Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #631
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
because you don't have a lot to lose they won't continue as fast!.....but they will be faster than any other weight loss programme!!
According to Stillman's weight chart, I should weigh 109 lbs.-115 lbs. at my height (5'3"), so I have about 20 more lbs. to lose. I haven't weighed 115 since high school! In fact, my 20th high school reunion is coming up in August. How awesome would it be for me to be at my high school weight by then?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2011, 03:02 AM   #632
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
So today, as I said I would, I did a refeed. I ate almost twice more than I planned to, exactly 2678 calories and 573.8 g carbs, so I will go straight back to stillman's tomorrow morning. I ate the following items: plain noodles, fat free crackers, brown sugar, and dried fruit, and ate many mini meals throughout the day. I think I was fairly successful in keeping today's food intake to just simple sugars, almost no fat or protein. I'll weigh tomorrow morning and up my lean protein intake starting tomorrow morning. I really hope that all these carbs will kick my body out of starvation mode-we'll see. Tanya and GT, do you have any advice as to how many calories I should eat for lean protein starting tomorrow? Although I like to lose weight fast, I don't want to kill my metabolism again and have to do another refeed. T, approx. how many calories were you eating before maintenance? And thanks again for the diary, I love it! I'm going to start doing one too.
I hope the refeed works well for you. The scale will definitely be up today-could be as much as 3-5lbs. Don't get discouraged though. It should drop again pretty quick.
I don't know about Tanya-but my cals are very low, I'm one of the ones that eats a HB egg for break., can of tuna for dinner and a chicken breast for lunch! I don't really reccommend keeping your cals that low-it will definitely ruin your metabolism. I think they say that anything under 800 cals is starvation mode and generally you shouldn't go lower than 1000 cals. That's a lot of meat though!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-16-2011, 03:04 AM   #633
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
According to Stillman's weight chart, I should weigh 109 lbs.-115 lbs. at my height (5'3"), so I have about 20 more lbs. to lose. I haven't weighed 115 since high school! In fact, my 20th high school reunion is coming up in August. How awesome would it be for me to be at my high school weight by then?
You should drop about 20lbs by August!!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:37 AM   #634
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
So today, as I said I would, I did a refeed. I ate almost twice more than I planned to, exactly 2678 calories and 573.8 g carbs, so I will go straight back to stillman's tomorrow morning. I ate the following items: plain noodles, fat free crackers, brown sugar, and dried fruit, and ate many mini meals throughout the day. I think I was fairly successful in keeping today's food intake to just simple sugars, almost no fat or protein. I'll weigh tomorrow morning and up my lean protein intake starting tomorrow morning. I really hope that all these carbs will kick my body out of starvation mode-we'll see. Tanya and GT, do you have any advice as to how many calories I should eat for lean protein starting tomorrow? Although I like to lose weight fast, I don't want to kill my metabolism again and have to do another refeed. T, approx. how many calories were you eating before maintenance? And thanks again for the diary, I love it! I'm going to start doing one too.
Hey !
Ok I don't count calories at all , period, no way , never. Which I'm very happy about
If I had to guess, maybe 1,000 ?
Not really certain
Old 06-16-2011, 05:40 AM   #635
Senior LCF Member

Adding wheat toast

Alright I did my first weigh in after 3 days of wheat toast add in for breakfast
I am down 2 lbs
Ok really ?

So wheat toast with sausage and egg is the key
Maybe I'll have two slices of toast ?
Old 06-16-2011, 06:41 AM   #636
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Bummer - my 1g carb unsweetened baking chocolate is OOS. Aaargh.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #637
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
GT you're right, I'm up exactly 3 pounds. With your low calorie intake, are you still losing steadily?
Tanya, I can't believe you lost another 2 lbs! But have fun trying out maintenance!
I'm really curious as to what will happen tomorrow on the scale...
By the way, the refeed wasn't really fun. All the fun foods I like, for example ( cheesecake, chocolate cake, ice cream, pasta with creamy sauce, etc) all combine high carbs with high fat and were off limits. And I'm glad to be back to stillman's today, I don't even want to think of what would happen if I continued the refeed today.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #638
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Thank you, GT. . I bought a cute petitfour tray and think I might just buy something. . I can leave it there, then!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-16-2011 at 11:51 AM..
Old 06-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sorry for my bad attitude, but I just feel SO frustrated. I just got my act together and gained the willpower to resist cheat foods, but now my body won't even comply. This is too sad. I feel defeated.
How long have you been doing this? You have to remember how much you've lost so far. . Everyone and I do mean, everyone hits a plateau sooner or later. The biggest thing.. is don't give up.. Don't! I know how frustrating it can be. . I lose extremely slow (and am, in fact, at my starting weight again. . and I've been doing this over a week!). . but I gotta hang in there. . I know it will work . . I think some of us have dieted far too long and our body is afraid we are going to "do that again". . We have to trick it into believe it is for the better..

give it another day or two. you will surely see results!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ok T, I think I'm going to stop working out anyway, because I don't really have the motivation or energy for it anymore.
Menus:
Sat: one egg, 6 shrimp, 1 cup black coffee, 2 flounder fillets ( all boiled, no additives)
Sun: 4 eggs, 15 shrimp, flounder fillet
Mon: 5 eggs, 1 flounder fillet, 4-oz chicken breast
Tues: 1 egg, 4-oz chicken breast
I exercised intensely at least half an hour on Sat, Sun, and Mon. I lost like 0.5-0.8 lbs over the weekend, but I can't remember exactly how much I lost. I did 3 hours of housework on Tuesday (yesterday), and then lost 0.2 lbs after that much exercise and eating quite little. I think I am in starvation mode or something- I'm not going to fast because seeing as I did something similar yesterday and it didn't even work really well- I know its not going to work. I think I'll do some research and try a refeed. GT, I like your idea of low fat high carbs, but I don't really know how long I should do this refeed, or how many calories I should be consuming during the day. I don't want to gain a lot of fat during the refeed, just keep the same weight but make my body's metabolism go back to normal. Any advice on calories/ length of refeed? Plus what are some good foods to eat on a refeed? I'm thinking of going for really high carb foods like bagels, whole wheat bread, potatoes, and eating no more than 1200-1500 calories a day for 2 days, and no exercise.
I hate to say this. . but maybe you want to cut back the eggs a bit and supplement with some lean fish, chicken, etc.. Eggs do have a lot of fat in them so that may be what is causing your stall. .

As far as a refeed goes. . someone the board used to do it once a week (I believe it was on Friday but only for one meal. .you are allowed to eat what you want to feel satisfied and then you are done! Your meal cannot last longer than an hour.. ). .do not weigh yourself until 1 to 2 days after and then you should see a woosh. . (the day after, you may maintain some water weight from sodium)

Wish I had more to help. . those stalls can be so frustrating. . you are working out a lot and I am sure you know. Muscle weighs more than fat so you are probably firming right up. . try measuring yourself and guage some of your success on how your clothes fit! That always helps me. . as long as I can button my pants, I'm golden!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Still plateau-ing. But I'm keeping trucking.
I'm with you. . So lets stick it out .. we can do it!
Old 06-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #642
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry for answering all the old posts. . I wasn't aware that I had missed out on so much after being "off" for a day. .

So. .my son picked an Italian Restuarant for dinner. .not a good one, mind you. . one of those "fast food" fake sit down ones. . Where they bring you unlimited bread sticks! Nothing meaty about that place. .

I thought. . OK. . I can do this. . I'll just order the chicken salad. . A little off but not bad. . and no one has ever gained weight by eating greens! Think about it. . .Lettuce does not make you fat. . it's what you put on it. . or eat with it. . anyway, I was really proud of myself for not caving in and ordering the baked spaghetti or pizza or. . Anyway. ... The salad came and it was drenched in dressing! and I do mean drenched. ((sigh))0. . I guess I could have sent it back but I kept thinking. . its all my fault for not reading the fine print. . Anyway, long story short. .I ate the dumb salad and while I was at it. . I ate a bread stick (or two), as well.. Errgg. O and had one of those after dinner chocolate thingies to top it off . . . .If my family was going to smell like garlic. .so was I !!

The only saving grace of the day was that everyone was too full to eat any birthday cake. . so that is in the freezer waiting for them tonight. .I think I'll call home and tell my son to eat the whole thing. . I took a Tylenol PM and went straight to bed and woke up this morning with a new bounce in my step. .so I bounced right on over to the scale. . back to 170!! when will I learn. . .??

OK. .so today shall be a new day and I shall eat only what I am allowed to. . so far, so good! I'm counting WW points, too to keep it real. . I think I eat tooo much. . I'm a grazer and haven't really learned to enjoy hunger pains. . I need to hear the growl to really appreciate what I can eat. .

3 Eggs whites for breakfast
6 oz seasoned, grilled steak for lunch (with 1 cup of greens). .

I will be having grilled pork on the bar-B for dinner. .
Old 06-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #643
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
GT you're right, I'm up exactly 3 pounds. With your low calorie intake, are you still losing steadily?
Tanya, I can't believe you lost another 2 lbs! But have fun trying out maintenance!
By the way, the refeed wasn't really fun. All the fun foods I like, for example ( cheesecake, chocolate cake, ice cream, pasta with creamy sauce, etc) all combine high carbs with high fat and were off limits. And I'm glad to be back to stillman's today, I don't even want to think of what would happen if I continued the refeed today.
Pure,
oh I dont know either. I think when I eat the bread in the morning, mentally I want to compensate for it by making my others meals smaller. I eat realy light in the evenings.
Today I had 2 slices of toast with my morning egg/sausage, and I allowed myself some candy after my lunch...
I am obviously horrible at maintaining, but great at losing ( and gaining!)

-T
Old 06-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #644
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Pure,

Also I had to cut back on normal eggs and eat the egg substitute or carton egg whites, my weight stays lower that way.

-T
Old 06-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #645
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Day Two Results

Yay! This morning I was down .8 lbs! That's 4.2 lbs in 2 days! I'm trying to manage my expectations because I know that my losses will level out, but what I'm most excited about is that I do not feel hungry or deprived. When I was on hCG, I didn't feel hungry but I certainly felt deprived. While I appreciated the simplicity of the allowed foods, 500 calories a day is not very much to chew on. I love that I can eat (lean) meats, eggs and certain cheeses until I am satisfied...and I'm still losing!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #646
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Alright I did my first weigh in after 3 days of wheat toast add in for breakfast
I am down 2 lbs
Ok really ?

So wheat toast with sausage and egg is the key
Maybe I'll have two slices of toast ?
Oh it's so not fair!!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #647
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Noooooooo!!! I'm not!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #648
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Pure,
oh I dont know either. I think when I eat the bread in the morning, mentally I want to compensate for it by making my others meals smaller. I eat realy light in the evenings.
Today I had 2 slices of toast with my morning egg/sausage, and I allowed myself some candy after my lunch...
I am obviously horrible at maintaining, but great at losing ( and gaining!)

-T
If you lose eating candy I'll shoot myself!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #649
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
Yay! This morning I was down .8 lbs! That's 4.2 lbs in 2 days! I'm trying to manage my expectations because I know that my losses will level out, but what I'm most excited about is that I do not feel hungry or deprived. When I was on hCG, I didn't feel hungry but I certainly felt deprived. While I appreciated the simplicity of the allowed foods, 500 calories a day is not very much to chew on. I love that I can eat (lean) meats, eggs and certain cheeses until I am satisfied...and I'm still losing!
Great results!!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #650
Big Yapper!!!!

Got my hair cut-only a bit-but it's very choppy!! Hmmm hope it doesn't make me older!!!

Was buying lippy and the makeup girl said, oh you've got great cheekbones!! Aaaagh!! I don't, it's just my thin face!!

And had a piece of Hersheys almond chocolate, a friend had it and Reeces peanut cups or something. Anyway Hersheys choc def lacks sugar!! I'm not sure I'd love choc so much if Hersheys was all we had!!.........go bust, Cadbury, go bust!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #651
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh it's so not fair!!
GT
Maybe u should add in wheat toast with your HB egg

U never know
-T
Old 06-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #652
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Getting there!!!;14745687]If you lose eating candy I'll shoot myself!!![/QUOTE

I'm not setting a good maintain example
My husband said that I'm still on stillmans
I told him I'm not really gonna seriously into changing my diet until after our honeymoon !
I need to be awesome for my bikini and no fat in sight
I still eat according to the plan and now I'm being " nuts" by having my wheat toast

I must admit the toast Does help me stay on target because my desire for bread is taken away and I'm more likely to stay on plan all day
And since I eat It in the morn, I burn the carbs , well most of them

- Tanya
Old 06-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #653
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

must say no to birthdaycake. must not look. taste, smell. eergg
Old 06-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #654
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
must say no to birthdaycake. must not look. taste, smell. eergg
Oh but it's ice cream cake--meeeeeee waaaaaaaant!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #655
Senior LCF Member

GT, how long have you been stuck at 119? That must be a very hard stall to break through, given how low your caloric intake is. Have you tried a refeed, or upping calories?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #656
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday, I lost 1.4 lbs of the 3 lbs I gained. Let's see how much I'll lose today, and whether my metabolism is really increased after the refeed.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #657
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yesterday, I lost 1.4 lbs of the 3 lbs I gained. Let's see how much I'll lose today, and whether my metabolism is really increased after the refeed.
Pure this sounds great
keep going.

I know you can knock out the rest of that

-Tanya
Old 06-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #658
Senior LCF Member

I love DEER burgers

I love DEER burgers

its so hard to get deer meat ( or venison as the fancy pants call it)
Our friend just hooked us up with several more lbs of deer meat and deer tamales!
Yum

Last night I had a deer tamale, not exactly on plan, but hey, what else is new right?

I just had a super lean massive giant deer burger and I stuffed to capacity. And its so lean, it wont give any gains...

I know in Texas you can only get deer if you hunt it and have it processed ( I try not to think about Bambi as I devour every bite)... I am not sure how people in any other places without deer can get it,but it puts beef and turkey to shame, PLUS its leaner than both.. so amazing.. I can always get happily full and not have any guilt or worry....

that leaves room for a bit of cupcake and vodka ...

I am doing my big work out of the week tommorow morning, so I am trying to squeeze in some extra so I dont have to pass out or leave early.

I went to the doctors office today and I was nervous getting on the scale because I hate getting on any other scale than my own special personal home scale. It said 134 and that was at 3pm( I never weigh in the afternoon, with clothes, and certainly never after eating), my true weight is probably 1 lb lighter, roughly...so I was really happy because thats proof that I am truly not gaining any weight, and I am doing just fine at maintaining.. bites of cupcake, candy and vodka included. The doctor's fancy electronic scale is pretty awesome.. I kind of want one now for myself!

I think eating the leaner meats is helping, I am truly avoiding any fatty meats..I think anyone on Stillmans fighting through a plateau should really try to do strictly LEAN ultra LEAN meats for like 2 weeks, with a good amount of eggs.
I find it interesting that the first thing everyone advises is to cut the eggs due to the fat, even when a person lists tons of fatty meats in their menu
I am thinking, ok the eggs arent the problem! Leaner meats.. I am thinking this is really the key.
I eat eggs in unlimited sums, yolk and all, but rarely will I eat steak, beef, pork, etc etc, Almost always fish, tuna, turkey, deer, and chicken.

So my advice to anyone who cant budge the scale is to look closely at your meats, make sure you arent going nuts on the fatty Mcfatty foods

Confession:
I did have like 12 almonds today though. They were so good. In the old days I would never have though of almonds as "Bad"...now I am thinking, I have done something horrible! so funny right?
Its just nuts, not a bad thing at all...
Tommorow at my kickboxing class I will blast all of those carbs away plus some...maybe I should go have a few more, just to be sure

-Tanya

Last edited by akagal20; 06-17-2011 at 03:53 PM..
Old 06-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #659
Senior LCF Member

Tanya, I sooo need to try deer!
I've actually went to Alaska, fished salmon there, cooked it, and ate it an hour out of the river...and I can say its the best fish I've ever eaten in my life. If you ever visit Alaska, you need to try that! The scenery is also amazing .
And no, I've not been eating any fatty meats whatsoever. Now that you mention it, I think the first thing I will eat after I get to goal is a small sirloin steak. I just looove steak, even though I always get a pimple or two from eating it!
I seriously wonder, if fat and carbs stall us so much, how do people on other diets even manage to lose weight at all? That's probably why 95% of people on diets fail, because weight loss is too slow, and restricting calories is so much work.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:28 AM   #660
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
OMG- the angels are singing!!

Is anyone else excited?!?!?!?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CL.JPG (47.8 KB, 16 views)
Closed Thread