Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #1861
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TexasMommy
Stats: 231.5restart/227.5/165 5'9", Female
WOE: Back to Basics
Start Date: Restart 10/1/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Texas--he is soooooooooo cute!!! He's gorgeous!!
Thanks so much!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #1862
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
nice warm day here........we're awaiting the tornado warnings til 10PM and the quarter sized hail potential.......such fun!

So I decided to make mint juleps.........courage in every glass!
Be safe CC!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #1863
Blabbermouth!!!

Lady Gaga: Inside the Outside, on MTV, tonight at 9PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #1864
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Specialty-Psychiatric training--adult and geriatric--subspeciality-personality disorders and somatization disorders, psychosis.....

If children are admitted at night when I am on-call, I take care of their preliminary psychiatric needs and put a probable diagnosis, of course, but I don't do adolescence as a general practice....Not specialized and quite frankly, their parents either help or completely make their situation worse with no support...

But, just as every doc goes to medical school, we know the basics....I was a surgical rat in medical school....I loved surgery and still do..I thought that I would be happy as a general surgeon, but I thought about the hours and the fact that I don't want to be standing in exploratory surgeries for hours at a time when I am 60...I wanted a long and doable career for 40-50 years without getting bored...My attention span can wonder if I am bored very easily...So many different people with different mental illnesses..It is a crap shoot everyday..Yeah, there are the frequent fliers, but there are interesting cases as well...In a few months, I am going to officer school in the us army and be a military psychiatrist which I am looking forward to..There is so many mental challenges that manifest during and post war that it is going to be so fascinating to be apart of and research...Helping our troops...I'm so excited for the next chapter of my career...

Oh and CC, take care of yourself..That bad weather has been mindboggling the last few weeks..Be safe lady...

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 05-26-2011 at 06:33 PM..
Old 05-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #1865
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Specialty-Psychiatric training--adult and geriatric--subspeciality-personality disorders and somatization disorders, psychosis.....

If children are admitted at night when I am on-call, I take care of their preliminary psychiatric needs and put a probable diagnosis, of course, but I don't do adolescence as a general practice....Not specialized and quite frankly, their parents either help or completely make their situation worse with no support...

But, just as every doc goes to medical school, we know the basics....I was a surgical rat in medical school....I loved surgery and still do..I thought that I would be happy as a general surgeon, but I thought about the hours and the fact that I don't want to be standing in exploratory surgeries for hours at a time when I am 60...I wanted a long and doable career for 40-50 years
without getting bored...My attention span can wonder if I am bored very
easily...So many different people with different mental illnesses..It is a crap
shoot everyday..Yeah, there are the frequent fliers, but there are interesting
cases as well...In a few months, I am going to officer school in the us army
and be a military psychiatrist which I am looking forward to..There is so many
mental challenges that manifest during and post war that it is going to be so
fascinating to be apart of and research...Helping our troops...I'm so excited for
the next chapter of my career..

Oh and CC, take care of yourself..That bad weather has been mindboggling the last few weeks..Be safe lady...

Psych-

That is exciting and interest , what a nice career choice
I just read this book a lady who attendee west point and endured an eating disorder . It was a true memoir and hard to put down
She had a number of issues and spoke about how many others in the service were mentally gone for one reason another

Very Interesting to me

-T
Old 05-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #1866
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
WOW!

GT, hey love, if you'd like, I'll email or PM you some books you can ck out on the Internet. I really want to help you.

Psyhe, all I can say is I went through much pain and a myriad of Dr.s who took inaccurate tests until I finally found THE TRUTH of what was really going on with my body. Some of the test which have been around forever are faulty-archaic in showing NOTHING about what "un-bound hormones do at the celllular level". My sharing what I've discovered was merely to bring to light an issue which could have been overlooked as to why GT is having to be so drastic etc. I'm a lover, not a fighter and I didn't get my MD, well kinda, I got my MD, in MAD DIETER on the loose... lolol, so the playing field is a bit esque--(tag, you win...) All that said, I'm not about to go into a battle with you over me trying to help someone who is obviousy having a difficult time. A time in which I too traveled and "thank God" with Bio-Identical-Hormone-Replacement Therapy, was delivered from starvation/exercise abuse insanity...

Given that, no disrespect, none in the least. If you'd like to PM me and we can have a meeting of the minds, I'd love to share with you what I've learned... Otherwise, I probably WON'T be bantering back and forth with "she said, she saids..." Not the place for such ramblings of discord, if you catch my drift. Nonetheless, I'm always free to share what I've learned to whomever has a desire to learn...

I'm here to help, love encourage and support anyone I can, conversly, I gain so much in return . I don't like to belittle, chastise, correct or insult people I honor... That's just me !

Hope all is great in Stills land for everyone. Let's fight the good fight, and help each other to the goal line... IN LOVE, AND RESPECT! Knowledge shouldn't be used as a weapon to wound, it's a gift to be shared... IMHO

Last edited by Beth Sch; 05-26-2011 at 10:33 PM..
Old 05-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #1867
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
So aleriaaa, you have lived 2 years on meat only?
And thanks everyone for your replies, I realize that we all have our naysayers, and always will, no matter where we are in our weight loss journey. And for some reason, it seems that these naysayers are mostly other women, right? I have to stay strong like you girls have, and prove to myself I can actually stay on a diet until I get to goal, and beat my current record of a un-whopping 9 days.
For those girls that have stayed on this diet consistently for weeks or months...how did you resist those cravings each and every time? Because I keep failing to stay on any plan for more than 2 weeks, which is not going to work.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:58 AM   #1868
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
So aleriaaa, you have lived 2 years on meat only?
And thanks everyone for your replies, I realize that we all have our naysayers, and always will, no matter where we are in our weight loss journey. And for some reason, it seems that these naysayers are mostly other women, right? I have to stay strong like you girls have, and prove to myself I can actually stay on a diet until I get to goal, and beat my current record of a un-whopping 9 days.
For those girls that have stayed on this diet consistently for weeks or months...how did you resist those cravings each and every time? Because I keep failing to stay on any plan for more than 2 weeks, which is not going to work.
Not 2 years straight. My longest stretch lasted nine months, then I blew it on vacation. Ive been on and off it ever since. Thank goodness Im back on, baby!!

Hmmmm..how do I stay on plan. I come here and rant when Im craving something... I shove more meat in my mouth until I cant stand another bite... I may eat a fattier cut of beef if I feel like splurging, and I have been known to drink.

I may guzzle some water/CL, or I just go to bed!!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 05-27-2011 at 05:00 AM..
Old 05-27-2011, 05:01 AM   #1869
Blabbermouth!!!

Peeps! Im gonna be busy today, but I'll try to come back!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:17 AM   #1870
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! Really quick hi!! Grabbing a cuppa between classes-work is craaazyyy!! Meetings, meetings, meetings! Actually, guzzling a yukky coffee cos I am soooo tired. The builders started at 5:30!!!! Aaaghh!
Going to a BBQ---(griil out??!! Hee!) this evening so I shall be eating me some meat!! BBL!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 05-27-2011 at 05:22 AM..
Old 05-27-2011, 05:18 AM   #1871
Big Yapper!!!!

Al- and i'll talk to you later!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:39 AM   #1872
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/230.2/150 Female 5’ 7'
I'm on my way to Texas. I won't be able to weigh myself!! I'm used to weighing myself everyday or every other day. I tried on the dress that I'm going to wear tommorrow and it fits beautifully!! I'm middle eastern so it's not a typical American dress. I will try to post pics. I also wear a scarf .
Old 05-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #1873
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
WOW!

GT, hey love, if you'd like, I'll email or PM you some books you can ck out on the Internet. I really want to help you.

Psyhe, all I can say is I went through much pain and a myriad of Dr.s who took inaccurate tests until I finally found THE TRUTH of what was really going on with my body. Some of the test which have been around forever are faulty-archaic in showing NOTHING about what "un-bound hormones do at the celllular level". My sharing what I've discovered was merely to bring to light an issue which could have been overlooked as to why GT is having to be so drastic etc. I'm a lover, not a fighter and I didn't get my MD, well kinda, I got my MD, in MAD DIETER on the loose... lolol, so the playing field is a bit esque--(tag, you win...) All that said, I'm not about to go into a battle with you over me trying to help someone who is obviousy having a difficult time. A time in which I too traveled and "thank God" with Bio-Identical-Hormone-Replacement Therapy, was delivered from starvation/exercise abuse insanity...

Given that, no disrespect, none in the least. If you'd like to PM me and we can have a meeting of the minds, I'd love to share with you what I've learned... Otherwise, I probably WON'T be bantering back and forth with "she said, she saids..." Not the place for such ramblings of discord, if you catch my drift. Nonetheless, I'm always free to share what I've learned to whomever has a desire to learn...

I'm here to help, love encourage and support anyone I can, conversly, I gain so much in return . I don't like to belittle, chastise, correct or insult people I honor... That's just me !

Hope all is great in Stills land for everyone. Let's fight the good fight, and help each other to the goal line... IN LOVE, AND RESPECT! Knowledge shouldn't be used as a weapon to wound, it's a gift to be shared... IMHO

Beth...I love synthesizing information especially when someone brings other knowledge to the plate..I DO NOT ascribe to the back and forth 'tag' thing that you suggested before..I was just trying to bring tried and true research to the table for others to digest...From what I gather, GT's problems do not appear to be hormonal or at the glandular level...When you spoke of calories a few days ago, I thought you hit the nail on the head..I was like, BINGO! Which is why I didn't comment..

When you train your body to eat less and less calories, your body responds by holding on to whatever little morsel it can to survive...If you are consuming a calorie count of 600-700 calories a day and you have extended this time over several months and years, your body will gain weight if you go over this amount GURANTEED!! We agree whole heartedly...In order to get out of this limit, one would have to slowly add calories over a period of time as to increase your metabolism and other functions....It comes down to your liver and it's synthesizing mechanisms....Granted you my gain a few pounds at first, but when you get your metabolism adjusted again, the weight loss that one desires will come, it just will be a slower process until you get your calories up and your metabolism right...

I have no animosity against you or others when it comes to differences of opinion..We are in this struggle together, but we all choose our comments and choose them well...I try to be absolutely truthful in my responses and bring research tested information to the table...I wish everyone success....

Full disclosure...I have hypothyroidism...I had a thyroid storm in college after playing rugby one day, I was regulated, had radiation I-131 administered a few weeks later and have been hypothyroid ever since...I take levothyroxine which helps to regulate metabolism and pretty much all functions in the body...That little butterflied-shaped gland nested in your throat regulates so many functions in your body...Endocrinology is so rich and detailed and another area that I thought about pursuing after medical school but chose psychiatry....

Anyway, we are on the same team, we just comes from different perspectives. When I get a chance that modification ID information will certainly be read about by me...Have a fantastic day everyone....I am really rushing..Good luck with your loses and I am wishing everyone a great Friday

PS...ICDI...Where in the Middle East are you from?

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 05-27-2011 at 08:05 AM..
Old 05-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #1874
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I'm on my way to Texas. I won't be able to weigh myself!! I'm used to weighing myself everyday or every other day. I tried on the dress that I'm going to wear tommorrow and it fits beautifully!! I'm middle eastern so it's not a typical American dress. I will try to post pics. I also wear a scarf .
ICDI-

Thats wonderful news about your dress
I know you are going to have a great time!

Good job

-T
Old 05-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #1875
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TexasMommy
Stats: 231.5restart/227.5/165 5'9", Female
WOE: Back to Basics
Start Date: Restart 10/1/12
Wow, so much interesting information to mull over.

Although I haven't started Stillman yet, I am on my final day of the Fat Fast.

I began Monday at 219 pounds. *Up 3 from 216 after eating higher carb Fri, Sat, Sun.

This morning I weighed in at 212! Sweet!
7 pounds in 4 days.

Today after work I'm going Stillman grocery shopping. My Mom is going to be go shopping as well and join me. She would like to lose about 40 pounds and get to 110-115 lbs.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #1876
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/230.2/150 Female 5’ 7'
So far I had 2 light babybel cheese and 1 package of 90 calorie beef lunchmeat. 200 calories so far. I know dinner will be more calories so I'm trying to keep it low until then. I don't usually eat now but everybody was. They ate with bread, crackers, and cheeses.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #1877
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
AWESOME!!!!!! Have a great time on your trip!!!! and we want pics, for sure!!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #1878
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMommy View Post
7 pounds in 4 days.

Today after work I'm going Stillman grocery shopping. My Mom is going to be go shopping as well and join me. She would like to lose about 40 pounds and get to 110-115 lbs.
7 pounds!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!! Cant wait for you and Mom to start Stillmans!!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #1879
Blabbermouth!!!

Had a meeting over breakfast today. While everyone else ordered cheesy omelettes, and hash and home fries and toast, I ordered my 3 scrambled eggs on a plate. Even asked not to add cream/milk. I didnt even pretend to eat toast! Everyone was cool about it and just joked that maybe they could convince me next time to get the stuffed french toast. My boss told me to get the steak and eggs, but I didnt want to stuff myself. (for a change-lol)
Old 05-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #1880
Big Yapper!!!!

Beth, Psych--I agree!! I don't think I have any hormonsl issues! I've said time again that my body is used to so little food and so much exercise. It sucks but it's true! And I know I have to cut the exercise a bit and up the calories to get it back to normal, but I'm not ready to gain, even a little, at the moment. Maybe in a while!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #1881
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh definitely post the pics!!! Enjoy Texas! Maybe you'll see Tanya out strutting her skinny stuff!!
Old 05-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #1882
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Had a meeting over breakfast today. While everyone else ordered cheesy omelettes, and hash and home fries and toast, I ordered my 3 scrambled eggs on a plate. Even asked not to add cream/milk. I didnt even pretend to eat toast! Everyone was cool about it and just joked that maybe they could convince me next time to get the stuffed french toast. My boss told me to get the steak and eggs, but I didnt want to stuff myself. (for a change-lol)
I was just looking over your stats..You are sooooo close, Al....I envision two weeks strict and you will be there.....Congrats on your progress thus far!
Old 05-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #1883
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMommy View Post
Wow, so much interesting information to mull over.

Although I haven't started Stillman yet, I am on my final day of the Fat Fast.

I began Monday at 219 pounds. *Up 3 from 216 after eating higher carb Fri, Sat, Sun.

7 pounds in 4 days.

Wowie!! That is sweet!! Well done you!!
Old 05-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #1884
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Yay you!!! And it's so true, people care a lot less about what we eat than we think!
And that's cool about asking for no milk or cream-I've always avoided scrambled eggs because of that!
Old 05-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #1885
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I was just looking over your stats..You are sooooo close, Al....I envision two weeks strict and you will be there.....Congrats on your progress thus far!
She's brilliant!! poster girl for QWL!!
Old 05-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #1886
Big Yapper!!!!

Have you lost another pound, Al??? Ok WOW!!!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #1887
Big Yapper!!!!

Psych--are you always on a blackberry or something? I never see your light on!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #1888
Big Yapper!!!!

Well peeps, I uped my cals today!!! Was at a BBQ and had spicey chicken, some ribs and a big juicy homemade burger!!! So I reckon my cals were waaaay up!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #1889
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh definitely post the pics!!! Enjoy Texas! Maybe you'll see Tanya out strutting her skinny stuff!!
Old 05-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #1890
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
thank you so much!!! lets see how quick I can get er done. I sooooo cant wait to eat a big juicy steak!!!!! Thats my prize!!! No steak untill I see 115.
Closed Thread