Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #1051
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi Hazel-welcome!!! LMcD sounds like Dukans plan!!
It's similar, I've been reading the Dukan book as well. On this plan though you get veggies every day, and instead of one long stabilization period at the end you get mini ones every so often (depending on how much you have to lose), also the refeeds and cheat meals aren't part of the Dukan plan I think! Are you allowed whole eggs on Dukan? I think that's what I'll miss, egg whites just don't do it for me, all of the goodness is in that yolk! Maybe i'll pick up some eggbeaters or something. Actually I think they have an egg white carton at the grocery store.

Well I drank nothing but water all morning, I'm up 62 oz so far today, I hate water! I have a serious diet coke addiction and that's about all I used to drink, but now I'm challenging myself... no diet cokes until I drink 100 oz of water. I just did my strength workout and now I'm about to chow down on 250g of turkey meat, mmmm. And I have to work up the courage to swallow these huge fish oil capsules

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #1052
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Oh cheats and refeeds would be a dangerous thing for me!!! .......but hey everytime I've given in to temptation I can just say oh that day I was doing Lyle's plan!
Yeah you're allowed eggs on Dukan, he doesn't reccommend lots-I think 2or 3 a day max.
I wish we had eggbeaters-I just can't bring myself to throw away the yolk! But if it wasn't there....!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #1053
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
Deal! I'm going to enjoy the grilled meats, but I will also pack a cooler with some cottage cheese and boiled eggs (not a huge fan of tuna). I think I may even bring some meringues and cottage cheese "frozen yogurt" to quell my sweet tooth. I will enjoy club soda faux-jitos, make my own iced tea from scratch sweetened with stevia and drink lots of water. I'm actually starting to look forward to this challenge. I think it will make me feel good to stick to my menu while I watch everyone else consume all those carby delights and then complain about it later. Ok, ok...that was a little spiteful...I take that one back (sort of). I will be sending super supportive twinkles your way and to all who are challenging themselves to stick to plan this holiday weekend. Let's do this!!!
See!! I think this will be a wonderful time to "challenge" ourselves! You are exactly right. .they will all complain and you can take a walk knowing you are gonna be feeling great and stayin slim!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #1054
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
here I am.. :blush: Im 122 today, and still doing my meat, cream, cheese thing. Last two days were active ones. Went to the beach, walked and walked and hiked and rock climbed on the the hunt for crabs. Im sunburned, of course, cause hubby wouldnt let me "fake tan" to get a base. Guess red is better than ghost white. Ive also been in the pool! lots of laps and making whirlpools is quite the workout! So, all in all I guess Im on a better track. Yeah Im eating cheese, but hopefully all the movement will keep me maintaining. Also, hubby had a talk with me. He says I shouldnt lose anymore, so Im using it as my excuse to have yummy cheddar grilled turkey burgers!

so, what are the weekender rules? must read back.
If you limit your cheese to no more than 4 ounces. . I think you'll be OK. . Many of those other low carb sites list it. .but not over 4 ounces. . plus. you are sooo close that maintenance is just a whisper away. .
Old 06-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #1055
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
a waterfall!! so cool!! we want pics when youre finished!!
Its actually more like a trickle. .LOL. .

He didn't buy a big enough pump so once we got all the rocks where we wanted them. it trickles. . but still better than nothing!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #1056
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hello Everyoneeeeeeeee, wooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww lots of new peeps. Ok I am officially back on stillman's today. I fell off for a long while. y weight is now 208 but I know can get back on track! Luv u and missed all u guys!
OMG. .Nermo!!! Is that really, really, really you???? OOOO how we've missed you. .

I've been off and on for the past year (I think) but I'm back, too. .

Great. . we can do this. we can. .we. can
Old 06-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #1057
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyone View Post
Good morning everyone!

Down another 1.4 lbs this morning for a total of 4.5 since Monday

Messed up a little with a bite of cheesecake but I'm hanging tough.
Step away from the cheesecake! it will do nothing but go to your thighs. . .
Old 06-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #1058
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh cheats and refeeds would be a dangerous thing for me!!!
I'm a binge eater so it's definitely something that I'm curious to see if it will work for me. I hope the change in thinking will work out.

I mean, if I'm on strict Atkins induction and then eat something off plan, then in my mind I'm a horrible person with no self control who can't stick to her diet, then I go into a horrible binge... what starts with one cookie ends up being a bag of cookies and a pizza and the next day it continues. I think it's because while I'm on induction my mindset is "I cannot have this pizza", so when i'm "off plan" I binge on everthing that I've been missing or WILL miss.

Hopefully now, thinking that hmm, I want pizza but I can have a few slices if I wait 3 days... hoping THAT mentality shift will stop the binge monster. Knowing that nothing is truly off limits if I wait for the right moment, and knowing that it's 2 slices of pizza, not a whole pizza... I don't need to binge on the pizza because I can always have more next week if I still want it.

Well, it's a trial right? Let's see how I do.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #1059
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
And I have to work up the courage to swallow these huge fish oil capsules
Freeze them. it really helps and no "aftertaste"
Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #1060
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm a binge eater so it's definitely something that I'm curious to see if it will work for me. I hope the change in thinking will work out.

I mean, if I'm on strict Atkins induction and then eat something off plan, then in my mind I'm a horrible person with no self control who can't stick to her diet, then I go into a horrible binge... what starts with one cookie ends up being a bag of cookies and a pizza and the next day it continues. I think it's because while I'm on induction my mindset is "I cannot have this pizza", so when i'm "off plan" I binge on everthing that I've been missing or WILL miss.

Hopefully now, thinking that hmm, I want pizza but I can have a few slices if I wait 3 days... hoping THAT mentality shift will stop the binge monster. Knowing that nothing is truly off limits if I wait for the right moment, and knowing that it's 2 slices of pizza, not a whole pizza... I don't need to binge on the pizza because I can always have more next week if I still want it.

Unfortunately, binges are often the result of a very restrictive diet. I am the same way .but I think what keeps your momentum going is when you really start losing (and noticing) you ask yourself. . Why would I jeopardize all the hard work I've done over one cookie? On the flip side, we have to remind ourselves that one cookie will not make us fat. . the entire bag, on the other hand, will overload our system and make us do terrible rotten things. .

I am actually quite proud of myself when I can limit to one taste or serving If I absolutely, positively need to have it. I won't, however, being doing no such thing this weekend. .

I'm still in the Zone. . not cheating. .Not gonna do it.. No sir reeee Bob. .
Old 06-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #1061
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cyone
Stats: To hit 199 by 08/27/2012
WOE: 17 Day Diet Cycles 1-4
Start Date: August 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Step away from the cheesecake! it will do nothing but go to your thighs. . .
I am I had a bite then thought about the scale and gave the rest away.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #1062
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heheheh. .

Hafta tell you . the very best way to get back at your co-workers is to cook fish in the office microwave at lunch!!! OMG> . the whole office stinks! IN fact, one of the gals came back from her carb laden lunch and said. . OMG. .who is eating cat food. .it smells just like cat food in here! LOL..

As a footnote, don't buy the Gortons Grilled Fillet . .The grilled Talapia is wonderful (as is the Salmon) but I accidentally grabbed the one that says Fillets. .and I'm thinking the Fillets are actually the end pieces and inerds of the fish. . Blah. . they did smell and they weren't good.. I choked some down but threw the rest out. Talapia is the only way.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #1063
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am I had a bite then thought about the scale and gave the rest away.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #1064
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I hope Lyle's plan works for you. If you have problems with bingeing then a very restricted diet like QWL is definitely not the way to go. This plan sounds as if it is more flexible. I wonder though how quick the results will be-maybe that's not what's most important to you-i just wonder, that even though the 'cheats and refeeds' are planned that, stall wise they could have the same effect as a proper off plan cheat. Dunno!
But as the say, the best diet is the one you cab stick to!!! So if this helps you psychologically to stick to a plan, then it's perfect!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #1065
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Heheheh. .

Hafta tell you . the very best way to get back at your co-workers is to cook fish in the office microwave at lunch!!! OMG> . the whole office stinks! IN fact, one of the gals came back from her carb laden lunch and said. . OMG. .who is eating cat food. .it smells just like cat food in here! LOL..

As a footnote, don't buy the Gortons Grilled Fillet . .The grilled Talapia is wonderful (as is the Salmon) but I accidentally grabbed the one that says Fillets. .and I'm thinking the Fillets are actually the end pieces and inerds of the fish. . Blah. . they did smell and they weren't good.. I choked some down but threw the rest out. Talapia is the only way.
Too funny!! i've got plenty of 'nasties' at my workplace!!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #1066
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I hope Lyle's plan works for you. If you have problems with bingeing then a very restricted diet like QWL is definitely not the way to go. This plan sounds as if it is more flexible. I wonder though how quick the results will be-maybe that's not what's most important to you-i just wonder, that even though the 'cheats and refeeds' are planned that, stall wise they could have the same effect as a proper off plan cheat. Dunno!
But as the say, the best diet is the one you cab stick to!!! So if this helps you psychologically to stick to a plan, then it's perfect!
Exactly, I'm very curious to see what the results will be. From what I've read it leads to good losses and the refeeds are so that your metabolism doesn't get sluggish from extreme caloric restrictions, but I think that overall (other than some water weight) the cheats won't be too horrible. I'm not planning on eating anything outrageous, I'll just try to eat a normal sized meal with some things in it that I wouldn't normally eat. I'm down 1.6 since monday, so I'm curious to see what the weekly average is once the initial quick losses are done with.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #1067
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG OMG OMG-I.just read on another thread that someone drinks chocolate FAGO diet pop!!!! Oh i wish we had that!!!!! I need it!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #1068
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh it's FAYGO!!! Anyone ever had it??
Old 06-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #1069
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Quote:
Oh it's FAYGO!!! Anyone ever had it??
Yep! Faygo originated in Detroit and is the local pop of choice around here. I don't drink it anymore, but when I did grape, redpop and rock n' rye were my favorite flavors. Yummy!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #1070
Big Yapper!!!!

I need chocolate pop!!!! I'm going to bed to dream about it!!!! I don't even drink coke!!! But calorie free choccie taste..............
Old 06-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #1071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Can I join you ladies? I'm doing Lyle McDonalds rapid fat loss plan though, not stillman's, but they are quite similar (high protein low fat, but this plan allows fat free dairy and veggies too). Anyways, day 1 for me, I ate nothing but turkey and chicken, drank a whole load of water... hoping to drop some weight this week!
hop in girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hey Guys!

I feel like I have been gone for Months! but I think its only been about a month, crazy eh?

anyways I am back to my Old office on Monday which means I will be back to the boards! I am still up 5 pounds but I have been maintainign my weight at 149 for a while now ( with a couple weekends a bit higher but it always goes back down in a couple days!)

Stills is definitely the best way to lose weight and you can keep it off I pretty much gained the 5 pounds when I started eating "normal" (ie pizza, ice cream, chips) again so I am happy with my weight but I think its time for the next 15 to come off because we finally have nice weather here and I want to go hang out at my Aunts pool!

I know I will need you ladies (and gents? not sure if any have joined haha) to get the next 15 off seeing as I have lost all my willpower I have started eating low carb again and then I hope to transition to Stills after the weekend this is a long weekend cuz Friday is Canada Day and Pay day! so I am going to stick with my veggies and dip and chicken wings for the weekend and not go crazy and buy junk food and eat myself into a coma!
wooohooo Mar!
Quote:
Hello Everyoneeeeeeeee, wooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww lots of new peeps. Ok I am officially back on stillman's today. I fell off for a long while. y weight is now 208 but I know can get back on track! Luv u and missed all u guys!
OMG NEERRRRRRRMMMMMMMM!
Quote:
Good morning everyone!

Down another 1.4 lbs this morning for a total of 4.5 since Monday

Messed up a little with a bite of cheesecake but I'm hanging tough.
woot woot go girl!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
CC-I def don't dress like the Duchess!!Nooo think about 10 years younger!!! I like bright, cheerful and girlie!! Pippa is slightly less 'classic' than Kate. Did you see her red print skort (Like floaty shorts-everywhere here) that she wore on Paris? I have nearly the same pair!! Today I have a short(ish) light blue and white skirt with thin stripes and a long wide tie at the waist that you make into a bow-have mine at the side and a sleeveless(yes peeps I have started getting my arms out!) hot pink top with a peter pan collar and 3 small bows on the side at the bust in spots and checks and a pair of TH pink stripey wedges..........so as I say less Catherine.....hmmmm more Elle Woods!!!
Haven't been a Pippa stalker much, I adore Kate. And Elle Woods. I guess I'm a cross between. Mom's classy duds and Tink shirts everywhere
Quote:
Heheheh. .

Quote:
OMG OMG OMG-I.just read on another thread that someone drinks chocolate FAGO diet pop!!!! Oh i wish we had that!!!!! I need it!!!
ewwwwwww I just don't have the choc thing. But show me a key lime pie and it's last beotch standing with a fork in the others eye Love citrus
Old 06-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #1072
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so the fone bimbo hooked me up, verified internet on her laptop, had no clue why none of my machines could connect and left......sorry, I just install modems.

Two hours later and four phone calls and we are on DSL.

Redneck DSL.

upload speed 015 Mbps download .94 Mbps, a hair faster than sattellite. But with no daownload limits and 20 bux cheaper per month I'll take it.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #1073
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My two alter egos........
Penelope Garcia, Criminal Minds

and Pauley Perrette 'Abbey" from NCIS..........I'll bet you didn't know she has a degree in forensic science

Old 06-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #1074
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

g'nite loves...........stay slim!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:23 AM   #1075
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

ewwwwwww I just don't have the choc thing. But show me a key lime pie and it's last beotch standing with a fork in the others eye Love citrus
Old 06-30-2011, 12:24 AM   #1076
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Good morning all! or Good night depending on where u r! This morning 206 down 2 pounds alreadyyyyy yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ! Let the games begin! I am soooooooooooo loving this alreadyyyyyyyyy
Old 06-30-2011, 12:25 AM   #1077
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
so the fone bimbo hooked me up, verified internet on her laptop, had no clue why none of my machines could connect and left......sorry, I just install modems.

Two hours later and four phone calls and we are on DSL.

Redneck DSL.

upload speed 015 Mbps download .94 Mbps, a hair faster than sattellite. But with no daownload limits and 20 bux cheaper per month I'll take it.
Yay!!! And yay on the non capped download!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #1078
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Good morning all! or Good night depending on where u r! This morning 206 down 2 pounds alreadyyyyy yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ! Let the games begin! I am soooooooooooo loving this alreadyyyyyyyyy
Mornin' Nermo!!!! Yay on the loss! You're back, baby!!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:00 AM   #1079
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG. .Nermo!!! Is that really, really, really you???? OOOO how we've missed you. .

I've been off and on for the past year (I think) but I'm back, too. .

Great. . we can do this. we can. .we. can
yes we can do it! I've been off for about the same time. It's a bit hard but I know now I can't do it without u guys!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:25 AM   #1080
Senior LCF Member

ugggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ketosis has kicked in feeling nautious and have a headache gonna try and sleep it off!!!!!!!!!! but don't get me wrong I 'aint complaining!
Closed Thread