Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #1501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Anyone know any Boston hotspots? I'll be spending an overnight there for my Britney show, and I plan on hitting the Cheers Bar.. anything else?
Al if it's still there, the No Name Restaurant is a must do in Boston. It used to be wood floors and picnic tables, drive in style food served in baskets, and the best damned lobster on the planet. Then you walk outside onto the pier and feed your scraps to the gulls and cats.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #1502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
As in the one used in Cheers--or am I being thick!!
You got it1 The actual bar used in the filming of the TV sitcom Cheers! 'Twas ages ago.........you and Al were prob newborns! Ye must have seen it as reruns!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #1503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Ugh I meant to say

At the wedding, several people approached my fiancé and Told him that I had lost too much weight and they were very worried abou my health

were they skinnies? were they people that could truly be concerned, or just envy comments?
Can you believe it

It was so akward and uncomfortable

I had people watching me eat and I also had to eat two small pieces of cake to " prove" that I wasn't having anorexia or eating disorder

I was mad inside because I eat all the time because stillmans doesn't mean we have to Starve

I was unhappy and my fiancé is now all worried due to the peer pressure from his Friends
they just hate you because they wish their girlfriends wer hot like you
He even looks at the scale when I get on t make sure I'm not faking the number by making it larger than it really I s

he's blown away by the transformation and is thinking about keeping up, staying attractive to you
Good Grief! It's just a diet people , calm down

Yuck? What do I do now ?
you enjoy how wonderful you look, and more importantly, how you feel about yourself. Period. Do not let anyone take this away from you!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #1504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
dunno what a Keurig is!! Sounds German!! I'm really not that fond of coffee--I take it really weak--and that's really hard to get!!
it's a coffeemaker that makes one cup at a time. IMHO it's stupid and incredibly expensive and wasteful regarding the packaging. Not like tea where a bag costs a penny.

the little cups an the right are one cup of coffee in K cup packaging. It's a fad, like home expresso machines. I finally gave mine away.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #1505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well the problem now is that my fiancee is ok this bandwagon now , his friends have got him all bent out of shape!

So now I have to suffer more scrutiny and more questions and more watching

Now I'm anxious about the wedding next weekend, I think thy will be worst
screw them and repeat after me.......

"Don'tcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?"

You did it for you, to hell with them. whoopee, I'm finally in love with my body! Who could shoot that down?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #1506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O and Tanya this will shut them all up..........

it's a diet my Dad gave me from his college days.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #1507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
akagal, I'm sorry to hear about those people. Right now, I'm having the same sort of experience, because I have to bear family members telling me to stop the diet every single day, every single time they see me, not just every meal!

But then, I remember the mean things they said to me before about my weight, how much those comments broke my heart, and I just ignore them.

Ignore it? REPEAT IT! To their face!

Old 05-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #1508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

whew! caught up!

baby girls, it's your time to shine. Don't let the ba$tards get you down.

Mom sees me now compared to when I was fat and unhappy (well, fatter and ungappy, I'm a bit of a way from skinny) and she's so happy for me her eyes fill up. Not so much for the appearance, but what's happening on the inside.

So wear the tight dress, buy the high heels. Life is too short. You don't want your only companion in old age to be regret.

Good nite and Goddess Bless
Old 05-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #1509
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
I will repost the photos now, hopefully they show up!

This was the "look" that caused the concern raised around the world!

Old 05-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #1510
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
you enjoy how wonderful you look, and more importantly, how you feel about yourself. Period. Do not let anyone take this away from you!
CC

Some were skinnies and some were not .

I was bothered by the whole situation, these were the "wives" and " girlfriends"...I am not sure what their motivation was.

However when I look back on the night, I was kind of a standout even in all black, SO I am starting to get the point..

I have another wedding next week,so I see I have to play this like a game of chess. Strategy, and approach, patience !

Its so funny because I am so humble and that bothers them even more, they WANT me to be this showy diva so they can have a reason to hate me..

i wont give it to them

I change my mind about next week. I wont wear a large, or frumpy dress. I am going to the store, and I am finding a KNOCK OUT dress, and I have some sweet stilletos...and its gonna be ON baby !

hahaa, it will give me motivation to undo this past weekends damage, in which I was LITERALLY force fed wedding CAKE with people looking on with concern...

Last edited by akagal20; 05-22-2011 at 05:58 PM..
Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #1511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
CCgirl: good comeback advice! I'm sooo going to do that .

I'm sooo happy I made it through my first week. But I'm suprised that even though I should be in ketosis now, whenever I see sweets, I still crave them. I just wish I didn't like sweets or something. Anyone feel the same about this?
Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #1512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I couldn't weigh myself today so I'll have to put 198 as my weigh in this week.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #1513
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I'm sooo happy I made it through my first week. But I'm suprised that even though I should be in ketosis now, whenever I see sweets, I still crave them. I just wish I didn't like sweets or something. Anyone feel the same about this?
Pure

I do AGREE

Today I was working an event ( like I do most weekends) and there was tons of free cakes, pies, funnel cakes
Are you familiar with what a funnel cake is ?

Oh my GOD I thougt I was gonna die...it was a long 6 hours for my life

I LOVE cakes and cookies, and hot warm brownies with nuts, and Snicker bars, etc etc

I do have urges and cravings and I work HARD to push them aside.

Its awful

Pure, so you know you are not alone

WE are all fighting this GOOD fight together

My Sugar free jello is my only relief these days

-T
Old 05-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #1514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Hey Ladies!

Hope all is well... Count me in on the lean and mean. I was eating one super lean burger 94/6 lean and or sirloin steak here and there, but I know turkey and ckn would bode better. It's only 4 more grams of fat but hey, fat is fat right... So, I'm in too. I'm going to hitter hard for 2 weeks and then weigh. I'm so losing like gang busters as well. I have to get that Palmers Cream as I can see my skin doing silly, drooping things, NOT GOOD!

I don't want to go lower than 1000 cals as I know the drill. My body goes into "starvation mode" after 2 weeks if I go lower than that and it SUCKS, and I'm also working out so I don't want that.

Here's a pic of what I SHOULD look like a few short weeks. God willing. BTW, thanks Al for the link. LoVe It.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2olgo1_500.jpg

"Where do i find that nitie?" lolol
Old 05-23-2011, 01:44 AM   #1515
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
it's a coffeemaker that makes one cup at a time. IMHO it's stupid and incredibly expensive and wasteful regarding the packaging. Not like tea where a bag costs a penny.

the little cups an the right are one cup of coffee in K cup packaging. It's a fad, like home expresso machines. I finally gave mine away.
Oh the coffee pad things!!! Oh yeah they're so expensive!!!! They're everywhere here!! You can even get pads of hot chocolate for them!
Old 05-23-2011, 02:11 AM   #1516
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

However when I look back on the night, I was kind of a standout even in all black, SO I am starting to get the point..

Its so funny because I am so humble and that bothers them even more, they WANT me to be this showy diva so they can have a reason to hate me...
Tanya, I love ya girl. I really do!!! But I think you're anything but humble!! I think you know very well you look great(which you do) -thin, toned and healthy, and you're really enjoying the attention, and maybe now you're starting to get a slight kick out of the concern, whether it be false or genuine. You have amazing body confidence, confidence in general, and that is definitely no bad thing. I think that is probably apparent to the people who know you too. Therefore ,I think you should let that shine through. Regardless of what people are like, I think the trait that's probably appreciated most is honesty, people appreciate it if you're true to yourself.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-23-2011, 02:21 AM   #1517
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Oh yeah! I always crave chocolate, every day!!

No seriously, I'm not sure ketosis will take away psychological cravings. I think it supresses physical hunger,which helps with the cravings too. If you're not really hungry then you're less likely to give in to them!!
Hang in there, you've done great! The first week is always the hardest, it gets easier from here on in!!
Old 05-23-2011, 02:23 AM   #1518
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Beth--where did ya find a picture of me?????
Old 05-23-2011, 02:28 AM   #1519
Big Yapper!!!!

I googled funnel cake!! They have something kind of similar here-Spritzkuchen!! Tried a piece once and it did not float my boat!! However I read funnel cake can be topped with things--ie Nutella!!!! and it's probably served warm then!! Mmmmmm!!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:06 AM   #1520
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Tanya, I love ya girl. I really do!!! But I think you're anything but humble!! I think you know very well you look great(which you do) -thin, toned and healthy, and you're really enjoying the attention, and maybe now you're starting to get a slight kick out of the concern, whether it be false or genuine. You have amazing body confidence, confidence in general, and that is definitely no bad thing. I think that is probably apparent to the people who know you too. Therefore ,I think you should let that shine through. Regardless of what people are like, I think the trait that's probably appreciated most is honesty, people appreciate it if you're true to yourself.
Really ?

I see, so I'm just a stuck up, showy attention hog?

Thats good to know

I'll be moving right a Long then from these message boards

I'm glad you were honest, if you feel that way, I'm sure Tons of others do

I had a feeling my time would come to leave at some point

Guess thats now then
Old 05-23-2011, 05:22 AM   #1521
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Al if it's still there, the No Name Restaurant is a must do in Boston. It used to be wood floors and picnic tables, drive in style food served in baskets, and the best damned lobster on the planet. Then you walk outside onto the pier and feed your scraps to the gulls and cats.
ooooo great suggestion! you know i love me some lobster!!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:26 AM   #1522
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

She's right- ridiculously expensive! At home, I have my keurig, with my good ole trusty Bunn right next to it! I blow thru a lot of coffee, so I alternate between the two. Ive got it bad....
Old 05-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #1523
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
O and Tanya this will shut them all up..........

it's a diet my Dad gave me from his college days.
oh yes! perfect response!!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:35 AM   #1524
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Hey Ladies!

Hope all is well... Count me in on the lean and mean. I was eating one super lean burger 94/6 lean and or sirloin steak here and there, but I know turkey and ckn would bode better. It's only 4 more grams of fat but hey, fat is fat right... So, I'm in too. I'm going to hitter hard for 2 weeks and then weigh.
yup. fat is fat. I kept it seriously clean yesterday and lost 3 lbs. Im 124 today and havent seen that number in a year. I will keep this up and hit my 10 pound goal. I SWEAR!!!

I do have to say though, without the extra fat, I am a bit sluggish and headachey.. gonna monitor it closely cause I need to be able to keep up with the kiddos. Today I feel like going back to bed... But Im sure it will pass. 2-3 days right??

ps- go out and get that nitey!!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:37 AM   #1525
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh Beth--where did ya find a picture of me?????
nope. not you. that nighty would be pink.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:56 AM   #1526
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Really ?

Thats good to know

Guess thats now then
no, no, no!! i have known GT for a really long time and know that her post should not have been taken that way! I see you as beautiful, strong, motivated, determined, and confident and Im sure GT feels the same. You give me hope girlie. I want to walk tall, buy size two dresses, and have a smile and figure that makes the room stop! That's you. Successful in career and diet, you are #1. The difference between us here and the rest of the world, is we are genuinely happy for your success. Theres no jealousy or resentment. So stay here and help us get to where your at.

My mouth drops when i see your pics. I wish I felt good enough to post mine, but they digust me.

So if you didnt know how great you are doing, you know now! and I speaketh the truth.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:08 AM   #1527
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Really ?

Thats good to know

Guess thats now then
Tanya???? I in no way meant that. I meant what I said, you have great body confidence, which I think is evident in your part-time job, your modeling work, and the pictures you post here. Like I said, I think that is a great thing to have.
I shouldn't have said that maybe you were starting to get a slight kick out of the concern. I'm sorry. I just wondered why you posted the picture of you in the black dress at the wedding again, when we had all seen it and had commented on how great you looked. I wondered that maybe they weren't the conments you were looking for, that you thought maybe we should back up some of the comments you got from the guests saying you were looking too thin, anorexic etc.
As I, and we, have said time and time again, you look great, you have a gorgeous healthy, thin, toned figure-a figure most people would kill for. You have worked hard at QWL and you deserve to feel good about your body.
I think me saying you weren't 'humble' was an unfortunate word choice. I used it, because you had used it, but I purely meant it in reference to your body confidence, not in reference to you as a person,
Tanya, I regret that I have offended, hurt and upset you. It wasn't my intention. For that I am sorry. You are a great part of this thread. We love seeing your photos and hearing of your wedding plans. We would really miss you if you left.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:11 AM   #1528
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
She's right- ridiculously expensive! At home, I have my keurig, with my good ole trusty Bunn right next to it! I blow thru a lot of coffee, so I alternate between the two. Ive got it bad....
I use Nescafé instant mild blend!!! All you coffee lovers are throwing up now!!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:13 AM   #1529
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
yup. fat is fat. I kept it seriously clean yesterday and lost 3 lbs. Im 124 today and havent seen that number in a year. I will keep this up and hit my 10 pound goal. I SWEAR!!!

!!
Al!!! I'm sooooooo happy for you!!! who's the Queen of the whoosh!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:15 AM   #1530
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
no, no, no!! i have known GT for a really long time and know that her post should not have been taken that way! I see you as beautiful, strong, motivated, determined, and confident and Im sure GT feels the same. You give me hope girlie. I want to walk tall, buy size two dresses, and have a smile and figure that makes the room stop! That's you. Successful in career and diet, you are #1. The difference between us here and the rest of the world, is we are genuinely happy for your success. Theres no jealousy or resentment. So stay here and help us get to where your at.

My mouth drops when i see your pics. I wish I felt good enough to post mine, but they digust me.

So if you didnt know how great you are doing, you know now! and I speaketh the truth.
What she said, Tanya.
Closed Thread