Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Still stuck at the same weight despite eating clean. :/

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2011, 04:18 AM   #602
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
Hello All!
I've been lurking on the Stillman's thread for about a week and finally decided to make my presence known. After failing miserably on my 5th round of RX hCG, I found this thread and decided to try Stillman's. Today was my first day of QWL and it is going swell so far. I don't feel at all deprived like I did on hCG. In fact, I feel like I may be eating too much. Even though the instructions say to eat until you're satisfied, should I be counting calories or otherwise limiting myself? Sorry if that's a silly question :blush: It just seems like so much food after being doing the hCG diet for so long. TIA
Hi! And welcome! Eat til your full! You don't really need to count calories! You'll find you'll start to eat less and less when the no hunger kicks in!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:34 AM   #603
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I would say a size 25 in seven jeans is more like size 2 in regular jeans or actually more like a size 0
CC says thats a 5, i disagree, that is not a 5 . I wear a 4 and my actual waist is 28, so your waist must fit size 0 , you are are at the smallest size possible
So if you are asking if that is small, the answer is heck yes
I have three pair of 7 for all mankind , 2 are size 28 and 1 is 27
A 25 would be nearly a teen size Jean
You can't really " aim " for smaller unless you want to wear toddler clothes

I wish I could see a photo if you, I am sure I would immediately say that you don't need to lose any more just like u said when u saw the photo of me in the blue/ green tank top. Think about much larger I am than you ...

You are small! There I said it
Yeah I googled 7FAM--and as far as I can see they're a 2. There's a 24 as well so that's the 0!! Wow!!! Because there's no way in hell I take a UK6 in pants or jeans!! Skirts and tops yeah but jeans nooooo
I think you're way 'thinner' than me though!! You're just taller so you take a slightly bigger size. You look model thin in that tank top!!!
PS--if you do lose more weight and that top becomes too big you can pass it on to me!!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:40 AM   #604
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
Stalled again, despite eating super clean and exercising intensely for 40 min a day. I didn't lose a single pound yesterday, and actually gained up 0.2 lb! What in the world is wrong with me? I've been experiencing a lot of stalling and generally a great slowing down of weight loss in the past week or so, and can't see what I'm doing wrong. Is my metabolism adjusting to my much lower calorie intake? Should I try the 3 eggs a day diet? A fast? Even a refeed? I'm seriously devastated, there's nothing worse than trying so hard and GAINING. I think I'm going to die now. Just kidding, but I am just too frustrated that my efforts recently have been going pretty much nowhere. I think in the last week, I only lost like 2 lbs, so unlike the 5 lbs a week everyone else is experiencing on this diet. I realize I would probably lose no weight if I tried conventional dieting. But seriously, if this continues, I'll just fast. Whatever it takes. I hate my weight, and being hungry is better than just being angry on this stall.
Kitten I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. I don't really have an answer for you. I think maybe your body has got used to the low cals-maybe a refeed of low fat high carbs might do you some good. Nobody at a low weight like yours loses 5lbs a week--2 is good!
Don't under any circumstances do a fast-I know it's tempting--but you won't lose fat you'll just lose muscle, and your metabolism will just crash further.
I suppose I would say just hang in there-do what you're doing and you will lose weight or inches.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-15-2011, 04:42 AM   #605
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
to you too!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #606
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
the Slice of Wheat Toast

Hello all

I know my posts are so boring now given that I am trying to work on this maintaining business. But I owe it to all of you to let you know how this is going

This week, as I previously stated, I am implementing the "1 slice of wheat toast" into my breakfast. 1 slice is 12 g carbs, probably less if you look at the actual net carbs, so its not the worst thing, a whole box of tic tacs is more carbs than that, I eat those all the time.

I feel much more satisfied after breakfast so i can hardly bring myself to eat at lunch time, but I still do

I felt anxious about the toast a few days ago but now I am thinking its ok, and I feel good about it, and I know that eating it so early in the day will ensure that it does get burned off.

Its so funny what difference one piece of toast will make! I was thinking about it all morning long until time to eat!

Lunch will be tuna and egg ( as always) and dinner most likely will be a deer burger with mustard ( hey I am maintaining but I aint crazy!)

I am not quite ready for veggies yet, but I think maybe next week I will try to do a few small side salads at lunch with my tuna and monitor the scale..

hmmm this is like a game now..what can I add in and stay the same weight?

Last edited by akagal20; 06-15-2011 at 07:24 AM..
Old 06-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #607
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Amelie,
how much weight have you lost so far? I know you may have already said this before, I cant remember!

I am trying to think of how you can get over this hump

-T
Old 06-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Newbie First Day Results

Thanks guys for responding to my question. I am going by the guidelines posted on this site (sticky titled "Dr.Stillman's ~Quick Weight Loss Diet") and even though it says right there in plain English to eat until satisfied, I guess I was feeling a little too satisfied. :blush:

My first day of QWL resulted in a loss of 3.4 lbs! I was 139 yesterday morning and this morning I was 135.6!!! That does not even seem possible. I realize that much of it was probably water weight, but still...3.4 lbs. in a single day?!?! I am so excited! If I keep eating on the QWL plan with no cheats, will the losses continue this way or should I expect them to slow down after the first few days?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks guys for responding to my question. I am going by the guidelines posted on this site (sticky titled "Dr.Stillman's ~Quick Weight Loss Diet") and even though it says right there in plain English to eat until satisfied, I guess I was feeling a little too satisfied. :blush:

My first day of QWL resulted in a loss of 3.4 lbs! I was 139 yesterday morning and this morning I was 135.6!!! That does not even seem possible. I realize that much of it was probably water weight, but still...3.4 lbs. in a single day?!?! I am so excited! If I keep eating on the QWL plan with no cheats, will the losses continue this way or should I expect them to slow down after the first few days?
Hey!

Wow, now that is the TRUE Stillman results right there.
I am so glad you are excited, maybe some of your good feelings will rub off on me, cause I am feeling like a robot these days.

3.4 lbs in a single day is standard Stillmans, especially in the first weeks!
I am an example of someone who did not cheat, at all, during the first 1 month of Stillmans, and I lost crazy weight. You will too
Stay focused and stay strong.
The losses will slow but not until several weeks in, so you have at least 2 to 3 weeks ahead of you of some serious loss!

For me it slowed down toward week #4, end of week #3, but this will also depend on how heavy you are and how much weight you need to lose overall.

If you stay strict, you will reach the goal, and there are no other ways about that.

-Tanya
Old 06-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Ok T, I think I'm going to stop working out anyway, because I don't really have the motivation or energy for it anymore.
Menus:
Sat: one egg, 6 shrimp, 1 cup black coffee, 2 flounder fillets ( all boiled, no additives)
Sun: 4 eggs, 15 shrimp, flounder fillet
Mon: 5 eggs, 1 flounder fillet, 4-oz chicken breast
Tues: 1 egg, 4-oz chicken breast
I exercised intensely at least half an hour on Sat, Sun, and Mon. I lost like 0.5-0.8 lbs over the weekend, but I can't remember exactly how much I lost. I did 3 hours of housework on Tuesday (yesterday), and then lost 0.2 lbs after that much exercise and eating quite little. I think I am in starvation mode or something- I'm not going to fast because seeing as I did something similar yesterday and it didn't even work really well- I know its not going to work. I think I'll do some research and try a refeed. GT, I like your idea of low fat high carbs, but I don't really know how long I should do this refeed, or how many calories I should be consuming during the day. I don't want to gain a lot of fat during the refeed, just keep the same weight but make my body's metabolism go back to normal. Any advice on calories/ length of refeed? Plus what are some good foods to eat on a refeed? I'm thinking of going for really high carb foods like bagels, whole wheat bread, potatoes, and eating no more than 1200-1500 calories a day for 2 days, and no exercise.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #611
Senior LCF Member

T, now that I think of it, I have been dieting for approximately a month already, which kind of explains why weight loss is slowing down. I totally shouldn't have cheated those two times and gained the weight back, I think that slowed down my metabolism! So T, did your rate of weight loss pick up after the slowing down that occurred during week 3-4, or did it stay slow?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #612
Senior LCF Member

Good job Als! I wish I could be in your position. =)
Old 06-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #613
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok T, I think I'm going to stop working out anyway, because I don't really have the motivation or energy for it anymore.
Menus:
Sat: one egg, 6 shrimp, 1 cup black coffee, 2 flounder fillets ( all boiled, no additives)
I exercised intensely at least half an hour on Sat, Sun, and Mon. I lost like 0.5-0.8 lbs over the weekend, but I can't remember exactly how much I lost. I did 3 hours of housework on Tuesday (yesterday), and then lost 0.2 lbs after that much exercise and eating quite little. I think I am in starvation mode or something- I'm not going to fast because seeing as I did something similar yesterday and it didn't even work really well- I know its not going to work. I think I'll do some research and try a refeed. GT, I like your idea of low fat high carbs, but I don't really know how long I should do this refeed, or how many calories I should be consuming during the day. I don't want to gain a lot of fat during the refeed, just keep the same weight but make my body's metabolism go back to normal. Any advice on calories/ length of refeed? Plus what are some good foods to eat on a refeed? I'm thinking of going for really high carb foods like bagels, whole wheat bread, potatoes, and eating no more than 1200-1500 calories a day for 2 days, and no exercise.
hi!
ok easy answer here Pure, you are not eating NEAR enough food. Wow.
Lord, your system is liable to completely shut down on you any moment. Add in a few more eggs or chicken breasts in between "meals". I wouldnt add carbs just yet. Lets try a test, like I did when my scale wouldnt budge
Cut the exercise to about 3 times per week, no more than 45 minutes basic cardio( nothing extreme or crazy please).
Test that for about 2 weeks and see where your weight goes
Also weigh every other day to avoid complete insanity.

-Tanya
Old 06-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
T, now that I think of it, I have been dieting for approximately a month already, which kind of explains why weight loss is slowing down. I totally shouldn't have cheated those two times and gained the weight back, I think that slowed down my metabolism! So T, did your rate of weight loss pick up after the slowing down that occurred during week 3-4, or did it stay slow?
Pure here is my weight loss calendar, exactly for you. You can see my slow down pretty clearly. I copied this from my weight loss journal

Tanyas weight loss from Day 1 of Stillmans

Start Date March 31, 2011

Week 1: 160.6 lbs
Week 2:153.8
Week 3: 149.6
Week 4: 146.8
Week 5: 144.5
Week 6: 141.4
Week 7: 138.4
Week 8 :139.2
Week 9 : 136.5
Week 10: 136.0
Week 11: 135.2
Week 12: 134.8 lbs
Week 13 : next weigh in on June 16 2011
Old 06-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #615
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

hmmm this is like a game now..what can I add in and stay the same weight?
i want to win that game!!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #616
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

because you don't have a lot to lose they won't continue as fast!.....but they will be faster than any other weight loss programme!!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #617
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Menus:
I've only googled the refeed a couple of times so I'm not 100% sure about it!! Bodybuilders and those with low fat %s use it. It's supposed to kick you out of starvation mode, the leaner you are the more often you should do a refeed. It's something to do with rasising leptin levels because it's low levels of leptin that put your body in starvation mode. So a refeed should be very high carbs, but very low fat so you don't gain 'fat' just weight for a couple of days after. I've read bread, bagels and. Pasta are the perfect foods! It should only last a day, 2 max!! If you do it, good luck!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #618
Big Yapper!!!!

I wish I'd kept a diet diary!! It would be good to look back on now!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #619
Big Yapper!!!!

Ate an Oreo McFlurry--well most of it anyway!!! Wasn't that great!!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #620
Big Yapper!!!!

Going to see Bridesmaids later--any good??
Old 06-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yeah I googled 7FAM--and as far as I can see they're a 2. There's a 24 as well so that's the 0!! Wow!!! Because there's no way in hell I take a UK6 in pants or jeans!! Skirts and tops yeah but jeans nooooo
I think you're way 'thinner' than me though!! You're just taller so you take a slightly bigger size. You look model thin in that tank top!!!
PS--if you do lose more weight and that top becomes too big you can pass it on to me!!!!
sorry GT, I always assumed cuz they hang the 26 in sz 6, 25 in sz 5, etc. that the store knew what it was doing......yep, no way your a size 6 anywhere!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Going to see Bridesmaids later--any good??
it got raves over here........but I'm too cheap to do movies anymore, wait for it on cable/sattelite now
Old 06-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #623
Senior LCF Member

Wow thanks for your weight loss diary T. Its so inspiring. So its a good idea to up lean protein calories? I just assumed that it would be better to eat as little as possible, because I saw that many of you were eating just an egg for breakfast, a can of tuna for lunch, and a chicken breast for dinner, which isn't that much either. But I see the point, that if I stick with it, the weight will go down, sooner or later. I just thought something was wrong with me because Stillman claimed we could lose 7 lbs the first week then 5 lbs every week after, apparently not, even though his diet is the fastest.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #624
Senior LCF Member

Stats: Lost 100 lbs. & 6 sizes; 30 lbs. and 2 sizes left!
WOE: Low cal, mod carb, and cycle it all
Start Date: Summer 2002
Quote:
Pure here is my weight loss calendar, exactly for you. You can see my slow down pretty clearly. I copied this from my weight loss journal

Tanyas weight loss from Day 1 of Stillmans

Start Date March 31, 2011

Week 1: 160.6 lbs
Week 2:153.8
Week 3: 149.6
Week 4: 146.8
Week 5: 144.5
Week 6: 141.4
Week 7: 138.4
Week 8 :139.2
Week 9 : 136.5
Week 10: 136.0
Week 11: 135.2
Week 12: 134.8 lbs
Week 13 : next weigh in on June 16 2011
T, you really are such an inspiration to us all! I"m so glad you are still posting, even if it is maintenance. I love reading your comments and find your Stills advice so very helpful

Last edited by Live Vintageously; 06-15-2011 at 06:14 PM..
Old 06-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #625
Senior LCF Member

Stats: Lost 100 lbs. & 6 sizes; 30 lbs. and 2 sizes left!
WOE: Low cal, mod carb, and cycle it all
Start Date: Summer 2002
Well, my dears. I've been so busy I didn't post for a couple of days. But I am here.

Even after some off-plan days and regaining a couple of pounds, I kept going with Stills and this morning I'm down again. AND I'm one pound lower than my last lowest Stillman weight. I am finally feeling a little bit slimmer. I'm not so sure it's Stillmans. My new job is about 20 hours a week, most of my times is spent on my feet and walking around. I'm sure that contributes some to my lower weight. Nevertheless, I'm sure Stills is helping!!

Confession: I caved and had some full fat cheese yesterday and today –just an ounce. I don't feel any regret, I relished every crumb.

Lately I have been so tired. I just had my thyroid tested (I'm hypo and have it tested every 6-12 months) and my blood work was good - almost too good, a bit on the hyper side. I also have low grade fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue symptoms... I've had that for about 6 years so I'm not sure why I'm feeling worse lately. Perhaps it is being on my feet more.

Looks like you girls are doing well!

GT congrats on those new tiny sized jeans I'm sure you look stellar in them!

purekitten if you can eat more, than do just that. I have a small stomach and light appetite, so I really don't eat a lot of food. But I still eat a bit more than you listed. I usually eat two hb eggs with half a piece of toast (I'm a rogue stills girl!), cottage cheese for lunch, tuna with oil-free vinaigrette, or a chunk of meat, plus I eat a sugar-free, nonfat yogurt once a day, though sometimes not. Occasionally I throw in a carb food (like a burger with one half of the bun, or a Snickers bar) - maybe once a week. I do it for mental sanity. So far, I haven't had any issues. I maybe haven't had losses like T listed. But I also only have about 20 lbs to lose.

Hope everything works out for you soon!!

My blog http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/bl...-vintageously/
Old 06-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #626
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
it got raves over here........but I'm too cheap to do movies anymore, wait for it on cable/sattelite now
CC me too!
I'll wait for DVD
Old 06-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow thanks for your weight loss diary T. Its so inspiring. So its a good idea to up lean protein calories? I just assumed that it would be better to eat as little as possible, because I saw that many of you were eating just an egg for breakfast, a can of tuna for lunch, and a chicken breast for dinner, which isn't that much either. But I see the point, that if I stick with it, the weight will go down, sooner or later. I just thought something was wrong with me because Stillman claimed we could lose 7 lbs the first week then 5 lbs every week after, apparently not, even though his diet is the fastest.
Pure
Up your lean protein for a few weeks and see what happens

You are right, there r some people here who only eat like 1 egg for breakfast etc et
I'm not one of them , the proof is in the pudding as they say

My appetite has gone down so i don't eat as much as I did in start of Stills but for breakfast I do have bacon or sausage ( the turkey kind by jenni O) plus an egg or omelet etc etc
I like to eat more in the morning so I'm not dead by noon

Dinner is real light for me, tonight I has 1 deer neat patty with mustard and i have a slice of low fat skim cheese on top ( no bun of course).. I'll have a sugar free jello later and a vodka with crystal light( not stills but today was dreadful and I need to drown my sorrows , so ignore that part !!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #628
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
i want to win that game!!
GT!

105 ? Jeminy Crickets !!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Still plateau-ing. But I'm keeping trucking.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #630
Senior LCF Member

So today, as I said I would, I did a refeed. I ate almost twice more than I planned to, exactly 2678 calories and 573.8 g carbs, so I will go straight back to stillman's tomorrow morning. I ate the following items: plain noodles, fat free crackers, brown sugar, and dried fruit, and ate many mini meals throughout the day. I think I was fairly successful in keeping today's food intake to just simple sugars, almost no fat or protein. I'll weigh tomorrow morning and up my lean protein intake starting tomorrow morning. I really hope that all these carbs will kick my body out of starvation mode-we'll see. Tanya and GT, do you have any advice as to how many calories I should eat for lean protein starting tomorrow? Although I like to lose weight fast, I don't want to kill my metabolism again and have to do another refeed. T, approx. how many calories were you eating before maintenance? And thanks again for the diary, I love it! I'm going to start doing one too.
Closed Thread