Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #1591
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Welcome Home, T.

Okay, so Psych, I was thinking that my cals were a bit high to actually lose as fast as I have so I did a bit more research as to the Physiology behind this strick All LEAN FIGHTIN MACHINE way to lose wt. It's mind blowing, really.

Given that, I can't believe how much more hungry I am than when I did Atkins. My body is workin' hard, well actually ALL our bodies are working VERY hard to just break this lean protein down, led alone to make New Sugars with it, hence the increase in appetite. How wild...

So, my q is this, when you all say "you're eating CLEAN, does that mean you're watching cals as well? I really don't think I could lower them without eating the legs off my dinning room set... I eat ONLY when I'm hungry and I usually eat all lean protein. Been having the diet soda but no where near the TEN that Stills allows, and certainly not a free for all as Dukan kinda states AS. I've even given up all eggs and opted for the carton stuff.

Al, how many cals is your "turkey slurry" you've been scarfin' of late.:u? How bout you Viv, can you kinda ball park it one day for me when you say, STRICK? Does that mean intentionally lowered cals.? GT, I know you're a cal, retricted machine and workout like an Olymiad, so I'll count you out for a sec... "btw, I did that a few yrs back and it really hurt my metabolism... I hate to say anything like that as I just LOVE u to LIFE, but be careful, girlie, girl. I do think your slow loses are due to a bit of Starvation Mode. Just sayin' in love. But, that's just what happened to me, and I'm severly Hypothyroid and Insulin Resistent, so I may be a different animal altoghther... YMMV"

So that's my querry. I guess I'm just going with what my body calls for and trusting the outcome. Mind you, it's still calling for a BUCKET OF WINE, CHIPS AND QUAC, and a few brownies, but hey... I gotta tell it to SHUSH IT. I have an Itsybitzy callin my name, goshdarnit.

Hugs,
B

Has anyone else read Dukan's? Pyche? Al? Anyone...

Good nite all. God bless all our efforts and all our dreams.

"TURKEY SLURRY" I crack myself up sometimes... lololol Lov uz, Allie!

Last edited by Beth Sch; 05-23-2011 at 10:20 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #1592
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
Congrats Aleriaaa! Just remember that our willpower is like a muscle, the more we exercise it, the stronger it is.
I love, love, love this!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:51 AM   #1593
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Oh, in reading the posts, I think I just had a six week refeed! LOL...

Is Dunkan diet basically the same as Stillmans?
Hi Anything!! Yeah pretty much!!! The first part of his plan is anyway!! Just stole it from Stills, he did!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:09 AM   #1594
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sallyb
Stats: 210/193/154
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Sally- You're awesome too!!!! 14 pounds!!! WOOHOO!!
For you Al congrats on your weightloss and don't let fat head rule the day.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:12 AM   #1595
Big Yapper!!!!

Psych--who's FLOTUS?? Well I'm guessing Michelle Obama! But what does that stand for?
Yeah the cynics say he was going after the Irish vote in America!!! He is such a showman though-I mean charisma in bucket loads! He's very different to our politicians or the British ones either! Their speeches would be heavy on fact and figures etc. whereas Obama really goes for rousing inspiring speeches-I guess that's the American way!!It was a very quick stopover, on his way to the G8 summit in the UK!
No, I'm from Galway, on the west coast.
I don't really know who Carney Wilson is! I think I may have seen her a few years ago on Oprah! Imagine putting it all back on with lap band, I never knew that was possible! Well I know technically you could liquidise stuff-but still!! I'm glad we did it the natural way too. Actually it's not nearly half as common in Ireland as it is in the US. And I know it's stupid to think it would be a good lifetime fix--it's just the thought of putting the weight back on scares the hell out of me!
Congrats on the huge loss BTW!
Oh and I never feel sorry for the Superskinnies-----just plain jealousy!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 05-24-2011 at 01:56 AM..
Old 05-24-2011, 01:20 AM   #1596
Big Yapper!!!!

Butterfly--poor you! I have no idea! I would say--and I know this sounds extreme-but it's what I do!! Bring tuna pouches or something to eat! I'm not really sure what else would keep in a cooler-HB eggs and some packets of ham(I know, not great!) and then eat them 'secretly' so you're not hungry, and then just tell the others you have an upset stomach, or you're just getting over one and so you don't really eat much!
And if anyone tells me this is weird--I know!!!!! But desperate times and all......!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:21 AM   #1597
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
when a psychologist publicly states that you are clinically insane
She didn't say that!!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:24 AM   #1598
Big Yapper!!!!

Beth and Psych--my cals are no where near 1000-1300 , more like 500-700. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong! He! Dunno how you can get them that high--eugh that would be too much tuna!!!!
I could def get them up on ground beef--yummmmmmmm!!! But then when I have engaged in beef eating, I've gained!!! ha!!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 05-24-2011 at 01:57 AM..
Old 05-24-2011, 01:25 AM   #1599
Big Yapper!!!!

Where's Mar gone??? Check in girl!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:29 AM   #1600
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I went off Stillmans yesterday and today. Yesterday because I was invited to a chinese and you know nothing is Stillmans there and today because I was shopping all day and cleaning all day. I cleaned the fridge, freezer and stove- inside and out! I'm going to be back on Stillmans tomorrow, hopefully! I'm leaving Friday for my vacation to Texas 4 days) then coming back home and going back on vacation again (1 1/2 months). I want everything clean and spotless so when I cone back I don't have to do anything!!
Just hop back on ICDI!! Can you come and clean my fridge?!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:33 AM   #1601
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I have a last resort method I often use when I get into a food situation that I cant get out of and I dont want to say the word "diet'. I say I am sick, or have tummy ache.. I know lying is bad, but heck, you gotta do what you gotta do.
and ......maybe we're quite alike, Tanya!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:33 AM   #1602
Big Yapper!!!!

Cinnamon rolls---Mmmmmmm!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:33 AM   #1603
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sallyb
Stats: 210/193/154
Start Date: May 2011
[QUOTE=Beth Sch;14675540]Welcome Home, T.

Has anyone else read Dukan's? Pyche? Al? Anyone...QUOTE]

Hi Beth

I have read Dukan's book and even used his online coaching method.
The book however contains all the info you need.
The thing is I only wished I stuck with it cos now I would be slim and into the consolidation phase...ah well.

Truth is my head was not in the right place to do Dukan's eating plan at that time.
After Stillmans I am sure I will be able to follow it fine and I do feel Dukans method is doable for the long run.

Sally
Old 05-24-2011, 01:41 AM   #1604
Big Yapper!!!!

Turkey slurry!!!!!! Oh what a word choice!!! oh that just might have put me off ground beef for life!!! Oh I have tears in my eyes!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #1605
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok not laughing now, Beth after reading the rest of your post!! No, girlie, I completely agree with you! I know, I've most likely wrecked mine! I hardly ever go over 800cals(I read anything under puts you in starvation mode), I do work out--and so I should be losing like nobody's business!! But nooooo!!! Also I think I know I've wrecked it cos I can function completely normally on very low cals-not tired, nothing. Well, I can really ignore it if I am!! If I cut all carbs out then I am. My body is completely used to it! Which really sucks for maintenance!!! Oh well, there's not much I can do about it anyway. I mean, I thought building some muscle by working out would help--but really I think that's minimal!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:53 AM   #1606
Big Yapper!!!!

Actually that is one question/worry I really have about low carb----and can anyone answer it?? I worry that eating so little carbohydrate for so long actually make you insulin response 'lazy', so that eventually it will only take a very tiny amount of sugar or starch to send your insulin sky high? And sooooooo, setting you up for diabetes in the long run. I ask cos diabetes is in my family. And yes, I know, that can be avoided by never eating the sugar and sticking to lc for life!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:59 AM   #1607
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok this 'predictive text' thing on the iPad has gotta go!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:17 AM   #1608
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
It's made by Frank's Red Hot/ Buffalo Sauce. OMGosh, SO GOOD!

Funny thing, I find all this protein is increasing my appetite for some weird reason. I tried to ditch the soda to see if it was that, but it's not, I'm just hungry a lot so I eat a small amount. Honestly, I can't even worry about the cals. Dr. Dukan says NOT TO COUNT THEM as the Specific Dynamic Action of protein makes it so we don't have to worry as it takes 30% of the calories from protein to be used just breaking the protein down, hence a person eating like 1500 only actually is eating like 1050... Cool eh! I loved his book.

I feel way smaller so it's working

I think I'm eating around 13-1500 a day. Crazy right? But I only eat when I'm hungry so hoping it's working. I also workout an hr a day.

Any advice on the cals, gals...
Ive had that buffalo sauce and it is GOOD!!!! if you find that you are hungry all the time, it could be that your not eating enough in one sitting. IDK, but it doesnt matter as long as we just eat more meat!! lean meat, that is. ah, the power of protein!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:19 AM   #1609
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
Start Date: January 18, 2014
I'm dont know my daily calories but i know it's gone down low

I eat higher counts on gym days

I actually glad i don't count calories because im sure the number would be lower than i think

I'm going to try to count today and see, it's not a gym day so I'm not eating a whole lot today
Old 05-24-2011, 05:19 AM   #1610
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Hi everyone. I am back!... um, again... This time it is over a gain. Yup! Since March 13th I have been battling a bunch of stuff. Slowly gave myself permission to eat what I wanted. And I gained 8 lbs. Going to get it off before it turns into 10 lbs! I really deserved to weigh more than 8 lbs, but am thankful it didn't get worse. Its so easy to gain after Stillmans...
So I am going strictly old school Stillmans. Nothing but yellow mustard for seasonings. No fats... 80 0z of water... etc. I hope I get this off in a week, but I think 10 days would be acceptable! OMG I will have been married 28 years on June 3rd! Gotta get it off... if its not for a wedding, anniversary's count too! LOL!!
Glad to be back!
Glad you are back anything and ready to do this!! Those 8 will be off by next week!! Keep checkin in, post your menus, stick to the plan! You know it works!! Happy anniversary!!! Now we have 2 reasons to celebrate that weekend!!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:30 AM   #1611
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
I had a surprise this morning for 3 days of strict cleanliness I can say that I saw something special on the scale...

I am now obsessed with watching Supersize vs. Superskinny...Interesting show, but I feel very remorseful for both at each extreme...

I'm on every 3rd day for 24-36 hours...If I'm off, I tend to eat more that day, unless I have errands to run...
Psyche- You are so close to goal!! awesome amazing spectacular You go girl!!!! Keep doing what you're doing! ITS WORKING!!!

I started watching those superskinny/size shows the other day and I couldnt pull myself away. Even though I have loads of issues, I can't even complain after seeing what others go through. My heart goes out to them. Do you agree with the rules, swapping menus like that as a way for them to heal?

and just wondering...do you have a lounge to sleep in at work? how could you do an entire day and half?!? my 13 hr day is torture... (but worth the extra days off) Doesnt even seem like you get a day off!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:34 AM   #1612
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
She didn't say that!!!!!
No She didn't actually say that but I can read between the lines

I Put up with quite a bit of nonsense here in real life so I could very well be crazy at this point, what else is new ?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:34 AM   #1613
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Al!! I see your green light on! drinking tea and eating tuna! dyeing my roots too!! I know ya always want to know these things!!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:42 AM   #1614
Big Yapper!!!!

Have you watched the kids ones, Al? I saw them on TV. My heart really goes out to them. It's heartbreaking. I mean to be that young and so aware that you don't look the same as your peers. Dunno I just always think those kids are always going to have food issues, even if they get their weight under control. And then they show kids in America-one girl was just 16 and having a lap band. I mean 16???? She's always gonna have to take pills for the rest of her life. I don't particulary find the adult ones that depressing, but the children, sad.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:46 AM   #1615
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Oh.I wanted to address something else...Boxed wine...I have never tasted it since I refrain from -OH beverages, but it reminds me of Kathy Griffin, the comedian...She is so funny...She always talks about her mother and how she drinks boxed wine all the time...Too funny...
There was a time when I wouldnt drink from the box or a screw cap! I remember being mortified when my sister-in-law threw an ice cube in a glass i had given her of my "so called good stuff". i had to buy 'my wine' and 'guests wine' after that. My mom would throw in a sweet&low. You just can't do that in a $65 Dead Arm Shiraz!!!! I had turned into a wine snob. It only hurt my wallet though. After losing all my weight on Stills and basically giving it all up, now I can handle/enjoy the cheaper, lighter stuff and thats a good thing.

Threes cheers for boxed wine!!! No cork screw necessary!!! and it lasts for weeks!!

But that david Bruce is calling my name downstairs... Hubby agreed to save it for me for when i hit goal!! (love him dearly!!!)
Old 05-24-2011, 05:57 AM   #1616
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hey Al

Congrats on your loss, I known after a while, Its hard to lose even 1 or 2 pounds without so much effort

You give us hope
T!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! i was a major CRANK yesterday but because I came here and let it all out,(sorry for that girlies) I survived!!!

Im realizing that, well, I guess Ive known all along, that if we want the results that Stillman promised, we really have to follow his plan. Even though Im close to goal, and I wanted to believe that was why I was losing so slow, its really not the case. Ive dragged Stills out for months and months and I really dont think I had to. you put your mind to it and got in done in a few weeks! Thats what Im doing now. the LEAN and CLEAN way!! and I lost another pound because of it!! But it is taking all the effort in the world, thats for sure!!!!!! Im feelin decent right now, but everyone should prepare for the CRANK to return tonight... My body hates low-fat diets.

So T, tell me, is it a maintain day or a QWL day?.. Im really looking forward to seeing how you do this!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:01 AM   #1617
Big Yapper!!!!

Oooh congrats on the pound Al!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:06 AM   #1618
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
T!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! i was a major CRANK yesterday but because I came here and let it all out,(sorry for that girlies) I survived!!!

Im realizing that, well, I guess Ive known all along, that if we want the results that Stillman promised, we really have to follow his plan. Even though Im close to goal, and I wanted to believe that was why I was losing so slow, its really not the case. Ive dragged Stills out for months and months and I really dont think I had to. you put your mind to it and got in done in a few weeks! Thats what Im doing now. the LEAN and CLEAN way!! and I lost another pound because of it!! But it is taking all the effort in the world, thats for sure!!!!!! Im feelin decent right now, but everyone should prepare for the CRANK to return tonight... My body hates low-fat diets.

So T, tell me, is it a maintain day or a QWL day?.. Im really looking forward to seeing how you do this!
Hey Al

I see the 123 there in the stats. Very nice

I havent officially started maintain yet, I want to get to 135 so I am still in a weight loss mindset and structure right now, however my weight isnt realy wanting to move much so its like I am in maintain without trying, I have had cake and alcohol here or there for weddings, I dont think I would have done in the very start. Basically, if I am not at an event or somewhere special I am doing full blown QWL.

I won't start working on the full maintain plan until after the wedding, I will have wiggle room to do some trial and error, so right now my diet is pretty much full blown Stillmans, just like everyone else, no cheating or going off plan with the exception of the planned situations ( like my friends wedding and my own wedding)

-Tanya
Old 05-24-2011, 06:07 AM   #1619
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm at a pizza place with friends

Im pretending to have fun , in reality I'm cranky and suffering and I just want to go home

Stillmans is not easy during NBA play offs

I had grilled chicken which was not great and im chugging diet cokes , which is making me queasy

Ugh what a Monday .
Do you feel like a different person on this diet? Like, that pizza place would have been a blast? I was so miserable too last night for no reason. I was not fun to be around, thats for sure. thats not me.. but hubby understands Im on a diet and just ignored me. It really wasnt fair to him though and Im gonna try to be happy tonight!! I cant even rememeber why I was so annoyed. I was exhausted though and it was only like 9PM. Im gonna try not to let this diet get in my way of having fun with friends and family!!! what good is being skinny and miserable..

hmmm..this is where my issues come in...Id rather be skinny..:blush: no.. Id rather be happy... no... How can I be both?!?!

rambling now...but a ribeye would help..
Old 05-24-2011, 06:08 AM   #1620
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyb View Post
For you Al congrats on your weightloss and don't let fat head rule the day.
thanks!! egg/tuna/chicken will be ruling my day!!
Closed Thread