Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Es! thanks for checking in! tomorrow you shall be the queen of all wooshes. . .Go. .go. .go.. .Al has nothing on you. .

OK. gals. . I broke down and took an Advil PM X 2. I plan to sleep like a baby tonight so if I'm typing and talking all goofy. . just ignore me. .I will be myself in the morning. .all bright eyed and bushy tailed . Just wondering what the heck I can wear to my big meeting in the morning. . My fake spanx isn't holding my underarm flab in very securely and my back fat is driving me up the wall.. Doncha just hate back fat? I hate it almost as much as I hate trying to lift the girls to new heights, when my bra clearly has a different agenda. . . . the price we must pay to look gorgeous these days. .

guess I'll have to bust out some Shiny black heels and something wth polka dots in it. . How can anyone not be happy wearing dots?

See. .I knew you guys would help. . Huggs and more huggs. .talk to you tomorrow. .

Al! I sure hope you had a great time with your Mommy tonight. Cherish those moments. . they go by much too quickly. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-01-2011 at 07:45 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 234.5---->125
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: March 1, 2014
Thanks PureKitten and IM...you all really ARE supportive and understanding

I think this past cheat has really made me realize that I will lose my willpower and gain weight immediately if I don't stay vigilant...I think I'm guilty of sometimes living in the past when I never had to give one moment's thought about what I put in my mouth...what's the old saying?..."The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again, each time expecting a different outcome"...that's so me...I just can't seem to get it in my thick head that I can no longer eat what I want, when I want without paying a huge price...

Anywhoo, thanks again and I'll see y'all in the morning!

P.S. IM...I HATE to exercise too!...and I just shelled out over $500 for a membership to a new gym here where I live...I sure hope I can find a way to start liking it!

B
Old 06-02-2011, 12:36 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I'm serious about the polka dots. . OMG> . this would complete me! Hehehehe
looooooooooooooove polka dots! Have piles of things with them!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:42 AM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Brum--welcome back!! Don't worry about the gain---keep it strict this week and you could drop 10!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:42 AM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2---hate back fat too--I seriously wonder is mine ever gonna go away!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:54 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Gals'. It is a beautiful morning and I'm ready to knock 'em dead today . Coffee check. Vitamins check. (have you been taking yours? You need them, your body needs them!) morning going great when all of a sudden. Brick wall! Just like that . I hit it. The dreaded scale! 170! 1 stupid 7-0! I knew it was bad but seriously and that Ed restarting my diet every day

Sigh. Ok time to get serious with egg whites in hand, I shall conquer today . . One meal at a time.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:57 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

what is your plan for today? Yes you, the lurker. Come out and join us. Let's do this together!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:08 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

morning gt. I see your light on! I got up at 5;30 this morning as I was dreaming of all things kitty!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:34 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry for hijacking the thread! I'm just hoping all your good vibes rush through my fingertips and give me strength today!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:07 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I saw Kitty saucepans!!!! Pink polka dot ones!! I think I might need them.........ya know, cos I do sooooo much cooking!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier On View Post
Gallbladder attack
Hello LC Friends,

I see lots of "soldiering on" for weight loss in the last week May weigh-in. June is here! Thanks for updating the site. Does this go to CCGirl?

Here's a curiosity for ya! On May 21, without any warning or previous distress (except a mini "gas" attack 8 months ago), I had a gallbladder attack at an all expenses paid business trip to Universal Studios in Florida, during the Terminator 2 ride mind you--a free trip, 4 days, hotel, food and theme parks . The problem could not be resolved except it be REMOVED!! Pain and suffering so far away from home. The only eating I did mostly different was lots of eggs and coconut oil - 4 tbs per day in choco bark, but I think I will really have to go lower fat since I get twinges.

I am mostly better now except I lost my appetite. They tell me I can eat anything I want, fat included. I still eat the coconut oil with no problems, I think!! I think they tell me this so I can find out quicker what I can't eat. Hence, I have lost 6 pounds for the 5/30 weigh in, 3 lbs since 5/31 (211), and am closer to my goal---the really hard way--but it feels like cheating. By the way, they took my gallbladder out through a small incision near my navel. Cool!

All thoughts and commiserations are welcomed.

Still Soldiering On - Special Forces Covert Op!! Target Date: 6/30/2011
O girl gall bladder sux........ feel better soon!

Yay Al enjoy Mom!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:20 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Vintageously View Post
Well...I'm into old movies, big band and swing music, vintage clothing and vintage clothing patterns - I love it all!! I used to be really into the '30s & '40s for movies. But lately I've switched gears and I'm really enjoying '50s & 60's stuff. There's a few things I like about the 1970s & 80s. but for the most part, I like the late 1920s - 1960s.

What are your favorites?
loooove old movies and none of my furniture is newer than the forties.......think Early American like the finished house in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.
I'm a china, silver and glass hound. I have a huge Pyrex/Corning Ware collection which I sell from time to time on Ebay.
BF collects early Cub Cadet lawn tractors from the 60s and 70s, which he restores and I sell parts here and there on the bay.
Quote:
Vintageous!!!

I love Vintage too. . . in fact I"m at war with myself right now. . I just bought the cutest ever dressing table and bench with a lovely mirror and I've been struggling all week with whether to keep it or not. . (It was my sister in law's great great G'mas) It really is a beaut but I just don't have the room for it. . (Unless of course, I ditch the weight machine, broken treadmill and the old pump organ. . ). . Goodness. .what to do . . what to do. . .

As the other gals know. . I have been forbidden from ever setting foot into an antique shop, ever attending one of the biggest antique shows in our state and never, ever am I to google keyword "Old, Antique, Vintage. . on Ebay. . .so. . I've since switched gears to Hello Kitty. . (I have all boys so it drives them nuts when I have a pink phone, lap top. .radio, etc. . it guarantees that they don't take them - well. . almost!). .

Anyway. . just checking in and making sure you guys are as fired up as I am . .

JUNE IS THE MONTH FOR WINNERS!

Hey Al. . thanks for the gentle prodding. . I'm Baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!
ditch the weight machine, broken treadmill, sell the organ..........IM, you know you have to keep it, it's family!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrumbyBabe View Post
Hi Folks!

Well I was all gung ho in May and signed up for the weekly weigh-in thread but fell so far off the wagon after the first week I went and hid under a rock for the rest of the month! :blush:

Sad to say, I gained over 11 pounds (once I cheated I went completely insane and pigged out daily for 3 weeks...won't do that again!)

So here I am, baaaack with a new attitude and a renewed determination to get this lard off me!

My beginning weight this morning was 216.5 (uggggghhhh) and that's down compared to what I was just last week! (221)

Oh and here's a snapshot of my background:

Weighed around 110-115 pounds since about the 10th grade (I'm 49 years old now and 5'4" tall), until 2001, when I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer...had surgery and a round of chemo that was completed right before the September 11th bombings...right after that I started gaining weight like nobody's business and within 6 months of my surgery/chemo I weighed 168 pounds!...tried my best to slow down the weight gain but by 2005 I weighed over 225 pounds!...added tennis and walking to my rountine and was able to get down to around 185 until this past Christmas when we had several unexpected deaths in the family and before I realized what had happened I was back up to 215 pounds by April...I went on Stillman's in April, lost back down to 199 but then blew it the last week and ended back up again to 217 by May 1st...as I already explained earlier, I blew it AGAIN after the 1st week in May and here I am once again...

Any and all thoughts, suggestions and/or recommendations gratefully accepted

Brum
well, there's a ride no one wants to be on. But we all are survivors.......thank your deity of choice here.

If you gained while eating abnormally (non low carb) then there's your answer.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:24 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: essence
Stats: 268/268/175
WOE: protein power/atkin 72
Start Date: December 3, 2013
Yeah running out the house to go to work guess what my scale said 206!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:24 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I haven't posted these in awhile so will now for the rookies.

No matter what you've read about LC, you should read these. It affirms without question that LC is for life.

What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie? - NYTimes.com

and the true facts about LC, please read everything you can on his site.

Online Nutritional Information and Facts - Second Opinions

and the one statement that made me realize there is no normal human diet that includes grain...

At age 62 my wife, Monica, is fit and healthy, eating as much as she wants. She is 5 ft 6 ins tall and weighs just 124 lbs. When a friend, who has been on and off diets for most of her life, found that we lived the way I write about in Eat Fat, Get Thin! she said to Monica: “do you mean you have been dieting for thirty-six years?”

Monica’s answer was, “No, we have been eating normally for thirty-six years!”

-Dr. Barry Groves

Last edited by CCGirl; 06-02-2011 at 04:46 AM..
Old 06-02-2011, 04:25 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yay ess! Onederland next week!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:39 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

whew! I knew it was the salt from the sausage.......back to 167 so cool, I am not gaining with mum here.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:12 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 234.5---->125
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: March 1, 2014
Good Morning!

Just weighed and I'm down 2.5 pounds!!!

And thanks CC for the newbie reading material...I shall read it as soon as possible.

Congrats Essence! And would you (or anybody else for that matter) consider posting some daily menus that I could check out?

Thanks everyone and have a great day!

Brum
Old 06-02-2011, 05:26 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
well well well, a June thread. I can't beleive I am still hanging in here on Stillmans plan. I was sure after 30 days I would have thrown in the towel, I feel like now that its been a while, I don't even think of myself as being on a "diet" Anymore. I automatically eat Stillman friendly and I don't even think twice.

I was anxious because of going to all these weddings and family outings,NBA Playoff parties... but I think having these outings during early stages of Stillmans has helped me prepare fo rmaintaining. Even with the cheats, the very next I was right back on the Stillmans wagon, so therfore I never have experience any real gain ( including from cake, cheese, veggies, sugar free gum and mints, fatty meats, alcohol etc etc). I never have just pigged out or binged on anything since March, but I have loosened up a little ( for example, I had a bite of a waffle on Saturday and a small salad plus filet mignon and cake at the wedding). My weight has not increased and this with very minimal exercise.

Maybe the wedding season has been a blessing in disguise, it has forced me to learn to make wise choices while presented with all different types of food and not just sitting at home with my tuna in my comfort zone ( like ive been doing this week!)

I feel confident that I can move forward into maintenance and be strong and smart about my food decisions. ( after the honeymoon of course)

At the Memorial Day party, I did not cheat and I proudly walked around in my bikini while everyone kept on their cover-ups and t shirts. It was a proud moment.

Now my wedding is coming up and I am over the moon about having my dress fit great and to actually be at goal for the big day.
My weight levels between 135.6 and 136, so i am sure by Saturday I will be resting easily at 135.0

Today will be the last day I weigh in because we are going out of town and I wont have a scale handy, and I think thats a good thing...although I have this measuring tape I keep in my purse and I have become a little pscyho about measuring my hips and waist with the tape when I dont have a scale....ugh, I am trying to break the habit.

the other day I became panicked because I thought I looked larger for some reason, so I took out the tape, and it was fine, then checked the scale and it was also fine, so I was thinking, could I be imagining things and simply driving myself insane?

Anyway, enough of that.

Everyone new to Stillmans, be sure to eat enough food, chicken, eggs, etc etc, to keep your strength up..last week I didnt eat enough, primarily because my appetite has been nonexistent, but I felt tired, cranky and very weak! You dont want that to happen

This week I feel better, turkey burgers, chicken breasts, tuna, shrimps, eggs!

Stillman Friendly Business!!!

Keep up the good work everyone...Wish me luck for this crazy wedding business
Old 06-02-2011, 05:27 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Morning!

And thanks CC for the newbie reading material...I shall read it as soon as possible.

Congrats Essence! And would you (or anybody else for that matter) consider posting some daily menus that I could check out?

Brum
Brum-
there is another thread running that includes menus, its called Meaty May
-T

Last edited by akagal20; 06-02-2011 at 05:28 AM..
Old 06-02-2011, 05:37 AM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Good morning Gals'. It is a beautiful morning and I'm ready to knock 'em dead today . Coffee check. Vitamins check. (have you been taking yours? You need them, your body needs them!) morning going great when all of a sudden. Brick wall! Just like that . I hit it. The dreaded scale! 170! 1 stupid 7-0! I knew it was bad but seriously and that Ed restarting my diet every day

Sigh. Ok time to get serious with egg whites in hand, I shall conquer today . . One meal at a time.
Ignore the nasty scale! and oh no she's back reminding us of vitamins!!!!! eh i haven't taken any since the last time ya were here!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:39 AM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
morning gt. I see your light on! I got up at 5;30 this morning as I was dreaming of all things kitty!
Hi!! Dunno why my light was on--I sooooo wasn't up at 5:30!!! it's a Holy Day today so it's a holiday--yaaaaay!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:41 AM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
Yeah running out the house to go to work guess what my scale said 206!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 AM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
whew! I knew it was the salt from the sausage.......back to 167 so cool, I am not gaining with mum here.
Always good!!! Mine tries to feed me up!!!
Oh and I meant to say CC, i read that article from GT--ooh same initials!!! gary Taubes--and it just clicked!!
Also have watched a lot of his talks on YT--so interesting! Especially as to why the truth about lc was forgotten-apparently all the research on how sugar makes you fat etc was done waaaay back by a lot of German and Austian Dr.s--then WW2 happened and noone was interested in what Germans had to say so the research was burried!! People go on that it's a new fad from Atkins and co. but nope!!!

Carbs raise insulin.
High insulin levels make you fat.

So take out insulin, what ya got?? Carbs make you fat!!!!

The more I read about health etc. the more I know clean low carb is the way to go! (I still struggle with the high fat!)

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-02-2011, 05:53 AM   #83
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Good Morning!

Brum

My menu is mostly something like this:
B: HB egg
L: can of tuna/ff cottage cheese sonetimes, not really that often!
D: chicken/turkey breast or another can of tuna.

I would sometimes eat a ff natural yoghurt and sometimes some salad veg----but that's not QWL!!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:55 AM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and just going back to my earlier post--I really wish people got that carbs and sugar etc was so bad for their health. I really do.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:00 AM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Tanya-good luck with the wedding prep! I hope you'll still have net access!!!
I always measure too!!!! And I was seriously thinking of investing in a mini travel scale to keep me in check on vaca etc. But then I thought that might be a little ibsessive!! It killed me last year not being able to weigh!!
Oh and I agree all those temptations have really served you well!!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Hello all, haven't checked in with you guys for awhile. If you remember I couldn't really do stillman's due to my job (fitness instructor)....so I do a combo of stillman's and dukan with some high fat IF days thrown in, lol. Seems to be working for me. You ladies are doing awesome, keep it up!!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:49 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swella73
Stats: 230/199.6/165
WOE: Atkins - converting to HHCG!!
Start Date: January 18, 2011
Quote:
Connie, are you doing hhcg and Stills together? Or are you dropping the hhcg?
Yes, I am going to do them together.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh and just going back to my earlier post--I really wish people got that carbs and sugar etc was so bad for their health. I really do.
This is my first time doing a program where I pay close attention to my fat content. I believe that low fat is really the way to go , also obviously the low carbs, but everyone knows that!

I just get so amazed because I have tried diets, starvation, and over exercising to the point of exhaustion and I have never had results like this before.

Understanding and researching the science behind all of this has helped me stay on track. Eating fatty foods and tons of carbs are gonna make me huge, so why would I want to do that anymore?

I think a person can live a good, and full life, by having a splurge meal here or there, but mostly eating a clean diet. I just really dont think there is any other way

I am also glad that I have kept my cardio exercise to a minimum so I can increase down the road if I ever need to lose weight, and my body wont be so used to so much... I want to do just enough to stay the same weight, and the increase workouts on cheat days.

Carbs, sugars and fats are bad news... Dang, I hate to say that. But it only make sense!

-T
Old 06-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

What is dunkan.. I am really enjoying doing some days stillman some days protein power.. I really believe my diet is leaning more toward atkins 72 instead stillman cuz i eat a salad/ and some nuts..
Old 06-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

T- r u at goal? .. I just read your message.. I so agree that lowcarb is the way to go.. But i have to admit.. I love the fat it keeps me full and not over eating.. I must admit i am not watching calories r fat just carbs.. But i make sure i dnt eat over 30 carbs..and thAts net carbs..
Closed Thread