Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #691
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
As far as I know a low-fat food is one with less than 4grms of fat per 100g-so 4%, as eggs are 11% fat they are not so low fat. Yes not that high either but a lot higher than tuna, chicken breast etc. It makes them the same as 90/10 beef.

Yes some people follow to the letter and don't lose, others cheat and do lose a ton-- That's just life!

One of the reasons you reached goal in a such a short time with a few short stalls was because you didn't have a lot to lose....believe me the enthusiam wears off after a while!!

Everyone here knows that cheating is bad news. But every single one of us tweaks the plan somewhat so it works for us. I don't think there's anyone who can say they did it 100% by the book the whole time. Mine has always been having skimmed milk in my tea. Yours was tictacs and sf sweets.

I agree that it is a lot better to eat the fattier meats etc than having an all out carb fest!! I made the point about QWL being a low fat diet simply because people sometimes wonder why they're not getting the huge results from it, but when you look at the menus it's sausage, bacon and eggs for breakfast, and lots of hb eggs as snacks---and so that pushes the fat content up---soooo the results will be more along the lines of Atkins results as opposed to Stillman's. All of his diets-even his ridiculous ones, are low fat. I'm not saying one is better than the other. Different diets work for different people! As the saying goes the best diet is the one you can stick too!

Personally I much prefer a lower fat diet than an Atkins type one, i think my body does too. And I'll always go for a portion of lc veg over a fattier meat for energy.

Of course, the nearer you are to goal the easier it is to cheat. You don't have quite the same incentives as at the beginning. For the first year I can count of one hand the amount of cheats I had-they were all planned-Christmas day-chocolate, Easter-a Cadbury's Creme egg, on vacation a sweet pastry and an ice cream, and 2 candies at Halloween!! I know Al was basically the same --except her cheats were vodkas!!!

I think for all of us it's maintaining that will be the 'test' and seeing as you love challenges, Tanya-you should do really well!

I read a post from TaDa(Pauline) who summed it up brilliantly--she lost a lot of weight and has maintained it for years---she said maintaining is tough because basically, give or take a few minor tweaks, for maintainance you do the same as for weight loss but with none of the rewards!!
Maintaining sucks, thats why no one on here wants to do it.
plain and simple, even yourself, you are still trying to lose

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #692
Senior LCF Member

peanuts? now thats just plain nuts

I ate some peanuts today,a LOT

then I took time to review the damage, 20grams of FAT in the portion I ate today
YUCK and they werent even so good

you would think after all I have learned via Stillmans I would have checked on that first right? Goodness.

For that much grams I would have rather had something much better tasting and more filling

oh well, lesson learned

I hope everyone is doing well today and the appetites are starting to go away

Monday always sucks, but its a new start, new week, new goals
Old 06-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #693
Senior LCF Member

bread

Also, I wanted to add that I have been introducing some breads back in ( here and there, and only before 12 noon) and its been going ok

I know some people are interested in maintaining, so I am trying to follow Stillmans stay slim plan from his book right now

I still do mostly stillman style but every other day I will add something in

Last night I had baked chicken but I did have 1 biscuit, my weight is the same today.

I try to do a light work out the day after I eat the carbs and that seems to help keep everything in line.

I may not have started out at some huge weight, as has been pointed out, but I have yo yo dieted my whole life, and lost and regained the same 30 to 40 lbs over and over which has been the cause of much anxiety and depression, so I am still suffering and going through this battle just the rest of you, or those who may have a lot more to use
I think our mentality is still the same, and inability to have a healthy relationship with food, its all the same. weight high or low.

all I can do and will do is tell what works and what helps me.

after finally getting to goal after nearly 4 years,I feel now the game is really just starting... I have a lot of friends and family watching me too, they want to see if this is for real or if this some fad..I want to prove them wrong, and maybe help some of my other friends who are struggling...

This bulletin board has been such an inspiration and I am so glad everyone is still so active with questions and advice..

-Tanya
Old 06-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #694
Senior LCF Member

Psychdoc!

I've missed you, very much
I knew you were just totally slammed

-tanya
Old 06-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Vintageously View Post
IM!! You're such a dear. Thank you

And no you don't need drugs. What motivates you, I mean really motivates you? For me, it's buying smaller, cute clothes and being able to casually throw them into a very small overnight bag for a weekend away with the girls or family. And, it's also about looking as lovely as some my favorite vintage actresses. I want to look as skinny as I feel!!

So...what is your motivation for doing this? I have found a goal date does not motivate me. It only makes me more anxious and pressured, and then I perform poorly (meaning, cheating, overeating - pick one). I think picking something more personal, and even slightly ambiguous - like wearing a certain dress, feeling confident, being healthier, etc. - is so much more motivating because those are the things that stick around long after certain dates and events have passed. (Except for your wedding. That is important. However, I would focus on looking good for my wedding, not looking good by date X-X-XX)

Anway, I hope that encourages you!! How have things been going? Still seeing a downward trend?
Wow.. that's why I love you guys. . you always hit it. . I know what my motivation should be. . I just can't seem to get there.. do you know WHAT i MEAN?...I really thought (the last time I lost my weight) that I would remember how I feel at this very moment (always) and it would slap me back into reality. instead. .it makes me do worse things. . what gives? and whydo I continue to do this to myself over and over again. .NOt feeling very skinny. .my belly is bloated and I think I'm having hot flashes.. Can I please blame Menopause? Or . even better. . why can't I be one of those skinny dry gals? I guess. . whatever?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm up. . A Lot. . seriously.. I think the stress is getting to me again. . have to meet with an attorney tomorrow (biz stuff) and it always makes me nervous..

today started great. . 2 egg whites. . coffe with SF creamer. .

Lunch . . chix breast. . and 1 cup lettuce
Old 06-21-2011, 05:45 AM   #697
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
I like this whole phrase GT..This statement is a mark of maturity when it comes to understanding your body and what is best for it when trying to lose weight and maintain weight. Different strokes for different folks...I'm thoroughly impressed with your statement...

On another note...I've been extremely busy at work and because of this have been maintaining at my present weight for a few weeks...A few nuts here and there have been thrown into my diet, but nothing major...I just cannot fathom putting certain things in because I feel like a melt down would ensue...Just to maintain is good for me right now...I think my goal will be reached within weeks, but I'm not stressing about it...I'll talk more later but I'm tired and need sleep...Happy Meat Dreams Everyone...
....but I've always thought that!!! I really don't think there is one 'holy grail' diet!! ......well ok , I do think low carb is theeeeee best!!! But yeah there are different versions!! Oh yeah and I really think natural and unprocessed is the way to go!!......but as I say, I've always thought that!!!

I'm not completely anti-fat......just on my hips and thighs!!

Great job on maintaining!! I think it's good to maintain for a while and then drop a few more. (yeah I know I cry and whinge with stalls!!) but it probably keeps helping your body adjust!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #698
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh just one other thing about the high fight versus low fat low carb---some people actually do better with more fat, as in lose more, and have more energy, so if that's the case then I would definitely leave all the fat in!!
I don't think I do-I think my body prefers lower fat, i feel better with it, but then I do add in some salad veg every few days for energy, especially if I do cardio-I faint otherwise!
Al said--and it's so true---you can have one or the other, either add in fattier meats for energy or some veg--but not both as that will def slow down weight loss.

Maybe that's where I was getting the Atkins comparison---it's both, high fat with some veg!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:00 AM   #699
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
hey!

I just use the little sketchy fake coffee mate creamers.
just 1 per cup and then after that I dont want any more...
-T
I've never got why ye all love cream in your coffee!!! We don't use it at all! We drink a lot of lattes and cappucinos but with milk, and then we put milk in ordinary americanos. If you put cream on top won't it just sit floating on the top??!

Incidently--that was the way cappucinos were made in Ireland when I was a child--before we got all cosmopolitan!! They were americanos--actually not espresso, just filter type or instant coffee with a blob of cream floating on top and chocolate shavings! They were the height of sophistication!!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #700
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Maintaining sucks, thats why no one on here wants to do it.
plain and simple
it does!!! All of the sacrifices, none of the rewards!! Maintaining is like a never ending stall!!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:05 AM   #701
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I ate some peanuts today,a LOT

then I took time to review the damage, 20grams of FAT in the portion I ate today
YUCK and they werent even so good

you would think after all I have learned via Stillmans I would have checked on that first right? Goodness.

For that much grams I would have rather had something much better tasting and more filling

oh well, lesson learned

I hope everyone is doing well today and the appetites are starting to go away

Monday always sucks, but its a new start, new week, new goals
Mmmmm peanuts!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:11 AM   #702
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah I think the more cardio you do the more carbs you can eat ( note to self: that doesn't mean creme eggs!) No but seriously, cardio burns glucose and keeps your insulin levels in check, so you essentially burn those carbs off!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #703
Big Yapper!!!!

Tanya-I didn't mean it was easier for you because you had 20 or 30 lbs to lose. Losing weight is hard-period. I meant it in reference to cheating and sticking to plan 100% of the time. Your time frame was short, 2-3months, so the risks of cheating were less. you were still losing steadily so the disillusion or boredom had no time to set it. You were getting rewarded for your efforts.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #704
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I think our mentality is still the same, and inability to have a healthy relationship with food, its all the same. weight high or low.

-Tanya
I agree totally!! I've always said if we could fix the relationship with food the we'd be slim and healthy and happy for life!

I know maintaining will be hard for you-you've said yourself you're good at losing the weight.... and putting it on!!
I have never yo yo dieted-nooooooo I just got bigger and bigger!! So I don't know what it's like having everyone watching and waiting to see if you'll put it back on, knowing that you did before.
I know that a lot of people 'expect' that I'll put some weight back on, as in close friends and family. I think that's more to do with thinking I can't be this 'rigid' for ever.
The rest really look at me suspicially-how could I possibly have maintained for this long when statistically I should have regained. So I think most of my coworkers think I've had a gastric band. Which was unfortunately pointed out to me a few months ago when they were all eating cake, I wasn't, and one nice coworker said you never eat, cos you pysically can't with the gastric band--and then proceded to tell me when I had got it done!!!
I've always said maintaining scares the hell out of me. I've read the posts about people having lost, then regained with more and are now coming back to start it agsin. You know this from experience though
I think sticking with QWL for most of the time is a great plan! Then you can have little extras along the way. It really is a sensible plan-and one I think will work. My problem is that once I deviate off the plan I feel completely out of control. That actually has been the big difference for me between now-as in the last year-and when I was really losing. At the beginning I was able to have those cheats, enjoy them, and move on. I really thought I had it 'cracked'. Obviously not!! Interestingly, when I was losing the weight I had a much better relationship with food than I seem to have now. It just seems to get worse by the day! It's like, I know the theory-I'd get an A+ in that---but would be in real danger of failing the practical exam!!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #705
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I'm up. . A Lot. . seriously.. I think the stress is getting to me again. . have to meet with an attorney tomorrow (biz stuff) and it always makes me nervous..

today started great. . 2 egg whites. . coffe with SF creamer. .

Lunch . . chix breast. . and 1 cup lettuce
that sounds like a perfect menu......... Keep it going!!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #706
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm thinking of getting JM's 30 day shred. Has anyone done it? And are the results like what she promises? I've seen some pics and the results do look awesome! I like the notion of 20 mins. I do however wonder how you could get those results in so little time---especially if you've been working out before. My HIIT DVD is 1.5 hrs long and I do love it but I find I just don't have the energy for it. I try to do it every 2nd day--but hmm that doesn't always happen!! I always go back to the callanetics and Bar Method stuff and while I do love the toning they give--I need cardio to burn the last of the fat! I do actually have quite good muscles, it's just they're a bit covered in squish!! So Iwant ti shred it away!! He!!
Oh yeah and someone said that level1was on YT in it's entirety--but I can't find it--so if anyone knows where it is--heads up please!!
Old 06-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #707
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Hey all! Glad to seen everyone in such fine fiddle! I've been doing a maintenance thing and my weight seems to stay 140 - 145lbs, which makes me very happy - I dipped my toes in the 130s but that didn't last long. I've added in mixed greens, veggies, olive oil, coconut oil, etc.. I feel great, relaxed, even, confident. I think I can actually maintain and that is astounding!

I wanted to add to the mix - I think Tanya and some of the others have addressed these things beautifully but I thought I'd add a couple of things -
don't demonize eggs, eggs are your friend and they are beneficial to weightloss -

here's a little something I found on the subject -
The reason doctors suggest eggs can help in weight loss is that scientific research has proven that the leucine, which is an essential amino acid that is found in eggs, helps in the reduction of weight in your body. Leucine helps in the reduction of the loss of lean tissue when dieting, helps in the promotion of body fat, and is good in stabilizing the levels of blood glucose. There are also two antioxidants found in eggs – lutein and zeaxanthin. These antioxidants have been found to be very helpful in the reduction of cataract and age-related macular degeneration.

It has been proven that the increase of high quality protein in the diet with the inclusion of eggs produces a metabolic advantage to the body. This is because of the presence of a branched chain amino acid, leucine, which is found in eggs and lean meat. In fact, it is said that the amount of eggs that is consumed, and the time of the day that it is consumed are important factors to be reckoned with in weight loss.

So, enjoy your eggs!

Another thing I'm confused about is all the modifying going on with Stillmans. there are a plethora of programs out there that are much more "liveable" and will give you that .5 - 1.5lbs weightloss. You can have little treats and still lose 2-4lbs per month. I though that you end up with Stillman's because your prime aim is to get the weight off already. In other words, why bother with Stillman's if you're not going to bother with Stillman's? I'm going to quote a little from Dr. Stillman's QWL book -

"In short, if a food is not on the permitted food list, and you question whether or not you're allowed to eat it, the answer is "NO!". Most of my patients haven't found the restrictions too hard to handle because they realize that they can indulge in such food and drinks in moderation once they lose their excess weight. They know, as you will, that you go on this diet for a limited time only. "

I hope this doesn't come across as harsh. I just have had tremendous success on Stillmans and it's because I just went with it. I'm grateful for the plan it layed out - I enjoyed it and go back to it for a few days here and there if I've indulged too much. If you're modifying it and losing weight at a rate you're happy with, congratulations, I wish you the very best!
Old 06-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #708
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
Hey all! Glad to seen everyone in such fine fiddle! I've been doing a maintenance thing and my weight seems to stay 140 - 145lbs, which makes me very happy - I dipped my toes in the 130s but that didn't last long. I've added in mixed greens, veggies, olive oil, coconut oil, etc.. I feel great, relaxed, even, confident. I think I can actually maintain and that is astounding!

I wanted to add to the mix - I think Tanya and some of the others have addressed these things beautifully but I thought I'd add a couple of things -
don't demonize eggs, eggs are your friend and they are beneficial to weightloss -

here's a little something I found on the subject -
The reason doctors suggest eggs can help in weight loss is that scientific research has proven that the leucine, which is an essential amino acid that is found in eggs, helps in the reduction of weight in your body. Leucine helps in the reduction of the loss of lean tissue when dieting, helps in the promotion of body fat, and is good in stabilizing the levels of blood glucose. There are also two antioxidants found in eggs – lutein and zeaxanthin. These antioxidants have been found to be very helpful in the reduction of cataract and age-related macular degeneration.

It has been proven that the increase of high quality protein in the diet with the inclusion of eggs produces a metabolic advantage to the body. This is because of the presence of a branched chain amino acid, leucine, which is found in eggs and lean meat. In fact, it is said that the amount of eggs that is consumed, and the time of the day that it is consumed are important factors to be reckoned with in weight loss.

So, enjoy your eggs!

Another thing I'm confused about is all the modifying going on with Stillmans. there are a plethora of programs out there that are much more "liveable" and will give you that .5 - 1.5lbs weightloss. You can have little treats and still lose 2-4lbs per month. I though that you end up with Stillman's because your prime aim is to get the weight off already. In other words, why bother with Stillman's if you're not going to bother with Stillman's? I'm going to quote a little from Dr. Stillman's QWL book -

"In short, if a food is not on the permitted food list, and you question whether or not you're allowed to eat it, the answer is "NO!". Most of my patients haven't found the restrictions too hard to handle because they realize that they can indulge in such food and drinks in moderation once they lose their excess weight. They know, as you will, that you go on this diet for a limited time only. "

I hope this doesn't come across as harsh. I just have had tremendous success on Stillmans and it's because I just went with it. I'm grateful for the plan it layed out - I enjoyed it and go back to it for a few days here and there if I've indulged too much. If you're modifying it and losing weight at a rate you're happy with, congratulations, I wish you the very best!
VIV

Dont worry about sounding harsh, Stillmans book is ultra harsh
I still laugh thinking about how afwul he was in some of those chapters.

-Tanya
Old 06-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #709
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I'm thinking of getting JM's 30 day shred. Has anyone done it? And are the results like what she promises? I've seen some pics and the results do look awesome! I like the notion of 20 mins. I do however wonder how you could get those results in so little time---especially if you've been working out before. My HIIT DVD is 1.5 hrs long and I do love it but I find I just don't have the energy for it. I try to do it every 2nd day--but hmm that doesn't always happen!! I always go back to the callanetics and Bar Method stuff and while I do love the toning they give--I need cardio to burn the last of the fat! I do actually have quite good muscles, it's just they're a bit covered in squish!! So Iwant ti shred it away!! He!!
Oh yeah and someone said that level1was on YT in it's entirety--but I can't find it--so if anyone knows where it is--heads up please!!
GT
in the past few months have you been able to build any muscle or tone?

I am trying to do that, but I am not sure if it will work with the diet plan

I am slim now but I notice my muscle tone is not what it once was.
I know you work out all the time, and I Was just curious

-Tanya
Old 06-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok. .I'm back to reality. . .No cheating for the rest of this week. .Nothing.. Nothing. . NOTHING.. . not on plan shall pass these lips. . I'ma gonna try to give up my SF creamer, too. (or at least get it down to 1 cup). .

I know I'm eating too much, even when I follow plan and I have to stop. . I feel like I could eat a whole chicken with a size O eggs. . (dozen!!). .but I'll refrain. .Eggs are kinda boring when you can't put cheese and veggies in them. .

OK. .a quick poll:

How many of you use 2% cheese? if so. .do you limit? I'm curious. . I dont' really care for cottage cheese and just love cheese on everything from ground meat to chicken. . this may be more tolerable this time if I am ablet o have some. .Plus I don't believe 2% cheese was around when the good Doc wrote his rules. . IDK . just throwing it out there. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-21-2011 at 10:24 AM..
Old 06-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OO and I'm sorry for my negative post(s) yesterday..I'm getting it together. .scouts honor. .
Old 06-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There. . me and my new AVI feel much better! (Jezibel Kitty!)

By the way, GT. . Love that you put everything back into perspective..

Tanya: Yep. .cheating is really only cheating ourselves (Thank you, Mr. Brady) and I know we have to be strict but its so darn difficult some days. . and feels so unfair!!! There are so many things I loved about Stillmans (Not counting calories or points), no bloat. . easy. .lack of cravings. . but there are also so many downsides (especially when you have a famlily). .cooking is a real downer. . (I used to be the casserole, new recipe queen)..social events.. very difficult to find real meat at a a lot of them. .. kicking breath. . . tuna filled offices. . but I realized I threw in the towel way too early last time and just got overly frustrated with not being able to follow the diet with out cheating. My goal was always to lose the weight on Stillmans and then slowly re-introduce myself to WW. .following the points system while reducing my carb drastically. Problem is.. I never lost it all and continued to feel like a failure. . which is why I'm gaining it back over time. .

SO. .one day at a time. . One meal at a time. . I vow to no longer let one taste mess up my day. . I gotta think like the gal I used to be and do this for me. .to feel better and to look better. . and to get a better fitting BRA!!! OMG> . don't get me started on that. . I hate bra's. . it had to be a man who designed it. . HAD TO BE. . Bras and bikini undies have to be a chubby girl's worst enemy.. I'm about ready to put both in my purse and call it a day. .

Vive: glad to see you around. . .I look forward to reading your posts!

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-21-2011 at 10:25 AM..
Old 06-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #713
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Quote:
Ok. .I'm back to reality. . .No cheating for the rest of this week. .Nothing.. Nothing. . NOTHING.. . not on plan shall pass these lips. . I'ma gonna try to give up my SF creamer, too. (or at least get it down to 1 cup). .

I know I'm eating too much, even when I follow plan and I have to stop. . I feel like I could eat a whole chicken with a size O eggs. . (dozen!!). .but I'll refrain. .Eggs are kinda boring when you can't put cheese and veggies in them. .

OK. .a quick poll:

How many of you use 2% cheese? if so. .do you limit? I'm curious. . I dont' really care for cottage cheese and just love cheese on everything from ground meat to chicken. . this may be more tolerable this time if I am ablet o have some. .Plus I don't believe 2% cheese was around when the good Doc wrote his rules. . IDK . just throwing it out there. .
Hi IM! The first two days I was on Stillman's I used 4% cottage cheese by mistake. I used an entire 24 oz. container of it over 2 days and I still had good losses. Now that I have realized my mistake, I only use 0% cottage cheese. I'm kinda scared to keep using 4% for fear that it will make me stall or gain. I attempted to make pot cheese from skim milk last night, but it didn't turn out very well. I think I put too much vinegar and it made the cheese curds hard and rubbery.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
Hi IM! The first two days I was on Stillman's I used 4% cottage cheese by mistake. I used an entire 24 oz. container of it over 2 days and I still had good losses. Now that I have realized my mistake, I only use 0% cottage cheese. I'm kinda scared to keep using 4% for fear that it will make me stall or gain. I attempted to make pot cheese from skim milk last night, but it didn't turn out very well. I think I put too much vinegar and it made the cheese curds hard and rubbery.
Were they squeeky? my sissy used to work at a dairy and always brought home cheese curds. .and they squeeked when you ate them. . eeekk. .kinda turned me off. .
Old 06-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just wanted to report. .made it through breakfast. . No cheats and now I have lunch under my belt, so to speak. .

Perfect so far. . so good. . MMmmm
Old 06-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #716
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post

couldn't agree more!!!!!! I want to scream ' it's not QWL' when I hear of so many of the tweaks, and the 'is it ok if I add in x or y' .....yeah you can totally do what you want.....but then it aint QWL!!!
Wanna scream that theee whole time!!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #717
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Quote:
Were they squeeky? my sissy used to work at a dairy and always brought home cheese curds. .and they squeeked when you ate them. . eeekk. .kinda turned me off. .
Yes, they are! That's so funny! I'm gonna try to see if I can do something with it tonight, but I think I might have to chalk this one up as a loss.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #718
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GT
in the past few months have you been able to build any muscle or tone?

I am trying to do that, but I am not sure if it will work with the diet plan

I am slim now but I notice my muscle tone is not what it once was.
I know you work out all the time, and I Was just curious

-Tanya
Honestly--I don't know!!!!! i know I haven't lost any lean muscle mass and I know that is down to the working out and the high protein diet. I'm def not saggy like I probably should be with the weight loss--so for that at least I'm grateful!!
I feel as though I've built muscle like in my arms, even my thighs, calves and def abs......but here's the thing, I don't know if I've actually built them or just kept them toned and so the reason I think I've built them is because there's less fat covering them!!
Because as far as I know you can't build muscle on a calorie deficit. I thought that the high protein cancels that out-because we eat more protein than our body needs--but no, I've heard on good authority that you can't build muscle with a cal deficit, period!
I personally don't particularly want to build muscle--my preferred 'look', on me at least, is the 'skinny, i smoke a lot look' , if you get me!! I think naturally I probably have an athletic body--but as I'm not that tall and quite small boned that could look bulky--and in clothes bulky just looks fat!
I did all the toning type of working out because I thought bulking up slightly would ,in the long run, pay off, it would be the lesser of two evils. It was either that or loose skin!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #719
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

OK. .a quick poll:

I don't eat cheese-well actually occasionally now in restaurants at home--like I had a yuuuuumyyy goats cheese salad the other day---and no peeps I def don't need to know the fat count!!! But I have read a lot on the Atkins threads that cheese stalls many people. ......but then going back to our tweaking debate!!! i know Dukan-whiich essentially is a twaeked QWL to make it more doable--allows fat free dairy! So dunno!!
Again if it's more tolerable for you to have a little 2% cheese then have some---anything is better than giving up. In the end it's all low carb and I think that's the one thing we def all agree on--low carb is the way to go!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #720
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OO and I'm sorry for my negative post(s) yesterday..I'm getting it together. .scouts honor. .
But now all is right with the world cos your avi is pink!!!
Closed Thread