...Relax and enjoy, but remember where you came from and all of your accomplishments...

I reckon it is like preening yourself for your career..You go to school and study and work hard and then you walk across the stage get the diploma for your hard work...What is the next step? Finding a job to display and use the talents and tools from school...Ok so you have the job..Now what? You continue to study and get CE credits and improve and blah blah blah to make sure that you are on the cutting edge of your job and clean up little areas that are exposed and not working properly...You hone your skills for perfection and being the best...

Look at it in this manner...You have gotten to goal...Crossed the finish line and now you are ready to implement the skills and the tools that you have learned in the journey....Use those skills and practice and study about ways in which you can make YOU more efficient....You research quite often..Do the same here...Pretty soon it will be routine and you will not FEEL so anxious...We all feel it...I was in rare form earlier expressing my deeper coping skills...I rarely do that....Use the insite to help yourself....

Beautiful girl with a good heart and a good outlook on life...You will do well..Again I will reiterate....BABY STEPS....Learned behavior vs. Nurture in our case....You can do it and your girls will support you

Ok.....
Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Finally got ring tones on my phone-yipppppppeeeeeeeee!!!!!...... I know, it's the little things that make me happy!!! He!!
How? How? Please share?
Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gals! I am going to re-read all the posts tomorrow when I have more time. .but I just have to say. . You are one in a million and deserve a huge round of applause! gi
I've been doing some more soul searching! I am having such a difficult time and just don't feel like I am doing anyone any favors and I don't have any insight to offer right now. . I've stuck around because I've been trying to pick up some inspiration from you guys. . . I just can't seem to get it together..but I will. .Do not lose hope. .I'm gonna try the Points systems ala Low Carb for awhile(today was day one. and I was good)... . seriously. . when I do low carb, I have to admit. . I'm not as hungry but the deprivation drives me crazy. It is sooo difficut when 5 boys in the house eat what they want. . and if I dare taste something. . I fall off for days. . I can be strong. I can be strong. .(most days) . but every 5th day. . I fall of the wagon? and then it starts all over again.

Pat yourselves on the back for being strong. . You guys Rock!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hey Tanya, did you ever notice you are less hungry when excersizing? I mean as a whole not just during the activity.......since I started walking it just seems that food is a take it or leave it deal........

menu

1/2 c FF cottage cheese taste tested with my homemade BBQ sauce, no, it is not a good sub for Catalina dressing (which ROCKS over cottage cheese BTW)

1 pork rib, eaten with kitties rubbing against me...the little bastards, trying to fool me into thinking it's me they love

2 ground chik patties (homemade) total 8 oz
Hey CC

I wont say that exercise kills my appetite
it just makes me hungrier, it makes me more likely to eat right because i dont want to " undo" all my hard work, but thats it

Back in my triathlon days I ate a metric ton of food every day because I was always so hungry!

-T
Old 07-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
I do like not having to count calories. I am aware of the calories of the items I eat, but I am not adding them up in a food journal like I used to in my past.

I feel like each week I am getting smarter about my foodchoices.
Kind of like Psych said, its more routine. I dont think in my head , ok let me make sure to just eat this or that, its more automatic. Not 100% but its getting there.

I looked at Paleo and its kind of strange to me, I am not sure I want to go that route. I like the basics of Stillmans mixed in with some "off plan" foods here and there...each week I just keep trying.
My weight has not really changed so I would assume I am on the right track.

I was married June 4 and its been over a month, including a cruise, and my weight was 135.4 this morning. I feel like that ability to maintain even after my big events is over a small accomplishment but I will take it.
I look back on the previous times I lost weight for an event or for a vacay and I have gained back the weight within 30 to 45 days of the event or vacay.. This time I am beating that system.
I am not deprived or starving, I just have to be very very careful,

I think these boards are one of the major differences too. A built in support system
WE dont always see eye to eye on everything, and yeah we have our fights( and I know I can be one big B-word), but at the end of the day we are all working toward that common goal

I am not going to lie, I am still anxious and a little depressed this week, but I am gonna try to shake it. Day by Day

i have mentioned a few times on here that my side job is doing event works, tradeshows, product promotions.. I just was hired for a huge mega account for Gatorade's fitness products. I am very excited, the pay is ridiculous. One of my biggest accounts yet!They only want fit and active/healthy people so I think working on this account is going to help me stay surrounded by athletes and fitness buffs, so I can stay motivated and focused. How can I be a spokesmodel for Gatorade Pro Series, if I dont look like I really use the product and live a fit life.

-Tanya

Last edited by akagal20; 07-13-2011 at 09:16 AM..
Old 07-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Gals! I am going to re-read all the posts tomorrow when I have more time. .but I just have to say. . You are one in a million and deserve a huge round of applause! gi
I've been doing some more soul searching! I am having such a difficult time and just don't feel like I am doing anyone any favors and I don't have any insight to offer right now. . I've stuck around because I've been trying to pick up some inspiration from you guys. . . I just can't seem to get it together..but I will. .Do not lose hope. .I'm gonna try the Points systems ala Low Carb for awhile(today was day one. and I was good)... . seriously. . when I do low carb, I have to admit. . I'm not as hungry but the deprivation drives me crazy. It is sooo difficut when 5 boys in the house eat what they want. . and if I dare taste something. . I fall off for days. . I can be strong. I can be strong. .(most days) . but every 5th day. . I fall of the wagon? and then it starts all over again.

hey IM, any chance of converting the household to LC???????? Momto sez it can be done........
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hey CC

I wont say that exercise kills my appetite
it just makes me hungrier, it makes me more likely to eat right because i dont want to " undo" all my hard work, but thats it

Back in my triathlon days I ate a metric ton of food every day because I was always so hungry!

-T
okay, I see that's a no.... but I do remember the days when I was lifting and it was like, ok I was good let me at the food......
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I have mentioned a few times on here that my side job is doing event works, tradeshows, product promotions.. I just was hired for a huge mega account for Gatorade's fitness products. I am very excited, the pay is ridiculous. One of my biggest accounts yet!They only want fit and active/healthy people so I think working on this account is going to help me stay surrounded by athletes and fitness buffs, so I can stay motivated and focused. How can I be a spokesmodel for Gatorade Pro Series, if I dont look like I really use the product and live a fit life.

-Tanya
Oooooh T maybe they will like you enough for tv!!!!!!!!!!! Can you show up all Nikeeed out then change for the event so you catch their eye?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey gals. .

Day 3. . I'm still hanging in there.. I've tweaked it up a bit and am doing some very low type carbs (Veggies/Fruit).. Still thinking Hunter/Gatherer. . and I shall report how it works out. . The good new is. . I feel better already. . The deprivation was really doing me in and I'm sick of beating myself up for "wanting" a salad. . ya know? By allowing myself some of these items (very, very controlled). I think I have a better handle on it. My No Carb days were becoming too full of ground meat. . and chicken breast. (too many). . On the last day I ate my way through 3 breasts for breakfast.. pork loin and a bunch of other "meats". .i was grazing because I really wanted something else. .. so I have to trade quantity for quality. .

I think that's my ticket. I am always successful on one diet or another but can never go back and lose on them no matter how hard I try. When am I going to figure it out? . its all a lifestyle. not a quick fix!. I've lost on STillmans, Atkins, Weight Watchers. .Crazy Grapefruit/hot dog diet (who does that?). . . Shots, Shakes. you name it. .

Plus. . hubby isn't really eating the "healthy" meats (he's doing Atkins but "bending" the rules. . . . he's forever eating tons of sausage, hot dogs, cheese (by the pound) . lunch meat. . and justifies it by not eating carbs. . I actually think he's gaining. . . It's getting too expensive to keep feeding him and frustrating for me when he eats "all" the meat in the house. . I can cook 10 pounds of chicken and its gone before you know it. .

So. .that's my plan . .for now. . and I think I can live with it. I won't bore you with the details daily but I'll be cheering us all on!!

We can do this. . Skinny before the end of summer? OOOlalala. . we can snag the end of season sales and plan a winter get-away!!! Yay. .US!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay IM, you go girl!!!!!!!!!!

check this out, y'all..........slowly, LC is coming out of the closet.

A reversal on carbs - Los Angeles Times
Old 07-15-2011, 01:58 AM   #346
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi peeps! Mum surprised me with a visit on so yay!!! Wow the boards are quiet! I'd have thought I'd have missed pages!!
Im2-I used a ringtone maker app-one called ringtone converter-hahaaas comedy ringtones-free-I had tried everything-converting files, you name it-but the tune would never show uo on the phone's ringtone list-so this worked-and was really easy!!
Hi CC!!
Ok gotta go!!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Yay IM, you go girl!!!!!!!!!!

check this out, y'all..........slowly, LC is coming out of the closet.

A reversal on carbs - Los Angeles Times

Thanks, CC! I'm gonna print this off and post it on my fridge!!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lol, yep, we're catching on..........BF has read all of the labels on all his beer and is now demanding Mich Ultra lo carb...
Old 07-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gawd, this made the UKMail? 1.5 hours east of me...........even his uncle said he deserves death......

**** skinhead accused of starting fire that killed his mother, step-father and step-brother is charged after sparking amber alert in four states | Mail Online
Old 07-16-2011, 02:46 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

Hi Im2...I am the same...I was doing really well up until yesterday and then bam a hot chocolate fudge.:blush: I don't even have a sweet tooth so I'm not sure why I indulged really. I was feeling great yesterday morning too. Well I guess there is no point crying over spilt milk so I am back to it today...don't think I did too much damage despite messing up my mini goal. You can do it I'm, I know you can and as for not doing anyone any favours, you helped me heaps when I first found this site, don't be so hard on yourself.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:58 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps! Mum surprised me with a visit on so yay!!! Wow the boards are quiet! I'd have thought I'd have missed pages!!
Im2-I used a ringtone maker app-one called ringtone converter-hahaaas comedy ringtones-free-I had tried everything-converting files, you name it-but the tune would never show uo on the phone's ringtone list-so this worked-and was really easy!!
Hi CC!!
Ok gotta go!!
I know...I remember when if I missed a day it would take me half a day to catch up.

Last edited by makemeslim; 07-16-2011 at 03:11 AM..
Old 07-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahh. thanks, Makeme! I am struggling but not quite ready to give up on myself. I will keep in touch with everyone because you guys are great!! But, I just don't think I can do the zero carb thing . .I never saw great results like you guys did so I figured, I might as well do what I know I can lose on. .slow but sure. .

I'm pumped up either way! My family did the IHOP thing this morning. . (My boys have never been there and have been asking for 2 years to go. .). . I was dreading the entire trip but Hubby got up early and suggested it as a surprise. And, you know how I keep saying. .I miss too many moments in my life because of my stupid "diet" or feeling fat or having nothing to wear. . that I thought. . it really isn't fair to them if I don't go. . So I did. . and I did great! at least in my book. .ordered the egg beaters. turkey bacon and a few other unmentionables but kept it under 600 calories and counted every single bite! I felt pretty empowered leaving there . I enjoyed myself but didn't blowit. . .
I'm going light/no carbs for the rest of my day. .

Here's to a great Saturday, Peeps! Enjoy!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wowsers. Where is everyone? OK. .so I plan to stay on plan today. .

No weigh in until Monday. .
Old 07-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #354
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow it's quiet!!! Just saying hi peeps!! Yay that you're sticking to plan Im2!! I'm sticking mostly to plan -with a few BLTs!!!! Oh and I gotta stop chewing gum!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
Hi guys,
gonna try to do this for one month straight...

Todays menu is:
lean ham
hardboiled eggs
4oz of steak
4oz of chicken
some cucumbers in vinegar and a little flax oil

One onion grilled with the above

Getting there,
does this sound stillmans enough or too many carbs?
Old 07-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #356
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Frances! Do give Stills a month-you'll be amazed at the results!! The menu sounds fine, I think. I'm not sure of the fat content of the flax oil-Dunno but I think most oils are basically 100% fat, so really watch it-but if it's only a tiny bit it should be ok. Again onions are a little high in carbs-well higher than lettuce or cukes or something-but again if you're not eating much then it's fine. I think you're menu looks great-and tasty!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi babes..........whew, it's hot out there. Had to bring in hay for the boys. It was around 92 today.

GT my Dad's in Augsburg. He's sending tons of pics, the architecture is stunning!

Wedding dress size=take your normal size and double it. No wonder brides are stressed out all over! The tens fit great in the waist but the big boobs and shoulders the zipper said no way. Harrummph!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O and got a pair of seven jeans for crapping around the ranch for ten bux! They run a bit small!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT, do ye not have any big footed friends who would sell their French Soles? If I can't find them cheap I may have to get them for the wedding :wink: and put it on DD's tab
Old 07-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #360
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah it is totally amazing, isn't it!!! I think the town i live in is just soooo pretty!!!
Cc-r u getting married????? We need details!!!
Closed Thread