Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #931
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I also had this other idea.. was gonna put the two kids in camp the same week hubby and I take off from work. just an idea, not saying Im gonna do it!!! I can be such a bad mom.. lol
Evil!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2011, 10:13 AM   #932
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Al--ya gotta start loving shopping!!! And it's great exercise-I read you can burn 600cals an hour just trying stuff on!!!!
Ok I always loved shopping -I adore it!! The girl from Shopaholic--that's me!!!!
But when I weighed ehem more!!! I hated clothes shopping-I mean I barely did it!! Now homewares store--oh yeah I gave them a lot of my business!! Embarrassingly, at my biggest, I could probably count the items I owned on my hands!
But seriously Al-now we can basically wear anything we want!! I mean like any other girl who's never had weight problems, if ya get me!, ok not every single thing suits every single girl-----but come on girl you have a great figure!!! You should get in those stores!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #933
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh another thing about my shopping habit--I loooooove magazines!! I do!!!! But again in my larger days I never even wanted to buy a fashion one! I'd pretend I had no interest in them but I did! It was just I knew nothing in them would fit me or look any way half decent..........so I developed a new mega love of home ones!!!! (ok granted around that time we bought our first apartment!) but now there's only one I still get--It's like the Vogue of interiors--I drool at the designer furniture.......then toddle to IKEA to see if I can get something similar!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #934
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Says she with clothes in style, that fit!!! Love ya, GT!! I will think about this over and over though, because you are right.
Anything I have would fit you too!!

Hmmm I have to keep repeating that scale mantra to myself!!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #935
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
YOu always know just what to say ..
i usually don't!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #936
Big Yapper!!!!

Just thought this was a great post!!
Two things that a very wise long time maintainer (and if you want good advice make sure to ask someone who has done it for years) @ LCF once told me.

1. What you are eating to lose to goal is basically what you will be eating to remain at goal. Don't try to force off the last few pounds thinking that you can eat more and add more when you get there. Goal is not the end of the journey, it is just a point of interest on the tour. Remain calm (believe me, I know it is frustrating) and stick with the plan unless you are willing to cut and cut more until there is nothing else to cut. It all comes down to a point of how you are willing to eat/live the rest of your days.

2. Goal is not a magical land of lollypops and roses. It requires more thought, hard work and diligence to stay at a goal than it does to get there in the first place. Goal should be a "range" that you are comfortable with: Plus or minus a few pounds. Your weight will never be "static." You will not wake up everyday and be the same weight. Something as simple as a hormonal change, a hot day or too much sodium in a meal can cause a fluctuation. It is nothing to freak out about. It is normal.

ETA: One more thing. If you see yourself gaining more than just a few pounds (your normal fluctuation) get a handle on it immediately. Go back to being strict until it gets back to normal. Don't think "Oh, I can do what I want. If I gain, I can lose it right away." I think there is enough evidence just here in the Main Lobby that it just doesn't work that way!

225 6/07 to 147 11/07 1st goal!
135 9/09
90 lbs gone!
Last edited by jo2621; 06-24-2011 at 05:06 PM..
Old 06-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #937
Big Yapper!!!!

Great!!! I'm gonna be on 600cals of tuna and chicken for life so!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:50 AM   #938
Big Yapper!!!!

Another one!!!

I have maintained my 130lb loss for almost 6 years now. Being a tad bit obsessive iswhat has helped me. Everything everyone has saidis so true. You cannot get too lax or too lazy and think oh I can lose it. If you see the scale starting to creep up over that limit you have put the breaks on immediately. It has happened to me a few times over these las few years and it wil always I'm sure. Its ok as long as you stop it and don't end up 20lbs 30lbs 40lbs over goal. The journey losing the weight was wonderful and rewarding but maintaining is no picnic. It is work everyday. It takes being a little OCD. My good friends and family that know how I eat call me the lowcarb ****. I am proud of that. Everyone knows how serious I am about the way I eat and most support it now. Not always in the beginning. That is tough too. Sticking to this when you are at a family function and all everyone wants is to see you eat all of that carby stuff. Stay strong and it will pay off.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #939
Big Yapper!!!!

More!!

The single, most important piece of advice I had was: "Find what works for you & a WOE that you can live with forever".

And, let me repeat what many others have said, "maintaining requires constant vigilance & is at least as difficult as losing was".
Old 06-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #940
Big Yapper!!!!

I agree totally with having to be a little OCD!! You have to be to maintain, I think. You have to weigh and measure regularly. And be diligent about sticking to the plan 95% of the time. I think none of us are ever gonna be able to do QWL every single day for the rest of our lives--we do have to actually have a life that doesn't evolve solely around dieting and weight watching!(it's hard!!) i think it's extremely important to plan ahead-as in always have something of your own with you to eat. For me I find I just don't care what people think about how I eat anymore. Even if that means being in a café for lunch etc and taking out my cottage cheese to eat with my tea or coffee. In those types of places it's carb city!! I actually carry (ok major confession!) a childs size plastic fork and spoon set with me in my purse at all times so then if I'm hungry I can buy something quickly in a supermarket when I'm out and about!! I would've got an adults size one but these are shorter and handier-plus being white with pink spots helps!!!
Now that's slightly OCD but it works. I would never do that at night in a restaurant BTW!!! It just helps day to day when you're not at home for all your meals!!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #941
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
I didn't drink enough water for the two days in this week, experienced fluid retention, and my weight went from 123 to 123.2 to 123.4. I then drank a TON of water yesterday, went to the bathroom 3x yesterday night, and lost to 122.8 from 123.4!
And taking a calcium and magnesium supplement really did help my muscle pains too.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #942
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrissym
Stats: 140/133/120...5'2"
WOE: 1st 5 lbs w/Stillman's rest Stillman's w/HCG
Start Date: July 4, 2011
ok, so I think I am on my feet again. I had a strange nasal/lung infection this last week. I needed to catch up on sleep this last 4 days too. I guess the month of June was a bit busy with 3 jobs, now that I look back. No wonder I was so tired and run down. LOL. I'm not 24 any more. One more week of tutoring, subbing done until September, now just the one job at night to deal with. Sorry to have been absent a few days.

So, I am going to be able to do this a bit better now I think. I just spent some time going over your old posts. I need to go through a mental change with this plan. There is a part of me that doesn't want the bondage of dieting. But if I don't,,,I get fat as hell. I need to get to the place in my head where I say, "Just one day at a time with this, but stick to it fully today. Let tomorrow take care of itself" I have been so self indulgent with fats and carbs (sugar). I need to realize I've been harming myself. I am so glad I am in the place of realizing this all now. I'd rather do this now at 25 pounds overweight than 130 pounds. Thank you all for the wisdom you are sharing. Looking forward to growing up and doing what's right. OCD, here I come. LOL.

I need to go through a serious clean out and remove things that I will use to sabotage myself. The food bank always needs donations. 2 times now I have packed up a box and then at night put it back in the cupboard and then sure enough, 3 hours later I am eating carbs and fat together. I need to do this and not be whimpy about it. OCD, help me now!!!

Have a great day, ladies.

Have a wonderful day!

chrissym
Old 06-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #943
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissym View Post
ok, so I think I am on my feet again. I had a strange nasal/lung infection this last week. I needed to catch up on sleep this last 4 days too. I guess the month of June was a bit busy with 3 jobs, now that I look back. No wonder I was so tired and run down. LOL. I'm not 24 any more. One more week of tutoring, subbing done until September, now just the one job at night to deal with. Sorry to have been absent a few days.

So, I am going to be able to do this a bit better now I think. I just spent some time going over your old posts. I need to go through a mental change with this plan. There is a part of me that doesn't want the bondage of dieting. But if I don't,,,I get fat as hell. I need to get to the place in my head where I say, "Just one day at a time with this, but stick to it fully today. Let tomorrow take care of itself" I have been so self indulgent with fats and carbs (sugar). I need to realize I've been harming myself. I am so glad I am in the place of realizing this all now. I'd rather do this now at 25 pounds overweight than 130 pounds. Thank you all for the wisdom you are sharing. Looking forward to growing up and doing what's right. OCD, here I come. LOL.

I need to go through a serious clean out and remove things that I will use to sabotage myself. The food bank always needs donations. 2 times now I have packed up a box and then at night put it back in the cupboard and then sure enough, 3 hours later I am eating carbs and fat together. I need to do this and not be whimpy about it. OCD, help me now!!!

Have a great day, ladies.
I hear ya, C! I've done many of the same things. . but I too, am thankful that I'm thinking seriously about doing something before it even gets more out of hand! Anyway. . I am on my second non-cheat day. . and I don't geel too terrible. My kids will be at camp (in one form or the other ) so I plan NOT to cook all week. . nothing to tempt myself. Of course, my oldest was cooking french fries when I got home today! Eeerrggg . two more good days and I should have it licked!!! TOM has paid a visit in the worst way, too. . so maybe I'll just sleep it off. .
Old 06-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #944
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
I didn't drink enough water for the two days in this week, experienced fluid retention, and my weight went from 123 to 123.2 to 123.4. I then drank a TON of water yesterday, went to the bathroom 3x yesterday night, and lost to 122.8 from 123.4!
And taking a calcium and magnesium supplement really did help my muscle pains too.
to a new low!!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #945
Big Yapper!!!!

Chrissy-you sound as though you're all ready to go!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #946
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning peeps!! Watched Bridewars last night with some girlfriends-funny!! Too funny when Anne Hathaway's character kept sending cookies and chocolate to Kate Hudson's character so she'd gain!! And when the shop assistant goes-don't gain any weight before the wedding, you don't alter a Vera Wang gown, you alter yourself to fit Vera!!!
There was chips and Haribo-I resisted!! Sat there and chewed 3 pieces of sf fruity gum!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:21 AM   #947
Big Yapper!!!!

Was reading other threads yesterday and 2 things struck me!!
I thought it before ok but after reading people's experiences I can't believe how lucky I've been with loose skin. I don't really have any. Ok my bust wouldn't be great, it's def not 'perky' either, and just a small bit on the inside of my upper arms-but that tightens up daily-actually press-ups are amazing for that!! and a tiny bit just above my left knee(not my right-weird!!) , but it's hardly noticeable to anyone else just to me. But on the board it just seems like anyone that has lost a lot of weight has it. And what's scary is how 'little' that is-like 40 or 50 lbs. The amount of people that have had thigh and arm and whole body (ouch) lifts amazes me. It also amazes me how many people get lifts done when it's obvious from stats and pics that they are no where near goal. I wonder why surgeons would do that-I mean wouldn't you need it done again when you lost more? Honest to God I do thank my Mum's good genes cos I have no other way of explaining it.

The other thing I noticed is---ok if I'm being really harsh---then how 'deluded' people are about their weight---or if I'm being more polite---how peoples' idea of what constitues a good figure varies so much. People post pics and say I'm totally at goal, I'm so thin, I work out every day and you can see my muscles etc...... and I look at the pics and stats and think no, if I saw you I would think you def needed to lose weight, and eh where are these muscles?? And then other people write in and say wow you look so good, you're so thin, you totally don't need to lose anymore!! I dunno about everyone else, but I think someone weighing 190lbs at 5'8 is no where near thin, or even slim. Actually I don't even think it's healthy. I'm not being harsh about people's achievements, it's just I do wonder have we become so used to seeing overweight people and are so worried about being seen to endorse the 'Hollywood ideal' that we really do have a skewed attitude to what slim, thin and healthy is. And I know I'm a perfectionist-and yeah I know that's not always a good thing but I do honestly think some people have very little idea about what their body looks like.
My thoughts for the day!!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #948
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Was reading other threads yesterday and 2 things struck me!!
I thought it before ok but after reading people's experiences I can't believe how lucky I've been with loose skin. I don't really have any. Ok my bust wouldn't be great, it's def not 'perky' either, and just a small bit on the inside of my upper arms-but that tightens up daily-actually press-ups are amazing for that!! and a tiny bit just above my left knee(not my right-weird!!) , but it's hardly noticeable to anyone else just to me. But on the board it just seems like anyone that has lost a lot of weight has it. And what's scary is how 'little' that is-like 40 or 50 lbs. The amount of people that have had thigh and arm and whole body (ouch) lifts amazes me. It also amazes me how many people get lifts done when it's obvious from stats and pics that they are no where near goal. I wonder why surgeons would do that-I mean wouldn't you need it done again when you lost more? Honest to God I do thank my Mum's good genes cos I have no other way of explaining it.

The other thing I noticed is---ok if I'm being really harsh---then how 'deluded' people are about their weight---or if I'm being more polite---how peoples' idea of what constitues a good figure varies so much. People post pics and say I'm totally at goal, I'm so thin, I work out every day and you can see my muscles etc...... and I look at the pics and stats and think no, if I saw you I would think you def needed to lose weight, and eh where are these muscles?? And then other people write in and say wow you look so good, you're so thin, you totally don't need to lose anymore!! I dunno about everyone else, but I think someone weighing 190lbs at 5'8 is no where near thin, or even slim. Actually I don't even think it's healthy. I'm not being harsh about people's achievements, it's just I do wonder have we become so used to seeing overweight people and are so worried about being seen to endorse the 'Hollywood ideal' that we really do have a skewed attitude to what slim, thin and healthy is. And I know I'm a perfectionist-and yeah I know that's not always a good thing but I do honestly think some people have very little idea about what their body looks like.
My thoughts for the day!!
GT, I have to say I was amused by this post but found it a bit unkind, uncharacteristically so since you are usually very supportive. I'm not sure why you would want to undermine other women feeling a bit better about themselves!?!

C'mon GT you have already stated that your ideal figure is Kate Moss at her emaciated best, the height of her heroin chic phase, where she basically resembles a prepubescent boy with tiny breasts. Also, you love how the Superskinnies look - even though they usually weigh 93lbs. I totally get the appeal of the waif look, but for most over 14 year olds, that's an impossible goal to achieve - unless you love cigarettes, black coffee, and all the ice cubes you can eat. There's something great about making peace with the natural shape you have. You have your ideal figure in mind, but some women may have different ideal figures than yours.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:11 AM   #949
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amen, Sista!

I believe in being healthy and feeling great about yourself. I'm not trying to be stick thin. .gave that up years ago as it was never, ever going to happen.. I would love not to be so highly critical of myself but if I ever get to the point that I like what I see in the mirror. . I'll know I've achieved what I set out to do. Numbers don't mean a whole lot to me (although I am a slave to my scale. .).. I really, really, really believe it's all a mindset. I have other stuff going on in my life so the weight issues don't help :-)

I have a good friend who is not thin but she isn't obese either and she loves herself. .the way she looks and is always the life of the party! She rarely has a down day and she's always smiling! That, my friends, is what I want! I just want to feel good and the looking good doesn't hurt!! I often wonder if I lose all the weight if I'll be truly happy with myself. . .(but I guess I gotta get there to tell you that!)

I think more of us are warped into thinking that the emancipated look is the way to go.. it's not and it's so very sad that society keeps pushing young girls that way. . body issues start young and follow you the rest of your life. .(Unfortunately, we all know that or we wouldn't be here. .). .There are days I read what's posted on this and other threads and wonder. . does it ever stop? are we ever really satisfied? Sad.. but I'm on the same roller coaster. . So many thin peeps trying to get thinner. . . (((sigh))) just my two cents. .

I don't know the answers. . but I am glad we all feel comfortable to air our thoughts even if others don't agree. .

On that note: I'm on day 3.. weight was back up again but I won't give up. .I DID NOT Cheat yesterday but will consider it TOM and salt weight..

2 boiled eggs with a sprinkle of dried celery seasoning down and one 32 oz of water and 2 black coffee. . (cough, cough)
Old 06-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #950
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

we also have to remember what our bodies have done for us and what they do for us every day! Mine gave me 4 beautiful babies and a lot of stretch marks as a bonus! I will never hate those marks because it is a reminder to me of all the wonderful work my body does.. .It gets me up every morning and puts me to bed every night! I gotta learn to love it all!!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #951
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrissym
Stats: 140/133/120...5'2"
WOE: 1st 5 lbs w/Stillman's rest Stillman's w/HCG
Start Date: July 4, 2011
I think the key for me is to be in the place to not turn to food to be my source. I lose a lot of weight when I am walking in peace and trusting God to take good care of me (because He loves me) and holding no bitterness or fear, or panic, or unforgiveness in my heart. When I am not walking in peace, I tend to eat more frantically, sabotage myself, get too self-focussed, judge the people in my life, isolate, stay home and just watch tv...all prerequisites for gaining weight. I look the way I am supposed to look when I have walked consistently in peace for a good period of time. The scale actually falls regularly as I walk consistently in faith. I don't care about being anything less than 125. At 5'2" that gives me nice curves and I think it is perfect for a woman to have curves. My clothes fit then and I feel beautiful then. It's only 10 pounds away. I know I am beautiful regardless in God's eyes. His opinion is all that matters in my heart. He looks on the heart, Yes I need to take care of my body and treat it with respect so it serves me and the others around me well. But I want to turn my focus onto being a good person and walking in love towards others and my own self. Then the weight will take care of itself. I love that we are passionate and want to find a plan that is healthy and good and actually works. That is one of the good ways to love ourselves.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #952
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
GT, I have to say I was amused by this post but found it a bit unkind, uncharacteristically so since you are usually very supportive. I'm not sure why you would want to undermine other women feeling a bit better about themselves!?!

C'mon GT you have already stated that your ideal figure is Kate Moss at her emaciated best, the height of her heroin chic phase, where she basically resembles a prepubescent boy with tiny breasts. Also, you love how the Superskinnies look - even though they usually weigh 93lbs. I totally get the appeal of the waif look, but for most over 14 year olds, that's an impossible goal to achieve - unless you love cigarettes, black coffee, and all the ice cubes you can eat. There's something great about making peace with the natural shape you have. You have your ideal figure in mind, but some women may have different ideal figures than yours.
I'm sorry that came across harsh.
For the record I was being slightly flippant when I said I would have taken Tanya's friend's 'heroine chic' remark as a compliment. Of course I don't think that's a good look-and if it's achieved in such a way then of course it's unhealthy-I'm not totally thick!
And yes I definitely agree that everyone's ideal is not the same. I have never thought differently. I have always said the look I prefer on ME-is the slightly thinner look.
But an overweight figure is far from being an 'ideal one'.
It is good to make peace with your 'natural shape' as you put it, but I do not think that being overweight can be classified as a 'natural shape'. It just isn't. And again,I have made peace with mine. I know I have an hourglass figure, some days I def would prefer a more boyish shape so I would have smaller hips, but then I think ok, hey cos I'm hourglass I've got my teeny waist!!
A natural shape is not the same as being overweight or having a too high body fat percentage-whether you weigh 150, 250 or 350 lbs you will always have your natural shape.
I always give encouragement to people who have lost-some people on this thread are truly awe inspiring.
I was referring though to people who were nowhere near an ideal weight for their height, or looked as though they had a good body fat percentage and were saying they were completely at goal and didn't need, not want, to lose anymore. And what shocked me more were the replies that agreed wholeheartedly.
Not everyone has to be a size 0 etc,(again being flippant) but overweight, a high BMI or more importantly a high body fat percentage is not healthy-period.
And just like in Hollywood where the ideal of what a healthy weight is, is dangerous, so too is our perception of what's healthy.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #953
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Amen, Sista!

I think more of us are warped into thinking that the emancipated look is the way to go.. it's not and it's so very sad that society keeps pushing young girls that way.
Yes but have you also noticed the suble changes in describing women's figures? What used to be overweight it now 'curvy'.
Just as dangerous in telling young girls that stick thin is the only way to be, is also the message that it's ok to be overweight.
Curvy is a natural shape-but not when it's used instead of overweight.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #954
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Vacation around the corner

Leaving for our tropical vacation in 3 days
This weekend I was not very good with my eating( as in chicken nuggets and hamburgers and pizza), but fortunately not so overboard that I cant even it all out over the next few days. My weight did not spike, so now I need to hold on and stay even. I weigh in tommorow so we will see what it looks like, I took my measurement and they are all the same, i was scared to get on the scale though today, so I postponed it until tuesday morning.

I am doing stillmans strict this week Monday to Thursday and drinking more water just to be sure my

In the meantime, I have to figure out an eating plan for this vacay.
I know I cant just go crazy and eat everything because that will upset my stomach and how I can have fun if I am sick?
I think I will do mostly salads and low carb veggies and meat and enjoy some desert at our sit down dinner, we arent at an all inclusive so I wont have unlimited drinks available so I can stick with my vodka drinks and some wine.. There is also a fitness center so if I start to panic and feel that "eating too much anxiety" I can just go do a bit of cardio to calm my nerves. On Saturday after I had a slice of pizza ( not thin crust but the full on real deal pizza), I literally had an anxiety attack to the point where I had to take one of my rx pills...what a mess... I thought I was ready but I am not sure I am...this maintain program is very hard and works a job on your mind. You know its totally ok to have the 1 slice, but once i ate the slice, my body begain to panic..I could hardly digest it....

Everyone is making me feel stupid because I dont want to just go nuts and splurge on the vacation... no one understands why I dont want to try to taste a few good things, but not just make this a big hot mess party...it will be fun, but I like my new figure and I am not willing to gain 10 lbs and get sick out of the country! Why would I Do that?

ok sorry, my VENT is now over...now I get to enjoy a week of Stillmans prior to setting sail

-Tanya
Old 06-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #955
Big Yapper!!!!

I so wouldn't go nuts either!! What good will the vacation be if when you come back you're so depressed for 3 weeks that you've gained. The rest and relaxation would be cancelled out!!
I wouldn't bother telling everyone what you are or what you're not eating. It's none of their business and talking about it is obviously adding to your stress. The less said the better. So instead of saying oh I can't have this or whatever-it draws attention to the fact you're not eating the same as everyone else,look with a huge smile at salad or tuna or steak or whatever and say things like, oh I really love salad, i love the energy I get from it etc.--you get the point!!!
And I know you like having a plan. Hey me too! It makes me feel in control! So why don't you plan your 'cheats'. Decide on when will you have something nice------1 treat-every second day or 1 treat everyday--you know what's best for you-as in which will, or won't make you gain. And then stick to that. Again with the gym-say to yourself you'll go every second day. (I, personally wouldn't say to myself I'd go every day, because I'd feel I'd 'failed' if I didn't go and for me that could be dangerous!!)
The easiest one --for your sanity anyway--is probably one small treat a day-something you don't get at home maybe--and then the gym every second day.
But after that though, you'll be swimming etc so you'll probably find you're actually more active than from 9-5 at home!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #956
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I so wouldn't go nuts either!! What good will the vacation be if when you come back you're so depressed for 3 weeks that you've gained. The rest and relaxation would be cancelled out!!
I wouldn't bother telling everyone what you are or what you're not eating. It's none of their business and talking about it is obviously adding to your stress. The less said the better. So instead of saying oh I can't have this or whatever-it draws attention to the fact you're not eating the same as everyone else,look with a huge smile at salad or tuna or steak or whatever and say things like, oh I really love salad, i love the energy I get from it etc.--you get the point!!!
And I know you like having a plan. Hey me too! It makes me feel in control! So why don't you plan your 'cheats'. Decide on when will you have something nice------1 treat-every second day or 1 treat everyday--you know what's best for you-as in which will, or won't make you gain. And then stick to that. Again with the gym-say to yourself you'll go every second day. (I, personally wouldn't say to myself I'd go every day, because I'd feel I'd 'failed' if I didn't go and for me that could be dangerous!!)
The easiest one --for your sanity anyway--is probably one small treat a day-something you don't get at home maybe--and then the gym every second day.
But after that though, you'll be swimming etc so you'll probably find you're actually more active than from 9-5 at home!
Yes Gt

That is a solid plan
And trust me I am not offering info to anyone about my eating plan. I am just being asked by my friends if I intend to splurge on the vacation since the wedding is over. I just tell them " oh maybe a little" And then I leave it at that.

I think working out every other day, plus the walking and normal rigors of the vacation will help burn plenty of calories each day. I also like the idea of allowing the treat every other day instead of allowing every day to be a free-for-all..I almost always suceed when I have a plan.
I believe this will be a solid test of my will and strength
if I can come back from the trip, still within the desired goal range, I will know I am really in this to win this...
Old 06-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #957
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post

VIV

I do agree with this. We all have our diff goal and ideals. And that changes with time.
I am not sure I understand why anyone would want the emaciated look either but I guess to each is own.
PEople tell me that I look like skin and bones, and I know with 100% certainty that is not true but that just goes to show that the look is in the eye of the beholder at all times. I dont think a starved or druggy look is going to look good, no matter what your height or cultural background..

-Tanya
Old 06-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #958
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm reckoning you're the kind of girl who loves succeding at test so you'll pass this with flying colours!!!!
Plus being able to tell us you can maintain perfectly will spurr you on!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #959
Big Yapper!!!!

The emaciated druggy look is unhealthy.
Everyone here on this thread will agree with that.
The overweight look is also unhealthy.
Why then will noone agree with that?!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #960
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I am not sure I understand why anyone would want the emaciated look either but I guess to each is own.
Hmmmm i wonder though do you, secretly, sometimes. It's like Hamlet--- the lady does protest too much, me thinks.

Editing to say--not he emaciated look--noone wants that--but to be 'bonier'.

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 06-27-2011 at 12:21 PM..
Closed Thread