Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 10:50 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Al, I'm glad it all worked out. You and Mom did the right thing, so many don't when it comes to defenseless animals.........

LOL excersize.......not complaining, at least we have an indoor sport

LOL Psych you trash talkin' politico.......I'm a news and pol hound too!!!!!!

Is that where they went? The Seychelles? That's where they make the shoes I can't afford, right?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stillman's_Chick
Stats: 210.2/190/150
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: April 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Stillmans Chick- I like your plans for the coming weeks. Please make sure to update us on how the refeeds go! Im also curious if you end up getting the same groggy feeling the day after the refeed that most of us get when we start Stills up again. I think thats probably the reason I couldnt go for it, but if you have great results, I may give it a whirl! So let us know!! thx!
I sure will! Today is day 7 and I'm going strong! First refeed is in the next 8 days and I'll be tracking the following things:

1. My weight on the morning of the refeed.
2. What I ate and how it made me feel right after.
3. How I feel and look the following few days (won't be weighing because I know there will be slight water weight gain).
4. My energy and general feeling during the following two weeks.
5. My weight on the morning of the next refeed.

I'll compare the losses for the first two weeks against the losses of the next two weeks. It should be interesting because I wasn't carbed up before I started Stillman's. Was eating high fat, moderate protein and very low carb for the previous month and lost 7 pounds.

I'm a scientist by nature and I am definitely experimenting on myself with this one.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Good Afternoon,

I lost a pound..I need to update my stats..It took some time to get back to pre-Easter weight..
But you got there and thats all that counts!!!! woohoo to the extra pound!!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Is that where they went? The Seychelles? That's where they make the shoes I can't afford, right?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillman's_Chick View Post
I sure will! Today is day 7 and I'm going strong! First refeed is in the next 8 days and I'll be tracking the following things:

1. My weight on the morning of the refeed.
2. What I ate and how it made me feel right after.
3. How I feel and look the following few days (won't be weighing because I know there will be slight water weight gain).
4. My energy and general feeling during the following two weeks.
5. My weight on the morning of the next refeed.

I'll compare the losses for the first two weeks against the losses of the next two weeks. It should be interesting because I wasn't carbed up before I started Stillman's. Was eating high fat, moderate protein and very low carb for the previous month and lost 7 pounds.

I'm a scientist by nature and I am definitely experimenting on myself with this one.
COOL!!!! So very detailed. I LIKE!!

I almost experimented on myself today with a carrot.. have to say it's still callin my name.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
[QUOTE=aleriaaa;14614126]You look great in your new avi Mar!! So slim!!

QUOTE]

Thanks! I was out this weekend and lots of ppl came up to tell me they noticed I've lost weight it was very good motivation to keep losing! I figured the pic could help me with that on here too!

So I broke down and weighted myself this morning, looks like I can't make it a week without waying although to be honest right now in order to stay on track I feel like I need to see the number go down to prove all this meat is worth it!

It's my friends Bday today and we are going for Sushi which is my favorite food ever! I have always really liked sashimi so I am only going to order that and drink green tea, no rice, no cake!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
COOL!!!! So very detailed. I LIKE!!

I almost experimented on myself today with a carrot.. have to say it's still callin my name.
I love Carrots, on June 1st I may allow myself 1 or 3... haha

I know veggies are good but right now I feel like veggies will turn into more, because I just restarted after a very slack April, good thing I didn't gain more that a few pounds!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
OMGoodness!

I CAN KILL MYSELF, WHAT A DING DONG I AM!!!

This morning I wake up and immediatly started eating the sugar off 6 DONUT HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I lose my mind or what. HELLO! Then I thought, you know, let me ck the carb count on that 52 carbs ladies and jents. I went to the gym and did 5o mins on the Eliptical. Will do another 50 on treadmill and go for a 45 min walk, just to freakin break even...

SO STUPID!

I NEED ENCOURAGEMENT Y'ALL. PLEASE HELP ME.

CAN we start posting what we eat so I can get back on track. Al, do a daily post for me for a few days, will ya?

Hugs,
B
Old 05-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I love Carrots, on June 1st I may allow myself 1 or 3... haha

I know veggies are good but right now I feel like veggies will turn into more, because I just restarted after a very slack April, good thing I didn't gain more that a few pounds!
there must be no more mention of carrots..
Old 05-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
what are your favorite flavors?

love em all, but its probably the green tea peach mango tea, for me!

only one I dont care for is strawberry. they add caffeine to that one, and it just has an "off" taste to me.
AL-

I am OBSESSED with the following flavors: White Grape, Raspberry Lemonade, Cranberry Lemonade, Black Cherry, Pomengranate Lemonade

I am also OBSSESSED with Diet Peach Mango Snapple in the bottle

-Tanya
Old 05-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
It's my friends Bday today and we are going for Sushi which is my favorite food ever! I have always really liked sashimi so I am only going to order that and drink green tea, no rice, no cake!
you are on a mission tonight!!! you can do it!!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
OMGoodness!

This morning I wake up and immediatly started eating the sugar off 6 DONUT HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I lose my mind or what. HELLO! Then I thought, you know, let me ck the carb count on that 52 carbs ladies and jents. I went to the gym and did 5o mins on the Eliptical. Will do another 50 on treadmill and go for a 45 min walk, just to freakin break even...

SO STUPID!

CAN we start posting what we eat so I can get back on track. Al, do a daily post for me for a few days, will ya?

Hugs,
B
Oh No Bethy!! I give you a lot of credit for stopping at the licks and getting some exercise. I think you rock!! So..my menu today, so far was ground turkey..yesterday was steak for lunch, steak and lobstertail for supper. I really shouldnt have even been hungry today with all the food I ate yesterday, but had some turkey for the fun of it.

Mar just started a really cool thread called Meaty May - gonna be filled with menus!!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
there must be no more mention of carrots..
OMG
I would give life and limb for a carrot

Its funny how, as times passes, the cravings just kind of go away
I get so full so fast, I would never thought I would be the type of person to take a few bites of something and be full
I've always had a HUGE appetite, like a nice big black girl should ! ( HA HA)

I had a great lunch, tuna + mustard+ egg ...I am desiring turkey though, so tonight after the gym I am heading to the store

My fiancee has put me on "bone watch"..so he said if he sees another bone start to protude, that my weight loss has to stop. I told him I am close to goal and not to worry.
My goal is actually 140, and I am only 3 lbs away which WILL be gone this week. And the 135 is just for wedding sakes, but my normal weight goal will be 140-145 to maintain....

He is SO silly... bone watch? really?

Anyway, I lie, I do crave cake right now.... Give me CAKE
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

I used to love to dissolve the wasabi in my soy sauce when I went out for sushi.... mmmmm
Old 05-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Quote:
I used to love to dissolve the wasabi in my soy sauce when I went out for sushi.... mmmmm
Me tooooo! I swear I could eat ANYTHING dipped in wasabi & soy sauce.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
OMG
I would give life and limb for a carrot

Its funny how, as times passes, the cravings just kind of go away
I get so full so fast, I would never thought I would be the type of person to take a few bites of something and be full
I've always had a HUGE appetite, like a nice big black girl should ! ( HA HA)

I had a great lunch, tuna + mustard+ egg ...I am desiring turkey though, so tonight after the gym I am heading to the store

My fiancee has put me on "bone watch"..so he said if he sees another bone start to protude, that my weight loss has to stop. I told him I am close to goal and not to worry.
My goal is actually 140, and I am only 3 lbs away which WILL be gone this week. And the 135 is just for wedding sakes, but my normal weight goal will be 140-145 to maintain....

He is SO silly... bone watch? really?

Anyway, I lie, I do crave cake right now.... Give me CAKE

I know all about bone watch!! hubby thinks I should stay right where I am, too. Last year, when I went down to 113, I was all bones (cept my legs).. tanya, this is YOUR week. You have made it!!! Have you tried on the dress again?

It would be great if you could practice maintenace before the wedding so you can see how you react to veggies/other things. emotionally and physically. after being long term on meat, you might want to know how your tummy reacts, and how you are able to control the carbs and not eat everything in site. (not that I think you will, but its something I may do)

My long term with meat was much longer than 2 months, but when I started eating again on my vacation, i became completely constipated and put on a lot a weight in a very fast time. dont want this to be you on your honeymoon, girlie!!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
this is probably stillman friendly.. if people are including salt.

heck. its better than the ketchup thats allowed, right...
Old 05-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I know all about bone watch!! hubby thinks I should stay right where I am, too. Last year, when I went down to 113, I was all bones (cept my legs).. tanya, this is YOUR week. You have made it!!! Have you tried on the dress again?

It would be great if you could practice maintenace before the wedding so you can see how you react to veggies/other things. emotionally and physically. after being long term on meat, you might want to know how your tummy reacts, and how you are able to control the carbs and not eat everything in site. (not that I think you will, but its something I may do)

My long term with meat was much longer than 2 months, but when I started eating again on my vacation, i became completely constipated and put on a lot a weight in a very fast time. dont want this to be you on your honeymoon, girlie!!
My dress fitting is on May 10th, so I am not trying on the dress again until then. The last time I had a measurement, I confirmed that my dress is 2 whole sizes too large at this point.

In my eyes I will always be large and heavy, I dont see thin and I dont see bones.
I understand that is a problem I must handle.

We have a few vacations planned for the end of June and also in September, so I have no intention of just jumping off stillmans and shoving carbs down my throat

My exit plan will be alternating 1 week of Stillmans, and then 1 week of the Stay Slim eating plan that is listed in his book

I will have cheat days here or there, but I plan to stick with this for a while.

I like being slimmer and I hate having to work out all the time, so this way of eating really helps me.

I wont be off stillmans even after the wedding. So on the honeymoon, I will not be eating everything in sight, but I will be drinking, of course..

The wedding is June 4 but the honeymoon is not until June 30, so I have time to test eating plans, etc etc.

I dont want to exit the plan just yet, I am going to study his Stay Slim plan, and frame my lifestyle around that.. I dont ever want to go back to my yo yo diets and my old ways of eating...

Last edited by akagal20; 05-03-2011 at 11:38 AM..
Old 05-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #109
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kam1814
Stats: 257/233/140
Start Date: March 29, 2011
Hello to all of you Stillman's success stories. I've been lurking on your board for a couple of weeks now and decided to post. I'm currently doing medi-weight loss, but it's becoming a bit expensive, so I've purchased the Stillman QWL diet book and based on the Amazon tracking, it should be waiting for me when I get home

I'm really glad I found this board because before this, I had never heard of Stillman's. I'm also glad I've found you guys because if I decide to leave medi I'll need some accountibility since I won't be paying for weigh-ins and menu ideas. I figure, the stats on this board are amazing, so obviously you're on the right track and with the money I save, I can start buying new clothes that actually fit instead of using belts for the pants and out-dated shirts.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
OMGoodness!

SO STUPID!

Hugs,
B
I did a Meaty May post its to post menus to give accountability
Old 05-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam1814 View Post
Hello to all of you Stillman's success stories. I've been lurking on your board for a couple of weeks now and decided to post. I'm currently doing medi-weight loss, but it's becoming a bit expensive, so I've purchased the Stillman QWL diet book and based on the Amazon tracking, it should be waiting for me when I get home

I'm really glad I found this board because before this, I had never heard of Stillman's. I'm also glad I've found you guys because if I decide to leave medi I'll need some accountibility since I won't be paying for weigh-ins and menu ideas. I figure, the stats on this board are amazing, so obviously you're on the right track and with the money I save, I can start buying new clothes that actually fit instead of using belts for the pants and out-dated shirts.
Welcome!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
AL-

I am OBSESSED with the following flavors: White Grape, Raspberry Lemonade, Cranberry Lemonade, Black Cherry, Pomengranate Lemonade

I am also OBSSESSED with Diet Peach Mango Snapple in the bottle

-Tanya
You guys have alot more flavours than we do
Old 05-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Welcome!

I think stillmans has to be the cheapest diet ever! LOL
You just buy meat.
I am glad you have the book. I keep my mine on hand 24/7.. I follow its guidance very closely

Also you may look into getting the QWL cookbooks, I bought mine for $5 on Amazon.com...has tons of super easy recipes to help things from being so tedious

I am supposed to upload some, I just havent taken the time due to work/school/wedding..however I will soon!

Last edited by akagal20; 05-03-2011 at 12:16 PM..
Old 05-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thats how I eat it too!!!! best way to do it really, I always eat the side of ginger, thats probably not allowed anymore is it?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You guys have alot more flavours than we do
Mar922-

Yes that may be true

I also buy other brands other than Crystal LIght so that is why I have more flavors. I buy the store generics, plus I get the Snapple ones, the Gatorade ones, the Ocean Spray brand ones, and the Ice tea ones..
THey all are in the little shake up packages, I pour them into my water and shake shake

There is also a new kind by the brand of Mio. It comes in a capsule, and you squeeze the flavor liquid into your drink, and shake it up. I like the Mio because it comes in liquid form and not powder so its far neater and makes more sense on the go ( and it works great for squeezing into a vodka/water and adding that FLAVA)..

MiO Liquid Water Enhancer — It's a remote control of fruit flavor

The mio is freaking awesome, of course, no sugar, no cals, no carbs...and what is best is you can add how much you need to and then snap the top back closed! so if you just want a touch of taste and not a whole package, no problem.

I am SUCH a spokesperson when I find something I love.

I keep a MIO in my purse at all times....has saved my life in a pinch

Last edited by akagal20; 05-03-2011 at 12:04 PM..
Old 05-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Information about my fav: MIO Water enhancer!
Flavors:
Mango Peach
Berry Pomegranante
Strawberry Watermelon
Peach tea
Sweet tea
Fruit Punch

MiO was created to abolish the anguish and boredom of passive beverage drinking. Because, you know, stuff is better when it's yours. Why, then, do people settle for one-size-fits-all drinks? We couldn't answer that question, so we created MiO.

MiO liquid water enhancer lets you make up to 24* drinks however you want. Simply add as much or as little MiO as you wish and create your dream beverage. Then, chug and repeat. You may wonder where we've been all your life. That's a normal reaction.

Now our mission is to expand the horizons of the young and thirsty. To redefine what a drink can be. To make sweet drinkable art in pretty colors. Who's with us?

Introducing MiO. Available in six epic flavors. For about $3.99 a pop.

Want to dive in deeper? Check out our FAQ here. If that feels a bit forward, start with this abbreviated nutritional cheat sheet:

WHAT'S IN MiOEach of MiO's six flavors is:

Caffeine-free
Calorie-free per 8 fluid ounce serving
Carbohydrate-free and considered a free exchange
Sugar-free
Free of artificial flavors
Kosher
Gluten-free
Cruciverbalistic
Tasty
Good-looking
MiO is sweetened with sucralose, a calorie-free, artificial sweetener that is 600 times sweeter than sugar. To maintain color and freshness, MiO does use certain preservatives and artificial colorings.

MiO Liquid Water Enhancer — It's a remote control of fruit flavor
Old 05-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Morning, all! Down .5 lb today. Not much, but I'll take it. My pants are fitting pretty much the same, but my shirts are a little baggy in the stomach area. I haven't measured myself, I've just been going on what the scale says and how my clothes fit. I can't wait to move down a size. I think I have 10-15 more pounds until I can do that.

I have hardboiled eggs in the fridge, all kinds of stuff in the freezer, tuna in the pantry, so I'm set for food today. I just have to remember to feed the kids.

I hope everyone has a great day today!
Hi! Here's to baggy shirts!! You'll drop that size in less than a fortnight!!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Love the avi Tanya!!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stillman's_Chick
Stats: 210.2/190/150
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: April 27, 2011
Quote:

Welcome and congrats on your weight loss so far! Stillman's is awesome. Being a newbie myself I'll let you know that for the first couple of days you'll feel tired and headachey but once you get past that you'll feel great and your appetite will be gone. All the best for your future success.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats on the loss too, Tanya!
Closed Thread