Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Stillman's Countdown to Summer: Amazing April Edition

Dr.Stillman's ~Quick Weight Loss Diet

Dr.Stillmans ~14 Day Shape Up Program

Dr.Stillman's ~“INCHES-OFF DIET”

Stillman Recipes

Stillman by the book - 2009

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Would just like to give everyone a big hug for sticking with Stillmans over the last few weeks! We have had some AMAZING RESULTS! We couldn't have done it without each other!! So stick around, and hopefully we'll get some new friends to join in. Get ready for another amazing month!!!

Who's with me?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
Thanks for the new thread and of course for your ever inspiring words!
I have been thinking that I will be switching over to a QWL that includes the salad because of the intense exercise plan I have committed to. I will let you know which one I end up switching to, but I am thinking it will be one that I can also include a small low sugar yogurt.
Congrats to everyone for your progress no matter how small it may be. KUTGW, we can do this!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Hello to all, just checking in. I went to dinner at the olive garden last night and just had salmon without the olive oil, no salad, no breadsticks, no wine. It was not easy, but I hope it will be worth it. This AM I did a ketostick and it was in the moderate range (4). I have never done that before and don't really know what it means except that I must be lossing something! I was only down .4 this morning so I am not losing like most of you. I can tell you I am so far only eatting meat and eggs, sometime some jello, diet coke once a day and usually only 1/2 can, coffee sometimes, black. If I were to guess how many calories I would say between 500 and 700 per day. It feels discouraging when I see 1lb a day losses for you guys, but I am happy for you anyway!!! Maybe I'm just a slow starter.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Would just like to give everyone a big hug for sticking with Stillmans over the last few weeks! We have had some AMAZING RESULTS! We couldn't have done it without each other!! So stick around, and hopefully we'll get some new friends to join in. Get ready for another amazing month!!!

Who's with me?
Thanks for starting the April thread off Al. Big hug back at you and thank you for all you great support. I confess that I really need all my suportive buddies on the thread!

Last edited by CoCo; 04-02-2011 at 12:30 PM..
Old 04-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
Yay for a new month. I will not cheat this month....repeat I will not cheat this month!!

Good luck everyone!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Girlies!!!

Cat- Go for it!! I just reread the 14 Day plan and I have to admit, it sounds like a lot of fun!! yogurt, jello, salad- YUM!

COCO- Sorry you didnt get the initial whoosh, but keep at it! It will come!! You made it thru the Olive Garden last night, so I know you are in the ZONE!!! I dont know if this will work for you, but EAT MORE MEAT!! It may sound silly, but you'll end up just peeing it out... (not to gross out any new or potential members... )

ICANDOIT's gonna DO IT!!!! and we're right behind her!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't really enjoy going out to eat anymore..the portions are too small when you take the sides away, and it costs so much! The other night that I went out, I came back home and cooked up more turkey...
Old 04-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:

Who's with me?
great thread starter AL TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
Thanks for the new thread and of course for your ever inspiring words!
I have been thinking that I will be switching over to a QWL that includes the salad because of the intense exercise plan I have committed to. I will let you know which one I end up switching to, but I am thinking it will be one that I can also include a small low sugar yogurt.
Congrats to everyone for your progress no matter how small it may be. KUTGW, we can do this!!!
go girl! And the inspiration goes both ways!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Hello to all, just checking in. I went to dinner at the olive garden last night and just had salmon without the olive oil, no salad, no breadsticks, no wine. It was not easy, but I hope it will be worth it. This AM I did a ketostick and it was in the moderate range (4). I have never done that before and don't really know what it means except that I must be lossing something! I was only down .4 this morning so I am not losing like most of you. I can tell you I am so far only eatting meat and eggs, sometime some jello, diet coke once a day and usually only 1/2 can, coffee sometimes, black. If I were to guess how many calories I would say between 500 and 700 per day. It feels discouraging when I see 1lb a day losses for you guys, but I am happy for you anyway!!! Maybe I'm just a slow starter.
Keto is either there or not. You are in or out. Different shades just mean different stages of dehydration. The palest purple is still ketosis, darker means water up.
Take the loss, girl! You beat the dining out devil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Thanks for starting the April thread off Al. Big hug back at you and thank you for all you great support. I confess that I really need all my suportive buddies on the thread!
back at ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
Yay for a new month. I will not cheat this month....repeat I will not cheat this month!!

Good luck everyone!!!

Quote:
I don't really enjoy going out to eat anymore..the portions are too small when you take the sides away, and it costs so much! The other night that I went out, I came back home and cooked up more turkey...

well, folks, back from terrorizing the loxal retailers today. New catch, too!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Starting Stillman tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:58 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Just a quick post to let you know I am still alive. Thanks for your support guys. CC, I did the paper thing...in fact I am no stranger to this sort of stuff. I used to do it for many years, until yours truly came on the scene. Anyway, I will fill you in with the happenings later (I still don't have the results from Histology (so hoping that means it can't be serious) but the surgeons did find some problems that can be sorted Real bad luck but on the day of the test I pulled my back (old problem) by the following day I could not move and up until yesterday I have been on 40 to 50mg of valium in one hit and really strong opiates...so it's been an odd time. I am still in pain and have not regained full feeling in three of my toes on my left foot but I am getting there. You will be happy to know that I did clean QWL yesterday and it will be the same today>>>the sun coming out has kicked my butt into gear. Hope everyone is doing well...I need to catch up on all the posts. Big hugs everyone.
Makeme
Old 04-03-2011, 02:04 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Al----thanks for starting the new thread! Love all your support too!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:05 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome Amelie!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:07 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi makeme! glad you're back! Hope you get those results soon and ow on your back
Old 04-03-2011, 04:55 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning my fellow meat eaters!!!

Welcome Amelie!! You are gonna love it here. Which plan did you decide on? Fill us in!

CC- How did I know you were out shopping all day.

GT- How do you feel after settling in back home? Such a short trip and back to the grind. Take any pics?

makeme- We've been thinking about you and praying you'd come back with good news. Throwing your back out on top of it is not what we expected!! Keep your spirits up, cause it's all gonna work out. Congrats on jumping back in to QWL. I would even suggest you up the the fat to lend toward the healing process.

I'm glad you girls like the new thread. It was my first shot. Have to admit, I was hoping for IM2 to pop in and take care of it for me. Miss you girlie.

and msgirl and Becky... we need you! updates please!!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:06 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

.....I ate my little hiney off last night. Hubby grilled up a 2 inch thick prime rib steak, and I started out with half and finished that sucker off. (It was fatty but I didnt eat the mushy fat, just the crispy edges) Im gonna guess it was 2.5 pounds after cooked...how amazing that I didnt gain an ounce! Told ya the meat just disappears!! *poof*

Which brings me to the topic of maintenace. I have another take on it. When I first did Stillmans and lost 76 pounds, I was already accustomed to eating only meat by the time I hit goal. I was able to maintain my weight eating as much fatty meat as I wanted (like chicken thighs or ribeyes) and if I felt like dropping a pound or two I would have a lean day (like tuna, chicken breast) and immediately go back to losing. I felt so good on the fatty meat days,and it was so satisfying that I got to the point where i really thought I could/should be a zero carber for life.

There is no thought involved in eating meat. Buy it, cook it, eat it til your hearts content. There is no guilt. There are no repercussions. And it tastes so darn GOOD!! Im rambling on because I know some of us may be at a point where we're frustrated with the scale, or missing other foods, but if we continue on this path, I can bet that 95% of us will eventually embrace it, definitely benefit from it, and hopefully be totally at peace.

Most will think Im crazy, but some may understand what Im talking about and how I felt/feel. My attitude has already did a 360, after just a few weeks.

Im still open to other maintenace ideas, when the time comes and if I have a buddy to maintain with, but I found something that works for me, so Im thinking right now, why change it? Im also thinking...if I eat that carrot Im thinking about, it may be the start of another terrible landslide... been there before and I sure hope it doesnt happen again!

phew..fingers are tired..
Old 04-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
I am slowly but surely adjusting , I'm eating more food yet still losing .. As long as I follow the plan and I'm not working out and still losing . I'm still try to wrapnmy head around it because I've been an athlete All my life yet still struggled with weight loss
I think I want to do this forever

Went to a party last night and I was anxious about what I would do
I followed the advice in Stillmans book and I simply called the host and told her I was on a special diet and she said she would have plenty of items I could eat plus diet sodas

It turned out fine. I had a turkey burger and a deer meat burger with spices and no bun of course
Plus I just kept a diet soda in my hand all night while everyone else had wine and beer or a nice vodka cocktail
It was tough , to be honest

Im glad I stuck through, this morning I was down another pound !

I feel like by next week my wedding dress will not only fit but maybe be too loose

4 lbs in 4 days ... Good God

Thanks to everyone for your advice , ESP Aleriaaaaaaaaa !!!

I'm about to make this quiche with chicken , I need a break from turkey today

April is gonna be do or die month !!!

Engagement photos on april 18... Wonder if I can drop 10 by then ???

Last edited by akagal20; 04-03-2011 at 06:01 AM..
Old 04-03-2011, 06:28 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Al! How do I feel-depressed!!! No, not really, but I loooooove home! And it's Mothers Day today with us,so I'm missing Mum extra. Lovely weather though so that helps! It's cold and wet at home!
76lbs! Wow!!! I'd forgotten that!!! WTG you! And yay on the 'poof'!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:31 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and thanks for the thread! I thought about doing it, but I hoped someone else would! I don't know how to start one! And yup hoped Im2 would come back to start it for us!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Akagal! Yay on the loss!! And deer meat-never had it!!! Stills is the best! We'll have to see your skinny self in those photos!!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:56 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

akagal- what courage to call the hostess! Great job! I'm so glad it paid off. 4 in 4 is awesome!! You will definitely have to have that dress takin in at the rate you're going!! I lost all my weight without exercise, but I do beleive when GT, and others say we need it. I can't firm up these thighs on meat alone.

GT- Im selfish and like it when you're back in Germany. You have more time for us!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:56 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
I read up on deer meat ( venison) and apparently it's ridiculously lean plus naturally very full of flavor
I loved it Last night. So filling and tasty.. The host gave me some ground up so I could eat it on my diet
Such nice people

I'm tired today and grouchy , trying to just rest and push past

Congratulations to all on their long term Stillman success , this is a beast !
Old 04-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

..... been watchin tutorials on how to draw my eyebrows in... Im ready to pluck these things right off!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I read up on deer meat ( venison) and apparently it's ridiculously lean plus naturally very full of flavor
I loved it Last night. So filling and tasty.. The host gave me some ground up so I could eat it on my diet
Such nice people

Very cool. Never had deer either.

Grouchiness always strikes me hard when Im just starting off.You got the right idea- Push past it and go to bed early tonight!! another pound will be gone tomorrow!! and that should put a smile back on your face!!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:15 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Morning Everyone..
I love hearing wonderful success stories on this journey..I too live vicariously through your loses and it is exciting...Anyway, I don't think I'm eating enough..According to what you all eat, I eat much less and I think I need to up my meat..I've eaten a portion of salmon this morning..I think I'll have to grill up some chicken breast or something...I saw another flicker of 149 again today, but I will not accept it until it is solid...I certainly won't give up and I think these last three days of salmon and ground turkey should yield results soon..I also started a mutivit which I never took on Atkins, but I think it is necessary for this...Take care ladies and gentlemen(?) And have a wonderful day...

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 04-03-2011 at 07:20 AM..
Old 04-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
akagal- what courage to call the hostess! Great job! I'm so glad it paid off. 4 in 4 is awesome!! You will definitely have to have that dress takin in at the rate you're going!! I lost all my weight without exercise, but I do beleive when GT, and others say we need it. I can't firm up these thighs on meat alone.

GT- Im selfish and like it when you're back in Germany. You have more time for us!
I was thinking that too-the oposite way-that i eas selfish for not checking in when i was at home.:blush: i was thinking of you guys. Next time I'll bring the iPad home. It's justso annoying having to start up the computer! I told you guys i was lazy!!!
I especially wished I'd had it in Stuttgart airport-confession time! It was the first flight from there to Dublin (used to have to go to Franfurt which is nearly a 3hr train ride away. St. is 40mins on a bus) and there was a reception with champagne and the hugest Pretzels you've ever seen, with butter and hot from the oven. I had a big Pretzel and 2 glasses of bubbly! Well everyone was having them!i actually enjoyed the alcohol more than the bread! Seriously, i can count on my fingers the amount of time I've drunk alcohol since starting QWL! On one hand! I don't do much for the reputatn of the Irish!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Such nice people

venison! Oh I've had that! Seriously the sun is frying my brain!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
there was a reception with champagne and the hugest Pretzels you've ever seen, with butter and hot from the oven. I had a big Pretzel and 2 glasses of bubbly! Well everyone was having them!i actually enjoyed the alcohol more than the bread! Seriously, i can count on my fingers the amount of time I've drunk alcohol since starting QWL! On one hand! I don't do much for the reputatn of the Irish!!!
Nothing like rolling out the red carpet for GT!!!! I love it!!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
..... been watchin tutorials on how to draw my eyebrows in... Im ready to pluck these things right off!
So work's busy, then!

I'm getting mine plucked and lightened on Tuesday-to mstch my newly lightened hair! It has lovely highlights, even if I do say so myself. It looks all expensive......and so it should, it was €120 Pity it's gonna grow out!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Psychdoc- and 149 it is!!! update stats quick!!
Closed Thread