Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #241
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Mar, are you a Dr. (or a trainee!) just wondering cos you said your Cardiology Tech Programme was cancelled? WTG on not scoffing the Muffins BTW!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Since we have been going back and forth about Maintenance. I have been watching my friends's eating habits lately, particularly those who are slim, like slim all the time, and their weight never changes.

I notice that those "Always slim" people just don't seem to eat a lot of food, and certainly no "Bad food".

We are all making a conscious choice to eat certain foods and hopefully change our mindsets for life, and I think its possible. Stillmans or not.

One of my friends eats Low carb but is not on a low carb diet, at all.
I notice that when she eats sandwiches she normally has them open face, and always seems to get mustard and skip the mayo. She eats super light salad dressings and doesnt ever have a million toppings on her salads. When we eat pizza she always wants thin crust...These things use to annoy me, now I get it!
When she eats fajitas she normally eats the meat out of the tortilla, or has 1 tortilla and eats it, then eats the meat on its own with cheese and veggies.

My sister always eats heavy meats when we go to breakfast places like IHOP, where I would always get the pancakes and french toast.

It makes me think that a person can be thin for life by making small every day adjustments that seem to stick.

These slim people can get large too, just like a lot of us have( or WERE) but they arent obsessed over some diet or killing themselves at the gym, they just make smart decisions with every single meal, and have their treats, and move on, and dont even think twice.

Can you imagine life like that? Where you dont think about every morsel you put in your mouth, but you just reach for the right things, and go on about your day?
That sounds like freedom to me...some days I feel like I am a prisoner to my weight and to my food menus.... I would give anything to be more like them.
However I know I am not ready to make the right choices on my own, so I need this help right now, the books, the menus, the assistance.

Recovering Food addict, right here!

I feel like if I gained some weight down the road it would be ok, but if I could level it out at a fair weight by just being reasonable about my food choices.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Stills chick-I'm with you on the body recompositioning, I want that too! I can see that it's kind of in my grasp, as in I have the potential to look like the afters in BFL, well the less good ones, anyway! (never did I ever think it would even be poss to dream about it!) i truly believe that exercise is the key to actually changing your body shape.
Again I don't actually want to be as body built as some, i still want the long lean toned thin look!!
Oh, and Tanya's arms!
ok GT -

Deal
You can have my arms, but I would need your legs. I dont know what they look like, but at your super low weight they have to be pretty slim!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Mini Rant:

I have had 3 friends of mine, all struggling with their weight, notice my progress and approach me for help

My friends say they are working out ( nearly every day) and counting calories and havent lost a single pound!
I am doing half the work and am literally disappearing into a cloud of smoke before their very eyes.
In reality I am sure they arent properly watching their diets, so I could tell them that, but I dont want to be a capital B-word

I think I am going to start charging for my services. I am spending hours a day, emailing menus, sending text messages of encouragement, fielding questions about food choices all day and night

How did I get myself in this situation? I know how, I work events so I am visible and I make my weight battle very public so when people see me, they are eager to see my progress ( on facebook or something) .... I guess when you are doing well at something, others want to follow !

I love my friends and I will be there for them until the end, but good Lord, this is turning into a full time job!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Mar, are you a Dr. (or a trainee!) just wondering cos you said your Cardiology Tech Programme was cancelled? WTG on not scoffing the Muffins BTW!!
No I work in a college in the health science department, we train the smart ppl haha
Old 05-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Mini Rant:

I have had 3 friends of mine, all struggling with their weight, notice my progress and approach me for help

My friends say they are working out ( nearly every day) and counting calories and havent lost a single pound!
I am doing half the work and am literally disappearing into a cloud of smoke before their very eyes.
In reality I am sure they arent properly watching their diets, so I could tell them that, but I dont want to be a capital B-word

I think I am going to start charging for my services. I am spending hours a day, emailing menus, sending text messages of encouragement, fielding questions about food choices all day and night

How did I get myself in this situation? I know how, I work events so I am visible and I make my weight battle very public so when people see me, they are eager to see my progress ( on facebook or something) .... I guess when you are doing well at something, others want to follow !

I love my friends and I will be there for them until the end, but good Lord, this is turning into a full time job!
Nice new pic! you look fabulous!!!!!

no one asks me what I do, because they see the way I eat and think its too strict lol
Old 05-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #247
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
ok GT -

Deal
You can have my arms, but I would need your legs. I dont know what they look like, but at your super low weight they have to be pretty slim!
Was just putting you on the friends list so ya can look at my thighs they're sooo not slim!! And you're stunning new avi popped up!! Tanya you have a really fantastic figure. I am so jealous!! Oh and of your dresses!! Is the foto of you in the yellow one pre-Stills???? What a figure!!!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #248
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and I'm jealous of your skin colour!!! Ok enough with my jealousy now! He!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

One more thing-I want the pink top!!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Since we have been going back and forth about Maintenance. I have been watching my friends's eating habits lately, particularly those who are slim, like slim all the time, and their weight never changes.

I notice that those "Always slim" people just don't seem to eat a lot of food, and certainly no "Bad food".

We are all making a conscious choice to eat certain foods and hopefully change our mindsets for life, and I think its possible. Stillmans or not.

One of my friends eats Low carb but is not on a low carb diet, at all.
I notice that when she eats sandwiches she normally has them open face, and always seems to get mustard and skip the mayo. She eats super light salad dressings and doesnt ever have a million toppings on her salads. When we eat pizza she always wants thin crust...These things use to annoy me, now I get it!
When she eats fajitas she normally eats the meat out of the tortilla, or has 1 tortilla and eats it, then eats the meat on its own with cheese and veggies.

My sister always eats heavy meats when we go to breakfast places like IHOP, where I would always get the pancakes and french toast.

It makes me think that a person can be thin for life by making small every day adjustments that seem to stick.

These slim people can get large too, just like a lot of us have( or WERE) but they arent obsessed over some diet or killing themselves at the gym, they just make smart decisions with every single meal, and have their treats, and move on, and dont even think twice.

Can you imagine life like that? Where you dont think about every morsel you put in your mouth, but you just reach for the right things, and go on about your day?
That sounds like freedom to me...some days I feel like I am a prisoner to my weight and to my food menus.... I would give anything to be more like them.
However I know I am not ready to make the right choices on my own, so I need this help right now, the books, the menus, the assistance.

Recovering Food addict, right here!

I feel like if I gained some weight down the road it would be ok, but if I could level it out at a fair weight by just being reasonable about my food choices.
I have been doing the same thing, and have noticed the same thing aswell, I also noticed my naturally thin friends ALL stop eating when they are no longer hungry, I can't do that yet but one day I will be able to make the right choices and stop when I am no longer hungry and not just because my plate is empty or because am full.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
and have their treats, and move on, and dont even think twice.

Ditto.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #252
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
No I work in a college in the health science department, we train the smart ppl haha
me too!!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Was just putting you on the friends list so ya can look at my thighs they're sooo not slim!! And you're stunning new avi popped up!! Tanya you have a really fantastic figure. I am so jealous!! Oh and of your dresses!! Is the foto of you in the yellow one pre-Stills???? What a figure!!!!!
You have non touching thighs, one day I hope to have those....
Old 05-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
me too!!
thats crazy!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #255
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yeah peeps, it's the key, if we could think like thin people we would be!! I would give anything to have a normal relatnship with food and my body. Honestly if I had the one genie wish that would be it.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
One more thing-I want the pink top!!
no problem, I will mail you the top!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
thats crazy!
Not in the science dept.!! Oh boy did I hate science at school!! I actually failed a chemical bonding test-was the only thing I ever failed!! And I wasn't even upset!! Didn't do any science subjects for my Leaving Cert. (high school finals)
Old 05-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh and I'm jealous of your skin colour!!! Ok enough with my jealousy now! He!
haha ok you can have the skin and the arms

Ill take the thighs in the skinny jeans!

the yellow photo is actually recent
Old 05-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You have non touching thighs, one day I hope to have those....
They look better in fotos!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
They look better in fotos!
my new avatar is actually about 7 lbs ago..
Old 05-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have been doing the same thing, and have noticed the same thing aswell, I also noticed my naturally thin friends ALL stop eating when they are no longer hungry, I can't do that yet but one day I will be able to make the right choices and stop when I am no longer hungry and not just because my plate is empty or because am full.
oh my gosh Mar

Really, thats how I think about it.
I noticed my friend only ate two bites of her mashed potatoes and I was sitting there thinking of how I would have polished ALL of them off, and why didnt she add a bit more gravy....ugh, fat girl thinking, always gonna be there!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stillman's_Chick
Stats: 210.2/190/150
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: April 27, 2011
Quote:
Oh they are!!! What exactely is it though? I mean, are there lots of supplements or is it just a protein rich diet with strength training and HIT cardio? Between Christas and Easter I was kind of doing that, well Stills is protein rich, and I was doing interval training and then Callanetics and I def have got 'smaller' -in the strangest places, quite quickly too. Ok I don't particularly want to build loads of muscle-I know, i know it makrs you look smaller and it burns more fat, but I def don't want to bulk up. I can feel that I have blt some, I can feel them! Even though I keep reading you can't build anything with a calorie deficit!!! I think the EFL recommends heavier weights and less reps, whereas I would do more reps with lighter reps.
I do think the pics are amazing, especially the toning ones, they have completely changed their shape-gone from a grand slim figure to hello bikini!!!
Quote:
Stills chick-I'm with you on the body recompositioning, I want that too! I can see that it's kind of in my grasp, as in I have the potential to look like the afters in BFL, well the less good ones, anyway! (never did I ever think it would even be poss to dream about it!) i truly believe that exercise is the key to actually changing your body shape.
Again I don't actually want to be as body built as some, i still want the long lean toned thin look!!
Oh, and Tanya's arms!
It's a pretty simple plan.

Exercise 6 days a week. 3 workouts are strength training alternating between upper and lower body with each workout around 45 minutes long. The other 3 workouts are HIIT that last 20 minutes each. That's 1 hour of cardio and 2 1/4 hours of strength training a WEEK!

As for food you eat 5-6 times a day balanced meals of protein, carbs and a little bit of fat to fuel you for your workouts, help preserve and build muscle. Once a week the program calls for a "free day" where you're able to rest completely from the workouts and eat anything you want that's not on the allowed foods list.

I personally really dig the toned fit look of a swimwear model more than the long lean look of a runway model, but you know how the saying goes...to each his own!

My thing is that rather than constantly fighting weight gain by food restriction I'd prefer to make my metabolism better by adding muscle. If I can add 5-7 pounds of muscle to my body during the challenge while losing 25-30 pounds of fat I'd be stoked!

If you're interested in learning more any and all information about what the program entails can be found right here. Body-for-LIFE Library

I'm going to be all over it after these first 8 weeks with Stillman's to cut the majority of the fat and I'm happy there are people on the board who are into it already.

Last edited by Stillman's_Chick; 05-04-2011 at 12:38 PM..
Old 05-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillman's_Chick View Post
It's a pretty simple plan.

Exercise 6 days a week. 3 workouts are strength training alternating between upper and lower body with each workout around 45 minutes long. The other 3 workouts are HIIT that last 20 minutes each. That's 1 hour of cardio and 2 1/4 hours of strength training a WEEK!

As for food you eat 5-6 times a day balanced meals of protein, carbs and a little bit of fat to fuel you for your workouts, help preserve and build muscle. Once a week the program calls for a "free day" where you're able to rest completely from the workouts and eat anything you want that's not on the allowed foods list.

I personally really dig the toned fit look of a swimwear model more than the long lean look of a runway model, but you know how the saying goes...to each his own!

My thing is that rather than constantly fighting weight gain by food restriction I'd prefer to make my metabolism better by adding muscle. If I can add 5-7 pounds of muscle to my body during the challenge while losing 25-30 pounds of fat I'd be stoked!

If you're interested in learning more any and all information about what the program entails can be found right here. Body-for-LIFE Library

I'm going to be all over it after these first 8 weeks with Stillman's to cut the majority of the fat and I'm happy there are people on the board who are into it already.
I do like the sound of adding muscle, as a "Former" athlete, and I do mean Former, it does help.
Having more muscle helps so much. Back in my old day I used to eat SO much more food just because I could obliterate the calories during my endurance work outs. The only problem was one I stopped training, I still at the same amount, then I gained like a big giant black beluga whale

Nothing bad can from muscle tone. Its ALL good..
Old 05-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!

<----------new avi for Al!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #265
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
my new avatar is actually about 7 lbs ago..
you must be stick thin now!!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
you must be stick thin now!!!!
haha not quite, i will find an excuse to take a photo today for you, so you can see the MEAT that still clings mercilessy to every inch.

My current profile photo right now is just from a few days ago, in LA..I have on a jacket but its still me!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!

That's actually not that much exercise so! And they have amazing results! I do an hr and half of interval training and 2-3hrs(depending on the day, and how early I get up!) of strength training-Pilates, Callanetics and The Bar Method, 6-7 days a week.
I do love the swimwear model look too. I want the skinny runway one with a little muscle thrown in!! I want everything!!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #268
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
haha not quite, i will find an excuse to take a photo today for you, so you can see the MEAT that still clings mercilessy to every inch.

My current profile photo right now is just from a few days ago, in LA..I have on a jacket but its still me!
Ok you have no meat on them bones!!! You don't need to lose anymore. But hey that's what I get told and I know differently so I know how you feel wanting to lose more!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #269
Big Yapper!!!!

Tanya, can I ask? Have you dropped 2dress sizes on Stills?? (that's inspiration) and was your highest weight 160?
Old 05-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Tanya, can I ask? Have you dropped 2dress sizes on Stills?? (that's inspiration) and was your highest weight 160?
Hey GT

ok so this is the deal

My highest weight ( ever in life ) was 180, I was at that weight in 2007. I did diet, counting calories, psycho-style 7 days per week exercise and was able to lose 40lbs and get to 140 ( the weight I love). At that point I dove head first into the world of triathlons and marathons, cycling, you name it. Ate more food, which continued after the athlete lifestyle ended, unfortunately! Then I met my future hubby, and you know how that goes. The love eating sprees, movies, dinners, and I picked up 20 of those 40 lbs, but stopped it at that! Thankfully,

so 160lbs at my height of 5'8 puts me around a US size 8 or 10, depending on the clothes. At 140 lbs that puts me at a US 4 or 6.
So as I type this I am wearing US size 4 pants and a size small top.

So I say ALL that to say, Yes. I have dropped two dress sizes, and I would say pants sizes too.
The Ralph Lauren pants I was bragging about weeks ago, are now drooping and ill fitting.

Last edited by akagal20; 05-04-2011 at 01:14 PM..
Closed Thread