Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #751
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Reached 124 today! I know everyone is talking about how cheating is bad for weight loss, I agree on that, I also think I should not have cheated twice in the beginning of my weight loss journey, because my metabolism was still fast then and I didn't need a refeed. However, I also think that what's important is that even if you cheated like I did and regained what you lost, that you don't give up and try, try again until you reach your goal. Tanya's right, you have to use your willpower and stick with it. Now that I've been on stillman for almost 2 months, I find it really easy to stick to because I don't really care about what the food tastes like, just that I'm losing weight. Its challenging in terms of social gatherings and such events, but easy to stick to at home. However, I did find my intentional refeed last time to be of a GREAT help to my weight loss. The week before my refeed, I was barely losing any weight despite not really eating much. After the refeed, I've lost steadily and easily, just like in my first week of the stillman diet. But I guess it was time, as I'd already been dieting for nearly 2 months now. Metabolic slowdown is inevitable, and I think if in another 2 months or so and I'm on another stall, I'll do another refeed. But by then, I think I'll have reached my goals and not have to resort to a refeed. Just my humble opinion, I'm no veteran of stillman's, but still, I'm really happy to have lost 13 lbs so far! Its the first time I could lose more than 10 lbs on a diet and not feel like the effort was unsustainable. 24 lbs more to go... should be gone by the time fall is here!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #752
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ailuj5
Stats: 135/135/113 (5'2")
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: June 22, 2011
Hey guys! Brand new to this website and forum as of tonight... I stumbled upon all of this by doing some research about the low-carb lifestyle, the rules, etc etc.

I did a low-carb thing three years ago and had a lot of success with it, but because of the dreaded "falling back into bad eating habits", the weight started to eventually creep back on during the years (I'm also in college, and that hasn't helped matters much at all).

I've more or less been stuck at the same weight for the past two years and quite frankly, I'm done. I'd kill... KILL... to weigh around 20-25 pounds less, right back to where I was post my first attempt at low-carb.

I'm gonna start Stillman's tomorrow. I ate horribly today, the summer has been such a flip flop for me so far-- I do really well eating low calorie, everything in moderation, then eventually the obsession over numbers and calories drives me crazy and I binge on everything in sight. (Yes, I am unfortunately quite the binger :\)

I am so determined though. SO DETERMINED. To lose this weight once and for all, and I really want to do it during the rest of this summer. I still have a little under 10 weeks until my final year at college begins, and if I could just BE BACK THERE at that weight that I once was, wearing the clothes I used to wear... well, it'd feel beyond amazing.

So that's the thing! For all my wanting, all my talk, WHY am I the same weight still?! I always have faith in myself and I KNOW I can do it, but obviously if I've been trying to count calories ever since being in college and it hasn't worked, it's not for me.

My biggest fear is that I'll have much success on this, and then gain it all back again. But I know it's my mindset that I have to change and work on, and once that's done I can conquer anything.

I know low-carb works extremely well for me. I KNOW this. But I just love food so damn much! Not to mention, I have a huge huge HUGE sweet tooth. So I try moderation. But that doesn't work. I honestly think the best thing at this point is just to cut it all out to get the results, and then moderate it once I've reached my goal weight. What do you guys think?

Remember, I have unfortunate bingeing tendencies, but I KNOW once I get through a tough first week, I can do it. I've done something very similar before! I'm an all or nothing person, which isn't exactly good, but maybe it's just what I need to get my butt into gear once and for ALL.

After all, I've been around this weight for the past two years, like I said. What am I waiting for?!

This may be more of a ramble than a "Quick Reply" or whatever, but I just wanted to stop by and say hi and thank you for the inspiration. If you guys are having this much success, I KNOW I can too. I just wanted to hear from people who have also struggled with Yo-Yo dieting/low-carb/calorie counting/bingeing/just diets in general and how Stillman's is playing out for them.

I want to fit into my size 26's again. My 25's. My 2's. My size 0 shorts. That should be enough motivation right there, huh?

Oh-- also-- one more quick thing! For those maintaing... what is it like? Keep in mind, I'll be in my final year at Undergrad this fall. Is this just not a good equation or is it really truly doable? I'm not that much of a drinker anymore, and I am trying to change my very warped and twisted lifestyle with food anyways. Ever since being in college, although I eat fairly healthy 60% of the time, I overeat wayyy too much (On the verge of making myself feel absolutely sick and stuffed), have quite a bit too many "cheat days", and obsess over numbers and calories. I always said, if I could find a good balance with it all, be able to truly eat in moderation, wear my skinny jeans and NEVER HAVE TO COUNT CALORIES EVER EVER AGAIN, I'd be the happiest girl alive.

Alright. What's to lose? At least I know the protein will help make me feel "clean" for the first couple of days, and I do love chicken, fish, and eggs! Wish me luck!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this if you did, it's quite long! Look forward to chatting with you guys
Old 06-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
MMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seen Kate and Wills anywhere? Hang out awhile!
Hey CC! when I've lost this weight Kate and I are going shopping.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #754
Major LCF Poster!

I have just wighed in and I am only up two pounds. This means if I stick to plan I should reach an all time low by the weekend... Well, not all time but its been a long time. Wooohooo!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:13 AM   #755
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Having terrible calf muscle pains at night...omg.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:19 AM   #756
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Ailuj5-welcome!! You will have great success with Stillmans. For this plan you have to stick to it 100% for it to work well. In that regard it is less forgiving then the traditional calorie counting, but the results are well worth it!
As for maintaining, I think it is basically the same as 'dieting' with a few tweats here and there. I think we will always have to count calories as well.
I would start Stillmans, stick to it 100% and worry about maintaining when you reach goal! Good luck!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:20 AM   #757
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hey CC! when I've lost this weight Kate and I are going shopping.
I'll be tagging along too!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:21 AM   #758
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I have just wighed in and I am only up two pounds. This means if I stick to plan I should reach an all time low by the weekend... Well, not all time but its been a long time. Wooohooo!
Wow! Only up 2lbs is great!! .......after being at home for a week, I'm too scared to weigh!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:24 AM   #759
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
Think that's a lack of potassium. Try to get a potassium/magnesium tablet. If it's still really painful today eat a banana. I know that's not on plan but honestly it won't set you back-just in case you can't get the tablets.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:33 AM   #760
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Reached 124 today!

I did find my intentional refeed last time to be of a GREAT help to my weight loss.

Metabolic slowdown is inevitable, and I think if in another 2 months or so and I'm on another stall, I'll do another refeed. But by then, I think I'll have reached my goals and not have to resort to a refeed.

24 lbs more to go... should be gone by the time fall is here!
PK, WTG what did you eat on the refeed and how long?
Quote:
aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwsome!
Quote:
potassium........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Think that's a lack of potassium. Try to get a potassium/magnesium tablet. If it's still really painful today eat a banana. I know that's not on plan but honestly it won't set you back-just in case you can't get the tablets.
yep, what she said......

waiting for thunderstorms to roll in, can't put the horses out until they've gone.
This may be another electricity is optional day........

Last edited by CCGirl; 06-22-2011 at 04:35 AM..
Old 06-22-2011, 04:42 AM   #761
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT about the coffee and cream.......

in the northeast, particularly New Yawk, the common standards are

cawfy regulah-1 sugar, milk or usually half and half one of those plastic mini creamer sized dollop

loit an sweet- 2 sugars and 2 creamers to bring it to the shade of cardboard

even heavy/whipping cream sinks in the cup, it does require a spoon swirl tho coz it's rich. Not a common choice here.

most deli's and coffee counters provide three creamers, half and half, milk and two percent milk along with the powdered mystery stuff.....
Old 06-22-2011, 04:51 AM   #762
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sterling Silver Hello Kitty Bow and Heart Drop Earrings
Catalogue number: 210-2153

£17.99
Tesco!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:24 AM   #763
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ailuj5 View Post
Hey guys! Brand new to this website and forum as of tonight... I stumbled upon all of this by doing some research about the low-carb lifestyle, the rules, etc etc.

I did a low-carb thing three years ago and had a lot of success with it, but because of the dreaded "falling back into bad eating habits", the weight started to eventually creep back on during the years (I'm also in college, and that hasn't helped matters much at all).

I've more or less been stuck at the same weight for the past two years and quite frankly, I'm done. I'd kill... KILL... to weigh around 20-25 pounds less, right back to where I was post my first attempt at low-carb.

I'm gonna start Stillman's tomorrow. I ate horribly today, the summer has been such a flip flop for me so far-- I do really well eating low calorie, everything in moderation, then eventually the obsession over numbers and calories drives me crazy and I binge on everything in sight. (Yes, I am unfortunately quite the binger

I am so determined though. SO DETERMINED. To lose this weight once and for all, and I really want to do it during the rest of this summer. I still have a little under 10 weeks until my final year at college begins, and if I could just BE BACK THERE at that weight that I once was, wearing the clothes I used to wear... well, it'd feel beyond amazing.

So that's the thing! For all my wanting, all my talk, WHY am I the same weight still?! I always have faith in myself and I KNOW I can do it, but obviously if I've been trying to count calories ever since being in college and it hasn't worked, it's not for me.

My biggest fear is that I'll have much success on this, and then gain it all back again. But I know it's my mindset that I have to change and work on, and once that's done I can conquer anything.

I know low-carb works extremely well for me. I KNOW this. But I just love food so damn much! Not to mention, I have a huge huge HUGE sweet tooth. So I try moderation. But that doesn't work. I honestly think the best thing at this point is just to cut it all out to get the results, and then moderate it once I've reached my goal weight. What do you guys think?

Remember, I have unfortunate bingeing tendencies, but I KNOW once I get through a tough first week, I can do it. I've done something very similar before! I'm an all or nothing person, which isn't exactly good, but maybe it's just what I need to get my butt into gear once and for ALL.

After all, I've been around this weight for the past two years, like I said. What am I waiting for?!

This may be more of a ramble than a "Quick Reply" or whatever, but I just wanted to stop by and say hi and thank you for the inspiration. If you guys are having this much success, I KNOW I can too. I just wanted to hear from people who have also struggled with Yo-Yo dieting/low-carb/calorie counting/bingeing/just diets in general and how Stillman's is playing out for them.

I want to fit into my size 26's again. My 25's. My 2's. My size 0 shorts. That should be enough motivation right there, huh?

Oh-- also-- one more quick thing! For those maintaing... what is it like? Keep in mind, I'll be in my final year at Undergrad this fall. Is this just not a good equation or is it really truly doable? I'm not that much of a drinker anymore, and I am trying to change my very warped and twisted lifestyle with food anyways. Ever since being in college, although I eat fairly healthy 60% of the time, I overeat wayyy too much (On the verge of making myself feel absolutely sick and stuffed), have quite a bit too many "cheat days", and obsess over numbers and calories. I always said, if I could find a good balance with it all, be able to truly eat in moderation, wear my skinny jeans and NEVER HAVE TO COUNT CALORIES EVER EVER AGAIN, I'd be the happiest girl alive.

Alright. What's to lose? At least I know the protein will help make me feel "clean" for the first couple of days, and I do love chicken, fish, and eggs! Wish me luck!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this if you did, it's quite long! Look forward to chatting with you guys
Hey A

Welcome.
Ok two quick things.
One, you are new to stillmans which means your results are about to be awesome. Stay strict, dont cheat, follow his plan to the LETTER and your size 0 pants will be too large! Trust me. Its a guarantee but no funny business and on going off plan, and be sure to check in with us here for questions, but if you have STillmans plan, or his book, etc etc that should tell you all you need to know.
You may want to update your STATS on your profile too so we can help monitor your progress. Keeping it public helps add to accountability. Thats what I found.
Second, you mention in your reply that you wanted to hear from someone who has yo yo dieted and been crazy in the past, well that is ME. Yours truly. Stillmans has been over and above all those are diets and plans, this one is amazing and very easy. My weight loss was fast and easy ( I stayed RIDICULOUSLY strict for neary 45 days prior to having off plan foods). Now I am in maintain mode, so you can watch my posts and my activity for updates on how maintainance will go
Like GT said, focus on your loss first, then we can talk maintainance when the time comes. but just so you know I am not losing anymore, I am just maintaining

-Tanya
Old 06-22-2011, 07:02 AM   #764
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ailuj5 View Post

I'm gonna start Stillman's tomorrow. I ate horribly today, the summer has been such a flip flop for me so far-- I do really well eating low calorie, everything in moderation, then eventually the obsession over numbers and calories drives me crazy and I binge on everything in sight. (Yes, I am unfortunately quite the binger

Sounds like you're right where you belong! You can and will get the weight off. The ladies in this thread are very helpful and super supportive. They helped me get through my first week of Stillman's and are keeping me motivated. Welcome to the club!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #765
Senior LCF Member

Hey y'all! Can someone tell me how to do multiple quotes in a message? Thanks!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #766
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

waiting for thunderstorms to roll in, can't put the horses out until they've gone.
This may be another electricity is optional day........
Wow!!! We just had the Mother of storms here(south Germany)!!! I've never seen anything like it!! Ireland doesn't get storms like that -hmmm probably cos it never gets sooo hot!!! Rain, wind, lightening and it was sooooo dark----and it was all over in c2hrs and now the sun is splitting the stones and the ground is bone dry!!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #767
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Sterling Silver Hello Kitty Bow and Heart Drop Earrings
Catalogue number: 210-2153

£17.99
Tesco!!!!!!!!!!
Oh they're lovely!!! We don't get stuff like that in our Tesco-all the good stuff is kept in the UK!!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #768
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
Hey y'all! Can someone tell me how to do multiple quotes in a message? Thanks!
hmmmm i tried once!!!
Ask CC!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #769
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok peeps--you know how I say how I really don't look like I weigh 120lbs--well it's true! I just got insulted by someone who didn't mean to insult me at all!! I brought a dress to a tailor to get it altered-I wanted to change it to a skirt. Anyway as I was telling him I also wanted the waistband made smaller and told him the measurements-he said are you sure? That's very small? I mean it's this-as he held out the measuring tape. I stood there! Then he said who is it for?? So I so didn't want to say me!! So I said ehm my sister. And he says oh is she really thin and narrow, I mean that's very small. I said oh yeah she is, my face getting redder by the minute!!
Now peeps, as I said I so don't look like my measurements!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #770
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
GT

I don't think I look bony or too thin either
Im gonna just relax and not worry about it , it could be worse issues right

Tanya
Gorgeous pics, Tanya! You don't look bony at all. I think sometimes we are just used to seeing ourselves over weight and have to adjust to our thinner selves. Same goes for the people around us. Everyone keeps screaming about how thin I am, but I know that I still have 15 or 20 lbs. to lose. Anyhow, you look great!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #771
Senior LCF Member

OK, so I'm up 1.2 lbs from my low of 132.4 lbs. but I'm not panicking yet. Things haven't been "moving" in the bathroom dept. so I'm thinking that once that gets going, I will go back down and keep losing. BUT I do have to admit that I have been eating A LOT of egg whites.

Here is my menu from yesterday
Breakfast - 4 egg whites
Lunch - 1 baked chicken breast, 2 hard boiled eggs
Snack - 3 egg whites in the form of meringues
Dinner - 4 baked chicken wings, baked cottage cheese (2 tbsp. cottage cheese w/1 whole egg mixed in)
Snack - Cottage cheese "pudding" (1/2 cup pureed cottage cheese w/2 egg whites whipped in)

That's 9 egg whites in one day. Am I over doing it on the egg whites?
Old 06-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #772
Major LCF Poster!

GT, you need to find a new tailor...he is obviously blind!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #773
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OK, so I'm up 1.2 lbs from my low of 132.4 lbs. but I'm not panicking yet. Things haven't been "moving" in the bathroom dept. so I'm thinking that once that gets going, I will go back down and keep losing. BUT I do have to admit that I have been eating A LOT of egg whites.

Here is my menu from yesterday
Breakfast - 4 egg whites
Lunch - 1 baked chicken breast, 2 hard boiled eggs
Snack - 3 egg whites in the form of meringues
Dinner - 4 baked chicken wings, baked cottage cheese (2 tbsp. cottage cheese w/1 whole egg mixed in)
Snack - Cottage cheese "pudding" (1/2 cup pureed cottage cheese w/2 egg whites whipped in)

That's 9 egg whites in one day. Am I over doing it on the egg whites?
That sucks on being up. I don't think that's too many egg whites, i think they're the purest form of protein available.
I dunno if you put sweetner in the egg whites for the meringues? If you did that's why you could be up-water weight! If you didn't then your menu looks perfect, i'd say just ignore the scale and the weight will go back down again. Keep drinking lots of H2O!!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #774
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok peeps--you know how I say how I really don't look like I weigh 120lbs--well it's true! I just got insulted by someone who didn't mean to insult me at all!! I brought a dress to a tailor to get it altered-I wanted to change it to a skirt. Anyway as I was telling him I also wanted the waistband made smaller and told him the measurements-he said are you sure? That's very small? I mean it's this-as he held out the measuring tape. I stood there! Then he said who is it for?? So I so didn't want to say me!! So I said ehm my sister. And he says oh is she really thin and narrow, I mean that's very small. I said oh yeah she is, my face getting redder by the minute!!
Now peeps, as I said I so don't look like my measurements!
Don't pay it any mind GT. He's a man, he doesn't know any better. Once you pick your skirt up, go back to the tailor wearing that same skirt and get more clothes taken in!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #775
Big Yapper!!!!

Ooooh I missed the new pics!!!! Saw them now! You look gorgeous Tanya! No way do you look too thin or boney or 'coke addicted'--don't listen to the people who are telling you that! They just need to get used to your new figure! Obviously if it's hubbs then he just wants you to be healthy and not lose anymore or get obsessed, but if it's others...then it's totally jealousy!!! You look the proper side of thin and you looked toned and as I said you look like you always looked like that-that it's just natural!
And dig you and your posing by the pool in your red bikini-you could totally send that into a magazine!!!
That's the one thing I don't get about you T, you're just sooooo confident in fotos-I'm actually not sure I know anyone as confident as you-so it's really hard to get it when you say you don't like your figure!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #776
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Don't pay it any mind GT. He's a man, he doesn't know any better. Once you pick your skirt up, go back to the tailor wearing that same skirt and get more clothes taken in!
. Yeah I would think that about men-as in what do they know!! But but but--he's a tailor so that's what he does all day every day---measures!!!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #777
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That sucks on being up. I don't think that's too many egg whites, i think they're the purest form of protein available.
I dunno if you put sweetner in the egg whites for the meringues? If you did that's why you could be up-water weight! If you didn't then your menu looks perfect, i'd say just ignore the scale and the weight will go back down again. Keep drinking lots of H2O!!
I forgot to mention that I drink a minimum of 100 oz. of water daily in addition to the 6-8 cups (at least) of tea. I also sometimes will have a few calorie & carb-free flavored waters. I stay in the bathroom! It's not the best for work, especially since I'm a receptionist and the phone ALWAYS rings when I'm in the bathroom. :blush:
Old 06-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #778
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I forgot to mention that I drink a minimum of 100 oz. of water daily in addition to the 6-8 cups (at least) of tea. I also sometimes will have a few calorie & carb-free flavored waters. I stay in the bathroom! It's not the best for work, especially since I'm a receptionist and the phone ALWAYS rings when I'm in the bathroom. :blush:
I know-the bathroom has become my second home!!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #779
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ailuj5
Stats: 135/135/113 (5'2")
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: June 22, 2011
Quote:

Hey A

Welcome.
Ok two quick things.
One, you are new to stillmans which means your results are about to be awesome. Stay strict, dont cheat, follow his plan to the LETTER and your size 0 pants will be too large! Trust me. Its a guarantee but no funny business and on going off plan, and be sure to check in with us here for questions, but if you have STillmans plan, or his book, etc etc that should tell you all you need to know.
You may want to update your STATS on your profile too so we can help monitor your progress. Keeping it public helps add to accountability. Thats what I found.
Second, you mention in your reply that you wanted to hear from someone who has yo yo dieted and been crazy in the past, well that is ME. Yours truly. Stillmans has been over and above all those are diets and plans, this one is amazing and very easy. My weight loss was fast and easy ( I stayed RIDICULOUSLY strict for neary 45 days prior to having off plan foods). Now I am in maintain mode, so you can watch my posts and my activity for updates on how maintainance will go
Like GT said, focus on your loss first, then we can talk maintainance when the time comes. but just so you know I am not losing anymore, I am just maintaining

-Tanya

Thank you so much Tanya! I am just going to be taking it one day at a time, and like you said, just focus on losing and not worry about maintenance right now.

I've been looking through a lot of the other previous posts from everyone, and it seems that people would *tweak* the program if need be and still lose? I'm a firm believer in just doing it 100%--I know I can when I put my mind to it-- but I read somewhere that you still had coffee with cream at first and you still lost? Also, I've been seeing mixed opinions on cottage cheese... yay or nay? I don't mind nixing it for now. I am a cheese lover, though, and will have to figure out how to reintroduce that later on (Especially since I'm one of the presidents of the cheese club at my school! Yeah, I know, I'm a huge dork!)

Oh, and sugar-free gum... is this another thing to just say no to? And has anyone had Laughing Cow (Light) at all during the QWL or after? There's hardly anything in it...

Like I said, I'm fine with giving it up for now. But just curious if anyone has been able to eat it and still lose.

Thanks guys for the support already! You're all boss!

Last edited by ailuj5; 06-22-2011 at 12:07 PM..
Old 06-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #780
Big Yapper!!!!

I believe in doing it 100% too!! I'm with Viv--there are enough diet plans out there if you don't want to do Stillmans!! That sounds harsh but it's def how I feel about it too!
I wouldn't do the sf gum etc.(I didn't) The best way to get rid of all cravings etc is to do it 100% like it was written-if it's not on the list, don't eat it-period! It's a very small list so it's very easy to memerise!!
I know Still had that you coukd have ketchup and diet drinks--but this was written in the 60s--and ketchup must have been a very different thing back then!
The 2 words best to describe Stillmans are---clean and lean---no fat(only what's in egg yolks) and no sf. With this way of eating you will experience'real' ketosis--no hunger, no cravings, no interest in food!
Closed Thread