Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabrina View Post
I only lost 6 lbs this week. I know that's technically a lot, but Stillman promises a 7-15 lbs loss the first week! I also jogged twice during the week (about 3.5 miles) and did some weight training on my arms.

I think I know what I did wrong. First of all, way too much ground beef. I think I had ground beef at least 4 times during my first week, and lots of it. Secondly, when I began to record my meals in a food log, I became obsessed and distracted by the calorie counts. So next week, I'm done with the ground beef, and only will enter my meals into the log either at the end of the day or the next morning. Also, I think I need to drink more plain water. I'm at the point where almost every cup has some sort of sugar free sweetener in it!
Sabrina,

Do not worry. you are right on target , and it is early days right now
you have more LBS that are just going to DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT.

More plain water helps a lot, and I think avoiding the food journaling will help give you some peace of mind

In my past diet life I was a serial food journaler, and that can drive you crazy and lead you to count cals

We Stillman follower, dont have to count anything except pounds lost

And I do pay attention fat grams.. I tried to keep that lower . I wouldd say I pay more attention to fat and carbs than I ever do about calories

-tanya

Go sabrina Go!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Sabrina!! You dont ever have to worry about calories on Stillmans - thats the beauty of it!!

My first run, I was 189, so our stats and height are close!! I made it to 130 in 3 1/2 months. If you stick to lean, your results will be even better!

Congrats on the 6! You are on your way!!!

Al-

I am so glad to see you have had some time to come to the boards

I am sorry your week was so sketchy
but I understand, I am at my TOM as well, and I think due to my reduced food intake,my cycle is kind out of whack. so it will randomly stop and start and stop and start....very annoying...hopefully this dies down

My mood has been somber lately.. I am looking forward to having something sweet soon, even if it does affect my weight.. I think a sweet treat will really help me stay level, but now we are so close to the goal.. I need to just wait it out and focus on the final number

Hope to see you here back in full swing...
I do understand what you mean about swimsuit season...we will all want to be our very leanest. ... I figure the leaner we get, and the sooner we can get there, the more relaxation we can have over the summer, not worrying about weight, and being able to slip in a few cocktails!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #513
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Thanks Tanya!! Funny thing with me is TOM was never on schedule before Stillmans, now it's here like clockwork every month!

You must be sooo relieved right now. Im sighing for you! Exams are over, your on your way to graduation and goal next week, you'll be the new Mrs. next month, and you'll be the hottest twin this summer!! Everything is going so well for you and you deserve all the happiness in the world!!!

Proud of you girl!!

We will all have cocktails to celbrate with you online when you ready- just let us know when!!

Mine'll be the vodka/water martini, with a few squeezes of mio!!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #514
Blabbermouth!!!

Heck...forget the water..
Old 05-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #515
Blabbermouth!!!

Very cool of viv to take pics of those charts. Great idea! Wonder what other parts of the book we could take pics of. Im gonna test it out!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Very cool of viv to take pics of those charts. Great idea! Wonder what other parts of the book we could take pics of. Im gonna test it out!
I could do that with the recipes !
Old 05-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #517
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I could do that with the recipes !
oh good... you got my hint...
Old 05-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #518
Blabbermouth!!!

Round of Q&A - The Doc can be so blunt!

Q: What can I do about getting bored while dieting?
A: If fattening food is the only thing that keeps you from boredom, you'd better find some new interests instead of blaming the diet.

Q: Over how long a period should I plan to diet - weeks? months?
A: Start a quick weight loss diet and each day tell yourself to keep dieting just "one more day" until you're at your ideal weight instead of counting in weeks or months, which can be disheartening.

Q: Is it dangerous to drop weight rapidly on a quick weight loss diet?
A: Absolutely not. If you're overweight, it's dangerous not to get rid of the excess pounds quickly.

Q: Do I count calories on the Quick Weight Loss diet?
A: No - by eating only the specified foods, your calorie intake is controlled "automatically", and there's no need to count.

Q: On a diet, can I really eat "as much as I want" of a food when it's permitted?
A: "As much as I want" means eating only as much of the food as will appease your hunger, and then stopping- certainly not stuffing yourself.

Q: When is the best time to start a reducing diet?
A: Now....

Q: Is it necessary to have a "big, hot breakfast" for proper nutrition?
A: This is an old-fashioned, thoroughly fake myth promoted primarily by producers of foods fo "big, hot breakfasts" - for overweights to pile in hot cereals soaking with butter or cream, syrup-drenched griddle cakes, sausages swimming in fat, and such calorie-heavy foods, is not only undesireable for nutrition but downright dangerous.

Q: I get fatigued when dieting-doesn't that mean I need something to eat right away?
A: Some moderate exercise and activity, such as a brisk walk, is probably what you need, as there's no reason to feel fatigued on any of my diets. Get in motion and get your blood flowing faster so you'll feel pepped-up.

Q: How can I avoid the pains I get-like having an ulcer- when I go on a diet?
A: You either have an ulcer or are seeking a reason not to diet.

Q: How can I keep from eating when I feel ill?
A: If you're really sick, you're not likely to have an appetite, so you're probably using illness as an excuse to avoid dieting.

Q: How can I make up for falling off a diet?
A: Instead of wasting time scolding yourself, go right back on the diet. The quick weight loss should keep you dieting.

Q: What can I do if I become anemic from dieting?
A: Have a blood test, which will undoubtedly prove that your "anemia" is in your imagination-then you'll go back on your diet without further worry.

Q: Is there anything I can do about getting hunger headaches when dieting?
A: Such headaches are usually psychological in origin and go away in a few days. If headaches persist, have a doctor check you.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #519
Blabbermouth!!!

What a catch!

The Doctor, himself!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 004.jpg (21.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #520
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps!! Al soooooooo glad you're back! Missed ya!

Tanya---looking good!

Sabrina--your loss is good-just keep going!

Too funnny on the Dr-when's the bast time to star? Now! True though!

On my way to bed-making tea! Am soo tired-Didn't get to bed til 4 last night, and was at a BBQ all day today! Feeling slightly light-headed-it hit 80f today and I was in the sun for most of the day!!
Ok kettle is boiled!
Old 05-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Al , thanks for the q and a !! That's great

I'm gonna photo the recipes , well some of them

On my way home now from work
Old 05-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
Q: What can I do about getting bored while dieting?
A: If fattening food is the only thing that keeps you from boredom, you'd better find some new interests instead of blaming the diet.

Q: Over how long a period should I plan to diet - weeks? months?
A: Start a quick weight loss diet and each day tell yourself to keep dieting just "one more day" until you're at your ideal weight instead of counting in weeks or months, which can be disheartening.

Q: Is it dangerous to drop weight rapidly on a quick weight loss diet?
A: Absolutely not. If you're overweight, it's dangerous not to get rid of the excess pounds quickly.

Q: Do I count calories on the Quick Weight Loss diet?
A: No - by eating only the specified foods, your calorie intake is controlled "automatically", and there's no need to count.

Q: On a diet, can I really eat "as much as I want" of a food when it's permitted?
A: "As much as I want" means eating only as much of the food as will appease your hunger, and then stopping- certainly not stuffing yourself.

Q: When is the best time to start a reducing diet?
A: Now....

Q: Is it necessary to have a "big, hot breakfast" for proper nutrition?
A: This is an old-fashioned, thoroughly fake myth promoted primarily by producers of foods fo "big, hot breakfasts" - for overweights to pile in hot cereals soaking with butter or cream, syrup-drenched griddle cakes, sausages swimming in fat, and such calorie-heavy foods, is not only undesireable for nutrition but downright dangerous.

Q: I get fatigued when dieting-doesn't that mean I need something to eat right away?
A: Some moderate exercise and activity, such as a brisk walk, is probably what you need, as there's no reason to feel fatigued on any of my diets. Get in motion and get your blood flowing faster so you'll feel pepped-up.

Q: How can I avoid the pains I get-like having an ulcer- when I go on a diet?
A: You either have an ulcer or are seeking a reason not to diet.

Q: How can I keep from eating when I feel ill?
A: If you're really sick, you're not likely to have an appetite, so you're probably using illness as an excuse to avoid dieting.

Q: How can I make up for falling off a diet?
A: Instead of wasting time scolding yourself, go right back on the diet. The quick weight loss should keep you dieting.

Q: What can I do if I become anemic from dieting?
A: Have a blood test, which will undoubtedly prove that your "anemia" is in your imagination-then you'll go back on your diet without further worry.

Q: Is there anything I can do about getting hunger headaches when dieting?
A: Such headaches are usually psychological in origin and go away in a few days. If headaches persist, have a doctor check you.
Hilarious! He certainly doesn't coddle you!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #523
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Al , thanks for the q and a !! That's great

I'm gonna photo the recipes , well some of them

On my way home now from work
You look stunning Akagal20, just gorgeous, and congratulations on your Masters. Life is good!

ps we're the same height, so I'm thinking you are the perfect ideal weight for me. Love those clavicles!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
You look stunning Akagal20, just gorgeous, and congratulations on your Masters. Life is good!

ps we're the same height, so I'm thinking you are the perfect ideal weight for me. Love those clavicles!
Viv-

Yes I think 140 is a great weight for our height
Healthy yet thin
Not a lot of fat.

- Tanya
Old 05-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Viv-

Yes I think 140 is a great weight for our height
Healthy yet thin
Not a lot of fat.

- Tanya
agreed!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I added some progress pics in an album I am feeling pretty proud of myself today!
WTG LEGS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I don't ever intend to ruin my body with pregnancy---as in I intend to gain as little as poss and to go right back to QWL after!! It can't be a pass for me to eat everything I want!! (lecturing myself here!!) I think I'll prob eat more carbs though. And I intend to work out hard for as long as I can and then keep up Pilates and Call.........................now having said all that I'll prob be back here with a ton (literally!) to lose! Ha!
GT, are you having a LCF baby? May as well start them off right.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I had a dream I was 117 I wish I could get to that! but them My dog would weigh only 7 pounds less than me lol
giant dog skinny girl
Quote:
Hey all , I just took my last exam
School is done !

I'll have my masters degree by this time next week !

I was so happy , the first thing I did was go to the gym !!

I think i may spend money on some grilled shrimp as a treat and a pedicure too!! Yeah !!
WOOT WOOT XLNT CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Akag!
I love your Wedding Shoes, girl! And, look at those skinny legs of yours!

The way your going, you'll be all bones by the time you walk down the isle. KUTGW!

I think I'm finally in Ketosis. By tomorrow, I'll have the appetite suppression I so love!

Quick Q. Can I eat too much mustard? Just a thought.

B
mustard away! And she had her toes done too! Looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Happy Saturday, everyone! Just quickly checking in. Tanya, those blue shoes are fabulous! I SO wish my wide feet would fit in shoes like that. I am cursed with my mom's feet, and she has to special order her shoes. I have a heck of a time shoe shopping.

I was down to 178.5 this morning. I think the .5 will be "eliminated", so I'm calling it 178. The best news is that for the first time, my jeans are actually feeling baggy on me, so I tried on my old favorite jeans that are a smaller size, and they fit. I can actually WEAR them again. Woohoo!
I'm about to go shopping for a dress to wear to my sister's graduation. I'm hoping to find something that looks halfway decent. I still hate clothes shopping. That will all start changing over the next couple of months, yay!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
yay on the jeans!
Quote:
Beth!
Omg thank you

I literally owe it all to Stillmans
your a drill seargent girl! Thank yourself!
Quote:
Ya know..I never talk about TOM here, cause it's always a non-issue with me. But I gotta say, this week has been the week from hell for everyone that comes in contact with me. I have been a crazy cranky witch!! Hubby told me I needed a carrot or something... I have the right to blame TOM, right? I'll blame anything but my meat!!
crabby Gaga LOL blame away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabrina View Post
I only lost 6 lbs this week. I know that's technically a lot, but Stillman promises a 7-15 lbs loss the first week! I also jogged twice during the week (about 3.5 miles) and did some weight training on my arms.

I think I know what I did wrong. First of all, way too much ground beef. I think I had ground beef at least 4 times during my first week, and lots of it. Secondly, when I began to record my meals in a food log, I became obsessed and distracted by the calorie counts. So next week, I'm done with the ground beef, and only will enter my meals into the log either at the end of the day or the next morning. Also, I think I need to drink more plain water. I'm at the point where almost every cup has some sort of sugar free sweetener in it!
keep us posted girl......still 6 lbs. is awesome!

BF went garage sailing with me.....a first in a long time! Got a nice new phone. Road trips are great.

Gloomy and cool all weekend........then of course, the sun comes out at 6PM.

I'm glad you're all doing well, stayed OP but feeling kinda bloaty. water here I come...

Well, we're settling in to watch the news and I have Road House autotuned as I wait for the ebayer from hell's new home theatre system to arrive.

Said he shipped it last week, then after opening a complaint with ebay he finally provides a tracking number indicating he actually shipped it Friday.

Note to self.......read the feedback first! He had a 100 percent rating but only after having difficulty did I read it and found two neutrals in the last six months indicating sloooooow shipping. my bad!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
VIVIE! Am I seeing correctly that you've lost over 100 LBS on Stills since Jan! OMG! REALLY! Please, share your story. I'm dying to hear it. Pretty Please. Can you share what's a typical day for you? Do you drink diet soda?

Hugs,
B
Old 05-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #528
Senior LCF Member

oops! just did the math, that's 72 lbs since Jan. That's like 18 lbs a mo. WOZERS!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Man, if that's the case, I'm TOTALLY IN! I know AKAG has lost almost close to that. This makes me so excited. Maybe I can get the 18 off or so in just a mo. and get on with it all. How exciting. Man, why doesn't the world know about this. _crew WW Atkins, et. al. Stills is the only way to be sugar free and getter done! lolo
Old 05-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Man, if that's the case, I'm TOTALLY IN! I know AKAG has lost almost close to that. This makes me so excited. Maybe I can get the 18 off or so in just a mo. and get on with it all. How exciting. Man, why doesn't the world know about this. _crew WW Atkins, et. al. Stills is the only way to be sugar free and getter done! lolo
Beth

heck yeah. Thats what I am saying

Its like a miracle...it gets easier over time

I went out to dinner for a Mothers day party with my family, and I wasnt even over anxious or worried.
I just ordered a grilled chicken breast with veggies, and I gave the veggies to my Fiancee and I had a diet coke
Done deal..
no one said a word.. I am getting the hang of this

yes, Beth I am sure you could clear 18 lbs in 1 month, as long as you are staying strong and strict!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:53 PM   #531
Senior LCF Member

QWL RECIPES POSTED IN MY PHOTO ALBUM

Hello Team!

I have taken camera phone photos of some of the most popular STILLMAN friendly recipes from my QWL recipe book that I recently bought on amazon.com

I took photos and uploaded... Man it took forever though

I will put more up as time allows

But If you go to my profile page and look at my photo albums, I have a special album with PHOTOS of the actual book pages.

So take a look and see if there may be some thing you like.

If you have a type of dish you want to see, let me know and I will scan the book again ,and "photo" copy just for you!

Thanks all

Best wished to everyone for a LOSING week!

-Tanya
Old 05-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Also, Take note that my recipe album has TWO pages, so dont forget to hit Next, and see both pages
Old 05-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Tonya! Shut the Door! I'm blown away as I never fully did Stills. I did kinda part way, like I mentioned the Peanut butter I'd have and a few bites here and there of the unmentionable, MAN IF I KNEW IT WORKED THIS GOOD, I WOULD HAVE DONE IT YEARS AGO.... WHAT WAS I THINKING.

I'm sold. Today was a really great day. All Chicken and mustard. But, I had 5 diet sodas, still having the sweet tooth. I'm going to cut way back and force myself to drink water. Man, if I can be at my ideal wt in a month, I'm not messing around.

I do think the diet sodas are making me hungrier. So, I have to ditch them. Okay, I'm going to rock this puppy, hard core.

Pray for me! Hugs, b
Old 05-09-2011, 02:57 AM   #534
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
Hilarious! He certainly doesn't coddle you!
Viv-you look great in your avi-so thin! You must be so proud! Well done!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:12 AM   #535
Big Yapper!!!!

Tanya---a big big big thank you for posting those! They must have taken ages.
Who knew there were so many recipes!! I think it's great though because I really want Stills to be part of maintenance(with a bit of Dukan thrown in) but I thought I was doomed to be eating meat with a bit of salad or veg for life!!
I see your quiche! I'm def gonna try that. Ok I only had cottage chees once and nearly gagged but I'm sure cooked it tastes different! And bbq sause--yum! And I see the good Doc allows lf mozzorella!! Oh and wine!! Ha! Ok it's cooking stuff but still!!
I just have one question------a strawberry flavoured omelette????????????? Why??????????

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-09-2011, 05:09 AM   #536
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Tanya---a big big big thank you for posting those! They must have taken ages.
Who knew there were so many recipes!! I think it's great though because I really want Stills to be part of maintenance(with a bit of Dukan thrown in) but I thought I was doomed to be eating meat with a bit of salad or veg for life!!
I see your quiche! I'm def gonna try that. Ok I only had cottage chees once and nearly gagged but I'm sure cooked it tastes different! And bbq sause--yum! And I see the good Doc allows lf mozzorella!! Oh and wine!! Ha! Ok it's cooking stuff but still!!
I just have one question------a strawberry flavoured omelette????????????? Why??????????
I dont know about the omelet , maybe was popular back in the old days !

Cottage cheese is my best friend right now , especially since I found the 0 fat kind . I eat omelets and quiche nearly 5 times per week and the cottage tastes great when hot and melty but I also love some with my tuna and egg , makes a nice little " casserole".. I honestly think the cottage cheese has helped me last this long !!
Don't shy away from it especially if part of a recipe !
Old 05-09-2011, 05:12 AM   #537
Senior LCF Member

The book has about 600 recipes for various stillmans diets
I tried to photo the most modern ones and the easiest
I will post more once I flip back through the book again for the 100th time
Old 05-09-2011, 05:15 AM   #538
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Tonya! Shut the Door! I'm blown away as I never fully did Stills. I did kinda part way, like I mentioned the Peanut butter I'd have and a few bites here and there of the unmentionable, MAN IF I KNEW IT WORKED THIS GOOD, I WOULD HAVE DONE IT YEARS AGO.... WHAT WAS I THINKING.

I'm sold. Today was a really great day. All Chicken and mustard. But, I had 5 diet sodas, still having the sweet tooth. I'm going to cut way back and force myself to drink water. Man, if I can be at my ideal wt in a month, I'm not messing around.

I do think the diet sodas are making me hungrier. So, I have to ditch them. Okay, I'm going to rock this puppy, hard core.

Pray for me! Hugs, b

Beth !

For sure

You can do this , stay strong
Maybe have 2 sodas and then do water with half servin of crystal light to replace the other diet sodas

My friends at home call me " coach" cause I am always sending inspirational text messages to them !

You cant lose on this Stillmans team.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:42 AM   #539
Blabbermouth!!!

Coach- Thank you sooo much for the recipes! YOU ROCK!! I just love your posts! They really get me going! Im inspired to try some new things finally and see how i manage it, BBQ sauce, cottage cheese, etc. I gotta keep posting through this cause I am afraid adding anything extra could register as a cheat in my head, and send me down the wrong path. I know you girls wont let that happen to me!! Gotta taper my portions down too.

Beth- I'm ready to hardcore it! 2 cups of black coffee down, and I've got a tray of chicken thawing! no fat shall pass these lips until I get er done!!

VIV- I love love love your avi! You look great!! wish I looked that good in my jeans!!

CC- Hope your theatre comes today!!! Nice job sticking to plan!!!

GT- forgot to tell ya the other day I love that pink coat!!

Im back to 126 today, thank goodness. Had ground turkey and two eggs yesterday. Just two!

OH- when I was going through the books yesterday I found that Stills says to limit our AS drinks to 10. Sounds like a lot, but Im sure I go over it. Between the coffees, and the bottles of CL, its more like 15 for me. Gonna start splitting my CL packets into 2 bottles.

Thats why I like the mio. you can add a little or a lot.

have a great day peeps!!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:52 AM   #540
Blabbermouth!!!

Britney/Nicki tickets are $189, for bad seats, but not the worst. What to do, what to do....They are only playin HUGE stadiums, so even though the seats are halfway up, Im sure it will be a horrible view..but to get them both in one show!!! I cant even imagine the energy thats gonna be rockin through that place...think Im goin for it...

I missed Gaga last time around because Im too cheap, and I regret it every day..
Closed Thread