Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #841
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
I've gone from 226lbs to 154lbs since January 14, 2011.
YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!! I already knew you were but to spell it out like that! Im speechless.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #842
Blabbermouth!!!

Just had my turkey,egg,cottage cheese goulash!! yum! (I did however eat 1.5 portions..) OH WELL! It was good!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #843
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
I think I just found my saving grace! Stillmans friendly "ice cream"!!!!!!!!!!

Protein Packed Low Carb Ice Cream

Makes two servings

Ingredients:
Lemon Variation:
1 cup of cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
4 tablespoons sugar-free sweetener--
For ALL NATURAL sugar-free sweetening, use both of the following:
-3 tablespoons erythritol
-1/8 teaspoon pure stevia extract
Old 05-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #844
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
ok ok Al, I do see your point.

Someone has got to figure out Maintenance
I am willing to try

-Tanya
Oh thank goodness for you!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #845
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Just had my turkey,egg,cottage cheese goulash!! yum! (I did however eat 1.5 portions..) OH WELL! It was good!
It still sounds good I will have to try that
Old 05-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #846
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post

Makes two servings

Ingredients:
Lemon Variation:
You girls are gonna turn me onto a monster with these recipes!!! But this is so much fun!!! thx!!

PS- I even picked up jello, but havent made it yet..
Old 05-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #847
Blabbermouth!!!

GT...did you ever think we would be eating cottage cheese????
Old 05-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #848
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You girls are gonna turn me onto a monster with these recipes!!! But this is so much fun!!! thx!!

PS- I even picked up jello, but havent made it yet..
If it stops me from craving ice cream I will try it haha

I had jello mixed with cottage cheese today, it wasn't bad but I prefer the jello on its own and the cottage cheese in omelets
Old 05-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #849
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post

Makes two servings

Ingredients:
Lemon Variation:
Mar!!

ooh yeah, this sounds great

Thanks!!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #850
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Al

What is a goulash?

how do I make that?

-T
Old 05-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #851
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh thank goodness for you!
if I flub up maintaining, I am going to be a stillman lifer like you and GT

so just know that
Old 05-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #852
Blabbermouth!!!

To me, goulash is a mix of whatever you have in the fridge!!!

I cooked up my ground turkey, scrambled in a few eggs, mixed in the cheese and 2 TB of the tomato puree, and added a bit of water... probably doesnt sound very good but this is coming from the girl whose eatin bowls of plain meat every day for 2 months..LOL
Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #853
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
MAR! I love that Ice Cr Idea.

There's an Egg White Merange recipe that we can litterally eat ALL DAY LONG if we want and lose, lose, lose. It's like only egg whites, cr of tartar, splenda and whatever ext. you want. I'll find it. I'll go over to k i m k ' s site and grab a few there too.

Like choc pudding made with protein powder, whites and some thickening stuff. ITS AMAZING! WE CAN STAY IN KETOSIS OUR WHOLE LIVES WITHOUT KILLING OURSELVES WITH SUGAR. WE NEVER HAVE TO EAT A DROP OF SUGAR AGAIN AND STILL ENJOY LIFE AND FOOD.

I believe Atkins is the way to maintain. I see it all the time.

Also, ck out Sugarfreesheila. She lost all her wt with FATKINS and has maintained for almost a decade. She has great ideas and recipes as well.

choa for now.

B
Old 05-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #854
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Does anyone else eat fatfree plain Greek yogurt on Stills? I just compared the nutritional info, and it looks pretty comparable to FF cottage cheese. I have been eating it every once in a while and it hasn't affected my loss. My only problem with it is that I love it, so I have to control myself with it.

1/2 C FF Fage (plain)=
65 calories
0 fat
42.5 sodium
4.5 carbs
11.5 protein

1/2 C FF C. Cheese =
(365 brand, organic)
80 calories
0 fat
390 sodium
4 carbs
14 protein
Old 05-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #855
Senior LCF Member

What a great idea Butterfly... And, look at the reduction in sodium. WOW I'm gonna try it out.

Hugs,
b
Old 05-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #856
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Afternoon,

I just got slammed so hard in the morning with patients...I new it was too good to be true getting home early yesterday...

Anyway, I hear some great things going on..Vacations, Maintenance, a fabulous picture of our Duchess of Cambridge pre-Stillman's, a cottage cheese recipe for ice cream and gulash (interesting), gains and loses...

You know, we are all here to help one another whether it be through savagely telling the truth, great conversation, advice on life or weight loss and just light banter..This thread has a unique set of people with common ultimate goals with a different course for each...It is very individual...Very personal...But regardless of our short comings, the support is amazing and you should all be proud of each of your individual successes..

I want to draw my attention to the conversation of maintenance and getting there..Our journey is tossed with stops, starts, gains, decreases and the final push to where we want to be. The question we must ultimately decide is this: When should we healthfully begin maintenance? We all have our goal weights, but where is your ideal weight for your body type and height? Is it at 115lbs 5'9 and with a medium built or 5'3 115lbs 5'3 with a medium built? Which one sounds more probable? These are basic and honest conversations that everyone should be having with themselves. I hear allusions to models and certain sizes, but when you think about it, what is best for YOU that YOU can maintain for the future? It cannot be possibly at a weight that you are not realistically going to be able to maintain and attain..

Dr. Stillman discusses that you should get to your ideal weight and try to transition into eating some veggies or other allowable foods in the staying skinny plan, and remain within 3 pounds of your ideal..If you start to creep up, start QWL without hesitation...Now I read all of your maintenance planning with eating this or eating that and I would agree that to maintain and be happy for our lifetimes, endulgances should not be off the table, but WITH MODERATION...It is not realistic to think that there are some days whether on vacation or outings or whatever, where your basic Stillman regime will be compromised...

So, when you get to your ideal weight( ), and you don't add more fat or other things, your body will continue to depreciate...So, you should not be afraid of getting there or sabbotage your progress, because of your anxiety of getting there.. If you feel anxiety and you are within 10lbs start to add more fat or other veggies or things with very very few carbs..You will lose slower, but at least you will get there and not have anxiety when you get to your ideal/goal weight..Anxiety is never good with anything...Relax yourself and be realistic

I look at my stats...I am 5'5" and sm/med built..Should I be striving for 120 or between 130 and 140? Realistically, from my medical knowledge, I should try to stay between 135 and 140. Then, I evaluate my palate...I love cheeses and all kinds of cultural food (Indian, Ethiopian, Thai, Moroccan, Japanese, Mexican) that is not allowable at the time...I haven't eaten any fruits except strawberries, blueberries, raspberries last summer on Atkin's...I do like Granny Smith Apples, Asian pears and mangoes(there are sooo many possibilities)...There is a host of things I would like to eat, but I don't..Don't get me started on Old World Eastern European Bread or the darkest Rye/Pumpernickle Bread possible warmed with loads of butter (Yummy)..But I want to be able to in moderation...So if I pace myself by adding more fatty %'s of meat at the moment and am still able to lose, I'm getting myself prepared for maintenance...I might even add a few salads in a couple weeks after dipping below 140 and see if I can still lose..But those times will be planned and with lots of water..***Disclaimer--All of the foods mentioned above have not been tasted, tested or tried in over a year of losing weight***

You all are very special people with great goals in life outside of weight...This is just a side thing...A side show, if you will, in your life..I know it is front and center right now, but after you get to ideal, 'MAINTENANCE WITHOUT GUILT' should be your mantra or MO...Eat meat most of the time, but give in to those desires in moderation...When you have an uptick, go back to basics...Go back to your roots...You shouldn't feel guilt and you shouldn't have any regrets...Live life...

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 05-12-2011 at 11:37 AM..
Old 05-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #857
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Amazing and wise post, PD! Thank you!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #858
Senior LCF Member

It is good the PyschDoc here to keep us crazies UNDER CONTRL

You have a good point.
No need in going off the deep end here, just be realistic and take it day by day

Thats some great advice, especially allowing for compromises!!

-T
Old 05-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #859
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stillman's_Chick
Stats: 210.2/190/150
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: April 27, 2011
Hi ladies! Just popping in to give a small update...

The refeed yesterday went as planned and man was I stuffed! Funny thing is when I put all that I had to eat in front of me it wasn't that much food by volume but of course carbs expand in the stomach. Add to that me drinking my usual amount of water (added crystal light as a treat!) and I felt bloated and full just like I knew I would. To tell the truth I ended up having to toss a bit of the food because I just couldn't bring myself to eat it, I was so full. I didn't and still don't feel sick at all. No headaches, no upset stomach, nothing like that.

Today I woke up feeling great and the bloated feeling was completely gone. In fact when I put my clothes on they feel looser than they did before! I'm going to wait until Sunday to weigh again for the weekly weigh in thread and see what's up at that time. Going off of how I look and feel though I don't think I've gained as much water weight as the refeed article warns is possible. I'm hoping that getting this refeed in will supercharge my losses for the next 2 weeks until the next scheduled refeed day on the 25th.

It was a nice break from meat, fish and eggs and I definitely feel a renewed strength in my muscles, but in all honesty wasn't that enjoyable (tummy so full!). However if it boosts my leptin levels and keeps the fat loss high I'm all for it. Can't wait to see what the next 13 days brings.

Keep up the great work guys. Everybody in this thread is a winner. Anybody's who's fallen off the wagon just brush your self off and get right back on. This is more of a mental thing that a physical thing I think. Stay strong! Vivibee you are a rock star!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #860
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dominais
Stats: 265/200/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 1/28/13
Almost a week in and my cravings are fading away. Definite appetite decrease. I had to force myself to have lunch today - I wasn't hungry.

Reading all of your stories really keeps me on track - especially the young woman who lost 72 lbs since January. What an accomplishment!

I've been really active since December, going to the gym and lifting and whatnot, with minimal weightloss. I took the cardio pretty easy this week, to adjust to Stills. I'm too addicted to the weights to take a break though.

I got some Zumba DVDs today that I'm actually excited to try out - who all uses Zumba?
Old 05-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #861
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillman's_Chick View Post
Hi ladies! Just popping in to give a small update...

The refeed yesterday went as planned and man was I stuffed! Funny thing is when I put all that I had to eat in front of me it wasn't that much food by volume but of course carbs expand in the stomach. Add to that me drinking my usual amount of water (added crystal light as a treat!) and I felt bloated and full just like I knew I would. To tell the truth I ended up having to toss a bit of the food because I just couldn't bring myself to eat it, I was so full. I didn't and still don't feel sick at all. No headaches, no upset stomach, nothing like that.

Today I woke up feeling great and the bloated feeling was completely gone. In fact when I put my clothes on they feel looser than they did before! I'm going to wait until Sunday to weigh again for the weekly weigh in thread and see what's up at that time. Going off of how I look and feel though I don't think I've gained as much water weight as the refeed article warns is possible. I'm hoping that getting this refeed in will supercharge my losses for the next 2 weeks until the next scheduled refeed day on the 25th.

It was a nice break from meat, fish and eggs and I definitely feel a renewed strength in my muscles, but in all honesty wasn't that enjoyable (tummy so full!). However if it boosts my leptin levels and keeps the fat loss high I'm all for it. Can't wait to see what the next 13 days brings.

Keep up the great work guys. Everybody in this thread is a winner. Anybody's who's fallen off the wagon just brush your self off and get right back on. This is more of a mental thing that a physical thing I think. Stay strong! Vivibee you are a rock star!
Stillmans Chick!

You are a winner too

Keep it up, you seem to have this whole thing down to a science!

Way to go

-Tanya
Old 05-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #862
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
MAR! I love that Ice Cr Idea.

There's an Egg White Merange recipe that we can litterally eat ALL DAY LONG if we want and lose, lose, lose. It's like only egg whites, cr of tartar, splenda and whatever ext. you want. I'll find it. I'll go over to k i m k ' s site and grab a few there too.

Like choc pudding made with protein powder, whites and some thickening stuff. ITS AMAZING! WE CAN STAY IN KETOSIS OUR WHOLE LIVES WITHOUT KILLING OURSELVES WITH SUGAR. WE NEVER HAVE TO EAT A DROP OF SUGAR AGAIN AND STILL ENJOY LIFE AND FOOD.

I believe Atkins is the way to maintain. I see it all the time.

Also, ck out Sugarfreesheila. She lost all her wt with FATKINS and has maintained for almost a decade. She has great ideas and recipes as well.

choa for now.

B
Beth

Tell me more about why you believe Atkins is the way to maintain? I believe you, and I would like more information.

Do you have a good website I can read? I know you mentioned a few blogs and I cant recall all that you said. help!

-Tanya
Old 05-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #863
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for your insight, Doc! Dr. Stills says that for my body type et. al. 130=150 is the magic for me. FYI, I was a model in NYC and had a recording contract with Epic Records, (back in the day) and I was a skinny mini. 120 and I wasn't too skinny. I kinda looked like a Victoria Secret Model. For me 130 is perfect but like most on these boards, we'd like to have a bit of wiggle room here and there.

I believe in loving yourself every step of the way. I've never been one to freak and gorge or flip and starve. The wt. comes on me steady and I lose it steady as I never allow myself to starve, be anxious or wrought up over wt.

Once my Thyroid crashed, learning how to heal my own body taught me patience and diligence. To God be the Glory. "knowledge is power"! GIven that, I concur. No matter what the goal, know matter what the process, BREATHE, LEARN AND BE SET FREE!

Old 05-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #864
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sallyb
Stats: 210/193/154
Start Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Thanks Vivi

I like your idea of an active lifestyle

I know that is the key, even beyond this diet.
We must just keep active, whether it be gym or whatever!
Body for life is awesome and so are the many other similar programs

I think now that school is over, I will try to get back in my fitness instruction. maybe teach a few classes at the gym, and help other people.. plus it will help hold me accountable.

Fitness is really important, it always has been to me.. just never could get the diet part right!

-Tanya
So true Tanya esp the last paragraph.
I am committed to doing Crossfit but I have decided that I will omit my extra cardio stuff for a few weeks as you suggested in an earlier post re exercise and concentrate on getting the food right.

Also I will enjoy my hols long awaited and well deserved

Sally
Old 05-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #865
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! I've been really busy. Just finished your posts now. Congrats on all the losses, and Sabrina it's prob the water weight from workiing out or the salt--don't worry, it will cone right back down-stick to Tanya's advice!
Re goal weights and sizes-I think your goal weight should be whatever weight you feel happy at, regardless of charts, and that is different for everyone. Yes, a low weight and a lower fat percentage are going to be harder to maintain, but hey nothing is easy! If you want something badly enough you will work hard at it. It depends on how much work you are willing to put into it-how important it is for you.
For me personally(cos I reckon some of that post was meant for me!) I do think my goal weight is realistic. I admit fully that it will be hard to maintain, I have never thought otherwise--that I will have to work out constantly and basically stay on a version of Stills. But for me, at this time, it's worth it. Would I like to lie lazily on the sofa?? Yeah!! Would I like to be able to eat what I want and not have to think about it? Hell yeah!! But then I wouldn't look the way I want to look. It's as simple as that. And I want to wear what I want,I want to have confidence when I walk down the street---so if I have to eat very little and work out a lot, then so be it. It's a trade off! Everything in life is. Contrary to what we've been told nope, ya can't have your cake and eat it(literally!)
For me self confidence is tied up in the way I look. Yes, I do know it shouldn't be that way--I've listened to the Dr.Phils and Oprahs of the world saying that your body image should be separate from your self image. That it's what's on the inside that counts. Yes, of course it is. I can seperate the two. But as I said confidence comes in knowing that I look the way I want to. And the look I like (on me) is the very thin 'catwalk model' look, with a bit of the long lean dancer's look thrown it!!
I know that look is not for everyone. But it seems as though from people around me -it's as if it's something that's ok for others to have, but somehow it's not ok for me. Why not? Because I used to weigh 250lbs? Or because it makes them uncomfortable?
I know in Hollywood the perception of what an ideal weight is is extremely low and unhealthy, but I think in order to over compensate for that we in normal everyday society have gone the other way. We have talked ourselves into thinking we're a healthy weight with a healthy body fat when in fact we're actually overweight(bf%wise)--that is especially with the dangerous trend for vanity sizing. I have read people on LCF saying they can wear tiny sizes at 160lbs. (that's why I know then that I should be taking the smallest size in the store)Now in my opinion that weight is not in any way healthy for a woman--unless you're extremely tall. And I'm with Dr.Still and his idea that there is no thing as 'big-boned'. I know there's the putting your fingers around your wrist to determin it---but ya know what, you put on and lose weight off your wrist too, yet your fingers don't get any longer or shorter!!! And people say oh but I take a big shoe size---but I can tell ya I've gone down 2 shoe sizes---so that argument doesn't hold up either!!! IMO!!
And my final word---you know when overweight women say oh I'm comfortable at this weight blah, blah(I never said that BTW) and then they lose weight and then suddenly nope, the truth comes out!! Well ask yourself, if you were to be hypnotised and asked what your goal weight or size was and really what your build was---------I can gurantee they would be a lot lower than you'd admit!!! Think about it!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #866
Senior LCF Member

Hey T!

I'll post those links later, as I have to rush off to work.

Hang tight, doll. I'm so excited to share what I've learned over the course of 10 yrs. LCing.

Hugs,
b
Old 05-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #867
Big Yapper!!!!

Tanya you said if you got any smaller you'd have to wear children's clothes!! Well yup ya will! I can!! (and before anyone says anything, it was not a goal) but hey they're cheaper and cuter---so why not!!! Got my delivery of 2 Tommy Hilfiger wedges and a preppy shirt dress today(age14)---that were almost identical to the adults versions but just with a slight girlie twist--and half the price---so result!!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #868
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah I eat ff greek yoghurt occasionally-loooove the stuff---and it's incrediblly filling!!
And cottage cheese ice-cream---nooo I won't be indulging!! i'm over cottage cheese now. I sat down for dins with a pot abd could literally take 3 forkfulls--the rest went in the trash!!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #869
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Tanya you said if you got any smaller you'd have to wear children's clothes!! Well yup ya will! I can!! (and before anyone says anything, it was not a goal) but hey they're cheaper and cuter---so why not!!! Got my delivery of 2 Tommy Hilfiger wedges and a preppy shirt dress today(age14)---that were almost identical to the adults versions but just with a slight girlie twist--and half the price---so result!!
I think I need to see pictures of these clothes, did you get those shoes yet? I wanna know if they are as cute in real life as they are in the pic before I pay 25 £ just for shipping!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #870
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yeah I eat ff greek yoghurt occasionally-loooove the stuff---and it's incrediblly filling!!
And cottage cheese ice-cream---nooo I won't be indulging!! i'm over cottage cheese now. I sat down for dins with a pot abd could literally take 3 forkfulls--the rest went in the trash!!
I'll let you know how the ice cream turns out, I don't like cottage cheese unless its in something but if this gets me through my ice cream cravings I will try it because ice cream is my one HUGE weakness
Closed Thread