Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #1741
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
menu yesterday was

2 eggs/can of tuna
2 eggs/can of tuna
4 skinless chciken legs

Today will be the same, but Im all out of legs. back to chicken breast on the grill! joy.
My menu yesterday was :

Breakfast:
3 slices of turkey bacon
1 HB egg
1 cofee with cream ( ooops!)
Snack:
1 HB egg

Lunch:
1 chicken breast
I ENTIRE box of Tic tacs ( yikes)
1 diet soda

Snack:
1 HB egg
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese

Dinner:
3 scrambled eggs with fat free bacon bits and cheese!!!
8 grilled shrimp
2 chicken tenderloins with seasoning
1 serving of slice turkey meat with a cheese stick rolled inside!

Dessert:
Sugar Free Jello

OMG
WAY TOO MUCH FREAKING FOOD DUDE!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #1742
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
AL-

I am going to try to eat more fatty meats once the wedding is over.

ON our honeymoon ( June 30-July 4), I will have no choice but to eat steaks. I do not plan to splurge on the vacation, but that would be the perfect time to try to the fattier meats, if I gain, oh well, because it should be ok, just temporary, still meat! I dont want to be sick on vacation which is why I want to stay primarily healthy obviously having some fruits and veggies too.
I think the honeymoon will be the perfect time to try some new things, at least it will keep my mind off all the bad stuff. Its just a cruise, at least its not an All inclusive resort where I can just go crazy. The last time I took a cruise, I went to the gym on the ship every day and drank a lot of water, plus I was always swimming or doing some water sport to burn calories, so that way I could eat a bit more, drink, have fun, and when I came home I was only up like 2 or 3 lbs, which is nothing. I refuse to go on a vacation and come home with 10 extra lbs, no way. I will not allow that.

-Tanya
You have it together girlie. Perfect plan.

Ive been looking into cruises the last few days...you must be so excited!! I have to decide : to bring the kiddos, or not! I feel guilty that we've never brought them anywhere, but its an awful lot of money to spend to have to babysit, and not party! (Im such a terrible mother) But hey! I need my time too! Have you been to a resort or just do cruises. i always thought the resorts were cheaper cause the cruises tack on all the drinks.

There seems to be an alcoholic theme to my posts, but hey, when I do it up, I do it up!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #1743
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I ENTIRE box of Tic tacs ( yikes)
You have it worse for tic-tacs than i do CL!! are they the orange ones..those are my fave.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #1744
Blabbermouth!!!

and good luck with that over the top chocolate buffet on your cruise. Oh yes, Ive heard of those suckers!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:11 AM   #1745
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
and good luck with that over the top chocolate buffet on your cruise. Oh yes, Ive heard of those suckers!!!
Al-

no issue for me on the chocolate, I dont like Chocolate

-T
Old 05-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #1746
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You have it worse for tic-tacs than i do CL!! are they the orange ones..those are my fave.
Yes
they were the orange ones

I love the Orange ones and the Passion fruit flavors

-T
Old 05-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #1747
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Ive been looking into cruises the last few days...you must be so excited!! I have to decide : to bring the kiddos, or not! I feel guilty that we've never brought them anywhere, but its an awful lot of money to spend to have to babysit, and not party! (Im such a terrible mother) But hey! I need my time too! Have you been to a resort or just do cruises. i always thought the resorts were cheaper cause the cruises tack on all the drinks.

There seems to be an alcoholic theme to my posts, but hey, when I do it up, I do it up!
My fiance and I , NOW only love resorts.
I am not a fan of cruises anymore because I hate the extra costs

I like the all inclusive because you pay it all up front and then you just show up and eat and drink and play.

The only reason we are doing this silly cruise is because its a family reunion cruise ( bleh), we just have to use it as a our honeymoon because its a few weeks after our wedding, and we couldnt justify two vacations back to back!

So its not a " Real" honeymoon...

Being on a diet, the fact that its a cruise will be good because I cant just go nuts on drinks because we really cant afford all that especially after spending so much on airfare and then of course whatever activities we will want to do

Cruises suck. We are going just because we have no choice.

I think we are planning another resort vacay in the Fall, so we will look forward to that.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #1748
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TexasMommy
Stats: 231.5restart/227.5/165 5'9", Female
WOE: Back to Basics
Start Date: Restart 10/1/12
Hi girls, I will be joining you all in low fat meat land this Saturday after completing my 5 Day Atkins Fat Fast this Friday. So... I wanted to stop in and say hello!

aleriaaa - I was able to maintain my weight on fatty meat when I was at my lowest, but I was never able to lose more, which sucked because I absolutely LOVE eating that way!!!

Good day all!

--Cass
Old 05-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #1749
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
So like here!

Referring to Psych's post, I will continue to obsess/appreciate my weight now and forever. I love it! Not even at goal and I feel like I can wear anything! Saw a preview of the Miss Americas and my first response was 'that one on the left is fat!'

BBL off to work!
You're mean!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #1750
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I prefer any look besides my own!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #1751
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
You're mean!!!
GT-

If you think CC is mean for saying that, then you would think I was dreadful.
I am SO critical these days, I am hard on myself but just as hard on everyone else.
One of my friends who has always been thin, now to me doesnt look so thin. At the pizza place the other day, she was telling me about her strict work out plan, and I remember giving her a critical once over glance ( what a b&tch right?) and thinking, hmm, well you may need to step it up, cause it looks like you are looking a little fleshy these days! Now I didnt say that out loud, but I thought it. in the old days, I found her to be very thin, now either my mindset is changed, or she is bigger. I dont know.
But I was bothered that she was going on and on about this gym workout and how she wished she could tone up a little faster, and then had like 4 or 5 margaritas.. I had to bite my tongue..
I never SAY anything to anyone but in my mind, I do think a lot of thoughts!

-T
Old 05-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #1752
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
AL-
, at least its not an All inclusive resort where I can just go crazy.

-Tanya
Hmmmmm remember that, Al?????!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:42 AM   #1753
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I'll be a bad Mother too!! Small kids on vaca---nope!!! Just me and hubs!!!

Editing to say, Laughing aside, I do think couples need those few weks alone. I think both the parents and kids benefit!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 05-25-2011 at 09:10 AM..
Old 05-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #1754
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ooooooooooh when I am I booked???!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #1755
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Al-

no issue for me on the chocolate, I dont like Chocolate

-T
Old 05-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #1756
Big Yapper!!!!

Aw I wish I had the savoury tooth peeps! Why am I the one who loves chocolate!!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #1757
Big Yapper!!!!

Speaking of choc--guess what I saw in the supermarket??? Milka chocolate Philadelphia!!!! I could have cried!!! I think it might be very weird though!! Saw it while I was looking for ff cottage cheese! I'm so annoyed. There's one supermarket where you can buy the ff stuff--and there was a big gaping hole where it should have been. That's the second time that's happened. I was tempted to ask when they got the deliveries of them--but then I thought no, they'll just think I'm weird!!
Then, where the sf gum was, there was another hole where the one I (and everyone else, obviously!) like should have been. It's peach and mango-mmmm!!
So my shopping experience was not a happy one!!! And the leanest beef I saw was 10%.

I saw new flavours of tictacs-strawberry and something else-I was gonna buy--But there was no ingredients on the box. Do tictacs have no sugar?? Or do ye get sf ones?? I've never had tictacs--at home there's only mint ones and I hate minty things!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 05-25-2011 at 09:11 AM..
Old 05-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #1758
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yes
they were the orange ones

I love the Orange ones and the Passion fruit flavors

-T
Passion fruit!! That was the other flavour!! Yuuum!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #1759
Big Yapper!!!!

I always thought cruises were all inclusive--well the food anyway. Not alcoholic drinks!

In highschool we went on the ferry to France--and I puked the whole time! I was so sick. It was like theee worst never ending hangover ever!! Sooooo I'll never go on a cruise!!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #1760
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMommy View Post
Hi girls, I will be joining you all in low fat meat land this Saturday after completing my 5 Day Atkins Fat Fast this Friday. So... I wanted to stop in and say hello!

aleriaaa - I was able to maintain my weight on fatty meat when I was at my lowest, but I was never able to lose more, which sucked because I absolutely LOVE eating that way!!!

Good day all!

--Cass
Hi Cass, welcome!! ........and good luck on that fat fast!! I've done them a couple of times i call it the mayo-diet!!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:09 AM   #1761
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GT-

If you think CC is mean for saying that, then you would think I was dreadful.
I am SO critical these days, I am hard on myself but just as hard on everyone else.
One of my friends who has always been thin, now to me doesnt look so thin. At the pizza place the other day, she was telling me about her strict work out plan, and I remember giving her a critical once over glance ( what a b&tch right?) and thinking, hmm, well you may need to step it up, cause it looks like you are looking a little fleshy these days! Now I didnt say that out loud, but I thought it. in the old days, I found her to be very thin, now either my mindset is changed, or she is bigger. I dont know.
But I was bothered that she was going on and on about this gym workout and how she wished she could tone up a little faster, and then had like 4 or 5 margaritas.. I had to bite my tongue..
I never SAY anything to anyone but in my mind, I do think a lot of thoughts!

-T
I was only joking about CC!!! I'm not critical of other people's weights. Fact is I always think they're thinner than me unless they're overweight!
I would never be critical of friends!! If I didn't like someone and they were going on about how thin they were then I probably would think, well you're not that thin!! I wouldn't say it either!
....but ya know,T, in the good old Catholic Church the thought is just as bad as the deed!!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #1762
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Cass, welcome!! ........and good luck on that fat fast!! I've done them a couple of times i call it the mayo-diet!!
Thanks for the welcome.

I love mayo too much :blush:, and that's one of my main issues when doing Atkins or just general LC. Baddddd Mayo!!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #1763
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Hello, everyone! First of all, THANK YOU to everyone who gave me advice on my upcoming trip! I think I have a game plan. I'm going to Whole Foods today to stock up on FF cottage cheese, lean lunchmeats, maybe even get some very lean ground beef and grill some burgers to take. I will also pack some tuna pouches, hardboiled eggs, and some individual FF Fages. I'm going to bring a case of bottled water.

I'm honestly not worried about being tempted by the muffins and pastries and whatnot. I am so concerned about preventing myself from developing diabetes that eating those things doesn't appeal to me. If I go off plan, it will be eating a bunless cheeseburger and broccoli or an Atkins bar or something lowcarb but not Stillman's. The pizza night will probably be challenging, but I think I will be ok.

As far as what I will tell people...I think I will just say that I have dietary restrictions so I will provide my own food and leave it at that. If I'm questioned further, which hopefully I won't be, I can honestly say that I'm hyperglycemic and I have to be on a special diet to control my blood sugar. I'm probably over-thinking the whole thing!

In other news, the scale is finally moving again. Not much, but it's moving. I'm puzzled by the way my clothes are fitting. Some of my 14s are way too big, some still fit, and same thing with my 12s...some too big, some fit, and then some are too small or just don't fit right. I'd like to just bypass this whole stage and go right back into my size 6-8 wardrobe! Anyway, sorry to write so much! I probably won't be able to check in much while I'm away, but I will at least read the board on my phone if I have time.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #1764
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome.

I love mayo too much :blush:, and that's one of my main issues when doing Atkins or just general LC. Baddddd Mayo!!
Oh Stills is gonna be hard for you so!! The good Doc does not reccommend mayo!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #1765
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Butterfly-yay on the loss and the loser clothes!! I know what ya mean about wanting to skip right down to the 6 and 8s!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #1766
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Quote:

Good day all!

--Cass
Welcome!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #1767
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Hello Beauties!

Just doing a flyby, wanna say H!!

Hey Al, I'd love to give some suggestions to GT, if you're open, doll. A while back I did all egg whites, (I think I mentioned this last yrs...) Anyway, I did great and lost 15 lbs. in less than 2 weeks. I did NOTHING BUT EGG BEATERS, and or WHITES. Just a tad of mustard OCCASIONALLY! Well, low and behold, my hair started to fall out and I stopped losing wt. YEP, I was astonished, so then I went and upped my working out as well, like 2.5 hours a day with cardio, and power walking.

IT'S CRASHED MY METABOLISM, BIG TIME. Once I ate anything like 1200 or so I gained, NOT A LOT, but I gained over the course of a few yrs. like 40 lbs. It's so not worth it. Our bodies are so marvelous that in order to spare us from starvation, we adjust and adjust VERY WELL.

GT, my req would be to slowly lower you working out and increasing your lean protein. Add a serving of shrimp and or egg beaters with a bit of crab or another small serving of tuna to every meal. YOU WILL NOT GAIN WT, I promise, esp if you up your cals with LEAN MEAN PROT. Additionally, don't do as much cardio. I know you don't like the muscular types, but you need to do RESISTANT TRAINING! You won't build bulk as you don't eat enough... And, with all this cardio and such you are forcing your body to go to muscle and organs to pull protein out of them just for survival... Slow your roll, and hear the voice of reason. It would serve you well to follow my suggestions and you'd have better success in the long run. Love ya, girlie. I know this as I learned the hard way...

One last thought concerning this, then I'm finished... when we do the over exercise and we eat so sparingly we don't produce the Hormones and Neuro-Transmitters needed, our Immune System collapses and we are burning out our Adrenal Glands lightning fast. IT WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU, GT! GUARENTEED! So be careful. Thin is good, but death... NOT SO MUCH!

I believe the best MNT plan for us all would be minimal carbs and increased fats. Carbs are extraneous really. All our nutrients can be found in Beef! Do a google on the benefits of an all protein/fat diet. Given that, I am a strong proponent of GFBF, ATKINS--Lower fat version mind you, and a bit of Stills to make it all good!

After reading Dukan, I am a strong believer in his Attack Phase ONLY! Yep, I said it. He doesn't give any account to the poor people of the world who are Insuline Resistant--which is why they gained in the first place, and or to the fact that most really can't tolerate many carbs at all--Diabetics Type 1, and 2.

I think you have it right, Al. Fatty animal meat, minimal cheese, butter, oils is the way to go.

BBL

Last edited by Beth Sch; 05-25-2011 at 11:56 AM..
Old 05-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #1768
Big Yapper!!!!

Menu today was:
B: HB egg. 80cals
L: can of tuna. 166
D: pot of cottage cheese 4% fat. 184cals

Can of diet coke, 2pces sf gum.
430cals.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #1769
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the info, Beth! Believe me I do know it will probably catch up. I think if nothing else it's probably gonna make me look older in the face anyway. I'm just not really ready to up the cals much yet, maybe when I'm at goal!! Promise!!
I don't actually do a lot of cardio anymore. Instead of hrs on the bike, I do HIIT 3-4 times a week. I do a lot of resistant training, in the form of Calanetics, Bar Method Pilates, etc. I build muscle easily enough, I think. Though I do keep hearing you can't build muscle on a calorie deficit. I do know building muscle is also the way to increase your BMR, so here's hooping!!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #1770
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh Stills is gonna be hard for you so!! The good Doc does not reccommend mayo!
I am out of mayo and am not going to buy anymore, so I can do it!
Closed Thread