Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Stats: Lost 100 lbs. & 6 sizes; 30 lbs. and 2 sizes left!
WOE: Low cal, mod carb, and cycle it all
Start Date: Summer 2002
It'sTime FANTASTIC!! I'm up a couple of pounds due to a couple of off-plan days. But already going down again after hitting stills and some water yesterday. My hope is that I can actually continue going down. Not sure if I'll keep doing rogue stillmans or not... I'm kind of thinking of doing something different. We'll see!

Again -- congrats girl!
Live Vintageously is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
Hi Live,
Well I'm doing something new again! But I'm gonna keep alternating with Stillmans, but with a different plan. Vegetarian one day Stillmans next day. I will be on Atkins tomorrow due to going on a restaurant. So I feel hopefull. but I will keep an eye on the calories on the Vegetarian days. Those carbs add fast!
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Stats: Lost 100 lbs. & 6 sizes; 30 lbs. and 2 sizes left!
WOE: Low cal, mod carb, and cycle it all
Start Date: Summer 2002
Hey girl! I hope your new plan goes well for you! Are you missing vegetables on Stillman days? Or wanting to try something different?

I found this interesting in relation to Stillmans: Published in the early 70s (or was it late 60s??) Luciana Avedon's Body Book (she was married to the Prince of Italy...and she was gorgeoussimo!), the author advices us to eat mostly lean protein, vegetables, fruit, and some low fat dairy and full-fat hard cheeses; to lose weight you cut out fats, creamy sauces, starches, sugar, and junk but keep one starch you love (such as toast, rice, potatoes, or pasta) and eat a small portion of it a few times a week. She said it is your lifeline to keep you sane while you changed your diet and lost weight. She was very, very lean while also being slightly muscular, toned and whatnot. I find her book incredibly helpful. She even advocates weight training for women and fasting occasional meals. She was well ahead of her time.

Even after some crazy days and regaining a couple of pounds, I'm down again, one pound lower than my last lowest Stillman weight. We will see how long it lasts. I am finally feeling a little bit slimmer. I'm not so sure it's Stillmans. My new job has me on my feet and walking around for 20 hours a week. So I wonder if that is more it. I'm sure Stills help though.

I hope the week is going well for you! I had some full fat cheese yesterday and today –just an ounce. It was heavenly and I relished every crumb!

My blog http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/bl...-vintageously/

Last edited by Live Vintageously; 06-15-2011 at 05:54 PM..
Live Vintageously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Yes Live,
Really missing veggies and some carbs.

That plan sounds great! I may try alternating with that type of diet also. Stillmans does keep me on track. So if I start to slid it helps me get back.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Well it's official,,,,,,I'm in real hardcore MEAT OVERLOAD! I must take a vacation from meat for a while.

Saying bye to all my stillman buddies for a while. You may see me back here later. I wish you all happy pound shedding.

Live Vinta, it's been really nice meeting you. Hope to see you around the board!
Old 06-20-2011, 07:32 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ranebaby
Stats: 162/154/120
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 2011
I'm Back On!!!

Well, I'm doing it again after about 2 years. Stillman's was my staple diet until it seemed not to be effective anymore...Yesterday I weighed 162. 6 and this morning....Wait for It....158.8....man, what motivation....
Ranebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ranebaby
Stats: 162/154/120
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 2011
3rd Day Blues!!!

Well, I feel miserable...I am not happy...I know that I must stay strong. I have been on this diet many times before, but now for some reason, it is so tough!
Ranebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

maybe try switching it up a little Ranebaby.....like with atkins or something.

I'm switching to calorie counting and then going to stillmans when I feel the power.