Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #1681
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Your tuna only has 60cals??? No fair! Mine's double!! Or you mean a serving?? Mine says thete's 2servings too-like who'd eat half a can???
120 for the whole can!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #1682
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
AL- This weekend I will be having wedding cake ( again) plus assorted beverages at my friends lavish wedding, plus I have a feeling that on Memorial Day there will be some poolside BBQ and drinks

Don't worry, I am definitely going to imbibe, and you are right, I can afford to right now...so my plan is to stay steady this week and then let a little loose this weekend with no worry, and the of course, steady again the week of the wedding....

-Tanya
you are a woman on a mission!! and got a good plan to even it all out!!

Im gonna get a lot loose on your weekend! Im actually off from work that week, and its been a long time since Al got out and partied when the rest of the world parties..
Old 05-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #1683
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
Tanya, I hear the emotional ups and downs you've been experiencing and I don't want to presume anything but I know right before my wedding, I was a roller coaster of emotion, lots of anxiety, sad one second, laughing and happy the next, etc. Most of my girlfriends went through this too. Honestly, I don't know how you can even write sentences. I was in knots in the weeks before I tied the knot! So, please be gentle with yourself!
She speaketh the truth!

I actually gained weight before my wedding. It was the first time I heard of Atkins, all my friends were doing it, so I tried in out and I was in heaven!!! Guess I shouldve stuck to my pretzel and diet coke lunch at the time. but thank goodness the dress still zipped!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #1684
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
My ideal diet would be lf proteins, low carb veg and fruit (mostly berries, with a few apples and maybe a banana thrown in every so often!) low fat natural yoghurt, some lf mozorella from time to time, then some healthy fats like salmon, avocado and flax etc. And then again every so often some oatbran!!
this sounds really good!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #1685
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al-----you better get posting quick!! I've actually passed you out!!! I talk waaaay too much!!! used to be on my junior school reports!!
I'll never catch up, blabbermouth!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #1686
Blabbermouth!!!

I bet CC would have us beat if she didnt do the fancy multi quotes!! lol
Old 05-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #1687
Blabbermouth!!!

So this morning it was yucky out, 60 degrees, I was chillin in my baggy sweatshirt.. Its 82 right now, probably 90 in the sun!! I am so not ready for this...
Old 05-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #1688
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I bet CC would have us beat if she didnt do the fancy multi quotes!! lol
True!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #1689
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So this morning it was yucky out, 60 degrees, I was chillin in my baggy sweatshirt.. Its 82 right now, probably 90 in the sun!! I am so not ready for this...
Here too!! Well not at the mo, obviously! It's 22:35! And I know the feeling-can't go around with cardis in 82degrees!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #1690
Big Yapper!!!!

There's just so much effort involved in Summer--fake tan, sunscreen, painting of toenails, hair removal----it's practically a full-time job!!!............roll on Winter!!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #1691
Big Yapper!!!!

I stink of hair dye--I'm gonna have to wash my hair in the morning again
Old 05-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #1692
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
this sounds really good!!!!
In theory yes!!!! In practice hmmmm!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #1693
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and I def didn't mean my ideal diet as in the one that'd be my favourite or anything, just the one I think is healthy.......nooooooooo my fav diet woukd be something like Nutella crepes or Choc croissants for breakfast, Dairy Milk and a couple of chocolate brownies for lunch, a snack of a Magnum ice cream, dinner of hmmm maybe more Nutella crepes, some hazelnut chocolate, with a Cadbury's Creme Egg McFlurry for desert, and a nitecap of Maltesers hot chocolate with melting Maltesers floating in it!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #1694
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
All this tuna and egg talk..You girls sure love to talk about those two items
Let's face it..It is a staple when shopping at the store...With me, I tried to read the posts for the last few months to see which portion sizes of tuna you consume...I usually get the large can of Starkist..It is 50 calories, 0.5g fat,0 carbs (of course) per serving...I eat the whole can when I am having my tuna days per meal. That is 5 servings and 250 calories....Well, that is not the whole truth. I usually cut up 1 egg and divide the mixture into two servings...I've never bought the pouches because I am a spend thrift and still look at prices of things like I am still in college/med school when money was tight and loans were my only source of income besides my mommy...Sometimes over at Target you can get them for $1.69 or something like that a can which I think is cheaper quantity wise than the small cans or the pouches...

AkaGal, I vacilate between egg substitute and real eggs all the time...It depends on if I want to spend the money on the egg substitute or just get the 18 carton..$1.89 vs $4.99(lg carton)...Sometimes, I can justify it in my mind...

Maintenance....The topic du jour...I think everyone is dwelling on it way too much...I agree with Al that it is great that we are all sort of close to goal so we will be able to share experiences, but what works for you may not work for another...I think my option in the short run which I hope will eventually lead to a stable maintenance transition is adding things that I like one at a time at small quantities and watching the scale...I was speaking to my sister about this the other day...I think my favorite things are cheeses, creams and veggies..There is something to be said about slowing introducing things...An example of this I can see with a mildly depressed patient..If they describe feelings according to our check list of depression, I start them on a small dose and observe for a few weeks to see their progress..If they need more, I'll increase the dosage, if they are doing better, there is no need to increase...I'll figure out how much I can sustain of cream first for a few days by checking on the scale...After a few days I'll add cheese in moderation and so forth..Now if there is an increase in the scale then I know I need to pull back on a few of the quantities of the items and not the item all together..It is trail and error...We are getting to hung up on this....We all are thinking about it, but it is is consuming too much of our time...

I'm not finished with my thought, but my sister is coming over and I we are going out for 'a sister talk'...We do this often...I'll talk with ya'll later...Take care...
Old 05-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #1695
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh and I def didn't mean my ideal diet as in the one that'd be my favourite or anything, just the one I think is healthy.......nooooooooo my fav diet woukd be something like Nutella crepes or Choc croissants for breakfast, Dairy Milk and a couple of chocolate brownies for lunch, a snack of a Magnum ice cream, dinner of hmmm maybe more Nutella crepes, some hazelnut chocolate, with a Cadbury's Creme Egg McFlurry for desert, and a nitecap of Maltesers hot chocolate with melting Maltesers floating in it!!!
thanks a lot. I needed to come back and read this after I just finished a bowl of scrambled egg tuna!!!

mine would be, quesadillas w/ extra cheese and sour cream for breakfast, with a margarita. Then a huge grilled chicken salad with all the fixins, extra cheese smothered in dressing, and a few shots of patron for lunch. Some nachos for a snack, with another margarita. Dinner would be pizza with extra cheese and a couple glasses of cab. dessert.... hmmm... something simple.. just a bag of sour cream and onion chips... with a stoli cranberry.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #1696
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
I just got back after my little chat with my sister...I lost my train of thought and had to re-read what I wrote....Too much work to continue...I will say this...

Moderation This lifestyle requires strictness and moderation in adding things that we enjoy...Look, food is suppose to be enjoyed at some level, at least every once in awhile...If live to be 80, I don't want to be 135lbs and sucking down some tuna....That's insane...I want to have maintained for a long time and enjoying my golden years...I don't want to be worrying about all this stuff that we have ruminating in our minds over and over again...

And, I'm gonna call you out right now..If we are still in contact in 20 or 30 years time, I don't want to hear about fitting in the smallest size at the store GT..or eating 500 or 600 calories...You deserve such a better life than obsessing about what you look like...You are a beautiful girl and you deserve to be happy with your body AS IS...You know you have been down a very challenging path to get to where you are, and I would hate for you to still be occupied with this..Please promise me that you will start to embrace your body and love it?..You know you want to and if you aren't in 10 years, I'm sending you a ticket to see me and we can start the sessions for free!!!!

I'm direct and blunt and care about you and what is going on in your head about this...It is more than what you are speaking about on this site..You have alot of 'unpacking' to do...Don't take it as if I'm being spiteful to you...You are the one that I am MOST concerned about...........

On another note..I'm reading your meals 'if you could eat like you want to' and a mix of them would be great Al and GT...I would of course cut out the alcohol and add cheetos and an array of Indian, French, Moroccan, Ethiopian, Eritrean, Uzbekistani, Japanese and Mexican food..If I could hit all of those, life would be good...

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 05-24-2011 at 04:43 PM..
Old 05-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #1697
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Psych( as in psychiatrist)- we are fortunate to have you here

Some experienced voice of reason

I've got some thinking to do myself

It's hard , fighting this fight , it's like a trap
Old 05-24-2011, 04:53 PM   #1698
Senior LCF Member

I had too much food ( stillmans but too much )

My fiancé told me I could not work out today because I worked out yesterday

I told him I do 4 days per week like we agreed but it's up to me when and what date I do them

I reminded him that I work this weekend so I'll get no gym time

He said he Didnt care and that I wasn't going today

I didn't argue back cause things have been touchy since the wedding fiasco
I don't Want to wreak more havoc , I've been doing a lot of that lately

So now im burdened with angst

I've eaten more food and fats to account for a workout that won't happen

And he cooked dinner to be sure I didn't try to not eat to " make up " for the workout !
Hmm he knows me well

Oh well I've eaten , nothing I can do now , tommorow is my scheduled midweek weigh ( trying to do only 3 weighs per week)
Lord knows what that will say

I had an idea , it's sneaky but I could go to the mall and shop and maybe squeeze in a power walk ?!

Yeah right ' I'm on house arrest

Well if I don't pull this together that Cake will not be on my menu this Saturday !

I get really upset when I make a plan and it goes awry.

Oh well
Old 05-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #1699
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
thanks a lot. I needed to come back and read this after I just finished a bowl of scrambled egg tuna!!!

mine would be, quesadillas w/ extra cheese and sour cream for breakfast, with a margarita. Then a huge grilled chicken salad with all the fixins, extra cheese smothered in dressing, and a few shots of patron for lunch. Some nachos for a snack, with another margarita. Dinner would be pizza with extra cheese and a couple glasses of cab. dessert.... hmmm... something simple.. just a bag of sour cream and onion chips... with a stoli cranberry.
If I could Eat my ideal menu , this is it :

Breakfast :
Oatmeal with cinnamon
1 banana

Snack:
1/2 blueberry muffin

Lunch:
Brisket tacos withs guacamole , sour cream , cheese , tomatoes
Chips and salsa
Dr pepper

Dinner :
2 slices meat lovers pizza

Dessert
1 cinnamon roll with creamy frosting

And this my friends is why I have weight control problems!!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #1700
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Aleriaaa, omg you are only 8 lbs away from goal!!! So happy for you!
Also I see that everyone seems to be really jealous of the skinnies, which is of course understandable. But the truth is that they could be intentionally keeping their calories really low in order to keep their figures, even if they don't admit to it. I mean, you don't really want to say this on television and get attacked for being anorexic, do you? In the culture where I'm from, thinness is extremely important, because even though being overweight is extremely rare, people look up to these celebrities who are really, really thin and constantly on diets to get even thinner. Something like 5'6 and 90 lbs. Here in the US, we have a lot of celebrities that I think are at healthy weights, neither anorexic nor overweight. Even the actresses on gossip girl seem to have healthy bodies in comparison to the actresses from where I come from. A lot of girls and women, even though they say its just for health, really do diet for life because its not socially acceptable to be fat. Does this make everyone feel less jealous?
And I have to try that buffalo sauce...sounds yummy!
And I'm really jealous now because you all are so close to your goals, whereas, I'm still 31 lbs short of goal.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #1701
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
Aleriaaa, omg you are only 8 lbs away from goal!!! So happy for you!
Also I see that everyone seems to be really jealous of the skinnies, which is of course understandable. But the truth is that they could be intentionally keeping their calories really low in order to keep their figures, even if they don't admit to it. I mean, you don't really want to say this on television and get attacked for being anorexic, do you? In the culture where I'm from, thinness is extremely important, because even though being overweight is extremely rare, people look up to these celebrities who are really, really thin and constantly on diets to get even thinner. Something like 5'6 and 90 lbs. Here in the US, we have a lot of celebrities that I think are at healthy weights, neither anorexic nor overweight. Even the actresses on gossip girl seem to have healthy bodies in comparison to the actresses from where I come from. A lot of girls and women, even though they say its just for health, really do diet for life because its not socially acceptable to be fat. Does this make everyone feel less jealous?
And I have to try that buffalo sauce...sounds yummy!
And I'm really jealous now because you all are so close to your goals, whereas, I'm still 31 lbs short of goal.
Pure

No need to be jealous, just know that the trouble and anxiety really kicks in closer that you get to goal, so being 31 lbs isnt the worst thing in the world. QWL goes so fast its like one day you are far from goal and then in a few weeks, you are literally AT goal
Dont worry, that 31 lbs is going to go away so fast , your head will spin

Stay strong Pure

I am not jealous of the superskinnies. I prefer a more athletic look.
Everyone has their view of what is skinny and too skinny, as I am finding out these days.. a person thinks they look fine and everyone else has other thoughts.

it would be great if we could just put on blinders and focus on our own goal, but thats not possible,plus how could we help each other!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #1702
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I didn't stay on Stillmans today like I planned. I did 58 minutes of Zumbathon in the morning and then it was cleaning cabinets, shelfs, cooking, more cleaning and fixing suitcases that I needed more food. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back on plan. Come on 197!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #1703
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
I resolve to not look at food porn any more. It's just stimulating my cravings! I had the hardest time ever trying not to cheat with bananas and strawberries today.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #1704
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

your'e the complete opposite of me!!! Yours is so savoury!! Min's a sugar rush!! I'll share some of your sour cream and onion chips though!!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 05-25-2011 at 12:29 AM..
Old 05-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #1705
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
...If live to be 80, I don't want to be 135lbs and sucking down some tuna....
oh the thought!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #1706
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

It's hard , fighting this fight , it's like a trap
it is!!!!! We gotta get out!!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:06 AM   #1707
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I had an idea , it's sneaky but I could go to the mall and shop and maybe squeeze in a power walk ?!

Yeah right ' I'm on house arrest

Well if I don't pull this together that Cake will not be on my menu this Saturday !

Oh well
Ouch! He's like the diet police!!!! you could go to the mall and try on loads of clothes--I read it burns up to 600cals in an hour!!! That's why all the skinny bees are in the H&M changing rooms for hours!!!
And regardless, ya gotta eat the cake!! It's your friends wedding!!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 05-25-2011 at 12:30 AM..
Old 05-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #1708
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
If I could Eat my ideal menu , this is it :

Breakfast :
Oatmeal with cinnamon
1 banana

Snack:
1/2 blueberry muffin

Lunch:
Brisket tacos withs guacamole , sour cream , cheese , tomatoes
Chips and salsa
Dr pepper

Dinner :
2 slices meat lovers pizza

Dessert
1 cinnamon roll with creamy frosting

And this my friends is why I have weight control problems!!
i loooove oatmeal!!! With frozen blueberries melted in so it goes all purpley and stripey!!!
And what's with the half a muffin?? I'd gobble it all up!! Or a chocolate one heated up, wirh melting ice cream on top!! Mmmm!!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #1709
Big Yapper!!!!

Pure--you are so right about the skinnies. They do keep their weight down. They love being that thin! At the end when they've put weight on--they're all like oh wow 4lbs, i didn't think it was that much with a big fake grin, and you just know they're gonna lose that quick smart!!!
Where are you from??? Wow he pressure to be thin must be awful. I mean at my height 90lbs?? Wow!! And I think American celebs are really thin!!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:17 AM   #1710
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I didn't stay on Stillmans today like I planned. I did 58 minutes of Zumbathon in the morning and then it was cleaning cabinets, shelfs, cooking, more cleaning and fixing suitcases that I needed more food. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back on plan. Come on 197!!!
Yay on the Zumba!!
Closed Thread