Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sallyb
Stats: 210/193/154
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
Yeah running out the house to go to work guess what my scale said 206!!!!!!!
Essence

Keep up the good work I weigh in next Mon totm for me at moment.
I go on holiday 17 June so hope to drop at least another 7 pounds which would bring a total weightloss of 21 pounds for me.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I haven't posted these in awhile so will now for the rookies.

No matter what you've read about LC, you should read these. It affirms without question that LC is for life.

What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie? - NYTimes.com

and the true facts about LC, please read everything you can on his site.

Online Nutritional Information and Facts - Second Opinions

and the one statement that made me realize there is no normal human diet that includes grain...

At age 62 my wife, Monica, is fit and healthy, eating as much as she wants. She is 5 ft 6 ins tall and weighs just 124 lbs. When a friend, who has been on and off diets for most of her life, found that we lived the way I write about in Eat Fat, Get Thin! she said to Monica: “do you mean you have been dieting for thirty-six years?”

Monica’s answer was, “No, we have been eating normally for thirty-six years!”

-Dr. Barry Groves
Cheers CC
Old 06-02-2011, 08:16 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
This is my first time doing a program where I pay close attention to my fat content. I believe that low fat is really the way to go , also obviously the low carbs, but everyone knows that!

Understanding and researching the science behind all of this has helped me stay on track. Eating fatty foods and tons of carbs are gonna make me huge, so why would I want to do that anymore?

I think a person can live a good, and full life, by having a splurge meal here or there, but mostly eating a clean diet. I just really dont think there is any other way

Carbs, sugars and fats are bad news... Dang, I hate to say that. But it only make sense!

-T
T this is where I get confused yes I agree low carb 100 pct for good health but the fat...

I know we lose weight quickly with Stillmans but it is the long term thing I am looking at also would not meat/fat still allow for weightloss and be more sustainable.

Have you tried protein plus fat combo for weightloss? What do you think about Gary Taubes view on this?

Sorry my head does keep coming back to the protein/fat combo verses the protein/low fat and which is most effective regarding weighloss and/sustainability.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
T- r u at goal? .. I just read your message.. I so agree that lowcarb is the way to go.. But i have to admit.. I love the fat it keeps me full and not over eating.. I must admit i am not watching calories r fat just carbs.. But i make sure i dnt eat over 30 carbs..and thAts net carbs..
Hi Essence

I know what you mean about the fat it does keep us feeling full.
I am finding Stills hard at the moment but am still sticking with it but I know the addition of fat is v.v.tempting for me and a part of me thinks as long as I don't eat those pesky carbs I should be fine!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: essence
Stats: 268/268/175
WOE: protein power/atkin 72
Start Date: December 3, 2013
Sally... I am right there with u.. When i first did low carb ..i did 50 carbs a day.. And i actually lose.. But when i need to see quick lost i do 30 carbs.. I just know i used stillman to break my plateaus.. But i know i can live on 30-50 carbs my whole life
Old 06-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
I like my carbs. . green! Seriously. . I miss veggies more than anything. . I'm going to ride this week out with a daily salad and see where it gets me. .I'm OK with not dropping 5 pounds a day. . but I'd gladly take one! I am 10 pounds away from my clothes semi-fitting and 20 away from looking smokin hot!!!

ES! Congratulations to you! Change those stats!

Ak: you've done remarkable. . Yay, you!!

Forgive me, everyone, but I'm still trying to get to know ya'all.. so happy to see some new faces. . it gives me some inspiration. . .
Old 06-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Stats: Lost 100 lbs. & 6 sizes; 30 lbs. and 2 sizes left!
WOE: Low cal, mod carb, and cycle it all
Start Date: Summer 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Vintageous!!!

I love Vintage too. . . in fact I"m at war with myself right now. . I just bought the cutest ever dressing table and bench with a lovely mirror and I've been struggling all week with whether to keep it or not. . (It was my sister in law's great great G'mas) It really is a beaut but I just don't have the room for it. . (Unless of course, I ditch the weight machine, broken treadmill and the old pump organ. . ). . Goodness. .what to do . . what to do. . .

As the other gals know. . I have been forbidden from ever setting foot into an antique shop, ever attending one of the biggest antique shows in our state and never, ever am I to google keyword "Old, Antique, Vintage. . on Ebay. . .so. . I've since switched gears to Hello Kitty. . (I have all boys so it drives them nuts when I have a pink phone, lap top. .radio, etc. . it guarantees that they don't take them - well. . almost!)...:
Ummm...I'm with CC! ditch the space-takers and keep that gorgeous dressing table! I would adore an antique vintage dressing table with matching bench! I love dressing tables. Unfortunately I live in a tiny apartment with absolutely no room for a dressing table. (My sister and I share it, 1 bedroom; our beds are literally wall to wall, with 3 inches in between the bed frames.)

My sister salvaged a quarter-sawn oak library table from the old middle school back home. It was in bad shape; but she sanded it, keeping all of the gouges, etc., and stained it a lovely dark fruitwood color. We found very cool 1940s/50s chairs at goodwill for $2 each, painted them black and covered the seats in this awesome chocolate and cream zebra upholstery. It's our favorite set in our house.

I also love those old 1930s/40s built-in medicine cabinets with mirrors, the kind that sit right over your bathrooms sink. We had one in my parents house. Until one day my dad replaced with a modern oak-framed vanity mirror.

I could tell you about my small but growing vintage clothing pattern collection... but I'll spare you!

My blog http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/bl...-vintageously/
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Just to throw my 2 cents in re: Fats (I'm sure our resident scientists could add a lot more to the discussion - Beth, GT, etc). There is a lot of information about how fats (the good fats - olive oil, nuts, avocados, coconut oil, etc) are actually crucial to weight loss and health. Carbs and sugars bad, Fats possibly good. I'm still in the researching for my maintenance phase and I've noticed more and more info on the benefits of a high fat, moderate protein, very low carb diet. It sounds counter-intuitive but there's a lot of science behind it (of course, I zone out when I'm reading it!). Who knows? I suggest everybody look into it more. See what makes sense to you. Stillman is high protein, low fat (though I eat plenty of Omega 3 enriched hardboiled eggs and the fat adds up) and we know it works! But, for continued lifestyle, maintenance, and slower weight loss, higher fat MAY be the key. Again, I am still researching but I'm intrigued! I got a couple of books on Paleo lifestyle for my kindle and it's eye opening! Have a wonderful day everybody!

A warm welcome to the new June beauties!
- Viv
Old 06-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Really interesting discussion about fat, carbs, and sugar!

FWIW: when I tried Atkin's last summer I felt queasy and kinda of green from the fat; I also think I overdid it by using all of my dairy allotment each and every day (Cream cheese & HWC were allowed) and dressings on my salads. And for all of that discomfort, first I maintained then gained a few pounds. I was also always thinking about food - what I could eat, what I couldn't eat - and actually ate far more than I normally do.

I tried Protein Power a couple of years ago. Again no weight loss, though my skin was amazing. My health was much better too, until I hit a brick wall after about 6-8 weeks and literally couldn't form thoughts. Started eating carbs again... and woohoo! I could form and process thoughts again. Not to mention I quit obsessing about what I could and couldn't eat.

Interestingly, earlier this year after I got back to what has always worked for me (intuitive, hunger-fullness style eating), I added in more carbs, eased off the fat (still ate it, just not focused on it) and actually LOST 10+ lbs. But I also ate less and wasn't thinking about food all day long. And now I'm to the point where I don't even want or crave processed food or carbs all that much.

SO... I'm trying out QWL this month because
1) I'm curious what a low/non fat protein diet will do. Will I lose weight? How will I feel? and
2) My sister and I are competing to see which one of us can lose the most weight by July 4th.

I'm thinking I will do a veggie and carb refeed day once or twice a week just so I don't fall into any mental carb phobia/obsession traps. And so my body will still react nicely to carbs. (I have no insulin sensitivity issues at all. Perfect blood sugar unless I eat too much sugar on an empty stomach.)
What has been your experience? I don't want to get to the point where I'm stuck living on Stillmans because I don't want to gain any weight back. Dukan kind of appeals to me as a modified Stillmans-Atkins thing, since you eat some veggies (like Atkins), but on alternate days you eat lean, pure protein (like Stillman)

Sorry for a long post - just processing this all!

Last edited by Live Vintageously; 06-02-2011 at 10:31 AM..
Old 06-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vivi:

I've done a lot of research over the years, too. .I'm no expert. but I've tried just about every single diet out there. . Even Weight Watchers (I'm a lifetimer). .recommends that you get at least 3 servings of fat a day . . the good kind. .In fact, they suggest that you stir it in your food or cook with it or?? IDK. . I was never really good at doing it, but the last time I did Stillmans, I did try incorporating some CO oil. . I didn't notice immediate effects, but felt a little better and do remember being a lot more regular. . it just keeps things moving and fat is needed for cell rejuvenination, etc. . I think most things are good in moderation except nasty, over-processed carbs. .

We have to think and eat like the caveman and become hunter/gatherers. ..

BTW: did you guys hear that they are changing the "food pyramid". . About time!! It'll be interesting to see what the new one looks like. .I guarantee more protein and more veggies. ha!!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
woot woot! WTG Brum!

whew! Mum and I have been gardening/mowing for about 4 1/2 hours! I'll bet I mowed about 2 1/2 acres.

menu so far

coffee FF half n half

two turkey burgers, lettuce, tomato, red onion and mum's dill pickles from last summer.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This is my first time doing a program where I pay close attention to my fat content. I believe that low fat is really the way to go , also obviously the low carbs, but everyone knows that!

I just get so amazed because I have tried diets, starvation, and over exercising to the point of exhaustion and I have never had results like this before.

Understanding and researching the science behind all of this has helped me stay on track. Eating fatty foods and tons of carbs are gonna make me huge, so why would I want to do that anymore?

I think a person can live a good, and full life, by having a splurge meal here or there, but mostly eating a clean diet. I just really dont think there is any other way

I am also glad that I have kept my cardio exercise to a minimum so I can increase down the road if I ever need to lose weight, and my body wont be so used to so much... I want to do just enough to stay the same weight, and the increase workouts on cheat days.

Carbs, sugars and fats are bad news... Dang, I hate to say that. But it only make sense!

-T
Care to go in to more depth about your results? Such as the time it took you, how you feel healthwise, etc.? I'm new to Stillmans so I'm curious about others' results.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Fat also keeps one satisfied. . (feeling fuller?).. and ups the metabolism.. Some peeps were finding that CO oil often gave them hot flashes. .

I think moderate fat is very beneficial. .it's what you mix it with. . those sugar carbs do nothing except hold the fat together. . in both places!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-02-2011 at 10:31 AM..
Old 06-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
Just to throw my 2 cents in re: Fats (I'm sure our resident scientists could add a lot more to the discussion - Beth, GT, etc). There is a lot of information about how fats (the good fats - olive oil, nuts, avocados, coconut oil, etc) are actually crucial to weight loss and health. Carbs and sugars bad, Fats possibly good. I'm still in the researching for my maintenance phase and I've noticed more and more info on the benefits of a high fat, moderate protein, very low carb diet. It sounds counter-intuitive but there's a lot of science behind it (of course, I zone out when I'm reading it!). Who knows? I suggest everybody look into it more. See what makes sense to you. Stillman is high protein, low fat (though I eat plenty of Omega 3 enriched hardboiled eggs and the fat adds up) and we know it works! But, for continued lifestyle, maintenance, and slower weight loss, higher fat MAY be the key. Again, I am still researching but I'm intrigued! I got a couple of books on Paleo lifestyle for my kindle and it's eye opening! Have a wonderful day everybody!

A warm welcome to the new June beauties!
- Viv
Thanks for the welcome, Viv!

I tried Paleo style eating earlier this year. My lack of mental discipline didn't do do the diet justice, since I was constantly anxious about what I could and couldn't eat. However, thanks to Paleo I discovered that
1) I feel better limiting - even eliminating - dairy.
2) There were foods I had been eating all my life that suddenly I realized I didn't love or even miss, like pasta. I will eat pasta, but a couple of bites is all I can handle before I feel bloated and blah.
3) Fish began to turn into a newfound love; I now enjoy fish a few times a week, and we're not talking canned tuna drenched in mayo.
4) I learned how much unrefined carbs I needed to feel like myself - mostly a potato, piece of sprouted bread, or a bit of rice 1-4x a week, as needed. But certainly not the large amounts of carbs most people eat. I no longer center each meal around a starch.

Anyway, just my .02 cents.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

the other day I became panicked because I thought I looked larger for some reason, so I took out the tape, and it was fine, then checked the scale and it was also fine, so I was thinking, could I be imagining things and simply driving myself insane?

Anyway, enough of that.

Everyone new to Stillmans, be sure to eat enough food, chicken, eggs, etc etc, to keep your strength up..last week I didnt eat enough, primarily because my appetite has been nonexistent, but I felt tired, cranky and very weak! You dont want that to happen

This week I feel better, turkey burgers, chicken breasts, tuna, shrimps, eggs!

Stillman Friendly Business!!!

Keep up the good work everyone...Wish me luck for this crazy wedding business
driving myself insane? OMG calm urself Tanya! Glad u feel better and with all these occasions you've had lately you have mad skills now girl! Shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ignore the nasty scale! and oh no she's back reminding us of vitamins!!!!! eh i haven't taken any since the last time ya were here!
so true me too!
Quote:
Always good!!! Mine tries to feed me up!!!
Oh and I meant to say CC, i read that article from GT--ooh same initials!!! gary Taubes--and it just clicked!!
Also have watched a lot of his talks on YT--so interesting! Especially as to why the truth about lc was forgotten-apparently all the research on how sugar makes you fat etc was done waaaay back by a lot of German and Austian Dr.s--then WW2 happened and noone was interested in what Germans had to say so the research was burried!! People go on that it's a new fad from Atkins and co. but nope!!!

Carbs raise insulin.
High insulin levels make you fat.

So take out insulin, what ya got?? Carbs make you fat!!!!

The more I read about health etc. the more I know clean low carb is the way to go! (I still struggle with the high fat!)
then WW2 happened and noone was interested in what Germans had to say so the research was burried!!

Quote:

I just get so amazed because I have tried diets, starvation, and over exercising to the point of exhaustion and I have never had results like this before.

I am also glad that I have kept my cardio exercise to a minimum so I can increase down the road if I ever need to lose weight, and my body wont be so used to so much... I want to do just enough to stay the same weight, and the increase workouts on cheat days.

-T
Quote:
What is dunkan.. I am really enjoying doing some days stillman some days protein power.. I really believe my diet is leaning more toward atkins 72 instead stillman cuz i eat a salad/ and some nuts..
Ess , Dukan is LC with hard to follow rotation days. Just another rewrite of what Stillman and his predecessors knew all along.........everything old is new again.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyb View Post
Cheers CC

I got no problem with fat here. Let me at it. All of it. Fatty beef, chicken skin, butter, you name it.

Barry Groves site will provide you with conclusive evidence that fat is good for you and unsat vs. sat litearlly makes no difference for health. In fact, the group that consumed ghee had less incidence of heart disease........

Last edited by CCGirl; 06-02-2011 at 10:47 AM..
Old 06-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Vintageously View Post
Thanks for the welcome, Viv!

I tried Paleo style eating earlier this year. My lack of mental discipline didn't do do the diet justice, since I was constantly anxious about what I could and couldn't eat. However, thanks to Paleo I discovered that
1) I feel better limiting - even eliminating - dairy.
2) There were foods I had been eating all my life that suddenly I realized I didn't love or even miss, like pasta. I will eat pasta, but a couple of bites is all I can handle before I feel bloated and blah.
3) Fish began to turn into a newfound love; I now enjoy fish a few times a week, and we're not talking canned tuna drenched in mayo.
4) I learned how much unrefined carbs I needed to feel like myself - mostly a potato, piece of sprouted bread, or a bit of rice 1-4x a week, as needed. But certainly not the large amounts of carbs most people eat. I no longer center each meal around a starch.

Anyway, just my .02 cents.
OMG what she said can I get an amen here?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
What is dunkan.. I am really enjoying doing some days stillman some days protein power.. I really believe my diet is leaning more toward atkins 72 instead stillman cuz i eat a salad/ and some nuts..
Stillman's QWL only allows you to eat low fat meat and fish until goal, no veg, no dairy, apart from lf cottage cheese.
Dukan has 4 phases introducing more foods slowly but the first phase Attack--is QWL with a small amount of non fat dairy, as in a yoghurt, and a tablespoon of oatbran, apparently to keep you regular. He also limits egg yolks. His second phase Cruise alternates between protein only days(QWL) and days with protein and veg together.
Both of these 'diets' are very low fat as opposed to Atkins which advocates fat.

Either way I would stay away from nuts--as far as I know they aren't allowed on the first phases of Atkins!

In my opinion the fastest loss comes from QWL, the second fastest from Dukan's Cruise phase and the least quickest is Atkins! .......now whichever one keeps you sane is another thing!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Vintageously View Post
Really interesting discussion about fat, carbs, and sugar!

FWIW: when I tried Atkin's last summer I felt queasy and kinda of green from the fat; I also think I overdid it by using all of my dairy allotment each and every day (Cream cheese & HWC were allowed) and dressings on my salads. And for all of that discomfort, first I maintained then gained a few pounds. I was also always thinking about food - what I could eat, what I couldn't eat - and actually ate far more than I normally do.

I tried Protein Power a couple of years ago. Again no weight loss, though my skin was amazing. My health was much better too, until I hit a brick wall after about 6-8 weeks and literally couldn't form thoughts. Started eating carbs again... and woohoo! I could form and process thoughts again. Not to mention I quit obsessing about what I could and couldn't eat.

Interestingly, earlier this year after I got back to what has always worked for me (intuitive, hunger-fullness style eating), I added in more carbs, eased off the fat (still ate it, just not focused on it) and actually LOST 10+ lbs. But I also ate less and wasn't thinking about food all day long. And now I'm to the point where I don't even want or crave processed food or carbs all that much.

SO... I'm trying out QWL this month because
1) I'm curious what a low/non fat protein diet will do. Will I lose weight? How will I feel? and
2) My sister and I are competing to see which one of us can lose the most weight by July 4th.

I'm thinking I will do a veggie and carb refeed day once or twice a week just so I don't fall into any mental carb phobia/obsession traps. And so my body will still react nicely to carbs. (I have no insulin sensitivity issues at all. Perfect blood sugar unless I eat too much sugar on an empty stomach.)
What has been your experience? I don't want to get to the point where I'm stuck living on Stillmans because I don't want to gain any weight back. Dukan kind of appeals to me as a modified Stillmans-Atkins thing, since you eat some veggies (like Atkins), but on alternate days you eat lean, pure protein (like Stillman)

Sorry for a long post - just processing this all!
I've been interested in intuitive eating but it terrifies me! That's great you're success with it! I love the idea of it.

I too, lost weight on Atkins - 30lbs and then nothing, for six months, I just loved loved loved eating cheese. I've come to realize, dairy is not a good source for fats. The maintenance way of eating Paleo - is non-dairy and I think that's probably best for me. It's hard because I do love my cheeses.

If you do QWL, follow it strictly, eat when you're hungry but just from the list, you will most definitely lose weight and very quickly.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

IM the following was one of the most eye opening observations I have ever read - and it's not even from a diet guru:

But think about this: there is no food in nature that is high in both fat and
sugar. Nuts are high in fat, but not sugar. Fruit and honey are high in
sugar, but have no fat. It took modern chemistry to join the two in ice
cream and other high fat desserts. Humans are biologically inclined to love
a food that's high in both fat and sugar, but the combination totally shortcircuits body wisdom. You won't get a signal to stop eating until you're
full to the point of discomfort.
- Sheryl Canter "Normal Eating for Normal Weight" pg. 155.

I'm not saying we should necessarily return to food combining. However, if you notice both nonfat vegan diets (McDougall) AND high fat, high protein diets (Atkins) work extremely well in terms of managing health and weight. I wonder if both camps are right, and it's simply how we combine our foods that needs to change, instead of choosing one way to eat. Suzanne Somers diet books do use food combining: you do not combine fat and protein with carbs. You can have all of the nonfat whole grain carbs AND fat-protein meals, so long as they are eaten at separate meals. It seems to work for a lot of people. Just an observation...
Old 06-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Vivi:

BTW: did you guys hear that they are changing the "food pyramid". . About time!! It'll be interesting to see what the new one looks like. .I guarantee more protein and more veggies. ha!!
No waaaaaaay!! About time!!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG why didn't they just put snickers bars where the fruit is...........it's the same thing!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG what she said can I get an amen here?
LOL! CC! Have you tried Paleo yourself?

I usually never end up following diets long term because I never seem to lose or maintain my weight on them and they drive me mentally INSANE! However, I am amazed at what I do learn from my diet experiences. Paleo was probably the best learning experience. My McDougall (nonfat vegan) experience was also good; I found I am intolerant to beans and need fat. Definitely not enough protein either for long term. I felt the crappiest on McDougall healthwise, good on Paleo/modified low carb and the best with intuitive, healthful eating.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

About the fat discussion! He! As far as I know it goes the higher your carb count the lower your fat must be to control your weight. I'm not talking sugar carbs here!!
So for me because I genuinely like and feel far more energetic with some carbs--from veg and berries and yoghurt--my fat will have to be low, or relatively low! I looooove salmon and I know it does amazing things for my skin! And as Viv said there's the fat in eggs! And if I have ground beef on occasion it all starts to add up!!
But I actually don't like fattier cuts of meats like chicken wings or thighs, and I never cook with oil or butter -and don't intend to! So it'll be low fat!! I hate fat in all it's forms--on the body and in my food!!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG I love paleo. But I would be the cavegirl who owned a cow. Love dairy. It will be a paleo/atkins mix if I ever get to goal.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #115
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
woot woot! WTG Brum!

whew! Mum and I have been gardening/mowing for about 4 1/2 hours! I'll bet I mowed about 2 1/2 acres.

menu so far

coffee FF half n half

two turkey burgers, lettuce, tomato, red onion and mum's dill pickles from last summer.
Wow!! And droooling at your dinner! I'm eating tuna!!!

Keep repeating to self--tuna will make you thin, tuna will make you thin!!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nappy time TTYL
Old 06-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow!! And droooling at your dinner! I'm eating tuna!!!

Keep repeating to self--tuna will make you thin, tuna will make you thin!!
LOL that was lunch...no bfast today. Too cold for tuna....it's a whopping 58F here!

BBL
Old 06-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Is it not the protein that keeps you feeling fuller for longer???

I did that fat fast once or twice and I was unbelievably hungry!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

our perfect world
Old 06-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and I thought it was protein that upped your metabolism! Something like vpbecause your body burns 30% of it's calories to digest it!! Dunno!
Closed Thread