Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #1561
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
I'm repeating the same mantra! You are SO close to goal, Al! You will be there in no time, and then you can have that ribeye and wonderful glass of wine.
thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will hold off from the vino until T's wedding weekend. Thats my plan. Im sticking to it!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #1562
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Dunno what boxed Zinfandel is!!! But I hope it's nasty!!! The cheek of bringing home a nice bottle of wine for his gorgeous loving wife!! How dare he!!!
WAGs on Stills must be a nitemare!!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #1563
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
awwww! Now I definitely cant cave!

(mumbling to myself....)I plain chicken breast. I chicken breast. I chicken breast.
ITuna!!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #1564
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Butterfly!!!! thats funny and a LOT of eggs. but it stinks you couldnt have your scrambles!! Mash a few of them up in a can of tuna tonight. join me in strict misery...
yeah I would have loved to see ya trying to crack those babies!!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #1565
Big Yapper!!!!

Googled it and I still don't know!!! But I'm guessing really cheap red wine that comes in cartons??!! oh yeah, nasty!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #1566
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
yeah I would have loved to see ya trying to crack those babies!!
Yeah, you should have seen the look on my face when I got to the third carton!!! That's ok, I did end up mashing some up into tuna and having that for lunch. I suppose I could do a HB egg fast for the next few days!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #1567
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Congrats Aleriaaa! Just remember that our willpower is like a muscle, the more we exercise it, the stronger it is. Before, I could never imagine that I would be able to stay on just pure protein for even one week. But now, even though I eat similar, plain food every day, it has gotten routine for me to avoid foods that aren't on the diet. I don't even stand at the refrigerator trying to think of excuses to cheat anymore, I just leave and come on this forum. And also, it also really helps to post my own stats here, because if I get off track and gain, all my friends here will see, which is pretty embarrassing. And I just can't believe you lost 3 ! pounds in 1 day? WOW.....

Tanya, we'll all miss you a lot if you're leaving. I enjoyed and benefitted greatly from your support and advice. But if you decide to return, I'll welcome you with open arms.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #1568
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Googled it and I still don't know!!! But I'm guessing really cheap red wine that comes in cartons??!! oh yeah, nasty!!!
in a box with a spigot! but I have been known to hit the box...so I can't knock it too much.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #1569
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
Congrats Aleriaaa! Just remember that our willpower is like a muscle, the more we exercise it, the stronger it is.

very cool- I like that!!!

and thanks!!!! I had extreme amounts of salt and CL in my system. My body went into complete shock yesterday when I gave it all up! Im sure I wont see another weigh day like today anytime soon. especially since I had 4 skinless chicken legs for dinner. I removed every possible bit of fat I could, even wiped the meat off, but I still feel a little guilty.

and so good for you to not be wasting time in front of that fridge!!! we need you here!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #1570
Blabbermouth!!!

......and Im still waiting for CC to jump in and tell me to just go for the wine......

OH WAIT Mom's in town....
Old 05-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #1571
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
lol Al!

Well, not much today, I've even cut out my half cup of Greek Yogurt as I want to rip this last wt off and I put Splenda Jello in it so that's extra carbs. Just ODing on Shrimp with this KILLER BUFFALO HOT SAUCE FROM. It says no cals no carbs. It's made by Frank's Red Hot/ Buffalo Sauce. OMGosh, SO GOOD! Been trying NOT to have too much Diet Handsons but MAN, without any diet soda, this diet really is hard. I'm kinda of the mindset that I have to have some like 3-4 a day or I'll go insane. Yes, I'm downing water but gotta have something.

As far as NO SPICE thingie, jury's out on that one too. I've cut way back, but I'm not eating any real eggs so I'm hoping the spices I'm using will be like I'm eating real eggs. IDK, all I know is I'm trying the best I can I'm eating ckn breast, turkey, turkey cutlets, tuna, and shrimp, and 3 T of Greek Yog made into a bit of Ceasar Cream which I made up. That's it.

Funny thing, I find all this protein is increasing my appetite for some weird reason. I tried to ditch the soda to see if it was that, but it's not, I'm just hungry a lot so I eat a small amount. Honestly, I can't even worry about the cals. Dr. Dukan says NOT TO COUNT THEM as the Specific Dynamic Action of protein makes it so we don't have to worry as it takes 30% of the calories from protein to be used just breaking the protein down, hence a person eating like 1500 only actually is eating like 1050... Cool eh! I loved his book.

I feel way smaller so it's working

I think I'm eating around 13-1500 a day. Crazy right? But I only eat when I'm hungry so hoping it's working. I also workout an hr a day.

Any advice on the cals, gals...
Old 05-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #1572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Hi everyone. I am back!... um, again... This time it is over a gain. Yup! Since March 13th I have been battling a bunch of stuff. Slowly gave myself permission to eat what I wanted. And I gained 8 lbs. Going to get it off before it turns into 10 lbs! I really deserved to weigh more than 8 lbs, but am thankful it didn't get worse. Its so easy to gain after Stillmans...
So I am going strictly old school Stillmans. Nothing but yellow mustard for seasonings. No fats... 80 0z of water... etc. I hope I get this off in a week, but I think 10 days would be acceptable! OMG I will have been married 28 years on June 3rd! Gotta get it off... if its not for a wedding, anniversary's count too! LOL!!
Glad to be back!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #1573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Oh, in reading the posts, I think I just had a six week refeed! LOL...

Is Dunkan diet basically the same as Stillmans?
Old 05-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #1574
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Evening...

I've been incredibly busy last weekend and didn't get a chance to catch up until now...I had about 5 pages to quickly digest and I embraced the words that vivi suggested a few days ago and tried to be clean...As I think I mentioned, my little niece had her fourth birthday party and it was awesome...Granted, I only stayed for about an hour, but I got to see her blow out the candles...It was nice...But, the 'natives' were restless, I was on-call, and I had to leave...I came home Sunday afternoon and was exhausted...I had a surprise this morning for 3 days of strict cleanliness I can say that I saw something special on the scale...

At any rate, I see someone is either lurking and not posting or completely left for no reason at all...You know who you are and you have done a magnificent job sticking to plan, trying new things to test your resolve, getting ready for your big day by having fittings of your dresses and telling us the changes you have seen from the beginning till now (the beautiful wedding gown comes to mind), delving into the angst issues concerning your sister, going through exercise routines, showing photo galleries of every little step of your weight loss journey as is pertains to your wedding, sharing recipes of cottage cheese, telling us about the ways that Stillman's could be modified to fit todays' context, and the list goes on and on....Well, done...You have mastered Stillman's and you could probably be a poster child for it...But, there are aspects to what GT said that are true and if you didn't believe it, you wouldn't have left so abruptly...Your reaction speaks volumes to your behavior...It is a little over the top, I think...That is my opinion...You are the one that said pages back that we speak the truth here and are direct...If you truly believe that, eat some humble pie with that vodka..The person that you blame apologized if you took it the wrong way as did another LCF..If that isn;t enough and people are wishing your return and you decided to stay icognito, there must have been something to what was said....That is all I will say on this matter..

On another note, GT, I agree on FLOTUS' style...Stunning and beautiful and her husband isn't bad either....Moneygall..Is that near where you are from in Ireland? About 100,000 people came to greet their native son...That's great and of course good for his re-election prospects with the people of Irish descent in America...

I am now obsessed with watching Supersize vs. Superskinny...Interesting show, but I feel very remorseful for both at each extreme...I do agree with CC about all the different weight loss surgeries...Have you seen Carney Wilson lately?...She famously had that surgery performed live a few years back and is presently back where she started...I'm proud that you chose to lose it naturally and not with the aid of surgery...Granted their are some that surgery is necessary, but there are no absolutes that you will remain there...It takes effort just as it takes effort now...

Good Job ICDI and Al and all you other losers.. I am so proud to see your successes....

Pure, hang in there...You are doing great...Ignore the opposition around you and stay focused on your goals...We are here to help and give you truth so you can make it a force in your life to reach and maintain your goal..Not just this one, but every little or big goal that you set in your life...I'm routing for you all the way in Texas..

Beth Sch, that is about how many calories I eat daily...Sometimes lower if my day is busy and sometimes greater, if I am off on my third day...I'm on every 3rd day for 24-36 hours...If I'm off, I tend to eat more that day, unless I have errands to run...
BFM..Nice to hear from you..

CC as always..The sane one to whip us into shape..Hello there girl....

Ok, I guess I'll talk to ya'll later...Take care and happy loses from the Stillman Fiery...I think there is one out there...
Old 05-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #1575
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
I'm glad you are back ATWD and congrats on your long marriage...We don't hear wonderful things like that often..

Oh.I wanted to address something else...Boxed wine...I have never tasted it since I refrain from -OH beverages, but it reminds me of Kathy Griffin, the comedian...She is so funny...She always talks about her mother and how she drinks boxed wine all the time...Too funny...
Old 05-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #1576
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Congrats Aleriaaa! Just remember that our willpower is like a muscle, the more we exercise it, the stronger it is. Before, I could never imagine that I would be able to stay on just pure protein for even one week. But now, even though I eat similar, plain food every day, it has gotten routine for me to avoid foods that aren't on the diet. I don't even stand at the refrigerator trying to think of excuses to cheat anymore, I just leave and come on this forum. And also, it also really helps to post my own stats here, because if I get off track and gain, all my friends here will see, which is pretty embarrassing. And I just can't believe you lost 3 ! pounds in 1 day? WOW.....

Tanya, we'll all miss you a lot if you're leaving. I enjoyed and benefitted greatly from your support and advice. But if you decide to return, I'll welcome you with open arms.
Pure -

It's impossible to get through this without support
I'm not going anywhere, if for any reason to just lend advice and support to others
Thats what these threads are truly about
Support , not showboating

I've learned my lesson and I'm here to stay

No worries
Old 05-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #1577
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
......and Im still waiting for CC to jump in and tell me to just go for the wine......

OH WAIT Mom's in town....
Hey Al

Congrats on your loss, I known after a while, Its hard to lose even 1 or 2 pounds without so much effort

You give us hope
Old 05-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #1578
Senior LCF Member

Beth

I've gotten started on cooking spicy shrimp often
It's very good and quick meal

- Tanya
Old 05-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #1579
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Pure -

It's impossible to get through this without support
I'm not going anywhere, if for any reason to just lend advice and support to others
Thats what these threads are truly about
Support , not showboating

I've learned my lesson and I'm here to stay

No worries
I'm so glad you're back, Tanya! Please do stick around.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #1580
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm so glad you're back, Tanya! Please do stick around.
Lol well I didn't actually go anywhere

Its hard to pull a disappearing act when a psychologist publicly states that you are clinically insane and acting like an idiot

I have no choice
Old 05-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #1581
Senior LCF Member

I'm at a pizza place with friends

Im pretending to have fun , in reality I'm cranky and suffering and I just want to go home

Stillmans is not easy during NBA play offs

I had grilled chicken which was not great and im chugging diet cokes , which is making me queasy

Ugh what a Monday .
Old 05-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #1582
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Hi everyone. I am back!... um, again... This time it is over a gain. Yup! Since March 13th I have been battling a bunch of stuff. Slowly gave myself permission to eat what I wanted. And I gained 8 lbs. Going to get it off before it turns into 10 lbs! I really deserved to weigh more than 8 lbs, but am thankful it didn't get worse. Its so easy to gain after Stillmans...
So I am going strictly old school Stillmans. Nothing but yellow mustard for seasonings. No fats... 80 0z of water... etc. I hope I get this off in a week, but I think 10 days would be acceptable! OMG I will have been married 28 years on June 3rd! Gotta get it off... if its not for a wedding, anniversary's count too! LOL!!
Glad to be back!
You are right , 8 is not bad!

Wow you must have been doing pretty well with your eating

As you know , that 8 will be gone in no time !Plus some
Old 05-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #1583
Senior LCF Member

Ladies, I have a challenging weekend coming up, diet-wise. This Thursday evening, I am making a 6 hour road trip to attend a small workshop that will go this Friday-Sunday. I will have a friend riding with me, and then we will be staying in another person's home.

The hostess is graciously providing breakfast, some lunches, and there will be pizza for dinner at least one night. Breakfast is going to be an assortment of baked goods from Panera ; lunch will be bread, chips, veggies/dip, lunchmeat/cheese, etc. We will probably go out to eat at least once, probably more, during the weekend. I'm kinda freaking out about WTH I'm going to eat. I can skip breakfast as long as there's coffee, but lunch and dinner, especially when everyone else is having pizza or we're at a restaurant...I think it's going to be tough.

I don't know the hostess, or anyone other than the friend I'm going with, and I really don't like discussing my diet with ANYONE (other than here). I don't want it to be an issue, and I don't want to be conspicuous. I think there's no way around the fact that I'm going to have to bring my own food, how can I do that and not draw attention? I may be overreacting, but I'm naturally an introvert and I prefer to go with the flow in group situations. Does anyone have any ideas for easy, cooler-friendly foods I can bring with me? I thought about those tuna pouches, but yech, they stink. HB eggs, I guess I can deal with. Maybe some individual FF Fage yogurts. Um...not sure what else. Any ideas? I am getting really anxious about this!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #1584
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/230.2/150 Female 5’ 7'
I went off Stillmans yesterday and today. Yesterday because I was invited to a chinese and you know nothing is Stillmans there and today because I was shopping all day and cleaning all day. I cleaned the fridge, freezer and stove- inside and out! I'm going to be back on Stillmans tomorrow, hopefully! I'm leaving Friday for my vacation to Texas 4 days) then coming back home and going back on vacation again (1 1/2 months). I want everything clean and spotless so when I cone back I don't have to do anything!!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #1585
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ladies, I have a challenging weekend coming up, diet-wise. This Thursday evening, I am making a 6 hour road trip to attend a small workshop that will go this Friday-Sunday. I will have a friend riding with me, and then we will be staying in another person's home.

The hostess is graciously providing breakfast, some lunches, and there will be pizza for dinner at least one night. Breakfast is going to be an assortment of baked goods from Panera ; lunch will be bread, chips, veggies/dip, lunchmeat/cheese, etc. We will probably go out to eat at least once, probably more, during the weekend. I'm kinda freaking out about WTH I'm going to eat. I can skip breakfast as long as there's coffee, but lunch and dinner, especially when everyone else is having pizza or we're at a restaurant...I think it's going to be tough.

I don't know the hostess, or anyone other than the friend I'm going with, and I really don't like discussing my diet with ANYONE (other than here). I don't want it to be an issue, and I don't want to be conspicuous. I think there's no way around the fact that I'm going to have to bring my own food, how can I do that and not draw attention? I may be overreacting, but I'm naturally an introvert and I prefer to go with the flow in group situations. Does anyone have any ideas for easy, cooler-friendly foods I can bring with me? I thought about those tuna pouches, but yech, they stink. HB eggs, I guess I can deal with. Maybe some individual FF Fage yogurts. Um...not sure what else. Any ideas? I am getting really anxious about this!
Butterfly

Are you driving your own car?
if so , I would suggest going to the local grocery store, there has to be one near the hostess' house.
I don't think it would be outside of appropriate to go pick up a few things from the store to get you through a few meals

In the case that you are out a restaurant, I would actually prefer that if I were you because you go could always go with a fish or chicken, or steak!

I would definitely do HB egg or turkey bacon, for breakfast..anything but the Panera, or like you said, maybe just chug that coffee and call it a day on that, I did that when I went to Vegas and everyone was eating Granola Bars and Cinnamon rolls. I ate beef jerky from the gas station and HB eggs, which were surprisingly also available at the gas station! I also kept tuna pouches on me, and yes it did stink to everyone, but frankly I didnt care and I just ate it super fast!

Also, you are going to have to somehow get out of that pizza. I could see that you may have to cheat a bit on this trip, and thats ok, but it seems like the pizza is the one time you have to stand strong, and hold you ground or at least speak up.

If they are eating the pizza at home, thats when you heat up whatever you have purchased from the local grocery store.

I dont think it would be mean, you just say you are on a diet and that you have special items you will need to eat.

In the end, if you feel the burden to great to bear, you may just have to say, I only live once, eat 1 slice, and then just keep digging the next day.

I know what I would do, if I were you, but I see your personality is very different.

I have a last resort method I often use when I get into a food situation that I cant get out of and I dont want to say the word "diet'. I say I am sick, or have tummy ache.. I know lying is bad, but heck, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #1586
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I went off Stillmans yesterday and today. Yesterday because I was invited to a chinese and you know nothing is Stillmans there and today because I was shopping all day and cleaning all day. I cleaned the fridge, freezer and stove- inside and out! I'm going to be back on Stillmans tomorrow, hopefully! I'm leaving Friday for my vacation to Texas 4 days) then coming back home and going back on vacation again (1 1/2 months). I want everything clean and spotless so when I cone back I don't have to do anything!!
Chinese sounds like a dream right now. I don't blame you!

I thinks its a FAB idea to get back on Stillmans tommorow

I do like your attitude
Old 05-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #1587
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Tanya???? I in no way meant that. I meant what I said, you have great body confidence, which I think is evident in your part-time job, your modeling work, and the pictures you post here. Like I said, I think that is a great thing to have.
I shouldn't have said that maybe you were starting to get a slight kick out of the concern. I'm sorry. I just wondered why you posted the picture of you in the black dress at the wedding again, when we had all seen it and had commented on how great you looked. I wondered that maybe they weren't the conments you were looking for, that you thought maybe we should back up some of the comments you got from the guests saying you were looking too thin, anorexic etc.
As I, and we, have said time and time again, you look great, you have a gorgeous healthy, thin, toned figure-a figure most people would kill for. You have worked hard at QWL and you deserve to feel good about your body.
I think me saying you weren't 'humble' was an unfortunate word choice. I used it, because you had used it, but I purely meant it in reference to your body confidence, not in reference to you as a person,
Tanya, I regret that I have offended, hurt and upset you. It wasn't my intention. For that I am sorry. You are a great part of this thread. We love seeing your photos and hearing of your wedding plans. We would really miss you if you left.

GT-

No worries

Thanks for the kinds words

I just need to get over myself

Thats the answer

-Tanya
Old 05-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #1588
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Butterflymama, chicken breasts maybe? And if your hostess asks, you can say you have a sensitive immune system and are allergic to several things including wheat and gluten ( which should take care of a lot of the baked carbs ), which is why you have to be really careful about the foods you eat. And if they offer you other things like veg. or fruits, you could also say that you're already full from all the protein. I hope this helps! And I totally understand the feeling....I also hate situations where my diet is under scrutiny. Good luck!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #1589
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyb View Post
Don't leave T your presence on the board has meant alot to me and this all feels rather sad.

Sally
Sally

Goodness No, I am here,, just needed to clear my head

Hopefully my idiot behavior will be a thing of the past

I am here to assist, advise and help and support!

Stillmans is tough business, and only a firm and steady approach will work

Thats what I can offer to threads...

Thanks for your kind words, you are a GREAT person

-Tanya

Last edited by akagal20; 05-23-2011 at 09:51 PM..
Old 05-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #1590
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Butterflymama, chicken breasts maybe? And if your hostess asks, you can say you have a sensitive immune system and are allergic to several things including wheat and gluten ( which should take care of a lot of the baked carbs ), which is why you have to be really careful about the foods you eat. And if they offer you other things like veg. or fruits, you could also say that you're already full from all the protein. I hope this helps! And I totally understand the feeling....I also hate situations where my diet is under scrutiny. Good luck!
PURE !!

um hello, I totally need to use this

senstive immune system? ok who would argue with that!
LOL

Thats a really good one

Great advice and yes, I will be using that one

-Tanya
Closed Thread