Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   Stillman question for a stall? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/717678-stillman-question-stall.html)

Jooser 04-17-2011 07:39 AM

Stillman question for a stall?

OK, so I'm really not in a stall. But I would like to change things up a bit this week. I have read some on Stillmans but am confused as to certain points.

1. How much low fat cottage cheese can I have? I noticed that in the 14 day diet, there is a limit but for the regular Stillman's I don't see any limit on any of the "legal" foods.

2. Can I drink my EAS whey protein powder with almond milk, rather than skim milk? And if so, is 12 oz on almond milk, too much?

3. I see where people talk about eating an apple, but don't see that on the legal food lists-explain?

My goal is to do this for 1 week and see what happens. Any input is appreciated.

aleriaaa 04-17-2011 07:50 AM

Hi Jooser! This should be an exciting week for you!! If you are planning on following QWL, the shakes, almond milk, and apple aren't allowed. I have often wondered on the cottage cheese limit, so I would suggest eating just enoguh to make the meal or snack work. If you can stick to lean meats, a couple eggs, and a bit of cheese, the results will be remarkable. The first few days can be a drag, but you will feel like yourself again soon enough!!!

Jooser 04-17-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleriaaa (Post 14568823)
Hi Jooser! This should be an exciting week for you!! If you are planning on following QWL, the shakes, almond milk, and apple aren't allowed. I have often wondered on the cottage cheese limit, so I would suggest eating just enoguh to make the meal or snack work. If you can stick to lean meats, a couple eggs, and a bit of cheese, the results will be remarkable. The first few days can be a drag, but you will feel like yourself again soon enough!!!

Do I need to aim for a certain amount of protein or calories? I am assuming the cheese is suppose to be fat free? So are carbs suppose to be under a certain amount? Seems like they would be pretty low like less than 5/day.

aleriaaa 04-17-2011 09:07 AM

Carbs are typically really low. Cheese should be fat-free from the list, meats should be as lean as can be. You dont have to count calories, just eat and be free. You'll probably need more meat the first couple days than you are used to, but your appetite will decrease in the days to come. By default, on this diet, you will probably be consuming lower calories than usual. Just make sure to eat when your hungry, and your body wont let you eat another peice of chicken if your not! The results will come!!

You're going to have some carbs, like if you include artificial sweetner and condiments. I dont get concerned with counting those either, but it could slow some. I'm really big on Crystal Light, and Im sure those extra carbs are slowing me down.