Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #781
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
I just made the crab meat quiche from Stillmans cookbook

I am stuffed, I may have eaten too much

umm yeah !

its good,I may add some shrimp next time

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #782
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
So, I finally got home tonight and was able to go through your engagement pictures AkaGal...Very nice...You guys look great together..

I'm really not a fan of the texture of cottage cheese, so I will refrain from commenting...I do like texture in foods which I miss with Stillman's...I must rectify this in some way...I'll investigate this more this weekend or in the next couple of weeks...

I thought I would be extremely busy today but the admits rescinded and my day was short...I got home around 5pm and that is great!! I will never complain about my job and my patient load, but a vacation is in order this summer somewhere fun....The ocean is my place of refuge, and I will never get bored of going to the beach with beautiful rich white sand and looking out yonder...It is certainly one of my favorite respites...Whenever I was on holiday from school in England, a few of us would oftentimes book flights to Spain...Beautiful and cheap for a student...You can always get good seafood, cheese and bread....A huge baguette and some sardines...The waves at the beach and the beautiful people from all over the world, not just Spaniards....Italians, Greeks, Moroccans, Tunisians, French (they are so pale)..Just a good time at the beach....I digress...I need to book somewhere nice and special just for me...I've never done this, but I am thinking of an apt renting situation or villa in Costa Rica or Ecuador...I've never been to South America/Central America, and I think it would be fun...I love traveling solo...Anyone have experience down there?

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 05-11-2011 at 06:32 PM..
Old 05-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #783
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
So, I finally got home tonight and was able to go through your engagement pictures AkaGal...Very nice...You guys look great together..

I'm really not a fan of the texture of cottage cheese, so I will refrain from commenting...I do like texture in foods which I miss with Stillman's...I must rectify this in some way...I'll investigate this more this weekend or in the next couple of weeks...

I thought I would be extremely busy today but the admits rescinded and my day was short...I got home around 5pm and that is great!! I will never complain about my job and my patient load, but a vacation is in order this summer somewhere fun....The ocean is my place of refuge, and I will never get bored of going to the beach with beautiful rich white sand and looking out yonder...It is certainly one of my favorite respites...Whenever I was on holiday from school in England, a few of us would oftentimes book flights to Spain...Beautiful and cheap for a student...You can always get good seafood, cheese and bread....A huge baguette and some sardines...The waves at the beach and the beautiful people from all over the world, not just Spaniards....Italians, Greeks, Moroccans, Tunisians, French (they are so pale)..Just a good time at the beach....I digress...I need to book somewhere nice and special just for me...I've never done this, but I am thinking of an apt renting situation or villa in Costa Rica or Ecuador...I've never been to South America/Central America, and I think it would be fun...I love traveling solo...Anyone have experience down there?
Psych

Thanks for the kind words on the engagement photos
I feel like I look kind of biggish in those photos, but thats ok
the whole point was to lose a lot from that point on and I have.
So I shouldnt be whining, and just learn to take a compliment!

so THANK YOU
-Tanya
Old 05-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #784
Senior LCF Member

Tanyas largest before

Old 05-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #785
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ssabrina
Stats: 192.5/163.5/130 Height: 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: Restart 12/6/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Tanyas largest before
Beautiful before and after but good job on the weight loss!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:18 PM   #786
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
When was the before pic taken, Tanya? Very pretty!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:06 AM   #787
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
When was the before pic taken, Tanya? Very pretty!
2008 prior to initially losing any weight the old fashioned way
Old 05-12-2011, 05:28 AM   #788
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Soldier On
Stats: 240/---/198-g1/160-g2
WOE: Atkins since 1998/LC
Start Date: 4/1/11-restart Atkins; 5/1/11-Stillman, VLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabrina View Post
Beautiful before and after but good job on the weight loss!
Very, very nice. So, there's hope for me!!
--------------------------------------------------
Dee
Still Soldiering On - A Special Forces Covert Op!! Target Date: 6/30/2011

Old 05-12-2011, 05:30 AM   #789
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillman's_Chick View Post
Morning all!

Today makes two weeks on Stillman's and as of this morning I'm sitting at 196.4; 0.2 away from 14 pounds lost! I'm super happy with this.
Oh man! Thats great results!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:34 AM   #790
Senior LCF Member

Hey

I'm an egg addicted, the last four days I've been eating a lot of them

Seems like im going through am egg phase !

Fortunately it's been making the scale look good

I think next week I want to transition back to Turkey

I cooked a huge batch of chicken this Monday an have been eating it all week and I can't take it anymore
Today Is the last chicken day for a while !

Ugh

Chicken does help move the scale , I must admit :/
Old 05-12-2011, 05:36 AM   #791
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier On View Post
I find that my hunger is not satisfied with lower fat choices and I end up looking for a sweet snack. It's a good thing I don't keep any or I'd be gaining.

The good news is that my stall is broken and I have lost another pound. I am doing the egg fast for 3 days starting today (because I love eggs, I don't have to figure out a menu, and can add a little more mayo, which I also like a lot!).
For me, its my taste buds that arent satisfied with low fat, but the beauty of it is that once you get by the first two weeks (I used to think 3-4 days, but now 2 weeks) you'll want/think/dream about other things, but you wont crave it to the point of breaking. every time you want something else just eat more of the allowed foods. As much as you need! Even it it seems like too much. Your portions will taper off in time and your quick weight loss will not be effected!!

Great job breaking the stall!!! Here;s to many more pounds lost in the days to come!!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #792
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyb View Post
Day 1 gone for me and I feel fine and have been doing Cross fit and lots of rowing today

Sally B
Woohoo Sally!!! Bring on Day 2!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:43 AM   #793
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have been eating more fatty cuts of meat lately for the satisfaction...I think after Easter and getting back on to plan, I realized that chicken breasts and tuna were not as satisfying...I started eating fattier beef cuts and higher fat ground turkey(of course in an array of ways from meatballs to burgers)...I even got some good ground chuck and those items along with plenty of water got me back to 145 in a week and now I'm 142ish(142.0-142.8 the last few days)..I think that eating this way is more realistic for me as I get closer to goal.
and the weight will still keep falling off. Isnt it amazing that you can eat such yummy foods all the time and still lose weight? You are in the zone psychedoc. 130's here you come!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:20 AM   #794
Blabbermouth!!!

[quote=vivibee;14636871]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

For now, I cheat beacuse I am more accepting of me, my weight, my look. I told you guys the other day I was all gung ho and gonna be fat free and get down to goal for good..(Thats the girl that wants the number.) Well the fat free streak didnt last. Had my ground beef last night. The only reason I can thing of that I did it is because I dont hate myself right now. Im not disgusted. Im OK (just Ok) with me. So this is progress for me.

So beautifully written AL, I know this was for Mar but it truly spoke to me. I got a little teary actually. I have been through the gamut, for my late teens, early 20s I had what seems like the required eating disorder of all young women, at my lowest I weighed 117lbs and I was so ashamed of the "fat" still on my body, in the past 5 years I gained nearly 100lbs, yup, still very ashamed. Now with this weight loss i want to let go of all that, life is tooo short, I don't have the goal to be skin and bones, I want to feel good in my body, be kind to it, and let go of the shame for freak sake. In other words, I'll take being ok with me, too. Thank you AL, your heart just shines through.
Sometimes i get a thought in my head and just go with it because it helps "me" to figure "me" out a little more. (Mar, you probably had no clue what I was talkin bout the other day, right? )

I have to say that in all my dieting years, it has truly been within the last two that my attitude has changed, and I owe it all the meat. (and my friends here) Never had I felt as good mentally and physically as I did when I was strict meat. I was a completely different person, free of diets, free of my crazy thoughts. I just kept eating meat and kept being happy ALL OF THE TIME!!!

I did fall off the meat wagon for a while and my weight crept back up, as well as the all the negatives: allergies, sadness, anxieties, laziness (more than usual)... Right now I know I wnat to get back there, but Im also realizing that strict meat forever isnt realistic. Theres always gonna be that day I may break, and I cant mentally or physically afford to slip and not get back on track. I have to start learning how to deal with this now. So Ive decided to start incorporating a few more things and hope that I can keep the same attitude and control as the weeks go on.

Which bring me to eggs and cottage cheese... Now for me and my meat plan of the past, these are cheats. I eat two eggs and I want two more and I make sure to have another 3 before i go bed, cause I think I wont have them tomorrow. Thats bad, I know.. :blush: I never liked cottage cheese, but I avoided it because its cheese, of course! and theres nothing Al likes better than cheese!! Cheese doesnt have a chance with me!

I have really enjoyed the thread lately, and all the wonderful new ideas. Its given me a breath of fresh air. So I picked up some cottage cheese, tried it, and didnt eat the whole container! (partly because I'm still not fond of the texture ) I cooked up some lean turkey, scrambled in some eggs, threw in a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese, and a few spoonfuls of tomato puree (still cant do ketchup like the doc says is OK) and it was great! Divided it into 2 meals, and was unbelievably satisifed. totally felt like a cheat, but totally stuffed me and I didnt even want to eat for the rest of the day.

Now today is going to be the moment of truth. Because of that tomato puree, I have now broke my meat streak. Im going to make the same thing today, divide it into 3 meals, and promise myself not to have anything else. Wish me luck.....

ramble over....
Old 05-12-2011, 06:23 AM   #795
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I think my best contribution to these boards will be when I go to the Stillman stay slim plan...risky business, but I will have to soon ( um like maybe October!!)... I can help others understand how to maintain, and I have agreed to be a guinea pig!
If I try something and I gain, I will say, hey guys, um yeah, so dont do that! LOL... ugh, not looking forward but we will see.

I love the Low carb friends website, so helpful and so friendly...these diets are tough, but you guys have made it seem so easy!
Wait for me!!! I want to "Stay Slim" too!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:25 AM   #796
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post

I just finished my "Cherry Delight" and I'm completely satisfied, and pleasantly happy. I LOVE STILLMAN'S! Since I allowed myself to INDULGE in the FF Cottage Cheese world, I've not been happier. So funny, before T shared the recipes, my brain went right for the Jello treats and Whala, I'm in dieter's heaven. Man, this is a dream come true, isn't!
ALL HAIL COTTAGE CHEESE!!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:27 AM   #797
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
the best workout of all..........mow! That grass was my 81T(H tonight!
i love to mow the lawn, and rake... I just have a hard time getting on the floor and doing crunches... I need to go to your bootcamp ranch, CC!!! Im sure you have acres for me!!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #798
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Tanyas largest before

Still beautiful before!!! Tanya, what an amazing transformation.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Al!

Hello there! I miss you but I know you are super busy. I should be busy considering what all I have coming up ,but I oh well!

ok so it seems like your weight has been so stable and you have been at this forever.

Whats your best advice??? How are you keeping your weight so steady?

-Tanya
Old 05-12-2011, 06:31 AM   #800
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Al

I will wait. I am not going anywhere. I am going to be like everyone else, and just keep adjusting my "Goal weight" Down, so I dont look dumb for lingering around!

-Tanya
Old 05-12-2011, 06:57 AM   #801
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Good morning, ladies! To the new faces I see in the thread!
I'm not going to be able to catch up on all the posts, so I am just jumping back in. I've been struggling this week after my Sunday of lowcarb, but off plan eating. I was up FOUR pounds at the start of the week. I spent a couple days doing Atkins, then got back on Stillman's yesterday, and I'm down 2 of the 4 pounds. I just have to keep going, but it is really frustrating to see the scale go in the wrong direction. At least every time I go off Stillman's, the resulting struggle is enough to make it REALLY not worth it. I am LYING to myself when I think that salad, veggies, nuts, and cheese are not going to mess up my weight loss. Anyway, I have all my Stillman's food ready and waiting for me today, so I'm back on track. I hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #802
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbfever
Stats: size 24/10/9
WOE: Clean Eating/Stillmans/LC
Start Date: 2005
Good Morning beauties!

I have a very busy day today with the kiddos but I wanted to check in quickly and say hello! Yesterday was grand and I am down 2 pounds this morning. Feeling great and have SO MUCH more energy!!! Have to read the posts from yesterday and today but will catch up tonight.

Hugs,
Old 05-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #803
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Quote:

I have been to Costa Rica (bike trip all around but not the coast) and Maceio, Brazil and I recommend both I was right on the ocean in Brazil and I spent everyday walking the beaches, I also rented a condo on the ocean near Merida ,Mexico and went there by myself it was awesome! let me know where you decide to go I would love to hear what you picked!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #804
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
I have been eating dry curd cottage cheese, its .4% fat and 2 gr carbs for 1/2 cup I am really liking it because I don't like the raw eggy texture of regular cottage cheese!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #805
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ssabrina
Stats: 192.5/163.5/130 Height: 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: Restart 12/6/11
Good morning ladies. I have to be honest, I'm at a loss. But not literally. The scale says I've GAINED 2.5 lbs since Sunday. So now I'm back to 188.5. I did have a cheat last Sunday but since then I've been soo sooo strict. Working out too.

Could working out be causing these unpredictable scale results? Yesterday I also had some steamed crab and shrimp, but unfortunately, the lady put way too much salt on it. I'm going to have to start weighing in every day so I can track the things that cause the scale to stall or not move.

I've been making so many plans about what I'm going to wear, how my hair will look, etc. as soon as I reach goal. I am more motivated than ever, but I'm worried that maybe I'm the exception to the stillman rule?!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #806
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabrina View Post
Good morning ladies. I have to be honest, I'm at a loss. But not literally. The scale says I've GAINED 2.5 lbs since Sunday. So now I'm back to 188.5. I did have a cheat last Sunday but since then I've been soo sooo strict. Working out too.

Could working out be causing these unpredictable scale results? Yesterday I also had some steamed crab and shrimp, but unfortunately, the lady put way too much salt on it. I'm going to have to start weighing in every day so I can track the things that cause the scale to stall or not move.

I've been making so many plans about what I'm going to wear, how my hair will look, etc. as soon as I reach goal. I am more motivated than ever, but I'm worried that maybe I'm the exception to the stillman rule?!
Sabrina,

ok here it is.

First, try not to have any more cheats right? I mean, literally, none. Period. nada. Its too soon!

The only way to gauge your progress and to make sure your menus are right and to get Stillman to work for you, is to stay firmly on task with this diet.

There is no way to say if its working or not, unless you follow strict and then watch your progress. Here is my advice to help you. I am going to guess that you are not an exception to Stillman. I really dont think anyone is Sabrina!

!. Don't work out during the first few weeks, so you can watch your foods and your weight, and see what stalls you and what doesnt. If you work out you cant tell if the loss is from eating the right thing or from the gym. I didnt start working out until week 3 of Stillman, at that point I already figured out which foods were perfect, then I added in the gym

2. another trick is to literally eat the exact same foods for about 5 days in a row. Literally have the same menu for 5 days and watch your scale, see what happens. I would have turkey bacon for breakfast, tuna and egg for lunch, and turkey burger for dinner, and consistently lose weight, you would too. I am sure of it

3. How is your water intake right now? Literally, chug water every day until you cant take it anymore, that will flush out salts!!!

ok try this and lets see who is the exception

-Tanya
Old 05-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #807
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al!

Hello there! I miss you but I know you are super busy. I should be busy considering what all I have coming up ,but I oh well!

ok so it seems like your weight has been so stable and you have been at this forever.

Whats your best advice??? How are you keeping your weight so steady?

-Tanya
It all comes down to meat, so I dont have ANY advice on maintenance when fruit and veggies are involved. In my 2 years posting here, no one has ever conquered Stay Slim eating....

So, I eat fatty meat and cream (and occasional spirits) to maintain, and chicken and tuna to lose. Yesterday was seriously my first veggie product (tomato puree) since starting this over at 150 pounds. First time I was 189and on meat for 9 straight months. A little extreme, yes, but I felt on top of the world!!

Lets see in a few days what these eggs and cottage cheese do for me.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #808
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al

I will wait. I am not going anywhere. I am going to be like everyone else, and just keep adjusting my "Goal weight" Down, so I dont look dumb for lingering around!

-Tanya
I so know what you mean!! I think I purposely gained back all that weight so I could hang around too!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:47 AM   #809
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Quote:
Sabrina,

ok here it is.

First, try not to have any more cheats right? I mean, literally, none. Period. nada. Its too soon!

The only way to gauge your progress and to make sure your menus are right and to get Stillman to work for you, is to stay firmly on task with this diet.

There is no way to say if its working or not, unless you follow strict and then watch your progress. Here is my advice to help you. I am going to guess that you are not an exception to Stillman. I really dont think anyone is Sabrina!

!. Don't work out during the first few weeks, so you can watch your foods and your weight, and see what stalls you and what doesnt. If you work out you cant tell if the loss is from eating the right thing or from the gym. I didnt start working out until week 3 of Stillman, at that point I already figured out which foods were perfect, then I added in the gym

2. another trick is to literally eat the exact same foods for about 5 days in a row. Literally have the same menu for 5 days and watch your scale, see what happens. I would have turkey bacon for breakfast, tuna and egg for lunch, and turkey burger for dinner, and consistently lose weight, you would too. I am sure of it

3. How is your water intake right now? Literally, chug water every day until you cant take it anymore, that will flush out salts!!!

ok try this and lets see who is the exception

-Tanya
This is excellent advice! On this diet, even one bite of something not allowed can set you back for days....believe me, I know! You have to be all in, all the time. Stick to Stillman's food 100% of the time, drink TONS of water, and you should lose quickly. I like Tanya's advice to eat the same thing every day too. That keeps it simple and takes the variables out.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #810
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It all comes down to meat, so I dont have ANY advice on maintenance when fruit and veggies are involved. In my 2 years posting here, no one has ever conquered Stay Slim eating....

So, I eat fatty meat and cream (and occasional spirits) to maintain, and chicken and tuna to lose. Yesterday was seriously my first veggie product (tomato puree) since starting this over at 150 pounds. First time I was 189and on meat for 9 straight months. A little extreme, yes, but I felt on top of the world!!

Lets see in a few days what these eggs and cottage cheese do for me.
so to me, it would seem like your way is the only way to have "Stay slim" eating, not what Stillman says!

So in your 2 years you dont mess with anything other than you meat/egg, products ?
Closed Thread