Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Go Dallas Mavericks !! Heck yeah

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
don't get sucked in, girl.......any salt in there?
Yeah I guess. It just sucks.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:20 AM   #543
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
ugh, Al, they had to save my files and reinstall XP. Now I can't find my business software on it...............
horrible! next time Im gonna have to send hubby down to the woods to rescue you!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:21 AM   #544
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
AL

I was thinking of trying that one too
All tuna , then maybe all shrimp or all eggs , etc etc

Hmmmmmm

-Tanya
Cool. Im starting today on eggs.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:24 AM   #545
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hello all !!

Ok so I've been out of town for my hubby's family reunion
Tons of good home cooked food and baked goods
The whole day I ate whatever I wanted

Listen to my reason why :

They played a slideshow honoring the deceased family , a candle light vigil and everything !

They showed photos of all those people when they were young like me and my hubby's
In their 20s and they showed old video footage .. Everyone was in tears including me , I looked around the room at the older aunts, uncles and grand parents , some in walkers and with canes . I realized they were just like me at one point . I knew that but it just hit me , this is it , my young life is now , my prime time , perfect health, full strength !
I guess I felt like I needed to live it up before it's too late , so I ate and ate and laughed and drank and ate, I had meat. Veggies, soda,wine, cake, pudding, apple pie, cookies,cupcakes !! You name it, I had it over the course of 7 hours !!

I felt awful after and i still do! My stomach doesn't know what to do. I'm n major discomfort

My fault !! I didn't gave to go overboard!! My first true binge fest since March
Ugh

Well I'm gonna pay for this one however what in like about Stillmans is that it can help shake off water gain within a week

Today I'm back 100% on plan, I think my hubby and his family were glad to see me eating all that stuff because they were thinking i was a machine!!

I am human

I'm glad im out of town so I have no scale , but tomm morn, I will have to face the music

I think seeing a higher number will help me get revved up for this week

June 30 is the Bahamas so I'm in perfect scheduling to stay at 135, even with a gain of even as much as 5 :/

Ok ladies ,so there it is ... Even the strongest drop off but I like to keep a good attitude

Stillmans never let's us down, if we stay true and he takes us back when we go a little crazy !!!

Hope everyone is doing way better than me !!!
I sure hope your tummy is feelin beter today!!! I love your reasons and positive attitude T! You are still a rockstar!!! I wouldve done the same thing but my reason wouldve been, hey I worked damn hard and one pig-out aint gonna hurt!! You are still here and ready to jump back on so lets do this girlie!! Im with ya! We all are!!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:25 AM   #546
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
I had a fun day yesterday and the second half of today has turned into a fun day. Why do I do that?? Anyway, will be back on plan tomorrow, dry chicken breast and all, lol!
this is sooooo me! its why I absolutely can not have cheat days!! they turn into cheat weeks!! or fun weeks!!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:29 AM   #547
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Ate a bit fatty yesterday. Up three pounds.
were you eating any carbs too? or just fatty meat? how many days have you been on meat? all these things make all the difference.

heck- it dont matter, I bet your whoosh comes today!!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:30 AM   #548
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
awww. you need to come around more often Amelie. We can help get you to goal in no time!! how much are you looking to lose?
Old 06-13-2011, 05:43 AM   #549
Blabbermouth!!!

Todays gonna be a busy day for me. Lots of errands and cleaning to do! I have to food shop and I really just dont want to. (Theres a rant coming on..)

I dont feel like cooking for my family anymore. I dont know what to cook, if I do, I cant eat it. If there are leftovers, it kills me for it to go to waste. Im tired of cooking 4 different meals for everyone in the house. This could be so easy for me if I could just deal with my meat. even though QWL takes food and cravings out of the equation, Im still stuck handling food all day!!

Felt good to get that out...let me go prepare my shopping list with goodies for everyone else. Cause yall know all I need is a couple cans o tuna and a 12 pack of eggs!

PS- I have to ban hotdogs from the house :blush:, which will be tough since its hot dog season...

thanks. I feel better now.. off to do what I gots to do!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:54 AM   #550
Senior LCF Member

Stillmans Fever

Hey ladies

ok Monday, here we are again. Staring down the cold smoking barrell of another WEEK

I hate mondays but then I love Mondays. For me, it means a fresh start after SUCH A hot mess of a weekend. I am having a really big " what was I thinking moment"..but I do know what I was thinking so its makes it easier to reel all this nonsense right back in.

Did my weigh in this morning after my first monster carb binge, and I am up 2
I am 137..I was really expecting a lot more gain than that. ( I would like to include that I ALSO had 3 red velvet cupcakes as part of my weekend!I forgot to list those with the original food listing)

What I will do , is accept the number for what it is and be happy to return to Stillmans today. I havent gone to the restroom once since my carb loading, so I have a feeling once I do that will stabilize the number.

Even though my weight has not spiked crazy I still feel kind of heavy and some dead weight in my midsection that I want gone....

I do feel a bit relieved knowing exactly what to do thats why I love this program...In a way I feel like I could be on to something as far as maintaining

I gained 2 lbs this weekend from a major serious binge( 1 day and half long).. I wonder what If I had just had a moderate size meal with those good foods and then went back to stillmans the next day, today I bet my weight would be 135 on the dot this morning .....thats makes me wonder....this might not be so hard afterall

but like AL said, its the whole idea of can I start and stop, can I eat the bad foods and then reel it in? I dont know..this weekend I lost my head...that does truly worry me...this is gonna take some time ya'll

ok I am updating my stats and here we go AGAIN!!

Everyone lets start strong and fresh this week.
Exercise, and lean meats, no junk food

-Tanya

( ohhh Congrats to Dallas Mavericks, NBA Champs)

Last edited by akagal20; 06-13-2011 at 05:57 AM..
Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
could be worse.......whoosh wish for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
horrible! next time Im gonna have to send hubby down to the woods to rescue you!
yeah, they said that they removed all files from C drive but somehow the business software didn't come back.
Fortunately there was a backup from April that they can use to restore/restage the Powerlink.....for200.00!
Dad is giving me his old laptop which is XP like the biz tower, I would like to clone it so this doesn't happen again.
Will file/settings transfer do it?
Quote:
Todays gonna be a busy day for me. Lots of errands and cleaning to do! I have to food shop and I really just dont want to. (Theres a rant coming on..)

I dont feel like cooking for my family anymore. I dont know what to cook, if I do, I cant eat it. If there are leftovers, it kills me for it to go to waste. Im tired of cooking 4 different meals for everyone in the house. This could be so easy for me if I could just deal with my meat. even though QWL takes food and cravings out of the equation, Im still stuck handling food all day!!

Felt good to get that out...let me go prepare my shopping list with goodies for everyone else. Cause yall know all I need is a couple cans o tuna and a 12 pack of eggs!

PS- I have to ban hotdogs from the house :blush:, which will be tough since its hot dog season...

Al, can't your meat be the chosen main dish then just add sides?

Tanya happy for your Mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:

OMG. . I feel the exact same way lately. . I really don't want to cook for anyone either. .wish they'd just cook for me, for a change. . and.. I did the hotdog thing over the weekend.. I'm back to 170!! some days I wonder why I even try. . but I'll do it again.. Just gotta lose something to make me feel better. . I feel like a beached whale again. .
Old 06-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Thanks, Tanya for reminding me that today is a new day. .

Let's here it for Monday. (My purple pom poms are shaking high.. didn't we have a cheerleader smilie before?.. Awww. . we need one. . )
Old 06-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #554
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Wow T, I'm jealous--after all those goodies you're only up 2, I'd be up like 5 after a bitr!! I feel as though I'm way up now!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #555
Big Yapper!!!!

Yup Al-hate cooking too!! Luckily we've been going out to dinner a lot! Just back now! Had a side salad with no dressing-there was nothing else on the menu to eat! It was wll pizza and pasta and lots of salmon but with sauces.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #556
Big Yapper!!!!

A queastion--have any of you been able to get another ringtone on the iPhone-other than what's on it. And if so HOW!!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #557
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Good quote GT!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #558
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
Good quote GT!
For what?
Old 06-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
were you eating any carbs too? or just fatty meat? how many days have you been on meat? all these things make all the difference.

heck- it dont matter, I bet your whoosh comes today!!
It didn't. I'm stuck at 193.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
awww. you need to come around more often Amelie. We can help get you to goal in no time!! how much are you looking to lose?
Will do come around more often!

I'm looking to lose 50-60 pounds this year. Hopefully 20 by August 1.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
could be worse.......whoosh wish for you!
thank you!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #562
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Wow T, I'm jealous--after all those goodies you're only up 2, I'd be up like 5 after a bitr!! I feel as though I'm way up now!!!
GT
I know ! I got on the scale like 10 times to be sure
But I'll take it
I've been havin major upset stomach today and it hasn't been pretty
That day of enjoying has not set right with me
However I doubt much of it is left at thi point if you get my drift
I'm guzzling water and tryin to stay hydrated , I think my system was shocked
And not in a good way

I'm going back under the covers
I hope everyone has had a great Monday so far
Old 06-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #563
Big Yapper!!!!

I know-eating carby stuff soooo doesn't agree with me after eating Stills for so long----and yet I still get the urge to eat the rubbish!!!!! I mean, why?????
Old 06-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
A queastion--have any of you been able to get another ringtone on the iPhone-other than what's on it. And if so HOW!!!!!
Make sure you have switched on 'Ringtones' in your iTunes general preferences and then proceed as follows...

1. First get the song you want to make the ringtone from.
2. Open it with quicktime pro (or any other editor)
3. Cust out the section you want as the ringtone and save it as a new mp3.
4. Import it into iTunes
5. in iTunes go into
Preferences > Advanced > Importing

Set to Import using: AAC encoder 128Kbps

And/OR:

6. Right click on the file you want as a ringtone and select:
Convert selection to AAC

Your file will now be converted to an AAC file. (appears in iTunes under your original file) - call it a different name, so as not to confuse, ie: instead of Song.xxx, call it Song1.xxx

7. Right click on the new file, click on show in finder (or open folder on windows)
8. You will now see your AAC file, all you have to do now is change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r
9. Drag the file out of the folder to the desktop, then drop it back into itunes. (Hover over your 'Ringtones' in the left menu list of iTunes, or it will just go into your main library)!

Sync with your iPhone. Done.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Setting Ringtones
You can set the default ringtone for calls, and for Clock alarms and timers. You can also assign individual ringtones to contacts so you know who’s calling.
Set the default ringtone: In Settings, choose Sounds > Ringtone, then choose a ringtone.
Assign a ringtone to a contact: From Phone, tap Contacts and choose a contact. Tap Edit, then tap Ringtone and choose a ringtone.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...user_guide.pdf
Old 06-14-2011, 12:10 AM   #567
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks CC but have done all that and it still wont work. Asked about it in the store and they said you cant do that. Its never worked. Apple says it does but it doesn't, even if you buy a ringtone from iTunes-which I did-it should show up on your ringtone list but it doesnt.
I thought maybe someone knew more than the Apple websites!!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:50 AM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sorry HT, I'm not an Apple person, but I would think if it's not working right I'd be howling and stomping feet in the Iphone store.............meeeeeeooooooooowrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 06-14-2011, 04:54 AM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

suggestions from other iphone users..........

Ventones site
its an easy to use and free site for making custom ringtones

go to Free Ringtones - Download, Share and Make Ringtones : Ventones.com you register for FREE. Just put user name your phone # etc.. It's completely safe I use it all the time. Once you finish that, you go to create a ringtone. You should see a bar and a tab that says Browse. You click Browse and search for the song you want. Then it will upload it into the site, might take a few minutes.

Once done, you will see the song, You pick the section you want as your ringtone and click on Create Ringtone. Then Once its created you will be given options on how to send the ringtone to your phone. You should see a tab that says Iphone users or something like that I think it's red. You click on that and it will automatically send it to iTunes. Once in iTunes you can just send it to your phone like any other song. Works Great

Ah also the advantage of doing it this way is that ventones automatically formats the ringtone into .mp4 format, so once in iTunes its ready t o go to your iPhone.

way to do this without downloading software is to take the song you want, right-click, get info, and under the options tab you can set the start and stop time (you can listen to it and change it till you get the time span you want for your ringtone). Once your time is set, create an AAC version and go from there, following the instructions above after creating the AAC version.

use Audacity. Google it and you can download it for free (legally!).

Once you have it, open a file, cut it to the length you want, where you want, "export selection as MP3" (you'll need to d/l a certain codec or something to do this I think, but it tells you which one), then import it to iTunes. It will me in MP3 format (unless your iTunes is set to import songs as AAC or something). You want an AAC copy, so if the song is imported as MP3, right-click the song in iTunes and click "create AAC copy". You'll get a second song. Right click the AAC version and delete, but do NOT send the file to the recycle bin. Now, go to your iTunes music folder and find the song. Change the file extension to .m4r (a ringtone file). When it asks you if you really want to change the file extension, say yes, then import THAT to iTunes. It'll go to your ringtone section and you can then sync it to your iPhone.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:56 AM   #570
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

all this from someone who took four hours to reset her email correctly........
Closed Thread