Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Everyone is doing great!!! I didn't lose anything last week, but I didn't gain either!! And considering I was a not so good girl over the weekend I think that is awesome. I won't go into details but it involved a trip to the Cheesecake Factory----combine that with TOM and I'm doomed, LOL. So we will see what next weeks weigh in brings. Scale is stuck at 182.8. I am also going to try eating a little more this week, I know my calories were way too low last week and I have to be careful as I have been down that road before and it took a long time to recover, so I don't want to go that way again.
CCFactory.......low carb heaven! WTG on maintaining!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Al-

This is good advice. I am being over the top about nothing.
It will all be fine. I found out they are having fajitas at my bridal shower, so thats easy, No worry
see, there you are!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I am so hungry, I always find I am hungriest on fish days, I have gone for a couple walks and am pounding back the water like crazy and its not helping. I want to wait until noon to eat my lunch because then I don't eat agin til I get home from the dog park at about 7.

I have some 2 carb protein bars that I am debating snacking on, but I don't know if I should or not or maybe I should just have a coffee, ideas?
fish is so ultr low cal (except for salmon and fatty ones) the reason you are hungry is you need to eat! Ditch the Frankenstein bars and eat some real food!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Having my turkey chops seasoned with chili lime seasoning for lunch and they are actually very good!! I fried them in a little Smart Balance cooking spray and periodically spritzed chicken broth over them to keep them from drying out. That is a tip I learned when I tried the Mcdougall plan a while ago.
oooh good tip!

If you observe what the big cats in the wild eat you have a good idea on what we need for basics. Anything other than meat is just what paleo woman would have eaten...as a bonus find, not a staple.

I watch the new kittens to see what people food they eat. And as a true testament, they like all meats and meat fat, olive oil, butter, parmesan and other cheeses, eggs. So my plan is to eat sorta Catwoman like.

Now, if I only had Halle's figure....
__________________
Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!!
If you can read this thank a teacher; since you are reading it in English, thank a veteran.
“Enjoy the little things, for some day you may look back and realize they were the big things” – Robert Brault
CCGirl is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Is there a salad bar? Maybe you could get some chopped up chicken or even a few slices of ham-ok it has salt, but still. Even just eat a small plate of salad veg, lettuce and some cukes. I think that would be better than the protein bars.
I'm with you on the cheats! It's sooo funny! I do eat salad veg on Stills so for me thats not cheating-but at home when I ate a banana and a small bowl of oatmeal, i was thinking I' cheating!! But I mean come on, a poor old banana is a cheat!! i even think I'm cheating if I eat a strawberry!!
haha its just goes to show that we are making lifestyle changes here, right?

I didn't think about the protein bars kicking me out of ketosis, but i think they might, I made some homemade low carb protein bars for when I absolutely need to have a "cheat" they are only 2 carbs so not bad but I like them with some PB so they end up being about 4 carbs each and then I want more than one haha but I always find when I have them I don't lose weight for a couple days... and I had a couple this weekend so that could explain the lack of weight loss so far this week.
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I still like to have protein bars around, because they seem to do the trick if I am dying for a chocolate bar, but I will have to remember to have them once a week like I used to and not once a day like I have been having them lately (not the last couple days though)

I got the Lindt 99% dark chocolate bar its only 4 carbs for the entire bar, you could never eat the whole bar, its hard to eat a whole piece but If I am having a crazy chocolate craving like at my TOM I will have a piece and that makes me not want to have chocolate for a while haha maybe I will have nore of the bar if I need instead of the protein bar, what should i do with the home made ones though? do you think my dog would eat them? lol
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

If you observe what the big cats in the wild eat you have a good idea on what we need for basics. Anything other than meat is just what paleo woman would have eaten...as a bonus find, not a staple.
:
Big cats get the nutrients of veg and grains from eating the stomachs and other organs of their prey because they ate grains and stuff, and the preys digestive tracts break it down for them, so does that mean you have to eat organ meats on the paleo diet?
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Its hard because I am at work and all there is here is cafeteria food, I caved and got a coffee with milk instead of cream,which i normally get, in hopes that the extra carbs would satiate me, so far its working but I guess my no cheat april is out the window now haha.

I find it funny that back in the day, a tub of ice cream was a cheat and now my cheats are a tbsp of PB or 2 tbsp of cream or milk in my coffee, I like it, I can live with cheats like this, I could also live with the ice cream but then I couldn't leave the house because my pants didn't fit so maybe I couldn't haha
carbs satiate? how on earth could they possible do that? Carbs turn the satiety switch off in our bodies......

can you grab a burger or chik sandwich (no bun, of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Is there a salad bar? Maybe you could get some chopped up chicken or even a few slices of ham-ok it has salt, but still. Even just eat a small plate of salad veg, lettuce and some cukes. I think that would be better than the protein bars.
I'm with you on the cheats! It's sooo funny! I do eat salad veg on Stills so for me thats not cheating-but at home when I ate a banana and a small bowl of oatmeal, i was thinking I' cheating!! But I mean come on, a poor old banana is a cheat!! i even think I'm cheating if I eat a strawberry!!
OMG I hate the carbs in strawberries.......it's huge.
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
haha its just goes to show that we are making lifestyle changes here, right?

I didn't think about the protein bars kicking me out of ketosis, but i think they might, I made some homemade low carb protein bars for when I absolutely need to have a "cheat" they are only 2 carbs so not bad but I like them with some PB so they end up being about 4 carbs each and then I want more than one haha but I always find when I have them I don't lose weight for a couple days... and I had a couple this weekend so that could explain the lack of weight loss so far this week.
Oh i didn't know they were homemade! I thought they were the Atkins type bars with all the crap! Seriously that stuff isn't food!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Big cats get the nutrients of veg and grains from eating the stomachs and other organs of their prey because they ate grains and stuff, and the preys digestive tracts break it down for them, so does that mean you have to eat organ meats on the paleo diet?
Paleo is a simple dietary lifestyle that is based on foods being either in or out. In are the Paleolithic Era foods that we ate prior to agriculture and animal husbandry (meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, tree nuts, vegetables, roots, fruit, berries, mushrooms, etc.). Out are Neolithic Era foods that result from agriculture or animal husbandry (grains, dairy, beans/legumes, potatoes, sugar and fake foods).

Acceptable oils should be restricted to those from fruits (olive, oil palm, avocado) or tree nuts (coconut, walnut, almond, hazelnut, pecan, macadamia). No high-tech industrial seed oils could have existed back then. Wild game meat would be the ideal, but grass-fed meat is used as a practical substitute. The grass-fed is needed to get the proper balance of Omega 3 (from green plants) and Omega 6 (from seeds) fatty acids. Organ meats and bone marrow are very paleo. No processed meats. Consumption of fat from grass-fed animals need not be restricted. See Gary Taubes's Good Calories, Bad Calories. Fish should be wild-caught.

The effort to collect most seeds would not be as optimal as collecting other foods, unless collected as a condiment for the seed’s taste. Some meaty seeds, like sunflower, may have been a food. To protect their reproductive cycle, plants put anti-nutrients in seed coverings to discourage animal consumption (phytic acid, lectins, and enzyme inhibitors). Fruit seeds are not supposed to be digested, but to pass through and still be viable. They would never have been a food.

Salt should not be added to food. They did not have salt shakers. After removing added salt from your diet your taste buds will lose the tolerance they developed for salt. The same thing happens after sweetness is removed.

Agave “nectar” is just the euphemistic marketing name for High Fructose Agave Syrup. It is highly refined and it should be avoided.

Paleo foods are nutrient dense. Supplementation would not be needed, and would not be paleo. There is one exception: Vitamin D. At least it should be supplemented for those of us that don’t live outside year round, and don't eat liver regularly. See recommendations at the Vitamin D Council. If you don't eat fish often, fish oil is another way to get Omega 3 fatty acids.

Food should be eaten when hungry – not at set times of the day. They hunted and gathered foods in anticipation of, or in response to, hunger pangs.

The Paleolithic/Paleo/Caveman/Primal Diet Defined
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
carbs satiate? how on earth could they possible do that? Carbs turn the satiety switch off in our bodies......

can you grab a burger or chik sandwich (no bun, of course)


OMG I hate the carbs in strawberries.......it's huge.
Ok not satiate haha, I am lactose intolerent so the when I have milk it makes me not want to eat anymore, cream doesn't though because there is less lactase (I think that the thing) in it.

I am going to super store right now to buy something meaty
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I still like to have protein bars around, because they seem to do the trick if I am dying for a chocolate bar, but I will have to remember to have them once a week like I used to and not once a day like I have been having them lately (not the last couple days though)

I got the Lindt 99% dark chocolate bar its only 4 carbs for the entire bar, you could never eat the whole bar, its hard to eat a whole piece but If I am having a crazy chocolate craving like at my TOM I will have a piece and that makes me not want to have chocolate for a while haha maybe I will have nore of the bar if I need instead of the protein bar, what should i do with the home made ones though? do you think my dog would eat them? lol
Oh God, i bought that zlindt bar once-vomit!! It was like eating tobacco!! I'm such a milk choc girl though!
I was thinking of getting coconut oil and making cocoa bark--but I'm really afraid of the cals! Also I don't want to start using any sugar substitutes-again I think they're fake food!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #250
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Big cats get the nutrients of veg and grains from eating the stomachs and other organs of their prey because they ate grains and stuff, and the preys digestive tracts break it down for them, so does that mean you have to eat organ meats on the paleo diet?
I did not need to read this!!! i'm eating!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
There are many conditions in Western industrialised societies today that were unheard of, or at least very rare, just a century ago.

The same conditions are still unheard of in primitive peoples who do not have the 'benefits' of our knowledge. There is a very good reason for this: They eat what Nature intended; we don't.

although modern hunting tribes do eat plants, they have fire. Without it, there are very few plant foods with sufficient calorific value that we could have digested. There were fruits, of course, but there is not one prehistoric site in all Africa that indicates forests extensive enough to have supplied sufficient fruit to meet the needs of its inhabitants. Indeed, there is agreement that our ancestors did not dwell in forests at all but on the savannahs where there were vast plains of grass. However, grass is of no value to our digestive system. Even to live off fleshier leaves would require the much more highly specialised digestive systems of other primates. Compare the shape of the gorilla against that of the man in Figure 3. The area between the chest and the legs of the gorilla is much greater than the same part of the man. This is because the gorilla, a herbivore, needs a much larger digestive system. The walls of all plant cells are made of cellulose, a form of dietary fibre. There is no enzyme in the human digestive system that will break it down. And with the cell walls intact, the nutrients in the cells cannot be digested. Passing unaffected straight through the gut, therefore, all the nutrients in the plant would be ejected as waste.

Studies conducted on monkeys have led to the suggestion that the seeds of the grass could have supplied us with the energy we required (6) . However, if this were the case, why is it that we cannot eat them now without cooking them first? Seeds, the staples such as rice, wheat, maize and beans, play an important part in our lives today. All of them, however, must be cooked before we can eat them in any quantity. Seeds and berries are a plant's reproductive system. Many are designed to attract animals to eat them but there would be little point in this if the seeds were digested. No, they are indigestible — deliberately, designed to pass through the animal to be defecated and take root elsewhere. Two means only are available to make them digestible: cooking and grinding.

Before fire was harnessed, the only means by which the seeds could have been rendered digestible would have been by pounding them and breaking down the plant cell walls, but no archaeologist has ever found a Stone Age tool for this job. If chewing were the method used to do the job, a very large proportion of the seeds would escape and, passing through the body undigested, end up in the faeces. Hominid faeces, or coprolites as they are called, have been found and studied in detail (7) . Older coprolites from Africa contain no plant material. Relatively recent ones from north America have included just about everything that could remotely be called edible: from eggshells and feathers to seeds and vegetable fibres. But these remains occur only after the Paleoindians had mastered fire, and even then, seeds had passed through undigested and unharmed. Thus there is no doubt that seeds cannot have been a natural part of their diet.

we just don't need grain. It makes us sick.

The Naive Vegetarian
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Paleo is a simple dietary lifestyle that is based on foods being either in or out. In are the Paleolithic Era foods that we ate prior to agriculture and animal husbandry (meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, tree nuts, vegetables, roots, fruit, berries, mushrooms, etc.). Out are Neolithic Era foods that result from agriculture or animal husbandry (grains, dairy, beans/legumes, potatoes, sugar and fake foods).


Food should be eaten when hungry – not at set times of the day. They hunted and gathered foods in anticipation of, or in response to, hunger pangs.

The Paleolithic/Paleo/Caveman/Primal Diet Defined
Thats awesome! Thanks for the info! I also like the hunger thing, I have been working on that part because we live in a gluttonous society compared to what they used to, I always try and wait til I am hungry before eating, I just hate being hungry and having no food to eat, I couldn't have been a cave man haha

I always try and think that my ancestors would have eaten mainly fish, caribou or seal (I am inuit) with almost no grains of veggies so thats why I feel good on stillmans, although they also only lived til they were 30 so I take a multi vit so I make it to atleast 40 haha
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #253
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post


OMG I hate the carbs in strawberries.......it's huge.
no, berries are the least carb filled fruits!! And they have a low GI so minimal affect on blood sugar! .......now the poor unloved banana on the other hand.....!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Ok not satiate haha, I am lactose intolerent so the when I have milk it makes me not want to eat anymore, cream doesn't though because there is less lactase (I think that the thing) in it.

I am going to super store right now to buy something meaty
O my dad is LI, burp and fart city after dairy

I don't know if there's any LC dairy free creamers out there............
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
no, berries are the least carb filled fruits!! And they have a low GI so minimal affect on blood sugar! .......now the poor unloved banana on the other hand.....!!
after starting low carb I am happy I have always hated bananas and loved strawberries, I will work them back into my diet because I love them, they are like ice cream for me even if they are sugary and carb filled I am eating them haha

wouldn't paleop women have eaten berries in the summer because that is something they could have picked? Like the gatherers from hunters and gatherers?
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O my dad is LI, burp and fart city after dairy

I don't know if there's any LC dairy free creamers out there............
I haven't found one yet that isn't full of things I can't pronounce haha, I would rather just have the cream anyways it tastes better and is lower in carbs than any replacement I have found
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I'll never eat the organs! And I'm still in two minds about all the sat fat. I think I'll always keep that low!
Strange that they don't allow omega 6 oils-we're always hearing about them protecting the heart etc. and how those on the Med. diet are healthiest!!
And omg about the agarve-never had it but it is always being branded as healthy and natural-and is always in raw food diets!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
The Naive Vegetarian

nope, it made me fat and screwed up my hormones!
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member
 
icandoit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 776
Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Just looking at your stats,ICDI---WTG on the loss already! You'll def be into onderland (thought that was so funny the first time I heard it!) by the end of April! Woohoo!!
I swear I have to keep reminding myself that! Thanks!!

I didn't eat the chocolate
icandoit is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
although they also only lived til they were 30 so I take a multi vit so I make it to atleast 40 haha
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
after starting low carb I am happy I have always hated bananas and loved strawberries, I will work them back into my diet because I love them, they are like ice cream for me even if they are sugary and carb filled I am eating them haha

wouldn't paleop women have eaten berries in the summer because that is something they could have picked? Like the gatherers from hunters and gatherers?
yessirree.........catch up on the links when you get time.......trust me, the light bulb will go on for you.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I'll never eat the organs! And I'm still in two minds about all the sat fat. I think I'll always keep that low!
Strange that they don't allow omega 6 oils-we're always hearing about them protecting the heart etc. and how those on the Med. diet are healthiest!!
And omg about the agarve-never had it but it is always being branded as healthy and natural-and is always in raw food diets!
they allow the O3/6 oils.....it's needed for porper function.

OMG here, too about the agave........cactus sugar, corn sugar.....it's a conspiracy I tell you
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hey GT,

How did you decide on your goal weight? I may have asked you this before but I can't remember haha
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I swear I have to keep reminding myself that! Thanks!!

I didn't eat the chocolate
Wow-good you!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I love banans!!!! My Mum used to mash them up for us with sugar!!! In a bowl when we were toddlers!! Hmmm go figure why I have a sweet tooth!!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Thats awesome! Thanks for the info! I also like the hunger thing, I have been working on that part because we live in a gluttonous society compared to what they used to, I always try and wait til I am hungry before eating, I just hate being hungry and having no food to eat, I couldn't have been a cave man haha

I always try and think that my ancestors would have eaten mainly fish, caribou or seal (I am inuit) with almost no grains of veggies so thats why I feel good on stillmans, although they also only lived til they were 30 so I take a multi vit so I make it to atleast 40 haha
I think with further reading you will find that is also untrue........however, they were on the run from dinosaurs and huge tigers, so that may have been a contributing factor......
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member
 
PsychDoc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Posts: 143
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Afternoon Everyone,
I hear such positive chatter here on the thread today...Eating cheesecake, chocolate, fajitas...Yummy..That chipotle sauce sounds good, only the mayo would turn me off...
Mar-Resist the Protein Bar..You can do it...Maybe drink some more coffee...I dunno...The idea of getting the tuna pouches is a good one....Plan for that the next time
CC-Thanks for the Paleo review..Excellent information...Makes sense through and through to follow this plan...
MomtoCJ-Cheesecake Factory...Yummy
Al-Your steak sounds excellent tonight...I was thinking of taking one down for tomorrow...I went out to dinner with my mother last night and had a steak at outback....I think I need a break from beef for a few days...It was good though...
GT-I feel the same way about condiments...Ever since starting Stillman's I don't use anything but herbs/spices and mustard...I use to use mayo all the time, but now the Hellman's is in the back of the fridge...I was never a ketchup person so I really don't use anything but mustard to dip or squeeze into meats and fish...chipotle sounds absolutely great though...
AkaGal and Cat-You two are doing marvelous...A pound a day is awesome...AkaGal you will be ready so many days before the big day...And you look stunning in your picture

Well, a can of tuna with egg and mustard was for breakfast...two chicken breasts + mustard were for lunch..Dinner a boiled egg...Right now I feel full...You know, I have had this craving for onion powder lately and I have put it on everything....I don't know where that is coming from....
PsychDoc3 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hey GT,

How did you decide on your goal weight? I may have asked you this before but I can't remember haha
Dunno really!!! I had a few--154, then 133.
We measure in stones and pounds-14lbs to a stone and so I thought 8st sounds good! If I'm really honest I would like to be lighter than that. Dunno I suppose i think if BMI wise I'm technically underweight, then I'll believe I'm 'thin'. Believe me, I know that sounds crazy! I go by celeb weits too.
Now I really go by goal measurements too, and I really want the measurements for a US size 0. I know that's crazy too. Again it's like, i know if you wear a O then you're 'thin'. I'm not too far off really, even though I don't get that at all cos there is no way in hell I'd fit into a UK/Ire 4!!!
I think goal weight are different for everyone. And I def wouldn't take any notice of me. I know mine isn't that healthy!
__________________

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #268
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Loooooove onions!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Dunno really!!! I had a few--154, then 133.
We measure in stones and pounds-14lbs to a stone and so I thought 8st sounds good! If I'm really honest I would like to be lighter than that. Dunno I suppose i think if BMI wise I'm technically underweight, then I'll believe I'm 'thin'. Believe me, I know that sounds crazy! I go by celeb weits too.
Now I really go by goal measurements too, and I really want the measurements for a US size 0. I know that's crazy too. Again it's like, i know if you wear a O then you're 'thin'. I'm not too far off really, even though I don't get that at all cos there is no way in hell I'd fit into a UK/Ire 4!!!
I think goal weight are different for everyone. And I def wouldn't take any notice of me. I know mine isn't that healthy!
I I find the more weight I lose the more weight I want to lose haha, my first goal was 145, the 135, now it's 125 and I am thinking maybe I want to aim for 115 haha.

I just went grocery shopping and I can not wait til I am in maintenance the funny thing is I walked past the junk food aisle and the bakery section no problem, I find I am really missing fruit and veggies lately, maybe I will have to do the 14 day shape up again although I like how fast I lose on QWL, I just have to do it so I can get to be the veg and protein girl I wanna be one day. I miss colour on my plate is what I think the problem is, its all mental, maybe I should get new dishes?
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #270
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Just read th NYT article-thanks for the link CC. Very interesting! I agree with it completely. (i still find the high sat fat hard!). For me though it all comes bact to clean eating-whatever that may be for everyone-all meat, protein and veg, some fruits or even some unprocessed whole-grains.
I think that is the thing that turned me off and still turns me off Atkins-it's the fact that as long as it's lc it's ok, as long as you're losing weight it's ok. Nobody ever talks about how healthy or unhealthy it is. It bugs me on LCF when I see all the recipes for lc versions of hc foods, all the AS, all the crap! And what's sold at the famous online lc store!!! The ingredient lists are like the Periodic table. Regardless of whether they're high carb or low carb, it's still processed rubbish!
Ok I'll get off my soapbox now..........but it does bug me!!!
Oh yeah and I will never think a sausage or hot dog is a good healthy thing!!!!!! Low carb, yes, healthy, no!
Ok def gonna stop now!.....before I'm asked to leave LCF!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:24 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.