Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 05:27 AM   #1801
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hey Al

I followed your advice last night and it worked well

We all went to a sports bar to watch our Dallas Mavericks win

So bar foods and pizzas an drinks were everywhere

I wisely ate before I came so I wasn't hungry but it looked good

I did drink though and it helped me relax an had more fun
It wasn't so bad like the last time

I had 2 shots of vodka , my fiancé ordered me the top shelf vodka so it would go down easier and then I has 2 vodka - water drinks through the night and I added in my MIO flavor and it was good , at some point everyone was grabbing the MIO an adding it to their drink

I don't feel so great today but just typical headache feeling
It will go away

My stomach looks extra flat , gotta love the liquor dehydrated look, lol

I worked out hard yesterday so I dont feel heavy, bloated or yuck

My weight has been to 136.5 but I'll avoid scale until Saturday
glad you had a good time! I forgot to mention you should probably have a 2 drink limit!! Our bodies just cant chug like they used to!! double the hangover!! I love that everyone was swiping the mio. hope the morning isnt too rough on ya!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2011, 05:30 AM   #1802
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
glad you had a good time! I forgot to mention you should probably have a 2 drink limit!! Our bodies just cant chug like they used to!! double the hangover!! I love that everyone was swiping the mio. hope the morning isnt too rough on ya!
I think the 2 drink limit sounds like a great plan
I believe that i needed to eat more at dinner and I didn't
Plus I worked out hard so I was already dehydrated and at a huge calorie deficit
Old 05-26-2011, 05:34 AM   #1803
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Wow Tanya 6 inches off waist and hips in what like 2-3 months?????? That is amazing!!!!! .......and depressing!!! Oh I lose so unbelievably slowly, it's unreal!!

And no, i don't really have that ' huge difference' look at all. It's strange. I'm exactely the same 'fatness' everywhere---this is really hard to explain,lol!!--the only place I would be really thin and boney--and BTW not in a good way--would be my face, hands, chest bones and to a lesser extent my ribs. As I've said before it scares me to think how much actual body fat I must have because there's no way I look like someone who weighs c120lbs!! And I wouldn't say I'm without some muscle either so. Eek!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #1804
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh and one more thing , my fiancé blurted out to everyone that i was on an " all meat diet" so all the girls start pelting me with questions and I was really embarrassed because I had eaten At home to avoid this type of problem and stay low key !

He has done this several times before even when I have pleaser with him to not mention my diet and if someone asks to just let me give my own explanation

I asked him why he does that an he said he " forgets that he isn't supposed to say that"
Old 05-26-2011, 05:40 AM   #1805
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Hey, I lost another pound, so I've lost 18 pounds since March 31. It seems like it's been really slow going, but 18 pounds in 2 months is not bad. I am trying to speed that up by really being strict on Stillman's, and it seems to be working. I just have to keep it going.

I grilled up a bunch of turkey and lean grassfed beef burgers last night and also made a batch of ketchup to take with me on my trip. Oh, question: do you think I should peel my HB eggs first and put them in a container already peeled, or peel them as needed?

My secret goal for the weekend is to come home and be at 174, which would put me at 20 pounds lost. I think I can do it as long as I stay on plan! I've thought about bringing my scale on my trip, but I think that would be a little excessive.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:46 AM   #1806
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah Butterfly and Tanya--I'm inclined to agree!!!! It annoys me when people go on about their weight and do nothing about it. Or say but sure it won't work anyway!! Aaagh!! Everything wiill---if ya stick to it!!!
One close relative of mine did QWL for maybe just under a month--very begrudgingly and with a lot of excuses and little cheats here and there--nothing too major--but let's say scones featured a few times!! Anyway she said she didn't lose anything much---so therefore the diet doesn't work!., eh hello?? Am I not proof that yup it does!!
Or i get from people oh it's ok for you! You can do it! i couldn't eat tuna or chicken for breakfast!! -----to which my response has been--if you really wanted to lose weight you could eat it!! Do you think I actually enjoy tuna for breakfast? Nope! But I suck it up!!
Now I keep my mouth shut!!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:50 AM   #1807
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Quote:
Oh and one more thing , my fiancé blurted out to everyone that i was on an " all meat diet" so all the girls start pelting me with questions and I was really embarrassed because I had eaten At home to avoid this type of problem and stay low key !

He has done this several times before even when I have pleaser with him to not mention my diet and if someone asks to just let me give my own explanation

I asked him why he does that an he said he " forgets that he isn't supposed to say that"
Oh, that would be really upsetting to me! I think maybe men don't have as many emotions tied to what they eat? My husband has no problem telling everyone that he's on Atkins and only eats meat. It just isn't a big deal to him and he's not at all embarrassed or anything about it, so he doesn't "get" that I don't want him broadcasting to everyone that I'm on a diet, or what I can and can't eat.

I had friends over recently, and they are close friends, so I'm comfortable with them knowing I'm on a diet, but they made it a big deal that I couldn't eat anything but meat, and actually posted on Facebook that they were having dinner with someone who only eats meat, and referred to me as a "Faunatarian" and a "Meatatarian". They were just being funny, but it still made me feel like I was on the spot, which I do not like, so I know how uncomfortable that is when your friends start asking questions.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:51 AM   #1808
Big Yapper!!!!

My Mother does that theeeee whole time!!!!! Oh X doesn't eat carbs, or she won't eat that!! Or when Dukan comes up she tells everyone that's how I lost the weight!! Ooooooooooh it kills me!!
When people go you've lost loads of weight--if I'm by myself, then there's usually silence cos I dunno what to say! I just kinda mumble um thanks. If hubs is there he doesn't dare say a word, i have him well trained!!!........ But if Mum's there.....she goes, like I'm still 5!!!--oh she did, and procedes to give chapter and verse on how!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:52 AM   #1809
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow Butterfly that's really good!!! Yay!!!
I think I would keep the eggs in their shells, i think that might keep them fresher.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:54 AM   #1810
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I shall be avoiding my scale too---for a long time!!! Up 3 flipping pounds!!! I know prob water weight or something.............but aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!! And I measured-not going near the tape measure for a long time either!!!! Nothing, not a milimetre lost from my hips, thighs, arms for ages--oh but a half inch of my waist!!! I know I shouldn't complain but really I didn't even think I had anything left to lose off my waist!! It's true though, why are the biggest places the last to go??!!!?? Aaaagh!!
I think your putting the tape measure in the wrong place. Find the smallest part of your thigh, and measure there. That'll work, then throw it out.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:57 AM   #1811
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah men just don't get it!!! Also I think people who've never had a weight problem don't get how uncomfortable it is to talk about diets, weight etc.
I know I prattle on about every detail of my weigh and foid here,lol, but honestly in real life I keep out!! It makes me go red when poeople start discussing diets etc. I feel so uncomfortable around that kind of talk!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:58 AM   #1812
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh too funny!! I hit the screen on the iPad too hard or whatever so the smileys came up really big!!!! The frownie one looks practically derranged!!!!! Oh Tanya you gotta see it!!! And Al--get thee to hubby's!!!
I'm nervous to login on it. Hes such a geek that he'll probably be able to retrieve all my messages and find out his wife used to eat mayo sandwiches. It wasnt even a nice sandwich by way, just used to slab it on and roll the bread slice over! :blush:
Old 05-26-2011, 05:58 AM   #1813
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I think your putting the tape measure in the wrong place. Find the smallest part of your thigh, and measure there. That'll work, then throw it out.
I love your world!!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:59 AM   #1814
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Hey, I lost another pound, so I've lost 18 pounds since March 31. It seems like it's been really slow going, but 18 pounds in 2 months is not bad. I am trying to speed that up by really being strict on Stillman's, and it seems to be working. I just have to keep it going.

I grilled up a bunch of turkey and lean grassfed beef burgers last night and also made a batch of ketchup to take with me on my trip. Oh, question: do you think I should peel my HB eggs first and put them in a container already peeled, or peel them as needed?

My secret goal for the weekend is to come home and be at 174, which would put me at 20 pounds lost. I think I can do it as long as I stay on plan! I've thought about bringing my scale on my trip, but I think that would be a little excessive.
Butterfly

You have had great results. Congrats

keep going and going!

-T
Old 05-26-2011, 06:00 AM   #1815
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm nervous to login on it. Hes such a geek that he'll probably be able to retrieve all my messages and find out his wife used to eat mayo sandwiches. It wasnt even a nice sandwich by way, just used to slab it on and roll the bread slice over! :blush:
Girlie, i've eaten mayo sandwiches too!!! And ketchup ones!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:01 AM   #1816
Big Yapper!!!!

I've got a fridge magnet from a friend that says----you'll always be my friend..........you know too much!!!
I think that applys here!!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:01 AM   #1817
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
GT -
OMG that's my problem and that's why people buy the myth that I'm too thin when I'm not because thy see my upper body which literally disappears when I lose weight !
The legs, hips and bottom take far far longer to slim so the top has to look deflated in order to lose enough to slim the thighs

I took my ( nonprofessional)measurements for the first time In a while This morning !

My results:

Before
38-33-43

After

35-27-37

I'll take it :
Holy smokes T!!! Great job!!! and I too suffer from being bottom heavy. well legs and hips at least. wish I still had a bottom!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:02 AM   #1818
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Holy smokes T!!! Great job!!! and I too suffer from being bottom heavy. well legs and hips at least. wish I still had a bottom!
You can have mine!!! I know, i know, i'm too generous!!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:03 AM   #1819
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and I swear Callanetics makes it bigger!! I know it's meant to lift it up---but at least when it was saggier it was flater!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:05 AM   #1820
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yeah men just don't get it!!! Also I think people who've never had a weight problem don't get how uncomfortable it is to talk about diets, weight etc.
I know I prattle on about every detail of my weigh and foid here,lol, but honestly in real life I keep out!! It makes me go red when poeople start discussing diets etc. I feel so uncomfortable around that kind of talk!
The ONLY reason I ever talk about my diet is because all of my friends are trying to lose weight and having trouble so of course they notice my loss, which you see by my measurements, its hard to argue with the measure tape right?
SO I am getting a lot of emails and text about how to lose weight. I don't always 100% tell them everything, because people are REALLY skeptical about Stillmans plan, and I hate hearing all the jab jab about Low Carb diets and how they dont work, and how I will be fat again soon, and bleh bleh
I prefer to stay in my own world, and then come to you guys for REAL talk and advice, and to VENT, etc etc

In my day to day life, I eat my foods like a finely tuned machine, and I mind my business. I have gotten good at this diet, and frankly i would like to keep it that way..

I do not like explaining it to naysayers, and I dont like anyone saying i "only eat meat" to a group of people eating a large pizza!

Good Grief!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:07 AM   #1821
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok gotta go back to class! Aagh just when you girls are on! I wana live in the same time zone! BBL
Old 05-26-2011, 06:08 AM   #1822
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

MEN!!!!

But if I were one of them, I would take one look at you and immediately rush home to do a search on "all meat diets".. I bet at least one of them did.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:08 AM   #1823
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
AL

Thank you! I must say out of all the diets and programs I have ever tried, This QWL plan has slimmed my thighs and hips to fairly small proprotions, as in High School size or smaller. I have trouble getting hips below 40 inch and thighs ( I actually couldnt get a good measure cause I wasnt sure where to put tape, but It was about 20 inch in the spot i got around the meaty area!)

My parents are doing a photo presentation at the rehearsal dinner, they dont think I know, but I know !I saw some of the photos ( because they got them from me) and they are some high school and college, and my goodness, I look pretty big.. even my fiance was like, wow, you picked up some weight in college! .. I was like, um I know, thanks for pointing it out man! goodness!

I like the appearance of slimmer legs versus my usual athletes track runner GAMS

-T
Old 05-26-2011, 06:10 AM   #1824
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
MEN!!!!

But if I were one of them, I would take one look at you and immediately rush home to do a search on "all meat diets".. I bet at least one of them did.
AL-

They all clearly had looks of "interest" on their face.
One girl even asked me to tell her the "Exact name" of my diet. another asked me for my daily calorie count! Can you believe that?
You are absolutely correct
-TAnya
Old 05-26-2011, 06:11 AM   #1825
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Fantastic results butterfly!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! I would peel the eggs and then store, they can be a real pain peeling afterwards, plus messy if you have to do it in the car!!! They will still last fine for a few days out of their shells. Im so excited for you!!! The weight is falling off!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:14 AM   #1826
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Girlie, i've eaten mayo sandwiches too!!! And ketchup ones!!!
what would I do without you you make me feel normal.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:16 AM   #1827
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You can have mine!!! I know, i know, i'm too generous!!
no no no you keep it.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:18 AM   #1828
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
and referred to me as a "Faunatarian" and a "Meatatarian". They were just being funny, but it still made me feel like I was on the spot, which I do not like, so I know how uncomfortable that is when your friends start asking questions.
Yikes!!! on FB??? that calls for a little smackdown.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:19 AM   #1829
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I've got a fridge magnet from a friend that says----you'll always be my friend..........you know too much!!!
I think that applys here!!

Old 05-26-2011, 06:21 AM   #1830
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh and I swear Callanetics makes it bigger!! I know it's meant to lift it up---but at least when it was saggier it was flater!!!
ok.. you need a smackdown now. we want saggy and flatty?? you would be soooo jealous of me.
Closed Thread