Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #1021
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cyone
Stats: To hit 199 by 08/27/2012
WOE: 17 Day Diet Cycles 1-4
Start Date: August 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I think you'll have to listen to your body on this one. I know peeps who use CL all the time and lose like Crazy. . I know that it stalls some of us, too. .just like Caffeine. .

for me, I try to lean toward more water but I do sneak in the flavored ones, too. .

Have you tried the new water enhancer "Milo" in the little squeeze bottle. . OMG> . its too die for. . I am sure it is full of stuff. but the print is sooo small I can barely read it. .
I lLURVE MIO, All the tea flavors except the mango peach and the berry pomegranate I'm drinking now, I lose fine with the CL as long as it has no carbs but the HP has 2 I'm going to try sticking to carb free versions.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #1022
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Can I join you ladies? I'm doing Lyle McDonalds rapid fat loss plan though, not stillman's, but they are quite similar (high protein low fat, but this plan allows fat free dairy and veggies too). Anyways, day 1 for me, I ate nothing but turkey and chicken, drank a whole load of water... hoping to drop some weight this week!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #1023
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
Can I join you ladies? I'm doing Lyle McDonalds rapid fat loss plan though, not stillman's, but they are quite similar (high protein low fat, but this plan allows fat free dairy and veggies too). Anyways, day 1 for me, I ate nothing but turkey and chicken, drank a whole load of water... hoping to drop some weight this week!
Hey!! I'm sure the ladies will welcome you here Gonna look up that plan, you never know I may need to change in a few days since I am a rebel at heart
Old 06-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #1024
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Hey!! I'm sure the ladies will welcome you here Gonna look up that plan, you never know I may need to change in a few days since I am a rebel at heart
I had heard good things about it, it's a protein sparing modified fast but it has built in breaks and cheats, plus a wider variety of food... I'm hoping that knowing that a "free meal" is always just around the corner will keep the binges in check... I'm guilty of that on Atkins, I'd be super strict for a month, then eat a cookie and all downhill from there!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #1025
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Climb aboard Hazelsmrf: (Is that Hazel Smurf. . I love the smurfs, almost as much as I love H Kitty!!)
Old 06-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #1026
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
As soon as I'm sick of doing this. I'm gonna look up this Lyle McDonalds Diet. . I'm always open to trying something new and anything that allows veggies goes to the top of my list!!! However. . I shall stick to my plan to make it through the weekend. Cooking up some burger (cuz some hoggy man in my house decided to not only eat all the leftover chicken. .he ate all the cheese and the rest of the ground meat !!!) I hate whe that happens. .
Old 06-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #1027
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
As soon as I'm sick of doing this. I'm gonna look up this Lyle McDonalds Diet. . I'm always open to trying something new and anything that allows veggies goes to the top of my list!!! However. . I shall stick to my plan to make it through the weekend. Cooking up some burger (cuz some hoggy man in my house decided to not only eat all the leftover chicken. .he ate all the cheese and the rest of the ground meat !!!) I hate whe that happens. .
Yup it's smurf! I'll let you know how it goes, I'm only just starting it. It's basically what you'd expect, low fat, high protein (though it makes you calculate a specific protein goal for yourself), veggies, egg whites, fat free dairy, I think that's it. Well of course the free meals, refeeds and diet breaks make it different, I think for my weight I'm supposed to stay on plan for 6 to 12 weeks and then take a 1-2 week break to try to reset some of the metabolic slowdown fasting brings.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #1028
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Quote:
OK Als! here's the deal. . Outdoor Parties are the best! and I was just reading somewhere (on the Atkins site I believe . . I'm teetering so forgive me. ). but, besides that. .

Think of all the wonderful, fantastical grilled meat you can enjoy! Seriously. . What is better than a big ole grilled burger? Steak? Grilled Chicken. (smacking lips) and as a very last resort. . (very last) hot dog - cheese! if you stay away from the other stuff, you CAN DO IT!! It may not be 100% Stillmans but you will not gain and you will feel soooo much better and you will probably lose a few pounds. .. .YOu will. . .you will. .Just think of how good that will feel. . Take it from me! I am the exact same way. . do OK during the week and then the weekend hits - BAM!!! and once I cheat. I say. . to heck with it all and I try to start over on Monday. .except Monday is bad cuz I'm sobering up from my suger/carb intoxication. . I totally GET IT! But.. just say. NO more. .NO More. . Get through the weekend and you can conquer anything! No big deal.. You've eaten that stuff before. .you've tasted it before. . and it will never taste as good as losing those nasty pounds. . I will be thinking of you and sending only low carb vibes your way. . We are gonna be winners. .er. . losers this weekend.

WE HAVE TO DO THIS. I seriously cannot stand another weekend of being miserable so I'm going to enjoy a burger myself. (bunless, of course)..

We have a deal, right? No cheating!!! (Don't forget to pack some tuna packets in case of emergency. . !)
Deal! I'm going to enjoy the grilled meats, but I will also pack a cooler with some cottage cheese and boiled eggs (not a huge fan of tuna). I think I may even bring some meringues and cottage cheese "frozen yogurt" to quell my sweet tooth. I will enjoy club soda faux-jitos, make my own iced tea from scratch sweetened with stevia and drink lots of water. I'm actually starting to look forward to this challenge. I think it will make me feel good to stick to my menu while I watch everyone else consume all those carby delights and then complain about it later. Ok, ok...that was a little spiteful...I take that one back (sort of). I will be sending super supportive twinkles your way and to all who are challenging themselves to stick to plan this holiday weekend. Let's do this!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:02 AM   #1029
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
OK. Al. enough hiding. .I'm putting you on the official MIA list. . I plan to kick you in the hiney upon your return. . being gone this long only means bad things. .

Come on. .we need another weekender!!
here I am.. :blush: Im 122 today, and still doing my meat, cream, cheese thing. Last two days were active ones. Went to the beach, walked and walked and hiked and rock climbed on the the hunt for crabs. Im sunburned, of course, cause hubby wouldnt let me "fake tan" to get a base. Guess red is better than ghost white. Ive also been in the pool! lots of laps and making whirlpools is quite the workout! So, all in all I guess Im on a better track. Yeah Im eating cheese, but hopefully all the movement will keep me maintaining. Also, hubby had a talk with me. He says I shouldnt lose anymore, so Im using it as my excuse to have yummy cheddar grilled turkey burgers!

so, what are the weekender rules? must read back.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:04 AM   #1030
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi hazelsmrf!! turkey and chicken- Whats in store for day 2, cause indeed it sounds just like stillmans!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:06 AM   #1031
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
Deal! I'm going to enjoy the grilled meats, but I will also pack a cooler with some cottage cheese and boiled eggs (not a huge fan of tuna). I think I may even bring some meringues and cottage cheese "frozen yogurt" to quell my sweet tooth. I will enjoy club soda faux-jitos, make my own iced tea from scratch sweetened with stevia and drink lots of water. I'm actually starting to look forward to this challenge. I think it will make me feel good to stick to my menu while I watch everyone else consume all those carby delights and then complain about it later. Ok, ok...that was a little spiteful...I take that one back (sort of). I will be sending super supportive twinkles your way and to all who are challenging themselves to stick to plan this holiday weekend. Let's do this!!!
Hey als!! I think I missed the frozen yogurt recipe- do share!! faux-jitos!! love it!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #1032
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OK. gonna move more rocks. .(Did I tell you peeps I got hubby a dump truck load of rocks for father's day??!!) He was sooo thrilled. . actually , . we've been working on them little by little every night. He finished my waterfall over the weekend and I'm working on building a rock wall across the front of my house. '

The pile looks like we haven't touched it yet. . OMG> . I may have gone overboard this time. .
a waterfall!! so cool!! we want pics when youre finished!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #1033
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyone View Post
Quick question ladies, normally when I do Stillmans I get the flavored no cal no carb water which I will probably restock on tomorrow but my question is about the Crystal Light or Hawaiian Punch sugar free single packs would it be ok to use them?
I live on crystal light. cant remember the last time plain water hit my lips. (this is bad thing, i know, but I always seem to do ok on it )
Old 06-29-2011, 07:11 AM   #1034
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm thinking cucumbers and vinegar might just be the ticket for my tuna!
speaking of vinegar....I added a few splashes of red wine vinegar, and italian seasoning to my ground turkey the other day - delish!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:13 AM   #1035
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
OMG-GaGa is being accused of taking the money that people donated for the victims of the Japan earthquake. Apparently when you bought her bracelets on line you had to pay tax, but you don't have to pay tax on charity donations, so she kept the money for herself. I really hope it's not true.
wow.. good thing I didnt buy a bracelet. i still couldnt blame gaga for anything. definitely the people managing the program.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:28 AM   #1036
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope everyone has a great day! Headin out to the beach again! Doublin-the sun screen today!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #1037
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hey Guys!

I feel like I have been gone for Months! but I think its only been about a month, crazy eh?

anyways I am back to my Old office on Monday which means I will be back to the boards! I am still up 5 pounds but I have been maintainign my weight at 149 for a while now ( with a couple weekends a bit higher but it always goes back down in a couple days!)

Stills is definitely the best way to lose weight and you can keep it off I pretty much gained the 5 pounds when I started eating "normal" (ie pizza, ice cream, chips) again so I am happy with my weight but I think its time for the next 15 to come off because we finally have nice weather here and I want to go hang out at my Aunts pool!

I know I will need you ladies (and gents? not sure if any have joined haha) to get the next 15 off seeing as I have lost all my willpower I have started eating low carb again and then I hope to transition to Stills after the weekend this is a long weekend cuz Friday is Canada Day and Pay day! so I am going to stick with my veggies and dip and chicken wings for the weekend and not go crazy and buy junk food and eat myself into a coma!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #1038
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi hazelsmrf!! turkey and chicken- Whats in store for day 2, cause indeed it sounds just like stillmans!!
I'm fasting until 2pm, then it's probably going to be turkey, and I think supper will be a lean hamburger patty (or 2) with steamed summer squash. Maybe some skim milk thrown in there somewhere. That's the plan anyways, I might change my mind along the way... I need to do groceries!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #1039
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hello Everyoneeeeeeeee, wooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww lots of new peeps. Ok I am officially back on stillman's today. I fell off for a long while. y weight is now 208 but I know can get back on track! Luv u and missed all u guys!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #1040
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cyone
Stats: To hit 199 by 08/27/2012
WOE: 17 Day Diet Cycles 1-4
Start Date: August 2011
Good morning everyone!

Down another 1.4 lbs this morning for a total of 4.5 since Monday

Messed up a little with a bite of cheesecake but I'm hanging tough.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #1041
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Just ate my grilled pork . to the bone!!! I'm so delicate and lady like. . slurp. slup. .
Old 06-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #1042
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OK. gonna move more rocks. .(Did I tell you peeps I got hubby a dump truck load of rocks for father's day??!!) He was sooo thrilled. . actually , . we've been working on them little by little every night. He finished my waterfall over the weekend and I'm working on building a rock wall across the front of my house. '

The pile looks like we haven't touched it yet. . OMG> . I may have gone overboard this time. .
Oh too cool!!!!!!! a waterfall!!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #1043
Big Yapper!!!!

CC-I def don't dress like the Duchess!!Nooo think about 10 years younger!!! I like bright, cheerful and girlie!! Pippa is slightly less 'classic' than Kate. Did you see her red print skort (Like floaty shorts-everywhere here) that she wore on Paris? I have nearly the same pair!! Today I have a short(ish) light blue and white skirt with thin stripes and a long wide tie at the waist that you make into a bow-have mine at the side and a sleeveless(yes peeps I have started getting my arms out!) hot pink top with a peter pan collar and 3 small bows on the side at the bust in spots and checks and a pair of TH pink stripey wedges..........so as I say less Catherine.....hmmmm more Elle Woods!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #1044
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi Hazel-welcome!!! LMcD sounds like Dukans plan!!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #1045
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Climb aboard Hazelsmrf: (Is that Hazel Smurf. . I love the smurfs, almost as much as I love H Kitty!!)
Bought a smurf tshirt yesterday!!! .........and did you ever eat Haribo's smurf sweets---looooooove them!! (in my former life, of course!)
Old 06-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #1046
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Al!! i'm sooooooo brown (orange tinged!)!!! Been hitting the bottle!!! You should tell hubs your 'fake' tan would have been better for your skin than getting burned!!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #1047
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Mar!! Missed those legs!!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #1048
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hello Everyoneeeeeeeee, wooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww lots of new peeps. Ok I am officially back on stillman's today. I fell off for a long while. y weight is now 208 but I know can get back on track! Luv u and missed all u guys!
NERMO!!!!!! we missed you!!!!! Welcome back!!!!
And girl, don't be hard on yourself--wow you have maintained a near 70lbs loss!!! those stupid 10 will be gone before you can eat your ground beef omelette!! Then it'll be onwards and downwards!!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #1049
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyone View Post
Good morning everyone!

Down another 1.4 lbs this morning for a total of 4.5 since Monday

Messed up a little with a bite of cheesecake but I'm hanging tough.
on the loss!!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:20 AM   #1050
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
GT- Thnxxxxxxxxxx that's just the support I was missing! I really love you guys!
Closed Thread