Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #271
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
The UK magazines keep going on about how thin Kate Middelton has got, that she's all bones and is too thin......since when could you be toooo thin??!!
They dig Pippa's bum though!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #272
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hey GT

ok so this is the deal

My highest weight ( ever in life ) was 180, I was at that weight in 2007. I did diet, counting calories, psycho-style 7 days per week exercise and was able to lose 40lbs and get to 140 ( the weight I love). At that point I dove head first into the world of triathlons and marathons, cycling, you name it. Ate more food, which continued after the athlete lifestyle ended, unfortunately! Then I met my future hubby, and you know how that goes. The love eating sprees, movies, dinners, and I picked up 20 of those 40 lbs, but stopped it at that! Thankfully,

so 160lbs at my height of 5'8 puts me around a US size 8 or 10, depending on the clothes. At 140 lbs that puts me at a US 4 or 6.
So as I type this I am wearing US size 4 pants and a size small top.

So I say ALL that to say, Yes. I have dropped two dress sizes, and I would say pants sizes too.
The Ralph Lauren pants I was bragging about weeks ago, are now drooping and ill fitting.
Wow! 2dress sizes in a kittle over a month is amazing!!! It just proves that QWL is theeeee quickest diet ever!!!
My fiance has seen me at literally every weight--from seriously underweight to 250---so at least I know he loves me!!! Ha!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Wow! 2dress sizes in a kittle over a month is amazing!!! It just proves that QWL is theeeee quickest diet ever!!!
My fiance has seen me at literally every weight--from seriously underweight to 250---so at least I know he loves me!!! Ha!
Yeah I am always watching what I eat, diet or not, but this time, I must say the results are pretty crazy
What I like most is that the rules are so simple and easy. I lead a busy life right now and the last thing I need is some complex diet where I am counting and scooping out powders, measuring foods, and weighing meat on a scale, etc etc, buying expensive pills

This is cheap! Tough at first but easier...

I am a professional dieter, so I think I had an edge coming into this program, to be honest. I am strict in every part of my life, so this is just one more area for me to ultra focused. I am very hard on myself and critical.. Stillmans is either really good, or really bad for someone like me
I love results, and am driven by them, so literally even 1 lb loss just revs me up even more
Old 05-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #274
Big Yapper!!!!

I think we're quite alike so! I'm a perfectionist through and through!! Even down to trawling for hours to get the perfect hair accessory or cushion or something!! Heck I even googled to find the perfect diet for fat loss and muscle preservation and the best for skin etc!! i expect a lot from myself and others! I think you're right then about Stills being either really good or really bad!!!! I'm not a professional dieter-even though I do know the fat content of everything! And now the carb count too!!! I just did one 'diet' in my teens that led to anorexia and then bullimia---then to 250lbs. Go figure!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think we're quite alike so! I'm a perfectionist through and through!! Even down to trawling for hours to get the perfect hair accessory or cushion or something!! Heck I even googled to find the perfect diet for fat loss and muscle preservation and the best for skin etc!! i expect a lot from myself and others! I think you're right then about Stills being either really good or really bad!!!! I'm not a professional dieter-even though I do know the fat content of everything! And now the carb count too!!! I just did one 'diet' in my teens that led to anorexia and then bullimia---then to 250lbs. Go figure!
I struggled with the same disorders, except it was more recent
I'm better but the psychology doesn't change . Ever

I got to a point to where I would panic if I didn't feel " hunger" , I felt like it was bad to feel full
I liked to go to bed hearing my stomach growl and if it didn't I would get anxious and cry
It was awful

Glad that time is over
Old 05-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dominais
Stats: 265/200/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 1/28/13
I'm new and I'm starting tomorrow.

I did Stillman's for on and off in college. The first time I lost 30lbs in two weeks. Then I just did it for a few days every time pounds crept up.

Right now I'm way heavy

And I'm off to Vegas on the 30th, so, tomorrow, back to Stillman's.

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks so I figured I should say something heh.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #277
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I struggled with the same disorders, except it was more recent
I'm better but the psychology doesn't change . Ever

I got to a point to where I would panic if I didn't feel " hunger" , I felt like it was bad to feel full
I liked to go to bed hearing my stomach growl and if it didn't I would get anxious and cry
It was awful

Glad that time is over
sorry to hear that Tanya
No it doesn't unfortunately. I feel like I just about have it under control and no more now and it scares me big time. I don't have to feel the hunger, if I'm hungry I ignore it but I can't say I get a high from it, though I do like feeling 'light'. I did have it completely in check for a few years (well 90% of the time) until I had to take stupid hormones and put on an incredible amount of weight in a couple of months. After that I just didn't care--see, the perfectionist again, if I can't do something well then I won't do it at all!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #278
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominais View Post
I'm new and I'm starting tomorrow.

I did Stillman's for on and off in college. The first time I lost 30lbs in two weeks. Then I just did it for a few days every time pounds crept up.

Right now I'm way heavy

And I'm off to Vegas on the 30th, so, tomorrow, back to Stillman's.

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks so I figured I should say something heh.
Hi and welcome!! Did I read that right-30lbs in 2 weeks???? WOW!!!! I hope you have the same results this time too!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
welcome Domi! Coooooool avi!

Holy cow girls ladies, the posts they are a flyin'!

Thanks for the lowdown on skinny thinking.......our plan for the future!

LOL I woofed three chik breasts today...gave kitties the bones (good for their teeth)....even managed to get in some water!

LOL they love Pippa's bum......GT ur hilarious.......she's a beauty. I don't think Kate is too thin.......I do think she has less muscle mass since the fashion show dress.....but her lifestyle has changed.

and a big happy birthday to Miss Al.....I hope yer patyin' like Gaga!

Last edited by CCGirl; 05-04-2011 at 03:09 PM..
Old 05-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #280
Big Yapper!!!!

Yup! She's up for 'Rear of the Year'!!!! Seriously it's a prize given every year from a boulervard press newspaper!!!........not one I'll be getting!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Happy Birthday Al!! Hope this day brings many blessings your way and in the future...
Old 05-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Tyson makes skinless boneless chicken tenders , frozen in a bag and u just cook them on the stovetop or the oven

They are called " natural" and have a light broth flavoring but are fairly bland
However they are awesome for a quick fix

Tyson Natural !!

Yeah, I'm gonna eat several for my meals the next few days and see if the weight goes down
Old 05-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Hey all! I love that I found this forum and am inspired by everyone's journey. Just a quick question - Do you all count calories? I started Stillmans to kick start a plateau I experienced with Atkins - with fabulous results - such great results I don't want to go off Stillman's - with a few carbfests here and there - I've pretty much done it consistently for 4 months. The downside was my calories started getting lower and lower - at one point I was eating 450 calories a day. Recently, I took a week off - I ate big salads with olive oil dressing, lots of veggies, bread, butter, rice, the whole thing and then restarted Stillman's, this time trying to keep my calories over 800 - 950. Happily, I only gained 7 lbs and that was gone after 3 days! Thank you Dr. Stillman! Should I be concerned about keeping my calories up? I don't want my eventual maintenance diet to be a nightmare. Thank you for any advice you have...
Old 05-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
Hey all! I love that I found this forum and am inspired by everyone's journey. Just a quick question - Do you all count calories? I started Stillmans to kick start a plateau I experienced with Atkins - with fabulous results - such great results I don't want to go off Stillman's - with a few carbfests here and there - I've pretty much done it consistently for 4 months. The downside was my calories started getting lower and lower - at one point I was eating 450 calories a day. Recently, I took a week off - I ate big salads with olive oil dressing, lots of veggies, bread, butter, rice, the whole thing and then restarted Stillman's, this time trying to keep my calories over 800 - 950. Happily, I only gained 7 lbs and that was gone after 3 days! Thank you Dr. Stillman! Should I be concerned about keeping my calories up? I don't want my eventual maintenance diet to be a nightmare. Thank you for any advice you have...
Hey Vivi,

I dont count calories. I found that if I just stick with stillmans, the calorie count just automatically stays reasonable
I really have no idea how many calories I eat per day, but its the right kind of calories too.

I know some of the other gals will repsond to you with more insight
Old 05-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Yup! She's up for 'Rear of the Year'!!!! Seriously it's a prize given every year from a boulervard press newspaper!!!........not one I'll be getting!!!
hey, send me the ballot, I'll vote for you!

rear of the year
Quote:
Hey Vivi,

I dont count calories. I found that if I just stick with stillmans, the calorie count just automatically stays reasonable
I really have no idea how many calories I eat per day, but its the right kind of calories too.

I know some of the other gals will repsond to you with more insight
yup, what she said, check out Barry Groves eat fat get thin, calorie counting diets make you FAT

Criminal Minds is on so don't shoot me if I'm not around til tomorrow

Party on Al! (assuming that's why she's not here)
Old 05-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I'm on a role! 204.2!! Woot! I did 45 minutes of expert Zumba. I'm eating salmon tomatoes, zucchini, bell pepper and a 2 tablespoons corn. The corn is looking at me today, lol. I took final today so I only have 1 more tomorrow!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:21 AM   #287
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivibee View Post
I think with QWL the allowed food is so low in cals and is so bland that you don't eat a lot, so that the daily calories are automatically low. Mine run to about 450-600. To get them up over 1000 would be a lot of cans of tuna-too many!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #288
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I'm on a role! 204.2!! Woot! I did 45 minutes of expert Zumba. I'm eating salmon tomatoes, zucchini, bell pepper and a 2 tablespoons corn. The corn is looking at me today, lol. I took final today so I only have 1 more tomorrow!
Go you!!! and good luck on your final final!!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:41 AM   #289
Big Yapper!!!!

Oooh! I've over 6000 posts and my status thing has benn changed to Blabbermouth!!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:13 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Keeping with tradition , everytime I complain about my weight not moving on the boards , the next Day I get a shake up

2 lbs down today , what a relief , I couldn't take 5 days at the same !

My 3 day exercise " shakedown " usually works , no more gym for a few days , then I hit my system again

Last edited by akagal20; 05-05-2011 at 05:19 AM..
Old 05-05-2011, 05:15 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chessie2m
Stats: 190/144/125
Start Date: 3/1/2006
Hey Everyone, I have been posting in another Stillmans thread but this one is hopping compared to that one...just wanted to say Hi and I have been doing stillmans since the 11th of April and I have lost about 10 pounds, would have been better if I did not have a few cheat days..
Aka girl. .I have been following you daily because we pretty much started at the same weight and at the same time... could you do me a huge favor and post what you eat on a typical Stillmans day..your results are awesome!!! I am going to the store tonight and I need to stock up...TIA..
Jessie
Old 05-05-2011, 05:31 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessie2m View Post
Hey Everyone, I have been posting in another Stillmans thread but this one is hopping compared to that one...just wanted to say Hi and I have been doing stillmans since the 11th of April and I have lost about 10 pounds, would have been better if I did not have a few cheat days..
Aka girl. .I have been following you daily because we pretty much started at the same weight and at the same time... could you do me a huge favor and post what you eat on a typical Stillmans day..your results are awesome!!! I am going to the store tonight and I need to stock up...TIA..
Jessie
Hey there
I'll be happy to share
Here is what I ate this Monday

Breakfast
Diet soda
Coffee
1 serving of quiche ( egg+ turkey sausage in that)

Snack
I boiled egg
Crystal light

Lunch
Diet soda
Tuna + egg+ mustard

Snack
1 egg
1 string cheese
Water

Dinner
3 turkey meatballs with parmesan cheese
Old 05-05-2011, 05:33 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Add late night snack
Sugar free jello
Old 05-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Ok one more example ( Tuesday)
3 slices turkey bacon
Coffee
Diet soda

Snack
1 egg

Lunch
Grilled chicken breast w mustard

Snack
Egg
1/2 chicken breast w mustard

Dinner
Tilapia filet
10 grilled shrimp , no sauce

Sugar free jello
Old 05-05-2011, 05:39 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chessie2m
Stats: 190/144/125
Start Date: 3/1/2006
Thank you... I need more variety and I think I need to drop the ff cottage cheese to see a big drop next week...Thanks again!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:04 AM   #296
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stillman's_Chick
Stats: 210.2/190/150
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: April 27, 2011
Just popping in to say good morning and to wish everybody a great Stillman's day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
Quote:
Keeping with tradition , everytime I complain about my weight not moving on the boards , the next Day I get a shake up

2 lbs down today , what a relief , I couldn't take 5 days at the same !

My 3 day exercise " shakedown " usually works , no more gym for a few days , then I hit my system again
Good job ladies!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:04 AM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Thanks for the bday wishes everyone!! Y'all are doing soooooo well!!! Tanya, your new avi is amazing. Such a great pic!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #298
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oooh! I've over 6000 posts and my status thing has benn changed to Blabbermouth!!
I wonder what comes next!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessie2m View Post
Thank you... I need more variety and I think I need to drop the ff cottage cheese to see a big drop next week...Thanks again!!!
hey ! wait
ok I do eat cottage cheese ( the cottage cheese is in the quiche that I eat nearly every morning)

And sometimes, I put cottage cheese in my tuna/mix for lunch, but just like 1 tablespoon..
I am supposed to cut it out, but I cant!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:08 AM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hey there
I'll be happy to share
Here is what I ate this Monday

Breakfast
Diet soda
Coffee
1 serving of quiche ( egg+ turkey sausage in that)

Snack
I boiled egg
Crystal light

Lunch
Diet soda
Tuna + egg+ mustard

Snack
1 egg
1 string cheese
Water

Dinner
3 turkey meatballs with parmesan cheese
You should post your menus everyday for everyone! I like that its actually a menu, with variety! NICE!! Mine is so boring... just bowls of meat!
Closed Thread