Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I'm not in them yet, Al so no clapping!!! They fit but I just can't close the button or zip them up fully---I'll give it a fortnight!!! He!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #122
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
good day all!

I finally was able to do my two mile walk jog for the first time since December. I refuse to go out in less than 35F It really makes me feel back on track.

Mother's Day reminder it's this Sunday...just shipped out Mum her care package.
Oooh dig you and your jogging!!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
yeah it kinda sucks that BF is home Mondays and Fridays so I only get to go walk three days.
Oh but we are excersizing in other ways I forgot about that..........
hmmmm maybe thats why I lose so slowly here so!!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Al, I'm glad it all worked out. You and Mom did the right thing, so many don't when it comes to defenseless animals.........

LOL excersize.......not complaining, at least we have an indoor sport

LOL Psych you trash talkin' politico.......I'm a news and pol hound too!!!!!!

Is that where they went? The Seychelles? That's where they make the shoes I can't afford, right?
No, Wills has gone back to work!!!!! Honeymoon will be next week!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #125
Big Yapper!!!!

[quote=Mar922;14614340]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
You look great in your new avi Mar!! So slim!!

QUOTE]

Thanks! I was out this weekend and lots of ppl came up to tell me they noticed I've lost weight it was very good motivation to keep losing! I figured the pic could help me with that on here too!

So I broke down and weighted myself this morning, looks like I can't make it a week without waying although to be honest right now in order to stay on track I feel like I need to see the number go down to prove all this meat is worth it!

It's my friends Bday today and we are going for Sushi which is my favorite food ever! I have always really liked sashimi so I am only going to order that and drink green tea, no rice, no cake!
Love sushi!!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh No Bethy!! I give you a lot of credit for stopping at the licks and getting some exercise. I think you rock!! So..my menu today, so far was ground turkey..yesterday was steak for lunch, steak and lobstertail for supper. I really shouldnt have even been hungry today with all the food I ate yesterday, but had some turkey for the fun of it.

Mar just started a really cool thread called Meaty May - gonna be filled with menus!!
You just licked the donuts?????? Oh I think you should be proud!!! I would have scoffed those babies down!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
OMG
I would give life and limb for a carrot

Its funny how, as times passes, the cravings just kind of go away
I get so full so fast, I would never thought I would be the type of person to take a few bites of something and be full
I've always had a HUGE appetite, like a nice big black girl should ! ( HA HA)

I had a great lunch, tuna + mustard+ egg ...I am desiring turkey though, so tonight after the gym I am heading to the store

My fiancee has put me on "bone watch"..so he said if he sees another bone start to protude, that my weight loss has to stop. I told him I am close to goal and not to worry.
My goal is actually 140, and I am only 3 lbs away which WILL be gone this week. And the 135 is just for wedding sakes, but my normal weight goal will be 140-145 to maintain....

He is SO silly... bone watch? really?

Anyway, I lie, I do crave cake right now.... Give me CAKE
mine's always on bone watch!! And cake---yuuuuuuuuummmmmmm!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

My long term with meat was much longer than 2 months, but when I started eating again on my vacation, i became completely constipated and put on a lot a weight in a very fast time. dont want this to be you on your honeymoon, girlie!!
I agree with Al. If you go straight from QWL to eating everything, even eating normally---you will pack on rhe pounds very quickly and worse you'll put on inches very quickly too.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

2 dress sizes??? WTG Tanya!!!

I really like your idea of one week on one week off, don't think I'd be able to do it though, it would really wreck my head.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I agree with Al. If you go straight from QWL to eating everything, even eating normally---you will pack on rhe pounds very quickly and worse you'll put on inches very quickly too.
Dr Stillman makes it very clear in his book about the possible weight gain and how to work with your body to avoid that.
I am big reader and I have been reading everything he has said plus some.

Any diet you go on , you run this risk. Its an obvious downfall..all we can do is try our maintenance program, which we can stick with, maybe we gain some and then just use stillmans plan to regulate the gain to less than 5lbs.
Or maybe just exercise more..
Old 05-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Dr Stillman makes it very clear in his book about the possible weight gain and how to work with your body to avoid that.

Any diet you go on , you run this risk. Its an obvious downfall..all we can do is try our maintenance program, which we can stick with, maybe we gain some and then just use stillmans plan to regulate the gain to less than 5lbs.
Maintenance is the most imporatant part of weight loss, for the Dukan diet he recommends you stay on maintenance 5 days for every pound lost (I think) so you would be on maintence for alsmost 2 X's as long as it took you to lose the weight, so thats what I am gonna do when I hit my goal weight.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

My Lunch (fish) is so gross today! I am thinking if I really want to lose weight to just stick to this fish because there is no way I would ever over eat it haha
Old 05-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Maintenance is the most imporatant part of weight loss, for the Dukan diet he recommends you stay on maintenance 5 days for every pound lost (I think) so you would be on maintence for alsmost 2 X's as long as it took you to lose the weight, so thats what I am gonna do when I hit my goal weight.
What does Dukan mean by " Stay on maintenance" , like wouldnt that be the lifestyle adjustment at this point
Is there some particular way of eating that is different than, for example, the Stay Slim plan presented by Dr Stillman?

Last edited by akagal20; 05-03-2011 at 01:15 PM..
Old 05-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

I would assume that maintenance would be like, for a lifetime.

I know I cant just eat whatever I want or I will gain weight. Period
Old 05-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #135
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I agree! But the regain with lc is quicker and more noticeable that WW or something because of the water weight as well. If you like reading and want to research maintenance then look at the Dukan diet book. He speaks a lot of sense about adding carbs, treats etc. and always keeping 1day pure protein for life.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
oh peeps, scarey!!!!!! Yup look at Dukan! I would be on his 3rd part-consolidation or sthg-for well over a year so!!! But it's def a good book to read for maintenance. He really explains the yo-yo effect.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
What does Dukan mean by " Stay on maintenance" , like wouldnt that be the lifestyle adjustment at this point
Is there some particular way of eating that is different than, for example, the Stay Slim plan presented by Dr Stillman?
Well dukans theory is that you can go back to eating whatever you want after that but you must have one pure protein day a week (stillmans pretty much) but if you read more of the book he says that you can eat whatever you want but to stay close to maintenance plan as possible, which to me kinda looks like the shape up plan with 2 free meals a week (meals not days). I think maintenance is a life time thing too, cuz you want to maintain that weight for life, right?

Last edited by Mar922; 05-03-2011 at 01:27 PM..
Old 05-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I agree! But the regain with lc is quicker and more noticeable that WW or something because of the water weight as well. If you like reading and want to research maintenance then look at the Dukan diet book. He speaks a lot of sense about adding carbs, treats etc. and always keeping 1day pure protein for life.
Yeah I know, trust me. It just seems obvious that if we stopped the diet and went back to eating normal, we would gain. I understand that

Everyone says that, thats why a lot of people dont ever go low carb

Dukan sounds good, i'll look into that
Old 05-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well dukans theory is that you can go back to eating whatever you want after that but you must have one pure protein day a week (stillmans pretty much) but if you read more of the book he says that you can eat whatever you want but to stay close to maintenance plan as possible, which to me kinda looks like the shape up plan with 2 free meals a week (meals not days). I think maintenance is a life time thing too, cuz you want to maintain that weight for life, right?
The Dukan sounds great.

To be honest with you at this point, just even 1 or 2 days of being able to have a nice bowl of oatmeal for breakfast or some toast, sounds like heaven.

I would have no problem doing stillmans or Dukan, it would be easier knowing that every now and then I could have what I deep down desire!

I will approach Maintenance like a game

I have struggled with my weight my whole life, and I know it wont end now, but it helps to be educated . I feel more powerful like I dont have to suffer with a high weight just because I dont know any better.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
oh peeps, scarey!!!!!! Yup look at Dukan! I would be on his 3rd part-consolidation or sthg-for well over a year so!!! But it's def a good book to read for maintenance. He really explains the yo-yo effect.
GT

I am terrified of the YO YO. I am going to get Dukan's book.. Maintenance is getting close for me, time to start reading up! ( I am so fearful)

GT, youve been at the low weight quite a while. what do you do now? are you maintaining already? still losing?
How long have you been on stillmans?

-Tanya
Old 05-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The Dukan sounds great.

To be honest with you at this point, just even 1 or 2 days of being able to have a nice bowl of oatmeal for breakfast or some toast, sounds like heaven.

I would have no problem doing stillmans or Dukan, it would be easier knowing that every now and then I could have what I deep down desire!

I will approach Maintenance like a game

I have struggled with my weight my whole life, and I know it wont end now, but it helps to be educated . I feel more powerful like I dont have to suffer with a high weight just because I dont know any better.
I would recommend reading it too, I never followed his diet but I am definietly gonna do his maintenance plan.... This is just from memory so don't quote me haha

Meat
Veggies from the allowable list (low carb veggies like lettuce, mushrooms, zuchinni, eggplant etc)
2 serving of fruit except bananas and melons ane one other (grapes?)
2 pieces of whole wheat bread
Oat bran ( he recommends you have this every dfay even while doing the diet)
1.5 oz of cheese
2 free meals a week

Yogurt is also allowed during the PP days so I am thinking that would be on the list too, again this is from memory so if someone knows the exact list please feel free to correct me
Old 05-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014

Hey gals! Just had to see if my account was still active.. been MIA.. I know. . I can't get it together , i've been struggling with everything I've been doing. . I just thought I'd log in for a little encouragement. . I'm playing around with some other stuff right now. . but I did love Stillmans!!! O yes. . for all you newbies. . it is a great plan as long as you can stay strong. . I need to find the inner strength. .

You go - I know you can all do it and I will lurk for awhile until I get my head back together. .

Hugs to everyone! Enjoy your meat~!!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Congrats on the losses Al. .

Miss you GT. .I can't help but think of you each and every time I thinkg about cupcakes. . Notice I said. ."Think". .

CC. .miss your humor. .

I'll be back. .I promise. . whatever plan I follow. . I'll be back. I miss you guys too much to stay away. ..
Old 05-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yeah it's completely different. Still just jumps from QWL to Stay Slim eating, using QWL if you gain more than 3lbs.
Dukan has 4 stages, the first called Attack-basically pure protein and some lf dairy and his oatbran-he reccommends doing this for only a few days.
The next stage is The Cruise phase-this is where you alternate days with pure protein and days with protein and vegetables. This is followed til you reach your goal weight.
The third phase is the Consolidation phase-this is the first part of maintenance. You continue with protein and veg but add one piece of fruit and 2 slices of bread a day. And you have one other portion of carbs a week eg. pasta. You're also allowed one 'celebratin meal' a week. After a while you can have 2 'celebration meals'. This is the phase you stay on for ages-5days for every pound lost.
The last phase is the Stabilisation phase. This is basically 'normal' eating, with a pure protein day every week.
He explains that the 3rd phase is the most dangerous one for weight gain and that it trains your body to get used to its new weight. He says after a starvation period-which is what a vlc diet effectively is-your body is better able to get calories from food. As in before the diet it would get 100cals from a piece of bread, after the diet it will get 120. This is why it is so difficult to maintain your weight after a diet and why you regain so quickly. He says the longer you maintain your new low weight then the less of a danger there is to regain. Your body gets less effective at getting calories from food-which is good.
He also talks about a set weight-a weight that your body feels good at, not necessarily one you like!! There are calculators to find it out. It is kind of based on your highest adult weight and how long you've been overweight. Mine is 133. He also says that you shouldn't really bother trying to go under your ideal weight (I've forgotten what he called it) because the effort to maintain it is too much. He also recommends that the more overweght you've been, the higher your goal weight should be. This is especially true if obesity runs in the family.He actually says that someone who has been more than 200lbs could never get down to 120-it's just not possible. In that I intend to prove him wrong!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yeah I know, trust me. It just seems obvious that if we stopped the diet and went back to eating normal, we would gain. I understand that

Everyone says that, thats why a lot of people dont ever go low carb

Dukan sounds good, i'll look into that
Yeah. Dukan explains the rebound weight gain really well. I always assumed you gained weight because no1 your metabolism had dropped abd then no2 because you ate more after a diet-you were like a child in a candy store!!!
But no, your body works against you. It has actually become more efficient at getting calories and nutrients from food-about 20% more efficient. So on normal calories you will gain. It goes back to prehistoric times when we had to sustain long periods without food.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #146
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

Hey gals! Just had to see if my account was still active.. been MIA.. I know. . I can't get it together , i've been struggling with everything I've been doing. . I just thought I'd log in for a little encouragement. . I'm playing around with some other stuff right now. . but I did love Stillmans!!! O yes. . for all you newbies. . it is a great plan as long as you can stay strong. . I need to find the inner strength. .

You go - I know you can all do it and I will lurk for awhile until I get my head back together. .

Hugs to everyone! Enjoy your meat~!!
Oh Im2!!!!! Hiiiiiiii!!! I was scrolling up and saw your Kitty!!!! Oh we have missed you i was thinking of you on Sunday when Al did the new thread. I think you must have started them for 7 months straight. Please post as well as lurking!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Congrats on the losses Al. .

Miss you GT. .I can't help but think of you each and every time I thinkg about cupcakes. . Notice I said. ."Think". .

CC. .miss your humor. .

I'll be back. .I promise. . whatever plan I follow. . I'll be back. I miss you guys too much to stay away. ..
i actually tried on a cupcake tshirt today!! I didn't buy!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Late Afternoon,

Ok..I get to recap on all your lovely progress

Beth Sch--No worries on the licks...Remember CC's tag lines..Everyday is a new day and if all you do is lick the donuts and workout, you will be fine...I commend you on your efforts thus far

Mar--Eat some sashmi for me...I LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi..I do that too Al..Wasabi+Soy is delightful on the palate..Yummmm...

AkaGal--You are doing excellent and these next few lbs should come off quickly the way you are gettin' at it Your plan for maintaining is shaping up nicely and you are approaching it in the right time frame...I think I talk with Al and Mar about this on the last thread in April and quite possibly in March..It seems that when you are close or within 7-10lbs of your goal, a maintenance plan should start forming....I think the plan laid out sounds great...We all have to remember that life does happen and little treats here and there are not gonna break us....Moderate 'cheats' seem reasonable, but we all have to remember our own limitations and our own maintenance plans may not be similar...You are too funny about you and a carrot...You know honestly, if we meat it the majority of the week once we get to maintenance and have maybe a day that you throw in something off plan, it shouldn't be that bad, but to each his/her own...

CC--I am a political wonk of crazy facts and geography about all these countries in the world...I was never into policy and government while in school, but for the last three or four years, I have really increased my understanding not just on policy and planning within our own government, but in other governments around the world....It keeps me grounded and guided as to how fortunate we are as a people..I have always loved geography as a child...I was not only the nerd science girl, but LOVED geography...I was that person who could tell you where every country,river, fjord, whatever was...Now, my interest has shifted to the people and regimes that control these far away countries that I only read about...Stunning scenery, beautiful cultures and amazing people...Architecture is a soft spot in my heart...Ok, enough of all of that...But yes, I have been watching all the speculation and I believe they are going for 10 days at the end of this month to the Seychelles...Now that is a place I would LOVE to visit..Give me a month and I could make a holiday out of the Seychelles, Madagascar and beautiful Zanzibar...What a great trip that would be....Perhaps I could drop over to South Africa while I was at it...Ok enough of that...

ICDI---You are doing incredible....Go YOU!!! You are following plan and sticking to it...I think there is a phrase here called 'Onederland'...You will be there in no time

GT--It seems that all of us are looking at ways to incorporate Dunkan/Stillman's/Atkins into our lifestyle...These are the best that work for the majority that are on this thread and it seems like a good plan...I'm glad that you are here as a solid voice of reason...How are the Mother's Day plans coming?

Al--Congrats on being soooo close to 120...I just glanced at your stats....Excellent...Oh and the AkaGal hit it out of the park by mentioning the sprinkles....They are my new favorite topping...Thanks AkaGal...

Kam-- ...You will find all kinds of support not just for sticking with your plan and making food enjoyable, but also all sorts of topics...The information is wonderful and so are the people....Genuinely honest and very kind...

SC--interesting refeed plan...I think I read about this on my catch up at the end of last month's thread...Please keep us informed on how it affects your weight loss...

BM-- nice to see ya !

IM2F--Not for very long...Glad to see ya

I hope I am caught up now...

I am currently looking at the different plans...I have been sort of mulling all the plans that I mentioned above and I will probably have a good mix of them all with the majority of my time spent on a meaty regiment...I don't really mind eating meat...I have taken an introspective about my lifestyle change the last few weeks and I realize that if I eat the veggies that I so love like brussel sprouts, artichokes and asparagus every now and again, incorporate some cheese every now and again, I will not be in a 'battle of the bulge' the majority of the time...I think self control is our main opponent and if you are sticking to plan more days of the week than not, you will do fine...Remember, enjoy life in a controlled way and don't feel bad when you 'mess up'...Jump back on and try again....We are taking the first steps right here by acknowledging some kind of food addiction and are getting control of it...We are doing well ladies (and gentleman) ..Being right here on this forum says alot about us as people trying to get a morsel of clarity on this issue...We are doing it..Have a wonderful rest of the day...Take care..
Old 05-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #149
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GT

I am terrified of the YO YO. I am going to get Dukan's book.. Maintenance is getting close for me, time to start reading up! ( I am so fearful)

GT, youve been at the low weight quite a while. what do you do now? are you maintaining already? still losing?
How long have you been on stillmans?

-Tanya
Oh me too. It scares the hell out of me. I keep reading the awful statistics of people who lose weight-something like only 1 in 20 keep it off.

Do get the Dukan book, it's good.

I don't really know what I'm doing!!! I really want to lose more. I don't seem to be though!! I think I'm getting 'smaller' and 'thinner' though, especially since Christmas. Boney in all the wrong places!!
I've pretty much done Stills since the beginning. It's probably more like Dukan, though I didn't know it. His second phase. I've eaten lf yoghurt, some berries and apples.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

Be the hoakey!!!! We have forest fires at home!! Us!?? It's been the hottest April on record!!!
Closed Thread