Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
JUMPSTART-Stilmans

Hey, do you need a Jumpstart

This is a two or more day Jumpstart for your diet of choice. I can't seem to do Stillmans too long (or any diet for that matter) but Stillmans will jumpstart any plan. So my new diet involves two days of stillman a week and then any other kind of diet the rest of the week.

come one come all,,,,,let's watch those unwanted pounds just fade into the horizon of a Brand new YOU! and me!

My plan is two days a week stillmans,,,,,but if I can do more I will. My problem with restrictive diets is I just start craving all the other foods and then overdo and the weight comes back.

Here's an idea of how this will work for me or you:

Monday-----free day pick any diet
Tuesday-----Stillmans
Wednesday----Stillmans
Thursday===---Atkins
Friday-------Atkins
Saturday------Count Calories
Sunday------Count Calories

This is not in Stone and can be switched around to fit your schedule. In other words if your going out to eat with friends and you want to count calories or Atkins or something else...Do it,,,,without guilt

Frances
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Good Luck Frances!! I'll be following your progress as the days go on! You know me, Im too hardcore to switch it up, but I'll be rootin for ya!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Aleriaaaa,

You are hardcore and skinny too! I appreciate the encouragement! I need it!

Many years have past and sometimes I go up and sometimes I go down, but for me I just can't seem to stay with anything too long. So thus, The New Plan. Stillmans will be for only two days, which I can bear. Then atkins adds somethings I can't have on Stillmans, then the calorie counting, but I'm gonna try to not overload on carbs. I just figure, if the motivation really hits me, maybe I'll do more Stillmans or Atkins days.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Monday

A shake and a great meal of Curry Noodle!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: essence
Stats: 268/268/175
WOE: protein power/atkin 72
Start Date: December 3, 2013
I too am thinking of doing stillman and protein Power together... but i think i will do PP on the days i work which is about 3 a weeks and Stillman on the days i am off and one day out the weekend. or maybe i do it vice versa..

breakfast so far 3 hard boil eggs
essence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Hi essense,

That sounds good. I've had 3 eggs and now a bowl of chicken curry soup. I put some chives in it too. Later tonight I'm having some chicken hot legs. I feel I can make it through these only two stillman days. I haven't checked out the PP. Is it basically a protein shake?
Old 05-31-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: essence
Stats: 268/268/175
WOE: protein power/atkin 72
Start Date: December 3, 2013
Pp.. Is protein power .. It a low carb diet by the eades but u eat 30 net carbs to start.. It the only lowcarb diet i eva really done.. Its what i am doing now.. I love it.. Imma do stillman wed-friday!! Since these r my work days and i wanna b strict on those days!!
essence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

well tuesday was my first stillmans day and I have a 3 pound drop to report...Yeeeee! That's why I love stillman. It was probably some water weight but I love to see the scale go down. Today I'm doing stillmans too!

on Friday and thurs. I'll be doing Atkins,,,,Have you ever checked that diet out Essense? There are stages in Atkins. I'm going to be on the phase where you can eat protein which includes some cheese and I'm gonna stay about 30 on the carbs. But just getting that cheese and carbs will be fun.

Last edited by It'stime; 06-01-2011 at 08:38 AM..
Old 06-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
This is actually what I have been doing all along,lol. I can't keep to stillmans but for a few days at a time, then I break down and go to regular low carb. It seems to be working though and it keeps me sane. We all have to find what works for us
momtocj7mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
This is actually what I have been doing all along,lol. I can't keep to stillmans but for a few days at a time, then I break down and go to regular low carb. It seems to be working though and it keeps me sane. We all have to find what works for us
Hi Momtoc,

Do you plan your stillman days? Or just go as long as you can and then to low carb. Today is my second stillman day and I'm looking forward to cheese with meat and a few carbs tomorrow. But I'm not dying right now,,,,I know there's an end in sight
Old 06-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Lost two more pounds today,,,,yeeaaaaah!

today starts my atkins days!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Stats: Lost 100 lbs. & 6 sizes; 30 lbs. and 2 sizes left!
WOE: Low cal, mod carb, and cycle it all
Start Date: Summer 2002
It'stime, I love your plan!! Calorie and carb cycling is a really good thing to do. Most skinny people do it naturally; it keeps your body guessing so it doesn't get efficient and slow down on weight/fat loss. And it keeps a person sane! Eating the same way everyday gets boring.

Trying Stillman's QWL strictly this week, but I may have to follow your suit and switch things up. today is day one of Stillman and I feel tired, weak, and hungry. I'm trying to make it a week and see how i feel.
Live Vintageously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Vintageously View Post
It'stime, I love your plan!! Calorie and carb cycling is a really good thing to do. Most skinny people do it naturally; it keeps your body guessing so it doesn't get efficient and slow down on weight/fat loss. And it keeps a person sane! Eating the same way everyday gets boring.

Trying Stillman's QWL strictly this week, but I may have to follow your suit and switch things up. today is day one of Stillman and I feel tired, weak, and hungry. I'm trying to make it a week and see how i feel.
LiveVintageously,
Thanks for the encouragement! I didn't know that about skinny people, but it doesn't surprise me. Well I just went through two Stillman days and lost 5 pounds and now I'm on Atkins and waiting for my steak and stringbeans with grilled onions and garlic. Really happy for the change already.

You can make it through that week and you'll be really happy once ketosis kicks in.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:42 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hi Momtoc,

Do you plan your stillman days? Or just go as long as you can and then to low carb. Today is my second stillman day and I'm looking forward to cheese with meat and a few carbs tomorrow. But I'm not dying right now,,,,I know there's an end in sight
I pretty much just go as long as I can and then go to low carb. I try to make sure I do low carb days over the weekend, it gives me something to look forward to, lol. I also use IF some days (admittedly, not on purpose sometimes) I had hit a plateau and I think I needed to confuse my body a little bit to get things moving in the right direction again. So I use a combo of 4 different plans right now....... Stillman's, Dukan, IF, and general low carb, LMBO!! Whatever works right?
momtocj7mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Francis. .

I'm curious to see your progress. .We have almost the same stats so I was pretty excited to see your 5 pound loss in 2 days. . I'm doing a modified Stillman's right now (while weaning off carbs). . as I am incorporating a few veggies in (Mainly lunch!). but I plan to drop most of that when I feel a little more in control. . another loss would do it for me . . However, the idea of rotating the Atkins/Stillmans sounds great! I have to go dust off my Atkins books but If I recall, veggies and cheese were allowed as well as salad dressing!!!MMMmmmmmm.. Even if I did that once a week, I would be thrilled. .I can eat tuna, eggs and chicken most days but every once in a while, a girl's gotta have a hunk O cheese or a big juicy steak with Peppers, etc. . OK.. I'll stop drooling now and return to my grilled chicken!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Checking in with my own modified (rogue? LOL!) Stillman's day.

I had
Brekkie: hardboiled egg and nonfat latte
Lunch: roast beef (completely trimmed fat away) with bbq sauce, followed by one mint oreo
Dinner: sugar free nonfat yogurt & half granola bar

Must say, the bit of carbs is nice. I'm thinking of limiting the carbs to one meal per day - say salad and lean protein for lunch, or toast and eggs for breakfast - and eating true Stillmans for the other two meals. Yay? Nay?

Just an idea. The little bit of carbs per day really does make me feel better.

How are all of you doing?

It'sTime Love the Bible verse in your signature! Rejoice in Him!

My blog http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/bl...-vintageously/
Old 06-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Francis. .

I'm curious to see your progress. .We have almost the same stats so I was pretty excited to see your 5 pound loss in 2 days. . I'm doing a modified Stillman's right now (while weaning off carbs). . as I am incorporating a few veggies in (Mainly lunch!). but I plan to drop most of that when I feel a little more in control. . another loss would do it for me . . However, the idea of rotating the Atkins/Stillmans sounds great! I have to go dust off my Atkins books but If I recall, veggies and cheese were allowed as well as salad dressing!!!MMMmmmmmm.. Even if I did that once a week, I would be thrilled. .I can eat tuna, eggs and chicken most days but every once in a while, a girl's gotta have a hunk O cheese or a big juicy steak with Peppers, etc. . OK.. I'll stop drooling now and return to my grilled chicken!
I'm not Francis but I had to chime in. Atkins was a bit too much fat for my tastebuds, but I know what you mean! Stillmans definitely makes me crave things like veggies, full-fat cheese, and whole milk lattes. And let's not even talk about dessert!
Old 06-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
I pretty much just go as long as I can and then go to low carb. I try to make sure I do low carb days over the weekend, it gives me something to look forward to, lol. I also use IF some days (admittedly, not on purpose sometimes) I had hit a plateau and I think I needed to confuse my body a little bit to get things moving in the right direction again. So I use a combo of 4 different plans right now....... Stillman's, Dukan, IF, and general low carb, LMBO!! Whatever works right?

that sounds good momtoc,
basically what I'm trying except with some different plans.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:08 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Francis. .

Hi IM@fat,

Well I just got done with two fun Atkins days. You know I may have eaten a few to many carbs today. I went to Golden Corral. But I think they were under 50. It's so hard to say at a buffet. Now tomorrow and the next day I'm gonna count my calories and try to stay around 1200. That will be the interesting part of this diet for me. I don't know what my body will really do with the change in carbs, but I'm gonna stay no carb till dinner and I believe that will help me to keep the calories and carbs lower. But I'm looking forward to a hot dog and bun...I am only counting the calories for Saturday and Sunday. So far I'm having fun with this. Now Monday I get to pick any diet and tuesday and wednesday back to stillmans hard core.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:15 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Vintageously View Post
Checking in with my own modified (rogue? LOL!) Stillman's day.

I had
Brekkie: hardboiled egg and nonfat latte
Lunch: roast beef (completely trimmed fat away) with bbq sauce, followed by one mint oreo
Dinner: sugar free nonfat yogurt & half granola bar

Must say, the bit of carbs is nice. I'm thinking of limiting the carbs to one meal per day - say salad and lean protein for lunch, or toast and eggs for breakfast - and eating true Stillmans for the other two meals. Yay? Nay?

Just an idea. The little bit of carbs per day really does make me feel better.

How are all of you doing?

It'sTime Love the Bible verse in your signature! Rejoice in Him!
Love that one mint oreo touch! I also agree atkins allows a little toooo much fat for me. I don't go whole hog, if you know what I mean.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:25 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Love that one mint oreo touch! I also agree atkins allows a little toooo much fat for me. I don't go whole hog, if you know what I mean.
I completely know what you mean! I'm still doing rogue Stills and loving it. In fact, yesterday I only had one legal meal and am down another 1.5 lb this AM! (I'm not going to make it a habit to eat that way, since I don't want to stall or anything.) My only qualm is I haven't started to lose inches yet... so I'm hoping it picks up soon. I have a couple of dresses I want to look killer in. I keep watching vintage movies from the '50s and '60s for a little inspiration to keep me going. I love their figures: lithe and slender, but not bony. And the clothes are sensational!

Can't wait to hear how you're doing
Old 06-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Live Vinta,
Well today is a weird scale day. It went up, but I'm on my second day of counting calories and I started counting today after midnight, was up late and ate 900 calories of peanut butter and cracker and apple juice. Yes it was fun, but it showed on the scale today. Yesterday before 12 midnight I ate 1500 calories so I'm sure they all ran into one another, but today I'm gonna finish well by eating about 600 low carb calories. Then I think I'm just gonna start the Stillman days early. That should help me get on track. I think they are just phantom pounds,,,they'll disappear soon.

R U exercising Live Vinta?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Live Vinta,
Well today is a weird scale day. It went up, but I'm on my second day of counting calories and I started counting today after midnight, was up late and ate 900 calories of peanut butter and cracker and apple juice. Yes it was fun, but it showed on the scale today. Yesterday before 12 midnight I ate 1500 calories so I'm sure they all ran into one another, but today I'm gonna finish well by eating about 600 low carb calories. Then I think I'm just gonna start the Stillman days early. That should help me get on track. I think they are just phantom pounds,,,they'll disappear soon.

R U exercising Live Vinta?
We all have days like that! I know you'll be on track soon. You're taking it in good stride. It's best not to get stressed out about it and just do what you know to do and get it back down. I've done some walking. But I live in a tourist town in the Rockies, so walking is kind of the norm. I have done a little weight lifting and some Classical Stretch. But not more than once a week, just whenever I feel like it. Nothing structured. Are you exercising?

Adding in the daily carb has helped my energy. When I was strictly Stills for those first couple of days, I thought I would faint just walking to the car. But just the bit of carb made the diff for me. I'm also counting calories on Stills. Not obsessively, but I keep a rough count. It's easy to keep at 1200 cals when I am on Stills, even with the carb. I mean, a can of tuna or couple of hard boiled eggs for a meal or two is super easy on cals AND carbs. Have you tried adding a little carb and going rogue with Stillmans? Just a thought.

Had more to eat this AM than I planned-oops!:
half of a tall caramel macchiato (2% milk and full sugar syrup -- I felt so naughty, hehe)
half of a 6oz fat free, sugar free yogurt
2 granola thins (they are soooo yummy! 80cal per thin)
small piece of homemade elk jerky
1/2 hard boiled egg (shared it with my little dog )

I'm eating out at BBQ with friends. So I'm going to eat a hard boiled egg and cottage cheese before I go volunteer this afternoon. Gotta get strict come tomorrow though!

Hope you're having a good day, It'stime!

P.S. I've got 20 lbs. I'd like to lose by the end of July or mid August. Then we'll see how much more to go.

Last edited by Live Vintageously; 06-05-2011 at 11:15 AM..
Old 06-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Alright I'd love to lose those 20 pounds with you by the end of July,,,,I'd feel so skinny!

No about that 2% Milk and maple sugar slip up,,,,,,,I don't see any real regret there

but I like you style

I am now at 1900 calories for today and just hoping to stop here. I may have to re-evaluate the calorie counting weekend and structure it more or just try another type of diet for those two days. But I'll really be able to tell if it is that bad after I make it through my stillman days.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Alright I'd love to lose those 20 pounds with you by the end of July,,,,I'd feel so skinny!

No about that 2% Milk and maple sugar slip up,,,,,,,I don't see any real regret there

but I like you style

I am now at 1900 calories for today and just hoping to stop here. I may have to re-evaluate the calorie counting weekend and structure it more or just try another type of diet for those two days. But I'll really be able to tell if it is that bad after I make it through my stillman days.
I'd feel so skinny too!! We'll get there!

Haha! No regrets about the latte slip-up I kinda needed a little something.

How is the calorie counting coming? I overate BBQ meat last night and felt crummy. But the food was good; I cheated with some coleslaw and a bite of a corn muffin. Otherwise, pretty much just meat. Was only up .4 this AM, so not going to get concerned. Now, if I stall or am up more tomorrow, AM... :blush:
Old 06-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
I like your plan! It looks like you've dropped 8 pounds in a little more than a week? Awesome!

I was toying with the idea of doing Stillman Mon-Friday afternoon, and then a low carb/paleo approach Friday evening -Sunday. In fact I'm like 99% sold on this plan. I will keep an eye on your thread and join in if and when I can --- if you don't mind??
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiley2801 View Post
I like your plan! It looks like you've dropped 8 pounds in a little more than a week? Awesome!

I was toying with the idea of doing Stillman Mon-Friday afternoon, and then a low carb/paleo approach Friday evening -Sunday. In fact I'm like 99% sold on this plan. I will keep an eye on your thread and join in if and when I can --- if you don't mind??

Of course your so welcome to join us. With any ideas too!

I must say this is a work in progress. Because the past week-end really messed me up when I did the calorie counting. I'm gonna re-vamp The Plan. I think the important thing is to kick out anything that doesn't work for you. Maybe later calorie counting will work for me,,,,but when I include any amount of carbs I sort of lose control

So my new plan is in my siggy....I am recovering the losses and feeling good.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Thanks!
What is in your superfoods green shake?? Sounds interesting!
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

I've bought a few different brands of these...Two from netrition express vegetable green and macro greens one from enerfoods and I'll probable check out GNC for their version. Basically they are about 4-6 carbs per serving and full of vitamins. I'm gonna try to go all the way with this low carb and feel alot more like I'm not missing vitamins. That's the story on that.... You can throw them in a smoothie but I just stir it up and drink it. they are really healthy too!

On my stillmans days I'm trying to stay below 10 carbs. On the Atkins days I'm going low but will allow 50 carbs.

I must say I'm doing alot better now. Back on track and I'm even gonna be careful on my day off. (I think). I have some momentum going
Old 06-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Well I'm down to 170.

This week was good and I am doing Stillmans today. Tomorrow is a day off and I can eat what I want but I'm going to try not to eat 5000 calories. I think I will count them to make sure I don't go to high. I have a BBQ to go to. It potluck so I'll bring some veggies.