Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 05:23 AM   #721
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
Morning gals,

I am down another pound today. woot woot 146.2 to be exact

Summer is in the air and I am not giving in this time...not even a taste. Just isn't worth the set back. I really don't want to look like a hippo in a swimming suit this summer

After this week I am going to try really hard to only get on the scale once a week. After the weight loss the first week begins to be more steady I can easily get discouraged. I am great out of the gate but this old nag just can't go the distance. Going to have to hide the scale from myself. I need to remember that slow and steady wins the race! May not be a pound a day but it will all add up in the end.

110 here I come
Cat,

Congrats on the loss!!!

I understand about the scale. Its hard to avoid it

I think once per week is a great method for getting on the scale, that way you arent affected by the ebbs and flows, that may affect your mood

I am doing every other day right now, but thats the longest I can go. I hope to then try 3 times per week and then taper down to 1 time.. Its SO hard

-Tanya

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2011, 05:29 AM   #722
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Tanya- oh my goodness 139!!!! You are our true Stillman champion!!!

Old 05-11-2011, 05:31 AM   #723
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominais View Post
I'm down 5 lbs since Friday. Woot!

Now I remember why I liked Stillman's so much!
Fantastic!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:32 AM   #724
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbfever
Stats: size 24/10/9
WOE: Clean Eating/Stillmans/LC
Start Date: 2005
Hello Hello Hello!

I am a little late in the game for May.. but I want to join you all!

Stillman's always works great when you want to get stick and weight off quick. I want to kick start my weight loss again. I lost a lot of weight over the last year (50 pounds) and 10 have crept back on because I have been less diligent. So I want to join Stillmans again and this thread to keep me motivated which seems to be the primary thing. I seem to be good at motivating others around me but if I stray for too long or don't have enough support myself, I get into trouble after a while! I have been a member for a number of years now, posting on and off....

Have a GREAT day everyone!

- LCF

goal: size 9
################
Exercise is my KEY to keeping my cravings in check and my attitude optimistic.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:46 AM   #725
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbfever View Post
I am a little late in the game for May.. but I want to join you all!

Stillman's always works great when you want to get stick and weight off quick. I want to kick start my weight loss again. I lost a lot of weight over the last year (50 pounds) and 10 have crept back on because I have been less diligent. So I want to join Stillmans again and this thread to keep me motivated which seems to be the primary thing. I seem to be good at motivating others around me but if I stray for too long or don't have enough support myself, I get into trouble after a while! I have been a member for a number of years now, posting on and off....

Have a GREAT day everyone!

- LCF
Lowcarbfever!

Welcome

We are glad to have you

look forward to your posts

-Tanya
Old 05-11-2011, 05:47 AM   #726
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Tanya- oh my goodness 139!!!! You are our true Stillman champion!!!

AL!

Thank you, its actually 138, but I dont want to make myself believe I am that close to goal. I dont want to leave

-Tanya
Old 05-11-2011, 05:54 AM   #727
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Tanya! You look FABULOUS by the way! You should be a model!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:02 AM   #728
Senior LCF Member

HOLY MOLY! You look incredible! Congrats!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I added some progress pics in an album I am feeling pretty proud of myself today!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:04 AM   #729
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

You don't have to leave! LOL My experience has been that it's great to have that support... you will continue to eat healthy anyway so you'll be an inspiration to everyone who's still losing! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
AL!

Thank you, its actually 138, but I dont want to make myself believe I am that close to goal. I dont want to leave

-Tanya
Old 05-11-2011, 06:04 AM   #730
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Tanya! You look FABULOUS by the way! You should be a model!
LCF,

Thank you.I actually do a bit of modeling here in my hometown
I appreciate the compliment.

-Tanya
Old 05-11-2011, 06:05 AM   #731
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Tanya,

You don't have to leave! LOL My experience has been that it's great to have that support... you will continue to eat healthy anyway so you'll be an inspiration to everyone who's still losing! =)
I think you are right, and I can help provide advice to everyone on maintanence techniques and plans

I know thats what we are all worried about most.. Its like the losing is the easiest part! Keeping it down, well now thats another story!

ok , its settled, I am here to STAY

-Tanya
Old 05-11-2011, 06:10 AM   #732
Senior LCF Member

Al-

I put up a few more recipes

I am obssessed with these cottage cheese recipes

My appetite is going down so low these days, I have to force down an entire chicken breast just to make sure I can manage.

The last few days all I have been seeming to want are boiled eggs, turkey bacon and cottage cheese, so thats what I have been eating.. More weight is coming off... I am going to go back to Turkey burgers for a bit... I think I need more energy

I've only been doing 30 minutes of exercise every other day...its so funny how that little tiny bit has been working, and nothing more is necessary

-Tanya

Last edited by akagal20; 05-11-2011 at 06:11 AM..
Old 05-11-2011, 06:16 AM   #733
Senior LCF Member

Oh MY! I need some of YOUR Tae Bo Motivation! I love Tae Bo and ZUMBA but jumped off that wagon a few months back.. used to interchange them each day.... boy did they get me firm fast.... (but I'm losing that firmness ! I gotta get back on track!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I am now doing 55 minutes of Taebo and 45 minutes of Zumba! Bring on the weight loss!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:18 AM   #734
Senior LCF Member

You know, when I got down to my smallest a few years ago, I was only eating chicken breast, eggs and lettuce (Stillmans) and I was never hungry.. just like you. My hardest part was transitioning into more normal foods... so thats the part you have to be careful of, I think. It's GREAT to never feel hungry! Have you posted any of your recipes for cottage cheese? I'm gonna go back and look more at this thread... I just jumped in here this morning after reading some last night..... :blush:

Quote:
Al-

My appetite is going down so low these days, I have to force down an entire chicken breast just to make sure I can manage.

The last few days all I have been seeming to want are boiled eggs, turkey bacon and cottage cheese, so thats what I have been eating.. More weight is coming off... I am going to go back to Turkey burgers for a bit... I think I need more energy

I've only been doing 30 minutes of exercise every other day...its so funny how that little tiny bit has been working, and nothing more is necessary

-Tanya
Old 05-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #735
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You know, when I got down to my smallest a few years ago, I was only eating chicken breast, eggs and lettuce (Stillmans) and I was never hungry.. just like you. My hardest part was transitioning into more normal foods... so thats the part you have to be careful of, I think. It's GREAT to never feel hungry! Have you posted any of your recipes for cottage cheese? I'm gonna go back and look more at this thread... I just jumped in here this morning after reading some last night..... :blush:
look at my photo album
I have recipes in my photo albums
Old 05-11-2011, 06:20 AM   #736
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think you are right, and I can help provide advice to everyone on maintanence techniques and plans

I know thats what we are all worried about most.. Its like the losing is the easiest part! Keeping it down, well now thats another story!

ok , its settled, I am here to STAY

-Tanya
Old 05-11-2011, 06:39 AM   #737
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I think I have a mental block issue and I need help, I have never weighed less (as an adult) than I do right now and the last couple times I have gotten down to this weight I sabotage myself, like I eat things I don't want just cuz they are carby or fatty or both, I don't even want them! How do I get past this fear of something new and unknown, I will still be the same person I know that but its scary!
I surely dont have the answer.. but I'll give it a go.. Could it be that you cheat at this new low weight because you are happy right now and know you look better than you ever did before. (I dont have the same fears of getting smaller, and I definitely eat things because I want them!!)

Whatever you are afraid of, any of us here can tell you that life will only get better with each extra pound we lose. Some will love the new clothes! Some will love the compliments! Some will have their docs happier cause their numbers are better! Some will love the energy we get for not carrying the extra baggage! Some will like being lite on their feet! Some will love how the bath towels wrap around 5 times! Some will finally have confidence!! Some will have it all!! Confidence is the biggie for me. When Im bigger, I have zero. Right now Im rockin at 85%.. LOL.

Stillman works so well and so fast that we literally change right before everyones eyes, including our own! Before anyone can even realize we started a diet a few weeks go by and we're already finishing one!! You are looking really good at your current weight MAR!! you have done a great job. You dont have to lose it so fast at this point. You could keep this look/weight for a bit if you are happy with what you see. Thats what counts.

In the past, I was one that wanted it faster and faster, cause I wanted to see a number and I didnt want strangers on the street to ever have any idea that I used to be fat. I changed and passed my goal weight 10 times till I didnt look quite like me anymore. I still dont know which "me" is better..

For now, I cheat beacuse I am more accepting of me, my weight, my look. I told you guys the other day I was all gung ho and gonna be fat free and get down to goal for good..(Thats the girl that wants the number.) Well the fat free streak didnt last. Had my ground beef last night. The only reason I can thing of that I did it is because I dont hate myself right now. Im not disgusted. Im OK (just Ok) with me. So this is progress for me.

So either way MAR, fast or slow, fight your fear and eat some meat girlie!!! Slow loss down with healthy food only- higher the fat OR higher the carbs from veggies. Watch the transformation take place, because fast or slow, it still will, and embrace the new and healthier you, and love it!!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:47 AM   #738
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I surely dont have the answer.. but I'll give it a go.. Could it be that you cheat at this new low weight because you are happy right now and know you look better than you ever did before. (I dont have the same fears of getting smaller, and I definitely eat things because I want them!!)

Whatever you are afraid of, any of us here can tell you that life will only get better with each extra pound we lose. Some will love the new clothes! Some will love the compliments! Some will have their docs happier cause their numbers are better! Some will love the energy we get for not carrying the extra baggage! Some will like being lite on their feet! Some will love how the bath towels wrap around 5 times! Some will finally have confidence!! Some will have it all!! Confidence is the biggie for me. When Im bigger, I have zero. Right now Im rockin at 85%.. LOL.

Stillman works so well and so fast that we literally change right before everyones eyes, including our own! Before anyone can even realize we started a diet a few weeks go by and we're already finishing one!! You are looking really good at your current weight MAR!! you have done a great job. You dont have to lose it so fast at this point. You could keep this look/weight for a bit if you are happy with what you see. Thats what counts.

In the past, I was one that wanted it faster and faster, cause I wanted to see a number and I didnt want strangers on the street to ever have any idea that I used to be fat. I changed and passed my goal weight 10 times till I didnt look quite like me anymore. I still dont know which "me" is better..

For now, I cheat beacuse I am more accepting of me, my weight, my look. I told you guys the other day I was all gung ho and gonna be fat free and get down to goal for good..(Thats the girl that wants the number.) Well the fat free streak didnt last. Had my ground beef last night. The only reason I can thing of that I did it is because I dont hate myself right now. Im not disgusted. Im OK (just Ok) with me. So this is progress for me.

So either way MAR, fast or slow, fight your fear and eat some meat girlie!!! Slow loss down with healthy food only- higher the fat OR higher the carbs from veggies. Watch the transformation take place, because fast or slow, it still will, and embrace the new and healthier you, and love it!!
AL-

What great way to think about it.

I am so glad you are on this thread

-Tanya
Old 05-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #739
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al-

-Tanya
I looked again for the sprinkles yesterday. Has Connecticut banned them?! darn it!! I am headed to one more store to look, and I may, just may pick up the cottage cheese.. I understand not wanting to eat another chciken breast..I think it may rank number one for boring, over tuna..

Nobody shoot me but I have always read on the zero carb threads that exercise is not for weight loss. That exercise/sports should be for fun and something you enjoy to do. Tanya..you are proving it right there. I know in the past you enjoyed being an athlete, but for the people out there that are over doing exercise for weight loss... I just wish they new this tiny little meat secret.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #740
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
AL-

What great way to think about it.

I am so glad you are on this thread

-Tanya
and I, YOU!!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #741
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Quote:
Hey Mar

The good point on this is that you recognize the behavior for what it is . Some people do this and they don't get it.
You can beat this , I know you can. Get steady on the wagon, I think we all deserve to be fit and thin
When you get weak, come to us !

If you feel the need to grab the carbs or fat, maybe go shop or get a pedicure , thats what I do . It helps
Oh thats a good idea, I don't know why I am scared of being healthier, I think its just that ppl are telling me I am getting so skinny, I am a size 6-8 its not like I am that small but its new to me and although I like change I must admit new is sometimes scary.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #742
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I looked again for the sprinkles yesterday. Has Connecticut banned them?! darn it!! I am headed to one more store to look, and I may, just may pick up the cottage cheese.. I understand not wanting to eat another chciken breast..I think it may rank number one for boring, over tuna..

Nobody shoot me but I have always read on the zero carb threads that exercise is not for weight loss. That exercise/sports should be for fun and something you enjoy to do. Tanya..you are proving it right there. I know in the past you enjoyed being an athlete, but for the people out there that are over doing exercise for weight loss... I just wish they new this tiny little meat secret.
Al,

I know, this is proving that

I am a huge advocate of working out and I am even a certified fitness instructor and spin instructor but I got to a point where working out was taking over my life. I saw tons of thin people who only did a few work outs for toning and called it a day.

I wondered why I had to spend hours in the gym? Not fair.
Now I know. If I eat crap and junk, sure I have to slave away, if I eat nice, neat and clean, with a few special treating meals on the weekends, I am good.

I was trained that only hard core, boot camps, and hours dying on the stairmaster would do . I spent a LOT Of money on work out tapes, DVDS, equipment, programs.. You name it, i've bought it.

Now I can just go to the gym, I go to my kickboxing classes or I do some cardio work on the elliptical machine or stairmaster, but thats it. no more than 45 minutes. I can go on with my day and my life..
obviously if I eat more then I will exercise more, but not right now....

There is more to life than just running in and out of the gym!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #743
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier On View Post
Hi LC Friends,

I originally posted my Hello post on the wrong thread (for menus) and was directed here. Hope it isn't an inconvenience to repeat it. I know I can really benefit from your experience.

So here's my story!! Please forgive me for the long intro posting.

As of May 8, my weight loss has officially stalled, especially since my big pig out on a whole Domino's 12" medium pizza-1800 c, (daily total, 2420 c, fat 115g, net carbs 211g, prot 127g), on 5/6 . I stopped eating by 8p, but I felt "hung over" the next day. Do you think this is the fall out? Carb drunk? LOL That day I weighed in at 221. 2 days later I am at 219, but still in ketosis. (BTW, I have been in ketosis since Atkins on 4/4/11.) This is a stall, considering I was losing 1 lb per day. However, I have lost 1" in my waist. Yay!!

I switched to Stillman because I found I was eating too many calories on Atkins , mostly fat, so on May 1, after fasting for 1 1/2 days--37 hrs., I loosely followed Stillman's repetition diet of egg and tomato, mostly. Lots of herbal tea, water more than 80 oz. I had 2 large eggs, 1/2 tomato, 1 tbs mayo, 2 or 3 times per day, a little spices, no added salt, sometimes 4c coffee, bullion, shredded asiago/parmesan/romano cheese (full fat), no carb soy protein isolate for a shake with choco powder, 1 serving green beans, Sweet & Low. I.F. for every other day, for between 500-700 cals per day. I lost 1 lb per day.

Additionally, each day I take a basic multi (which is not really adequate for calcium, potassium, B12, Vit C), 1/8 cup of apple cider vinegar in 2 cups water, and a self-administered B12 injection containing 500mcg of B12, in addition to a blood pressure med w/a diuretic. I believe my BP is well under control (maybe a little low) and I may need to have the Doc remove me from it soon. (He's the one who wants me under 200 by 6/30.)

I have analyzed (LOL!) my eating during the Stillman losing weight period, 5/1-5/5: 1) under 700 cals but was shooting for 500; 2) 15 net carbs, 3) higher fat, at least 43g fat, more than half the total calories (equivalent to fat grams in extra large eggs; 4) in dark ketosis - 80 mg; 5)energy output the same - 40 min walk; 6)used an IF approach-no solid food after 9p, no breakfast next day, lunch at 2p; 7) lots of herbal tea, water mostly (80+ oz). This worked as long as I had fat in my diet. I lost 7.5 lbs in a week, even with the big pig out.

After my big pig out and beginning 5/8, I thought I should cut back on fat and ate fish, green beans, higher carb dressing on the fish, more coffee, some melon. In other words, higher cals (1000-1100), higher net carbs (23-28) and lower fat (18g). Coffee was a good diuretic but I think it added to my low blood sugar response at night causing cravings for food and sugar. I snacked pickles and some cantaloupe melon. I have both Stillman books, so I know we are to keep fat low and don't count calories if we follow him strictly. But...

So, for now, I will eliminate coffee, bullion, higher carb (8g/2Tbs) dressing (even though it is TJ's yummy Asian ginger), melon and no cottage cheese. I will go back to the egg/tomato with mayo, some fish, chicken to increase fat at little, but under 700 cals/day. He has many diet variations to help accomplish this. I.F. is good for training appetite. I am having coffee for breakfast today, just to test my theory on low blood sugar. I hope to lose 5 lbs this week, down to 215 by May 15 Weigh In.

I will increase exercise after I reach my first goal of 198 lbs.

Friends, any and all comments and suggestions are asked for and welcomed. Maybe I'm panicking. So many of you are doing so well, losing steadily over the short and long term. I want to be part of that group.

Dee
Still Soldiering On - A Special Forces Covert Op!! Target Date: 6/30/2011

DEE!!! Short and sweet is you dont have to keep track of anything, anymore on Stillmans. Just eat from the list and be free of all the details!!! You will accomplish your 5 pound goal within the week, and probably surpass it! By June 30th your numbers will be in check for sure!!! Keep posting and let us know how you are doing!!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #744
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al,

I know, this is proving that

I am a huge advocate of working out and I am even a certified fitness instructor and spin instructor but I got to a point where working out was taking over my life. I saw tons of thin people who only did a few work outs for toning and called it a day.

There is more to life than just running in and out of the gym!
Is there anything you dont do!!! You are one successful lady! With all this new found time on your hands, what will you start up next?
Old 05-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #745
Senior LCF Member

Counting Calories

I think the whole aspect of counting calories is hard for some people to shake but I think it helps this whole plan work

I LOVE LOVE not having to count calories or keep a food journal.
That was my key saving grace on my previous journey to weight loss.

It was so tedious and I felt chained to it and I was always anxious about calorie counts!

With stillmans, you KNOW you are good as long as you stick to plan. Which is easy to do.

I have a lot of friends on the path to weight loss, and they send me messages about Stillmans, and I tell them they dont need to count calories and they dont agree! They refuse to stop counting and they keep asking me how many CALS I eat every day and I tell them I really truly dont know.

One of my friends even accused me of trying to be the " only one who is losing weight" and thought I Was purposely withholding my calorie count, in an attempt to ruin her efforts!

Can you belive that!

I scanned the pages from Stillmans book in which he specifically states that no calorie counts are necessary and I emailed them to her !

Good Grief..

I Think calorie counting, can actually work AGAINST you on this plan... If anything, I look at fat and carb grams...and even that I dont add up over the day, I just look at it prior to eating something, to make sure its not some ridiculous number...I never know my totals.. I frankly dont want to know..All I know is that its working
Old 05-11-2011, 07:13 AM   #746
Blabbermouth!!!

Scratch that tanya..I see you handing out Stillmans flyers in the grocery store next week!! lets get some pins and t-shirts made up!!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:16 AM   #747
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I Think calorie counting, can actually work AGAINST you on this plan... If anything, I look at fat and carb grams...and even that I dont add up over the day, I just look at it prior to eating something, to make sure its not some ridiculous number...I never know my totals.. I frankly dont want to know..All I know is that its working
You got it! To finally be free!! Thats the magic! and the weightloss is an awesome side effect!!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #748
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Quote:

Thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #749
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello friends...I'm on my bb so just a short post...wanted you all to know that I have been thinking of you all.
Will catch up with posts as soon as I can, hope you have all been doing well. I am down to 159lbs! Gotta check how much I have lost since I was last here.
Phone is doing funny things so will report back with a figure for you. Missed you all.
Makeme x
Nice job on the loss!! We miss you too!!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #750
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Scratch that tanya..I see you handing out Stillmans flyers in the grocery store next week!! lets get some pins and t-shirts made up!!
Its pretty obvious that my 2nd job is working as a Spokesmodel?
Always rambling on about SOMETHING !
Closed Thread