Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 12:05 AM   #811
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Morning all. I am down two pounds this morning, yay. Yesterday went well apart from the water side of things, I really need to get my head around drinking lots of water...I always find it a bit of a challenge to start with but after a while it becomes second nature. I did drink a lot yesterday but it was in the form of diet lemonade.
Hi Ailuj5, I think you were asking about cheese. I am a cheese lover too, although I am not that keen on cottage cheese. I have always allowed myself a small amount of low fat cheese on Stillman's and it does not stall me at all. This is usually low fat mature cheddar but I also have Parmesan, Laughing cow, Fetta, Mozzerella, Mini Baby Bell and I won't bore you with the rest. Like I said I only have a small amount and always the low fat version and I have always lost no problem but everyone is different I know. Anyway friends, here is to a successful day 2...I am still without internet and on my BB which makes things difficult because I hate typing on this thing and I keep losing letters. Sorry if this reply is all over the place.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 04:10 AM   #812
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Im2-you dhould use that certificate on yourself. You DO deserve it!!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:11 AM   #813
Big Yapper!!!!

Anything-loooooooove the avi!! Congrats!!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:11 AM   #814
Big Yapper!!!!

Makeme-yay on successful day1-here's to many more!!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:26 AM   #815
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
from SpeedTest.net-using this machine, just two years old
HP CQ60US AMD Athlon Dual Core 2.00GHz processor 2 g RAM 3g HDD

pinging a server in Lawrenceville Kansas, Oh, prob 2K miles away 995 ms

download speed .45 Mbps upload .22 Mbps

Hughes states 1 MB speed, not here

it's about 2/3 the speed of real DSL
Ooh not great!! I'm sick of broadband providers lying about speeds! At home we're supposed to have a download speed of50mb(ok we probably mostly do get close enough to that, you wouldn't really notice if it was slower-on the speed checker it usually is though!!) ...but we're supposed to have an upload speed of 5MB--I flipping wish!!! We only went onto the more expensive plan for the upload speed. I need it to watch my TV from home through Slingbox. For the first couple of months it was perfect. Now it seems to be getting worse by the day! Upload speed of about 1.9MB, from what I can see from Slingbox!! and this is fibre power broadband, (not DSL)so it supposedly has no 'clogging up' when lots are online-another reason we switched providers!
Ok rant over!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-23-2011, 06:08 AM   #816
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
thats what I was thinking, myself. . I have a 2 year old certicate that my Boss gave me (for a massage/pedicure/manicure or hair ($100.00) worth. that I could give to her. I never felt good enough to use it on myself. . kill two birds with one stone. I'm feeling guilty for never using it!
o GIRL nothing spells friendship better than two gitls getting a pedi together! You should soooo do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Morning all. I am down two pounds this morning, yay. Yesterday went well apart from the water side of things, I really need to get my head around drinking lots of water...I always find it a bit of a challenge to start with but after a while it becomes second nature. I did drink a lot yesterday but it was in the form of diet lemonade.
Hi Ailuj5, I think you were asking about cheese. I am a cheese lover too, although I am not that keen on cottage cheese. I have always allowed myself a small amount of low fat cheese on Stillman's and it does not stall me at all. This is usually low fat mature cheddar but I also have Parmesan, Laughing cow, Fetta, Mozzerella, Mini Baby Bell and I won't bore you with the rest. Like I said I only have a small amount and always the low fat version and I have always lost no problem but everyone is different I know. Anyway friends, here is to a successful day 2...I am still without internet and on my BB which makes things difficult because I hate typing on this thing and I keep losing letters. Sorry if this reply is all over the place.
wtg loser! Love all the cheese!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ooh not great!! I'm sick of broadband providers lying about speeds! At home we're supposed to have a download speed of50mb(ok we probably mostly do get close enough to that, you wouldn't really notice if it was slower-on the speed checker it usually is though!!) ...but we're supposed to have an upload speed of 5MB--I flipping wish!!! We only went onto the more expensive plan for the upload speed. I need it to watch my TV from home through Slingbox. For the first couple of months it was perfect. Now it seems to be getting worse by the day! Upload speed of about 1.9MB, from what I can see from Slingbox!! and this is fibre power broadband, (not DSL)so it supposedly has no 'clogging up' when lots are online-another reason we switched providers!
Ok rant over!!!
LOL the cheeky bastids! We shall see what we get.

Any, congrats on the losses your avi sez it all!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:13 AM   #817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On the road, at work, or on holiday, a Slingbox® makes it easy to watch and control your home TV from virtually anywhere, anytime on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.

is that like Tivo here? A memory chip in the cable box to record missed tv.......
Old 06-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #818
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
On the road, at work, or on holiday, a Slingbox® makes it easy to watch and control your home TV from virtually anywhere, anytime on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.

is that like Tivo here? A memory chip in the cable box to record missed tv.......
I honestly think a Slinbox was the coolest invention ever!!!!! I would be soooo homesick without it!!

Tivo is the not the same as Sling(i call it slingy,very affectionately!!!) i think Tivo is like our Sky TV--a DVR.

Slingbox is hooked up to your TV and DVR at home. You also need high speed broadband. Then when you log into Slingbox's website you can watch your TV from any computer, laptop and some mobile devices! Soooo I can watch my irish/UK TV in Germany!!! I basically can watch the channels we have at home!!
You could watch TV online through the 'players' . Usually every channel puts some of their programmes online and have live streaming so you can watch tv on your laptop. I'm reckoning that's the same in the US----BUT and here's the big but--the UK and Irish ones don't let you watch them outside of the country!

So with Slingbox it's lke I'm in my living room watching TV even though I'm 1000s of miles away!!

I know I didn't explain that well!!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #819
Big Yapper!!!!

I also (if I was that desperate!) could have a Slingbox hooked up to my TV in Germany and then watch German TV at home in Ireland!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #820
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ailuj5
Stats: 135/135/113 (5'2")
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: June 22, 2011
Thanks for the cheese advice makemeslim! Good to know that a little bit can still make you lose

And as for losing! Well... I'm not exactly sure what I weigh right now, since apparently our scale at home is a little off? (I weighed myself at my nana's yesterday and it said 136... this was near the end of the day though so who knows)

HOWEVER. This morning, the scale HERE said 130, and even if the scale is off a pound, that would still mean 131?! I don't know if I quite believe that? Has anyone lost 5 pounds of water weight in one DAY on this??? I certainly ate to satisfy hunger yesterday, ending the day with quite a bit of chicken...

How were all your results after the very first day?

Well, I've got some flounder thawing to make a fish omelette (Sounds gross I know but is in fact DELICIOUS), and I just had a HB egg to tide me over. So far so good with Stillman's! This is something I could certainly get used to- I love meat and eggs!

Have a great day everyone and good luck!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #821
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ailuj5 View Post
Thanks for the cheese advice makemeslim! Good to know that a little bit can still make you lose

And as for losing! Well... I'm not exactly sure what I weigh right now, since apparently our scale at home is a little off? (I weighed myself at my nana's yesterday and it said 136... this was near the end of the day though so who knows)

HOWEVER. This morning, the scale HERE said 130, and even if the scale is off a pound, that would still mean 131?! I don't know if I quite believe that? Has anyone lost 5 pounds of water weight in one DAY on this??? I certainly ate to satisfy hunger yesterday, ending the day with quite a bit of chicken...

Well, I've got some flounder thawing to make a fish omelette (Sounds gross I know but is in fact DELICIOUS), and I just had a HB egg to tide me over. So far so good with Stillman's! This is something I could certainly get used to- I love meat and eggs!

Believe it darlin'! That's great! I was astounded to lose 3.4 lbs. on my first day. So far I'm down 8 lbs. in 10 days. Stick with the plan and the weight will fly off during these first few weeks. I, too, couldn't believe that I could eat so much food and still lose.

Last edited by als9503; 06-23-2011 at 10:03 AM..
Old 06-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #822
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I also (if I was that desperate!) could have a Slingbox hooked up to my TV in Germany and then watch German TV at home in Ireland!
LOL de tv not so good I take it

all riiiiiiiight for those newbie losses! Look at 'em go!

missing Gaga lookalike last seen in Connecticut
Old 06-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #823
Big Yapper!!!!

I know-whare is she??? Aleriaaaaaaaaaa-check in!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #824
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
akagal; I am 3 quarters inch taller, and my dream is to get to 140. Now I can figure out what I will look like, given your pic, as we are built about the same. I think you look perfect! You don't look haggard or boney. You look trim and fit! Perfect! And congratulations!!!
Anything-

Hello and Thank you!
For my height 135 is low for me, I am wearing a size 2 now..really small for my frame.
I love being fit and trim, I just feel like I look like ive dieted, like GT says, I hope everything will just settle in and I wont feel that way anymore.
I am getting pressure from family and friends to gain weight, they think the 130s is too low and makes me look odd..sigh..who knows, cant please em all right . Who cares, I like ME and thats what counts.
Thanks again for your compliments!

here is a photo from just last night, I went to a Charity function, I am about 133.8 here,

Last edited by akagal20; 06-23-2011 at 10:59 AM..
Old 06-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #825
Senior LCF Member

Congrats to the new ladies on your losses!

keep that same vigor and energy, the excitement is what you will need in those peaks and valleys

GO GO GO!!

I am going to feed off of your excitment to help me not make bad choices, lately I have been reaching for the bad items a little more frequently but thats ok because its part of maintaining.

I notice my weight goes between 133 and 135 but never higher or lower, even when I have my bad days ( meaning I am having bread products, fats and sugars)..I feel like what is working is if I do strictly stillmans every other day, and then stay slim plan on the off days. One day on, one day off, its very easy and simple, and it appears to be working. If I have a particularly heavy eating day then I do Stillmans for 2 days instead of the 1 day. The 2 lbs just come and go, like it should when you maintain. I like this, I can have fun with my friends and eat some fries every now and then and not worry, knowing the next day or 2 will be stillmans and flush that out of my system. ITs leveling out really nicely. I still work out just 3 times per week, cardio only and only 1 of those work outs is high intensity

I have never gone over 135 lbs during the last 4 weeks, and I have eaten off plan quite a bit to be honest ( including a flat crust pizza and cake and pies)...I am so glad I can do this and live to tell about it.

well lets keep going!

-Tanya
Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #826
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok, T, for the last time--You do not look too bony or haggard or dieted down or coke addicted-or whatever!! There are no ugly bones poking out that shouldn't be. You still have a nice bust and nice cheeks! You have got the perfect figure.
I don't know what you friends see when they look at you! Unless it really is true and the camera does add 10lbs! LOL! Are they a lot bigger than you? That's the only thing that explains it. Someone said it here a few posts ago but it's true-Society is so used to looking at overweight, that 'normal' and slim and toned becomes too thin!
If they're basically the same size as you then it's jealousy!!!

I think it's so cool you can maintain!! Basically Stills with treats!!!
Actually Dukan has something like that too-he says that for life you should have one day a week of pure protein, just to keep everything in check! Good plan!!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #827
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok, T, for the last time--You do not look too bony or haggard or dieted down or coke addicted-or whatever!! There are no ugly bones poking out that shouldn't be. You still have a nice bust and nice cheeks! You have got the perfect figure.
I don't know what you friends see when they look at you! Unless it really is true and the camera does add 10lbs! LOL! Are they a lot bigger than you? That's the only thing that explains it. Someone said it here a few posts ago but it's true-Society is so used to looking at overweight, that 'normal' and slim and toned becomes too thin!
If they're basically the same size as you then it's jealousy!!!

I think it's so cool you can maintain!! Basically Stills with treats!!!
Actually Dukan has something like that too-he says that for life you should have one day a week of pure protein, just to keep everything in check! Good plan!!
GT
I agree with you, its all good. I feel really good now and I feel that I do look normal, just "dieted", I only made that statement again to back up the fact that I wouldnt be mad if I was at 140 or 145 again, to keep those naysayers quiet...I would think you of all people would not see me as too thin no matter what because you are very thin and you still dont think you are thin enough, so your view of thin vs fat is not the same as the average everyday person

Dukan! oh yeah, I keep forgetting about Dukan, I am going to read into that program, I would like to keep my options wide open for maintaining.

I am just glad I can still stay here on the boards and post my maintain updates! I want others to see how it will work.
-T
Old 06-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #828
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok I did a BMI checker- and for your height between 133-135 you BMI is 20.2-20.5. So it's perfectly normal! Under 18.5 is underweight. So you tell them you're perfectly fine and stop being jealous!! Ok it's not always that accurate because if you have a lot of muscle then your body fat will be low, and vice versa if you don't have a lot of muscle then even at a low BMI you could have too much body fat. This also goes for bone mass-the heavier your bones are(which is a good thing!) then the higher your BMI will be.
If you really want to put your mind and theirs at rest, why don't you get your fat percentage tested. As far as I know you can get it done in the gym with a calliper.
Then you can go from there-if it's too low ( and you're not happy being that thin) then you could gain a little---hmmm another cupcake anyone!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #829
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Tanya, you look great! I think that your family saying you are too thin may also have something to do with our culture. I say "our" because I am also black (or African American, if that's your chosen term). Black women are "supposed" to be fuller figured because that's what the men like! (I'm being facetious here.) Most of the women in my family are very shapely with big boobs and big butts. But, they are also overweight...not obese, but overweight nevertheless. Now that my weight is coming down, I am being told told that I'm too skinny and teased that I don't have any butt. They are forgetting that before I gained weight (from having my kids, getting older, bad eating habits, etc.), I never did have the big boobs and butt. I know that when I am heavier, I get lumps in the wrong places. Lol! So I would rather be slim (because I am far from SKINNY - that means your SKIN is hanging from your BONES) with small boobs and butt, than heavy with maybe a bigger butt and lumps in the wrong places. Put their comments out of your mind (I know, easier said than done) and enjoy how fabulous you look and feel in your smaller body. Shoot! I wish I was a size 2! :-)
Old 06-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #830
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh T-you're definitely thinner than me!!!! I'm one wuth light bones!!!
I hear you about the feeling 'dieted down' thing!! I do!! I feel like everyone-just with one look at me--will know I've lost weight!! You just think it cos you know you've dieted!
But honestly, if I saw you, that thought would never enter my head! And if you said something like 'oh I really shouldn't be eating that pizza' I would be giving you daggers!!! Seriously, I'd be thinking 'huh, it's ok for you, like when did you ever have to watch what you eat!'
Yup, I have high standards when it comes to thinness!!!! You meet those high standards!!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #831
Big Yapper!!!!

Jealous, jealous, jealous of you black women!! .......i have just spent 15mins in the shower scrubbing off old fake tan to start putting more on later!!!
I would looooooooove to have even a teeny tiny bit of African or Carribean blood in me some where!!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #832
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbfever
Stats: size 24/10/9
WOE: Clean Eating/Stillmans/LC
Start Date: 2005
Hello friends!

Hi everyone! I was MIA for the last 10 days but I had company visiting. Did really well the whole time (not Stillmans but low carbing it). Yesterday I started hardcore Stillmans and I am down a pound this morning (yahoo!) I just wanted to check in and say hello.

Tanya - your wedding picture is FABULOUS!!! You look beautiful!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #833
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok I did a BMI checker- and for your height between 133-135 you BMI is 20.2-20.5. So it's perfectly normal! Under 18.5 is underweight. So you tell them you're perfectly fine and stop being jealous!! Ok it's not always that accurate because if you have a lot of muscle then your body fat will be low, and vice versa if you don't have a lot of muscle then even at a low BMI you could have too much body fat. This also goes for bone mass-the heavier your bones are(which is a good thing!) then the higher your BMI will be.
If you really want to put your mind and theirs at rest, why don't you get your fat percentage tested. As far as I know you can get it done in the gym with a calliper.
Then you can go from there-if it's too low ( and you're not happy being that thin) then you could gain a little---hmmm another cupcake anyone!!!
GT

Thanks for the reality check. I didnt even think to calc my BMI.
I am right in the range, That is a great stat for me to use

-T
Old 06-23-2011, 12:57 PM   #834
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
Tanya, you look great! I think that your family saying you are too thin may also have something to do with our culture. I say "our" because I am also black (or African American, if that's your chosen term). Black women are "supposed" to be fuller figured because that's what the men like! (I'm being facetious here.) Most of the women in my family are very shapely with big boobs and big butts. But, they are also overweight...not obese, but overweight nevertheless. Now that my weight is coming down, I am being told told that I'm too skinny and teased that I don't have any butt. They are forgetting that before I gained weight (from having my kids, getting older, bad eating habits, etc.), I never did have the big boobs and butt. I know that when I am heavier, I get lumps in the wrong places. Lol! So I would rather be slim (because I am far from SKINNY - that means your SKIN is hanging from your BONES) with small boobs and butt, than heavy with maybe a bigger butt and lumps in the wrong places. Put their comments out of your mind (I know, easier said than done) and enjoy how fabulous you look and feel in your smaller body. Shoot! I wish I was a size 2! :-)
Al

Thank you! You make some great points and they are true
Even my husband gives me trouble about my appearance and not having "Curves" now, even though I never had had a large rack or a huge butt to begin with.
Folks always have something to add, I just know it.
ITs so funny, either a person is saying I am too thin or they are asking me for help on weight loss? There is no middle ground.

-Tanya
Old 06-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #835
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh T-you're definitely thinner than me!!!! I'm one wuth light bones!!!
I hear you about the feeling 'dieted down' thing!! I do!! I feel like everyone-just with one look at me--will know I've lost weight!! You just think it cos you know you've dieted!
But honestly, if I saw you, that thought would never enter my head! And if you said something like 'oh I really shouldn't be eating that pizza' I would be giving you daggers!!! Seriously, I'd be thinking 'huh, it's ok for you, like when did you ever have to watch what you eat!'
Yup, I have high standards when it comes to thinness!!!! You meet those high standards!!!!
GT

I know your standards are SUPER high, and thats why I posted my pic, actually specifically for your appraisal! I know your eye is critical! lol

I feel better already.. Worrying about maintaining is enough trouble, dont need to add on mental distress as well!

-T
Old 06-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #836
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbfever View Post
Hi everyone! I was MIA for the last 10 days but I had company visiting. Did really well the whole time (not Stillmans but low carbing it). Yesterday I started hardcore Stillmans and I am down a pound this morning (yahoo!) I just wanted to check in and say hello.

Tanya - your wedding picture is FABULOUS!!! You look beautiful!
Hey! Welcome back!! A pound a day-ya gotta love Stills!!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #837
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailuj5 View Post

Hey!
A fish omelette sounds delish!
I will make one tonight !great idea

-T
Old 06-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #838
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Congrats to the new ladies on your losses!

keep that same vigor and energy, the excitement is what you will need in those peaks and valleys

GO GO GO!!

I am going to feed off of your excitment to help me not make bad choices, lately I have been reaching for the bad items a little more frequently but thats ok because its part of maintaining.

I notice my weight goes between 133 and 135 but never higher or lower, even when I have my bad days ( meaning I am having bread products, fats and sugars)..I feel like what is working is if I do strictly stillmans every other day, and then stay slim plan on the off days. One day on, one day off, its very easy and simple, and it appears to be working. If I have a particularly heavy eating day then I do Stillmans for 2 days instead of the 1 day. The 2 lbs just come and go, like it should when you maintain. I like this, I can have fun with my friends and eat some fries every now and then and not worry, knowing the next day or 2 will be stillmans and flush that out of my system. ITs leveling out really nicely. I still work out just 3 times per week, cardio only and only 1 of those work outs is high intensity

I have never gone over 135 lbs during the last 4 weeks, and I have eaten off plan quite a bit to be honest ( including a flat crust pizza and cake and pies)...I am so glad I can do this and live to tell about it.

well lets keep going!

-Tanya
WOW TANYA! This is great news. I was thinking I'd just relax a bit more on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and be more rigid Monday - Thurs. I think the every other day thing seems much more doable. I haven't yet introduced bread - I have it in my head I'm a carb addict so I'm nervous that one nibble of a bagel will send more on a downward (or rather upward!) spiral. Thanks for keeping us informed about what's happening with your maintenance. You look so beautiful by the way, just radiant!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #839
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
GT

I know your standards are SUPER high, and thats why I posted my pic, actually specifically for your appraisal! I know your eye is critical! lol

I feel better already.. Worrying about maintaining is enough trouble, dont need to add on mental distress as well!

-T
Yeah as I said I think you really do have a perfect figure!!
You are maintaining brilliantly!!

You know SATC? When Charlotte was trying to get pregnant and so she went to get aquapuncture(can't spell an too lazy to look up!) from a chinese Dr.Mau, and he told her she had to relax and block out all the 'noise'???? That's what you (we) have to do-keep doing what feels right for you and ignore the comments!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #840
Big Yapper!!!!

Viv-love the new avi!!
Closed Thread