Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 07:10 AM   #1621
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
T!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! i was a major CRANK yesterday but because I came here and let it all out,(sorry for that girlies) I survived!!!

Im realizing that, well, I guess Ive known all along, that if we want the results that Stillman promised, we really have to follow his plan. Even though Im close to goal, and I wanted to believe that was why I was losing so slow, its really not the case. Ive dragged Stills out for months and months and I really dont think I had to. you put your mind to it and got in done in a few weeks! Thats what Im doing now. the LEAN and CLEAN way!! and I lost another pound because of it!! But it is taking all the effort in the world, thats for sure!!!!!! Im feelin decent right now, but everyone should prepare for the CRANK to return tonight... My body hates low-fat diets.

So T, tell me, is it a maintain day or a QWL day?.. Im really looking forward to seeing how you do this!
AL

one thing I must say is that my appetite is getting really low
I eat far less but in my mind I am not thinking thats its "Far less" Because I get full.
ITs to the point where I dont drink water or anything until after my meal because it takes up too much room in my stomach.

I eat a lot of eggs, I will say that, and now I have moved on to egg substitute because its fat free so I can eat more and now worry on the yolk fat, etc etc.

When I moved from 139 to 137, I noticed It was heavy egg and tuna eating that helped moved down...( and some fajita steak!)

-T

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #1622
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post

Its hard to pull a disappearing act when a psychologist publicly states that you are clinically insane and acting like an idiot
I didn't diagnose you and I am not judging you..I make inferences based on facts and gathered information...By the way...If you are referring to me, I am not a psychologist...I went to medical school and am finishing residency, therefore, I am a psychiatrist....There is a difference

Answering questions:

BMF-I think for your road trip both pure and Akagal gave some good advice pertaining to food choices...Solid advice to go with steak, chicken breasts when at the restaurant...Pizza is always hard...When my sister takes my niece to a pizza place, I usually eat the top off after soaking up all the grease with napkins..So choose your meal wisely...You may eat more fat and slow your weight lose for a few days, after, but you should be fine...You have done well thus far

Beth Sch--Clean as it pertains to Stillman's is sticking to the plan of lean meat, herbs/spices and that is it...I didn't even add cream to my coffee and I didn't us a drop of mustard, even though that was difficult the first day...I don't eat cottage cheese or anything in that category like fage so that wasn't a concern...Just strict Stillman's..I haven't tried Dukan's, but I will probably read about it later when I think of it...I will probably start a mix of Stillman's and Atkin's in the weeks to come, because although I drink lots of water, my skin is drier than normal irregardless of my thyroid condition...So, perhaps with my multivit that I take, I might look for a vegetable pill over at the health food store...

GT--FLOTUS means first lady of the united states..same thing for POTUS...president of the united states...SOTUS means secretary of the the us(hillary clintin)...Yeah, I'm really into politics as it related to culture and environment not just in the us but other places as it relates to foreign policy...I'm a big policy wonk..I will spare everyone here and not discuss politics...I never do at work and I will keep it all to myself ..On another note, Carney Wilson was in that group with here sisters in the early 1990s and they sang that song 'Hold on"..If you saw Bridesmaids, they were one group on at the end and she was the very obese sister at about 300lbs and 5'2...As for SS vs SS, I feel empathy for those people...As a doctor, it is really hard for me to show that sympathy factor (I am not cold hearted) when people inflict these consequences on themselves...More sympathy comes from me when it involves the children which is why I don't involve myself in child psychiatry...I stayed clear of that specialty (Only adult/addiction/transplants/geriatrics)..Adolescents is too sad and depression, even for the stoic personality that I have...

Al-I'm watching your success...See, I knew you would get off that cottage cheese tomato thing that you concocted the other week...I had no idea why you did that, but I think it actually kick started what you are seeing now which is fantastic...You are almost there ..
About my schedule---I usually work 6-7 or 8 every day except every 3rd day where I am there until the following day in the mid morning or afternoon depending on circumstances....Yes, all hospitals have some sort of lounge for doctors only..The more elaborate the hospital, the better the facilities...There is a separation in sleeping arrangements for residents (the training period after medical school where you learn your specialty) and attendings (doctors that work on their own and are finished with residency)...Yes, there is everything for us: fridges, microwaves, pool tables, tvs, ping pong, etc..like a club med but for docs who stay over..I usually get at least 1 day off each week where I sleep and catch up on errands that need to be done...I thought I would be stressed, but I'm not...I love this life and I wouldn't trade it for the world...

I have this day off today, so I'll probably check in more today than most days..You all have a great day...

I have the day off, so I'll probably be around a little today...

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 05-24-2011 at 07:51 AM..
Old 05-24-2011, 07:13 AM   #1623
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I'd rather be skinny!!!! Cos.........being skinny makes me a very happy bunny!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:14 AM   #1624
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Do you feel like a different person on this diet? Like, that pizza place would have been a blast? I was so miserable too last night for no reason. I was not fun to be around, thats for sure. thats not me.. but hubby understands Im on a diet and just ignored me. It really wasnt fair to him though and Im gonna try to be happy tonight!! I cant even rememeber why I was so annoyed. I was exhausted though and it was only like 9PM. Im gonna try not to let this diet get in my way of having fun with friends and family!!! what good is being skinny and miserable..

hmmm..this is where my issues come in...Id rather be skinny..:blush: no.. Id rather be happy... no... How can I be both?!?!

rambling now...but a ribeye would help..
AL-

Its great timing that you mentioned this because I felt this way after the way Pizza Place. Had I not been on this diet, yes, it most likely would have been a real party. I would have had a margarita, and a few slices of pizza and we would probably have taken shots late into the night.
When I left I just felt like a huge chunk of my personality was gone and left on the table. One of my friends leaned over and said " how long until you can drink again, you suck dude!"...hahaha nice....

I have ebbs and flows, but last night I kind of felt like I was hit with a brick
I was standing in front of the mirror and seeing a slim person yet I had the saddest face you have ever seen. I think I was just tired and grumpy and the last few days have been bad ( especially since the fiasco at the wedding), I just feel like I want to crawl into a hole, get skinny and then come out and keep living life.

I know thats not how it works but it is what it is..

-T
Old 05-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #1625
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
I didn't diagnose you and I am not judging you..I make inferences based on facts and gathered information...By the way...If you are referring to me, I am not a psychologist...I went to medical school and am finishing residency, therefore, I am a psychiatrist....There is a difference
Yes you are right, I am sorry on the slip up
I should have known, I would get that wrong, I only see Psych in your code name, so i wasnt 100 % sure
sorry about that !
Old 05-24-2011, 07:32 AM   #1626
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I'd rather be skinny!!!! Cos.........being skinny makes me a very happy bunny!!!
Being skinny makes me happy too, GT, I wish I could laser in my mindset more on the positive like you do.

I am very strict so staying on plan is not my problem,neither is working out reguarly... but just keeping my thoughts clear and focused positively on the goal is a problem.
Some days, all I think about is how sad I am for myself because I cant eat this or eat that, and why this person can eat whatever and not gain, and blah blah, poor poor me.

I would give anything to get rid of that horrible way of thinking! I will try but I know it wont go away overnight gals.

For example, with all the good things going on in my life right now, I should be on cloud 9, but if my weight isnt where I want it, I get a bit of a dark cloud over me.

I am basically at high school weight and I still allow my eyes to wander ..just this morning while walking to work from the train station, there were two women walking in front of me, both very very slim, and I instantly started wondering if I looked like them, or maybe I could stand to tone up here or there, i noticed that one had a lunch bag with a can of soup and a Lean Cuisine meal..and I started thinking, wow, I would love to eat a Lean Cuisine meal! LOL...seriously? cant I just walk from the train to my job and think about regular, normal people stuff, like what reports I have due, or when my first conference call will be?

Thats is such a frustration for me... I am hoping it all just goes away

-T

Last edited by akagal20; 05-24-2011 at 07:33 AM..
Old 05-24-2011, 08:24 AM   #1627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
Michelle is soooo pretty, I love her style! She had 2 pretty dresses on and a mac(raincoat) which she needed cos boy was it wet and windy!! She's so tall too, I never realized that!
And what a warm welcome they received! So wonderful! Our First Lady is a stunner!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #1628
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Ladies, I have a challenging weekend coming up, diet-wise. This Thursday evening, I am making a 6 hour road trip to attend a small workshop that will go this Friday-Sunday. I will have a friend riding with me, and then we will be staying in another person's home.

The hostess is graciously providing breakfast, some lunches, and there will be pizza for dinner at least one night. Breakfast is going to be an assortment of baked goods from Panera ; lunch will be bread, chips, veggies/dip, lunchmeat/cheese, etc. We will probably go out to eat at least once, probably more, during the weekend. I'm kinda freaking out about WTH I'm going to eat. I can skip breakfast as long as there's coffee, but lunch and dinner, especially when everyone else is having pizza or we're at a restaurant...I think it's going to be tough.

I don't know the hostess, or anyone other than the friend I'm going with, and I really don't like discussing my diet with ANYONE (other than here). I don't want it to be an issue, and I don't want to be conspicuous. I think there's no way around the fact that I'm going to have to bring my own food, how can I do that and not draw attention? I may be overreacting, but I'm naturally an introvert and I prefer to go with the flow in group situations. Does anyone have any ideas for easy, cooler-friendly foods I can bring with me? I thought about those tuna pouches, but yech, they stink. HB eggs, I guess I can deal with. Maybe some individual FF Fage yogurts. Um...not sure what else. Any ideas? I am getting really anxious about this!
butterfly!!! Ignore all my complaining and rants. Its just me having a temper tantrum. Now, the important stuff... we have to put all our cares and concerns away and do whats best for us to lose this weight. QWL works and works fast. We really can lose 5 pounds a week. That is the miracle right there. Its good that you are thinking about this now and trying to come up with a plan!!

I say follow stills and get it done! Bring your meat/eggs/tuna in the cooler, stop at the store once your there. Dont feel weird or uncomfortable, and if you do, pretend you dont! If you were 100 pounds you wouldnt think twice about waht people thought. Its just in our genes to be worried what people think. You are on a diet and although it may be embarrassing, the reward of being at goal will make up for it down the "short" road!!! I promise you.

You can call ahead to let them know you will be bringing your own food and shopping for allowed items, so they can be prepared and not order too much of the other things. If you normally eat breakfast, then definitely dont skip it! That may set you up for a fall for lucnh or dinner. Just eat your meat/eggs, with a smile on your face! (even if its fake ) You will feel so much better if you get through this weekend, losing a couple pounds, than coming back here on Monday and starting over. Do this for you. you deserve it!

So just say, "Hey, everything looks wonderful, but Im trying out this new diet that has already got me losing lots of pounds fast. I appreciate the beautiful spread, but meat is working so well, i just can't mess it up right now, even though everything looks so delicious. I brought my grilled chicken, but would you mind if I used your stove to make some eggs?"

You can do this!

and the best part is, if you decide to partake in the panera and pizza, you can start up QWL again next week, and only be a week behind. However, I strongly suggest you stay strong and get through this, because each time it will get easier and easier. I have been there Butterfly, and I have conquered. Who cares if we are the crazy meat-eaters, right??
Old 05-24-2011, 08:30 AM   #1629
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I went off Stillmans yesterday and today. Yesterday because I was invited to a chinese and you know nothing is Stillmans there and today because I was shopping all day and cleaning all day. I cleaned the fridge, freezer and stove- inside and out! I'm going to be back on Stillmans tomorrow, hopefully! I'm leaving Friday for my vacation to Texas 4 days) then coming back home and going back on vacation again (1 1/2 months). I want everything clean and spotless so when I cone back I don't have to do anything!!
to you!!! Dont let anything stop you from getting back to the grind today. A lot of progress can be made in 4 days. Thats the QWL way!! You can do it!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #1630
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
So, my q is this, when you all say "you're eating CLEAN, does that mean you're watching cals as well? I really don't think I could lower them without eating the legs off my dinning room set... I eat ONLY when I'm hungry and I usually eat all lean protein. Been having the diet soda but no where near the TEN that Stills allows, and certainly not a free for all as Dukan kinda states AS. I've even given up all eggs and opted for the carton stuff.

Al, how many cals is your "turkey slurry" you've been scarfin' of late.:u? How bout you Viv, can you kinda ball park it one day for me when you say, STRICK? Does that mean intentionally lowered cals.?
So Ive only been clean for 2 days.. but to me, that means smaller portions, artificial sweetners within reason, and lowest fat possible. I dont know how many calories Im eating, but they are probably low.

yesterday was 4 eggs, 2 cans of tuna, and 4 skinless chicken legs. No seasonings. and 2 sweet and lows, 2 CLs.

the day before was 4 eggs, 2 tuna, and 2 chicken breast. 2 s&l, 2 cl, 2 gum.

I couldve eaten more for fun, but I set my limit ahead of time and stuck to it.

Prior to the last 2 days, I was scarfing as much meat/eggs as I wanted, guzzling CL and adding cream in my coffee. But no more!!

How many calories am I eating, GT?? i hate math..
Old 05-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #1631
Big Yapper!!!!

Tanya, this is a fantastic time in your life-you should be on cloud 99999999!!!!!!! I'm sorry you're feeling down-I honestly didn't mean to make you feel bad. I was thinking of you in bed last night, you know, thinking that I had been really mean to you and it was unfair and that you had been so happy with your wedding plans, your Grad. etc. And then I had brought you down. I was glad when I saw your ring this morning!!
I'm not positive about the weight loss thing!!! I mean,it IS unfair that people can eat what they want and don't have to work out and still have perfect figures--yet let's face it, I eat practically nothing and workout like a mad woman and am still not as thin as them---yup, life sucks!!!! ........but thinking that way and dwelling on it is not gonna make me any thinner!!!
And I try to look at it this way---remember in high school when something would come naturally and easily to some people--they could just do something, they were good at it, and probably didn't work that hard at either, yet in something else they would work so hard and still never get good Grades, or others would work really hard and then get the same good grades, but it wouldn't have come naturally??? (hope that makes sense!) well I look at maintaining a good figure like that. Yeah I really have to work at it but I'll manage it!!!
And with regards to looking at other people?? Ha, I do it all the time!! It's seriously scary how much time I spend thinking about it. I compare myself constantly to other girls. I always think they're thinner than me. I stand at the changing rooms and check what size they're bringing in, and if it's bigger(which mostly it is, or the same size-basically our smallest sizes are 2s in some shops and 4s in most, and I MUST wear the smallest size-it's my (very screwed) mantra!)and I think how is that possible??
And you wanna know the craziest thing I have done???. I was in a store and there was a young girl trying on debs (prom) dresses. I said to my Mum find out what that size is. She's so much thinner than me. So she did(grudgingly!) it was a 4. Sooooooo what did I do??? Oh yeah went and got the dress just to try it on!!!! It fitted BTW!
And the going out with friends for food? It doesn't bother me anymore. As in, yeah I always worry that there'll be nothing 'safe' I can eat. But once I'm there and can have my salad with no dressing and my fizzy water, then I'm happy!, once I can control what I put into my mouth, I'm fine!! Oh yeah, I still look lovingly at the desert menu!! but if I eat anything like that it just makes me feel way too guilty and out of control, so it's not worth it!
For me, there's just no alternative. I feel if I go way off plan and eat somethig rubbishy then I won't ever be able to stop-or I'll throw it back up-and that losing control scares the hell out of me!
I have no answers, Tanya! I wish those thoughts would go away too. They take up way too much time! And definitely aren't healthy. But I really am of the opinion that they never will. I know that sounds pessimistic, but it's how I feel. I think the best we can do is keep them under control!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #1632
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Beth Sch;14675540]Welcome Home, T.

How bout you Viv, can you kinda ball park it one day for me when you say, STRICK? Does that mean intentionally lowered cals.? GT, I know you're a cal, retricted machine and workout like an Olymiad, so I'll count you out for a sec... "btw, I did that a few yrs back and it really hurt my metabolism... I hate to say anything like that as I just LOVE u to LIFE, but be careful, girlie, girl. I do think your slow loses are due to a bit of Starvation Mode. Just sayin' in love. But, that's just what happened to me, and I'm severly Hypothyroid and Insulin Resistent, so I may be a different animal altoghther... YMMV"

Beth, these are all my concerns too and I seriously don't know the answers. I've kept my calories between 800 - 900 (which is much better than the 500 calories daily I was doing for about 5 weeks near the beginning). I'm just not sure what to do and as I get closer to my personal goal - I feel a little desperate, I just want to get there and then worry about the maintenance then. But is that foolish, by restricting my calories tooo much, will maint be one big struggle. I don't want dieting to consume my life, I'd like to find balance and move on. I would love it if someone here - I'm talking to you Tanya, Al, somebody - would figure it all out. GT - I have the utmost respect for your incredible loss and maintaining that loss but I know a lifestyle of less than 700 calories a day with 2 - 3 hours of exercise is NOT doable for me, I couldn't do it, nor would I want to do it. I'm at a loss. I can't stay in the Stillman bubble forever. Although, I do think I was always use Stillman as a tool if I gain 5lbs or more on whatever maintenance program I end up with.

Beth, I'm fascinated by the Dukan diet now, I'm going to read more into it. Doesn't he say 1 day protein, next day all vegetables? And, wouldn't that take you out of ketosis?
Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #1633
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
And what a warm welcome they received! So wonderful! Our First Lady is a stunner!
She is!! I want her baby-faced cheeks!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #1634
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh and I never feel sorry for the Superskinnies-----just plain jealousy!!
the few shows i caught, it didnt take too long for the skinnys to start having a good time eating. the poor supersizes though....we know exactly how they feel everytime with sitting with someone at a meal.. us just staring, watching, wishing... poor us!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #1635
Big Yapper!!!!

I just couldn't do that though, I couldn't tell people I didn't know that I was on a diet!!! I still say eat up privately and then go down the tummy bug route!! Or I def liked the intolerances!! That's really good!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #1636
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Beth and Psych--my cals are no where near 1000-1300 , more like 500-700. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong! He! Dunno how you can get them that high--eugh that would be too much tuna!!!!
I could def get them up on ground beef--yummmmmmmm!!! But then when I have engaged in beef eating, I've gained!!! ha!!
Beth- do you know some techniques to help GT get her metabolism goin again? you read a lot, and are so good at explaining it!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #1637
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Where's Mar gone??? Check in girl!!!
I agree!! Come back quick!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #1638
Senior LCF Member

Al, I do not recommend eating cottage cheese plain, truly awful, I had to chug down a diet soda just to get through it! But, just one diet soda, not the 5 - 6 I was chugging down before I hopped on the Plain Train! I'm going to keep it up for 3 weeks and then re-assess. - viv

Plain Tuna and Hardboiled eggs, these are my friends now!!

So, SillyErin has become my new guru. I wonder where she is now, she seemed to have it down. Her main point - Stillman's isn't a long drawn out process, it's not a lifestyle, it's a short cut to weight loss.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #1639
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hey Al!! I see your green light on! drinking tea and eating tuna! dyeing my roots too!! I know ya always want to know these things!!
ah. Im slowly catching up to real time!

I'll be back in an hour to catch up with the rest.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #1640
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
yesterday was 4 eggs, 2 cans of tuna, and 4 skinless chicken legs. No seasonings. and 2 sweet and lows, 2 CLs.

the day before was 4 eggs, 2 tuna, and 2 chicken breast. 2 s&l, 2 cl, 2 gum.

How many calories am I eating, GT?? i hate math..
Ha! I was the one who worked hard at Maths and still got crap grades!!! (languages came easy!) however I do like to count cals!!

Ok 2eggs---160
2tuna(is that can 150grams, ours are. Circa 5oz) 335cals
2chick breast (circa 150grms each) 380
So roughly 870????
Old 05-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #1641
Big Yapper!!!!

Viv-I do it cos I think there's really no other way for me. I do really intend to stay in the Still bubble!! Well more the Dukan bubble!! His Cruise phase!! Eating the veg won't kick you out too much of ketosis--if you're not that insulin resistant. Your glycerin stores are already depleted from the pure protein week or whatever, and then it's in rotation that you eat the veggies. so unless you eat Madeiras of veggies, you won't really replenish all that glyceron. I think he has this Cruise phase because it's a lot easier to stick to QWL, plus personally for maintenance I think it's great! Let's face it nobody got fat eating lean proteins and veg!!
Also it stops you eating so much protein cos the veg fills you up too. Because if you eat far too much protein your body converts that to sugar!!
He says that when you start to eat the veg you will gain a bit--but that is purely water weight from the water and fibre content of the veg. Which really when you think about it, is no bad thing, we should be hydrated!
Low GI veg will have minimal effect on your insulin response so will keep your hunger down and your fat burning mode on!!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #1642
Senior LCF Member

[quote=vivibee;14676454]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Welcome Home, T.

How bout you Viv, can you kinda ball park it one day for me when you say, STRICK? Does that mean intentionally lowered cals.? GT, I know you're a cal, retricted machine and workout like an Olymiad, so I'll count you out for a sec... "btw, I did that a few yrs back and it really hurt my metabolism... I hate to say anything like that as I just LOVE u to LIFE, but be careful, girlie, girl. I do think your slow loses are due to a bit of Starvation Mode. Just sayin' in love. But, that's just what happened to me, and I'm severly Hypothyroid and Insulin Resistent, so I may be a different animal altoghther... YMMV"

Beth, these are all my concerns too and I seriously don't know the answers. I've kept my calories between 800 - 900 (which is much better than the 500 calories daily I was doing for about 5 weeks near the beginning). I'm just not sure what to do and as I get closer to my personal goal - I feel a little desperate, I just want to get there and then worry about the maintenance then. But is that foolish, by restricting my calories tooo much, will maint be one big struggle. I don't want dieting to consume my life, I'd like to find balance and move on. I would love it if someone here - I'm talking to you Tanya, Al, somebody - would figure it all out. GT - I have the utmost respect for your incredible loss and maintaining that loss but I know a lifestyle of less than 700 calories a day with 2 - 3 hours of exercise is NOT doable for me, I couldn't do it, nor would I want to do it. I'm at a loss. I can't stay in the Stillman bubble forever. Although, I do think I was always use Stillman as a tool if I gain 5lbs or more on whatever maintenance program I end up with.

Beth, I'm fascinated by the Dukan diet now, I'm going to read more into it. Doesn't he say 1 day protein, next day all vegetables? And, wouldn't that take you out of ketosis?
ViviBee-

After my wedding, I am going to dibble and dabble into maintenance programs.
AS I said before, my goal is to be a guinea pig of sorts for you guys. I am basically at goal.
My fiance has requested that I go up 5 to 10lbs first and then maintain. we both agreed that 145 is a respectable and acceptable, lifestyle weight. So this gives me some wiggle room! ( after the wedding and honeymoon, of course)
So dont fret Vivbee, I have already agreed to take the PLUNGE
Just hang on with me for a bit, until I get the courage after my wedding, to open up my diet.
What I will promise to do is food journal ( again) and track calories very closely, and I can come to the boards and show my weight gains or losses, or hopefully, show a stabilization, and then you guys can mimic my plan... Also it seems like Beth has a fairly decent handle on all this stuff too, so I am going to look to her for guidance , menus, maintenance ideas including some things from Dukan and Atkins!

-T

Last edited by akagal20; 05-24-2011 at 09:07 AM..
Old 05-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #1643
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Beth- do you know some techniques to help GT get her metabolism goin again? you read a lot, and are so good at explaining it!
Yeah def tell me!!! Up cals really slowly or something so it's not a shock to the system??!!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #1644
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
it's a short cut to weight loss.
which was the good old Doc's philosophy!!! Why are we dragging it out peeps!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #1645
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
ah. Im slowly catching up to real time!

I'll be back in an hour to catch up with the rest.
Byeeee!! And BTW I'm looking slightly orange
Old 05-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #1646
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ha! I was the one who worked hard at Maths and still got crap grades!!! (languages came easy!) however I do like to count cals!!

Ok 2eggs---160
2tuna(is that can 150grams, ours are. Circa 5oz) 335cals
2chick breast (circa 150grms each) 380
So roughly 870????
GT-
My tuna pouches are only 80 calories each, and I normally eat 1 or 2, so thats only 160 calories for the tuna, for the most part
I rarely seen cans of tuna in US for more than 80 or 90 calories per can
-Tanya
Old 05-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #1647
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Viv-I do it cos I think there's really no other way for me. I do really intend to stay in the Still bubble!! Well more the Dukan bubble!! His Cruise phase!! Eating the veg won't kick you out too much of ketosis--if you're not that insulin resistant. Your glycerin stores are already depleted from the pure protein week or whatever, and then it's in rotation that you eat the veggies. so unless you eat Madeiras of veggies, you won't really replenish all that glyceron. I think he has this Cruise phase because it's a lot easier to stick to QWL, plus personally for maintenance I think it's great! Let's face it nobody got fat eating lean proteins and veg!!
Also it stops you eating so much protein cos the veg fills you up too. Because if you eat far too much protein your body converts that to sugar!!
He says that when you start to eat the veg you will gain a bit--but that is purely water weight from the water and fibre content of the veg. Which really when you think about it, is no bad thing, we should be hydrated!
Low GI veg will have minimal effect on your insulin response so will keep your hunger down and your fat burning mode on!!
Thank you - That's great info GT. You are a wealth of information! And, I kinda of feel like Linus with his security blanket when it comes to Stillman's. Truly, I want to stay in the Stillman Bubble too - it's cozy in here. Do you think it's possible to have a maintenance diet where you just relax and eat what you want on the weekends - NOT BINGE - but relax, maybe purposely eat carbs like rice, potatos, etc, and then go back to Stillman's Monday thru Friday? I wonder if anyones had success with that? Just a thought. - Viv
Old 05-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #1648
Senior LCF Member

[quote=akagal20;14676528]
Quote:

ViviBee-

After my wedding, I am going to dibble and dabble into maintenance programs.
AS I said before, my goal is to be a guinea pig of sorts for you guys. I am basically at goal.
My fiance has requested that I go up 5 to 10lbs first and then maintain. we both agreed that 145 is a respectable and acceptable, lifestyle weight. So this gives me some wiggle room! ( after the wedding and honeymoon, of course)
So dont fret Vivbee, I have already agreed to take the PLUNGE
Just hang on with me for a bit, until I get the courage after my wedding, to open up my diet.
What I will promise to do is food journal ( again) and track calories very closely, and I can come to the boards and show my weight gains or losses, or hopefully, show a stabilization, and then you guys can mimic my plan... Also it seems like Beth has a fairly decent handle on all this stuff too, so I am going to look to her for guidance , menus, maintenance ideas including some things from Dukan and Atkins!

-T
Thank you Tanya! You are the simply the best! xo Viv
Old 05-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #1649
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you - That's great info GT. You are a wealth of information! And, I kinda of feel like Linus with his security blanket when it comes to Stillman's. Truly, I want to stay in the Stillman Bubble too - it's cozy in here. Do you think it's possible to have a maintenance diet where you just relax and eat what you want on the weekends - NOT BINGE - but relax, maybe purposely eat carbs like rice, potatos, etc, and then go back to Stillman's Monday thru Friday? I wonder if anyones had success with that? Just a thought. - Viv
Hello Again

It looks like a few of Stillmans optional diets do suggest a maintain program which consist of the Stay SLim plan 1 week, and then Stillmans QWL the next week.

I think it would be a way to maintain to have like 2 meals per week ( not days, but meals) where you pretty much eat whatever you want, and then for all other meals you are on your diet, not Stillmans but whatever the Stay Slim plan of choice may be....

I am going to steal a few plans from Stillmans Stay Slim plan, and then I Am going to research what dukan says...
Old 05-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #1650
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
GT-
My tuna pouches are only 80 calories each, and I normally eat 1 or 2, so thats only 160 calories for the tuna, for the most part
I rarely seen cans of tuna in US for more than 80 or 90 calories per can
-Tanya
Cool! Our cans our 150grm with varying cals of 105-120 per 100grm. Obviously I get the 105 one!!
We have pouches too, but they're just so expensive!! I hate tuna (well it's a love hate relationship!!) so I buy the cheapest I can find!!
But if I make salad niçoise at home(Ireland, home) for people then I get the good Stuff--and there is a big difference in taste!
Closed Thread