Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #1951
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
I'm blown away HOW FLIPPIN EASY it was! I even cut down on my workout, just to see if this was the real thang!. IT'S THE REAL THANG, Y'ALL! What a revelation!
You have done so well, B!! You put your mind to it and got it done! A true Stillman Champion!! We are so lucky to have you here to keep us motivated and inspired!! You rock!!

Come on girlies, lets catch up to Beth!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #1952
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
YOU HAD GROUND BEEF!! I havent been this excited since I got on the scale this morning. Oh, and I get the same stuff, but call it 90%.

121 today.
I did!!! Twas gooood!! Have some for this evening too!!

Yay on the scale!! you're shrinking!!!!

And slightly jealou!(in a nice friendle way though!) i was having a major pity party this morning!! Seriously!! oh I gotta stop!!!
It was like everyone else can lose apart from me! Like Beth back in skinny jeans in less than a month!! Tanya lost 6inches off her hips in like 2months! Psych lost 3lbs this week!!! You just keep losing!!!The list goes on!!!!
I think, I eat the same!! I workout! And I still lose nothing!! What's wrong with me??!! I've barely lost a dress size in a year! And barely 7lbs!!! The clothes I bought last Summer, yeah ok may be loser but they're not exactely falling off!! I know things have definitely changed-like I lost another shoe size! But it's just soooo slow!! Uuuugh!!!
I know it's worth it as in there's no alternative cos if I didn't eat the way I do or if I didn't workout then I'd just balloon!!

Ok pity party over!!!! That was just a big whinge!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-29-2011, 06:42 AM   #1953
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Ok I've had a few drinks therefore I'm back to my old self so here is a photo '

there she is! the gorgeous girl we know and love!!!!

...and that really cute guy too!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:43 AM   #1954
Big Yapper!!!!

This day 2 weeks I shall be at home!!!! Yay!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #1955
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I did!!! Twas gooood!! Have some for this evening too!!

Yay on the scale!! you're shrinking!!!!

And slightly jealou!(in a nice friendle way though!) i was having a major pity party this morning!! Seriously!! oh I gotta stop!!!
It was like everyone else can lose apart from me! Like Beth back in skinny jeans in less than a month!! Tanya lost 6inches off her hips in like 2months! Psych lost 3lbs this week!!! You just keep losing!!!The list goes on!!!!
I think, I eat the same!! I workout! And I still lose nothing!! What's wrong with me??!! I've barely lost a dress size in a year! And barely 7lbs!!! The clothes I bought last Summer, yeah ok may be loser but they're not exactely falling off!! I know things have definitely changed-like I lost another shoe size! But it's just soooo slow!! Uuuugh!!!
I know it's worth it as in there's no alternative cos if I didn't eat the way I do or if I didn't workout then I'd just balloon!!

Ok pity party over!!!! That was just a big whinge!!!!
We're only losing cause we have something left to lose! I think its time for a round of GT pics. We want to see ya in that new dress or cute skirt you just ordered! What size was it? Im coming up on goal and Im sure the weight loss will come to a screeching halt. THere's only so much my bod will be able to give up too.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:54 AM   #1956
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
there she is! the gorgeous girl we know and love!!!!

...and that really cute guy too!
He is a real stunner !

No drama this time , only my friends telling me that I looked great
True friends
Old 05-29-2011, 07:14 AM   #1957
Blabbermouth!!!

My update:

7 days of super-strict Stillmans and I lost 6 pounds.

Menu yesterday-
2 eggs/can of tuna
2 eggs/can of tuna
2 eggs/chicken breast
2 sweet&lows
3 CLs
2 gum
lots of black coffee

I swore I would be at goal for T's wedding, so here's hoping this week will be a repeat!!! (I wanna think positive here, but to lose another 6 seems a little unlikely - we shall see!!)

So, in my two years of dabbling in meat, I have never experienced the miracle of eggs. Its been quite fun and easy and "cheap" including them over the last week. I feel good. No issues. and I have energy through the day. I still tend to get tired and go to bed early, but I think thats just the way I am, and has nothing to do with the diet.

Im making sure to eat 3 times a day, and my portions are cut back a bit from what Im used to but Im not hungry at all. In fact, I just eat like clockwork now. Without the spices, the food is so bland and boring that I just eat it and get it over with, and move on. Its really an awakening to remove the emotional attachment from food and not get seconds just because it tastes so darned good.

Yeah I still want things, and if I smell something yummy, it puts me into a little daydream but thats it. Ive mustered up the will somehow to get this done, and now its a habit.

Everyone out there can do this. If I can, you can. Promise yourself a week and do it no matter what. Lose 10 pounds with the quickness and keep it going!!! Recognize your trigger foods, even if they are allowed on the list. If you overdo any of them on a regular basis, Omit them now. (mine was Crystal Light and sweet&lows - way too much!!!)

I swear if anyone new out there is thinking of giving QWL a shot, you will not be disappointed.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #1958
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
He is a real stunner !

No drama this time , only my friends telling me that I looked great
True friends
Oh Im so glad to hear that!!! I could tell by your smiles that it was an amazing time!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #1959
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
This day 2 weeks I shall be at home!!!! Yay!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:16 AM   #1960
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
We're only losing cause we have something left to lose! I think its time for a round of GT pics. We want to see ya in that new dress or cute skirt you just ordered! What size was it? Im coming up on goal and Im sure the weight loss will come to a screeching halt. THere's only so much my bod will be able to give up too.
Oh I have plenty of 'squish' to lose!! Ordered the dress in a 2 and 4. And the skirt in a xs. They'll be at home waiting-hopefully!! Got them posted home-cos they don't deliver to Germany!
We've to go to a graduation when I'm home so I might post pics then!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #1961
Big Yapper!!!!

7 days and 6 pounds--kill me now!!!!!!

No, seriously, i'm so happy for you!! Ya know I you!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #1962
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh I have plenty of 'squish' to lose!! Ordered the dress in a 2 and 4. And the skirt in a xs. They'll be at home waiting-hopefully!! Got them posted home-cos they don't deliver to Germany!
We've to go to a graduation when I'm home so I might post pics then!!
awesome!!! please please please post!!!

Im still a little squishy too... actually, Im the girl that doesnt exercise so Im all squish!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #1963
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh I looove eggs!!! Yum!! A HB egg is always my breakfast!!
And you're right about blandness-it actually makes it much easier!
I've got bored of tuna for a while now, i've bought some chicken breasts. I'm just so lazy! Opening a can of tuna is sooo easy!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #1964
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and I agree with Al--to everyone wondering if QWL works---it does!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #1965
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
7 days and 6 pounds--kill me now!!!!!!

No, seriously, i'm so happy for you!! Ya know I you!!
thank you. I cant beleive I stuck with it. Plus it was a shock to my body going so low fat, it had to give something up! So keep shocking your system with the beef!! Confuse it up!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #1966
Big Yapper!!!!

I do love ground beef!!! No, i mean I could eat piles of it!!!! Could chomp down the whole 400gram packet!!! I've never done it!! But I could!!!! I think that's like 12ounces!!! Not great with the converting!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:29 AM   #1967
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh I looove eggs!!! Yum!! A HB egg is always my breakfast!!
And you're right about blandness-it actually makes it much easier!
I've got bored of tuna for a while now, i've bought some chicken breasts. I'm just so lazy! Opening a can of tuna is sooo easy!!!
youre right about ease. Ive gotten soooo lazy in the kitchen, it took everything to get me to the grill the other day to cook up my chicken. and even using the microwave with my eggs- no dirty pan!!!

I shouldnt say Im lazy cause I still do spend a LOT of time grocery shopping, cooking and doing dishes. Im still making school lunches everyday and packing snacks, and cooking dinners for the fam, and providing popcorn or ice cream cones for after dinner snacks. I dont know how the heck I do it all, actually. Cheezits and Goldfish Crackers used to be a big weakness for me, shaking them into the little snack baggie....mmmm they smell so good.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #1968
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I do love ground beef!!! No, i mean I could eat piles of it!!!! Could chomp down the whole 400gram packet!!! I've never done it!! But I could!!!! I think that's like 12ounces!!! Not great with the converting!
do it up girlfriend, you'll just pee it out!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:32 AM   #1969
Blabbermouth!!!

and peanut butter and jelly crusts!!! BIG WEAKNESS!!!!

OK. I gotta snap out of it... maybe its time for my microwaved eggs..

BBL

Old 05-29-2011, 07:39 AM   #1970
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I shouldnt say Im lazy cause I still do spend a LOT of time grocery shopping, cooking and doing dishes. Im still making school lunches everyday and packing snacks, and cooking dinners for the fam, and providing popcorn or ice cream cones for after dinner snacks. I dont know how the heck I do it all, actually. Cheezits and Goldfish Crackers used to be a big weakness for me, shaking them into the little snack baggie....mmmm they smell so good.
No either doI !! All that good food in the house!! Your willpower is amazing!!
A friend said to me the other day You have more cosmetics in your fridge than food!!! kinda true---food, eggs, milk, mustard and water!! Cosmetics--suncreen, fake tan(fake bakes says it lasts longer in the fridge!) eye cream and nail polish!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #1971
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
do it up girlfriend, you'll just pee it out!
I think if I ate 12oz of ground beef that would really shock my body!! might try it someday--as long as you're here with tea and sympathy whenI gain!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #1972
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
and peanut butter and jelly crusts!!! BIG WEAKNESS!!!!

OK. I gotta snap out of it... maybe its time for my microwaved eggs..

BBL

Never understood that american combination!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #1973
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Well Good Morning,

It is relatively tamed this morning at my work....I just had a boiled egg and I feel great..That filet mignon was wonderful last night...My mouth was satisfied after I grilled it and seasoned with blackening spices...Yummy...

Oh GT..It is sooo wonderful to hear that you have eaten ground beef..I don't think I've eaten it in a few weeks, but I love it just as you do...You already know what changing up your meal selections and upping your caloric intake will do for you I don't even have to mention it...

I'm glad you had a great time yesterday AkaGal..Terrific picture...

Al, I'm loving your menu...It is very similar to mine only yesterday was a turkey day
B-2 boiled chicken breasts
L-2 Jenny O turkey patties broken up in a skillet with a few cajun spices...
D-grilled filet mignon (delicious)

I must get back to work...I'll check in later..Take care all and have a beautiful day...
Old 05-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #1974
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hey all........just got back online.

Friday-power out til 2 then business tower toast and router dead.

Saturday-shopping with mom and new router in hand, returned home to flooding (in town, our house okay) seriously scary and huge chunk of the road missing, shaking as we drove over it.
Router works on all towers except my laptop (of course ) finally updated network driver (thank goodness for flash drives) and things are looking up now.
Mam o maneshevitz I've never seen water that high or fast in person.......scary.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #1975
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: essence
Stats: 268/268/175
WOE: protein power/atkin 72
Start Date: December 3, 2013
Goodmorning ladies. i am essence. i would love to join u guys and do stillman. with all of u. i am starting fresh. i am not new to low carb i did this once years ago and manage to drop down in the 130s. hoping i have the same sucess this time to
Old 05-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #1976
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Thanks Pure and Sally! You can do it too. Just stay very strick, if you're hungry eat lean... DONE!

YOU GO AL! ROCK ON SISTER MOMMA! Yep, you'll be there in a week. CONGRATS!

GT!
Get your Thyroid tested. Make sure they not only do TSH, but test FREE T3, and FREE T4. If you can do a google and check to see if there's any BIHRT people where you life, GO THERE. "Bio-Identical-Hormone-Replacement DR's. that is...

2. Since you mentioned that you gain when you eat ground beef, I'd go for more lean. WHy not chicken, eat 2 ckn breast a meal with maybe Egg Beaters, it's good that you've chilled on the Mustard.

3. Cut back on the cardio and do resistance with a bit more wt. This will force your body to burn more calories at rest.

4. Al is eating around 1000 cals a day and losing almost a lb a day... YOUR IN STARVATION MODE! Pretty soon your Adrenal Glands will burn out, "if they're not already"... And you'll not like that so much. When we put our bodies in this drastic state, you're producing WAY more adrenaline than you need, which increases your Insulin which makes your body resist wt. loss. Do a google on Adrenal burnout and Insulin Resist. as it pertains to this.

5. LOSE THE GUM, AND ALL ARTIFICIAL SUGARS FOR A WEEK. COLD TURKEY. GET THOSE CARBS OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM. I've read where some can't even tolerate any sugar alcohols as the liver converts these AS to ... blah, blah, blah. YMMV! Nonetheless, something isn't working and you're damaging your body.

Okay, enough said! I don't want to make you feel bad, it's just what I think will help you. Slowly upping cals, WITH ONLY LEAN PROTEIN, slowly adding wt. training and slashing the cardio immediately. Most importantly, Going to the Dr.. We can do all that is right and still be beating our heads against the wall if our internal engine runs like a go-cart. You have to have a properly working Endocrine System to do pretty much anything, and your Thyroid is the Master Conducter of all our Hormones. Maybe your Thyroid wasn't bad before you started, but I pretty much guarantee its fried now. The longer we stay in Starvation Mode, the more suppressed we are. You may just need a little medicine, who knows, but it's worth cking out, eh?

Big Hug, I'm praying for us all.

Beth

Last edited by Beth Sch; 05-29-2011 at 08:42 AM..
Old 05-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #1977
Major LCF Poster!

ok i have the atkins 72 book and o my does it work. is the only difference between this and stilman is the fat amount and the small salad? i think am gonna start with stillman and gradually go to atkins 72
Old 05-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #1978
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Welcome essence! You'll be delighted at how fast you lose weight on stillman's. You can expect a 1 lb/day loss on your first week, and about 5 pounds per week after that.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #1979
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
Welcome essence! You'll be delighted at how fast you lose weight on stillman's. You can expect a 1 lb/day loss on your first week, and about 5 pounds per week after that.
hello. i am so ready to get this weight off. i am doing so well so far
Old 05-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #1980
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hey all........just got back online.

Friday-power out til 2 then business tower toast and router dead.

Saturday-shopping with mom and new router in hand, returned home to flooding (in town, our house okay) seriously scary and huge chunk of the road missing, shaking as we drove over it.
Router works on all towers except my laptop (of course ) finally updated network driver (thank goodness for flash drives) and things are looking up now.
Mam o maneshevitz I've never seen water that high or fast in person.......scary.
Hi CC! Hugs! glad your house is ok! The devestation from the tornados is just awful.
Closed Thread