Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #271
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Psych-your hardcore resolve really and truly amazes me! It's not only that you don't indulge, it's the fact you never want to-----well I know CC has no desire either but with her it seems different, like it's really for health, like she truly gets it and believes in it--- maybe it's the fact you challenge yourself that amazes me more, that it's like a game-to see how much you can push it!! I don't ever do that. I don't think I could. Don't get me wrong, I rarely cheat(not that it does me much good weight or inch wise-lol) but it's not because I don't want to--I do--I just want to be thin more. And so that alone stops me! I suppose what I'm thinking is that I use aversion tactics!!! It's the compleye opposite to what you do. I hope both ways can be successfull-but I'm thinking maybe only one (yours) can be!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
trust me GT it's a side effect of the diet. Yeah, I had the light bulb moment about LC is a natural human diet that makes sense. Which in itself is paleo and good for you anyway. And I'm not so sure about the hi prot can damage/stress out organs, either. More propaganda from the holy grainers.

what a great teacher you are......I was motivated to do some more research........check this out.....wow wow wow

the Fiber Menace: The Truth About the Leading Role of Fiber in Diet Failure, Constipation, Hemorrhoids, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn's Disease, and Colon Cancer.
by KONSTANTIN MONASTYRSKY

You probably believe fiber prevents colon and breast cancer, lowers cholesterol, reduces the risk of heart disease, regulates blood sugar, wards off diabetes, curbs the appetite, induces weight loss, cleanses the colon, arrests diarrhea, and unplugs constipation. Tragically, none of this is true!

In fact, fiber-rich foods and fiber supplements are either the primary cause of most of these conditions, or major contributors.

You might be surprised to find out that the original intent behind fiber consumption wasn’t the betterment of your health, but the suppression of sexuality!

That's why just a generation ago, avoiding fiber was the quintessence of prudent nutrition. Caring parents everywhere, American and European alike, were earnestly peeling fruits (apples, peaches, pears, prunes) and skinning vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, potatoes) before giving them to children or eating them themselves.

The French and Italians still do it. And the Japanese diet is practically fiber-free. Americans, on the other hand, are urged to consume 30 to 40 grams of dietary fiber daily, regardless of their age and health.

Many heed this advice (some with a vengeance), assuming there can’t be too much of a good thing. The outcome is predictable: a pandemic of digestive disorders, diabetes, heart disease, cancers, and obesity. These problems are worse in the United States than in any other Western country.

All this seems hard to believe until you actually begin examining the role of fiber in human nutrition, Thus, the point of Fiber Menace isn't telling you what to eat, but what not to eat and why. Here is a chapter-by-chapter summary of what's under the cover:

Part I. Truth, More Truth, and Diet Failure

Chapter 1, Fiber Carnage describes the role fiber plays in both nutrition and disease, in layman’s terms. It concludes that fiber is an addictive substance, meaning that after you begin consuming fiber specifically for its “health benefits,” you’ll need more and more fiber with every passing year to get, literally, the same “kick in the ass.” If you abuse any organ too long and too hard, it eventually breaks down.

Chapter 2, Water Damage explains why the widespread popularity of fiber brought with it another menace: increased consumption of water. Not because more water is actually needed, but because the advice to “eat more fiber” invariably accompanies the advice to “drink more water.” Water is every bit as addictive as fiber, but for a different reason—the more you drink, the more you urinate, the more you urinate, the more water you need to replace it. Unfortunately, you don’t urinate just water. Urine washes out minerals that are crucial for health, especially potassium. Potassium deficiency happens to be one of the primary causes of costiveness (hard stools) and constipation (irregular stools). When that situation arises, you’ll be advised to increase fiber and water consumption. Imagine what happens next.

Chapter 3, Atkins Goes to South Beach illustrates the connections between fiber and obesity, and fiber and diet failure—two of the most pressing public health problems of our generation. The Public health authorities’ incessant urging that we consume more natural fiber in the form of bread, pasta, cereals, fruits, and vegetables is precipitating an obesity epidemic, because fiber-rich foods contain ten to twenty times as much carbohydrate as they do fiber (5% to 10%). Unfortunately, by the time you’re ready to jump on the low-carb bandwagon, dropping carbs cold turkey doesn’t work, because your colon is already dependent on fiber to move your bowels. If you throw the shortcomings of the Atkins and South Beach diets into this mix, you end up with diet failure. If you didn’t get major anorectal damage from the “hard landing,” consider yourself lucky.

Forensic nutrition is deeply grounded in an existing well-established, undisputed, and well-settled body of science in human anatomy, physiology, biology, anthropology, and medical biochemistry — collectively, fundamental science. This approach precludes personal biases, which are typical for most medical writers. Hence its answers are exacting and specific:

If soluble fiber causes diarrhea, then exclude foods rich in soluble fiber instead of wiping out intestinal bacteria with antibiotics just because the bacterial fermentation of excess fiber produces diarrhea-causing substances.

If insoluble fiber causes large stools, large stools cause straining, straining causes hemorrhoidal disease, and hemorrhoidal disease causes constipation, then exclude fiber instead of enlarging (bulking up) stools even more in order to overcome constipation.

If overhydration causes hypercalcinuria (calcium loss with urine), and hypercalcinuria causes kidney stones, then consume fluids in moderation instead of drinking even more water to ‘wash’ out the said calcium, and ending up with debilitating osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, and osteomalacia on top of kidney stones.

If a low-fat diet causes gallstones, then consume fat in moderation to facilitate a timely and regular release of bile from the gallbladder instead of losing your gallbladder to a surgeon’s knife.

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-11-2011 at 05:08 PM..
Old 07-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FiberMenace: About the book
Old 07-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Author's note:

As you can see, fiber's toll on our health is huge. On a purely statistical level, fiber causes more harm and death than tobacco, alcohol, and illicit drugs combined.

Not surprisingly, just as in the case of the tobacco industry, those who benefit most from peddling fiber will keep squeezing every penny of profit out of it for as long as they can weasel their way around the truth.

And why not? Baking cereals from cattle chow (bran), or making laxatives from chicken feed (psyllium) is as profitable as minting money. No, probably more profitable!

Another aspect of this tragedy is even scarier. Just as tobacco keeps a substantial slice of the medical industry gainfully employed, patching up fiber's shenanigans makes it rich. So why stop the windfall?

Fortunately, there is hope. This is an institutional problem, not a professional one. The absolute majority of honest, hard-working, and honorable doctors, nurses, pharmacists, nutritionists, and dietitians are as victimized by fiber-related deception as their patients.

So while I am critical of many aspects of medicine, it doesn't imply that I am critical of medical professionals wholesale. Just like you can't blame a soldier for carrying out his generals' orders, you can't blame individual doctors for abiding by established guidelines.

in a word.......holy crap...............apparently crap is not king in the natural human diet.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bulls' S..t in the China Shop

Bulls feast on grass and hay — as fibrous a diet as it gets. Not surprisingly, bulls’ droppings are large, and somewhat similar to the fiber-laden stools of humans. This 'in-your-face' title is wordplay on three concurrent ironies — health-conscious Americans falling for popular 'bull' about fiber, eating a bull-like diet, and suffering from bull-like stools, — the 'genesis' of practically all colorectal disorders.

This section also identifies fiber as the key driving force behind the epidemics of autism, juvenile diabetes, and the omnipresent PMS.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chapter 1. Constipation Unplugged (Restoring Natural Bowel Movements and Normalizing Stools)
Dietary fiber, eight glasses of water, and a low-fat diet — the sacred cows of American nutritional dogma — break natural bowel movements, and cause hard stools, irregularity, constipation, or constipation-predominant IBS. When patients seek medical help, they are routinely recommended to add more fiber, drink more water, and reduce fat even further.

This misguided and harmful advice guarantees hemorrhoids and diverticulosis to virtually anyone, and it is behind the epidemics of inflammatory bowel disease and colon cancer.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Thanks CC, that is some interesting info. I am just gonna eat meat, veggies and some fruit since that is all that was here on earth before modern man took over and started making all the rules!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG momto, you saw the light!!!!!!!!!! :amen:

I swear, when you get it, you really get it. No grain for life.

Yeah, okay, we all want that toast and buttah now and then but I think ya got it...........it's not natural! Thant's why LC and Stills works, cause we're back to the cavegirl plan.

Now, about the young ones in our lives.......the info on ADHD, autism and the like would make any mom want to burn the pantry.....but how to make the change?

and seriously, the comments on autism, like what's the first thing a baby gets after mommy milk........
baby cereal

scary eh?
Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ok kids I've been on the fone with customer support since I thought that resetting the modem would be a good idea..................not, since I have a static IP

what a duma$$.....live and learn!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm beat gals CYA and good night
Old 07-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Psych-your hardcore resolve really and truly amazes me! It's not only that you don't indulge, it's the fact you never want to-----well I know CC has no desire either but with her it seems different, like it's really for health, like she truly gets it and believes in it--- maybe it's the fact you challenge yourself that amazes me more, that it's like a game-to see how much you can push it!! I don't ever do that. I don't think I could. Don't get me wrong, I rarely cheat(not that it does me much good weight or inch wise-lol) but it's not because I don't want to--I do--I just want to be thin more. And so that alone stops me! I suppose what I'm thinking is that I use aversion tactics!!! It's the compleye opposite to what you do. I hope both ways can be successfull-but I'm thinking maybe only one (yours) can be!!
I've always challenged myself with different things in this manner..I think it just the way of my life...I use to smoke after going to France for a semester abroad in college..A few years ago in Medical School I quit because of Pathology...I then proceeded to hang around smokers to test my resolve...It was therapeutic for me....I tend to be repetitious until I exhaust myself with bordom...Desensitization therapy...Don't get me wrong...At first it is hard, but once you go into a bread shop (my favorite) and smell the delicious morsels of goodness coming out of the ovens, you 'taste' through your sense of smell....I imagine lathering whole sweet butter on each morsel of goodness and that is enough of a 'treat' to myself...Bread is something I think I will never get over...I mean, I went to France and the world of bread as I know it changed...Yes I ate different breads in the states, but going overseas opened up a whole new palate that is insatiable in someways...I crave these foods that should only be prepared by the people who know them best..The villagers, the people of certain cultures whose recipes are by mouth or through memory or just because they know how to make it real....Bread is by far my favorite thing to eat (chips are right there as well as cheese)...I had to get that that vexing focus off bread in my life...I needed to go to the source and stay at the source for snippets of time to desensitize myself...Ingera,Naan, all varieties of Italian Bread, French breads, Rustic New World Breads, Dark Rye Jewish Bread..All these breads have gotten me into trouble one way or another...My obsession isn't 'cured' but managed...I haven't touched it in sometime and I cannot consume any form of it...My weakness still captures me with it which is why I spend so much time still around it but not touching it...Hopefully, the cravings will cease one day and it will be tossed into the pile of waste that other foods have done in my life...But the obsession is still there GT which is why I still must challenge myself...
Old 07-12-2011, 12:32 AM   #282
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh CC-i get it, you know I do!! I just meant that I found Pysch's 'challenges' strange!! ( not really Pysch but you know what I mean!) i think it's more that I think it comes totally naturally to you-that you never 'test' it.
My thinking wasn't about the WOE-it was more to do with the control of dieting and food and how peoples' ways of coping are different!! It was that maybe I think you have no food 'issues'. I do-let's face it!!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:57 AM   #283
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow Pysch!!! Ok no.1--I love french breads as much as the next--but I honestly don't think I have heard anybody speak about it so lovingly--ever!!! I'm seriously not laughing at you I promise! Actually eating bread in France really put me off other bread at home-I realised how bland and synthetic bread can be!!! So I get the bread thing!! A warm Pain au choc would be my fav-well obviously!! In Germany I do like a really daek Pumpernickel too-though I find it really 'heavy'.
I think it's really sad that food addiction exists, I mean, it is that you can't indulge in something you love-I mean, It should be something good and pleasurable. I'm the same,not with bread, but chocolate etc. I suppose unfortunately it has to be treated like a drug addiction. I know I can't really indulge in chocolate anymore-one because I would want more of it, and two because losing that control scares the hell out of me and 3 -and maybe more importantly-even if I do eat it, it actually has no pleasure anymore, it just is filled with guilt and loathing that I've given in to temptation and have been weak. I literally loathe myself. I've thought that must be the way that alcoholics feel!!! I find though that more and more foods seem to scare me-as in I feel if I eat X then I'll eat Y etc and it will just continue in a downward spiral.
I've never really ' challenged' myself in life, let's say, like you do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not lazy or apathetic or anything. If I decide to do something, then I do it and do it well-or at least as well as I can. But then I've always only done things that I know I can do well in!! I'm a perfectionist through and through-and that's def not always a good thing!!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:59 AM   #284
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok the typing is pathetic!! On iPhone--and boy is it hard work to txpe on it!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:22 AM   #285
Big Yapper!!!!

Finally got ring tones on my phone-yipppppppeeeeeeeee!!!!!...... I know, it's the little things that make me happy!!! He!!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Yeah GT..My thing with bread is really serious and not for the faint hearted....I haven't touched it in over a year except during the December holiday's I had a square of my sister's homemade cranberry cornbread..One square (corner) was enough of a splurge to really try to put me over the edge, but it didn't...I ate it with nice soft rich sweet butter on each bite and is was delicious...Like the most pleasure in my mouth the whole year...At that time I had been maintaining at 160 for a few months until I decided to get to goal for my personal reasons...I can still 'taste' the cornbread at this moment typing about it...

Addiction is a powerful thing that many people don't realize how strong the obsession really is...Whether it be hard core drugs-cocaine,heroine,crack-or alcohol or exercise or washing yourself profusely, cigarettes, tv and our favorite on this thread FOOD...People usually have one go to food that satisfies the repetitive obsession until the compulsion takes over...The need to have euphoria from whatever that obsession is...To satiate...I think my jogging gets rid of some of the compulsive behaviors when it comes to bread...My resolve and determination is strong, but I'm not superwoman..I need an outlet to get it out...JOGGING is the remedy...I started jogging again after a three month lay off two weeks ago because of this obsession with bread...See, we all have a breaking point...I just focus the energy and deflect it elsewhere..We all have coping mechanisms..Some are healthy others are not and can be really destructive leading to a plethora of consequences...My coping mechanism has always been to surround myself with the culprit and deal cold turkey until the resolve has started to seep in..That is how I cope...At least it isn't destructive...Another is to go off the grid...My mother and sister and friends hate when I do that...I leave for months at a time...It is how I cope...Everyone has ways in which they deal with life...
Old 07-12-2011, 07:04 AM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL GT, you and that fone.....

dunno about me and food, as long as I can remember it was a roast beef sandwich over cake any day......it just took me too long to find the cavegirl within. Things you thought you loved taste different, at least to me. After one or two bites it's blech.

food isn't the challenge, water is

when my mom lost her second husband she moved back to Miami and proceeded to drown her sorrows in chianti and Cuban bread.
Boom! from an 8 to a 14 in no time. And she was a rail all her life.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:07 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow Psych, so deep about coping. Funny, I laid off walk jogging when mum was here and just got back to it last week. It makes me feel emppowered and cleansed. Does that make sense? Endorphins?

Will check in between cleaning. T-F I have the days to myself so I am a hurricane of housekeeping. Speaking of which........

IM how's life with no kids?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Well Good Morning Ladies ,

I'm very chipper this morning and I hope you all are as well..

Time for a great start to the week everyone...I had a great jog this morning and my patient load is unusually low this morning so I get to talk to you fabulous women...

Mar...YAY! You got back down, now continue forward..We support you and I hope the dogs are doing well...Now stay away from the Nutella

MMS, those jeans will come on with slack in no time
I hope so Psych...I have only lost a pound in two days. I'm sure things will get moving soon though.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

must find out what this is......

love the control! no hunger/carb coma lets you do just that. One of the best things of Stills/Paleo..........

Gr8 day to all!
CC its an elderflower sugar free drink made with Splenda and spring water.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
and yuuuummmmyyy salmon!!! Could eat tins of it!!! You can't get it in Germany though. Counting the days til I can have it!! When I started Stills I think I had a tin every single day!!!!!!!
Double post...

Last edited by makemeslim; 07-12-2011 at 07:35 AM..
Old 07-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
and yuuuummmmyyy salmon!!! Could eat tins of it!!! You can't get it in Germany though. Counting the days til I can have it!! When I started Stills I think I had a tin every single day!!!!!!!
I had fresh salmon but I love tin salmon too! Going to get some in. I like it with vinegar and black pepper.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Dunno what it is eithet!!! I'm thinking it's not candy tho!!! Tea??????
I wonder if you can get elderflower tea? Will have to look in to it...
Old 07-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

One day at a time MMS.....1 lb is better than where you were the other day...If you lost 1 lb every second day, where would you be in a month? Think about that....
Old 07-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Maintenance Blues!

Hello everyone. I was just reading through pages of posts, I like to get the feel of the positive energy.

I have been in the biggest slump ever. I think its just a post-wedding blues type situation.
I was in a point where I had all this stuff going on with school, graduating, the wedding and now everything is just blah.

Maintenance is absolutely NO fun. Its working and I am glad, but I think I was more interested in the losing weight. I think there is more sense of accomplishment to that instead of just kind of staying the same.
I feel like my weight is going up because I am eating more, but generally my weight is still up and down the same two pounds..very boring

I notice two problems. 1. My appetite is coming back 100 fold and I want to eat all the time, I think this could come back to bite me if I dont reel that in. 2. I feel like I am starting to lose my sense of resolve and ability to stay focused.

This is a problem because when I am strict I am awesome, now that I dont tecnically have to be so strict, I feel myself reaching for bad foods more often than not. Its like all or nothing? My weight is ok for now but how soon until it starts to make that big spike upward? I am constantly on edge. This is really not making me happy. I hate to say this but I almost felt better on Stillmans.

Without the full time safety net of Stillmans plan, I feel like I am on a slippery slope. I am constantly full of anxiety and getting on the scale, worrying. I look in the mirror constantly after I eat something bad, as if to watch and see if I can notice an instant difference. I am keeping my measurement tape close at hand, so I can do a quick check at a moments notice. I am driving myself completely insane and there is nothing I can do about it except go back to 100% clean eating, but I cant do that forever.

This is the trap they warn us all about. I am living in that trap right now. NowI see what so many of you have been Stillmanites for ever. Its too hard. I am sorry everyone, I am really really struggling with this.
My temporary plan is to try to keep on Stillmans, and then get back on my exercise. I think my elimination of exercise has affected me negatively as far as my mental state.
Today will be my first day back in the gym in 3 weeks. Yikes. I never bothered with it because I have been able to keep my weight down without it, now I think I could use the energy boost plus the extra calorie burn will mentally help me feel like I am fit.
I look fit, but I am not really fit. I got a body fat test today and it seemed really high 22% and my BMI 20.8
Those are all right in the normal range, which is fine, but I felt like 22% seems like I am a big mass of fat?

This is going to be a tough week for me guys

-Tanya
Old 07-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Tanya, anything less than 20% BF is great for women so you are far from a big mass of fat, lol!! But I definitely agree with you about getting back in the gym. I think working out regularly is the key to maintenance. Have you looked at the Paleo diet? It might be a good maintenance plan for you. It is very strict but you can eat and not have to really count calories, especially if you are working out. I plan to follow that plan at a ratio of 80/20 at maintenance ( I am not willing to completely give up cheese, lol)
Old 07-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG momto, you saw the light!!!!!!!!!! :amen:

I swear, when you get it, you really get it. No grain for life.

Yeah, okay, we all want that toast and buttah now and then but I think ya got it...........it's not natural! Thant's why LC and Stills works, cause we're back to the cavegirl plan.

Now, about the young ones in our lives.......the info on ADHD, autism and the like would make any mom want to burn the pantry.....but how to make the change?

and seriously, the comments on autism, like what's the first thing a baby gets after mommy milk........
baby cereal

scary eh?

My kids and DH actually follow a low carb lifestyle as well. I transitioned them over gradually and then pretty much told them you either eat what I cook or you don't eat, lol!! JK! But I did find ways to recreate their favorite foods in a low carb way. Since they are not trying to lose weight it was actually very easy. Now they love the way they eat! The only grain they still eat occasionally is popcorn and I let them have that treat and hubby and son have oatmeal for breakfast because they lift weights regularly. Other than that no grains. They do have fun days once a month where they can eat whatever they want. I figure they are still miles ahead of most kids.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
One day at a time MMS.....1 lb is better than where you were the other day...If you lost 1 lb every second day, where would you be in a month? Think about that....
Very true...however, by day three I have normally lost a lot more and I just found out why I have not... there is sugar in my Jerk seasoning. I always check these things but somehow I failed to see it before. What a bummer!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Tanya, anything less than 20% BF is great for women so you are far from a big mass of fat, lol!! But I definitely agree with you about getting back in the gym. I think working out regularly is the key to maintenance. Have you looked at the Paleo diet? It might be a good maintenance plan for you. It is very strict but you can eat and not have to really count calories, especially if you are working out. I plan to follow that plan at a ratio of 80/20 at maintenance ( I am not willing to completely give up cheese, lol)
Yeah I think working out again is going to be great
I will start with that and go from there.

You must be mistaken on the body fat % thing though, under 20% is considered super athlete level of fitness !

Here is one chart I read, so my range is normal to lean, not a big deal

Body Type - FEMALE

Athlete <17%
Lean 17-22%
Normal 22-25%
Above Average 25-29%
Overfat 29-35%
Obese 35+%
Old 07-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Also I am looking into Paleo, we will see what it says.
Closed Thread