Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #601
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Good Afternoon,

Sorry I don't have much time...

I was reading through some of the posts and I must congratulate AkaGal for getting to her goal weight

Mar, you will get there in no time at all...You are doing excellent....

GT, what are 'chukes?'..I see this often posted on other threads...

BM, you did well to stay clear of the dessert..Sometimes, dinner with the family is anxiety ridden...Do you remember when AkaGal was out in Cali for her bachelorette party a few weeks ago, or when GT goes home or Mar and going to dinner with friends? Sometimes, life happens and regardless of our intentions, the restaurant has its own agenda...You are doing well though and don't beat yourself up so much...

AkaGal, I use that splenda as well with my coffee...It's so nice to see a little of your office space...Wonderful .....Al...

GT, Pres. Obama was grey as soon as he finished taking the oath of office in Jan 2009..He had to clean up Bush's mess and it is a daunting task...At least he quit smoking... dominais...

sallyb, I agree with AkaGal...Follow the plan to the tee and you should do well...Just take things one day at a time and plan your meals..Make a few chicken breasts or boil some eggs enough for a few days...That usually helps in cravings or impeding a bad food choice....

So, I have been seeing those commercials for MIO and I think I'm gonna pick up a few at the store this weekend...I'm stocked at the moment with CL and I am trying to avoid going to the grocery store so frequently...It can be addictive..I LOVE buying meat...I like looking at the different cuts and comparing prices from store to store...Anyway, that is my own neurosis...I hope all you mother's had a wonderful day yesterday...My sister and I took out our mother and aunt to a seafood cafe on Saturday and then we made dinner on Sunday for my mom...She really enjoyed it...She also likes chocolate and her favorite is Godiva, so we got her a few morsels...Anyway, it was a good day...Take care and have a pleasant day everyone...
Pysch-

Thank you for your kind words
We always look forward to your visits and your posts, so few yet so informative and thoughtful

Don't forget your Mio once your crystal light runs out, you may not ever go back to CL after that!

-Tanya

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
MAR- Congrats girl! WTG That's mind blowing to me. I can't wait to see what happens with me as I workout everyday like an hr and half. I'M SO EXCITED!

I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!! HOW BOUT PUTTING THE SPLENDA COFFE THINGIE IN THE COTTAGE CHEESE! ROCKIN. ALSO, SUGAR FREE PROTEIN MIX LIKE ROCKY ROAD ETC WITH EGG WHITES MIXED TOGETHER AND PACKED FOR LIKE A SOUFLET. Not even get me started already... lololo

I had a breakthrough ladies. It's huge for me. I'm actually eating till I'm satisfied and sometimes, that means 2 ckn breast or a ckn breast with 2 eggs. This is insane for me. OMG, what bondage I've lived in my whole life. THANK YOU, for sharing with me the SKINNY on how to get SKINNY! BIKINI here I come. I want NO FAT on my bones. I'll take after pics for ya. Man, if I can get there in a mo. Ill JUST DIE!

Hugs,
B
Old 05-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #603
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
[quote=akagal20;14630056]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post

Hello GT
Yes it does include Aspartame

There are other brands which use Splenda , mine does not use Splenda
Oh good! Hopefully it won't do me any harm weight wise so!!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #604
Big Yapper!!!!

[quote=dominais;14630085]
Quote:

I'm allergic to Aspartame - so I skip the Jello and other sugar free foods. Bummer eh?
There's a mixed opinion on Aspartame - for some people it's great! And for people like me, the hives and stomach ache (and occassional asthma attack) aren't worth the sweet taste.

As far as skim milk - I've found in America that when they remove fat from a product, they up the sugar content. No wonder we're such an overweight nation.

Except Obama, who IS starting to look a bit grey... and he's so thin. Some of the magazine covers at the grocery store think he's got an eating disorder. I think maybe it's just the stress.
Poor you being allergic. It's in everything low fat at home. It really is the sweetner of choice. I'm not allergic to it, but I have no idea what it does to my blood sugar-as in will it stall my weight loss-cos I lose so slowly now(one big long stall!)
Yeah I thought he looked a little thin too--i probably reckon it's stress and the poor man probably barely has time to eat!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #605
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominais View Post
Ha I need to figure out how to quote without reposting the pictures. I'll get the hang of this I promise
i like looking at Tanya's product photos!!! Usually of things we don't have!!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #606
Big Yapper!!!!

Psych! Cukes is short for cucumbers! I had never heard it before this board either!!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #607
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
MAR- Congrats girl! WTG That's mind blowing to me. I can't wait to see what happens with me as I workout everyday like an hr and half. I'M SO EXCITED!

I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!! HOW BOUT PUTTING THE SPLENDA COFFE THINGIE IN THE COTTAGE CHEESE! ROCKIN. ALSO, SUGAR FREE PROTEIN MIX LIKE ROCKY ROAD ETC WITH EGG WHITES MIXED TOGETHER AND PACKED FOR LIKE A SOUFLET. Not even get me started already... lololo

I had a breakthrough ladies. It's huge for me. I'm actually eating till I'm satisfied and sometimes, that means 2 ckn breast or a ckn breast with 2 eggs. This is insane for me. OMG, what bondage I've lived in my whole life. THANK YOU, for sharing with me the SKINNY on how to get SKINNY! BIKINI here I come. I want NO FAT on my bones. I'll take after pics for ya. Man, if I can get there in a mo. Ill JUST DIE!

Hugs,
B
I was thinking that about the coffee things too!!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
I was thinking that about the coffee things too!!
when I did atkins I used to make all the desserts with the coffee things, like cheesecakes and flavoured mousse... now I want cheesecake and mousse haha
Old 05-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
P.s.

Just wanted to say again, thanks Viv for sharing all your success. You and so many precious others here are such an answer to prayer. We all have struggled so much with this stupid wt. and to see your success, really helps mine and so many others lives.

So to Al, GT, CCGirl, Tanya-Ms. the most beautiful bride to be, and to you Viv, I thank you for your diligence and your willingness to share and help so many.
Aw, I'm blushing. I agree it's wonderful to have such a lovely group - so warm and supportive.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Thanks for the support, everyone! I am having a rough day because my appetite is back. I grilled some lean burgers and ate 3 (that is 3/4lb. of beef!) with some SF ketchup and mustard and was actually STILL hungry. It was extremely lean, grassfed beef, so there was very little fat. I also ate a string cheese stick and I'm trying to drink a lot of water to make myself feel full. I think I'm going to make some coffee and see if that helps. I need to get back to the magical land of ketosis!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #611
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominais View Post
Congrats on your acheivement - Great work!!

"If you leave the reservation, just make a U-Turn" LOVE THAT!! I'm so stealing it.

I had a question - do you know where your hubby found farmer's cheese? Or what brand it is?

Thank you, it goes to show the power of Stillman's! It's a great WOE!
Dominais, you asked about the farmer's cheese. It's Friendship brand. I get the no salt added - it's completely bland but with a great texture. You could make it sweet or salty.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #612
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ssabrina
Stats: 192.5/163.5/130 Height: 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: Restart 12/6/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Sabrina!! You dont ever have to worry about calories on Stillmans - thats the beauty of it!!

My first run, I was 189, so our stats and height are close!! I made it to 130 in 3 1/2 months. If you stick to lean, your results will be even better!

Congrats on the 6! You are on your way!!!
Akagirl and Aleriaaa: Thank you so much! Your success is what I'm clinging to in my mind as I go through this!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #613
Senior LCF Member

Vivi, BTW, when you say you eat A LOT of Hard boiled eggs, what are we talkin here a day. I know we don't count calories just eat to stave off hunger what's allowed on the list, but do you have an idea what your cals are?

Also, I don't have any Stills books. Where can I get them? Online? Argh. I love to know the science and WHY I'm doing the diet I'm doing, I don't want to be a sheep following success... Well, yes, I do-- but don't tell anyone. Harhar

How much cottage cheese, farmers cheese are we allowed. Not that I'll go out and chow down on 10 tubes or anything...

Off to power walk.

Make it a great day. I feel like Christmas is coming in a Mo. and I can hardly contain myself.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Ps
There's this ad for H&M with all these beautifully skinny toned 20 yr. olds frowlicking in the ocean. If I lost 20 or so, I'd totally look just like that. OH, LORD, SAY ITS SO!

REALLY! REALLY, THIS CAN HAPPEN THAT SOON. I'M BLOWN AWAY.

OKAY, SORRY! I'll contain.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #615
Senior LCF Member

Honestly, if I could miraculously lose and get to my ultra skinny, I think I could concour the world.

Why is that? Why are we as women so programmed to be perfect in every way? Why can't we just be happy fat and pudgy? Oh, the questions of life I quess.

All I know, is once I get there, I'm NOT GOING BK AGAIN! I'll make all the LC treats and breads and veggies and fats and stay in Ketosis. I'm so done with this nitemare yoyo train. Who's with me? Let's conquor this once and for all.

B

Ok, done for now...
Old 05-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #616
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Vivi, BTW, when you say you eat A LOT of Hard boiled eggs, what are we talkin here a day. I know we don't count calories just eat to stave off hunger what's allowed on the list, but do you have an idea what your cals are?

Also, I don't have any Stills books. Where can I get them? Online? Argh. I love to know the science and WHY I'm doing the diet I'm doing, I don't want to be a sheep following success... Well, yes, I do-- but don't tell anyone. Harhar

How much cottage cheese, farmers cheese are we allowed. Not that I'll go out and chow down on 10 tubes or anything...

Off to power walk.

Make it a great day. I feel like Christmas is coming in a Mo. and I can hardly contain myself.
Hi Beth,

I eat anywhere from 3 to 5 eggs per day.. .sometimes more and sometimes less.

I dont count cals, so I have no clue what my intake is. I am sure not more than 1,000 if I had to take a guess on it

I bought my Stillmans book on Amazon.com

Beth, I think you are getting a little too bogged down with the details
Just follow the plan, nice and slow, and you are gonna see fast results.

As far as cheeses go, let me explain. I consider myself the cheese expert on this thread, because as far as I know, I am the only one who eats it. most people cut it out eventually, at some point.

According to Stillmans book, you can eat as much farmers cheese and cottage cheese as you want. Stillman himself did not put any limit on that.

However, in real life, I wouldn't go nuts on the cheese in any form or fashion.

Stillmans also allows any cheese made out of skim milk, so that would include Riccota cheese, Mozzerella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
I eat all of those cheeses, but in MODERATION. I hardly have any cheese, but I do eat a lot more Cottage than the others because its the least harmful.

Stillman does not put a limit or event mention a serving suggestion at all.
So its up to us. From most people'e experience, too much cheese will make you lose weight slower and you have to watch the intake, due to the fat levels.

So, the moral of the story is to just keep it to a minimum.

Also, since you are so worried about the minute details, I would go buy the book if I were you
I have the book and I have read it cover to cover, about twice. ..

Just to be safe

-Tanya

Last edited by akagal20; 05-09-2011 at 02:05 PM..
Old 05-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Honestly, if I could miraculously lose and get to my ultra skinny, I think I could concour the world.

Why is that? Why are we as women so programmed to be perfect in every way? Why can't we just be happy fat and pudgy? Oh, the questions of life I quess.

All I know, is once I get there, I'm NOT GOING BK AGAIN! I'll make all the LC treats and breads and veggies and fats and stay in Ketosis. I'm so done with this nitemare yoyo train. Who's with me? Let's conquor this once and for all.

B

Ok, done for now...
I'm with you!

I have to say, I was happy when I was pudgy until there was an event I had to go to or I found out I weighed more than my BF at the time, or sometimes I just felt like a cow, I do find I am much happier all around now though! I just wish I didn't crave ice cream when I am in a bad mood, like today....
Old 05-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #618
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I'm with you!

I have to say, I was happy when I was pudgy until there was an event I had to go to or I found out I weighed more than my BF at the time, or sometimes I just felt like a cow, I do find I am much happier all around now though! I just wish I didn't crave ice cream when I am in a bad mood, like today....
Right there with you Mar!

The cravings, when they rear their head, are tough!

Yesterday I was working an event at a Grocery Store and this guy had a freshly baked cookie cake with pink icing, and I just wanted to cry.. Literally I almost started crying

Ugh
Old 05-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hi Beth,

As far as cheeses go, let me explain. I consider myself the cheese expert on this thread, because as far as I know, I am the only one who eats it. most people cut it out eventually, at some point.

-Tanya
I eat cheese just not as much as Tanya haha I only eat parm or other sprinkling kinds for extra flavour and the occasional piece of cheese but I keep that to about twice a week I don't keep the good stuff in the house either cuz I would go overboard (they always have it at meetings though)
Old 05-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Yesterday I was working an event at a Grocery Store and this guy had a freshly baked cookie cake with pink icing, and I just wanted to cry.. Literally I almost started crying

Ugh
That was me yesterday my mom wanted dimsum for Mothers day so I took her and I love Dim Sum, I didn't touch it, I just drank green tea and water because I just couldn't risk the grease or carbs.

She made me eat a salad for lunch today and I was mad but did it because she's my Mommy lol
Old 05-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #621
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I eat cheese just not as much as Tanya haha I only eat parm or other sprinkling kinds for extra flavour and the occasional piece of cheese but I keep that to about twice a week I don't keep the good stuff in the house either cuz I would go overboard (they always have it at meetings though)
When I eat my turkey burger I do normally melt 1 slice of mozzerella on top
1 slice is so low fat, it doesnt stall me or anything.
I also sprinkle Parmesan( the ultra low fat kind) over my chicken prior to baking, it gives it a fake crust feeling, I also do that to my fish filets!

However now that I am lighter, I find myself cutting that out, and cutting back on cheese ... I think thats the natural course of Stillman, if you want to keep shedding and avoiding Stalls, you have to start cutting and trimming things from your diet.

I am just glad I can still have my 1/2 creamer , sugar free Jello and some light cheeses!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #622
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
when I did atkins I used to make all the desserts with the coffee things, like cheesecakes and flavoured mousse... now I want cheesecake and mousse haha
Ooh do share those recipes! i'm guessing they're high in fat though!!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ooh do share those recipes! i'm guessing they're high in fat though!!
I will have to dig them out but they are high fat, maybe I can doctor them for stills....
Old 05-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #624
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Thanks for the support, everyone! I am having a rough day because my appetite is back. I grilled some lean burgers and ate 3 (that is 3/4lb. of beef!) with some SF ketchup and mustard and was actually STILL hungry. It was extremely lean, grassfed beef, so there was very little fat. I also ate a string cheese stick and I'm trying to drink a lot of water to make myself feel full. I think I'm going to make some coffee and see if that helps. I need to get back to the magical land of ketosis!!!
Actually very high fat gets you into ketosis the quickest(so I read!) so up the fat big time for a day or two-then drop it right back.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #625
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

OH YES!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #626
Big Yapper!!!!

We have low-fat Mascarpone cheese-----OMG toooooooooo good!!! I eat lf Mozzorella from time to time! Yuum!! I find it extremely filling too!!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #627
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Ugh
I want that cake!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #628
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok nite nite peeps!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #629
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Quote:
Actually very high fat gets you into ketosis the quickest(so I read!) so up the fat big time for a day or two-then drop it right back.
Thanks for that, GT! That thought actually crossed my mind, and you are right! I think I'm going to up my fats for today and see how I feel tomorrow. It really shouldn't take TOO long to get back to where I was because I didn't eat anything that wasn't lowcarb (except a couple bites at the restaurant). I just need to get through today and tomorrow, and I should be good to go.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #630
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Thanks for that, GT! That thought actually crossed my mind, and you are right! I think I'm going to up my fats for today and see how I feel tomorrow. It really shouldn't take TOO long to get back to where I was because I didn't eat anything that wasn't lowcarb (except a couple bites at the restaurant). I just need to get through today and tomorrow, and I should be good to go.
Yes Butterfly
You are going to be good
You did the right thing and made the best choices
Closed Thread