Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Maintenance Blues!

Hello everyone. I was just reading through pages of posts, I like to get the feel of the positive energy.

I have been in the biggest slump ever. I think its just a post-wedding blues type situation.
I was in a point where I had all this stuff going on with school, graduating, the wedding and now everything is just blah.

Maintenance is absolutely NO fun. Its working and I am glad, but I think I was more interested in the losing weight. I think there is more sense of accomplishment to that instead of just kind of staying the same.
I feel like my weight is going up because I am eating more, but generally my weight is still up and down the same two pounds..very boring

I notice two problems. 1. My appetite is coming back 100 fold and I want to eat all the time, I think this could come back to bite me if I dont reel that in. 2. I feel like I am starting to lose my sense of resolve and ability to stay focused.

This is a problem because when I am strict I am awesome, now that I dont tecnically have to be so strict, I feel myself reaching for bad foods more often than not. Its like all or nothing? My weight is ok for now but how soon until it starts to make that big spike upward? I am constantly on edge. This is really not making me happy. I hate to say this but I almost felt better on Stillmans.

Without the full time safety net of Stillmans plan, I feel like I am on a slippery slope. I am constantly full of anxiety and getting on the scale, worrying. I look in the mirror constantly after I eat something bad, as if to watch and see if I can notice an instant difference. I am keeping my measurement tape close at hand, so I can do a quick check at a moments notice. I am driving myself completely insane and there is nothing I can do about it except go back to 100% clean eating, but I cant do that forever.

This is the trap they warn us all about. I am living in that trap right now. NowI see what so many of you have been Stillmanites for ever. Its too hard. I am sorry everyone, I am really really struggling with this.
My temporary plan is to try to keep on Stillmans, and then get back on my exercise. I think my elimination of exercise has affected me negatively as far as my mental state.
Today will be my first day back in the gym in 3 weeks. Yikes. I never bothered with it because I have been able to keep my weight down without it, now I think I could use the energy boost plus the extra calorie burn will mentally help me feel like I am fit.
I look fit, but I am not really fit. I got a body fat test today and it seemed really high 22% and my BMI 20.8
Those are all right in the normal range, which is fine, but I felt like 22% seems like I am a big mass of fat?

This is going to be a tough week for me guys

-Tanya
Hi Tanya...sorry you are feeling down. I still have a way to go with regards to reaching goal but when I do go off plan I never seem to gain much back. I think its because when I am off plan, although I indulge in carby things, the majority of my diet is South Beach friendly. Its not cool that you feel so down when you have worked so hard to look great...and you do look great! Are you sure the Stillman's maintenance plan is the right plan for you? Also, did you reintroduce your carbs slowly? I read somewhere on here that that is suppose to help with maintenance. Hope you don't mind me jumping in...just wanted to help. I have to say though, I am quite looking forward to maintenance...that is if I ever get there.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi Tanya...sorry you are feeling down. I still have a way to go with regards to reaching goal but when I do go off plan I never seem to gain much back. I think its because when I am off plan, although I indulge in carby things, the majority of my diet is South Beach friendly. Its not cool that you feel so down when you have worked so hard to look great...and you do look great! Are you sure the Stillman's maintenance plan is the right plan for you? Also, did you reintroduce your carbs slowly? I read somewhere on here that that is suppose to help with maintenance. Hope you don't mind me jumping in...just wanted to help. I have to say though, I am quite looking forward to maintenance...that is if I ever get there.
MMS-

Hey, I am so glad you jumped in. Very rarely am I the one on here in distress, so I am glad for helping hands
I actually have probably eaten more carbs than most people on these boards, and fortunately my body tolerates them rather well.
I have been eating carbs again for about 4 weeks. I do keep it to a minimum but I do eat carbs, far more than what Stillman would allow. My fat is still low though.
I think the stay slim plan is working for me, although I have only just started maintenance so I am going to be flexible and open to other plans. For example the Paleo plan... I am in research mode right now..trying to find the right plan.
The stay slim plan has actually been working for me, I am just letting my mindset and my appetite get the best of me... its like a drug addict going through withdrawals... I am out of the Stillman safety net and it scares me a bit.
I have done well so far, and I am shocked that I havent ballooned up considering the amount of carbs I Allow myself to eat.
I think that keeping low carb lifestyle is going to be best for me plus i am going to get back into my old workout routine... I will be ok MMS, I just need to take this one day at a time.

-Tanya
Old 07-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MMS-

Hey, I am so glad you jumped in. Very rarely am I the one on here in distress, so I am glad for helping hands
I actually have probably eaten more carbs than most people on these boards, and fortunately my body tolerates them rather well.
I have been eating carbs again for about 4 weeks. I do keep it to a minimum but I do eat carbs, far more than what Stillman would allow. My fat is still low though.
I think the stay slim plan is working for me, although I have only just started maintenance so I am going to be flexible and open to other plans. For example the Paleo plan... I am in research mode right now..trying to find the right plan.
The stay slim plan has actually been working for me, I am just letting my mindset and my appetite get the best of me... its like a drug addict going through withdrawals... I am out of the Stillman safety net and it scares me a bit.
I have done well so far, and I am shocked that I havent ballooned up considering the amount of carbs I Allow myself to eat.
I think that keeping low carb lifestyle is going to be best for me plus i am going to get back into my old workout routine... I will be ok MMS, I just need to take this one day at a time.

-Tanya
Got the picture... I too will stay low carb when I hit maintenance. I hate the bloated feeling I get from eating carbs. They actually make me feel bigger than I am if you know what I mean. I have heard of Paleo but don't know much about it...let us know your findings. I totally get the Stillman's security net thing but you are on the ball so like you said you will be Ok and very soon, probably won't even need to think much about maintenance as it becomes a way of life. Well done Tanya, can't wait to join ya!

Last edited by makemeslim; 07-12-2011 at 10:48 AM..
Old 07-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #304
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Psych-my coping mechanism is to totally ignore and deny the problem. I'm one who wouldn't open a credit card statement if I thought it was gonna be bad!!!
I never thought of food etc in terms of a compulsion or anything. I totally get it in terms of addiction and obsession though. I think once you have even a slightly addictive personality then things can become a problem. I think I do-I think it probably comes with being a perfectionist. I don't think I was really addicted to food-yeah I know at 250lbs I must have eaten enough of it!! LOL!! But I think it was more-I couldn't be the perfect weight anymore,I was never gonna be the thinnest etc...so I kinda gave up!! It's not like I wanted to excel in gaining weight or anything--though let's face it, I did do rather well at it!! Oh Gawd!!!
I get why you like the jogging-I love the control of exercise! But I do think it's slightly obsessive-as you say a way to keep in control and cope-to keep on the straight and narrow!!
Dieting with obsessional behaviour patterns is one dangerous thing though. You know the German word for anorexia is Magersucht. Mager means thin and Sucht is an addiction--so literally addicted to being thin!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 07-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #305
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
wow Psych, so deep about coping. Funny, I laid off walk jogging when mum was here and just got back to it last week. It makes me feel emppowered and cleansed. Does that make sense? Endorphins?
?
Totally!!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #306
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I wonder if you can get elderflower tea? Will have to look in to it...
Don't mess with my black tea!!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #307
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
One day at a time MMS.....1 lb is better than where you were the other day...If you lost 1 lb every second day, where would you be in a month? Think about that....
Ooooooh 15lbs lighter--even I can do that math!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ooooooh 15lbs lighter--even I can do that math!!!
Hey GT

Were you the one who was suggesting Dukan for possible maintenance ?

-Tanya
Old 07-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Don't mess with my black tea!!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Quote:
Yeah I think working out again is going to be great
I will start with that and go from there.

You must be mistaken on the body fat % thing though, under 20% is considered super athlete level of fitness !

Here is one chart I read, so my range is normal to lean, not a big deal

Body Type - FEMALE

Athlete <17%
Lean 17-22%
Normal 22-25%
Above Average 25-29%
Overfat 29-35%
Obese 35+%
No, not mistaken, that is why I said anything under 20% is great for women because it is, that is what most "athletic" women/bodybuilders go for..... at least I think that is great! So I was saying that to say that at 22% you are definitely not even close to being a big blob of fat It was meant to be a compliment

I am aiming for super athlete status, might take me a few years, but I will get there. Done LOTS of research on bodybuilding, lean body mass, bodyfat percentages, protein needs, etc. I'm no expert, but pretty knowledgeable on the subject. DH and son are already working on the super athlete status. I have mucho family support which is what is helping me through this journey. In fact, we just went and picked up an Olympic bar/weights, kettlebells, a power tower, dumbbells and a few other things from a craigslister so we can get started on our crossfit workouts as a family. I don't know, I do think it is great for a woman to be under 20% bodyfat, doesn't mean you're not awesome if you are higher. Honestly if I can get under 30 I might shout hallelujah, LOL!! At 22% you are already miles ahead of most women, you have absolutely nothing to feel down about, you are pretty much awesome!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Trying a Caribbean Chicken recipe for dinner tonight

2 Chicken Breast or you can use Tenderloins
Grated rind and juice of lime(s)
Crushed garlic (the more the better)

Marinate meat in lime & garlic while combining seasoning, or add olive oil and leave overnight (best to marinate overnight)

Seasoning:
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
1/2 tsp sea salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 tbsp sesame seeds

Coat marinated meat in combined seasoning. Heat a large skillet and spray with cooking spray.
Fry meat 3-5 minutes, until it starts to crisp, then flip and cook other side.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
So I went to the movies today to see 'Tree of Life'...I couldn't get through it..After 35 minutes I had to leave..It was like watching a story and then that movie 'Earth'...I couldn't take it...I share this just to make you all aware of spending your hard earned money on nonsense....Don't believe The Cannes Film Festival regarding that movie....I certainly like abstract and deeply provacative movies, but if I wanted to go to IMAX and look at volcanoes and the earth as it forms and a plethora of other geological things I would have went...I just wasted 8 bucks...On the other hand, 'Horrible Bosses' was hysterical...I went to see it with my sister and cousin last weekend...Now you all should check that movie out...

I said before that I have an addictive trait when it comes to this..We all have our idiosycracies...I know...How can a Psychiatrist have problems? Trust me, I keep all nuances hidden...You'd be surprised how well we 'hide' our 'things'....

And GT, I didn't take offense to anything you said before..You will notice that I observe more than speak..I really believe that we have 1 mouth and 2 ears for a reason.....
Old 07-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
CC its an elderflower sugar free drink made with Splenda and spring water.
elderflower Crystal Light! Must find out what the flower tastes like.......
Quote:
I had fresh salmon but I love tin salmon too! Going to get some in. I like it with vinegar and black pepper.
O must try this, thank you!
Quote:
One day at a time MMS.....1 lb is better than where you were the other day...If you lost 1 lb every second day, where would you be in a month? Think about that....
O man I would so take that
Old 07-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmmmmmm, dunno, Tanya. Sorry to see you struggling.

Psych, any words?

Momto may be onto something, lack of endorphins from working out?

Maybe keeping a food diary will make you feel more in control?
Old 07-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
My kids and DH actually follow a low carb lifestyle as well. I transitioned them over gradually and then pretty much told them you either eat what I cook or you don't eat, lol!! JK! But I did find ways to recreate their favorite foods in a low carb way. Since they are not trying to lose weight it was actually very easy. Now they love the way they eat! The only grain they still eat occasionally is popcorn and I let them have that treat and hubby and son have oatmeal for breakfast because they lift weights regularly. Other than that no grains. They do have fun days once a month where they can eat whatever they want. I figure they are still miles ahead of most kids.
Wow, that is so awesome! And one thing i didn't really understand, why some LCers knowing the health benefits of these types of diets let their kids eat abnormally........not judgin', just sayin'....

And I'll bet a lot less sick days for your kids, too.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Psych-my coping mechanism is to totally ignore and deny the problem. I'm one who wouldn't open a credit card statement if I thought it was gonna be bad!!!
I never thought of food etc in terms of a compulsion or anything. I totally get it in terms of addiction and obsession though. I think once you have even a slightly addictive personality then things can become a problem. I think I do-I think it probably comes with being a perfectionist. I don't think I was really addicted to food-yeah I know at 250lbs I must have eaten enough of it!! LOL!! But I think it was more-I couldn't be the perfect weight anymore,I was never gonna be the thinnest etc...so I kinda gave up!! It's not like I wanted to excel in gaining weight or anything--though let's face it, I did do rather well at it!! Oh Gawd!!!
I get why you like the jogging-I love the control of exercise! But I do think it's slightly obsessive-as you say a way to keep in control and cope-to keep on the straight and narrow!!
Dieting with obsessional behaviour patterns is one dangerous thing though. You know the German word for anorexia is Magersucht. Mager means thin and Sucht is an addiction--so literally addicted to being thin!!!
O count me in that club, I want to be addicted to thin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Trying a Caribbean Chicken recipe for dinner tonight

2 Chicken Breast or you can use Tenderloins
Grated rind and juice of lime(s)
Crushed garlic (the more the better)

Marinate meat in lime & garlic while combining seasoning, or add olive oil and leave overnight (best to marinate overnight)

Seasoning:
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
1/2 tsp sea salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 tbsp sesame seeds

Coat marinated meat in combined seasoning. Heat a large skillet and spray with cooking spray.
Fry meat 3-5 minutes, until it starts to crisp, then flip and cook other side.
On the other hand, if I knew where she lived I would be robbing her fridge right now.
Quote:
So I went to the movies today to see 'Tree of Life'...I couldn't get through it..After 35 minutes I had to leave..It was like watching a story and then that movie 'Earth'...I couldn't take it...I share this just to make you all aware of spending your hard earned money on nonsense....Don't believe The Cannes Film Festival regarding that movie....I certainly like abstract and deeply provacative movies, but if I wanted to go to IMAX and look at volcanoes and the earth as it forms and a plethora of other geological things I would have went...I just wasted 8 bucks...On the other hand, 'Horrible Bosses' was hysterical...I went to see it with my sister and cousin last weekend...Now you all should check that movie out...

I said before that I have an addictive trait when it comes to this..We all have our idiosycracies...I know...How can a Psychiatrist have problems? Trust me, I keep all nuances hidden...You'd be surprised how well we 'hide' our 'things'....

And GT, I didn't take offense to anything you said before..You will notice that I observe more than speak..I really believe that we have 1 mouth and 2 ears for a reason.....
Psych I'm too cheap to go to movies, too busy pissing it away on shoes. but thanks for the review!

We all have problems, we're human. Cops steal, nuns lust, girls with big butts buy shoes......

Learning to love yourself can keep those 'imperfections' at bay and even heal them.

But I'm not going to stop buying shoes when I have GT's arse, no way Jose'

O good BF went up to the barn, time to sneak up the new Coaches from the pile of boxes they are hiding in to my closet........

Old 07-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #317
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hey GT

Were you the one who was suggesting Dukan for possible maintenance ?

-Tanya
Tanya-I think you're doing great in maintenance! Stills Stay Slim is basically just calorie counting.
Yeah I like Dukan-he's more into keeping it low fat and low carb, introducing things slowly and having a treat meal once a week then twice a week-kinda like a pre-maintenance!! But that's kind of what you're doing anyway at the moment-mostly Stills with treats! I think it's great you can eat what you said you were eating and not gain anything-no weight, no inches!! I deffy would have ballooned!!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #318
Big Yapper!!!!

Oooh I want super lean bodyfat too!! nice and hard and tight!! There's a girl on the threads that has 9%-she does a lot of weight training!! She looks great!!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #319
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Ouchie!!! I think that was a hint to 'shut up GT'!!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #320
Big Yapper!!!!

Oooh dig the 'Ireland' wegdes!!! I looooooove wedges-all of the height, all of the comfort!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #321
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
O count me in that club, I want to be addicted to thin!

Oh you're so bad!!! ya know the word for obese is Fettsucht---addicted to being fat!!! Yeah, I might've been obese but yikes who's actually addicted to that!!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
yeah, but doc, I have a really big mouth, I could get both my ears in there easily..........I'm more of a shoot first, ask questions later type of gal...
Old 07-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ouchie!!! I think that was a hint to 'shut up GT'!!!!
nope!
Quote:
Oooh dig the 'Ireland' wegdes!!! I looooooove wedges-all of the height, all of the comfort!!!
and you didn't even make the connection to Kate's black ones.... O I love all things HRH......I wonder what she thought of us, not that she met any real people here......Giada was so cute, cooking for them, she strikes me as real...I wish Chelsey would get serious about her law degree......Pippa's taken the limelight off her for the moment.....lightning strike the man who told Charles to convert the Aston to E85, ethanol kills combustion engines
Quote:
Oh, you're so bad!!! ya know the word for obese is Fettsucht---addicted to being fat!!! Yeah, I might've been obese but yikes who's actually addicted to that!!!!
i still maintain that overweight is a product of mainstream nutritional education and the many conspiracies out there, i.e. the Fiber Menace.....it wasn't my fault, I swear! And it's not theirs, either! Ooooooooooooooo it makes me wanna scream!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

IM IM Al Al Marco.............
Old 07-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
yeah, but doc, I have a really big mouth, I could get both my ears in there easily..........I'm more of a shoot first, ask questions later type of gal...
Old 07-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #326
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh I know Kate's black ones!! Copies everywhere here!!
Who's Giada??
I think Chelsea looks tarty!! P Middey would be much nicer for Harry!!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #327
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm lying in bed in great pain!! I had lunch outside yesterday with no factor(i know, stupid) and I got my back scalded!! It's really really sore!! I hate getting sunburned. And even when it eventually goes there's gonna be 2 white straps marks down the middle. Aaaagh!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh I know Kate's black ones!! Copies everywhere here!!
Who's Giada??
I think Chelsea looks tarty!! P Middey would be much nicer for Harry!!
Jun 17, 2011 – Celebrity chef, Giada de Laurentiis, says in an interview on TODAY.com that ... excited” to cook for royal newly-weds, Prince William and Kate.

Chelsey mostly looks hungover, she's a doll but the camera hates her......

P. Middey, is that the lingerie tart he's supposedly seeing now with the crazy fam?
Quote:
I'm lying in bed in great pain!! I had lunch outside yesterday with no factor(i know, stupid) and I got my back scalded!! It's really really sore!! I hate getting sunburned. And even when it eventually goes there's gonna be 2 white straps marks down the middle. Aaaagh!!!
Oh, honey, a bath with vinegar or baking soda, or a dilution of either in water gently applied will neutralize the burn.....

When I was a kid in Miami we would skip class and take the city bus out to what is now South Beach and I would come home roasted. Lobster red.
I remember mom chasing me round with raw aloe leaves and cold baths with baking soda or vinegar......bless you mum!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

with no factor.........what does that mean????????
Old 07-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

momto is dinner ready? must try that soon! Enjoy!
Closed Thread