Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #691
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Thanks for the recipes, Beth!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #692
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Beth,

It seems like your desserts are like more modern versions of some those awful and old fashioned ones from Stillmans book

There could be money to be made from someone revamping Stilmans recipes and creating a whole new updated book.

-T
And Tanya could sell it!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:05 PM   #693
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Dee! Welcome!! Can I ask then did you find your loss was better with higher fat or with lower fat but with higher carbs??
Old 05-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #694
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
So I lose 10 pounds in a week and what do I do? I go crazy eating sugar free snacks(which I don't normally touch expect to drink iediet soda, CL and splenda in coffee) which didn't do it for me so I had my Diabetes in a cup ice cream with PB that I love, because I am invincible! which I am not and I am now up 4 pounds

Oh well, right back onto stills for me, and in the same day too, thats a new one for me, normally I have a bad day not just one bad meal but I know it works so I will stick with it, and I know I just slowed down my progress but I just gotta forget about the past, right?
you'll drop those pounds in a couple of days!! It's all just water!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
CC-

Yes I'm talking about the basic coffee mate fakes

I use those when I do drink coffee, just 1/2 of a litle one, has worked fine for me this time , we will see

I buy the splenda flavors in the coffee section at the regular grocery stores

Let me take a photo of my low fat parm !
thanks aka, must check out the CM minis......
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I finally graduated! Saturday was a low carb day, Sunday was a off plan day and today was back on Stillmans.

I got my cholesterol results back and they are great!! They were all high before starting Stilmans!!

On Stillmans Before Stillmans
Total: 152 Total: 228 high
LDL: 111. LDL: 149 high
Tri: 71 Tri: 175 high
Hdl: 27 (low). Hdl: 44 good

She doesn't know what I should do to higher the hdl then to workout which I started.
I read somewhere that when you lose weight hdl goes down but goes back up. I have to look that up.
WTG woot woot! numbers look good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
This is exactly what I've been doing since my blood tests showed that I'm at risk of developing diabetes if I don't stop it NOW. I don't even want desserts anymore. To me, it is diabetes on a plate!
further proof that grain and sugar are not a part of the true human diet....
Quote:
Butterfly,

That is a great and healthful way to think

Unfortunately, I still see some desserts as a really awesome.
Maybe 1 day I can see the diabetes on the platter!

I can tell my mindset is changing, a bit.
I saw a Pizza Hut commercial late last night, and they showed close ups of the pizza, and I could imagine were the carbs, fats, oils and processed mess that would be throwing my weight up SO high again. It did look good, but I thought about how much work I have done so far, and how just even a few slices of pizza would throw that in the trash. No thank you!
I would prefer some Chicken Salad on a cracker ! ( seriously)

-Tanya
it's almost funny how when you have crossed over and see junk food the calculations start clicking away in your head!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
So after drinking all my water, over a liter yesterday and walking twice and doing my turbofire workout I am down 4 pounds! So much of it was water but I am smiling today!!!

Finally made it to the grocery store last night to get some cottage cheese and some turkey sausage to make some of the recipes that were posted by Tanya. I also found some low-carb sprinkles in the spice aisle, made by Land O Lakes, I picked up one that is sharp cheddar and another one that is sour cream and onion. I forgot the low-fat parmesan but I can grab that on the next trip. I looked at the Tyson All-Natural chicken but it was 10 bucks for about 2.5 pounds and I just couldn't do it. Will definately be picking those up on sale or just buying the store brand and marinating them in chicken broth before I cook them up.

Yesterday I had coffee, water, ate some roast beef for lunch and had 3 thin sliced steaks for dinner.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Cat remember there is no USDA or FDA standard for natural as a food label. It's just a word to suck you in.........
Old 05-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #696
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I am now doing 55 minutes of Taebo and 45 minutes of Zumba! Bring on the weight loss!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Enough with the sprinkles people!!!!!! I don't have any!!!

Actually I'm gonna check to see if they have some here ----honestly I've never looked!!

But I somehow don't think we'd have Butter Sprinkles at home---fake butter is a dirty word in the land of Kerrygold!!
we even have it here! Oft wondered the diff between IR and US butter!
Quote:
I will! Gonna go to the posh supermarket this evening!!! Not the cheap place where I stock up on tuna!
posh market.GT too funny! What's the name of it so I can tour it online? Let us know if HRH Catherine shops there!!
Quote:
I saw 139.8 on the scale today and freaked out.

I have not seen a 13-anything on the scale since college...

Ugh...its getting closer to that time. I think I am going to purposely stop losing, so I can stay on this forever and never have to worry about maintaining!

THis is what Stillmans does...you just KEEP losing girls!!

Sally, stay strong!
oh girl celebrate! that's amazing!
Quote:
GT-

My degree is
MBA
Masters in Business Administration

my full time job is ultra "serious", I work as an auditor for the US GOV.
Thats why I do events and tradeshows on the weekends, I love people! I love communicating!
aka you so have the discipline for something like that.....my cousin in Cincinnatti is a floating auditor with the EPA.....been there 20 yrs. and loves it.
Quote:
I was probably 10 last time I weight 119 lol

what is a HOSS?

Dan Blocker played Hoss Cartwright on the beloved western TV series Bonanza here in the US back in the early 70's.......the big dude on the right, he was pretty thin in this pic.

and then you have the Boss Hoss motorcycle, known for it's huge GM V8 car engine and semi auto transmission.
These are not pretty when they go down, the huge engines usually leave bad injuries.........note the automotive coolant filled radiator and electric fan just under the handlebars behind the front fender....
Quote:
Same at home--since April 09 my Mum earns nearly E24,000 less (take home) a year!! (She's a Head of Faculty at a college, so State employed)....... Granted before the recession irish salaries were high.....but the cuts have been unreal........at least though in the Public Sector they still have jobs....our unemployment rate is pushing 40%.
OMG 40% and we whinge over here at 9% although they say the true number is more like 18%

Last edited by CCGirl; 05-10-2011 at 01:39 PM..
Old 05-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #698
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well shoot me dead I was wrong on the meat natural labeling.......

Labels that specify "natural" or "all natural" do not mean organic. The reason is that no standard definition for these terms exists, except when it's applied to meat and poultry products, which the USDA defines as not containing any artificial flavoring, colors or synthetic ingredients.

'Organic' food label naturally confusing | Environmental Working Group
Old 05-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #699
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I am now doing 55 minutes of Taebo and 45 minutes of Zumba! Bring on the weight loss!
wTG you!! I did Tae Bo a few times---I hated it!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #700
Big Yapper!!!!

No-----Kerrygold butter in Germany does not taste like it does at home---it tastes just like German butter(which I actually prefer,herassy!) and guess why???? Cos it's made in Germany!!! It's the same as Cadbury's choc in the US--I've heard it does not taste like Cadbury in Ire/UK---tastes like Hersheys---and peeps I've had Hersheys---blaaaand!! Maybe I should move to the States so---then I'd never want choc!!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #701
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh no-------our unemployment is not 40%------it's 14%----ooops!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:06 PM   #702
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Same at home--since April 09 my Mum earns nearly E24,000 less (take home) a year!! (She's a Head of Faculty at a college, so State employed)....... Granted before the recession irish salaries were high.....but the cuts have been unreal........at least though in the Public Sector they still have jobs....our unemployment rate is pushing 40%.
Quoting myself----14% not 40%.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #703
Big Yapper!!!!

I was at my 'posh supermarket'!!! And no Catherine wasn't there!!!! There was a pick of her pushing a trolley shopping last Saturday! She was wearindpg a deep green cape cardi thing with shortish sleeves, a white long sleeved t-shirt, skinny jeans and ballet flats!! Cos ya wanted to know!!!
Anyway--nope!! There was no sprinkles--the nearest thing I could find were flavoured salts, but no cheesy ones, just herbs. No flavoured jello or sf flavourings. And no cottage cheese with a lower fat content than 4%.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #704
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello friends...I'm on my bb so just a short post...wanted you all to know that I have been thinking of you all.
Will catch up with posts as soon as I can, hope you have all been doing well. I am down to 159lbs! Gotta check how much I have lost since I was last here.
Phone is doing funny things so will report back with a figure for you. Missed you all.
Makeme x
Old 05-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #705
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
Start Date: 28th May 2010
8lbs down...and have been off and on plan. Hardcore now though...have not weighed in 3 days so could be more than 8. I'm shrinking!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #706
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I think I have a mental block issue and I need help, I have never weighed less (as an adult) than I do right now and the last couple times I have gotten down to this weight I sabotage myself, like I eat things I don't want just cuz they are carby or fatty or both, I don't even want them! How do I get past this fear of something new and unknown, I will still be the same person I know that but its scary!

Last edited by Mar922; 05-10-2011 at 03:07 PM..
Old 05-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #707
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Soldier On
Stats: 240/---/198-g1/160-g2
WOE: Atkins since 1998/LC
Start Date: 4/1/11-restart Atkins; 5/1/11-Stillman, VLC
Quote:
Hi Dee! Welcome!! Can I ask then did you find your loss was better with higher fat or with lower fat but with higher carbs??

Hi GT,

Thanks for the welcome! I found the loss was steadier with the higher fat, very low carbs (20 net). But not high Atkins type fat where you could be eating 3000 cals all you can eat fat. LOL! The 43 g of fat I needed to stay under 700 cals was equal to the fat cals in 8 extra large eggs (5.56 per), total fat count. We get more fat than that on Stillman's when we eat 4 cups of diced chicken without skin, or 3 beef patties, and all the other meats Stillman says we can eat. So, I guess, it really isn't "higher" fat, per se, because, overall, it's still lower than what Stillman allows. The trick for me is keeping it under 700 cals and 20 net carbs, and some of his bizarre diets help with that. It's only for a while, until I get the weight off!

I started to stall when total fat fell under 20 total grams. That's what I found worked for me to take off 1 lb per day. Then I upset the apple cart with a pizza and got stuck, and had to start again. The cool thing was that because I had very low carbs, I still had the metobolic advantage because of ketosis and lost 1/2 lb. I really hope to reach my little goal by weigh in.

What has been your experience with high/lower fat?

Dee

Still Soldiering On - A Special Forces Covert Op!! Target Date: 6/30/2011
Old 05-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #708
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dominais
Stats: 265/200/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 1/28/13
Update,

I'm way behind on the threads because I was at a supervisory training and work has been crazyyyy. BUT I caved in and weighed myself this am - I'm down 5 lbs since Friday. Woot!

Now I remember why I liked Stillman's so much!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
No-----Kerrygold butter in Germany does not taste like it does at home---it tastes just like German butter(which I actually prefer,herassy!) and guess why???? Cos it's made in Germany!!! It's the same as Cadbury's choc in the US--I've heard it does not taste like Cadbury in Ire/UK---tastes like Hersheys---and peeps I've had Hersheys---blaaaand!! Maybe I should move to the States so---then I'd never want choc!!
those German cows...so aloof and all attitude...........

yep Hersheys is def not gourmet, if yer gonna jump off the cliff do it with Godiva

Quote:
Oh no-------our unemployment is not 40%------it's 14%----ooops!!!!
whew! glad at that!
Quote:
I was at my 'posh supermarket'!!! And no Catherine wasn't there!!!! There was a pick of her pushing a trolley shopping last Saturday! She was wearindpg a deep green cape cardi thing with shortish sleeves, a white long sleeved t-shirt, skinny jeans and ballet flats!! Cos ya wanted to know!!!
Anyway--nope!! There was no sprinkles--the nearest thing I could find were flavoured salts, but no cheesy ones, just herbs. No flavoured jello or sf flavourings. And no cottage cheese with a lower fat content than 4%.
O def love to know........were they in the Daily Mail?

US trolley-

US shopping cart-

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello friends...I'm on my bb so just a short post...wanted you all to know that I have been thinking of you all.
Will catch up with posts as soon as I can, hope you have all been doing well. I am down to 159lbs! Gotta check how much I have lost since I was last here.
Phone is doing funny things so will report back with a figure for you. Missed you all.
Makeme x
MMS
Quote:
I think I have a mental block issue and I need help, I have never weighed less (as an adult) than I do right now and the last couple times I have gotten down to this weight I sabotage myself, like I eat things I don't want just cuz they are carby or fatty or both, I don't even want them! How do I get past this fear of something new and unknown, I will still be the same person I know that but its scary!
O girl I got nuthin on that one, except maybe the urge to eat forbidden foods is almost celabratory?
Psych where are you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominais View Post
Update,

I'm way behind on the threads because I was at a supervisory training and work has been crazyyyy. BUT I caved in and weighed myself this am - I'm down 5 lbs since Friday. Woot!

WTG!

Last edited by CCGirl; 05-10-2011 at 04:36 PM..
Old 05-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT she wore the ring to the grocery!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and her wedding earrings!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oops I blew it on the earrings.....from the Daily Mail

She appears to be equally at ease in the these aisles, settling into her new life as a housewife, donning a comfy cardi and heading out to the supermarket for supplies while the husband’s out from under her feet.

You can take the girl out of the King’s Road, but not, seemingly, vice versa. Kate looks every inch the Sloane ranger, dressed in a pair of French Sole brown mock-croc ballet pumps (£92), a pair of faded black Hudson skinny jeans (costing a whopping £195, the brand is her favourite), a long-line white cashmere v-neck jumper and green frilled shrug.

She’s also wearing the same pair of Hope Egg earrings (by Links of London £275) that appeared in the couple’s official engagement photo taken by Mario Testino.

Read more: Kate Middleton goes shopping at Waitrose in Anglesey and pushes her own trolley | Mail Online
Old 05-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #713
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominais View Post
Update,

Go Dom !!! Go !
Old 05-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #714
Senior LCF Member

I had my dress fitting today
Very awesome

She had to take it in nearly everywhere

Now I have to be careful about my weight going to much lower or it wont be perfect . If I do drop more I'll just have her nip it in at the bust

Its slim / ,mermaid fit so its got to be very form fitting !

I could not zip this dress up at all on march 28 cause it was too tight and here it is may 10 and I'm having the darn thing near cut in half !

it looked good , I think I had one of those eye opening moments . I am hard on myself but the tailor had a floor to ceiling mirror and I had to stand in front of it half naked , I did a double take at myself and I thought that I actually do look really small

Gotta love Stillmans
Old 05-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh girl the defining moment we all live for..............I am loving myself.

The best wedding gift of all.

Now go enjoy and slap back some bourbon! Better yet beotch slap that fiancee of yours.....................

Old 05-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK it's muy late signing off...........
Old 05-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #717
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Mar

The good point on this is that you recognize the behavior for what it is . Some people do this and they don't get it.
You can beat this , I know you can. Get steady on the wagon, I think we all deserve to be fit and thin
When you get weak, come to us !

If you feel the need to grab the carbs or fat, maybe go shop or get a pedicure , thats what I do . It helps
Old 05-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #718
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
CC! No wait !!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #719
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
What's your time zone ? What time is it there ??
Old 05-11-2011, 05:20 AM   #720
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
Morning gals,

I am down another pound today. woot woot 146.2 to be exact

Summer is in the air and I am not giving in this time...not even a taste. Just isn't worth the set back. I really don't want to look like a hippo in a swimming suit this summer

After this week I am going to try really hard to only get on the scale once a week. After the weight loss the first week begins to be more steady I can easily get discouraged. I am great out of the gate but this old nag just can't go the distance. Going to have to hide the scale from myself. I need to remember that slow and steady wins the race! May not be a pound a day but it will all add up in the end.

110 here I come

151 .8 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 Goal 110
Closed Thread