Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 08:39 AM   #1651
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
so unless you eat Madeiras of veggies, you won't really replenish all that glyceron.
Ok this predictive text thing has def gotta go!!! That was meant to be mounds of veggies!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #1652
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Cool! Our cans our 150grm with varying cals of 105-120 per 100grm. Obviously I get the 105 one!!
We have pouches too, but they're just so expensive!! I hate tuna (well it's a love hate relationship!!) so I buy the cheapest I can find!!
But if I make salad niçoise at home(Ireland, home) for people then I get the good Stuff--and there is a big difference in taste!
GT

At my local grocery, the pouches are $1 each. So buy 10 at a time, for just 10 dollars..
I wonder why they over charge just because its in the pouch instead of the can?
weird

-T
Old 05-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #1653
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
Thank you - That's great info GT. You are a wealth of information! And, I kinda of feel like Linus with his security blanket when it comes to Stillman's. Truly, I want to stay in the Stillman Bubble too - it's cozy in here. Do you think it's possible to have a maintenance diet where you just relax and eat what you want on the weekends - NOT BINGE - but relax, maybe purposely eat carbs like rice, potatos, etc, and then go back to Stillman's Monday thru Friday? I wonder if anyones had success with that? Just a thought. - Viv
tis cozy!!!! And yes, yes, yes, it is possible according to Dukan--he has treat meals!! For the first part of maintenance it's one a week, then it's 2!!
You should really get the book. It's good! Way better than Stills-I mean let's face it, his could have been a page----eat only my list until you get to goal--then do calorie counting maintenance!!
I think too, Dukan's idea of Protein Thursday is a stoke of genius! It's basically eat pure protein one day a week for life!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #1654
Big Yapper!!!!

I think realistically Stabilisation phase will be my maintenance. His Consolidation is really just calorie counting with the pure protein day.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #1655
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
GT

At my local grocery, the pouches are $1 each. So buy 10 at a time, for just 10 dollars..
weird

-T
It's because only John West makes pouches. So there are no generic or store brand pouches, just cans!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #1656
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Ok this predictive text thing has def gotta go!!! That was meant to be mounds of veggies!!
when I read it, I was thinking..that GT is so cute, but I never know what shes talkin bout.. I wanted to brush up on my irish!

hubby left his ipad here today. I never tried it.. maybe later..
Old 05-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #1657
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok weirdy predictive thing is gone!!! Now ye'll just have to put up with my bad typing!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #1658
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
when I read it, I was thinking..that GT is so cute, but I never know what shes talkin bout.. I wanted to brush up on my irish!

hubby left his ipad here today. I never tried it.. maybe later..
i didn't even know what that word was!!

Oh quick get on the iPad---you'll never use a laptop again!!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #1659
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Al-I'm watching your success...See, I knew you would get off that cottage cheese tomato thing that you concocted the other week...I had no idea why you did that, but I think it actually kick started what you are seeing now which is fantastic...You are almost there ..
About my schedule---I usually work 6-7 or 8 every day except every 3rd day where I am there until the following day in the mid morning or afternoon depending on circumstances....Yes, all hospitals have some sort of lounge for doctors only..The more elaborate the hospital, the better the facilities...There is a separation in sleeping arrangements for residents (the training period after medical school where you learn your specialty) and attendings (doctors that work on their own and are finished with residency)...Yes, there is everything for us: fridges, microwaves, pool tables, tvs, ping pong, etc..like a club med but for docs who stay over..I usually get at least 1 day off each week where I sleep and catch up on errands that need to be done...I thought I would be stressed, but I'm not...I love this life and I wouldn't trade it for the world...

I have this day off today, so I'll probably check in more today than most days..You all have a great day...

I have the day off, so I'll probably be around a little today...
I have no idea why I did it either, but at the time it seemed good. I really did want to see what would happen though with the ketchup, but I was having too much trouble giving up the cream. So I will never know what could've been. wont be doing that again anytime soon. Actually, I will. Im gonna be at goal in 2 weeks. i sweared! Stay Slim eating, here I come!!

and thanks for explaining! Very glad you have a nice little set up over there. cause those are some tough hours! Enjoy your day off!!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #1660
Big Yapper!!!!

Read it on another thread! Funny!

13 Things PMS Stands For:

1. Pass My Shotgun

2. Psychotic Mood Shift

3. Perpetual Munching Spree

4. Puffy Mid-Section

5. People Make me Sick

6. Provide Me Sweets

7. Pardon My Sobbing

8. Pimples May Surface

9. Pass My Sweatpants

10. Pi$$y Mood Syndrome

11. Plainly, Men Suck

12. Pack My Stuff

And my favorite one :

13. Potential Murder Suspect
Old 05-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #1661
Big Yapper!!!!

Club Med for Docs!!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #1662
Big Yapper!!!!

Going to work out! BBL!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #1663
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
AL-

Its great timing that you mentioned this because I felt this way after the way Pizza Place. Had I not been on this diet, yes, it most likely would have been a real party. I would have had a margarita, and a few slices of pizza and we would probably have taken shots late into the night.
When I left I just felt like a huge chunk of my personality was gone and left on the table. One of my friends leaned over and said " how long until you can drink again, you suck dude!"...hahaha nice....

I have ebbs and flows, but last night I kind of felt like I was hit with a brick
I was standing in front of the mirror and seeing a slim person yet I had the saddest face you have ever seen. I think I was just tired and grumpy and the last few days have been bad ( especially since the fiasco at the wedding), I just feel like I want to crawl into a hole, get skinny and then come out and keep living life.

I know thats not how it works but it is what it is..

-T
This isnt the best advice but heck your dress is too big anyway so why not share in some spirits. Unless you dont really want it and can do without. (I cant, Ill admit it) I have still gotten results when following the meat plan, and still got my drink on too. Those are the kinds of splurges I have trouble saying no to. You are at goal girl. you made it! These are the times of your life. Enjoy it!! It sucks that you were feelin good about yourself and they had to say those things about you at the wedding and ruin it, but dont let them win. Keep your chin up and live each day to the fullest! and get lots of rest! Im sure thats why I acted out last night. I was damn tired.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:52 AM   #1664
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
For example, with all the good things going on in my life right now, I should be on cloud 9, but if my weight isnt where I want it, I get a bit of a dark cloud over me.

I am basically at high school weight and I still allow my eyes to wander ..just this morning while walking to work from the train station, there were two women walking in front of me, both very very slim, and I instantly started wondering if I looked like them, or maybe I could stand to tone up here or there, i noticed that one had a lunch bag with a can of soup and a Lean Cuisine meal..and I started thinking, wow, I would love to eat a Lean Cuisine meal! LOL...seriously? cant I just walk from the train to my job and think about regular, normal people stuff, like what reports I have due, or when my first conference call will be?

Thats is such a frustration for me... I am hoping it all just goes away

-T
I suffer from this type of thinking too! mmmm Lean cuisine!!!! Yes, we have issues, but at least we're not alone!!!

and for those that saw the superskinny show, Ive been thinking, I would love to eat what drops down that tube. How can she eat all that and still be too skinny??!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #1665
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
AL

one thing I must say is that my appetite is getting really low
I eat far less but in my mind I am not thinking thats its "Far less" Because I get full.
my appetite is really low and I think I get full fast because the plain way is too plain to even bother with it. I just took a few bites of my egg/tuna mix and phew! Im full. Its cause i cant stand another bite right now. But I'll force myself to eat it because I know I should. I gotta get this energy up! but looking at that bowl next to me...I could easily just not eat at all right now. ugh..
Old 05-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #1666
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I'm just not sure what to do and as I get closer to my personal goal - I feel a little desperate, I just want to get there and then worry about the maintenance then. But is that foolish, by restricting my calories tooo much, will maint be one big struggle. I don't want dieting to consume my life, I'd like to find balance and move on. I would love it if someone here - I'm talking to you Tanya, Al, somebody - would figure it all out.
Im actually really excited that a bunch of us are so close to goal. We will be able to figure this all out together. my mind changes with the wind as to what I will do when I hit 115, but it will be so nice to reach it again, and try different things, yet remain in control. I will do this right, this time, whatever it takes. We should all try something different. Like T does Stay Slim, You and Beth do Dukan, GT does Inches Off, maybe I'll stick to my ribeyes like the good ole days and Psych can join me..CC does a body good with her way. I always wanted to follow her footsteps...

I want to give stay Slim a shot but I have great fear of overdoing it and becoming calorie counting crazy. I have never counted them before, and i really dont want to, but I could mimic someone elses meals easy enough if they were posting them. Im also very scared of the cravings coming back and the , "Im at goal so I can afford to eat this and that" thinking. I said it wouldnt happen the last time and it did. I am going to have to be very careful when I start adding everything back. I am gonna need more help and support than I ever needed before.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #1667
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
GT-
My tuna pouches are only 80 calories each, and I normally eat 1 or 2, so thats only 160 calories for the tuna, for the most part
I rarely seen cans of tuna in US for more than 80 or 90 calories per can
-Tanya
my bumblebee solid white albacore has 60 cals, but 2 servings. (5 oz can)

I used to eat the family pouch! I wanna say it was 11 oz..

OK. I can get the hang of this calorie counting..

it also has 2 grams of fat for the whole can... I never even noticed!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #1668
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
GT

weird

-T
I hate that the pouches are more $$$. I pay $8 for 4, 5oz pouches when I go to the warehouse. They are like $2.99 each in the grocery store.

My cans are like $1.30 - $1.59.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #1669
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ok weirdy predictive thing is gone!!! Now ye'll just have to put up with my bad typing!!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #1670
Blabbermouth!!!

Im heading off now to give everyone else a chance to post!! Enjoy your meat everyone, I mean your day!! LOL
Old 05-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #1671
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
This isnt the best advice but heck your dress is too big anyway so why not share in some spirits. Unless you dont really want it and can do without. (I cant, Ill admit it) I have still gotten results when following the meat plan, and still got my drink on too. Those are the kinds of splurges I have trouble saying no to. You are at goal girl. you made it! These are the times of your life. Enjoy it!! It sucks that you were feelin good about yourself and they had to say those things about you at the wedding and ruin it, but dont let them win. Keep your chin up and live each day to the fullest! and get lots of rest! Im sure thats why I acted out last night. I was damn tired.
AL- This weekend I will be having wedding cake ( again) plus assorted beverages at my friends lavish wedding, plus I have a feeling that on Memorial Day there will be some poolside BBQ and drinks

Don't worry, I am definitely going to imbibe, and you are right, I can afford to right now...so my plan is to stay steady this week and then let a little loose this weekend with no worry, and the of course, steady again the week of the wedding....

-Tanya
Old 05-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #1672
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

and for those that saw the superskinny show, Ive been thinking, I would love to eat what drops down that tube. How can she eat all that and still be too skinny??!!!
there's a new ep on TV tonite so I shall be tuning in!!!! And giving the skinnies filthy looks.........and licking my lips at the supersizers' food!!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 05-24-2011 at 11:30 AM..
Old 05-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #1673
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
my bumblebee solid white albacore has 60 cals, but 2 servings. (5 oz can)

I used to eat the family pouch! I wanna say it was 11 oz..

OK. I can get the hang of this calorie counting..

it also has 2 grams of fat for the whole can... I never even noticed!
Your tuna only has 60cals??? No fair! Mine's double!! Or you mean a serving?? Mine says thete's 2servings too-like who'd eat half a can???
Old 05-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #1674
Big Yapper!!!!

Actually------a superskinny!!! That's who!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #1675
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
Im actually really excited that a bunch of us are so close to goal. We will be able to figure this all out together. my mind changes with the wind as to what I will do when I hit 115, but it will be so nice to reach it again, and try different things, yet remain in control. I will do this right, this time, whatever it takes. We should all try something different. Like T does Stay Slim, You and Beth do Dukan, GT does Inches Off, maybe I'll stick to my ribeyes like the good ole days and Psych can join me..CC does a body good with her way. I always wanted to follow her footsteps...

I want to give stay Slim a shot but I have great fear of overdoing it and becoming calorie counting crazy. I have never counted them before, and i really dont want to, but I could mimic someone elses meals easy enough if they were posting them. Im also very scared of the cravings coming back and the , "Im at goal so I can afford to eat this and that" thinking. I said it wouldnt happen the last time and it did. I am going to have to be very careful when I start adding everything back. I am gonna need more help and support than I ever needed before.
I think whatever I do has to be mostly low carb, if there is such a thing as a carb addict, I'm it. I feel much more level on a low carb diet. CC - I think you have explored the Paleo WOE. Are you doing it now? Do you only eat grass fed/organic? That seems to be a big part of it and it appeals to me tremendously. I've been listening to this podcast called Primal Mind, Primal Body - it's a paleo point of view and it makes a lot of sense to me. But, I'm still researching. Maybe I should stop worrying about maintenance until I get a little closer to my goal - don't want to jinx anything!

Tanya, I hear the emotional ups and downs you've been experiencing and I don't want to presume anything but I know right before my wedding, I was a roller coaster of emotion, lots of anxiety, sad one second, laughing and happy the next, etc. Most of my girlfriends went through this too. Honestly, I don't know how you can even write sentences. I was in knots in the weeks before I tied the knot! So, please be gentle with yourself!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #1676
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok just finishing dinner!!
B:HB egg(threw away the yolk-that kills me cos it's the nicest bit!) 80 cals
L: can of tuna 150grms. 166 cals
D: another can of tuna. 166 cals

So total 412 plus the skimmed milk in tea and the mustard. And 2pcs sf gum. Yup, pretty low!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #1677
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
Actually------a superskinny!!! That's who!!!!
what is this superskinny/supersize? Must check this out, sounds right up my alley!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #1678
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah Viv, I've been looking at Paleo! I def think it's extremely healthy, i mean I bet there wasn't all these diseases way back when!! I would do it with dairy though! Lol! I can live without cheese but I love yoghurt!!
Whatever mine will be Paleo or Dukan, or most likely a mix---it will be only natural food, no (or very few!) AS and no Frankenfoods or things likes sausages with loads of preservatives etc.
My ideal diet would be lf proteins, low carb veg and fruit (mostly berries, with a few apples and maybe a banana thrown in every so often!) low fat natural yoghurt, some lf mozorella from time to time, then some healthy fats like salmon, avocado and flax etc. And then again every so often some oatbran!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #1679
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
what is this superskinny/supersize? Must check this out, sounds right up my alley!
Oh do! It's a great programme! It's on C4in the UK--and Irl gets all the British channels--and here I use a Slingbox to get TV from home----but you can get most of the episodes on You Tube!!
The tube is the best bit!!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #1680
Big Yapper!!!!

Al-----you better get posting quick!! I've actually passed you out!!! I talk waaaay too much!!! used to be on my junior school reports!!
Closed Thread