Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #1081
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
OMG OMG OMG-I.just read on another thread that someone drinks chocolate FAGO diet pop!!!! Oh i wish we had that!!!!! I need it!!!
Trust me. .It is Nasty!!! now. .Rock N Rye or Cream Soda. . only way to go. .

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 06:27 AM   #1082
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GIRLS!!! I am soo darn excited. . I am down!! 165. .so that makes over 5 pounds since I've buckled down. .this is huge for me!! I know its probably water weight but I feel soooo much better already. .

and the very beautiful thing. . I went to my BFF's 50th last night and I ordered only the spice sour soup. .it was very tasty and very hot so it kept my taste buds tingling. . and get this.. when I was turned around watching her open her gifts. . someone stuck a huge plate (and I mean huge) of cake and ice cream in front of me!! Are you kidding me? Seriously. .. they all just sat and watched me slurp my soup while they were eating all that wonderful Chinese food and they think I'm gonna cave and give in to a nasty piece of blue frosting cake? Give me a break. And then to top it off. .I got my bill and the waitress charged me for a full buffet!!

Anyway.. .I drank (heavily) and feel like crap this morning but as soon as I saw the scale, my headache went away!!! Planning a grill-a-thon this evening after work (yes .. going in late - preplanned!!) ..

My boy gets his wisdom teeth out tomorrow so I'm gonna grill him up a big meaty steak. . Poor baby. . What a way to spend the Holiday Weekend!!

OK. .gotta run. .gonna take a hot bath before work. .
Old 06-30-2011, 06:28 AM   #1083
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay, Nermo. .

Weekend Warriors. . here we come!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:46 AM   #1084
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Good morning all! or Good night depending on where u r! This morning 206 down 2 pounds alreadyyyyy yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ! Let the games begin! I am soooooooooooo loving this alreadyyyyyyyyy
OMG too good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yay!!! And yay on the non capped download!!!
O I tweaked my TCP settings and now it's blazing fast, I never saw email load so quickly! Downloading updates like a normal person! Too cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
GIRLS!!! I am soo darn excited. . I am down!! 165. .so that makes over 5 pounds since I've buckled down. .this is huge for me!! I know its probably water weight but I feel soooo much better already. .

and the very beautiful thing. . I went to my BFF's 50th last night and I ordered only the spice sour soup. .it was very tasty and very hot so it kept my taste buds tingling. . and get this.. when I was turned around watching her open her gifts. . someone stuck a huge plate (and I mean huge) of cake and ice cream in front of me!! Are you kidding me? Seriously. .. they all just sat and watched me slurp my soup while they were eating all that wonderful Chinese food and they think I'm gonna cave and give in to a nasty piece of blue frosting cake? Give me a break.
And then to top it off. .I got my bill and the waitress charged me for a full buffet!!

Anyway.. .I drank (heavily) and feel like crap this morning but as soon as I saw the scale, my headache went away!!! Planning a grill-a-thon this evening after work (yes .. going in late - preplanned!!) ..

My boy gets his wisdom teeth out tomorrow so I'm gonna grill him up a big meaty steak. . Poor baby. . What a way to spend the Holiday Weekend!!

OK. .gotta run. .gonna take a hot bath before work. .
way to go girl! Ick, blue cake! I'll bet it looked synthetic!

Make sure you save the teeth I still have mine! I was thinking a pendant, ring and earrings......have them set in gold........

O you losers are inspiring......must go do the staredown with the scale
Old 06-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #1085
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
175 today!! Woohoo!! 13 to go to my true weight! I may go to 150-155 but we will see
Old 06-30-2011, 06:59 AM   #1086
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
IM- way to go :c lap: dancing for your loss and mine! I am feeling good about this again! I was kinda doubting I ca ever stick to the plan again.

Thnxx CC - You are doing great yourself

Well peeps I am stickig strict stillman's except with my tuna the cucumbers and vinegar made a world of a difference u should also try it with some cumin powder yummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!

GT is my true role model girl you are a whole new person!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:02 AM   #1087
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
t. .

Yayyyyy IM2!! It sure is easier to stay on plan when the scale is moving isn't it?! I am headed to grocery store down the street they mark their meats down in the morning and I get awesome deals on my lean meats this way, only way I can afford it, lol! Looking for a filet mignon for this weekend
Old 06-30-2011, 07:04 AM   #1088
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning all! or Good night depending on where u r! This morning 206 down 2 pounds alreadyyyyy yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ! Let the games begin! I am soooooooooooo loving this alreadyyyyyyyyy
Awesome Nermo!! Look at this as just a season in your life. Once you get to goal you can maintain and eat more variety, but for now, just do it!!!LOL!!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #1089
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Trust me. .It is Nasty!!! now. .Rock N Rye or Cream Soda. . only way to go. .
Hmmm I saw the cream soda one too!!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #1090
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Im2--- i am sooooooo happy for you!! Seriously!!! and
Old 06-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #1091
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh I missed it was blue cake!!!! it's like the blue ice-cream children always go for at ice-cafés!!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #1092
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
175 today!! Woohoo!! 13 to go to my true weight! I may go to 150-155 but we will see
Girls-ye are on fire!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #1093
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

GT is my true role model girl you are a whole new person!
:blush: thanks!! Half my old self!! Scary thought!!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #1094
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Yayyyyy IM2!! It sure is easier to stay on plan when the scale is moving isn't it?! I am headed to grocery store down the street they mark their meats down in the morning and I get awesome deals on my lean meats this way, only way I can afford it, lol! Looking for a filet mignon for this weekend
too funny. . There is a little market a few miles from my house that marks it's meat down at night so we always check out the 50% freezer as my kids are getting ((( cover eyes ))) ice cream!!! Not exactly on plan but they have the best Pizza Brauts in the world~! OMG> . stuffed with pepperoni, ham and some other stuff. . I'm drooling just thinking about it! I think if I make it through this weekend. .I'll grill up a dinky one next week. .
Old 06-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #1095
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, everyone for the !! I really, really appreciate it. . I am so thankful no one brings up the fact that I keep losing the same 5 to 10 pounds over and over and over. . But . .the good thing is. . I did something before it got way out of control ! I'm just hoping I can continue to lose without plateau-ing for 6 months like last time. I gotta stay strong and can't consider cheating. .It just isn't worth it. .

I shall stay in the ZONE!!! Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing tastes as good as losing feels!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #1096
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shoot! I really wanted to bring the article I was reading with me today so I could share it with you. .

You know me, I am a huge advocate for taking your vitamins, especially on this diet! (Take em, Al. . I'm watching you !)

Anyway, studies show that Calcium and Vitamin D help to shrink belly fat! There was a lot of scientific garbly gook included in the article but it made sense. . I take Calcium every day (under the advice of my Doc) as every woman should especially as we "get better (not older)". . .it also helps with PMS, protects against cancer and some other good stuff.. It can't hurt, can it? it also stressed the need for a good Multi. . .

Seriously. .I force my family to take a multi every day and we are rarely sick. .. . Good stuff. .

just a gentle reminder!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #1097
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
Thank you, everyone for the !! I really, really appreciate it. . I am so thankful no one brings up the fact that I keep losing the same 5 to 10 pounds over and over and over. . But . .the good thing is. . I did something before it got way out of control ! I'm just hoping I can continue to lose without plateau-ing for 6 months like last time. I gotta stay strong and can't consider cheating. .It just isn't worth it. .

I shall stay in the ZONE!!! Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing tastes as good as losing feels!!!
re: "the same 5 to 10 pounds", that's yesterday, today's a new day and you got this IM2!!

Hazelsmurf, a warm welcome to you! Any chance you could enlighten us more on the details of your program. I am extremely curious but also a cheapskate and it's $26.00 on Amazon! Would love to know more about it!

GT, when I'm at my wits end and desperately need a sweet, there is nothing like the Faygo Chocolate Crream Pie Soda - diet of course. I put its invention right up there with the invention of the wheel!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #1098
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cyone
Stats: To hit 199 by 08/27/2012
WOE: 17 Day Diet Cycles 1-4
Start Date: August 2011
Good afternoon everybody!

Back up a little this morning but I know it was the cheesecake Trying to go 14 days on QWL no cheats to lose at least 10 just have to stay strong for the 4th of July.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #1099
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cyone
Stats: To hit 199 by 08/27/2012
WOE: 17 Day Diet Cycles 1-4
Start Date: August 2011
@Momtocj

Looking at your stats under your avi is so inspiring How long have you been on your journey?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #1100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyone View Post
@Momtocj

Looking at your stats under your avi is so inspiring How long have you been on your journey?
Thanks!! I started in March of last year, I did regular low carb for the majority of the weight loss but in Feb of this year my body just stopped losing and nothing I did helped! I played around with Still's a bit and it did break my stall but I kept going back to regular low carb. I just decided to put my big girl panties on and do it already! I figured if I could lose 10 pounds or so with Still's then I would take a break and do regular low carb and start the cycle over again. So far I have lost 9 with Still's and I am not even hardcore, lol! So once I get to 170 I will take a break for about a week and then get right back to my hybrid Still's plan
Old 06-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #1101
Senior LCF Member

Gonna post some pics this evening for myself so I can see how far I have come and so we can all officially "meet". Somedays I still get a little down even though I have lost as much as I have, it helps to see the difference on the www
Old 06-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #1102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
Hazelsmurf, a warm welcome to you! Any chance you could enlighten us more on the details of your program. I am extremely curious but also a cheapskate and it's $26.00 on Amazon! Would love to know more about it!
Basically he puts people in 3 categories, based on body fat percentages (for girls, a cat 1 is 24% or lower, cat 2 = 25-34%, cat 3 is 35%+... I'm unfortunately a cat 3!) Depending on what category you fall into and what your current body fat % is, you'll have different protein needs (to ensure you don't lose muscle on a low calorie diet). Done right he says you should not lose any muscle on this diet. So for me, since I'm a cat 3 and not very active, I need to eat 0.8 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass. That protein needs to be as lean as possible, basically stillman's fare... chicken breast, fish, very very lean red meat, egg whites, protein powder... but also allowed fat free dairy. He also allows artificial sweeteners. Also you can have unlimited veggies (well, not corn or carrots or beats or starchy ones). The other Stillman's friendly condiments like mustard are also OK for this.

Then depending on which category of dieter you are, you will have refeeds or free meals. As a cat 3, I get 2 free meals a week but no refeeds. A cat 2 would get 1 free meal and then a 5 hour refeed. Also depending on the category there are different amounts of time that you should stay on the diet before taking a break. As a cat 3, I can stay on it as long as I want, the "break" is for psychological reasons if you're more overweight, but he says it's actually physiological if you didn't have much to lose in the first place.

Anyways, he also talks about supplements and explains everything in detail about the whys and the slowing of the metabolism during fasting and all that.

I'm doing good so far today, I ate one lean burger, supper will be enough chicken breast to make up the rest of my protein requirements for today, I'll have to calculate how much I need and weigh it out.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #1103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have to say. the idea of unlimited veggies is very appealing. .but the refeeds are a bit scary. . at least for me. ..don't get me wrong. .they make sense (kinda like keeping your body guessing) but I dont' know that I would be strong enough to stop!!!

I am doing 1 to 2 cups of veggies a day. .but only the green or leafy kind. . nothing starchy. . it really breaks the Mono of meat! The crunch of the lettuce is very satisfying. .and cucumbers/vinegar make a wonderful side. . .I'm doing grilled zuchinni tonight.. with seasoned salt. . perhaps this is why I can stick to it a little better this time around. . IDK. .just thinking outloud. .
Old 06-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #1104
Big Yapper!!!!

Momo-Congrats on your loss!!! I never actually looked at yoir stats before!! Can't wait for pics-your face is stunning!!!!
Julie-sounds complicated!! But well thought out!!! I'm still in 2 minds about the refeeds. In a way though, for me, it sounds like a good maintenance plan!!!
Viv-I would be drinking it by the bucketload!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #1105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Well I'm not doing the refeeds for at least 3 months so I'm not too worried about it, but when I reach that point I think i'll treat it low carbish, like 50g-100g, just for a week or two before going back to it. I am expecting a quick 5-10 pound weight gain (water weight), but hoping I stabilize there for a few weeks. I mean if I can't stabilize my weight on a diet like that I will have issues when I reach goal anyways, so I might as well work out the kinks on the way, I don't want to do like I did before, lose 100 pounds only to gain it back again!
Old 07-01-2011, 03:39 AM   #1106
Senior LCF Member

203 todayyyyyyyyyyyyyy:kick ing: Stillman rocks! Onederland make room ...... here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:28 AM   #1107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
203 todayyyyyyyyyyyyyy:kick ing: Stillman rocks! Onederland make room ...... here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woohoo!!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #1108
Senior LCF Member

I can really kick myself in the u know what! I totally screwed up today! I actually think I lost my mind for a few minutes. 2 tablespoons of nutella and a bowl of flan. WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #1109
Senior LCF Member

((((((((((((((((((((( I am gonna get right on track. I am not gonna say that i've already messed up and keep on eating. That's it! I may be a little up tomorrow but I will be down the day after..............
Old 07-01-2011, 08:07 AM   #1110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Quote:
((((((((((((((((((((( I am gonna get right on track. I am not gonna say that i've already messed up and keep on eating. That's it! I may be a little up tomorrow but I will be down the day after..............
That's right Nermo! Just get back on track and stay focused. You got this!
Closed Thread