Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
news of note.........

Quinault Tribal Enterprise of Taholah, WA is recalling all canned seafood products including all Salmons, smoked and non- smoked; Tuna, smoked and non-smoked; Smoked Sturgeon; Minced Razor Clams; smoked Razor Clams; and smoked Steelhead. The canned seafood products are being recalled because they were not adequately processed according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's low-acid canned food regulations.

Organic Food Bar, Inc. of Fullerton, CA is issuing a voluntary recall on the specific listed lots of RAW Organic Food Bars listed below, because they may contain undeclared peanut proteins from cashew butter supplied by one of the vendors. These bars are being recalled because they are made with the same lot of cashew butter that was used in previously tested chocolatey chocolate chips bars.

Satur Farms of Cutchogue, NY is recalling 88.5 pounds of Satur Farms Cilantro, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.

Bay Valley Foods, LLC is recalling approximately 188,181 pounds of Reduced Sodium Chicken Noodle Soup because it may contain an undeclared allergen. The product label indicates that the can contains Chicken Noodle Soup; however, it may contain Cream of Chicken Soup. The product was prepared using an ingredient blend that contained milk, a known allergen, which was not declared on the label.

Oberto Sausage Company, a Kent, Wash., establishment is recalling approximately 772 pounds of beef jerky products because they contain an undeclared allergen, soy, which is not declared on the label.

Tri City Cheese and Meats, Inc., a Kawkawlin, Mich. establishment, is recalling approximately 87 pounds of Teriyaki Flavor kippered turkey and beef products because they contain wheat and soy, which are not noted on the label.

Elsie Grace’s Dry Food Company of Frankfort, Kansas is issuing a recall of some dip mix and soup mix products because they may contain undeclared milk, soy, or wheat. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk, soy, or wheat run the risk of serious or life threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.

Woodsmoke Provisions, LLC is voluntarily recalling forty pounds (40 lbs.) / 160 packages of the The Fresh Market Signature Collection Atlantic Smoked Salmon in 4 oz. retail packages with lot code 1459/2, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.

Jonathans Sprouts of Rochester, MA is upgrading its recall of conventional alfalfa sprout products with a specific sell-by date to include all of its alfalfa products, conventional and organic, with all sell-by dates, as a precaution, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.

L&M Companies, Inc. of Raleigh, NC is issuing a voluntary recall of one lot (1590 cartons) of whole cucumbers because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. No illnesses have been reported in association with this recall, and no other products are involved.

Doctor’s CarbRite Diet of New Brunswick, NJ is voluntarily recalling all lots of the 2 oz. Chocolate Brownie Doctor’s CarbRite Diet Bar that are missing the allergen statement, “Allergy Alert: Made on equipment that also processes soy, milk, egg, peanuts and tree nuts”, due to possible peanut allergen cross-contamination.

"Higher vitamin D dose could help elderly protect eyesight," by Martin
Beckford (_Daily Telegraph_ [London], April 11, 2011).
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...-eyesight.html

"Moderate exercise improves brain blood flow in elderly women"
(Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of Science], Apr.
12, 2011).
Moderate exercise improves brain blood flow in elderly women

"Aging: Work Longer, Live Longer," by Ben Forer (_American Broadcasting
Corporation_, April 13, 2011).
Aging: Work Longer, Live Longer - ABC News

"Study doubts anti-aging claims for DHEA," by Amy Norton (Reuters Health,
April 14, 2011).
Study doubts anti-aging claims for DHEA | Reuters

"Patients with do-not-resuscitate orders fare worse," by Frederik
Joelving (Reuters Health, Apr. 18, 2011).
Patients with do-not-resuscitate orders fare worse | Reuters

"Musical Activity May Improve Cognitive Aging" (Emory University
[Atlanta, Georgia] news release via Eurekalert [American Association for
the Advancement of Science], Apr. 20, 2011).
Musical Activity May Improve Cognitive Aging | Woodruff Health Sciences Center | Emory University

"Higher levels of social activity decrease the risk of cognitive decline,"
(Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of Science], April 25,
2011).
Higher levels of social activity decrease the risk of cognitive decline

.....good reason to party on into your eighties! -CC

"Older and Colder," by Paula Span (_New York Times_, April 27, 2011, Blog).
Note: _NYT_ requires free registration before providing articles.
Older and Colder - NYTimes.com

"U of I (University of Illinois--Champaign-Urbana] study: Before you
start bone-building med(ication)s, try dietary calcium and supplements"
(Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of Science], May 2,
2011).
U of I study: Before you start bone-building meds, try dietary calcium and supplements

"Researchers find that aspirin reduces the risk of cancer recurrence
in prostate cancer patients" (Eurekalert [American Association for the
Advancement of Science], May 1, 2011).
Researchers find that aspirin reduces the risk of cancer recurrence in prostate cancer patients

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oops double post
Old 05-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
Evening everyone! Finally have a moment to read all the new posts for May. I gave up trying to catch up with April. I have been exercising like crazy but my hunger is still really high so I have been naughty.

Today I had zero appetite so I didn't eat very much. I never have been much of a breakfast eater but today I made two eggs and that really tied me over until I made two beef hotdogs for dinner.

I have made it through one day with no cheats and looking forward to another tomorrow.

Hopefully I will be able to post more often! Darn that girl at work for making me work every single second I even feel guilty going online at lunch

Have a great night everyone.

151 .8 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 Goal 110
Old 05-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cat, do you put holes in the dog casings and boil them to get out the salt and fat? I was just thinking about a nice hot dog.......
Old 05-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AL if you get a moment ask your DH if he does Asvanced System Care.......I loaded version 4 the other day and now the program is unresponsive........uninstalled and reinstalled and it quit before loading.......does he have a better program?
Thanks girl!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
AKA still in Cali?

BFM gorgeous photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I got another Foster Puppy this weekend he is a 95 pound Bernese Mountain dog he is purebred and has the most beutiful personality, someone just abandoned him in the country and they were gonna put him down! so sad. Now I have another reason to walk more! I already have my 2 dogs and let me tell you I may have over 200 pounds of dog walking on my left but the arm workout I am getting from the 40 pound crazy puppy on the right is killer haha.
Aw, I'm jealous of your new foster pup! I love Bernese Mountain Dogs. I think they are just beautiful. I would love to foster dogs, but DH won't let me. I don't know why he thinks that 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, a scorpion, and a fish are enough to deal with in our tiny little house? I LOVE my dogs, and the added benefit of walking them is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I am back from Cali
Welcome back, and congratulations on staying on plan! I'm sorry your trip was a bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Meant to say---whoever talked about putting an X on the calander for every day that was perfectly on plan---I think that's a brilliant idea!!! I mit have to steal that!!!
That is a great idea! I may have to steal it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Butterflymam-----another stunner in our midst!!
Thanks!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
2 finals down and 2 more to go.

I am 206.2 today! Wohoooo. I'm sorry I can't type as much.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post

Congrats on the 2 finals down

I have only 1 final exam, and its this Friday, so I am just studying for the one.
I am anti-school mode right now

Good job on the loss. Time for you to break through 200 in a few weeks.
I know you can do it
Old 05-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

You are doing great! Good luck on your remaining finals.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ssabrina
Stats: 192.5/163.5/130 Height: 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: Restart 12/6/11
Glad to see everyone is doing well.

I have a couple questions: This is my second day--how long will I feel groggy/out of it?

And will crystal light type drinks stall me?
Old 05-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabrina View Post

I have a couple questions: This is my second day--how long will I feel groggy/out of it?

You should start feeling better within a couple days. It really varies for everyone. Just make sure to eat if you're hungry, and hang in there. It will get easier and then you will start feeling great!

I did Stillman's many years ago and was able to drink Crystal Lite without a problem, but if you aren't seeing a loss and are sticking with the diet, it would be a good idea to cut it out. Also, make sure to drink enough plain water. Water is always the best!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:47 AM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:

Good luck!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:48 AM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Congrats on the 2 finals down

I have only 1 final exam, and its this Friday, so I am just studying for the one.
I am anti-school mode right now

Good job on the loss. Time for you to break through 200 in a few weeks.
I know you can do it
You too!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:50 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Hi! You'll feel groggy for another day or two, max. It's your body switching from burning carbs to burning fat!
Al drinks CL and it doesn't stall her. Everyone is different though.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Morning, all! Down .5 lb today. Not much, but I'll take it. My pants are fitting pretty much the same, but my shirts are a little baggy in the stomach area. I haven't measured myself, I've just been going on what the scale says and how my clothes fit. I can't wait to move down a size. I think I have 10-15 more pounds until I can do that.

I have hardboiled eggs in the fridge, all kinds of stuff in the freezer, tuna in the pantry, so I'm set for food today. I just have to remember to feed the kids.

I hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:54 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:

Ssabrina-

I drink crystal light by the GALLON plus TONS of diet sodas, and I have been able to lose consistently without any stalls for the whole time I have been on Stillmans.
IF I had to cut Crystal LIght, I would probably die. I lost 17 LBS in a month ( and still losing) and that included drinking crystal light hand over fist.

I also make Crystal light Ice pops as a treat!

Last edited by akagal20; 05-03-2011 at 07:03 AM..
Old 05-03-2011, 06:59 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Quote:
Ssabrina-

I drink crystal light by the GALLON plus TONS of diet sodas, and I have been able to lose consistently without any stalls for the whole time I have been on Stillmans.
IF I had to cut Crystal LIght, I would probably die. I love 17 LBS in a month and that included drinking crystal light hand over fist.

I have to try crystal light ice pops I love my cold treats!

and I didn't realize you'd lost 17 pounds in a month congrats!!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
You look great in your new avi Mar!! So slim!!

tanya- 17 pounds is awesome!!! You are so on a roll, and congrats on letting nothing get in your way!!!

butterfly- So nice to see you! So pretty!!

sabrina- I agree with the girls! Just another day or two and you'll be golden!! I drink Crystal Light all the time without a problem.

icandoit- you are rockin it!! WTG!!

Cat- Keep it up! You can do it!!! Keep these next few days clean girl. This is it!!!

Beth- So glad to see you back!! Awesome job getting to goal!! Skinny jeans are the best!! missed ya girlie!

CC- I'll ask hubby tonight! BTW- All the kittens are adopted, and the mama too!!! and they all went in pairs! Im so happy that everything worked out, and now I can get my mom/babysitter back! She been too busy with those kittys!!! and thanks again for all your help!!

GT- Size 2 skinnies!! awesome!!! I'll be right behind ya!! and I have to agree about what your always talking about inches lost even though the scales not moving much. My jeans are fallin off these days! yeah!

Stillmans Chick- I like your plans for the coming weeks. Please make sure to update us on how the refeeds go! Im also curious if you end up getting the same groggy feeling the day after the refeed that most of us get when we start Stills up again. I think thats probably the reason I couldnt go for it, but if you have great results, I may give it a whirl! So let us know!! thx!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

flavor sprinkles... Tanya, I think thats gonna be your new name!! But Im convinced. I will be picking some up!!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
and that included drinking crystal light hand over fist.

what are your favorite flavors?

love em all, but its probably the green tea peach mango tea, for me!

only one I dont care for is strawberry. they add caffeine to that one, and it just has an "off" taste to me.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

So, somehow I've lost another pound today. I got really, really tired this afternoon, so I napped for about 30 minutes. I woke up and decided to weigh myself again, and there it was. I even checked my scale with a 10 lb weight to be sure. It looks like I will be in the 170s sooner than I thought...2 more pounds. Woohoo!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good day all!

I finally was able to do my two mile walk jog for the first time since December. I refuse to go out in less than 35F It really makes me feel back on track.

Mother's Day reminder it's this Sunday...just shipped out Mum her care package.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
So, somehow I've lost another pound today. I got really, really tired this afternoon, so I napped for about 30 minutes. I woke up and decided to weigh myself again, and there it was. I even checked my scale with a 10 lb weight to be sure. It looks like I will be in the 170s sooner than I thought...2 more pounds. Woohoo!
FANTASTIC!!! Im gonna try going in for a nap right now, to see if I have the same luck!!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al thanks for the kitty update-good job!!!!!!!!!!! I was afraid I was going to make the drive to CT but ya know I would have if needed!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
good day all!

I finally was able to do my two mile walk jog for the first time since December. I refuse to go out in less than 35F It really makes me feel back on track.

Mother's Day reminder it's this Sunday...just shipped out Mum her care package.
Great job CC!!! I need to get on track and start walking!! Thinking the perfect time would be after I drop them off from school in the AM.. yup. thats ma plan for tomorrow!!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hahaha the nap diet I could so do that one!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah it kinda sucks that BF is home Mondays and Fridays so I only get to go walk three days.
Oh but we are excersizing in other ways I forgot about that..........
Old 05-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al thanks for the kitty update-good job!!!!!!!!!!! I was afraid I was going to make the drive to CT but ya know I would have if needed!
you are so sweet!! I really didnt think it would all go so smoothly. easy for me to say since I wasnt the one cleanin up after em! I cant say enough how relieved I am that they all found good homes and they at least got to stick with one member of their family. The last one to get picked up, they took the mama too! so awesome!!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
yeah it kinda sucks that BF is home Mondays and Fridays so I only get to go walk three days.
Oh but we are excersizing in other ways I forgot about that..........
Hooray for exercise!!!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Afternoon,

Wish I could write more..My schedule is soo full lately...Maybe tonight I'll be able to address all you wonderful ladies (fellas)..It seems as though you are all doing excellent...I lost a pound..I need to update my stats..It took some time to get back to pre-Easter weight..

Oh, I wanted to address GT's question about OBL...It would have been nice to catch him alive, but since he began shooting after the seals tried to catch him breathing, the only alternative in protecting their lives was elimination....I guess my reaction is a bit muted because I really have no reaction....I am just taking it all in as an avid political/news reader (love the politics and everything about this country and others)....I usually digest all the information from different perspectives about news like this...It is very fascinating the whole background of it and the leads with the courier and the tracking and the decision making by our President...The pictures of the Situation Room and the heavy burden of failure if the plan was not implemented properly or there was a loss of life or injury...Really interesting..If he was captured alive, I think that would be the trial of the century and would be even more apocolyptic than killing him..I mean imagine, he is the mastermind of implementing 9/11 and had ties with the subway explosions in Briton and other asinine attempts and deaths in many countries..Remember USS Cole?.. .Just imagine the hysteria if he were caught alive? The media coverage would be more insane than it is now.. People thought that capturing SH alive was amazing since we had not caught the first one that GWB pursued and left out there to continue to harm everyone worldwide(But I digress)...I mean, sorry to say, but the Royal Couple are an after thought now (generally no one really cares when they go to the Seychelles)...I wish them well, but reality, lives and terrorism are alot more serious than a couple getting married (they will generally deal with the same 'couple problems' that all marriages deal with in private..of course their public life will be scrutinized)....JMHO...

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 05-03-2011 at 10:47 AM..
Closed Thread