Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #991
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Unfortunately, nothing surprises me any more! If it is true.. definately Sad but I really think too many celebrities become entitled. . . I can tell you, if I ever had enough money, my friends and family would never have to work again!
Yeah I would love to be able to pay my Mum back for everything she's done for me, and for everything she sacrificed for herself. I think my payment will have to be that I'll be as great a Mum to my children as she was to me. If I can even be half as great and selfless as her then I won't be doing badly!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #992
Big Yapper!!!!

Another child has been kidnapped on the way home from school and killed in Germany. (watching the news). It happens quite often. It never happens in Ireland. But then I do wonder should a 7 year old be walking home by themselves.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #993
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OK. gotta get back to work and think about eating my chicken. . or shall I do Tuna. .MMmmm. decisions. .decisions. .

O. .I gotta tell you. . for Father's day, hubby got a new egg pan and I found him an egg boiler made for the microwave. It works pretty slick. . It looks like a little egg with feet. .you fill it with water and then use a little pin thing to stick through to the yolk and then you microwave for 6 minutes. . hard boiled egg!!! Nifty. . (I usually boil eggs several times a week but I can never keep my boys from them and when I want one, they are always gone. So . .perfect solution. . plus. .I boiled 2 eggs while I was getting ready for work this morning!!). . Not that this was important. .just thought I'd share!!!
That's cool! And quirky!! I need one! I've just boiled up some eggs-it's way to hot to be boiling up things!!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #994
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cyone
Stats: To hit 199 by 08/27/2012
WOE: 17 Day Diet Cycles 1-4
Start Date: August 2011
Hey everyone

I've been on Stillmans plan a few times before and it's always worked for me so I'm ready to get back on it. I found the original 14 day shapeup book on Amazon and just finished rereading it, I started yesterday and already lost a little over 3lbs as of this morning I know this thread is nearing the end of the month but I just wanted to get started.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #995
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Cyone-welcome back and yay on the loss!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #996
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Cy! End of the month. .beginning of the month.. makes no difference. . We love to lose. . lose ..lose!!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #997
Major LCF Poster!

@im2fat thats what. I thought anytime is as good as any so I just jumped in.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #998
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Quote:
als... hang in there with me! I need the inspiration!

Speaking of. . weighed myself this morning, ,down a tad. . a little disappointing but I gotta give it another day. .right? I must be the slowest loser on earth! I just have to be. . but gotta stay strong. .losing is so much better than gaining. .

(I'm not even sure how much but I know the line wasn't on the big 170 but couldn't count it as the 168 either. and I think it was on the big 1-7-2 last week). . Tomorrow morning it shall be a solid 167! Ya think? That would rock my world and give me the ultimate power to resist all the Chinese Vibes I'm going to be facing. . .
I'm with you IM2!!! I have noticed that I have a tendency to lose my resolve on the weekends and then I'm upset on Mon/Tues when I'm up several pounds when I could have been down several more pounds if I had stayed on plan. This upcoming holiday weekend is going to be particularly tempting - I am going to the lake for a long holiday weekend with my BF's family. They are Italian - all they do is cook and eat and talk about food! His mom has 3 sisters and they are always trying to out-cook each other. I don't know how I'm going to survive this weekend! I don' t want to keep gaining and losing the same 5 lbs. so let's challenge each other to get through our upcoming temptations. We can do it!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #999
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
I'm with you IM2!!! I have noticed that I have a tendency to lose my resolve on the weekends and then I'm upset on Mon/Tues when I'm up several pounds when I could have been down several more pounds if I had stayed on plan. This upcoming holiday weekend is going to be particularly tempting - I am going to the lake for a long holiday weekend with my BF's family. They are Italian - all they do is cook and eat and talk about food! His mom has 3 sisters and they are always trying to out-cook each other. I don't know how I'm going to survive this weekend! I don' t want to keep gaining and losing the same 5 lbs. so let's challenge each other to get through our upcoming temptations. We can do it!
OK Als! here's the deal. . Outdoor Parties are the best! and I was just reading somewhere (on the Atkins site I believe . . I'm teetering so forgive me. ). but, besides that. .

Think of all the wonderful, fantastical grilled meat you can enjoy! Seriously. . What is better than a big ole grilled burger? Steak? Grilled Chicken. (smacking lips) and as a very last resort. . (very last) hot dog - cheese! if you stay away from the other stuff, you CAN DO IT!! It may not be 100% Stillmans but you will not gain and you will feel soooo much better and you will probably lose a few pounds. .. .YOu will. . .you will. .Just think of how good that will feel. . Take it from me! I am the exact same way. . do OK during the week and then the weekend hits - BAM!!! and once I cheat. I say. . to heck with it all and I try to start over on Monday. .except Monday is bad cuz I'm sobering up from my suger/carb intoxication. . I totally GET IT! But.. just say. NO more. .NO More. . Get through the weekend and you can conquer anything! No big deal.. You've eaten that stuff before. .you've tasted it before. . and it will never taste as good as losing those nasty pounds. . I will be thinking of you and sending only low carb vibes your way. . We are gonna be winners. .er. . losers this weekend.

WE HAVE TO DO THIS. I seriously cannot stand another weekend of being miserable so I'm going to enjoy a burger myself. (bunless, of course)..

We have a deal, right? No cheating!!! (Don't forget to pack some tuna packets in case of emergency. . !)
Old 06-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #1000
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cy. .you in?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #1001
Major LCF Poster!

I'm in weekends are my downfall too but I have got to get it under control and I don't want to undo all my hardwork if I can steadily lose 5 lbs a week on Stillmans I'll be at my goal in no time.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #1002
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Hello all!! I'm still around but not doing strict still's cuz I suck at following rules, lol! I am down a few lbs though so it seems to be working for now so my plateau is officially broken. The main thing is I will have a sliced cucumber with salt and pepper and vinegar cuz I need something cool and crunchy I will check in more often, I promise! Everyone looks like they are doing great....
Old 06-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #1003
Major LCF Poster!

Mmmm sliced cucumbers and vinegar that sounds like it would go great with my tuna for dinner.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #1004
Senior LCF Member

Making grilled pork tenderloin for dinner with the 7-6-5 method, will let you all know how it turns out
Old 06-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #1005
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Hello all!! I'm still around but not doing strict still's cuz I suck at following rules, lol! I am down a few lbs though so it seems to be working for now so my plateau is officially broken. The main thing is I will have a sliced cucumber with salt and pepper and vinegar cuz I need something cool and crunchy I will check in more often, I promise! Everyone looks like they are doing great....
There are a lot of the new low carb diets that allow you one to 2 cups of veggies a day. . I really don't think any of us got fat eating green stuff. . unless it was mint choco ice cream!!

I still believe the caveman. . the natural items will not kill us. . its all the other stuff we use that does. .

Just stay away from the processed carbs, sugar, carbs. .etc. etc. . and you'll do fine. . I'm thinking cucumbers and vinegar might just be the ticket for my tuna!
Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #1006
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyone View Post
Mmmm sliced cucumbers and vinegar that sounds like it would go great with my tuna for dinner.
Jinx!! LOL Cy. . great minds think alike!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #1007
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. so far. . That makes

Cy
Mom
Me
Als. .

We are gonna make it through this weekend together!!! and. . if,. WHEN we do.. we shall reward ourselves with something new and wonderful . just for us!

Come on. jump on board. .
Old 06-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #1008
Major LCF Poster!

Quick question ladies, normally when I do Stillmans I get the flavored no cal no carb water which I will probably restock on tomorrow but my question is about the Crystal Light or Hawaiian Punch sugar free single packs would it be ok to use them?
Old 06-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #1009
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ailuj5
Stats: 135/135/113 (5'2")
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: June 22, 2011
This weekend-- I'm in!

I've got a family graduation party (we're Italian) on Sunday, so I too will be surrounded by the temptations this weekend as well.

WE CAN DO THIS LADIES!!!

Okay-- I have to be honest. I started Stillman's Wednesday. I was doing perfectly fine with it, until yesterday came around. I don't know if it's the weekend of two-in-a-row 12 hour shifts on my feet that finally caught up to me, or the lack of carbs for almost a week, the exhaustion of it all, or ketosis (I'm assuming that was probably what it was?) or WHAT, but yesterday I felt like plain old crap. My muscles ached, I was the most tired I have been in years (I couldn't even walk up and down the stairs it was so bad), and I just felt bad. Just BAD. I wanted an apple more than anything in the world, and I really was just craving something GOOD. I was so sick to death of meat and eggs, I felt so nauseous, and even though I stuck to the plan all day and was good, I was still starving, even though the thought of making another omelette or turkey burger or buying more chicken made me want to barf! After laying on the couch for basically the entire day, I still didn't feel any better, and watching my dad keep eating nuts made me want not only an apple, but now I wanted NUTS even MORE!!!

Sooo... I caved. Before anyone stabs me, let me just say, I have put my mind to this. I have been SO STRONG, and SO DEDICATED to this since I started Wednesday, and this is the longest I have stuck with something in a whileee. I might have over-did my "Not Allowed" foods last night, and I know the whole point is to stick to the 14 days, but I know my body, and by now I know the difference between really needing something and it just being a "craving" or a "mental thing". You guys, this was bad. Maybe I'm not supposed to go into such a deep ketosis. It was awful. The most drastic kind of low-carb induction I have ever done fully is South Beach and I did it twice, and on that I really think my ability to still eat vegetables and nuts and peanut butter was my saving grace. I'm a person that usually eats more spinach than any animals do, so maybe this was my body's way of saying, "Girl, what are you doing to yourself?"

Okay. So this is long, but I just wanted to say, yes, I "cheated" yesterday. I went off plan (And I literally had lasted the whole day! It wasn't until 9 at night!), I had a COUPLE helpings of fruit, two apples, nuts, beans, yogurt... *some* sweets. So it was a mini-binge, we'll say. Maybe I over did it a bit. I certainly felt wayyy stuffed after--like I had never felt from the amount of food I had, usually it takes a lot more to do that to me-- and I went to sleep like a baby.

But get this. Waking up this morning, of course I weighed myself, and I'm the same as yesterday?!

And after visiting the bathroom, I'm even less?!

Now I know my scale may be broken, I honestly don't know what I really weight right now, but even if it says I'm 129-130 right now, that's STILL about 5 pounds less than what it said last Wednesday!

AND GET THIS--THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: How my clothes fit.

And they're loose.

HELLA loose. Then they've been in a whiiile. My 6's are getting way too big, my 4's fit with hardly any muffin top. They're a bittt tight, but not too bad. Definitely wearable.

I can get on my skinny skinny jeans from Forever 21. I don't like how much junk is still hanging over, but still, there's a HUGE difference between how they fit now compared to even last month.

And this one jean skirt I have? Yeah. The difference from even LAST WEEK is crazy.

And people, I had a food fest last night. And my results are STILL THERE.

Now there's a lesson in this of course. I can't go all out and eat carbs and fruit to my heart's desire every night. Hell no. I'm just saying, when doing Stillman's, everyone is of course different, and you should just really listen to your body.

I got right back on it today, I'm being super strict Stillman's, and I'm gonna lose these last 15-20 pounds by the time school starts. I just KNOW IT.

I just ate a mixed scrambled bowl of egg beaters, tuna, half a slice of Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb (I need to have a little cheese on this and so far it's still working for me), ground pepper and hot sauce. Mmm mm mmm

Keep at it everyone!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #1010
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Was in H+M during my lunchbreak--anywhere that has good air con!!!
And I thought of you CC-there was a sale-there was a tshirt of turquoise Tinkerbell flying-exactely like one of your avis!!! I was seriously tempted to get it! But I got a girl smurf on a coral background instead!!! It was only 7E!! Oh and a vest with 2 totally cute cupcakes on it!! Hmmmm my style is def very young!! I'll stop when I'm 30 ( or when I look it!!)

Think you'd rather eat mega sugary refined carbs than have to visit H+M, CC!!!! I'm still at the lots of cheap and chearful stuff!!!!.......now bags must be expensive(designer bags are my weakness!) shoes good quality, and nail polish always Channel--other than that --what Primark calls 'throw away fashion'!!!!
O girl I am so there with the Tink and HK stuff! I have classed up a bit on the other things, Calvin Klein is so zzzzzzzz now as is Guess and Express/the Limited. And since I put mom on the programme last year she sent me her entire wardrobe. So I dress like HRH Catherine now. No skirts or dresses tho, I abhor them. Give me jeans! And no more cheap crap shoes. I must be growing up a tad. But I will dress like I'm twenty nine forever!
Quote:
Can you not save pictures of things on eBay? I wanted to show Im2 my HK swarovski crystal iPhone case--to make her jealous!!!!!!
GT, click on the enlarge button under the pic in the listing and when the new window opens with the pic, right click and choose 'save picture as' to the folder of your choice.
Quote:
Girl! You don't even have to tell me. . I want one already..

did I mention, my Iphone got dropped on the tile floor and cracked! Ugggg. It still works but Wahhh. .My son hid for a few days until I got over it. It was purely an accident but they've been told to keep their paws off. . Not that they listen!
waaaaaaaah......could you buy a junk one on the bay for parts and swap out the case?
Quote:
Yeah I would love to be able to pay my Mum back for everything she's done for me, and for everything she sacrificed for herself. I think my payment will have to be that I'll be as great a Mum to my children as she was to me. If I can even be half as great and selfless as her then I won't be doing badly!
GT if you wrote that in a card and gave it to her ot would be Niagara Falls (US term for crying)
Quote:
Another child has been kidnapped on the way home from school and killed in Germany. (watching the news). It happens quite often. It never happens in Ireland. But then I do wonder should a 7 year old be walking home by themselves.
OMG I thought we were the violent ones......what's the deal?
Quote:
Hey everyone

I've been on Stillmans plan a few times before and it's always worked for me so I'm ready to get back on it. I found the original 14 day shapeup book on Amazon and just finished rereading it, I started yesterday and already lost a little over 3lbs as of this morning I know this thread is nearing the end of the month but I just wanted to get started.
CY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Momto!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #1011
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
just throwin' this out there....there is no vatying degrees of ketosis. You're either in it or not.

Sounds like the refeed worked Ailu, so keep on doing!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #1012
Major LCF Poster!

What I ate today:

4 HB Eggs
6 oz. Stillman Lasagna
Tuna w/2 Sliced Tomatoes and Ranch Dressing
64 oz. Water w/2 HP Singles
Old 06-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #1013
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailuj5 View Post
This weekend-- I'm in!

WE CAN DO THIS LADIES!!!

I got right back on it today, I'm being super strict Stillman's, and I'm gonna lose these last 15-20 pounds by the time school starts. I just KNOW IT.

I just ate a mixed scrambled bowl of egg beaters, tuna, half a slice of Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb (I need to have a little cheese on this and so far it's still working for me), ground pepper and hot sauce. Mmm mm mmm

Keep at it everyone!
Great Job. .You know your body and I think we all know the meaning of a real "Cheat" and a little treat! What you ate won't kill you (and in fact may inspire your body to metabolize OT!). . whatever the case, it worked and you got over the hard part (QWL was only supposed to be for 2 weeks anyway and I think a lot of us have stretched that into months. ).

I do believe you have to keep your body guessing to keep it on its toes. . The important thing is. .you got right back on. .

Here's to a great weekend for all of us!!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #1014
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Quick question ladies, normally when I do Stillmans I get the flavored no cal no carb water which I will probably restock on tomorrow but my question is about the Crystal Light or Hawaiian Punch sugar free single packs would it be ok to use them?
I think you'll have to listen to your body on this one. I know peeps who use CL all the time and lose like Crazy. . I know that it stalls some of us, too. .just like Caffeine. .

for me, I try to lean toward more water but I do sneak in the flavored ones, too. .

Have you tried the new water enhancer "Milo" in the little squeeze bottle. . OMG> . its too die for. . I am sure it is full of stuff. but the print is sooo small I can barely read it. .
Old 06-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #1015
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's to Weekend Warriors!!!! Yip. .yip. . We promise to be true not only to ourselves, but to our low carb friends who are counting on us to be strong!!!

Cy
Mom
Me
Als. .
Ailuj5
Old 06-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #1016
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just ate my grilled pork . to the bone!!! I'm so delicate and lady like. . slurp. slup. .
Old 06-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #1017
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. Al. enough hiding. .I'm putting you on the official MIA list. . I plan to kick you in the hiney upon your return. . being gone this long only means bad things. .

Come on. .we need another weekender!!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #1018
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. gonna move more rocks. .(Did I tell you peeps I got hubby a dump truck load of rocks for father's day??!!) He was sooo thrilled. . actually , . we've been working on them little by little every night. He finished my waterfall over the weekend and I'm working on building a rock wall across the front of my house. '

The pile looks like we haven't touched it yet. . OMG> . I may have gone overboard this time. .
Old 06-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #1019
Senior LCF Member

Definitely in, weekend warriors unite!!! We can do this!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #1020
Senior LCF Member

And the pork tenderloin I made is amazing!! Ended up broiling it since it started raining here, the recipe is on the Dukan It out site which rocks!! Every recipe I have tried from that site is awesome and low fat. I made the maple chipotle pork tenderloin.
Closed Thread