Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #841
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ailuj5 View Post
Thanks Getting There!

How many eggs is too many eggs?

So far today I've had egg beaters/egg whites twice, both for breakfast and a before lunch snack, and two actual HB eggs later in the day.

If I wanted another HB egg later would it be OK? I don't want to over-do anything and I'm trying to follow this to the T!

Also-- spicy mustard? Is that alright? I found spicy mustard, a mashed HB egg, and tuna with some ground black pepper is AMAZING! Hahaha

If lovin mustard, hb egg, and tuna with pepper is wrong, I don't wanna be right! This is my absolutely fav!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #842
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Viv-love the new avi!!
thanks Love! I often ride my bike in a little slip and peekaboo heels!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #843
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Al

Thank you! You make some great points and they are true
Even my husband gives me trouble about my appearance and not having "Curves" now, even though I never had had a large rack or a huge butt to begin with.
Folks always have something to add, I just know it.
ITs so funny, either a person is saying I am too thin or they are asking me for help on weight loss? There is no middle ground.

-Tanya
to thine own self be true.......and to heck with the naysayers!

T, so ironic yet hilarious one minute giving you crap about too thin then 'O BTW can you help me lose?'
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
glad yer back viv!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #844
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Ooooooooh saucey!!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #845
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"Research reveals that 10% of middle-aged Europeans are on
antidepressants" (Warwick University [UK], via Eurekalert [American
Association for the Advancement of Science], Jun. 20, 2011).
Research reveals that 10% of middle-aged Europeans are on antidepressants

in this economy I'm surprised it's not more
Old 06-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #846
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.

-- Dave Barry
Old 06-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #847
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you. A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can reach...

When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf,
and waiting with open arms at the valley's end...

Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you....or come in and carry you out. Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters.....

Daughter-in-laws, sisters, sister-in-laws, mothers, grandmothers, aunts, nieces, cousins, and extended family, all bless our life!

The world wouldn't be the same without women, and neither would I. When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other. Every day, we need each other still.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #848
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Do not ask the Lord to
guide your footsteps.
if you are not willing
to move your feet.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #849
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVE'S SIDE OF THE STORY

After three weeks in the Garden of Eden, God came to visit Eve. 'So, how is everything going?' inquired God.

'It is all so beautiful, God,' she replied. 'The sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking, the smells, the sights, everything is wonderful, but I have just one problem.

It's these breasts you have given me. The middle one pushes the other two out and I am constantly knocking them with my arms, catching them on branches and snagging them on bushes. They're a real pain.'

And Eve went on to tell God that since many other parts of her body came in pairs, such as her limbs, eyes, ears, etc. She felt that having only two breasts might leave her body more 'symmetrically balanced'.

'That's a fair point,' replied God, 'But it was my first shot at this, you know. I gave the animals six breasts, so I figured that you needed only half of those, but I see that you are right. I will fix it up right away.'

And God reached down, removed the middle breast and tossed it into the bushes

Three weeks passed and God once again visited Eve in the Garden of Eden.

'Well, Eve, how is my favorite creation?'

'Just fantastic,' she replied, 'But for one oversight. You see, all the animals are paired off. The ewe has a ram and the cow has her bull. All the animals have a mate except me. I feel so alone.'

God thought for a moment and said, 'You know, Eve, you are right. How could I have overlooked this? You do need a mate and I will immediately create a man from a part of you. Let's see....where did I put that useless Teet?'

Now doesn't THAT make more sense than all that crap about the rib?

Send to men with a sense of humor and women who figure this makes sense.

__._,_.___

__,_._,___
Old 06-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #850
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
There. . me and my new AVI feel much better! (Jezibel Kitty!)

By the way, GT. . Love that you put everything back into perspective..

Tanya: Yep. .cheating is really only cheating ourselves (Thank you, Mr. Brady) and I know we have to be strict but its so darn difficult some days. . and feels so unfair!!! There are so many things I loved about Stillmans (Not counting calories or points), no bloat. . easy. .lack of cravings. . but there are also so many downsides (especially when you have a famlily). .cooking is a real downer. . (I used to be the casserole, new recipe queen)..social events.. very difficult to find real meat at a a lot of them. .. kicking breath. . . tuna filled offices. . but I realized I threw in the towel way too early last time and just got overly frustrated with not being able to follow the diet with out cheating. My goal was always to lose the weight on Stillmans and then slowly re-introduce myself to WW. .following the points system while reducing my carb drastically. Problem is.. I never lost it all and continued to feel like a failure. . which is why I'm gaining it back over time. .

SO. .one day at a time. . One meal at a time. . I vow to no longer let one taste mess up my day. . I gotta think like the gal I used to be and do this for me. .to feel better and to look better. . and to get a better fitting BRA!!! OMG> . don't get me started on that. . I hate bra's. . it had to be a man who designed it. . HAD TO BE. . Bras and bikini undies have to be a chubby girl's worst enemy.. I'm about ready to put both in my purse and call it a day. .

Vive: glad to see you around. . .I look forward to reading your posts!
thank IM2, I'm just catching up on all the old updates and saw this. I think your plan to lose the weight rapidly on Stillman's and switch over to WW, or Stillman's stay slim plan is perfect. Try to reframe it, Stillman's isn't suffering, it's freeing, it certainly freed me from out of control cravings, it also frees you from a long drawn out process. It's so damn quick when you follow it. Last summer, I weighed a whopping 110lbs more than I do now - It took me 6 months to lose 30lbs on Atkins, the rest - all Stillman's. Be happy your nipping it in the bud now, I'm angry at myself, maybe more sad, that I let it go on for so long, didn't address it when I was 30 lbs overweight instead of 110lbs. Let's put it this, Tanya looks amazing in her bikini and while I like my shape - I WILL NEVER WEAR A BIKINI! The painful fact is, my body is always gonna have flaws. You're on the right track to take off the 30lbs now! Seriously, you couldn't even tell I looked thinner after 30lbs!!

As for cheating. Here's the thing, WE ALL CHEAT (or Treat as Al likes to say, I prefer it, takes the sting out of it). Don't wallow in it, or feel guilty or shame, just wake up the next morning and get back on program, the more to the letter you follow it, the easier it is. It's what you do over the span of 20 meals, not one meal, that really matters.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #851
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LARRY CABLE GUY HUMOR

1. Cows
2. The Constitution
3. The Ten Commandments

COWS
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country.. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.

THE CONSTITUTION
They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq....why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.

THE 10 COMMANDMENTS
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse is this -- you cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal' 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery' and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians, it creates a hostile work environment.

GIT 'ER DONE
Old 06-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #852
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
thank IM2, I'm just catching up on all the old updates and saw this.
WE ALL CHEAT (or Treat as Al likes to say, I prefer it, takes the sting out of it). Don't wallow in it, or feel guilty or shame, just wake up the next morning and get back on program, the more to the letter you follow it, the easier it is.
It's what you do over the span of 20 meals, not one meal, that really matters.
amen
Old 06-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #853
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #854
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Q: Why did Adam and Eve have a perfect marriage?
A: He didn't have to hear about all the men she could
have married, and she didn't have to hear about the way
his mother cooked.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:53 AM   #855
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Getting There!

How many eggs is too many eggs?

So far today I've had egg beaters/egg whites twice, both for breakfast and a before lunch snack, and two actual HB eggs later in the day.

If I wanted another HB egg later would it be OK? I don't want to over-do anything and I'm trying to follow this to the T!

Also-- spicy mustard? Is that alright? I found spicy mustard, a mashed HB egg, and tuna with some ground black pepper is AMAZING! Hahaha
I missed that post-only saw it in Viv's reply!! sorry!
Even with the extra HB eggs that's only 3egg yolks a day. I don't think that's too much! I suppose I wouldn't eat more than 4 yolks a day-just cos of the fat content as Stills says low fat. I think I made the quantity up myself though, of what was vallowed!! LOL!! i just think eggs are high enough in fat ans small so you could eat lots!!
I do wonder though sometimes why people eat fatty meats but no eggs, if you're going to do the fattier meats then you might as well do eggs!
I mostly eat 2 HB eggs a day. Then a couple of times a week I might have an omelette so that would be 2 more. We don't have egg beaters or else I'd use them!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-24-2011, 02:56 AM   #856
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
. Last summer, I weighed a whopping 110lbs more than I do now - It took me 6 months to lose 30lbs on Atkins, the rest - all Stillman's. :
Wowie!!!? Congrats!! You must love that it's Summer again so!! ........and why weren't you here inspiring us all through the year??
Old 06-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow viv, was ir a solitary journey?
Old 06-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #858
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wowie!!!? Congrats!! You must love that it's Summer again so!! ........and why weren't you here inspiring us all through the year??
I know, right? It took me a while to find the forum and I'm grateful I did (NOT because I'm inspiring peeps but cuz peeps are inspiring me!! I'm selfish that way, tee hee)
Old 06-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #859
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Wow viv, was ir a solitary journey?
CCGirl, My husband and I started on Atkins together August 9th 2010. I was pretty horrified by some family photos (of me!) we had taken on holiday, I decided to weigh myself for the first time in 8 years!!! I was shocked. Amazing how I could delude myself! Once you see a number like that, you know you've hit rock bottom. We both lost 30lbs and then nothing. So, I went the Stillman's route. He still does a "FLEXIBLE" version of Atkins with plenty of Treats along the way. He probably has another 30lbs to lose but it's not a big deal, I'd like him to be healthier but he's a very handsome fella (and very supportive) as he is! He has done what Tanya's husband has done, tell me he doesn't want me to lose anymore but for the most part, he couldn't be happier. He's got his hot wife back!!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #860
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrissym
Stats: 140/133/120...5'2"
WOE: 1st 5 lbs w/Stillman's rest Stillman's w/HCG
Start Date: July 4, 2011
Going to join here and get back on track with the Stillman's plan. It worked for me before.
Vivi, I agree...it is very inspiring to read the successes of people here. I am amazed at the results.

tried eat fat get thin but it was too high in fat which doesn't work for me obviously. Had my last ice cream binge last night.

looking forward to getting serious about treating my body a bit better. It is time.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #861
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissym View Post
Going to join here and get back on track with the Stillman's plan. It worked for me before.
Vivi, I agree...it is very inspiring to read the successes of people here. I am amazed at the results.

tried eat fat get thin but it was too high in fat which doesn't work for me obviously. Had my last ice cream binge last night.

looking forward to getting serious about treating my body a bit better. It is time.
Welcome Chrissy! I would STRONGLY suggest that you follow the plan as strict as possible for at least 2 weeks! Just hardcore it. You will lose the cravings and a good deal of weight, then you'll be in a much better space to decide if there are things to add in that don't slow your weightloss too much. Good luck! We're here for you! - Viv
Old 06-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #862
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrissym
Stats: 140/133/120...5'2"
WOE: 1st 5 lbs w/Stillman's rest Stillman's w/HCG
Start Date: July 4, 2011
Thanks for the advice. Getting there gave me some great advice in a message earlier too. You are all so encouraging. Good to be here
Old 06-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #863
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ailuj5
Stats: 135/135/113 (5'2")
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: June 22, 2011
Hello! How is everyone doing today?

Two quick questions:

I work again tomorrow, (I work with a catering company) and I need some suggestions as to what you guys pack/bring for snacks and meals when you're at work or just out for the whole day in general? I work all weekend, and it'll most likely be for the entire day. The only thing with this diet that's kinda tricky is meat in the summertime... if you get my drift. Do you guys go all out and bring an ice-pack to keep your food nice or what? Haha

And turkey burgers! I read that a lot of people like to eat those on this, and I for one LOVE and have been CRAVING one of those lately. I was at the store yesterday and looking for them, and I could only find ones that had like 8 g of fat per burger-- is that okay? What's the acceptable fat ratio when it comes to these?

Thanks guys! Hope everyone is truckin' along just fine
Old 06-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #864
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Quote:
Jealous, jealous, jealous of you black women!! .......i have just spent 15mins in the shower scrubbing off old fake tan to start putting more on later!!!
I would looooooooove to have even a teeny tiny bit of African or Carribean blood in me some where!!
GT, my BF says the same thing! Lol! He's Irish (dad) and Italian (mom) and got Irish skin (super pale) and eyes (azure blue) and Italian hair (dark brown) He wants to be tan and is always talking about "getting some color" and I always say, "You got some right here!" I know, ridiculously silly!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #865
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Hello! How is everyone doing today?

Two quick questions:

I work again tomorrow, (I work with a catering company) and I need some suggestions as to what you guys pack/bring for snacks and meals when you're at work or just out for the whole day in general? I work all weekend, and it'll most likely be for the entire day. The only thing with this diet that's kinda tricky is meat in the summertime... if you get my drift. Do you guys go all out and bring an ice-pack to keep your food nice or what? Haha

And turkey burgers! I read that a lot of people like to eat those on this, and I for one LOVE and have been CRAVING one of those lately. I was at the store yesterday and looking for them, and I could only find ones that had like 8 g of fat per burger-- is that okay? What's the acceptable fat ratio when it comes to these?

Thanks guys! Hope everyone is truckin' along just fine
Hello there,

Turkey burgers are fine, 8 grams of fat is not a big deal
I eat Turkey burgers all the time, sometimes several in one sitting

When I work my events on the weekend and I dont have a fridge, I bring a lunch pail with ice packs, I normally have eggs and tuna in there, or chicken breast which I will eat cold. Worst case I pack a salad and just eat that plain and simple.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #866
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I know, right? It took me a while to find the forum and I'm grateful I did (NOT because I'm inspiring peeps but cuz peeps are inspiring me!! I'm selfish that way, tee hee)
Yeah I couldn't believe it when I found LCf--especially the Stillman's thread-everyone is so motivating and encouraging!!! Everyone's success just spurs you on!!! Thanks guys!!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #867
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
CCGirl, My husband and I started on Atkins together August 9th 2010. I was pretty horrified by some family photos (of me!) we had taken on holiday, I decided to weigh myself for the first time in 8 years!!! I was shocked. Amazing how I could delude myself! Once you see a number like that, you know you've hit rock bottom. We both lost 30lbs and then nothing. So, I went the Stillman's route. He still does a "FLEXIBLE" version of Atkins with plenty of Treats along the way. He probably has another 30lbs to lose but it's not a big deal, I'd like him to be healthier but he's a very handsome fella (and very supportive) as he is! He has done what Tanya's husband has done, tell me he doesn't want me to lose anymore but for the most part, he couldn't be happier. He's got his hot wife back!!
Wow Viv-that is in well under a year!! Respect!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #868
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissym View Post

Hi Chrssy! Welcome!!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #869
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Welcome Chrissy! I would STRONGLY suggest that you follow the plan as strict as possible for at least 2 weeks! Just hardcore it. You will lose the cravings and a good deal of weight, then you'll be in a much better space to decide if there are things to add in that don't slow your weightloss too much. Good luck! We're here for you! - Viv
What she said!,
Old 06-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #870
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ailuj5
Stats: 135/135/113 (5'2")
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: June 22, 2011
Thanks akagal20!

Oh you work events too? Are you a server as well?

Two more quick things-- I'm curious as to if you cut out coffee completely in the first two weeks or did you still have it? I've been trying to go cold turkey... it's def. tough. I love coffee! I had a little yesterday but black and that is still completely new to me. I haven't had the cream like I usually do since starting this and I was wondering if anyone still had the cream in the beginning and lost as much.

Also, exercise. Are you supposed to lay off it for the first two weeks? I used to be an exercise addict-- no joke, went wayyy too much-- and I have been trying to cut down this summer anyways because it increases my appetite wayy too much and I'm just sick of living at the gym. I tried simply walking on the treadmill for 20 mins today and that even took a lot of effort. I remember in the past when I did a low-carb diet I barely exercised and still lost tons. I feel like this is one of the few diet exceptions where exercise isn't as important; it really is about what you eat.

Thanks for your answer about the turkey burgers and meal planning. I'll def. have to start packing things on ice from now on.

Last edited by ailuj5; 06-24-2011 at 10:41 AM..
Closed Thread