Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #721
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Yeah hat's off to all of you who have to cook for kids and family. Respect!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #722
Big Yapper!!!!

On the bra note--I hate buying them too!! My real measurement would be a 34AA--that size barely exists peeps!!! I still have backfat-I wonder is that ever gonna go! Soooo anyway at home I decided to buy some new ones, I wondered would a smaller band with a bigger cup be the same?? Tried on a few and yup!!! So in one store I was at the counter paying for my 32B bras-all happy and smug and proud--and the girl goes--obviously looking at my flat chest--oh yeah I always have to go up a cup size here too, they're so small. Talk about bursting my bubble!!!
Going back to my toning--no amount will make my boobs look good, unfortunately. Again they're not awful, but they really do have that deflated look, especially at the top. Even with a small cup size I can't really wear padded ones well, there's a gap at the top. So I think a boob job might have to be 30th birthday present to myself!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #723
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Were they squeeky? my sissy used to work at a dairy and always brought home cheese curds. .and they squeeked when you ate them. . eeekk. .kinda turned me off. .
Squeeky!!!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #724
Big Yapper!!!!

Al, CC --where are you guys??? I miss you!!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #725
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
On the bra note--I hate buying them too!! My real measurement would be a 34AA--that size barely exists peeps!!! I still have backfat-I wonder is that ever gonna go! Soooo anyway at home I decided to buy some new ones, I wondered would a smaller band with a bigger cup be the same?? Tried on a few and yup!!! So in one store I was at the counter paying for my 32B bras-all happy and smug and proud--and the girl goes--obviously looking at my flat chest--oh yeah I always have to go up a cup size here too, they're so small. Talk about bursting my bubble!!!
Going back to my toning--no amount will make my boobs look good, unfortunately. Again they're not awful, but they really do have that deflated look, especially at the top. Even with a small cup size I can't really wear padded ones well, there's a gap at the top. So I think a boob job might have to be 30th birthday present to myself!!
Wow! Drastic. . but I can't say I haven't thought of the same thing. .cepting. . I need a lift and tuck first. .
Old 06-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #726
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Honestly--I don't know!!!!! i know I haven't lost any lean muscle mass and I know that is down to the working out and the high protein diet. I'm def not saggy like I probably should be with the weight loss--so for that at least I'm grateful!!
I feel as though I've built muscle like in my arms, even my thighs, calves and def abs......but here's the thing, I don't know if I've actually built them or just kept them toned and so the reason I think I've built them is because there's less fat covering them!!
Because as far as I know you can't build muscle on a calorie deficit. I thought that the high protein cancels that out-because we eat more protein than our body needs--but no, I've heard on good authority that you can't build muscle with a cal deficit, period!
I personally don't particularly want to build muscle--my preferred 'look', on me at least, is the 'skinny, i smoke a lot look' , if you get me!! I think naturally I probably have an athletic body--but as I'm not that tall and quite small boned that could look bulky--and in clothes bulky just looks fat!
I did all the toning type of working out because I thought bulking up slightly would ,in the long run, pay off, it would be the lesser of two evils. It was either that or loose skin!!!
ahh ok I hear you! I see what you mean
I was told the other day it looked like i was on a " Crack cocaine diet".. I didnt think that was actually a compliment. Also I saw some photos of myself from my pre-wedding activities and I wasnt pleased at all. Very bony and angular. I dont mind being thin but my figure is going in a direction that I am not pleased with and my new hubby is literally trying to feed me sugar by sneaking it into my foods.He wants me to gain weight now, and I just cant, I dont want to, because I know it will go to all the wrong places. I was thinking maybe i could put on some muscle weight, so my weight technically goes up but yet I can still be slim. I like the size I am now, I just dont want to come across as looking "Dieted down" or " starving"...thats my worst fear...Maybe I can try some light pilates.. I do know that now the fat is off I can see my arm, thigh and stomach muscles in full view, my stomach has a clear 6 pack, and I never do ab work, its just the fat is gone. I like that but I dont like my upper body which you can practically see the bones right through. Very ugly...
I cant control where I lose and gain, all I can do is maintain and try to tone, but I dont think gaining weight is the answer....I just need to figure out a plan

-Tanya
Old 06-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #727
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok. .I'm back to reality. . .No cheating for the rest of this week. .Nothing.. Nothing. . NOTHING.. . not on plan shall pass these lips. . I'ma gonna try to give up my SF creamer, too. (or at least get it down to 1 cup). .

I know I'm eating too much, even when I follow plan and I have to stop. . I feel like I could eat a whole chicken with a size O eggs. . (dozen!!). .but I'll refrain. .Eggs are kinda boring when you can't put cheese and veggies in them. .

OK. .a quick poll:

How many of you use 2% cheese? if so. .do you limit? I'm curious. . I dont' really care for cottage cheese and just love cheese on everything from ground meat to chicken. . this may be more tolerable this time if I am ablet o have some. .Plus I don't believe 2% cheese was around when the good Doc wrote his rules. . IDK . just throwing it out there. .
IM-

I do eat cheese but only stillman approved such as cottage cheese, low fat skim based mozzerella and parmesan, and the fake Cheese flavor sprinkles.
I Don't really have any other cheese unless its a day where I know my fat intake was super low and I have some "room to spare", I may have a bit of LAughing cow swiss cheese! I Dont think I would come near the 2% if I didnt have to.

-Tanya
Old 06-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #728
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Wow! Drastic. . but I can't say I haven't thought of the same thing. .cepting. . I need a lift and tuck first. .
Yeah I'm not really sure if I'd ever actually go through with it!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #729
Big Yapper!!!!

is it wrong that I would have taken the 'crack diet' as a compliment!! That is exactely the look I like! I know that's so wrong! But it is!! It's Kate Moss back in the day!! I like stick thin!! i like sticking out bones! i know the way to get that is probably to live on black coffee and smoke all day long!! But in a strange way, even though I wana be thin, I'm actually too vain to do that!!! Smoking, no nourishment on very white irish skin equals the express train to the botox Doc!!!
You're right about the 'dieted down' thing though-that was my fear, that I would really look like I lost weight. It's like TBL -ok they loose lots and in a very short space of time-but you can totally tell that they've lost the weight!
If I were you I would def try Pilates, Bar Method and Callanetics--they really tone you up. I know I go on about them but I really do believe they work. I did Pilates from day1, so it's really to that that I owe my thanks!! And with Callan and TBM I've even noticed small subtle things like they've changed my lower legs-they have shape with little calf muscles-something I don't think dieting alone would ever have given me!
The only downside for me about being thin is that I really find my face too thin-I know people think I've good cheekbones,but I hate them, I want Michelle Obama chubby round cheeks!!
For you, for exercise I think it depends on what look you want. As far as I know to really build muscle, as well as eating more, you should lift heavy weighs for fewer reps. To just kind of tone them, then it's light weights with more reps. For that then it's the Pilates type things. That gives you a 'long lean dancer's body'-at least that's what promised!! I find Jillian Michaels a bit too 'solid' and 'built' for my liking!
I totally believe that it's diet that helps you lose weight, but that it's exercise that changes your body shape!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #730
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
beep beep-----drive by----- Dad here for the weekend, gotta go catch up now!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #731
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG the 'I smoke diet'.........'Crack diet'........LOL too funny!

i've been doing the 'mow' diet..........all this goddarn rain, I have to get my mow jo on twice a week to keep up!

Just remember y'all, the grass is always greener........AND you're your own worst critic!

just sayin'........
Old 06-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #732
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al, my dad gave me an old Dell E1501..................(hurl) chat back for gory details....
Old 06-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #733
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hi GT, I'm 2... Its been a while. I have decided to get back on Stillman's and finally shift this last bit of blubber. My internet is down so I am on my BB which sucks...makes it kind of difficult to catch up. I have been avoiding weighing myself of late but have made a promise to myself to do so tomorrow. I want to get a couple of weeks under my belt and then take it from there. Can't be too difficult, right! I know I loose fast with this plan and two weeks strict Stillie's will change my life... This is it now girlies...I've reached the point of no return. I am going to rid my kitchen of all inferior, just put it in the bin, I don' need it and I am not going to play the "I'll just finish that and then I will start game"...its over, lol. Hi GT and I'm...really pleased to see ya.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #734
Major LCF Poster!

Let's get that ticker moving!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #735
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi GT, I'm 2... Its been a while. I have decided to get back on Stillman's and finally shift this last bit of blubber. My internet is down so I am on my BB which sucks...makes it kind of difficult to catch up. I have been avoiding weighing myself of late but have made a promise to myself to do so tomorrow. I want to get a couple of weeks under my belt and then take it from there. Can't be too difficult, right! I know I loose fast with this plan and two weeks strict Stillie's will change my life... This is it now girlies...I've reached the point of no return. I am going to rid my kitchen of all inferior, just put it in the bin, I don' need it and I am not going to play the "I'll just finish that and then I will start game"...its over, lol. Hi GT and I'm...really pleased to see ya.
Hey Makeme!!!! and So glad to see you!! When I checked in it said last post Makeme!! Yay!! How are things with you? Good I hope!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #736
Major LCF Poster!

Its nearly half eleven..off to bed now, back tomorrow. Night all.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #737
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
is it wrong that I would have taken the 'crack diet' as a compliment!! That is exactely the look I like! I know that's so wrong! But it is!! It's Kate Moss back in the day!! I like stick thin!! i like sticking out bones! i know the way to get that is probably to live on black coffee and smoke all day long!! But in a strange way, even though I wana be thin, I'm actually too vain to do that!!! Smoking, no nourishment on very white irish skin equals the express train to the botox Doc!!!
You're right about the 'dieted down' thing though-that was my fear, that I would really look like I lost weight. It's like TBL -ok they loose lots and in a very short space of time-but you can totally tell that they've lost the weight!
If I were you I would def try Pilates, Bar Method and Callanetics--they really tone you up. I know I go on about them but I really do believe they work. I did Pilates from day1, so it's really to that that I owe my thanks!! And with Callan and TBM I've even noticed small subtle things like they've changed my lower legs-they have shape with little calf muscles-something I don't think dieting alone would ever have given me!
The only downside for me about being thin is that I really find my face too thin-I know people think I've good cheekbones,but I hate them, I want Michelle Obama chubby round cheeks!!
For you, for exercise I think it depends on what look you want. As far as I know to really build muscle, as well as eating more, you should lift heavy weighs for fewer reps. To just kind of tone them, then it's light weights with more reps. For that then it's the Pilates type things. That gives you a 'long lean dancer's body'-at least that's what promised!! I find Jillian Michaels a bit too 'solid' and 'built' for my liking!
I totally believe that it's diet that helps you lose weight, but that it's exercise
that changes your body shape!
Yes it does , as you know vie exercised all my life and done all sports and programs you can think of, including pilates . I've never had a problem with bony-ness
This is a new beast
My legs are not bad because my thighs are finally slim and they " appear toned" but to me they feel loose. When I see photos they don't look loose at all, I'm having my mind play tricks on me I guess
My friend asked me yesterday if I lift and I said no , she said I appear muscular in the arms ... I always seem to get that even when I'm heavier !

Having a slim tummy and small legs has been a battle and now that I have that I don't want it to change

I think I'm gonna drop the whole weight gain and muscles thing and try to maintain .. One Step at a time
Old 06-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #738
Big Yapper!!!!

Love the avi, CC!!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #739
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Nite nite!! I'm glad you're back!!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #740
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
. I've never had a problem with bony-ness
Oooooooh a problem I want!! He!!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #741
Major LCF Poster!

Hi GT! I'm good apart from this ring of blubber around my middle. Cankt wait to have that light feeling again and rid myself of all these yucky carbs! How is you? Just off tobed now but will check in, in the morning. No idea what I weigh but I don't think I've gone up too much... Time to get things moving me thinks.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #742
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yes it does , as you know vie exercised all my life and done all sports and programs you can think of, including pilates . I've never had a problem with bony-ness
This is a new beast
My legs are not bad because my thighs are finally slim and they " appear toned" but to me they feel loose. When I see photos they don't look loose at all, I'm having my mind play tricks on me I guess
My friend asked me yesterday if I lift and I said no , she said I appear muscular in the arms ... I always seem to get that even when I'm heavier !

Having a slim tummy and small legs has been a battle and now that I have that I don't want it to change

I think I'm gonna drop the whole weight gain and muscles thing and try to maintain .. One Step at a time
I honestly don't think you look too 'boney' in your pics. I think you look like you have the perfect model figure. The perfect balance of thin and toned. I also think you look like you were just born like that!! I think definitely ( and it's none of my business) that you look like you shouldn't lose any more.
Yeah maybe you should just work on maintaining for a while-to let your body get used to it's new weight. And with the exercise just continue what you're doing. And then up your cals slightly every week or so , so there's no shock to the system for your body. You might find that the 'half-starved' look as my Mum calls it, goes away by itself. It's not that you'll really gain or anything it's just that your body will kind of settle down after the shock of losing so much so quickly.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #743
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I honestly don't think you look too 'boney' in your pics. I think you look like you have the perfect model figure. The perfect balance of thin and toned. I also think you look like you were just born like that!! I think definitely ( and it's none of my business) that you look like you shouldn't lose any more.
Yeah maybe you should just work on maintaining for a while-to let your body get used to it's new weight. And with the exercise just continue what you're doing. And then up your cals slightly every week or so , so there's no shock to the system for your body. You might find that the 'half-starved' look as my Mum calls it, goes away by itself. It's not that you'll really gain or anything it's just that your body will kind of settle down after the shock of losing so much so quickly.
GT

I don't think I look bony or too thin either
Im gonna just relax and not worry about it , it could be worse issues right

Tanya
Old 06-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #744
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi GT! I'm good apart from this ring of blubber around my middle. Cankt wait to have that light feeling again and rid myself of all these yucky carbs! How is you? Just off tobed now but will check in, in the morning. No idea what I weigh but I don't think I've gone up too much... Time to get things moving me thinks.
Yeah I know the feeling! I was at home for a week so I'm slightly carbed-up!! I feel bloated! But today was on plan so hopefully tomorow my jeans will be loser!!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #745
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GT

I don't think I look bony or too thin either
Im gonna just relax and not worry about it , it could be worse issues right

Tanya
Well tis better to look too boney than too squishy!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #746
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well tis better to look too boney than too squishy!!!
GT

I do agree, I put some brand new photos in my album on my profile
you are welcome to look and hopefully you will think my new look is positive and not bad!

-Tanya
Old 06-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #747
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Let's get that ticker moving!
MMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seen Kate and Wills anywhere? Hang out awhile!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #748
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG the 'I smoke diet'.........'Crack diet'........LOL too funny!

i've been doing the 'mow' diet..........all this goddarn rain, I have to get my mow jo on twice a week to keep up!

Just remember y'all, the grass is always greener........AND you're your own worst critic!

just sayin'........
CC

I love your new avatar!

-Tanya
Old 06-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
hmmmmmmm...half eleven.......five thirty? (kidding )
Quote:
Love the avi, CC!!
I have quite the collection dontcha know!

Tanya you look awesome, get some earplugs!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #750
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CC

I love your new avatar!

-Tanya
thank you girl! The pic of you and the lamppost in the 'kini is killer!
Closed Thread