Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LawGirl86
Stats: 235/172/135-145?
WOE: hHCG my way
Hey everyone! As expected, I went wayyyyyy off course yesterday. I'm talking 2 huge donuts, 2 huge soft pretzels, 3 massive pancakes and bacon (I actually went to a diner at 2:45 to get these since the place closed at 3!), lasagna, tons of wine and food at a tasting I held, some ice cream, and a chocolate molten cake. I was so stuffed all day, but it was good for my brain. I'm right back on Stillman's this morning (although up to 168!!), and I'm hopping to be back to where I was on Friday morning. I hate going backwards, but I vow to be on plan until May 7th!
LawGirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawGirl86 View Post
Hey everyone! As expected, I went wayyyyyy off course yesterday. I'm talking 2 huge donuts, 2 huge soft pretzels, 3 massive pancakes and bacon (I actually went to a diner at 2:45 to get these since the place closed at 3!), lasagna, tons of wine and food at a tasting I held, some ice cream, and a chocolate molten cake. I was so stuffed all day, but it was good for my brain. I'm right back on Stillman's this morning (although up to 168!!), and I'm hopping to be back to where I was on Friday morning. I hate going backwards, but I vow to be on plan until May 7th!

Wow! Thank you Lawgirl, i was feeling bad I blew it again last night, but not as bad as the night before.... You actually may have beat me in calories and carbs for both days.....I mean it very sincerely,,,thank you.

Francie,,,,we are back on track today and aiming to inspire you again,,,right lawgirl and chessie? By the way, inspire us girl

al1114 how's it going there?

You know what, I do think we need to slip up and go off plan every now and then......It does help you mentally.
It'stime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:02 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chessie2m
Stats: 190/144/125
Start Date: 3/1/2006
O.K Here I am to inspire... I was 145.8 on Sunday and then that night I pigged out.. badly.. I jumped right back on Stillmans on Monday and I did not dare weigh in.. so I finally caved and weighed in this morning and I was 144.8..down a pound... So My Advice to you is jump right back on...there is no way any gain is true fat after 1 day..so its just water and it will come off in a few days.
So 2 days from now you should be right back to where you were... I want the 130's by the wedding on the 14th so bad...
My husband told me yesterday I have not been this skinny since our wedding 13 years ago..and I was 119 pounds then.. He is too good to me!!!
I am thinking my goal is going to be 128...I will be happy the rest of my life at that weight..
Grocery shopping today...eggs..chicken..and tuna for me
chessie2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the inspiration Chessie,
Well I did two pig outs since Sunday. The one Sunday then a smaller pig out Monday nite. And now that I think of it Lawgirl, I may have pigged out as bad as you, because it was alot of nuts and nuts have major calories. Today I weighed in a 170 and that is two pounds over my weight before I did that. So I've still got 2 pounds to go to get to siggy.

I'm at 170 so my goal for the wedding is 160. 10 pounds by 17 days. Actually 16 days for me since I will be eating at the rehearsal dinner.

Chessie it looks like your goal is 14 pounds?

Frances
Old 04-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Francie, al1114 and lawgirl,

What's your goal date and weight? That helps to keep things in focus.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #66
Junior LCF Member

It'stime you can definitely get down to 160 in 16 days.

Chessie that is inspirational!

I was back on plan yesterday and today, but sadly no weight loss this morning. I looked at my old charts and weight logs, and saw that usually the day after a binge I don't lose much, but the second day on I drop pretty quickly. So I'm chugging water, eating cleanly, and hoping that I'll have made some major progress by tomorrow morning. I took my new perfume away, and I'm not going to use it again until I've been in the 150s for 3 consecutive days.

My goal was to get down to 150 by May 6th, but with the recent events I'm hoping for 152-153. We have a law school formal on that night, so I want to be at my smallest weight ever. Last year at our formal I was 235, and the pictures from that night inspired me to start losing weight. When I first started with Medifast on 5/13/2010, I thought I'd for sure be at goal by now. But ever since hitting my 162 set point in early Feb, I've been struggling with motivation to diet. My friend's wedding is on 5/21, and I bought a size 6 dress (2 sizes too small) so by then I'm hoping to be 145-140. Lofty goals, but I'm down to the wire since I've been pissing around for the past few months.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

OMG! You were at 235 last year and NOW You are in the 160s! OMG!:high 5:

tell me that every now and then! That's major inspiration!
Old 04-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Thanks it'stime Its been a long journey, and I should remember to be proud of what I've accomplished in such a short time and not get boggled down in the everyday ups and downs.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:07 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Sticking to plan..not weighing till Saturday, I did my 5:30 spinning class this morning and it was a tough one!!!

whats on the menu today?? I am thinking alot of eggs today and I think egg drop soup for lunch.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Chessie I'm not weighing in either until next Friday! I think I've become way too scale dependent, so I'm focusing on eating right and exercising everyday. Woke up at 6am to do a HIIT routine, and for the first time all semester I didn't doze off during my 8:30 a.m. class.

I'm eating HB eggs, 96% lean ground beef, a cheese stick and probably some chicken breast or shrimp for dinner. How do you make egg drop soup?? I hate cooking but I was craving that the other day...
Old 04-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Chessie I'm not weighing in either until next Friday! I think I've become way too scale dependent, so I'm focusing on eating right and exercising everyday. Woke up at 6am to do a HIIT routine, and for the first time all semester I didn't doze off during my 8:30 a.m. class.

I'm eating HB eggs, 96% lean ground beef, a cheese stick and probably some chicken breast or shrimp for dinner. How do you make egg drop soup?? I hate cooking but I was craving that the other day...
Lawgirl, I am not "currently" on stillman's, but I have been reading about it, and I saw your stats of HCG and stillmans, and have been considering trying this for several days. I am on HCG and would love to know your thoughts about how it works and how you eat. I found I have candida overgrowth and have cut fruit and grissini out of my HCG diet and was wondering what would happen if I take out the veges too and just do protein. Would love to hear if you are still doing it, how it works for you losses wise and what you eat!! Thanks!!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Lawgirl, the egg drop soup is very easy... I take Chicken broth and boil it and then whisk egg whites into it with a fork, the egg whites cook really fast..I add some pepper but I am sure you could add other seasonings. I have added cut up chicken before also..it hits the spot sometimes when you get really sick of plain meat!!!
I have been eating cheese sticks too, I think I had too many the last few days, I am going to try and only 1 a day. I also dipped into the natural peanut butter today...:blush:very yummy but NOT stillmans.. back on track now...grilled chicken for dinner. ..
Old 04-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Lawgirl, I am not "currently" on stillman's, but I have been reading about it, and I saw your stats of HCG and stillmans, and have been considering trying this for several days. I am on HCG and would love to know your thoughts about how it works and how you eat. I found I have candida overgrowth and have cut fruit and grissini out of my HCG diet and was wondering what would happen if I take out the veges too and just do protein. Would love to hear if you are still doing it, how it works for you losses wise and what you eat!! Thanks!!
I really like the Stillman's+hHCG type of eating. It's nice to be able to eat more than 500 calories a day and steadily lose weight. I'm not sure if I'm losing faster, but I am more satisfied and feel like I could go as long as it takes to get these last pounds off. I was a little disturbed seeing so many people's weight loss drastically halt during their second and thirds weeks of hHCG...if I'm only eating 500 calories, there's no way I'd be satisfied with only losing .5-2lb a week.

I have to say that I didn't count calories on either plan, but I find that Stillman's works well with hHCG.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I really like the Stillman's+hHCG type of eating. It's nice to be able to eat more than 500 calories a day and steadily lose weight. I'm not sure if I'm losing faster, but I am more satisfied and feel like I could go as long as it takes to get these last pounds off. I was a little disturbed seeing so many people's weight loss drastically halt during their second and thirds weeks of hHCG...if I'm only eating 500 calories, there's no way I'd be satisfied with only losing .5-2lb a week.

I have to say that I didn't count calories on either plan, but I find that Stillman's works well with hHCG.
So do you average 1/2 pound a day ?? this way? I am thinking if or better and more likely once I stall, I will try the stillman's way and eat protein! But love hearing from someone with experience. I do count the calories on HCG and stay within the 500.. but no fruit or grissini currently. so the extra calories are protein for me. How many calories do you think approximately you eat with the stillmans? I am so happy to see someone doing it!!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #75
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
So do you average 1/2 pound a day ?? this way? I am thinking if or better and more likely once I stall, I will try the stillman's way and eat protein! But love hearing from someone with experience. I do count the calories on HCG and stay within the 500.. but no fruit or grissini currently. so the extra calories are protein for me. How many calories do you think approximately you eat with the stillmans? I am so happy to see someone doing it!!
Last week I was averaging 1.5-2lb a day, but that was coming off of a few cheat days. I'm currently taking a scale break, but from the few Stillmanites I've been stealthily following they average maybe .5lb a day? With some days losing more and some days less, of course.

I think I probably eat around 1000-1100ish calories a day, but on days I'm ravenous I do eat more. I also exercise every day, just started HIIT but I was running before.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Last week I was averaging 1.5-2lb a day, but that was coming off of a few cheat days. I'm currently taking a scale break, but from the few Stillmanites I've been stealthily following they average maybe .5lb a day? With some days losing more and some days less, of course.

I think I probably eat around 1000-1100ish calories a day, but on days I'm ravenous I do eat more. I also exercise every day, just started HIIT but I was running before.
I am a runner too, usually 3-5 miles a day, 6 x a week, but not on HCG 500 calories, I am just walking inclines for 30 minutes x 2 times a day currently and 2 turbo kick classes a week... I truly appreciate your piping in and answering my questions. I am trying ( and have been for over a year) to lose the last 15ish pounds and hoping this will be my last attempt, but I want "something" different!! Are their many who do both, stillmans and HCG that you know. Your the first I have seen so far! I am using Rx injections, do you use HHCG? (sorry if bugging you with my questions!)
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I am a runner too, usually 3-5 miles a day, 6 x a week, but not on HCG 500 calories, I am just walking inclines for 30 minutes x 2 times a day currently and 2 turbo kick classes a week... I truly appreciate your piping in and answering my questions. I am trying ( and have been for over a year) to lose the last 15ish pounds and hoping this will be my last attempt, but I want "something" different!! Are their many who do both, stillmans and HCG that you know. Your the first I have seen so far! I am using Rx injections, do you use HHCG? (sorry if bugging you with my questions!)
I haven't seen anyone else who combines the two, but since both diets seem to give fast results I thought of combining them. I'd love to see your results with the injections+stillmans+lighter exercise. This week I'm doing HIIT, trying to work out 2x a day. Usually exercise slows me down, so I cant wait to see the results you have and what the scale says next week when I weigh in.

I use pellets btw!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I haven't seen anyone else who combines the two, but since both diets seem to give fast results I thought of combining them. I'd love to see your results with the injections+stillmans+lighter exercise. This week I'm doing HIIT, trying to work out 2x a day. Usually exercise slows me down, so I cant wait to see the results you have and what the scale says next week when I weigh in.

I use pellets btw!
Well I will be sure to come back and post if and when I start it, as I said, gonna stay strong and narrow until the losses slow or stop (which they probably will) but I am only in the first week (day 7) tomorrow, and still losing but next week its a good chance! I love HIIT training. Need to tone seriously, but first, down to goal, down to goal, down to goal!!

Keep posting your results, would love to hear them as well!!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:04 AM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan$$
Stats: now: 160 (estimate)/120
WOE: stillman's
Start Date: restarting 18 April 2011
READY TO TRANSFORM

Hello ladies
I am the OP and I failed - but I am here to wipe the slate clean. I have my fish and fromage frais on hand so it's a re-start.

I have been doing around 4 hrs a day of cycling for 7 days so it's been tough to go zero carb.

I will let you know my losses over the next 2 weeks.

I believe 28 days on this programme will reap wonderful results. I will keep up the cycling as you really do get tone and muscle with that. Exercise does burn calories and raise metabolism but in terms of trimming up diet is 90% of it.

Back on it!
Susan$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan$$ View Post
Hello ladies
I am the OP and I failed - but I am here to wipe the slate clean. I have my fish and fromage frais on hand so it's a re-start.

I have been doing around 4 hrs a day of cycling for 7 days so it's been tough to go zero carb.

I will let you know my losses over the next 2 weeks.

I believe 28 days on this programme will reap wonderful results. I will keep up the cycling as you really do get tone and muscle with that. Exercise does burn calories and raise metabolism but in terms of trimming up diet is 90% of it.

Back on it!
I love exercising and hate to give it up for anything!! I have not tried Cycling, but someday I might. I love to run and do turbo kickboxing!! Glad you are back and hope for some good numbers from you!!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

PMS gets me every stinking month... I was out of control yesterday...ate everything I wanted...so back at it again. The cravings and mood swings are so bad a week before...I am going to try and white knuckle through it.. I am going to try and not weigh my self until it is all over...so far today I had some eggs..not really hungry at all luckily...
Frances...how are you doing back on the wagon??? have you weighed yet?
Susan..glad you are back..it is never to late start again.. this thread is what got me through some tough days on Stillmans ..I have messed up a few times but I still lost 9 pounds since April 11th..not too shabby.. I am about 19 pounds from my goal.. so doable with this diet..
Old 04-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #82
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 211/201/170
WOE: low carb diet
Start Date: april 2010
I want to do it how do it work? im trying to join the army and i need to lose so weight so I'am all in please me
goingtojointhearmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:52 AM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan$$
Stats: now: 160 (estimate)/120
WOE: stillman's
Start Date: restarting 18 April 2011
Quote:
I love exercising and hate to give it up for anything!! I have not tried Cycling, but someday I might. I love to run and do turbo kickboxing!! Glad you are back and hope for some good numbers from you!!
I agree with you so much. I can exercise - but food intake is my problem. I actually went to my doctor recently for something and mentioned the Stillman's diet. He said you can eat anything but quantity is the issue. Probably right, but if you need to get lbs off fast - Stillman's is the right answer.

Good luck to all this week.
Susan$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:48 AM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Morning everyone!

Chessie I think I was PMSing earlier this week too with my two huge indiscretions. TOM is a *****, to say the least.

I did a little experiment yesterday eating a HUGE breakfast (4 HB eggs and 5 pieces of low fat, low sodium turkey bacon). I've always been a breakfast girl, but in the afternoon (4-6) I am starving to the point where nothing I eat fills me up or makes me feel satisfied. So I thought that stuffing myself during breakfast would control my hunger later on...and it definitely did! I wasn't even hungry around 4, and I was satisfied with the snack and dinner I had last night. Today I'll be doing the same thing..hope it works

Going to my zumba class today, and may do some light running in the evening. Hope everyone has a good Saturday
Old 04-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Morning everyone!

Chessie I think I was PMSing earlier this week too with my two huge indiscretions. TOM is a *****, to say the least.

I did a little experiment yesterday eating a HUGE breakfast (4 HB eggs and 5 pieces of low fat, low sodium turkey bacon). I've always been a breakfast girl, but in the afternoon (4-6) I am starving to the point where nothing I eat fills me up or makes me feel satisfied. So I thought that stuffing myself during breakfast would control my hunger later on...and it definitely did! I wasn't even hungry around 4, and I was satisfied with the snack and dinner I had last night. Today I'll be doing the same thing..hope it works

Going to my zumba class today, and may do some light running in the evening. Hope everyone has a good Saturday
Zumba...sounds like fun! I have not done that one yet either! How did it work with your losses, the big breakfast test? I was down only 0.4 this morning so my stillman's test is probably only a day or two away! LOL I hate slow losses and NO FOOD.... I am still right in the middle of TOM, so not sure if that is playing part or not, but thinking of trying this if I get another couple days of 0.4 or so... (even if I lose the same, but get to eat more, that would be doable for me!!)
Old 04-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #86
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Zumba...sounds like fun! I have not done that one yet either! How did it work with your losses, the big breakfast test? I was down only 0.4 this morning so my stillman's test is probably only a day or two away! LOL I hate slow losses and NO FOOD.... I am still right in the middle of TOM, so not sure if that is playing part or not, but thinking of trying this if I get another couple days of 0.4 or so... (even if I lose the same, but get to eat more, that would be doable for me!!)
I'm "staying off" the scale until May 6th...too much compulsion and obsession and unexpected spikes (for no reason) drive me to stuff my face with carby food. But I fake weighed myself today... fake weighing because I put heavy things on (sneakers, winter coat) so that I dont know the "official" number, but so that I can get the gist of it. I was lower than expected, but still in the mid 160s. But its TOM too so who really knows.

When I start weighing daily next week I'll redo the big breakfast test

The most frustrating part about the protocol hcg diet are the slow days...there's no way you should only lose .4lb when youre only eating 500 cals. Fill yourself up stillmans style
Old 04-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The most frustrating part about the protocol hcg diet are the slow days...there's no way you should only lose .4lb when youre only eating 500 cals. Fill yourself up stillmans style
Very good point!!! I wish I could stay off the scale, but nope!! LOL, I am an addicted weigher!!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

How's everyone doing? I'm staying about the same....I'm really good during the day then I've been bad at night.

tonight I will be good and start a new thing....

When do you all quit eating during the day? Do you have cut off times?

I honestly think if you must eat at night if you stay on plan it will still work. It's been some of the tempting wedding stuff I've been storing at my house that has been slipping me up....It's all going somewhere else tomorrow..
Old 05-04-2011, 07:50 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Still plugging along...not weighing in because of PMS issues, I always gain and then stay the same no matter what I do about a week before..then I get a nice drop later on..so not doing it to myself this month..but have been about 80% stillmans I am sneaking in a little fat..but no carbs so should be alright.. wedding in 10 days..
Old 05-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #90
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shannonphelan
can i join this group too??

just started stillmans today!! woohoo!!
not sure if i am posting this corrcetly so here goes nothing...
hi ladies im super impressed and inspired byy all your posts. day 1
im at 155 five feet tall, nursing 2x's a day
shannonphelan is offline   Reply With Quote