Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sallyb
Stats: 210/193/154
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 2011
T

Have a wonderful wedding day and enjoy every moment you deserve it.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
Almost lost 10 lbs since starting...so happy! x 10
Old 06-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
me, too. . Me, too. .

However. . I have it down to once day. in the morning, totally naked, . before a shower (You bod absorbs those liquids, ya know). . in a cold dark room all by myself. . OMG if anyone ever saw me . I wake up an hour early to ensure complete privacy. . Is that a little weird? Never claimed to be sane. .
I weigh most mornings at about 5 am after going to the loo in a dark room all by myself so you are not alone in this
Old 06-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Sallyb: !! We rock!
Old 06-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did I mention that I hate bras! I'd forgotten how uncomfortable an I'll fitting one can be. Omg. Must lose arm pit fat. Must say goodbye to back fat and must kick overflow of cuppeth to curb. I hate feeling miserable and blobby. Just sayin
Old 06-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Almost lost 10 lbs since starting...so happy! x 10
Old 06-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #247
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Can't wait to see the scale tomorrow morning! Do you guys get as excited as I do to see the scale every morning?
Nooooooo!!
Old 06-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #248
Big Yapper!!!!

Psych-your holiday sounds lovely!! I really really love France!
Old 06-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Did I mention that I hate bras! I'd forgotten how uncomfortable an I'll fitting one can be. Omg. Must lose arm pit fat. Must say goodbye to back fat and must kick overflow of cuppeth to curb. I hate feeling miserable and blobby. Just sayin
Me too! I do wonder if my backfat will ever go!!
Old 06-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #250
Big Yapper!!!!

Well peeps I fell off the wagon spectacularly. Dunno why I just can't get it under control for ever. Was out with friends for dinner and had ice-cream, don't even know why I gave in. They were all oh you gotta have some, you never have anything, blah blah. So I did! Felt so unbelievably crap after it. So what did I do to cheer myself up?? Oh yeah went and bought chocolate!! Ate it all! Then did bad things. Having good stomach muscles really pays off though! Ok it's not funny, I know.
Don't even know why I did it. I mean, I was shopping all morning-trying on clothes--my fav pasttime! Bought the tightest dress I think I have ever owned in my life--in a 2!!! (might bring it back though, it's so unbelievably fitted!) Also got loads of ff cottage cheese-with a really long date too! And ye know how hard that is to get!!!You know as strange as this might sound--and believe me, I know it does, going home stresses me completely. I love being home with DF and family etc but my weight and what I eat and if I've lost anymore or if I'm doing too much exercise is always an issue. Coupled with the fact I do have to eat more-well a bit anyway. I also have to cook-and I have absolutely no interest in it whatsoever! And we go out to restaurants a lot too. And I can't get up at the crack of dawn to workout. It just stresses me!! I know it sounds crazy!!!
And I'm gonna be another year older on Wednesday--eugh!!! And just to whinge more-he!-there's no guarantee I'm actually gonna get home-the pilots' strike is definitely going ahead. I'm just praying that my flight won't be cancellled, but I think it probably will cos it's not a business destination.
See, i can't deviate away from Stills at all, period!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!

My Blackberry Is Not Working
Too funny!!!......and Orange is an internet and mobile (cell) fone provider in the UK!!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 06-04-2011 at 03:14 PM..
Old 06-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Well peeps I fell off the wagon spectacularly. Dunno why I just can't get it under control for ever. Was out with friends for dinner and had ice-cream, don't even know why I gave in. They were all oh you gotta have some, you never have anything, blah blah. So I did! Felt so unbelievably crap after it. So what did I do to cheer myself up?? Oh yeah went and bought chocolate!! Ate it all! Then did bad things. Having good stomach muscles really pays off though! Ok it's not funny, I know.
Don't even know why I did it. I mean, I was shopping all morning-trying on clothes--my fav pasttime! Bought the tightest dress I think I have ever owned in my life--in a 2!!! (might bring it back though, it's so unbelievably fitted!) Also got loads of ff cottage cheese-with a really long date too! And ye know how hard that is to get!!!You know as strange as this might sound--and believe me, I know it does, going home stresses me completely. I love being home with DF and family etc but my weight and what I eat and if I've lost anymore or if I'm doing too much exercise is always an issue. Coupled with the fact I do have to eat more-well a bit anyway. I also have to cook-and I have absolutely no interest in it whatsoever! And we go out to restaurants a lot too. And I can't get up at the crack of dawn to workout. It just stresses me!! I know it sounds crazy!!!
And I'm gonna be another year older on Wednesday--eugh!!! And just to whinge more-he!-there's no guarantee I'm actually gonna get home-the pilots' strike is definitely going ahead. I'm just praying that my flight won't be cancellled, but I think it probably will cos it's not a business destination.
Be gentle with yourself GT. It is hard to be with family sometimes, that ol' family dynamic kicks in and you feel like a child again, and not in a good way. And, it's near impossible to keep your exercise routine and control what you eat, so try to make the most of it, know you'll be back soon enough. I know it can be stressful, I feel for you!

As far as the "cheat", think of it as a much needed refeed - it'll be a good jolt to your system after so long on an extremely low calorie program.

- Viv
Old 06-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
psychdoc, your much deserved holiday sounds AMAZING! Wow!
Old 06-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahh. .GT. . I just knew something was calling me back to this board. I really did think of your often while I was on my little vacation. I'm worried about you. I realize I'm not one to lecture (and I won't) but please, please take care of yourself. I am positive you are gorgeously thin and I know you are a terrific person.You are a size 2 for goodness sake. . Please take a good look at yourself in the mirror and think of all the good things you see, think of all the good things you are and think of all the good things you've done! Seriously, one day is not going to make you fat. one day will not make you gain 10 pounds. .one day should only remind you how far you've come. You are worth ice cream every now and again. .(and chocolate !). and I have no doubt you will get right back on track. Just dont' let this one day ruin your week. . Tomorrow is another day and the sun will be shining when you wake up.

Plus. I am positive you will be getting plenty of exercise while you are visiting!!! It may not be at 5:00 in the morning, but you'll be busy, busy, busy. . especially if you wear that new dress of yours!!

We all have to learn not to be so hard on ourselves. I am just as guility. . one bite turns into a snack which turns into abinge. . and so on and so on. Skinny people can enjoy a treat every now and again and not worry about it. We need to practice that!

Anyway, GT.. use those stomach muscles for laughing and excercising, only. . Deal? I know. I've been there. .
Old 06-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .so day 2 under my belt. . I didn't do any official exercise but I was sure busy all day. . I finished 5 loads of laundry, cleaned my kitchen, mowed my lawn, did some weeding and ran the leaf blower on my deck, driveway and yard. My hands are officially covered with blisters. Our riding lawnmower (which I hated anyway) is broken and the self propelled mower is down, so I had to use the other one. I have a fairly large yard. .it takes about 2 hours to mow so I feel pretty sweaty (and smell pretty, too !!). . so I feel confident I got my excercise in today. I did eat a piece of bologna (bad, I know) because I was a little hungry all of a sudden and didn't have anything else to grab. .it was a good thing hubby came home pork and chicken for the grill. . mmMMMm. .

All in all. . a pretty good day. . still feeling bloated and I know I have to be patient. . but. . Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 06-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al. .wish you'd check in. missing you. . Here you talk me into coming back and you disappear. . what gives??
Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Checking in!

Will be doing predominantly Stillman's but can I keep my almond milk + flax cereal in the morning?
Old 06-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sallyb: !! We rock!
Yep
Old 06-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi GT yes going home to see family that for me is Wales always leads to some emotional stress and I want to and invariable do eat junk.
Up the road is a little sweetie shop in my home street that sells sweeties I ate in my childhood and I fill up on everything sweet tasting in sight.
Yes I love my family but it is a family where food and love are intertwined plus my sisters all 4 of them assess each other esp on how we look... so going home for me is a mixture of joy/pain. I do insist on going to a gym though.
No worries for the long term GT cos you will get back to your Stillmans routine soon enough and life will be just dandy again
BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY for nxt week and BTW you look no where near your age
Old 06-05-2011, 02:41 AM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
Be gentle with yourself GT. It is hard to be with family sometimes, that ol' family dynamic kicks in and you feel like a child again, and not in a good way. And, it's near impossible to keep your exercise routine and control what you eat, so try to make the most of it, know you'll be back soon enough. I know it can be stressful, I feel for you!

As far as the "cheat", think of it as a much needed refeed - it'll be a good jolt to your system after so long on an extremely low calorie program.

- Viv
Refeed! I like it! .....not sure my body does though!!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:44 AM   #261
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Plus. I am positive you will be getting plenty of exercise while you are visiting!!! It may not be at 5:00 in the morning, but you'll be busy, busy, busy. . especially if you wear that new dress of yours!!

Skinny people can enjoy a treat every now and again and not worry about it. We need to practice that!

Hopefully!!!

And yup it we could just eat like skinnies!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:45 AM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

Ooooooh I've always wanted a riding lawnmower!!! Seriously!!! I thought they were the coolest thing as a child!!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Checking in!

Will be doing predominantly Stillman's but can I keep my almond milk + flax cereal in the morning?
Hi! Almond milk sounds ok! Don't know anything about thr flax cereal!!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:48 AM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyb View Post
BTW you look no where near your age
Ha! I wish that were true!!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:58 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Quote:
Hi! Almond milk sounds ok! Don't know anything about thr flax cereal!!

Oh its actually just ground flax meal.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:29 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning, GT. . How are you feeling today?

Been up since 5:30. . unfortunately I was not exercising but working YOu know me. . always have something to do. . plus I had to admire my lawn before the sun rose! I love getting up on a mild summer day, sitting on my deck with a nice cup of (black- cough, cough. . still missing my creamer!) coffee and watching the robins jump around on the lawn! Tis nice. . especially after visiting the scale and finding it back down to 169. . . Now . . If I can only get it to stay there!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:56 AM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Im2!!! Yay on the scale going down!! I'm feeling better-thanks! That was just a blip!! And you're right the sun is shining!!
Just swapped my airline ticket-as in cancelled the flight with AerLingus--strike is going to escalate--and oh shudder--booked a flight with Ryanair!! Now I know you don't know Ryanair(Sally will and Makeme-where r u BTW!) but think of an airline with theeee worst customer service and theeee most ridiculous extra charges----like you have to do online check in and they make you pay for the privilage, or they actually measure your hand luggage at the gate and then make you pay if it's too big!!! Oh and there's no assigned seating!! Everyone complains about them--yet everyone still goes with them!! I've only ever been once--and it was an experience!! And it's just soooo bright yellow!!!
Anyway I shall be in Dublin in time to get my connecting flight so all's good--hopefully!! Well to get to the airport here--that's another thing about Ryanair, they never fly from normal airports--I have to take a 2hr train journey with connections--whereas with AerLingus the airport is only 20mins away. But hey at least I'll be home!!...........now I just hope I can get back again!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Kitten. Wtg. Great job on the 10 "pounds. I'd be peeing all over myself with that loss
me too!
Quote:
Cc. You are a gal that loves a good question. . I've done a ton of studying every diet out there but always go back to the question? Fruit - what's the big deal? I mean. If we go back to our hunter gatherer roots surely this was part of the whole process. Is it because we are a society of over processed junk and haven't learned how to control our portions or have we been conditioned to think we need more. I just can't imagine my life without it. I'm willing to give it up for now (as she gazes longingly at a fruit bowl draped with lightly sun kissed grapes . .. Oo ops a bit off track sorry,) but not forever. I realize the natural sugars will result in cravings but I WANT MY FRUIT . Moment of insanity. I gotta go pop me a fish oil and I'll be bAck.
from Paleo Diet (Paleolithic, Primal, Caveman, Stone Age, Hunter-Gatherer Diet)

Paleo is a simple dietary lifestyle that is based on foods being either in or out. In are the Paleolithic Era foods that we ate prior to agriculture and animal husbandry (meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, tree nuts, vegetables, roots, fruit, berries, mushrooms, etc.). Out are Neolithic Era foods that result from agriculture or animal husbandry (grains, dairy, beans/legumes, potatoes, sugar and fake foods).
__________________________________________________ _________

Some Paleos follow the seasonal diet, eating only what would have been in season in their locale........lurk on some of their threads to see more.

For me friut will be a treat and not a staple. Just sayin'......
Quote:
Girl, you were out with friends! It won't kill you to live a little!

with fam and bday coming I would think stress is the bigger player here. JMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Checking in!

dunno.....flax is pretty LC, right?
Quote:
Ooooooh I've always wanted a riding lawnmower!!! Seriously!!! I thought they were the coolest thing as a child!!
it's like a go kart with a blade on the bottom.......and they get stuck everywhere unless your lawn is level like a skating rink
Quote:
Hi Im2!!! Yay on the scale going down!! I'm feeling better-thanks! That was just a blip!! And you're right the sun is shining!!
Just swapped my airline ticket-as in cancelled the flight with AerLingus--strike is going to escalate--and oh shudder--booked a flight with Ryanair!! Now I know you don't know Ryanair(Sally will and Makeme-where r u BTW!) but think of an airline with theeee worst customer service and theeee most ridiculous extra charges----like you have to do online check in and they make you pay for the privilage, or they actually measure your hand luggage at the gate and then make you pay if it's too big!!! Oh and there's no assigned seating!! Everyone complains about them--yet everyone still goes with them!! I've only ever been once--and it was an experience!! And it's just soooo bright yellow!!!
Anyway I shall be in Dublin in time to get my connecting flight so all's good--hopefully!! Well to get to the airport here--that's another thing about Ryanair, they never fly from normal airports--I have to take a 2hr train journey with connections--whereas with AerLingus the airport is only 20mins away. But hey at least I'll be home!!...........now I just hope I can get back again!!!
ugh, nightmarish......good luck girl, you will need it!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:40 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, today is the last day in the country, tomorrow mum goes back to the hustle and bustle of Miami...

it's been lovely, tho....hanging out, puttering in the yard. They have a pretty active social calendar at home so she loves to chill out when up here.

time to start breakfast.........BBL
Old 06-05-2011, 05:46 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dairy products contain lactic acid, which may help protect teeth against decay. A study in the journal Dentistry found kids who ate yogurt four times per week had less tooth decay than kids who didn't eat yogurt. Researchers think proteins in yogurt may bind to teeth and prevent them from attack by harmful acids that cause cavities. Hard cheeses are best for whitening, since they help remove food particles as well.

One 2008 study found toothpastes that contain baking soda — long considered a tooth-whitening home remedy — do a better job of removing plaque than toothpastes without the ingredient.

To try it, your best bet is brushing with a commercial paste that contains the mild abrasive.

Or, once in a while, you can just brush your teeth with baking soda straight from the box.

Strawberries
They may stain your shirt, but they could work to whiten teeth, since they contain an enzyme called malic acid. Try mashing up strawberries and rubbing them on your teeth. Leave for five minutes then rinse with water and brush and floss as usual.

Foods That Whiten Teeth Naturally, Home Remedies Work - AARP Bulletin
Closed Thread