Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #661
Senior LCF Member

Stats: Lost 100 lbs. & 6 sizes; 30 lbs. and 2 sizes left!
WOE: Low cal, mod carb, and cycle it all
Start Date: Summer 2002
ME! ME! ME! I don't drink alcohol, but I love the flavored drinks so much! And I adore Crystal Light. When do these come out and where??

ETA: I cannot find these in my area. Any of you girls in the US want to mail me some? I will reimburse you, of course!

Last edited by Live Vintageously; 06-18-2011 at 08:44 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Reached my lowest weight this AM - .2 lbs lighter than my last lower weight earlier this week. Oddly enough, I was up 2 lbs yesterday AM. Does that mean it's just water weight?

I've been eating a lot more and I almost feel too full all day. A couple of times I thought to myself, "Not another bite of food, please!" I'm used to running on adrenaline, caffeine, and an empty stomach, with a few bites of food here and there. (And no, I'm not even close to skinny with these habits of mine!) But I'm trying to eat more protein. I remain guardedly optimistic.

My blog http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/bl...-vintageously/
Old 06-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #663
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
LV, thanks for sharing that! So you lost MORE weight eating MORE protein... that is similar to what Tanya said. LV, I think you can find CR at Walmart.
Lost another 1 lb from yesterday.... So now about 1 lb heavier than before the refeed.
I have no idea whether I am actually shedding fat or its just water retained from the carbs. But I do feel more energetic than before, and greater appetite too.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #664
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Is anyone else excited?!?!?!?!
I told you they were coming!! I read a thread about it!! cool!!! Mmmmmm Martinis all day long!!
Old 06-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #665
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Vintageously View Post
Reached my lowest weight this AM - .2 lbs lighter than my last lower weight earlier this week.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
4th Day Results

As of this morning, I am down to 133.2 (from 139) after 4 days of Stillman's eating. That's nearly 6 lbs. in 4 days just in case you're counting. It's only been a few days, but I think I am noticing that on the days that I drink more fluids, I have bigger losses the next morning. Also, I seem to do better on the days I eat chicken vs. lean beef. Tanya and LV are right about the lean high protein. I saw on another forum that a person had better losses when they didn't eat the cheese, so I may try that soon to see if it increases my losses at all (oh, but I do love my cottage cheese concoctions).

Now it's confession time: Yesterday, I ate on plan all day until I went out to a Mexican restaurant with the BF...and.....(gulp)...I ate...I ate a wet burrito. With a drizzle of sour cream on top, but just a drizzle! I did not eat the vegetables, rice or beans...just the burrito meat and the flour tortilla. I also had a few vodka sodas. I know, I know...I was a bad girl. And I was terrified to step on the scale this morning, but I was very surprised to see a 1 lb. loss from yesterday! I don't know how that happened, but I won't be eating any more burritos. I don't want to go off plan again for the next two weeks so I can maximize my losses.

I'm so glad I found this thread. I feel like this is the only place where I can talk about this stuff and you guys understand. It's amazing to me how people are always encouraging you to just go ahead and have some cake or pizza or ice cream or whatever carby, sugary, processed thing they are eating and seem to get offended when you decline but then turn around and ask you how you lost weight and how you stay "slim."
Old 06-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #667
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Reached my lowest weight this AM - .2 lbs lighter than my last lower weight earlier this week. Oddly enough, I was up 2 lbs yesterday AM. Does that mean it's just water weight?

I've been eating a lot more and I almost feel too full all day. A couple of times I thought to myself, "Not another bite of food, please!" I'm used to running on adrenaline, caffeine, and an empty stomach, with a few bites of food here and there. (And no, I'm not even close to skinny with these habits of mine!) But I'm trying to eat more protein. I remain guardedly optimistic.
Vintage. . I'm soooooo excited for you. OMG> . that is soooo wonderful.. sometimes one has to trick their body..so glad it is working for you. .

I need your resolve! graduation party = bad news. . baseball game = worse news.. I need motivation and/or drugs. .
Old 06-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quiet this weekend.. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 06-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #669
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
Tanya, I sooo need to try deer!
I've actually went to Alaska, fished salmon there, cooked it, and ate it an hour out of the river...and I can say its the best fish I've ever eaten in my life. If you ever visit Alaska, you need to try that! The scenery is also amazing .
And no, I've not been eating any fatty meats whatsoever. Now that you mention it, I think the first thing I will eat after I get to goal is a small sirloin steak. I just looove steak, even though I always get a pimple or two from eating it!
I seriously wonder, if fat and carbs stall us so much, how do people on other diets even manage to lose weight at all? That's probably why 95% of people on diets fail, because weight loss is too slow, and restricting calories is so much work.
Pure!
This whole wight loss thing can be so confusing
I just hope we can do this and keep the weight off !
-T
Old 06-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Is anyone else excited?!?!?!?!
I hear they are only limited time and in limited stores

I look forward to trying !
Old 06-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #671
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
As of this morning, I am down to 133.2 (from 139) after 4 days of Stillman's eating. That's nearly 6 lbs. in 4 days just in case you're counting. It's only been a few days, but I think I am noticing that on the days that I drink more fluids, I have bigger losses the next morning. Also, I seem to do better on the days I eat chicken vs. lean beef. Tanya and LV are right about the lean high protein. I saw on another forum that a person had better losses when they didn't eat the cheese, so I may try that soon to see if it increases my losses at all (oh, but I do love my cottage cheese concoctions).

Now it's confession time: Yesterday, I ate on plan all day until I went out to a Mexican restaurant with the BF...and.....(gulp)...I ate...I ate a wet burrito. With a drizzle of sour cream on top, but just a drizzle! I did not eat the vegetables, rice or beans...just the burrito meat and the flour tortilla. I also had a few vodka sodas. I know, I know...I was a bad girl. And I was terrified to step on the scale this morning, but I was very surprised to see a 1 lb. loss from yesterday! I don't know how that happened, but I won't be eating any
more burritos. I don't want to go off plan again for the next two weeks so I can maximize my losses.
I'm so glad I found this thread. I feel like this is the only place where I can talk about this stuff and you guys understand. It's amazing to me how people are always encouraging you to just go ahead and have some cake or pizza or ice cream or whatever carby, sugary, processed thing they are eating and seem to get offended when you decline but then turn around and ask you how you lost weight and how you stay "slim."
Hi ! That burrito is not horrible, the key is just getting right back to plan and I know you already know that !
Its even harder once u hit goal , u have less motivation to stay strict because you aren't looking to burn a lot of fat

As far as cheese, keep in the cheese until you hit a stall that you can't push past
When I first began stillmans they told me to include as much fat as I could eat that is approved and still lose weight and only start cutting if needed
Be careful and advise u to do the same

I never cut cream in my coffee or approved cheeses or sugar free gum , jello and tic tacs and my losses were right on target! So take it one step at a time
As long as you are losing , just stay steady and don't get " cut happy" it's a trap !
Once you start cutting stuff , you risk gains when you seek to add those back in !!
Look at your menu week by week and adjust only if needed , I've watched it happen on this board and it's nonsense really unless you truly are hitting a wall

You are losing fast, and it's so early , keep the cottage cheese for now, it's approved my Stillman himself!

-Tanya
Old 06-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Up 5 pounds.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #673
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Vintage. . I'm soooooo excited for you. OMG> . that is soooo wonderful.. sometimes one has to trick their body..so glad it is working for you. .

I need your resolve! graduation party = bad news. . baseball game = worse news.. I need motivation and/or drugs. .
IM!! You're such a dear. Thank you

And no you don't need drugs. What motivates you, I mean really motivates you? For me, it's buying smaller, cute clothes and being able to casually throw them into a very small overnight bag for a weekend away with the girls or family. And, it's also about looking as lovely as some my favorite vintage actresses. I want to look as skinny as I feel!!

So...what is your motivation for doing this? I have found a goal date does not motivate me. It only makes me more anxious and pressured, and then I perform poorly (meaning, cheating, overeating - pick one). I think picking something more personal, and even slightly ambiguous - like wearing a certain dress, feeling confident, being healthier, etc. - is so much more motivating because those are the things that stick around long after certain dates and events have passed. (Except for your wedding. That is important. However, I would focus on looking good for my wedding, not looking good by date X-X-XX)

Anway, I hope that encourages you!! How have things been going? Still seeing a downward trend?
Old 06-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #674
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hi ! That burrito is not horrible, the key is just getting right back to plan and I know you already know that !
Its even harder once u hit goal , u have less motivation to stay strict because you aren't looking to burn a lot of fat

As far as cheese, keep in the cheese until you hit a stall that you can't push past
When I first began stillmans they told me to include as much fat as I could eat that is approved and still lose weight and only start cutting if needed

I never cut cream in my coffee or approved cheeses or sugar free gum , jello and tic tacs and my losses were right on target! So take it one step at a time
As long as you are losing , just stay steady and don't get " cut happy" it's a trap !
Once you start cutting stuff , you risk gains when you seek to add those back in !!
Look at your menu week by week and adjust only if needed , I've watched it happen on this board and it's nonsense really unless you truly are hitting a wall

You are losing fast, and it's so early , keep the cottage cheese for now, it's approved my Stillman himself!

-Tanya
I second what Tayna said!! Really, one meal is not going to ruin your results. I actually eat some carb at least once a day and haven't had any problems. In fact, cutting out vegetables has been the easiest thing ever. (I know, I know! I love veggies, but it's hard to eat it all. It seems to leave less room for protein and I don't lose weight just eating veggies and protein, for whatever reason. It's protein and some starch for me!)
Old 06-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #675
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

-Tanya
Thanks for the advice Tanya. I didn't even consider that cutting things out could make problems for me later. I will stick to the plan as is. Actually, I'm quite happy to stick to the plan as is. I've lost 6.4 lbs. in 5 days and I am very happy with that. :-)
Old 06-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #676
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Up 5 pounds.
That is a huge discouragement, Amelie.

Here's a suggestion: have you tried adding a bit of carb to one of your Still meals? I know it goes against the actual Stillman approved foods. However, I have found that by adding some starch to my protein - usually in the AM - has helped tremendously. I physically feel better, it's easier to adhere to legal Stills meals, and I still lose weight. I must emphasize I eat starch and not a salad or plate of veggies. I usually do a slice of Ezekial (sprouted) bread. I also have eaten a few bites of iced cake with my chicken (not in the same bite of course!!), enjoyed some sweet potato fries with my hamburger, even had a small scoop of ice cream right after I had some lean beef.

I'm a bit rogue with my Stills, so take it as you will. It might just be you need to tweak it to find what works for you.

I hope it works out soon for you!!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #677
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That is a huge discouragement, Amelie.

Here's a suggestion: have you tried adding a bit of carb to one of your Still meals? I know it goes against the actual Stillman approved foods. However, I have found that by adding some starch to my protein - usually in the AM - has helped tremendously. I physically feel better, it's easier to adhere to legal Stills meals, and I still lose weight. I must emphasize I eat starch and not a salad or plate of veggies. I usually do a slice of Ezekial (sprouted) bread. I also have eaten a few bites of iced cake with my chicken (not in the same bite of course!!), enjoyed some sweet potato fries with my hamburger, even had a small scoop of ice cream right after I had some lean beef.

I'm a bit rogue with my Stills, so take it as you will. It might just be you need to tweak it to find what works for you.

I hope it works out soon for you!!

I agree with this !
Ever since I've added in my toast , I feel the days are so much easier
Old 06-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #678
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Up 5 pounds.
Ugh Amelie
This is no good
Did u eat a bit different this week ? Weekend ?
Old 06-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #679
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
I had maybe fifteen potato chips.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #680
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
IM!! You're such a dear. Thank you

And no you don't need drugs. What motivates you, I mean really motivates you? For me, it's buying smaller, cute clothes and being able to casually throw them into a very small overnight bag for a weekend away with the girls or family. And,
My motivation too!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #681
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah if I eat a small bowl of oatmeal in the morning my energy levels are great!! Don't think i lose though!!
Old 06-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #682
Big Yapper!!!!

Just to say again if you eat fattier cuts of meat and loads of eggs then it's not QWL, it's more Atkins style, so you can't expect Stillman's promised results! QWL is a practically zero fat, zero carb diet.

Just saying!!! ....now if you lose with the extra fat then keep going!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #683
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Just to say again if you eat fattier cuts of meat and loads of eggs then it's not QWL, it's more Atkins style, so you can't expect Stillman's promised results! QWL is a practically zero fat, zero carb diet.

Just saying!!! ....now if you lose with the extra fat then keep going!!!
GT-

I know we dont all have this figured out, and I hesitate to keep wanting to put labels on these things, atkins, qwl, etc etc. Stillmans book has several plans and adjustments can be made depending on the person, so its impossible to impose the same set of rules on every person. Some people follow to the letter and dont lose and others cheat all the time and still lose a ton. That makes me just really think.

And then you have to consider what is " loads of eggs" and tons of fat really means, this is all relative.

Now that I have several months of my belt and I am past the QWL element of the diet, I just feel skeptical about a lot of things that were told to me earlier on. Had I followed some of that advice I would have had more trouble. I dont mind a bit of trial and error, but there are certain hard and fast rules we must stand by. I notice some people talk about not being able to lose and having these issues and wonder deep down if there isnt some reason for that, some kind of food or drink that they are having which may cause a stall.
However ONE piece of advice that a person on QWL should stand by is NO CHEATING. If you are serious, you have to stand tall and stay strong. Literally, especially in the beginning. I notice some people on the program a week and are already having things they shouldnt. That is really bad news.
Staying strict in the beginning will set you up for much success as you go along.
That is the one thing I refused to budge on in the very beginning and I think that is why I Was able to reach goal with just a few short stalls and that was it.
I have cheats now but only because I have been re-trained to eat less and my appetite is less. Had I cheated too soon, i would have derailed all my efforts.

I say, eat eggs all day long if that means you arent going to snap, and start cheating.
Eggs are allowed on stillmans( obviously within reason not a whole carton), so I dont see how that qualifies as Atkins, when it clearly states its approved.
Fatty meats, now that is not allowed, I agree with you on that one. I think fatty meats are getting a lot of us in trouble on this board, I see it...we have to be careful!
However I personally have stuck with my eggs this whole time, and if anything I am STILL losing weight... I thank eggs !

-Tanya

Last edited by akagal20; 06-20-2011 at 11:22 AM..
Old 06-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #684
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I second what Tayna said!! Really, one meal is not going to ruin your results. I actually eat some carb at least once a day and haven't had any problems. In fact, cutting out vegetables has been the easiest thing ever. (I know, I know! I love veggies, but it's hard to eat it all. It seems to leave less room for protein and I don't lose weight just eating veggies and protein, for whatever reason. It's protein and some starch for me!)
Thanks LV! That makes me feel better. Stillman's is so much more forgiving than hCG. I know I keep bringing up hCG in this Stillman's thread, but I can't help making the comparison. I honestly did not think it was possible to lose weight this quickly without using hCG. And I can't get over the fact that I'm not hungry or crave-y (is that a word? lol).
Old 06-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #685
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

-Tanya
Tanya, do you use heavy whipping cream in your coffee, half and half or a non-dairy Coffeemate type?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #686
Big Yapper!!!!

As far as I know a low-fat food is one with less than 4grms of fat per 100g-so 4%, as eggs are 11% fat they are not so low fat. Yes not that high either but a lot higher than tuna, chicken breast etc. It makes them the same as 90/10 beef.

Yes some people follow to the letter and don't lose, others cheat and do lose a ton-- That's just life!

One of the reasons you reached goal in a such a short time with a few short stalls was because you didn't have a lot to lose....believe me the enthusiam wears off after a while!!

Everyone here knows that cheating is bad news. But every single one of us tweaks the plan somewhat so it works for us. I don't think there's anyone who can say they did it 100% by the book the whole time. Mine has always been having skimmed milk in my tea. Yours was tictacs and sf sweets.

I agree that it is a lot better to eat the fattier meats etc than having an all out carb fest!! I made the point about QWL being a low fat diet simply because people sometimes wonder why they're not getting the huge results from it, but when you look at the menus it's sausage, bacon and eggs for breakfast, and lots of hb eggs as snacks---and so that pushes the fat content up---soooo the results will be more along the lines of Atkins results as opposed to Stillman's. All of his diets-even his ridiculous ones, are low fat. I'm not saying one is better than the other. Different diets work for different people! As the saying goes the best diet is the one you can stick too!

Personally I much prefer a lower fat diet than an Atkins type one, i think my body does too. And I'll always go for a portion of lc veg over a fattier meat for energy.

Of course, the nearer you are to goal the easier it is to cheat. You don't have quite the same incentives as at the beginning. For the first year I can count of one hand the amount of cheats I had-they were all planned-Christmas day-chocolate, Easter-a Cadbury's Creme egg, on vacation a sweet pastry and an ice cream, and 2 candies at Halloween!! I know Al was basically the same --except her cheats were vodkas!!!

I think for all of us it's maintaining that will be the 'test' and seeing as you love challenges, Tanya-you should do really well!

I read a post from TaDa(Pauline) who summed it up brilliantly--she lost a lot of weight and has maintained it for years---she said maintaining is tough because basically, give or take a few minor tweaks, for maintainance you do the same as for weight loss but with none of the rewards!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #687
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks LV! That makes me feel better. Stillman's is so much more forgiving than hCG. I know I keep bringing up hCG in this Stillman's thread, but I can't help making the comparison. I honestly did not think it was possible to lose weight this quickly without using hCG. And I can't get over the fact that I'm not hungry or crave-y (is that a word? lol).
Yup you def get the zero hunger with QWL! I say dump the drops, and save your money for yummy cans of tuna!!!! ...........but on hcg ya get to have apples--I miss apples!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #688
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Quote:
As far as I know a low-fat food is one with less than 4grms of fat per 100g-so 4%, as eggs are 11% fat they are not so low fat. Yes not that high either but a lot higher than tuna, chicken breast etc. It makes them the same as 90/10 beef.

Yes some people follow to the letter and don't lose, others cheat and do lose a ton-- That's just life!

One of the reasons you reached goal in a such a short time with a few short stalls was because you didn't have a lot to lose....believe me the enthusiam wears off after a while!!

Everyone here knows that cheating is bad news. But every single one of us tweaks the plan somewhat so it works for us. I don't think there's anyone who can say they did it 100% by the book the whole time. Mine has always been having skimmed milk in my tea. Yours was tictacs and sf sweets.

I agree that it is a lot better to eat the fattier meats etc than having an all out carb fest!! I made the point about QWL being a low fat diet simply because people sometimes wonder why they're not getting the huge results from it, but when you look at the menus it's sausage, bacon and eggs for breakfast, and lots of hb eggs as snacks---and so that pushes the fat content up---soooo the results will be more along the lines of Atkins results as opposed to Stillman's. All of his diets-even his ridiculous ones, are low fat. I'm not saying one is better than the other. Different diets work for different people! As the saying goes the best diet is the one you can stick too!

Personally I much prefer a lower fat diet than an Atkins type one, i think my body does too. And I'll always go for a portion of lc veg over a fattier meat for energy.

Of course, the nearer you are to goal the easier it is to cheat. You don't have quite the same incentives as at the beginning. For the first year I can count of one hand the amount of cheats I had-they were all planned-Christmas day-chocolate, Easter-a Cadbury's Creme egg, on vacation a sweet pastry and an ice cream, and 2 candies at Halloween!! I know Al was basically the same --except her cheats were vodkas!!!

I think for all of us it's maintaining that will be the 'test' and seeing as you love challenges, Tanya-you should do really well!

I read a post from TaDa(Pauline) who summed it up brilliantly--she lost a lot of weight and has maintained it for years---she said maintaining is tough because basically, give or take a few minor tweaks, for maintainance you do the same as for weight loss but with none of the rewards!!
I like this whole phrase GT..This statement is a mark of maturity when it comes to understanding your body and what is best for it when trying to lose weight and maintain weight. Different strokes for different folks...I'm thoroughly impressed with your statement...

On another note...I've been extremely busy at work and because of this have been maintaining at my present weight for a few weeks...A few nuts here and there have been thrown into my diet, but nothing major...I just cannot fathom putting certain things in because I feel like a melt down would ensue...Just to maintain is good for me right now...I think my goal will be reached within weeks, but I'm not stressing about it...I'll talk more later but I'm tired and need sleep...Happy Meat Dreams Everyone...
Old 06-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #689
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

GT

You are the queen.
I love and appreciate your advice and wisdom!

-Tanya
Old 06-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #690
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Tanya, do you use heavy whipping cream in your coffee, half and half or a non-dairy Coffeemate type?
hey!

I just use the little sketchy fake coffee mate creamers.
just 1 per cup and then after that I dont want any more...
-T
Closed Thread