Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #811
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Soldier On
Stats: 240/---/198-g1/160-g2
WOE: Atkins since 1998/LC
Start Date: 4/1/11-restart Atkins; 5/1/11-Stillman, VLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
As much as you need! Even it it seems like too much. Your portions will taper off in time and your quick weight loss will not be effected!!

Great job breaking the stall!!! Here;s to many more pounds lost in the days to come!!
I am beginning to experience the wisdom in this! Not counting calories, but still peekin'.

Eggs are a stall breaker it seems. Thanks for LC friends' support

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2011, 08:12 AM   #812
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier On View Post
I am beginning to experience the wisdom in this! Not counting calories, but still peekin'.

Soldier on!

Yes. EGGS EGGS

Eggs can never harm us, at least not in my experience

-Tanya
Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #813
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
This is excellent advice! On this diet, even one bite of something not allowed can set you back for days....believe me, I know! You have to be all in, all the time. Stick to Stillman's food 100% of the time, drink TONS of water, and you should lose quickly. I like Tanya's advice to eat the same thing every day too. That keeps it simple and takes the variables out.
I try an eat the same things everyday because then you know what real hunger is after days of chicken if you are thinking mmm chicken you know you are actually hungry haha
Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I try an eat the same things everyday because then you know what real hunger is after days of chicken if you are thinking mmm chicken you know you are actually hungry haha
Mar

literally at lunch yesterday, I had a stare down with my chicken breast

I couldnt not get myself to eat the darn thing. I drank a tank of water, and was full, and then literally I Cut the breast up into tiny pieces like a little kid would, and then I sprinkled some parm cheese on there for taste
Then I ate each little piece with a fork, all the while, grimacing with each bite.

I am so glad today is the final chicken day for a little while.

Its almost lunch time, and I am not looking forward to it!!!

The weather is bad here!

I want some Chilli, does anyone know a way we can have Chilli on Stillmans?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #815
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Sabrina,

ok here it is.

First, try not to have any more cheats right? I mean, literally, none. Period. nada. Its too soon!

The only way to gauge your progress and to make sure your menus are right and to get Stillman to work for you, is to stay firmly on task with this diet.

There is no way to say if its working or not, unless you follow strict and then watch your progress. Here is my advice to help you. I am going to guess that you are not an exception to Stillman. I really dont think anyone is Sabrina!

!. Don't work out during the first few weeks, so you can watch your foods and your weight, and see what stalls you and what doesnt. If you work out you cant tell if the loss is from eating the right thing or from the gym. I didnt start working out until week 3 of Stillman, at that point I already figured out which foods were perfect, then I added in the gym

2. another trick is to literally eat the exact same foods for about 5 days in a row. Literally have the same menu for 5 days and watch your scale, see what happens. I would have turkey bacon for breakfast, tuna and egg for lunch, and turkey burger for dinner, and consistently lose weight, you would too. I am sure of it

3. How is your water intake right now? Literally, chug water every day until you cant take it anymore, that will flush out salts!!!

ok try this and lets see who is the exception

-Tanya
Oh Tanya, you are the voice of reason - no nonsense, practical, damn straight advice. You lay it all out!

Summer is just around the corner ladies, let's get 'er done!

ps I agree about laying off the exercise, cardio is great for your heart but in terms of weight loss, diet is the most important. Weights are great for strength, tone, and upping your basal metabolic rate so if you MUST exercise, go for the free weights, kettle bell, strength bands, etc.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #816
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier On View Post

I heart my hardboiled eggs! And, I just read they are tops for boosting your serotonin levels - that explains my good mood!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #817
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
Oh Tanya, you are the voice of reason - no nonsense, practical, damn straight advice. You lay it all out!

Summer is just around the corner ladies, let's get 'er done!

ps I agree about laying off the exercise, cardio is great for your heart but in terms of weight loss, diet is the most important. Weights are great for strength, tone, and upping your basal metabolic rate so if you MUST exercise, go for the free weights, kettle bell, strength bands, etc.
Vivi-

I defiinitely agree with exercise!!

I do at least 3 times per week, no fail

My point was at the start of Stillmans when you are trying to get your food and menus right, and check for things that will stall you, etc etc, its best not to work out right at first
once you get your menu and plan right, and you know what works, what doesnt, etc etc, I feel like we can work out all the time..its just not needed much, except for toning and firming, and breaking through stalls
I try to hold off on major cardio blasters until I need a breakthrough...it works every time

-Tanya
Old 05-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #818
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=aleriaaa;14639744][quote=vivibee;14636871]

Which bring me to eggs and cottage cheese... Now for me and my meat plan of the past, these are cheats. I eat two eggs and I want two more and I make sure to have another 3 before i go bed, cause I think I wont have them tomorrow. Thats bad, I know.. :blush: I never liked cottage cheese, but I avoided it because its cheese, of course! and theres nothing Al likes better than cheese!! Cheese doesnt have a chance with me!

I totally do that, I love to label foods bad and good! It's annoying. I layed off cheese (all of it, incl cottage cheese) for the first 5 weeks because I know once the cheese train leaves the station, it's gonna be a long ride for me and on Atkins, its was Cheese all the live long day. Cheese and nuts. but I have a little less variety since I haven't jumped on the meat bandwagon yet - rationally, I'm completely there but, for now, I can't quite take the plunge. Baby steps.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #819
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Vivi-

I defiinitely agree with exercise!!

I do at least 3 times per week, no fail

My point was at the start of Stillmans when you are trying to get your food and menus right, and check for things that will stall you, etc etc, its best not to work out right at first
once you get your menu and plan right, and you know what works, what doesnt, etc etc, I feel like we can work out all the time..its just not needed much, except for toning and firming, and breaking through stalls
I try to hold off on major cardio blasters until I need a breakthrough...it works every time

-Tanya
Oh, I agree with exercise! I think it keeps your energy, keeps your heart healthy, etc. I was trying to explain that the emphasis should be on those wonderful benefits and not so much as a weight loss tool. But, clearly, it's worked wonders for you in combination with diet!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #820
Major LCF Poster!

[quote=vivibee;14640383][QUOTE=aleriaaa;14639744]
Quote:

Which bring me to eggs and cottage cheese... Now for me and my meat plan of the past, these are cheats. I eat two eggs and I want two more and I make sure to have another 3 before i go bed, cause I think I wont have them tomorrow. Thats bad, I know.. :blush: I never liked cottage cheese, but I avoided it because its cheese, of course! and theres nothing Al likes better than cheese!! Cheese doesnt have a chance with me!

I totally do that, I love to label foods bad and good! It's annoying. I layed off cheese (all of it, incl cottage cheese) for the first 5 weeks because I know once the cheese train leaves the station, it's gonna be a long ride for me and on Atkins, its was Cheese all the live long day. Cheese and nuts. but I have a little less variety since I haven't jumped on the meat bandwagon yet - rationally, I'm completely there but, for now, I can't quite take the plunge. Baby steps.
Vivi,

Did you lose all the weight since this January (2011) or Last Jan?

Your results are great! I do the good bad thing too, but lately I have been eating the very bad stuff so I bought cottage cheese yesterday because its allowed and I am tired of feeling gross from the very bad stuff... The stuff I used to love now gives me a tummy ache I think this is a good thing!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #821
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh, I agree with exercise! I think it keeps your energy, keeps your heart healthy, etc. I was trying to explain that the emphasis should be on those wonderful benefits and not so much as a weight loss tool. But, clearly, it's worked wonders for you in combination with diet!
Vivi-

I must say, I work out 70% less than I did before Stillman
I was a GYM RAT...thats why most people attribute my current weight loss to gym, they assume I must still be doing my crazy old regime...haaha.. I let them think that! Its easier

I just sit on my butt and allow my body to burn its own fat happily and quickly!!

Yesterday when I was trying on dresses for my graduation and for my bridal shower party, my friend who was helping me shop, looked at me and said
" You have absolutely NO fat on you, at all. Your stomach is nearly concave...I wish I could spend as much time as you do in the gym"....it was all I could do not to toss my head back and say, no way dude! I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster yesterday at snails pace!The diet DOES ALL THE WORK!!!

Love Love Stills
Old 05-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #822
Senior LCF Member

[quote=Mar922;14640412][quote=vivibee;14640383]
Quote:

Vivi,

Did you lose all the weight since this January (2011) or Last Jan?

Your results are great! I do the good bad thing too, but lately I have been eating the very bad stuff so I bought cottage cheese yesterday because its allowed and I am tired of feeling gross from the very bad stuff... The stuff I used to love now gives me a tummy ache I think this is a good thing!
Hey Legs! I started on Atkins in July '10, lost 30lbs then stalled. I've gone from 226lbs to 154lbs since January 14, 2011. Geez, now that I write that it astounds me! I can only attribute those great results to Stillman, one you get through the start of it, it feels like coasting and the transformation is so quick. Tomorrow's my Friday morning weigh in, I'm a bit nervous because it's TOM (and the scale in general causes me anxiety) but we shall see.
I know about the tummy ache, when I go on a little carb fest now, it turns into carb torture! I just feel so much better on a low carb way of eating. Keep it up Mar, you look amazing.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #823
Major LCF Poster!

[quote=vivibee;14640480][quote=Mar922;14640412]
Quote:

Hey Legs! I started on Atkins in July '10, lost 30lbs then stalled. I've gone from 226lbs to 154lbs since January 14, 2011. Geez, now that I write that it astounds me! I can only attribute those great results to Stillman, one you get through the start of it, it feels like coasting and the transformation is so quick. Tomorrow's my Friday morning weigh in, I'm a bit nervous because it's TOM (and the scale in general causes me anxiety) but we shall see.
I know about the tummy ache, when I go on a little carb fest now, it turns into carb torture! I just feel so much better on a low carb way of eating. Keep it up Mar, you look amazing.
That is amazing! it just goes to show how well this WOE works and I thought I was doing good with my 30 pounds lost since Jan haha. What do you eat in a typical day?

You look great too and cute puppies in your pics! are the Papilions?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #824
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sallyb
Stats: 210/193/154
Start Date: May 2011
Quote:
Woohoo Sally!!! Bring on Day 2!!!
Cheers Al Day 2 went well and I have decided I will weigh once a week eventhough I feel like jumping on the scales daily on this diet.

I am going on holiday in June to Gran Canaria a beach holiday so whilst I will not be slim by June I am aiming to lose as much weight as possible by following Stillmans, exercising plus today I had a universal contour body wrap which can help you drop inches.
I used this body wrap before you are bound up like a mummy the bandages are immersed in a clay like substance and then you lay there for about an hour in that state.
I really did lose lots of inches mostly water/toxins which stayed off for about 30 days which is what they promise.
I know Stillmans will get me to my goal weight but this wrap just helps alittle for this holiday.

Sally
Old 05-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #825
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyb View Post
Cheers Al Day 2 went well and I have decided I will weigh once a week eventhough I feel like jumping on the scales daily on this diet.

I am going on holiday in June to Gran Canaria a beach holiday so whilst I will not be slim by June I am aiming to lose as much weight as possible by following Stillmans, exercising plus today I had a universal contour body wrap which can help you drop inches.
I used this body wrap before you are bound up like a mummy the bandages are immersed in a clay like substance and then you lay there for about an hour in that state.
I really did lose lots of inches mostly water/toxins which stayed off for about 30 days which is what they promise.
I know Stillmans will get me to my goal weight but this wrap just helps alittle for this holiday.

Sally

Sally

Ive been thinking about a wrap myself

They have a discount at one of the local spas here

hmm, maybe

-Tanya
Old 05-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #826
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Good Morning, Ladies!

I'm so happy another day has passed and I'm one day closer to goal!

Please, take the time and visit Linda Sue's Recipe Site. We NEVER have to go back to Carb Mania again. If we stay in a "Fat-burning mode" we can indulge in much fat and low carb treat. This is just the way that it is!

VIVI! I"m utterly blown away by your success. HOLY CR-P! You've lost 20 lbs a MONTH! That's 72 lbs since January. DOESN'T THAT BLOW YOU AWAY!

You should be the poster child for STills. Man, thanks so much for sharing and being with us on these boards.

Have a wonderful day, gals. Tanya, I bet you drop another 15 and find that you really like this better. I'm 5'9.5 and I weigh around 145 and want to get to 125-130. I'm VERY small boned and at my current wt. I'm fat and have yucky butt and back legs. I'm sure you'll know when to stop. You look so beautiful right now and you should be so proud of yourself.

Hugs,
Beth
Old 05-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #827
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sallyb
Stats: 210/193/154
Start Date: May 2011
Quote:
Sally

Ive been thinking about a wrap myself

They have a discount at one of the local spas here

hmm, maybe

-Tanya
Well Tanya I was a bit embarrassed because as you can see from my stats I am NOT small and the slim beautician had to bind my body.

I was topless and I am v.heavy chested and was wearing a paper thong!!!!

Just goes to show what I will do to look abit better for my hols.

What got me through the embarrassment was the fact I knew I was addressing my excess weight through my diet with Stillmans and exercising to get myself fit and healthy.

Sally
Old 05-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #828
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyb View Post
Well Tanya I was a bit embarrassed because as you can see from my stats I am NOT small and the slim beautician had to bind my body.

I was topless and I am v.heavy chested and was wearing a paper thong!!!!

Just goes to show what I will do to look abit better for my hols.

What got me through the embarrassment was the fact I knew I was addressing my excess weight through my diet with Stillmans and exercising to get myself fit and healthy.

Sally
Sally!

You are correct

You did not have to be ashamed because you know you have a great plan in the works

Also you were doing the wrap as an assist to your other program, not just putting all your eggs in one basket so to speak

nothing wrong with your getting the wrap ! Every bit helps for sure

I hope your trip turns out really wonderful for you!

-Tanya
Old 05-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #829
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Good Morning, Ladies!

Please, take the time and visit Linda Sue's Recipe Site. We NEVER have to go back to Carb Mania again. If we stay in a "Fat-burning mode" we can indulge in much fat and low carb treat. This is just the way that it is!

VIVI! I"m utterly blown away by your success. HOLY CR-P! You've lost 20 lbs a MONTH! That's 72 lbs since January. DOESN'T THAT BLOW YOU AWAY!

You should be the poster child for STills. Man, thanks so much for sharing and being with us on these boards.

Have a wonderful day, gals. Tanya, I bet you drop another 15 and find that you really like this better. I'm 5'9.5 and I weigh around 145 and want to get to 125-130. I'm VERY small boned and at my current wt. I'm fat and have yucky butt and back legs. I'm sure you'll know when to stop. You look so beautiful right now and you should be so proud of yourself.

Hugs,
Beth
Beth, if you are 145 at nearly 5'10, you must be thin but I know how our MIND can trick us. Why just yesterday I was pinching at my inner thigh and frowning at the shape of my bottom!! Even when I am 145 lbs at 5'8, I am pretty slim. Right now at 138, My size 4 clothers are starting to slide off! If I dropped down, I would have to shop at kids section!
I think it wouldnt hurt to get down lower to 130, just for swimsuit season..see you are already being a bad infuence Beth!!
ok I am changing my stats and my goals

Everyone Thank Beth!!

-Tanya

Last edited by akagal20; 05-12-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #830
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Vivi-

I must say, I work out 70% less than I did before Stillman
I was a GYM RAT...thats why most people attribute my current weight loss to gym, they assume I must still be doing my crazy old regime...haaha.. I let them think that! Its easier

I just sit on my butt and allow my body to burn its own fat happily and quickly!!

Yesterday when I was trying on dresses for my graduation and for my bridal shower party, my friend who was helping me shop, looked at me and said
" You have absolutely NO fat on you, at all. Your stomach is nearly concave...I wish I could spend as much time as you do in the gym"....it was all I could do not to toss my head back and say, no way dude! I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster yesterday at snails pace!The diet DOES ALL THE WORK!!!

Love Love Stills
Wow, what a feeling! You must be on Cloud nine, you look absolutely radiant and beautiful, completed your masters, about to marry your love...wow.

I've gone through high exercise phases, it helped that my post college/pre marriage life, I lived in NYC - a half block from Central Park. I walked EVERYWHERE! Rollerbladed the loop constantly. Ran 3x per week. Of course, my m.o. after exercise, was to meet my girls for drinks and appetizers!! I was NEVER skinny during my NYC days but I managed to maintain a size 10/12. I only started to BALLOON up after my husband and I moved out of NYC. Now, I've streamlined my exercise to the Body for Life formula. 3 high intensity 20 minute interval workouts, 2 strength workouts. It seems to be changing my body, my arms are getting leaner, my hip bones are making an appearance, etc. Also, just not carrying around all the extra weight has made me MOVE more. I dance around a lot, I walk the dogs more and more - although, that hardly counts as exercise since they have to check their p-mail every two seconds! Anyway, I'm so happy for your success and all the blessings going on in your live right now Tanya!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #831
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow, what a feeling! You must be on Cloud nine, you look absolutely radiant and beautiful, completed your masters, about to marry your love...wow.

I've gone through high exercise phases, it helped that my post college/pre marriage life, I lived in NYC - a half block from Central Park. I walked EVERYWHERE! Rollerbladed the loop constantly. Ran 3x per week. Of course, my m.o. after exercise, was to meet my girls for drinks and appetizers!! I was NEVER skinny during my NYC days but I managed to maintain a size 10/12. I only started to BALLOON up after my husband and I moved out of NYC. Now, I've streamlined my exercise to the Body for Life formula. 3 high intensity 20 minute interval workouts, 2 strength workouts. It seems to be changing my body, my arms are getting leaner, my hip bones are making an appearance, etc. Also, just not carrying around all the extra weight has made me MOVE more. I dance around a lot, I walk the dogs more and more - although, that hardly counts as exercise since they have to check their p-mail every two seconds! Anyway, I'm so happy for your success and all the blessings going on in your live right now Tanya!
Thanks Vivi

I like your idea of an active lifestyle

I know that is the key, even beyond this diet.
We must just keep active, whether it be gym or whatever!
Body for life is awesome and so are the many other similar programs

I think now that school is over, I will try to get back in my fitness instruction. maybe teach a few classes at the gym, and help other people.. plus it will help hold me accountable.

Fitness is really important, it always has been to me.. just never could get the diet part right!

-Tanya
Old 05-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #832
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Beth, if you are 145 at nearly 5'10, you must be thin but I know how our MIND can trick us. Why just yesterday I was pinching at my inner thigh and frowning at the shape of my bottom!! Even when I am 145 lbs at 5'8, I am pretty slim. Right now at 138, My size 4 clothers are starting to slide off! If I dropped down, I would have to shop at kids section!
I think it wouldnt hurt to get down lower to 130, just for swimsuit season..see you are already being a bad infuence Beth!!
ok I am changing my stats and my goals

Everyone Thank Beth!!

-Tanya
haha, what does your fiance think of the new goals? or are you keeping it a secret from him?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #833
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Good Morning, Ladies!

Hugs,
Beth
Okay Beth, you are challenging me right now. I will NOT have you call yourself "FAT" - please, even Dr. Stillman, the hard ass of all hard asses would say you're at a fine weight. I completely understand if you want to get a little thinner, a little more toned but DO NOT CALL YOURSELF FAT, not on my watch sistah! This is said with all the love in the world Beth.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #834
Senior LCF Member

p.s Beth, thank you for the recipes, i'm excited to give them a try!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #835
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
p.s Beth, thank you for the recipes, i'm excited to give them a try!
Thanks to Beth for recipes, from me too

I am a RECIPE addict right now
Old 05-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #836
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
haha, what does your fiance think of the new goals? or are you keeping it a secret from him?
Mar

haahaha, not really, plus he does get to see these message boards, considering they are pretty much public!

He doesnt mind a lower weight at all for wedding/vacations/summer, but his preference is 145 for me, thats for sure. He has made that clear

-Tanya
Old 05-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #837
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mar

haahaha, not really, plus he does get to see these message boards, considering they are pretty much public!

He doesnt mind a lower weight at all for wedding/vacations/summer, but his preference is 145 for me, thats for sure. He has made that clear

-Tanya
yeah, is he still on bone watch? lol
Old 05-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #838
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
so to me, it would seem like your way is the only way to have "Stay slim" eating, not what Stillman says!

So in your 2 years you dont mess with anything other than you meat/egg, products ?
No, my way is not the way! I just never tried a real maintenance. Once I went meat, I stuck with it, with a passion. think vegetarian passion..

Nine months went by and I went on an all inclusive vacation at 113 lbs. I gained back 20 pounds in 7 days. (eating/drinking whatever and not "going" once.) Once I got back home, I already had the tastes of carbs back and all the cravings to go with it and I wasnt strong enough to start over. (and I was still on the smaller side so unfortuantely, in my mind I still had leeway. The oh just one more day because I know Stillmans will take it right back off) Very bad way to think..

Little by little I went back up to 150. I would have periods of being good, but then I would fall again. It was either on meat or off and cheating, never an inbetween. I finally got my act together again this time, and I vow to do things different. Once I hit goal, I will be eating salads again, and other things here and there. I will count calories, and try to do this right.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #839
Senior LCF Member

:
Quote:
yeah, is he still on bone watch? lol
Mar,

this is my feable attempt to avoid maintenance
I have no intention of ever being 130

Actually he isnt on bone watch,I think he has adjusted to my new figure, and also because my mood is finally up he is getting with the program
When my weight is up, I am a real B-word. He is just glad I am feeling better and taking what he can get, to be honest!

Actually he said everyone around him is getting in shape, and now he says he wants to shape up before the wedding, um ok. So he is starting Stillmans on Monday, so I get to be the household Stillman expert( ie. cook)
-T
Old 05-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #840
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
No, my way is not the way! I just never tried a real maintenance. Once I went meat, I stuck with it, with a passion. think vegetarian passion..

Nine months went by and I went on an all inclusive vacation at 113 lbs. I gained back 20 pounds in 7 days. (eating/drinking whatever and not "going" once.) Once I got back home, I already had the tastes of carbs back and all the cravings to go with it and I wasnt strong enough to start over. (and I was still on the smaller side so unfortuantely, in my mind I still had leeway. The oh just one more day because I know Stillmans will take it right back off) Very bad way to think..

Little by little I went back up to 150. I would have periods of being good, but then I would fall again. It was either on meat or off and cheating, never an inbetween. I finally got my act together again this time, and I vow to do things different. Once I hit goal, I will be eating salads again, and other things here and there. I will count calories, and try to do this right.
ok ok Al, I do see your point.

Someone has got to figure out Maintenance
I am willing to try

-Tanya
Closed Thread