Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 06:22 AM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Wooooooohooooooooo!!!! AerLingus called off their strike!!! And I rang and got my cancelled flight back at the same price and everything!! Ok wasted money on Ryanair-but still AL is much better-and the airport's easier to get to!!! Yay!!!
oh thank goodness! Nobody messes with a girl tryin to get back to her fam!! So glad it worked out. that mustve been stressful!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2011, 06:25 AM   #302
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrumbyBabe View Post
Hi Roomies-

I'm a little discouraged this morning...I've weighed every day since the 1st and twice this week now I've stalled...once on Friday and now this morning...stuck again at 212.5

And the worst part is, I've been good too...yesterday I had a HB egg for b'fast, scrambled eggs and bacon for lunch and a HB egg and a lean hamburger patty for dinner...

When I originally tried Stillman's (back in 2010), I remember I lost like 12 pounds the first week...

Anyone have any advice for why I'm stalling so much this time around?

(oh and P.S. I'm drinking around 90-100 ounces of water a day so that can't be the problem)

Signed,
The Bummed Brum
Brum!!! Dont fret! I think you may need to eat a little more and possibly cut out the bacon (even if its the fat free turkey stuff) Keep it to eggs, chicken and fish, and eat as much as you need! great job on the water. You rock!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #303
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
SallyB. . Yippe. .3 pounds is great.

I'm down one this morning, myself. . so that makes 2 total. since Thursday. . 1/2 Pound a day. great for me and my sluggish thyroid. .
IM2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1/2 a day is grrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!! Weight watchers cant do that!!!! awesome job!!!!

and Sally- Like IM2 said. 3 - Yippee!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat;14710767I
love getting up on a mild summer day, sitting on my deck with a nice cup of (black- cough, cough. . still missing my creamer!)
Just reminded me...I spurged on some cream too yesterday morning. Heck, my dress was fittin and I deserved it!!! back to black today though!!! Im learning my lessons and following everyones footsteps. They have their fun and get right back to the plan!!! I will do it too!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #305
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al. .wish you'd check in. missing you. . Here you talk me into coming back and you disappear. . what gives??
dont be mad at me. Im here with no big plans! Moms still here too, but I'll be back!! I gotta run to work for a few hours today.. oh joy...
Old 06-06-2011, 06:35 AM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

Psych-that trip sounds amazing! Lucky You!!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
You go girl!!! that is fantastic. You are sure to be bikini ready for your trip. Heck you are there already!! Nice job!!
Al-

Thank you, I just need to maintain right now.
I dont think I need to lose any more. EVeryone at the wedding told me I looked break but but could stand to gain a bit so I didnt look like a bobblehead doll! I am sure they are right!

-T
Old 06-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Congrats Tanya, you were absolutely stunning!!

I went to a Mediterranean cooking class this past weekend and it was amazing! I plan to follow a Paleo/Primal way of eating after I reach goal and all of the recipes made will fit into that lifestyle and they were amazing! They even made a lemon almond cake from almond flour!! I was so excited! I know its not stillmans and most of you probably don't want to hear about that right now, but I thought I would share nevertheless, lol. We are all going to be at goal someday I am always in prep mode for when I get to goal........that is actually what scares me the most. I know how to lose, I just hope I can maintain
Old 06-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

CC- Recap your current pc issues (if your still having them) My hubby is the pro, I'm just good at faking it. Im more server administration..and job scheduler, but I build and rack, when necessary.

Liv- I added you to see my pics. They are from my first run with Stillmans. Im getting back to 113 with the quickness now..and then i'll update! Thanks for your interest!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #310
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post

I went to a Mediterranean cooking class this past weekend and it was amazing! I plan to follow a Paleo/Primal way of eating after I reach goal and all of the recipes made will fit into that lifestyle and they were amazing! They even made a lemon almond cake from almond flour!! I was so excited! I know its not stillmans and most of you probably don't want to hear about that right now, but I thought I would share nevertheless, lol. We are all going to be at goal someday I am always in prep mode for when I get to goal........that is actually what scares me the most. I know how to lose, I just hope I can maintain
That sounds like so much fun!!! I'll join your in your cooking once we get to goal!!! yum!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Al-

Thank you, I just need to maintain right now.
I dont think I need to lose any more. EVeryone at the wedding told me I looked break but but could stand to gain a bit so I didnt look like a bobblehead doll! I am sure they are right!

-T
So let us know what your doing cause you got this down pat!!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #312
Blabbermouth!!!

OK. so I cant catch up on everything but you are all doing great! The fact that you are here and working it is the most important thing!!! I will be back later. PROMISE!!!

Today is an egg and chicken day. Ive missed myegg/tuna schedule. really I have. haha... those hotdogs were a lot of fun though...lol
Old 06-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sallyb
Stats: 210/193/154
Start Date: May 2011
Quote:
SallyB. . Yippe. .3 pounds is great.

I'm down one this morning, myself. . so that makes 2 total. since Thursday. . 1/2 Pound a day. great for me and my sluggish thyroid. .
Old 06-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sallyb
Stats: 210/193/154
Start Date: May 2011
Quote:
Old 06-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #315
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:

Me, me!!! I want to hear!!!...........and I hear ya on the maintaining!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Vitamins, Peeps! You'll thank yourself later.. I feel 110% better already and its only been 4 days. . I love meat.. I love meat. . I love meat. . just trying to convince myself..lol
Old 06-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Just thought I'd remind you, me. . Us!! : so let's love us today and the rest will come!

Notice your relationship with self-love. How do you feel about it? How comfortable are you with it? What resistance do you have to loving yourself? Being honest about your relationship to self-love is the first step in altering it. Many people have not been encouraged or taught to love themselves. Also, you may not have seen many healthy models of self-love around you. And people are often much better at being hard on themselves than they are at being kind and loving toward themselves. Based on these and other factors, self-love can be a bit tricky. Once you tell the truth about how you relate to self-love, you can start to expand your ability to love yourself in a more real way.

Let go of your conditions. When it comes to loving yourself, even if you give it a lot of attention, you often do so in a very conditional way. You love yourself only when you do good things, succeed in specific ways or take care of yourself in ways you deem important. While there's nothing wrong with you feeling good about yourself in relation to these and other positive things, truly loving yourself is an unconditional process, which means accepting, appreciating and celebrating all of who you are—both light and dark. By letting go of your conditions and loving yourself unconditionally—like how you love babies, animals or others you have little or no specific expectations of—you can start to deepen your authentic love for yourself.

Start practicing, right now. Do anything and everything you can to express love for yourself—right now, not after you think you "deserve" it. Because you may have some resistance to loving yourself, taking any and every self-loving action you can think of is important. There are lots of things you can do—both big and small—to practice loving yourself. Speaking kindly about yourself, taking compliments graciously, taking care of yourself, honoring your emotions, pampering yourself, celebrating your successes (and failures) and appreciating your flaws are all simple—although not always easy—things you can do to practice self-love. Also, be willing to ask for help and look to others who seem to do a good job at this, so you can get the support and guidance you need. Loving yourself is a lifelong, never-ending practice.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #318
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow! Thanks for the post, Im2!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
Start Date: January 18, 2014
I am back in my regularly scheduled programming today and it feels much better.
My stomach is happier with coffee, CL, eggs, tuna, bacon, etc etc

I am trying to get myself into a maintain mindset, and I will do that by adding in different things here or there to run tests.

This weekend I had some green beans and salad with vinegarette dressing with dinner( fish and chicken) two nights in a row, but I did not eat the rice or potatoes ( however I did have 1 large slice of key lime pie which was awesome, and then 2 pieces of wedding cake at the wedding).

I also had my first bag of skittles in a long time, it was good but I think I did not need a whole bag! next time just a handful

Also the chicken at the wedding was breaded( lightly), I ate a half portion of that and then grilled catfish plus numerous alcoholic drinks including the sugary mixers ( like cranberry juice! and tonic)

I ate eggs and bacon for breakfast everyday, no bread products but I did know that milk and real butter was in the eggs! and i put cream in my coffee every time, a fairly good bit

So this past weekend didnt teach me much about maintaining, because after all of that my weight is the exactly the same plus my clothes fit the same.

I think in my head I fee like I ate a ton of food, but I dont think I really did.

I think I feel ready to add in salad ( small sums) and then green beans...we will see what happens...

Last edited by akagal20; 06-06-2011 at 12:28 PM..
Old 06-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #320
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Al---Britney's coming to Dublin on tour in October!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
HI Guys,

Long time no talk! I was moved to a new office and I can't come on much because of it but I am sneaking on right now, I miss your support and have gained 5 pounds back and I am completlyaddicted to sugar again and trying to get back to low carb but its hard without my friends who are doing the same thingh=, I will try and get back on later this week

Miss you all
Old 06-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Hey Fabulous ladies (gents),

Congrats AkaGal...You looked amazing....I am so happy for you and that 'splurging' that you speak of over the weekend for your wedding...Really?..You 'splurged'? I thought you were celebrating a wonderful day in your life...Don't knock 'life' when it comes to this lifestyle change...You did excellent, skittles and all....Congrats again...(I cannot wait for Your professional pictures to be posted, so that we can see a caption of that glorious day of your life..Thanks for the peeks thus far and I'm truly happy for you

GT, glad your legs look the way you want them to look...Don't disappear on us...

Al, I hope you had fun over the weekend...It sure sounds like you did...I got these hotdogs in the pack that my Mom sent to me from Omaha and I looked at the fat content..Those WILL NOT be opened for a long long time...I'm lovin' the chicken breast though and I had a filet mignon the other day...Delicious!!

BB, don't feel discouraged...You have been losing all along and a stall is not a stall unless it has exceeded a month with no inches lost and no weight loss...Keep doing what you are doing and you will see a change in the near future....

IM2F, words of tranquility are always appreciated...Thanks very much for your words...I also agree with the vitamins...When I followed Atkin's last year, I did not partake in supplemental nutrients, but to make sure I am getting all of my minerals along with the vitamins that are not provided following Stillman's, I take a mutivit..I try to get Omega Fatty Acids through eating salmon on occasion, but I can see that I will need to supplement that through a vitamin because I fear depleted storage in my body....Please ladies (and gents), remember to get enough of your essential amino acids and vitamins/minerals..You will thank yourself later if you take the supplements...Although I was diagnosed hypothyroid in college, during this lifestyle change I developed dry skin a few months ago that I attributed to the dietary changes and not the thyroid under activity that is maintained through medication...I found that adding a multivit helped my skin after a month...Other conditions can develop if you are not careful since you are depleting your body of several nutrients important for cell development and other bodily functions, so just remember to take your vitamins

MTCJ please give us some pointers on that cooking class...I sure do love food from that area of the world...Italian, Greek, Spanish and Turkish foods are some of my favorite....Tell us about your class and what you learned....Thanks

SalB and LivV congratulations on your losses ...That is awesome....

Thanks Viv, GT and Al...I am looking forward to rest and relaxation during my vacation..I though I would be adventurous and go to Central or South America, but other elements came into play (or another person)...It is a few weeks away, but I'm excited...I'm also going with 'a friend'...So it should be interesting...We've only traveled through 'Big Sky Country' before, so this should be fun...

Well, I've had a busy few days, but it has calmed down considerably at work....I have been looking into working at the county jail as 'moonlighting' for a bit for the experience before heading off to Officer School in September...I spent the day on Sunday at the one downtown..Interesting is all I can say..A great learning experience....

Well, I have to get back to 'curing' people...HAHAHAHAH!!!JK..We cannot do those things...We can only help with, as I like to call it, 'the organization of the mind' for those who need a helper....Take care and have a great day!!

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 06-06-2011 at 01:53 PM..
Old 06-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #323
Senior LCF Member

SOOOOO glad to see you are back Mar...I missed you, and I think the rest of the gals did too...Weight will be gone in no time flat....We all struggle, but coming up for air underneath all the sugar is the first step and you know it....You will be back on track soon...
Old 06-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrumbyBabe View Post
Hi Roomies-

I'm a little discouraged this morning...I've weighed every day since the 1st and twice this week now I've stalled...once on Friday and now this morning...stuck again at 212.5

And the worst part is, I've been good too...yesterday I had a HB egg for b'fast, scrambled eggs and bacon for lunch and a HB egg and a lean hamburger patty for dinner...

When I originally tried Stillman's (back in 2010), I remember I lost like 12 pounds the first week...

Anyone have any advice for why I'm stalling so much this time around?

(oh and P.S. I'm drinking around 90-100 ounces of water a day so that can't be the problem)

Signed,
The Bummed Brum
Brummy, it's gotta be the salt in the bacon.........
Quote:
Wooooooohooooooooo!!!! AerLingus called off their strike!!! And I rang and got my cancelled flight back at the same price and everything!! Ok wasted money on Ryanair-but still AL is much better-and the airport's easier to get to!!! Yay!!!
OMG halleluja!
Quote:
Congratulations to the beautiful bride!! tanya, you looked amazing. Soooo lovely and elegant!

Peeps! Im back in action!! I had a great week/weekend!!! Had a few parties to go to and saw friends and family I hadnt seen in years. I got to wear some cute outfits and it was so much fun! I missed you guys big time! I stuck to meat but had a few no-nos, like hotdogs, hamburgers, and sausage, but Im back to lean to get these last pesky pounds off. Im not weighing for a few days because I know Im up, but hopfully I'll be back on the losing strak by weeks end.

Oh...and the drinks..there were lots.
good fun,you deserve it, too!
Quote:
CC- Recap your current pc issues (if your still having them) My hubby is the pro, I'm just good at faking it. Im more server administration..and job scheduler, but I build and rack, when necessary.!
Al, the new (refurb) board comes tomorrow....I'm hoping it will be plug n' play and I won't have to feed it BIOS and SCSI cuz I don't know crap about it....will keep you posted.
Quote:

O I want to hear all about that! Almond flour is so dang expensive........wah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
HI Guys,

Long time no talk! I was moved to a new office and I can't come on much because of it but I am sneaking on right now, I miss your support and have gained 5 pounds back and I am completlyaddicted to sugar again and trying to get back to low carb but its hard without my friends who are doing the same thingh=, I will try and get back on later this week

Miss you all
hang in there babe, don't let that sugar slap you down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Hey Fabulous ladies (gents),

Thanks Viv, GT and Al...I am looking forward to rest and relaxation during my vacation..I though I would be adventurous and go to Central or South America, but other elements came into play (or another person)...It is a few weeks away, but I'm excited...I'm also going with 'a friend'...So it should be interesting...We've only traveled through 'Big Sky Country' before, so this should be fun...

Well, I've had a busy few days, but it has calmed down considerably at work....I have been looking into working at the county jail as 'moonlighting' for a bit for the experience before heading off to Officer School in September...I spent the day on Sunday at the one downtown..Interesting is all I can say..A great learning experience....

Well, I have to get back to 'curing' people...HAHAHAHAH!!!JK..We cannot do those things...We can only help with, as I like to call it, 'the organization of the mind' for those who need a helper....Take care and have a great day!!
Psych, vaca sounds incredible, enjoy!

'I have been looking into working at the county jail as 'moonlighting' for a bit for the experience before heading off to Officer School in September...I spent the day on Sunday at the one downtown..Interesting is all I can say..A great learning experience....'

all I can say is..now we know she's insane! The things you will subject yourself to.........and do tell about OS, are you military?

Well, Mom's in the air back to Miami, waaaaaah. She'll be back soon, tho...and I have all the wonderful relandscaping she did to remind me of her.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

CC-I signed up earlier this year...Since I am a doc, they send you straight to officer school because you enter as a captain for several weeks and then you go on assignment...So, technically, I'm not military yet...But the second week of September, I guess I will be....I like to see the world first hand..I love experiencing other peoples' realities and what better way to do that than to take my talents on the road....I know the troops will be my top priority, but to get out and go to other countries and experience what I read about and see on the internet live will be awesome I want to be completely out of my element...Europe and Canada are wonderful places that I have traveled to before, but other sundry places await me.. I look forward to it, but first 18wks of 'training'..or the 'training' that professionals go through in the military awaits...YAWN

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 06-06-2011 at 04:01 PM..
Old 06-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
I'm going to start taking vitamins now, after hearing about how beneficial they are.

Tanya, congrats, and great picture. Have an awesome honeymoon .

Aleriaaa, I'm so glad you're back, and please allow me to see your pics too, after you reach goal.

Brumby, I think you should try eliminating things that have artificial sweeteners in them, as previous members have noted that they may cause cravings and cause you to lose slower, and try to eliminate all fat. Have faith, weight loss will happen. I actually started the stillman diet exactly one month ago, and have only lost 10 lbs so far, because I cheated twice and gained all the weight back both times. I've been strict for about 2 wks so far, and have finally got my act together. Remember that all dieting takes a tremendous amount of willpower and that at least we don't have to exercise on this diet. What helped me stop cheating was to avoid looking or thinking about food too much, or looking at food pics. Good luck, and don't give up!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Stats: Lost 100 lbs. & 6 sizes; 30 lbs. and 2 sizes left!
WOE: Low cal, mod carb, and cycle it all
Start Date: Summer 2002
Hey all!!

Tanya You look absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on your wedding and maintaining. I can only hope I will look so lovely someday soon

Al YAY! You're back

So yesterday I saw a lovely number of 204!! SO EXCITED! I'm nearly 6 ft tall, so 204 is still a bit plump for me. I probably won't get much lighter than the 170s - maybe 160s if I push it. We'll see what Stills can do for me.

AM: one pork rib and piece of brisket (tried to not eat any of the fat on these)
LUNCH: sugar free, nonfat yogurt (it's all I could think to pop in my purse and eat on break at work)
PM: Undecided...cottage cheese or tuna maybe?

I'm a bit bummed since I'm down 3 pounds, but I haven't started to lose inches. (My jaw line does look a bit sharper.) I was kind of hoping my pants would begin to feel a bit loose. I really would like to lose in my hips and bust. But alas, I'm up about 1/2" in my bust and hips are the same.

Anyway, still enjoying this way of eating. I did eat some coleslaw and cornbread last night with my BBQ. But up only .4 lbs this AM, so no worries. I have moments when I absolutely adore the simplicity and ease of meals Stillmans allows me. And then moments of wanting something non-Stillmans. Still have a secret fear I will blow up once I reach my goal weight and start to ease up on Stills...

My blog http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/bl...-vintageously/

Last edited by Live Vintageously; 06-06-2011 at 05:12 PM..
Old 06-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #328
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey there girlies! Just got home from work and had more bad stuff. :blush: hot dog, hamburger, and a sausage patty.... So.. can I get a do-over? gonna grill up a tray of chicken breast in the am, so there will be no excuses!

gosh its tough now that I have the taste of fat back in the mix.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Vintageously View Post
I'm a bit bummed since I'm down 3 pounds, but I haven't started to lose inches. (My jaw line does look a bit sharper.) I was kind of hoping my pants would begin to feel a bit loose. I really would like to lose in my hips and bust. But alas, I'm up about 1/2" in my bust and hips are the same.

Dont be bummed! You are still doing great!! The inches will follow, I assure you!! and then youll get bummed because the weight will stay, but then the inches will drop! Either way, its a win! win!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
HI Guys,

Miss you all
missed you tooo!!!!!
Closed Thread